Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decided to drop into the show. Now here's your host, Paul Chargion.
Speaker 1: It's Fantasy Football Weekly, another playoff edition. Very excited for the divisional round games. Joining me like you did last week, Brian Johnson. Brian, we could not have Look, I don't want to immediately come right out of the gate and start with this. We couldn't have been hotter last week, could not have been hotter.
Speaker 3: I mean it's.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know, Brian, but the way that the angles provided on this show last week were frankly staggering in their accuracy.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming you're just talking about yours. I think mine were pretty good. I'm trying to remember. I'm feeling better about this week, though. I think we say it every year, this is the best weekend of football. It is the playoffs. YEP.
Speaker 1: In the old days, we used to bring all our employees out. This was this was the week. You go this week, you get the you get the four games, you get great teams, you don't have any of the wild card suckers that shouldn't be in there.
Speaker 3: They all got bounced.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they got filtered out pretty easily last weekend. I think this weekend, though, I think every underdog has a legitimate chance. Don't sleep on them, the Texans, the Chiefs, of course, even the Packers. I mean, we're gonna get into all these games, of course, and what am I weaving out?
Speaker 1: Lastly, I think the reckoning comes for the Packers here. If they came into last week Lucy Goosey, nothing to lose, lots of intangibles going their way. I think I get the feeling it all comes it all comes back here.
Speaker 4: We'll find out in the book. The last underdog, of course, and the other chance, but the Packers and the Texans went. There's something to be said about these red hot teams as a Giants fan, because that's how they've won their most recent Super Bowl. So they have not been that recent recently, but just they're hot. And then they go face the number one seed who has rested their players the last week of the regular season. They've been run by of course, so they've been sitting around and the other team's got a lot of momentum though, but we'll get them to them all.
Speaker 3: Well, let's start with that one.
Speaker 1: Baltimore Houston, Right, So this is you know, Baltimore hasn't played in a couple of weeks. Houston comes in off a big win that was previewed on this very show. Signature win for these new look Texans, right, I mean, this is no matter what happens here, they roll into next year feeling great organizationally and for the first time in five years for Houston. I love I love what they've built. We talked, you know in the preseason.
Speaker 3: I loved him.
Speaker 1: I banked the wrong guy in Damian Pierce, but we talked about how much how much better we thought that Houston would be and they got a real chance here. There's I'm gonna give you some angles, and the Prey should mention the way we're gonna do this for the all of these We're just gonna break down angles that we like in all these games. We're not doing the whole that all the letter grades for every single player, but we've found we've unearthed angles that we love. I want to start here, Brian Baltimore's best cornerback, Marlin Humphrey has been ruled out of this game.
Speaker 3: Humphrey.
Speaker 1: Humphrey missed the first three games of the season. You want to hear what the Ravens gave up through the air in those games. And keep in mind first three games this season, they saw c. J. Stroud in his very first NFL game. Then they saw Joe Burrow who was playing hobbled at the time. Remember when Burrow couldn't complete a pass more than ten yards downfield. They saw Joe Burrow during that stretch. And then they saw Anthony Richardson in his first then his third NFL start. Right, they gave up just to the wide receiver position with Marlon Humphrey out, they gave up one hundred and eighty four yards to wide receivers per game in that stretch. That would have made them thirty first across a full season. And so Nico Collins feels really good here.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Oh? For sure, you gotta love love Nico in this one. And I just it's been a long time. I still implementing tank Dell going down because it's imagine if they tank Dell right now, I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a huge boon. You'll get into a little more for Collins with Humphrey out, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Singletary is the other angle I really like.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Ravens are this great defense, right are they?
Speaker 3: Mostly? Yeah? But you know where? You know where they're really struggling against the run. Get this.
Speaker 1: Over the last five weeks, Ravens rank twenty ninth in rushing yards allowed, thirtieth in yards per carry five point two yards per carry allowed for the Ravens over five games. I man's that's a pretty long sample size in the NFL. Since Week ten, five different backs have topped one hundred yards against Baltimore. And that's even when Baltimore has blowout wins. They're still getting run upon. Houston runs the ball twenty six times per game. Singletary gets almost all of that work, and since taking over the starting job in week nine, Singletary averaging seventy four percent of the carries. This could you know his overline by the way, fifty six and a half. This is not a betting show, but this is an opportunity for Devin Singletary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, I was. I wanted to look at his price, his DFS price. I won't list. I won't say the name of the site because we're not sponsored by them or anything. But he's he's coming in too cheap. I know that. So I love Singletary from a DFS angle, and I'm gonna guess he's probably like the fifth or sixth most expensive running back when there's not a lot of running backs on the slate. So yeah, I like Singletary in this one. I think people are just gonna they'll see uh yeah, you know, middle of the pack, fourteenth against So people are not gonna think it's a smash like you pretty much waited out. It kind of is a smash spot for a single time.
Speaker 3: It is. It really is.
Speaker 4: The seventh he's under, he's priced lower than Edwards, Montgomery, Cook, Oh, Gibbs, Jones.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to right to Gus Edwards and Well, I think Gus Edwards is going to struggle here in this game. Last week we hit the under on the Browns number one runner against the Texans Jerome Ford.
Speaker 3: So we're going back to the.
Speaker 1: Well and we're gonna go against Gus Edwards against this tough Houston run defense. Over the past five regular season games, the Texans ranked number one in yards per carry allowed, three point two yards per carry. Then in the playoff game last week, they held Kareem Hunt and Jerome Ford to two point five yards per carry.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: And Gus Edwards he's a replacement level runner four yards per carry. He's the forty fourth ranked runner by Pro Football Focus. And you always get this rotation in Baltimore, right, so we know there's gonna be a bunch of Justice Hill, there's gonna be some Dalvin Cook worked into this thing. And since week twelve, Gus only averaging eleven carries per game. I'm anti Gus in this one. I don't think Gus is gonna do much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll, like you said, he'll certainly gonna get some more more of the pass down back, but he still gets some carries. But I think we're gonna see more Dalvin Cook than expected in this one. I think we're gonna see like five to eight carries, which is five to eight carries too many for Dalvin Cook. I has got a bad feeling that there's gonna force Dalvin Cook into this game, which does not bode well for a Gus Edwards hitting that over. So I'm with you on the under there. I like that call after.
Speaker 3: Fifteen and a half yards for the betters out there.
Speaker 1: Dalton Schultz could be in a tough spot. And let me explain why. Kyle Hamilton is the star safety for the Ravens elite coverage safety. Here's how they deploy him. If there's an opposing great, good slot receiver, the Ravens will put Kyle Hamilton on that slot receiver. But with Tank Dell out, John Mitchie is not worthy of Kyle Hamilton's attention.
Speaker 3: But you know who is is Dalton Schultz. They're gonna roll.
Speaker 1: So they will roll Kyle Hamilton over to good tight ends if there isn't a great slot receiver. And I think Dalton Schultz is sitting out a tough game against Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 4: And Brevin Jordan has proven himself to be quite a weapon. Took a seventy six yard like screen pass essentially to the house last week. He's a tight end for those that don't know, he might be more of a threat than Metchi and the the zombie corpse of Robert Woods, who still gets trotted out there every now and again. So yeah, I like that that call as well. K I get a quick DFS angle on this game. Yeah, are you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go for it anything, We're just having fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, we can jump in and out of each other's matchups. Here we should mention Mark Andrews was ruled out or it's most likely will be ruled out when it looked like he was coming back. Yeah, so everyone, of course isay likely great for him. But Charlie Kohler, if you just if you want to punt play a tight end.
Speaker 1: Charlie Cohler again, what's your what's your thinking on this?
Speaker 3: Help me understand?
Speaker 4: He has caught touchdowns, not many, but I mean he gets run. Since Andrews has been down, he's the backup tight end. You know what's interesting about likely? Well, so Mark Andrews, We've talked about this so many times, was the second tight end drafted by the Ravens. ZERI was drafted. They took Hayden Hurst in the first round, Andrews in the second round. The Ravens took Charlie Kohler. I mean it was last year, yeah, before they took Isaia Likely. So like like Mark Andrews, isay likely was the second tight end drafted by the team. He was drafted. But Charlie Kohler, he's just gonna be a bare minimum punk play tight and and everyone's going to be on Isaiah Likely as he should be as a great matchup. But it's a it's a he's a pun play and it's a great pivot play too, or leverage play. I should say, well, while everyone's gonna be on Likely, Charlie Coler gets a cheap touchdown and a good matchup. You never know. That's all say.
Speaker 1: He saw a huge up tick in usage last last game, but that was the meaningless Week eight team game for a team that already locked, already locked, So I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not with you on the didn't play in that game, though Likely did play. I was shocked to see Isaiah Likely playing in that game and Justice Hill. I remember being like, why are these guys out there? I know they have a bye coming up.
Speaker 3: And I think that was why. I think that was why.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go over to Green Bay at San Francisco. I'll start it off by mentioning this. The Packers are known as a team that has a traveling fan base, but the reports are that ninety seven percent of the tickets are being held by held close by forty nine ers fans, so it might not be the way game advantage that the Packers often get when they travel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know it's not San Francisco anymore, but that's probably better for the sack the Packer fans. San Francisco underrated, fear for your safety city, go to away games.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like they throw they throw you out at the top of the stadium.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like like Philly Oakland used to be in that territory back when the Raiders played in Oakland. And yeah, San Francisco not a place you want to be flaunting your the post colors. I didn't know that, okay, but now they're in like Santa Clara or whatever. But I don't know the riff raft travels.
Speaker 3: But anyway, it feels so suburban.
Speaker 4: It's what like forty five minutes outside of San Francisco. But I don't know, just Packers fans. They'll be happy they're not there, but maybe they may be sad they're not there, because is this the matchup of the two best offenses in the NFL? Charge And I'm gonna make it for it right now. The Packers and the forty nine ers. Since Week nine, the most yards per play Number one forty nine Ers number two the Packers. Wow, the highest EPA per play Now. EPA stands for expected points added. Not going to get too deep into it, but at the highest level, EPA is a measure of how well the team performs relative to expectations. So high EPA very good for an offense. Number one since week nine forty nine Ers number two the Packers, Wow, we got we got a shootout on our hands here. From an injury perspective, JayR Alexander, stand out corner for the Packers, did reaggravate his ankle injury last week. He is questionable to play. That would be huge if he misses this game, so monitor his datus obviously would benefit Brandon Ayuk, Deebo Samuel and company. AJ Dillon might make his return, but no really cares. Aaron Jones looked incredible last week, Like.
Speaker 1: Wen he has for like three or four straight weeks since They've basically opened up the throttle on him and just let him let him play.
Speaker 3: Which is great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's playing out of this world right now. And nothing too major. On the forty nine er side, starting linebacker Dre Greenlaw might not play with an Achilles injury, but he probably played. But anyway, back to the fantasy aspects, I got a couple of dfs angles. I like here. I like naked Jordan Love. Now, don't like your mind wander too much there. Naked Jordan Love means you don't pair him with anyone. You play Jordan Love and you just roll him naked. You don't try it because, honestly, how hard is it to predict who's going to catch a touchdown for the Packers these days? Right? Jaden Reid didn't have a catch last week, and he was like top ten in receptions in the NFL. You have to catch last week.
Speaker 3: I think the bounce back is coming for real.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna feed Read the ball, give him some extra love this week to make up for you.
Speaker 4: It is a good If I had to pick one, it would be Read and people will be kind of off of him because of the goosegg last week. But I love Jordan Love. Price lower. The only quarterback price lower than Love right now is Baker Mayfield, which is criminal for a guy as hot as Love has been. And the forty nine Ers have yielded the third most pass attempts this regular season. Since Week four, they've allowed at least forty rushing yards indoor a rushing touchdown to an opposing quarterback six times. That's a fair amount during that span, and Love has rushed for at least thirty yards end or a touchdown in six games. So long story short, Love is a dual threat and this is a great matchup for him. Games. Trip is going to be in his favorite It's going to be neutral at best, and Packers' offense is rolling, so I think people are gonna they'll gravitate towards Love, but I think they're going to try it to stack him up and that they might whiff. So just rolling him out there solo is how I would approach Love in this game. And a cheap guy like in this matchup is Juwan Jennings, wide receiver for the Packers. I'm sorry for the forty nine Ers has n't played since Week fifteen, been out with a concussion, but he is back. He's ready to go. Jennings takes more than sixty percent of his snaps from the slot, and since Week thirteen, Green Bay has allowed the fifth most receiving yards and their top ten in the most points per target allowed to slot receivers, So Jennings, you know, everyone's going to be all excited about McCaffrey of course, and Ayuk.
Speaker 1: And Debo and running from the slot too.
Speaker 4: Yes, Diebo runs from the slot as well, but technically Jennings is the primary. But they move all these guys all over the place. But overall, great matchup for the forty nine ers wide receivers, and so the Jennings the cheapest option and by the least rostered option as well. So I like Jennings in this one. And what should be a good game. We might see a little rain, but nothing that you should have warrants any real concern when it comes to weather terrorism.
Speaker 1: I like the passing game for San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: Green Bay has played an incredibly soft schedule of opposing quarterbacks. And when I was looking to try to find what's happened when Green Bay has played at a purty level of quarterback, so you know, above average quarterbacks, I counted exactly five all year, including Dak last week. The average game that they yielded two hundred and ninety five yards and two touchdowns. I feel like that's probably about the right ballpark here for brock Perty sitting on a pretty nice game and green Bay is getting rocked by tight ends, including Jake Ferguson's three scores last week. But get this, recent touchdowns allowed to the tight end positioned by green Bay mentioned Ferguson, Johnny munt co keif Noah Gray and Stone Smart.
Speaker 3: Here comes George Kittle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you. And when Kittle goes off, he goes off big, big time. Yeah. It feels like it worth the shooting for the Kittle in this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to our next matchup, which is I think it's Bucks Lions.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bucks Lions.
Speaker 1: This would be the first game on Sunday, and they they decided to go interestingly, you know, no, there is not an early game. There's the late afternoon start and then there's an evening game on Sunday. My first angle of attack here is Rashad White, who I do not like in this matchup. The Bucks don't run very well in general, but they do pass well. Meanwhile, the Lions run defense is very good and they can't stop the pass. I mean, just everything says pass pass pass for the Bucks offense, including if you think the six and a half points spread is legit. That means you've got negative game script working against Rashad White as well. Lions finished the season number one in rushing yards allowed, number three in yards per carry allowed, number two in rushes attempted, and I think that's going to be a problem for Rashad White here as well. Of the Lions' last nine opponents, seven of them did not have a runner reach fifty five yards, which by the way is Rashad White's over under. And the two that barely did that did go over fifty five, they were like sixty two and sixty five. So nobody really goes off against the Lions. I don't like Rashad White here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would be. It's all about it. I know you're probably gonna get into it. It's all about the past, and Rashad White can catch passes, but you want to have a somewhat solid matchup on the ground, and it's it's not the Lions or not that forposing running backs.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 1: So let's talk Kendall Vildor again. We identified him as a huge problem in that Lion's secondary last week. We thought we were like Pooka Nakula. Every way you can find imaginable this week, Chris Godwin, let's talk it through and why not, Mike Evans.
Speaker 3: You might be wondering. Here's why.
Speaker 1: The way the Lions handled last week, how they handled Poka Nakula with Kindall Vildor, is they hid Kindall Vildor wherever wherever Pooka Nakula was, Kendall Vildor hit the other side of the field.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't let him.
Speaker 1: Need Puka Nakua and Nicolea only ended up catching one of his many catches came against Kendallvildor, but it didn't matter because Kendallvildor still gave up gigantic plays to to Atwell's long touchdown.
Speaker 3: Derek Allen, all these guys.
Speaker 1: Just pounding Kendallvildor last week, who ended up giving up one hundred one yards and a touchdown in his coverage. So what's gonna happen here is I believe they're gonna make sure Kendallvildor is not on Mike Evans' side of the field. They're gonna take their chances with Kendallvildor on the other side of the field. And that's Chris Godwin, get this and we mentioned this last week regular season Kendallvildor giving up twenty two yards per reception, which is insane. Last week Kendallvildor gave up twenty five yards per reception. You're giving up a quarter of the field every time anybody throws at you.
Speaker 3: Insane. So the Godwin, how's that?
Speaker 4: The revolving kill door, the revolving killed door. I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it nicely done.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield sitting out a big game because I don't think they're gonna run well, They're gonna pass with relative ease. Here Baker didn't score in the earlier matchup between these teams, but I don't care this way back in week six.
Speaker 3: They're just different teams now.
Speaker 1: I like Godwin's matchup and Mike Evans matchup is against Cam Sutton. He's got six inches and fifty pounds on Sutton and Sutton got roasted, roasted by Pokinakua. He's allowed touchdowns in three of his past four games. Baker's thrown multiple touchdowns in six of the past seven, ten of the past thirteen. And get the yardage numbers the Lions are giving up through the air. Last four weeks, four hundred eleven yards, three hundred and forty five yards, three hundred and ninety six yards, and three hundred and sixty seven passing yards.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're just getting scorched.
Speaker 1: Baker may sitting on what I think is going to be a very good game. My friend, Miss Mitch Moss and I were texting, how about this bet to lead the weekend in passing yards Baker Mayfield plus seven hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that. I like that bet. I mean, yeah, it's all there, it's all on paper. Why this this should be a great game for Baker. Want to hear my one concern and please, it's kind of out outside the lines, and it's just I know, we share that we are in agreement with this. It pertains to coordinators interviewing for jobs while they're still coordinating in the playoffs. Yeah. So Dave Cannet, the offensive coordinator for the Bucks, the quarterback whisperer, by the way, brought Geno Smith back to life. Yeah, doing the same with Baker Mayfield. He's been interviewing this week. I think Carolina was one. So that's what I just I just hate how they do that, and it's distracting and I don't think big and Maville is gonna hit his unders because of that. But I just wanted to throw that out there that I just had to air my grievances on the coordinators interviewing while they're preparing for a huge playoff game.
Speaker 1: I can see that. I think there might be a little something there. By the way, have you noticed this? These teams are interviewing an absurd number of candidates. Panthers have had eleven interview requests that they put out, Chargers, thirteen Falcons, eleven, Titans, ten Seahawks seven these they're staggering numbers of interviews. It's I don't ever remember teams doing this many interviews before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy. And even regardless of the just going back to the coordinators, the coach is still coaching. I know teams with vacancies need a head coach immediate as soon as possible, but how can it just not be the rule, the law, whatever, that you're still your team's still alive, you're not interviewing. You gotta wait, and the other the team's gotta wait. I'll get you that bad. They can wait two weeks, three weeks from now. Tops.
Speaker 3: I like this, it's a two edged sword.
Speaker 1: If you you know, these are the most coveted These playoff coaches are the most coveted ones out there, right, And if you've got to wait a month only to find out that that coordinator doesn't even want to talk to you, or it's a bad fit, or you don't like that guy after all, and you've waited a month for that team to get through the Super Bowl or get through the conference championship games, that's it's too long to sit, to sit and not know your coach is going to be I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, it'll never change for those reasons. I'm just still.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Chief Spills. Let's wrap it up with Chief Spills.
Speaker 4: Uh, this to me is outside.
Speaker 1: This is the new Manning versus Brady. In terms of non divisional rivalries, Manning Braiding Brady was the best there was for about a decade. Now it's Josh Allen Patrick Mahomes Bill's Chiefs is the best non divisional rivalry going in football. And for the first time we get to see Patrick Mahomes with an inconsistent offense on the road, and I think the.
Speaker 3: Bills are going to knock him out of the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Right here. Yeah, first time we will see Mahomes on the road. Like you said, in the playoffs, Buffalo two and a half point favorite, forty five point over under, which is not a lot for these two teams, you know in recent past. I know it's going to be cold in Buffalo and all that, but the defenses much improved, well, at least on the Kansas City side, probably the best defense Patrick Mahomes has ever played with in his career. But back to the offense, of course. For the Chiefs, Canarius Tony has been limited this week as questionable to play. Don't really care. Sky Moore could make his return.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 4: We don't care about that. Gabe Davis has been ruled out. You kind of have to care about that, especially because he had a Easton showing the last time. He's too met in the playoffs a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Turned out okay, yes, two.
Speaker 4: Hundred yards and four touchdowns, but he has been ruled out. So again, we'll see a bump in usage for Khalil's here alongside Stefan Diggs, who was just a I don't know. We'll talk about digs in a second, but uh, you gotta like all the all the Bills in this matchup outside of Diggs. Really you'll be facing the Jerry as sneed the guy like most from a DFS perspective, and again it's he's a cheaper option, almost a pun play. Is Dawson Knox, who I know, he's technically the backup tight end to Dalton Kincaid, but Kincaid is more of a wide receiver. He only takes twenty percent of his snaps in line, and quite honestly, with with Gabe Davis out and with whatever Stefan Diggs is right now, the Bills need Kincaid to step up as a wide receiver in this matchup. So so back to Knox. He's Gordon back to back games. These teams played in Week fourteen. By the way, it was a twenty seventeen win by Kansas City, so not a lot of fireworks in that one. But Knox had three catches thirty six yards. Not great, but we take that for as a floor with his bare minimum price tag essentially, but Knox scored against the Chiefs last year. He also had playoff success last year. Three catches twenty yards in a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wasn't there last year?
Speaker 4: He was m kincaid. Still he's gonna be operating more as a wide receiver. My point there is he's had three strong playoff games knocks in a row now, and so you know Josh Allen, he looks his way in the playoffs. And the Chiefs allowing five catches forty five yards per game to opposing tight ends in the regular season, so we take that all day. That's a double digit PPR points. So I like Knox here, and most people are going to be obviously gravitating towards the Sam Laportas, the George Kittles, Travis Kelcey's like the three best option today end just on you know a name basis right now, which is which is crazy? But I like Knox and you gotta love James Cook. I think he's just an auto play. I think you got to use him if you're like in a one and done pool. Since Buffalo fired offensive coordinator, well former offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey after Week eleven, the Bills have become the most run heavy offense in the NFL. Love it. So from weeks one to ten with Dorsey as OC, they're running the ball thirty six percent of the time. And now from from weeks eleven up until now through the wild Card game with Joe Brady as OC nearly fifty percent one percentage, the highest in the league since Week eleven, which is which is insane to think with a quarterback like Josh Allen. And since week thirteen, Kansas City has allowed the twelfth highest explosive run rate and the sixth lowest stuff rate. So Cook it in a smash spot in this one. It's gonna be another cold weather game. That doesn't mean they're not gonna be throwing the ball. But I love Cook here. I think he's just probably my outside of McCaffrey, might be my favorite running back. Plates Yeah, love him.
Speaker 1: When these teams met a few weeks ago, he averaged six yards a carry, and so I I love it. By the way, he also hammered the Chiefs through the air. He had five catches eighty three yards through the air in the previous matchup. But I'm with you, I think the I think rushing yards are absolutely here for Cook sitting on a potentially very good game, and I like I like him a lot. I want to talk for a second about the Bill's secondary, which basically from the point of the Rasul Douglas trade. This Bill secondary has been terrific, and I think Mahomes is sitting up potentially a really bad game. Get this, here's the last six games yards allowed. Well, let me give you touchdowns allowed by the Bills. By the Bills passing touchdowns allowed by the Bills to the last six games brian one zero, zero, zero, one and one.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: And one of those ones was the Patrick Mahomes was Patrick Mahomes in the previous matchup. It is a This is a really tricky spot and his best wide out Rashi Rice. He's got a tough matchup against Tarreon Johnson in the slot. Johnson's last ten games zero touchdowns allowed, twenty seven yards allowed per game.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I think the passing game is gonna struggle for Kansas City, and I wonder if you see it the same.
Speaker 4: Way, Yeah, just like it's a better matchup on the ground, like it, you know, the best way to attack both of these defenses is on the ground. So yeah, I like the checko more than anyone in the past game for the Chiefs, and it's pretty much the same way on the on the the same way on the other side with the Bills with Cook and the pass game there, I just prefer that the ground game in this one. I think we're gonna see a lot of running in this game, which people aren't gonna be expecting, but I think it's we're going to be seeing.
Speaker 1: So do you think there's gonna be uh fewer, fewer points to be had in general in this game Chief Spills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I said, I mean, forty five, that's that's pretty low, even considering, you know, the cold weather. If this game was being played last year in the same weather, the over under would be over fifty easy. I feel like I think you know, Vegas knows that the Chiefs defense is legit, and the Bills, despite losing multiple key members throughout the season, Tredavious way A corner, Matt Mulano, they're they're basically their leader on defense, linebacker, like you said, their lights out, especially their secondary. So whether factored in Taylor Swift factored in, how she factors in, but she's always a factor. Yeah, it's not going to be the shootout that people again really have come to expect when these two teams meet up. But wrong, you never know.
Speaker 1: I think the Bills are so Bills are gonna rock them. I think this they're gonna get out years of pent up frustration. I think this is the you know, this is their big chance to get some closure on the collapse of of two years ago with h with the unbelievable finish that they that they had to endure.
Speaker 3: That was two years ago, right, yeah, yeah, it was two years ago.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's just supertime. Yeah it is double overtime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think that's right. I think that's right. Yeah. So there that's uh. Any other thoughts on that game.
Speaker 4: No, I'm with you. I think the Bills roll them. Honestly think the Chiefs are my my least favorite underdog to win this weekend. I like the Texans, the Bucks, and the Packers chances even more than the Chiefs this week, which is crazy because they're the defending Super Bowl champions. But yeah, finally playing on the road.
Speaker 3: And they've played it.
Speaker 1: They've been so inconsistent with their play and just last week Miami for can mailed it in.
Speaker 3: No interest in winning.
Speaker 1: That was a primrose path game for them in.
Speaker 3: The arctic conditions.
Speaker 1: And I don't I just don't think it's I don't think it's coming again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you don't watch Hard Knocks. I think you still should go back and watch because this in season one was overall one of the best seasons I think. Okay, but went back and watched the last one, which focuses around this game, which is awesome. Just the behind the scenes of them prepping for the cold. Yeah, but of course they show them prepping all week and Hindsight's twenty twenty. But just watching it, you could just sense they knew they were gonna get their ass kicks.
Speaker 3: Didn't seem that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like they're trying to hype themselves up and you know, give me each other. It is like, you know it, you know you're not gonna win this game. It seemed that way, no chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: The exciting about uh yeah, I was gonna take a moment to a lament Sports Illustrated. Yeah, we shaid shutting its doors. Have you heard? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did some friends in the industry that were, you know, they still had a fairly bare bones fantasy operation going at Sports Illustrated. That looks like it's probably done. Some of our friends in the industry maybe looking for work. They've you know, they had a show on sirius. I mean, you know, that's there's it's really sad. I mean, you know, you and I've got several years between us, But when I was growing up, and I'm sure for at least some of your childhood, same man. You like, the cover of Sports Illustrated was a signature thing. That was huge, that was a that was a big, big deal, and they were a bastion of journalistic integrity. Then they never they never got into a What killed them, terrible decisions that killed them in the two thousand range was never really going online, never really putting a meaningful effort into their online destination, and then secondarily ignoring fantasy. Sports Illustrated in the late nineties early aughts, if they had wanted to own fantasy, they could have owned fantasy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember at one point they started putting maybe like a page dedicated to it. But yeah, they should have had basically the whole magazine every week almost that. I think someone thought of something like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Unfortunately, ye, sorry, somebody, Fortunately, some other some other people decided to take the void in fantasy content when Sports Illustrated wasn't wasn't going to dabble in something so dubious.
Speaker 4: Yeah I was. I was a subscriber for for many years. I have the phone, oh yeah, football phone. And I was at the age when I don't know how long it was around, but when Sports Illustrated for Kids started, that was right in my wheelhouse. That was a great, a great magazine and it bothers me to this day. So every Sports Illustrated for Kids magazine would have nine cards in it, yeah sports card, and it would be like a sheet you could rip out and then you know, they were all perforated, so you could peel each card out to make an individual card. I would just peel out the sheet and just put them like in a stack. I did this for two or three years because I wasn't into Sports Illustrated for Kids for too long. But I know I did it in this era now where I'm seeing these cards individually being sold for thousands of dollars. Like there's Tiger Woods and like a Serena Williams. I don't think I would have the Serena Williams one, or maybe not even the Tiger Woods. I was probably too old for that. But like there's a Jordan one that I know I would have had, and I talked to some people in the industry. I'm like, well, if I had the sheet that, like, you know, if it was in the sheet and not just the card, They're like, you had that, Yeah, Like you don't want to know how much that is worth something. Yeah, anyway, pour one out for Sports Illustrated. My grandpa used to actually renew my subscription every year my birthday.
Speaker 3: That's a great gift.
Speaker 1: I love the magazine subscription as a gift because every time the magazine shows up, you're you're getting you're giving and getting a new gift, which I like, you know, whether it's every week or every month or whatever. And now heck, it's uh, it's almost downright quaint to give the gift of the printed word.
Speaker 4: Yeah, admittedly, I mean this this ended a couple of years ago as my grandpa did pass but the last few years I didn't even really open them.
Speaker 3: That's sad.
Speaker 4: I still did open the swimsuit issue though, you.
Speaker 3: Know, so I did.
Speaker 1: Uh back a month ago when s I got embroiled into a controversy because they were using a I authors and faking it and not telling people they were and they.
Speaker 3: Were looked like they were real people.
Speaker 1: They had they had they had created bios for the AI and it was it was super sleazy, honestly, And so we were talking about a little bit it and I was talking to listeners about it. It was all swimsuit issue. Everybody's like, they all love the swimshe I'm like, you know, what are your favorite memories of sports.
Speaker 3: Illustrated swimsuit issue? Swimsuit issue? Remember this? You know it's this woman, this woman, this one.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's what it got reduced to. I guess who's.
Speaker 4: Your your all time swimsuit issue cover girl?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't even name one. It's just not my thing.
Speaker 4: Really, yeh.
Speaker 3: Was Kathy Ireland on it one year?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Kathy Ireland, she was in all that. That might have been That was probably my that might have been my number one month answer Kathy Ireland. I mean Sidney c Sidey Crawford was on the swimsuit issue, wasn't she. I don't know, I don't know. I'm Bland. But like Ti Pirate Banks, I can like I can picture them. All the names are all envisioning, they're all they're all going away. But Kathy Ireland that would be my one O one. I used to have to rush home on swim set.
Speaker 3: I don't know, just stopp now to do. I don't need to know.
Speaker 4: I had to beat my mom to it because she would. My mom would get issue and she'd like rip out the pictures that were.
Speaker 3: Not good for her. That's actual parenting.
Speaker 4: I like it. Screw that. I didn't want my swim set issue sensor just back then.
Speaker 3: I bet you did.
Speaker 4: I had to race home to get those good stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks for listening to those that had just put up with five minutes of insanity at the end here. But we appreciate you listening to Fantasy Football Weekly. We'll be breaking down two games next week.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Who are they going to be? Who are they going to be? What are your official predictions?
Speaker 1: Niners, Niners, Lions, Bill's Texans. I'm gonna go with my heart all year. I've been on Houston. I'm not giving up now.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of on the same path. I'm picking an upset both sides. I'm going Packers to shock the world. Packers, Lions, then the Ravens, Bills. My upsett is the pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah and click, I think you outlined it beautifully. Packers offense has been great, it's the defense. I just think that secondary has been so under attacked. And I just I can't see Kyle Shanahan not pounding Keyshawn Nixon and Valentine Alexander. And not only that, but they need the right version of Alexander. They need the good version to show up, which is always hit and miss.
Speaker 4: I know, I know it's a long shot. They're nine and a half point underdogs at Green Bay, But.
Speaker 3: Isn't he nine and a half under as well? I think so?
Speaker 4: Is that that probably I wouldn't be shocked that's in that ballpark? I think.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see, we'll see how which ones we get right here, we'll find out. Look forward to talk to you next week, everybody.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.