Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas with my love Lauren Zima. We are home. We were gone this weekend, as many saw on social media, a lot of Bachelor Nation, a lot of our Bachelor family were gone this weekend. We were all in La La Land for a big wedding of a very good friend of ours. I think we confuse some people, first of all, on the whole wedding thing of who it was, because a lot of people saw our pictures, like, I don't know the bearded guy, who are those people dancing? And so let me just clear that up. To start, Alan Gail and Molly Quinn is who got married. So Alan, who Alan is to me was a young producer who I met on The Bachelor many many years ago, and I watched this young man come through the ranks as a producer, a segment producer, and on up to executive producer. Unbelievably talented. He was there, I think the better part of a decade. Alan was there, and he was really there during the magic years of Ben Higgins and Ari and Jojo and all those years Emily made it all those years that you really loved and when The Bachelor was just crushing it. Milan was a big part of that, and so he was getting married to Mollie. And Mollie you might know as a great actress.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think she was on the show Castle as a younger, a child star, honestly, and then she's gone on to do She did a horror movie last year. Her and Alan make movies together and do a bunch of producing together. I knew Alan as a reporter even before I really knew you because when I first started covering the show, which was twenty fifteen, Ben Higgins. This season was my first season covering the show for Entertainment Tonight, Alan was known as like.
Speaker 4: The producer of The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: I think he was the only one who sort of had a bit of a celebrity of his own as a producer. Like he I think he went viral for do you remember this for like tweeting a breakup which I can't remember if.
Speaker 1: The break up was real, he was fake. He did a fake tweet on a plane.
Speaker 3: Yes, and those tweets went viral because he kind of like invented live tweeting a personal encounter to social media.
Speaker 4: I'll give him credit for that, even though he paid.
Speaker 1: It really did he It was he was ahead of his time on social media. He's a really he's really brilliant as a producer but also as a writer. And he's and I say this with all love, he's weird. I think he embrace he's a weird dude. And so he was doing a lot of this stuff and that, honestly is what got him fired from The Bachelor is he was too popular and too good. And I can't tell you that drove the creator of the show nuts. He hated a lawn. A lawn was so popular and everybody knew a lawn, and the creator of the Bachelor, it was so it was so sad to watch. He wanted followers. He would make all of us post stuff to get him followers on social media. He was so mad that I got social media followers that Alawn got so it was really hysterical. So when all that happened, that just drove him crazy. And that's it what got him fired is a lawn just got too popular. They started a rule because of a lawn that people weren't allowed to post on social media.
Speaker 3: Isn't that great when your boss is upset about your success. Yes, exactly, which you're getting because you're doing a good job.
Speaker 1: Our show was just the best part is we had this and everybody was there this week and it was awesome. Bennett Grabner who was still with the show, Pete's Scaltar, and Elon Gale. It was a three headed monster at the time, and there were other talented people on the show. I don't mean it was just those three, but at the time, really a lawn. Pete and Bennett were this three headed monster that did a fighter of producers that did a great job because they all kind of gave us a little something different. And systematically there was so much jealousy from above that two of those three people got fired, and then others were being fired. The more people were talented and the better the show was doing, the more jealousy there was, and the more they got fired until there was no talent left. It was really bizarre.
Speaker 3: The uh, it's like eating itself like you're not This is not a good way to grow a company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, narcissism is a wonderful thing to watch an action.
Speaker 3: Well, what was great was the reunion of this group of people this weekend because you know, I think, yeah, you and I have talked about this a lot. I am in the place now where I just think like a lot of good and a lot of bad came out of all the Bachelor stuff, and I think it's hard for a thing to be perfect. And when a thing is that successful, there's obviously and successful via drama. There's going to be drama behind the scenes too. But this weekend it was really great to see everybody. There were Okay, Bachelor wise, we had Ben Higgins and Jess Clark, who is just, oh my gosh. Jess has never looked more beautiful.
Speaker 1: You don't have cliche about glowing when you're pregnant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she it's suiting her so well. She was just like.
Speaker 3: Lively and gorgeous and it was so good to see her and you know, her inventor, just the kindest of people.
Speaker 4: We love them so much.
Speaker 3: And Raven and Adam. That was a funny story which I will reveal on here. Raven got her dates mixed up on when the wedding was. I texted her Friday and said, can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: She said, for what?
Speaker 3: And she and Adam love Elan so much that they booked a flight the next day and got their butts down to the wedding. Dear sweet Raven, who is busy with two kids at home at put the wedding as a date in twenty twenty five in her calendar. She was had RSVP and was ready to appear, but thought it was next year. My phone call with Raven was amazing because I called her, I'm like, what do you mean for what? And she's like in her everything's better in her southern accent, Lauren, Oh my god, I got two kids at my head up my butt. I thought it was next year. Adam is so mad at me. But they came and it was awesome to see them. Who else am I missing?
Speaker 1: It was a ball or move and people, Well, two people that weren't there asked about Wells and Sarah. Sarah's on Broadway right now, so they were in New York. Sadly they had to miss.
Speaker 4: Ashley and Jared.
Speaker 1: Jared, they've had a baby since you've.
Speaker 3: Seen that, I mean, I know they've two kids for them now as well. They revealed that they conceived our baby right around our wedding.
Speaker 1: I thought it was I thought she was going to say at our wedding, and I was like, oh, that's great name the baby Austin.
Speaker 3: It was after us, well, it was in my mind, it was there. She was like, it was like a week later. I'm like, well, maybe it was at the wedding a week earlier.
Speaker 1: Grocery store Joe was there and Serena, Yes, they look they look so happy.
Speaker 3: I know, they're like so positive and such a lovely, gorgeous couple Ari Ari and Lauren and another just good looking pair. There's so many beautiful people at these weddings.
Speaker 1: They should have been on television.
Speaker 3: And so happy to see them, and I want them to have more babies.
Speaker 1: There were some people behind the scenes too. Bennett Gradner was there, who was who is still an executive producer on the show and I still keep in touch with. And Nicole Woods was there, Michael Shay, who is the director farm producer and she's left the show. Peter Geist, who was another one who was let go from the show, who was incredibly talented. Basically anybody talented was there, and they've all been let go from the show over the years, except for Bennett, who still somehow has survived. God bless his soul, and Michael Shay, who was the director of all the Great Bachelor in Paradise years and is a phenomenal director on the show. And so it was fun to for me, it was fun to walk back into that world and with a bunch of friends, people I love, people I miss because, as you just said, Lauren's right, not everything's perfect, and yes, thing's in for a reason. And I think everybody knows how dramatic my ending was, and everybody leaves in their own particular way, but it can't diminish the good. And I think that happens a lot in life when we leave situations and you let it taint the whole thing, you let it tarnish the whole thing. For me, I told before we went, I had maybe an ounce of trepidation, but I was I was really excited to see everybody. A lot of people had reached out about being excited to see U. JP Rosenbaum was there.
Speaker 4: We were trying to set them up with somebody.
Speaker 1: I was trying to set them up with somebody.
Speaker 3: No, no potentials there, but you know JP is single and ready to mingle.
Speaker 1: There was one potential there. Oh yeah, she's on the opposite coast, and so I don't think it's I don't think it would behoove us to make that work.
Speaker 3: Also, former producer Cassie Lambert, Yes, who you were. I was excited to meet a couple of these people because you told me great stories about Pete and Cassie and I never met them, and they are so fun and such a blast, and you know, I actually think but like, I appreciate you saying you had a little trepidation because there were a couple of people you hadn't seen since leaving the show, like between the pandemic and us moving to Texas. And I know a few of those in their producers, and a few of them you'd like, I think one you'd had a phone call with, and one you had not.
Speaker 4: You had not spoken to since all this happened.
Speaker 1: Because some of you know, some of the producers. Look at the time when I left, a lot of those producers were still there and they had been family to me for a long time. But they also had to pick sides, and so I didn't begrudge them that I wasn't mad. I mean, you would love for people to stand up and say, you know, this isn't working. This isn't right. You know, we believe in Chris. We love you, and I knew they loved me. But I also knew that they had a job to do, and they have families, and they had lives and mortgages to pay. And I also went through a moment this weekend where I realized I hadn't done that for somebody on the show, a producer who I talked to about that this weekend. It was kind of a cathartic weekend. And so while you hope for certain things, you can't let that cloud your judgment of people when they had to make a choice, and they were forced to make a choice. And it's something that I actually really leaned into this weekend and learned because you and I talked through a certain issue when you don't hold the power in a situation, when when power is leveraged against you, you really are forced to do certain things. And I know a lot of these people were forced to do certain things at the time, and so I never begrudge them that and I hold no ill will. And when I saw them this weekend there, let's just say this, there were some extra long hugs with three or four people that I hadn't seen since I left the show, mostly off camera, behind the scenes producers, where we all just held each other a little tighter than normal and hugged about three or four seconds longer, where we just wanted each other to know, Hey, I still love you, I still respect you, and I'm so happy to see you. And that made my heart feel really good.
Speaker 4: See you walked away feeling good.
Speaker 1: I felt great. Yeah, yeah, I felt so good about coming home. I was on a high. And obviously the cast members I've always had a great relationship with, obviously Ben and Joe and Serena since I've met her through Joe. I didn't get to know her on the show, but I've met her through grocery store Joe, who I still call grocery store Joe. But Ari and Lauren and you name it. It was fun to just see all the people. So let's talk about the wedding. There wasn't a lot of drama. I hate to say this. I would love to come with some crazy juice today that there was an amazing drama. But again, what I found was much like our wedding, which was a year ago. We're coming up on a year. It was just wonderful when all these people, a lot of these cast members and producers got together. We were all just really excited to see each other in Well, I'll.
Speaker 3: Be honest, I think there are a few things under the surface, but you don't bring that up at somebody's wedding. I think that's the bit, the more truthful reality, Like there wasn't drama because you don't choose to make drama someone's wedding. Like I think there were a few. I mean I even heard a few people be like like, there are a few people like, oh, I'm a little tense to see this person or that person, and like you just said, you had a little trepidation. Maybe not drama, but I mean I found out later about our wedding, Like, for example, Jess Clark and I were talking a little bit so at our wedding. I didn't know at the time, and I'm glad people like hit it from us because we were just enjoying the wedding. It's the polite thing to do, if you guys, if you're bringing drama into a situation, leave it at the door at someone's wedding, right, But I found out later there was like chatter happening when we had all the Bachelor of people at our house on Friday before our wedding on Saturday, about Caitlyn and Tasha and like between Caitlyn and Tasha, because Caitlyn and Tasha were both there and at the time it was like Caitlin is seeing Zach and Tasha was obviously tense about that.
Speaker 4: And what.
Speaker 3: I sort of realized this weekend was Caitlin just revealed in the press that she had this phone call with Tasha, right.
Speaker 4: I think she revealed that on her podcast.
Speaker 3: That phone call where Caitlin was like, I'm dating Zach was apparently just a couple days before our wedding.
Speaker 1: Yes, he had no idea.
Speaker 4: So the drama.
Speaker 3: I knew there was tension at the wedding, but I didn't know just how fresh it all was.
Speaker 1: Two days before our wedding they had that phone call.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think Caitlyn and Tasha were both invited to this wedding this weekend and neither showed up.
Speaker 4: And I do not know why.
Speaker 3: I have no idea why, but I was wondering how that would be and if stuff would get worked out or not, Like sometimes the wedding can be a great moment for a conversation to be had. You know, if there is drama, make sure it's positive at the wedding.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they didn't show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was I was going to say, that's the only thing that may have helped, honestly, because I guess, well, I was wondering how it would be very publicly. That drama has continued on and there's been more and I guess look, at first there was the rumors that Caitlyn had dated Zach, Tasha's old fiance. Now that's just public knowledge, and Caitlyn has confirmed it herself, as only Caitlin would about the picture that she would release, But.
Speaker 4: She I had a picture.
Speaker 1: She I think she made like a She made kind of a crude joke that didn't go over well that she should have just sent a picture of her pleasuring.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, it.
Speaker 1: Was a joke and it didn't go over well.
Speaker 4: We need to have Kaitlin on, I know.
Speaker 1: We should, we should and reached out. Tasha reached out and texted before the wedding, was like, hey, I'm sorry, I'm not going to be there. I miss you. I didn't put two and two together at the time, so I didn't ask why. I didn't say, is it because you just don't want this interaction to happen? And I get Look, if you haven't, if you really are at war with somebody, it's not great to show up at the same wedding. But I wish they would have been there. I need to bring these two back together. That's that's my new goal. I'm going to bring Tasia Caitlin back together.
Speaker 4: Do you think that's possible?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think I think we can.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they were were they I guess they were friends before.
Speaker 1: I think they were friendly. You know, I don't know what happened when I left and they were brought in and how they were pitted against each other. I know they were very much used in that situation. I also know how the Bachelor world works, so I know that they were probably also produced against each other, pitted against each other, which is quite silly, but that's just how that world works behind the scenes. And then when they were after they were done being used and they were ceremoniously fired by the show, I'm sure that created even more animosity of whose fault it was and all of that, And they're both being told different things, So I get how some of that was built up. Then obviously the Zach of it all and dating her ex fiance took it to an entirely new level. So I think it was a fractured relationship that then was blown up because of the Zach thing. And then obviously things did not come together this weekend at the wedding, but Alan invited them both and so it was a great wedding and I'm glad there are these moments that still bring it together. And when we posted some of the pictures, one of the kind of themes I saw and a lot of the responses was this is when I love the show most these are the OG's. And the funny thing is not even the ogs. I mean, that's not Andrew Firestone, Bob Guinny, Trista Wrenn. But to a lot of people who kind of grew up on the show started in high school or college, that that that was the OG.
Speaker 3: I think they say OG because they mean it was like a really good era too, like that time of like Ben and I mean that's when I started covering the show, and that was a good time of the Ben and.
Speaker 4: Caitlin, and like I'm Ashley, I and Jared and like that Raven.
Speaker 2: That was a good era, you know what. Okay, so let's put that I covered the show in a good time. Let's put this in Taylor Swift parlance. Let's go I would say there's the Trista era. Yeah, and that would encompass Bob Ginny Andrew Firestone the beginning of the show, and then we had kind of Apex Mountain, the Trista era. The next era, gosh, you know that was what JP would have probably been a part of. And I'm not sure who would be that.
Speaker 4: Like Jason and Molly, JP and Ashley are they in the same era?
Speaker 1: The Mesnik era Okay, the mezzenoak Air, the messene era, yeah, because he pulled the full Mesnick crying in New Zealand. That was so famous. Okay, So you would go from Trista to the Mesnick era. Then I would almost go back to a Bachelor. It's almost the the Jojo Ben Higgins era. Well, let's give him two in that Mount Rushmore, that era, the Ben Higgins Jojo.
Speaker 4: Sean though where Sean low Right is Sean? Like is that's like him and Emily Maynard And like there's like some.
Speaker 1: Good and all that. Yeah, maybe we've got to throw an era in there.
Speaker 4: Well, this dealer shift as many albums, the Bachelors.
Speaker 1: The Shan Loow era, and then I think that gave way to the Jojo Ben era. And then let's see who would have been the last great era.
Speaker 4: I think that was.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that like finished, no, you know what the last the last one was like Colton Peter Hannah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're right, that was it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it kind of I think I'm going.
Speaker 1: To give that nod to Coulton Hannah, the Calton Hannah era. The jump the fence. He just efing jumped the fence to Hannah, which it was hard to beat. Hannah moving the podium in the middle of a roserver. Sure, okay, have we not done that yet? The Taylor Swift eras tour.
Speaker 4: We need to come to the show names though.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll work on that. But a great wedding and our love to Alawn and Mollie. James Gunn. I guess we'd be remiss if we didn't mention James Gunn, who is the creator and director of Guardians at the Galaxy Movies. He's now in charge of the DC universe.
Speaker 3: Okay, he officiated their wedding. Sorry, I just took the words on your mouth. Did an excellent job, I really did. He introduced them, so he was the perfect person to officiate, and he was super funny and their vows were incredible. Just they've been together ten years, so they I think they even said this in their vows. They've been through been through it together and their love.
Speaker 4: Is so deep.
Speaker 3: And I was tearing up during the vows, which I just love when people write their own vows at a wedding. But I didn't realize is the Bachelor. How you all met James gun Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well no, I don't know how Alan met James gun but many years ago he became friends with James. I'm not sure you know how Alawn and his weird world connected with him, but he did. And then he brought James on the show. We did those after Paradise shows when we'd bring celebrities on and they would talk about the show that we just watched, and James Gunn was nice enough to come on the show. And that's where I met James and befriended him. And it was good to see him after because I haven't seen him in a while, and it was great. He came up to me and I said, first of all, I have priest envy because you know, I love hosting and officiating these events. But I said, you did a great job. I'm really happy. And he told the personal story because Alan and Molly actually met at a holiday party at James Gunn's house in his kitchen, so it was great to tell that story and they had that connection. And he walked up to me, gave me a hug, and he's like, dang, it's good to see you. He's like, man, you really got and I said, so did you, and he goes, you're right, and I said, you know the irony by the same company, and it's true. ABC Disney just both yes, because he.
Speaker 3: Got like I remember now he got fired for those for old tweets, yeah, taking off his movies.
Speaker 1: I think the only difference is he had people that stood behind him and he got right back on Chris Pratt in that whole.
Speaker 3: I think it took a couple of years, but he did. The eventually brought him back for Guardians. Yeah, and you're right, the cast supported him.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. But he was funny. It was a funny little give and take, and it was funny how people were really starstrking bestly Jared Habn big decent.
Speaker 4: Well, Jared's a movie guys.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, I don't think because I know, I look, when everything happened, people asked, like, wanted the cast to support you more.
Speaker 4: And I remember you saying, and we've said this.
Speaker 3: Before, that you knew anybody who did support you was going to get dreamed. I do think that when the cast spoke out for James Gunn, it didn't like happen right away. It was still I mean, it was such a tough time. It was I think years before he was brought back. But that's funny that you guys had that moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we go, we have to talk about something that took place yesterday, and I know, don't run.
Speaker 3: Away the Chimp Crazy finale in HBO the new episode of Industry on HBO.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do want you to mention the Chimp Crazy craze because everybody Joe Rogan's talking about that now here in Austin. You're obsessed with it. The finale was last night.
Speaker 3: It's only a four part docuseries. It's from the guy who did Tiger King, Eric Good is the director. I couldn't recommend it more because it's not just a docuseries about people who own exotic animals, chimpanzees especially. It's not just like, oh, this industry is messed up. There are criminal twists and turns here. I mean the guy who did Tiger King like he picks the right people. There are twists and turns in a way just like there were with Joe Exotic, where you're like, whoa which way is this going? And it is absolutely captivating. And the finale surprised me. Okay, the last few minutes of the finale, I'm like, on the one hand, you've got to be kidding me. On the other hand, this makes total sense. Wow.
Speaker 4: And it's a fascinating study in people as well.
Speaker 1: And what we've learned is, and I've not seen it, but what we've learned is anybody who owns or deals with exotic animals just run.
Speaker 4: Well, there's something really interesting.
Speaker 1: Anyone who owns a tiger, who owns a chimp, or owns some weird exotic animal just that's not normal. So just no buyer beware if you're getting involved with anyone we'll see these people like.
Speaker 3: Look, but there's the element of Okay, like a tiger, you're like, this is a wild animal, I don't know, it might attack you at some point. Same with a chimp, right, And I think what the question gets into is how much love is there? And with chimps it's even more interesting than tiger's because they're so human like. Right, So there's this people study and this isn't a spoiler alert.
Speaker 4: You'll see it throughout the show of especially women.
Speaker 3: They buy these chimps and they treat them like babies, like because with a chimp, you know, when they're little, you can put it in a dog, carry it around, and they really think the animals love them until they grow up. Right, And there's really and these women admit it on camera like that they need to be needed, and it's interesting some of them are like, well, my kids left the house and I still needed to be needed. And it's a fascinating study to me. I do think there's a whole episode, if not multiple, that we could do on the podcast about like, I don't know, we've seen it with a lot of moms we know, and I'm not like criticizing moms over this I'm saying. I think we need to acknowledge more like when kids leave the house, that's a retirement and that's a life change that we need to support women on more so.
Speaker 1: You don't get a chump. Well, okay, so my broadcast note would be the debut of Tom Brady. Oh he made his broadcast. Abuma.
Speaker 3: We do a good man's plain on this so that listeners can go and talk to their So Tom Brad husband's about it.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady the greatest quarterback of all time, the goat obviously has won more Super Bowls than anybody, et cetera. I think we all know who Tom Brady is. But he retired from football and there was a bidding frenzy. Fox Sports won the war at the tune of three hundred and fifty million dollars. That is tom Brady's so right there. I don't know, but so it's but there's not enough years left in his life to ever make that makes sense. But that was the first thing that people were up in arms about about him making three hundred and fifty million dollars, and people you know, were trolling him because it wasn't a great debut. But my point in all of this is I didn't expect him to have a good debut. There was no chance he was going to have a good debut because television is difficult. Tom Brady is the greatest of all time, first of all. The three hundred and fifty million, if that's what Fox chooses to pay him, that's on Fox. It's not on Tom Brady. If someone came to me and said, hey, Chris, we're going to give you nine hundred million dollars to mow your well lawn, great, Okay, I'm not worth that, but I'm going to take it. So let's put the money aside. Let's talk about the performance. Tom Brady has never done anything in his life to prepare for being on television. And he's a great quarterback, and his knowledge of being the greatest quarterback of all time is definitely helpful in this situation. And he's been interviewed, but being able to be interviewed and just talk in a monotone voice and recount what you did today and someone is going to edit that to the most important parts and there's no stress, you can't mess up. That doesn't equate to being good on television. And I see this a lot in reality TV where people are like, oh, I'm going to be a host. I'm on TV and I'm good on TV, so therefore I'm going to be a good host. Those two things don't equate.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't realize the producers made them good and then the editors made them good and it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Just all that right exactly. A lot goes into making you look good on TV as opposed to you actually being good on TV, adding color to a situation, or hosting a show, oh, et cetera. No one just walks into a room and says, great, I'm going to pick up a microphone for the first time, and I'm going to look like myself, sound like myself, be natural. And it's what you do in those situations is you act. You overthink. It's as if I was going to be quarterback and I would go in, I would pretend I'm Tom Brady. I would look at the other players on the other side of the field, and it would it would feel to me like things are going one thousand miles an hour. I would try to think about how I'm gonna throw, how I'm gonna move, what's going on. Tom Brady doesn't think when he's on the field, he just sees something and it's second nature. It's like that for me on television now, because I've been doing it for the better far part of four decades. Is I do things second nature that I don't think about. How to turn into a camera, my cadence, the way I speak, the way I look, how I can help someone i'm interviewing look better, how I can position them to look better on camera, the lighting of just everything that I don't even think about anymore. I've just done it a million times, just like Tom Brady has on the field. He was asked to do that on camera for the first time yesterday. Everybody has a starting point, everybody has a Day one. That was day one for Tom Brady. He was nervous, he was clumsy, he fumbled the ball, he didn't have his timing down. He was apprehensive, he was quiet, He never got excited when he needed to. When he was on camera, he didn't quite know where to look, and there was a nervous feel to it all. So he will get there, and I'm not worried about that. He actually got better from the first half to the second half. His partner is Kevin Burkhardt, who does play by play. Kevin didn't exactly help them a lot yesterday, and Kevin's a professional, but eventually they will find their rhythm, just like Tony Romo and Jim Nance did when they started together. Tony Romo was jumping all over Jim Nance because Tony was excited and he was picking out the plays before they ever happened. Turns out that was awesome, and Jim Nantz was such a pro he figured out how to work around that. Tom Brady and his partner have not figured out that dance yet and if I was working with him, and I would love to work with you, Tom, he just needs to learn where to assert himself, where to insert himself. What we want to see from Tom Brady as you are the goat, what are you seeing in this play? What are you feeling? You've done this a million times? Give us that insight. What he was doing yesterday was just reactionary. It's what he's seen on TV a million times. It was something I could do where I saw the play and I would just tell you what just happened. There wasn't a whole lot more of depth. I want to hear that depth from you. Tom, I want to see that. When do you get excited, when do you get nervous? What would you be feeling? Tell me that before we see it. You know, if six guys walk up to the line of scrimmage and he's about to get blitz, tell me that you know those things unlike anybody else, so he'll find that rhythm. It wasn't there in day one. You know, I'd give him a C plus B minus, but I give him grace. None of us were great Day one. Lauren was not great Day one of Entertainment Tonight, I wasn't Day one of the Bachelor. Ryan Seacrest wasn't Day one of American Idol. We all had to work at our craft and find our rhythm. Is that fair?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: We won't talk about how Tom Brady looked.
Speaker 4: Oh I just.
Speaker 3: Thought his shirt was ill fitting. I thought Gazelle would have helped him dress better. One sports story has reached my ears shockingly. It's to do with Taylor and Travis. But really this is more Taylor. So as you informed me, NFL has started again, and I guess at first Taylor wasn't in the same suite as Brittany Mahomes Patrick's wife.
Speaker 1: Yes, at quarterback for the Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Chiefs, So I guess usually they're in the same suite and at the season or she wasn't in the same suite, So people were critiquing her and inferring that she was now no longer friends with Brittany because Brittany has been seen liking some Trump content on Instagram and Taylor in the past has critique Donald Trump and endorsed other candidates. So first people are critiquing Taylor, like, well, why are you separating yourself from her? It shouldn't be about politics. Then they were seen together in the same suite at the US Open, and then it became from other people, well, Taylor, know, how dare you be friends with her when she likes Trump's song? So you just can't win. But I would like for all of us to win. And by that I just mean we really gotta look. I know like you, and I don't like to get deeply into politics because I just think there are a lot of sources people can go to. Although, by the way, I don't know, let us know, would you like? The first presidential debate is tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: The election is coming.
Speaker 1: Because first of all, we do get deep into politics, Lauren and I talk about because it is a show, and it's a lot about show business and a lot of the things, a lot of the things from our life apply to it. We find it very interesting to debate and talk about this stuff ourselves. So yeah, if you guys want us to get into politics, let us know, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: And also, you know there's an election coming up, So yes, I think we're all thinking about the election.
Speaker 4: We all should be.
Speaker 3: It's a topic, and that's exactly my point. We should all be able to talk about it. Now, I get it. I agree with everyone like or I agree with a lot of people in that I think celebrities have gotten too much.
Speaker 4: Here's who I'm endorsing, Here's who you should vote for.
Speaker 3: Heres and I it's like people think about who you're going to for your information versus your commentary versus your discussion. But I also think we all have to be able to discuss without hatred and isolation. Like, no, she shouldn't have Like it would not have been a good thing if because her friend feels politically different from her, they're no longer friends.
Speaker 4: That is the divisiveness that is the problem.
Speaker 3: No matter how you feel we all got to be able to hang out with each other and think and feel differently than each other and still talk to each other. And I think we've gotten to this place where it's like, well, no, your views are morally wrong, so I have to no longer be friends with you, and we really have to pull back on that.
Speaker 1: Bill Maher did a great take and a good rant the other day about just this, because our FK dropped out of the race for the most part and has backed Trump. Whatever you think about that, totally up to you. His rant was about Cheryl Hines, rfk's wife, who is an actress. She's on Curby. Your enthusiasm was very good friends when you're friendly with Cheryl, Yeah, and I know Shore we played poker together several times. Wonderful and a great actress. And the rant was about people coming after Cheryl Hines, and one of them was Bradley Whitford, who was very publicly just tore her apart on Twitter break after from Yeah West Wing. Yeah, real brave Bradley to come after her via Twitter. But despite that, just that it was a great, great scenario of exactly what you're talking about, people destroying Cheryl Hines. Because she stood kind of quietly beside her husband as he ran for president and has made his own political decisions, and it's like, why are we destroying this woman? Why are you coming after his wife? That's the level we've stooped to. And even as Bill Maher said, and if Bill Maher is the voice of reason, guys, this is this is where we've gotten well.
Speaker 3: And I think people get caught up in like who started this vibe of rhetoric, Like they go back.
Speaker 4: To, well, you said this, and it's like, ultimately, we just.
Speaker 3: All have to we have to pull it back, but we have to just be like I've seen a few.
Speaker 4: I think his name is Tom Cotton.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, this is my political senator, Tom Cotton.
Speaker 3: He's whatever your views are, he speaks in a calm like just from what I've seen, fact informed way where he just is like, listen, this is why I disagree with you. I've seen a few other politicians who are like that. Vivag is like that, like you, we just need to get back to like the days when Obama and Romney were debating and they shook hands beforehand and then they went on with the debate and it came from place of.
Speaker 1: Respect and then shook hands after the debate.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, that's what I would like to see. But I don't think we're going to get that in our debate. But if our.
Speaker 3: Leaders aren't going to do it, we as a people are I know friends who will say, like, I won't date someone based on their political party.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't think you can.
Speaker 3: I think it might be tough in a relationship to feel extremely different from your partner. But you and your partner can like feel a little bit differently on things. I don't think you should say no, I just won't it all date someone if they might be in a different political affiliation than you, and and we can all feel a little differently and talk about it.
Speaker 1: And as you said that, the big debate is this week. It's Tuesday, and I'll seed it.
Speaker 4: I'm seated.
Speaker 1: All of this may be for not? Is that what the kids are saying, I'm seated for it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought I thought you were asking me. Are the kids saying all for not? Yes, the kids are saying all for not.
Speaker 1: Well, the kids are saying, what have you guys done to our country?
Speaker 4: Let's try to get a better okay.
Speaker 1: And we have a big week this week, beyond the politics of it all is we are headed up to the Fort. We'll be in Fort Worth this weekend because guess what, lze more football. It's parents weekend and we will be at the TCU football game this weekend. Don't worry there, We'll be your couterie. There will be drinks.
Speaker 3: That's on the record. You're promising. Okay, I can't wait for parents Home Goods weekend.
Speaker 1: It's oh good. That is the Actually.
Speaker 3: That was earlier this summer when we were shopping and helping Josh with his apartment in Taylor with our new house. That was my parents' weekend was when I got to go to Home Goods with the kids.
Speaker 1: So if you're up in the Fort and you see LZ and I around this week, come say hello to us. But have a great week and we love talking to you. We will do it again next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.