Speaker 1: The Nick Akleiser Podcast, Nikkleaser, here's Nikki. Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's any Glizer Podcast. I hope you're having a great day. Thanks for tuning in. I am so excited to do the show because it's all my favorite people in one space joined uh through the internet with me as Brian Frangie new sidekick. Everyone's talking about it. People love him, people are excited.
Speaker 2: It's the greatest.
Speaker 3: Brian.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, I thought we're gonna go. Oh yeah. It's just so great to be talked about finally, and we talked about I don't care what it's for at just as long as I talked about people.
Speaker 1: If someone said that the moment they fell for you, it was like, oh it was it was a it was a humble moment. I guess the word humility is in the word hum I guess they're from the same route. But like you were being humble about you said something and you go, oh, you were like about you were on a rant and then.
Speaker 3: You go and I forgot where this is going.
Speaker 1: You were honest and I think most people would just try to like weasel out of it or but you just admitted that you lost your train of thought, and that was like.
Speaker 2: People like that is a honest person.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: I think it's a spectrum issue, but that was That's not up to me to decide, but that's I also have a spectrum issue with honesty as well of just like saying things now, just so you know. That's but Brian is here, and Noah is here from Arizona, and Anya is here in New York, and then in studio you've already heard his voice. He's breaking all the rules. It's Chris Convey my Lover.
Speaker 3: He doesn't care for that.
Speaker 1: Well, you sang to me the song Lover on my birthday. My birthday's coming up, by the way, so.
Speaker 3: Get ready, I keep aging.
Speaker 5: I know every learned that on piano.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so cute.
Speaker 5: He just is amazing that his little keyboard.
Speaker 2: Sorry it was little.
Speaker 3: It's not little.
Speaker 5: It's just masculine energy.
Speaker 3: I know here it's coming through. Uh No, he set up.
Speaker 1: He came over and with like a b the big a big keyboard. Everything looks big next to him and.
Speaker 3: Little guy. So it was his little keyboard. And then he he.
Speaker 6: Took piano lessons and learned Lover oh songs lessons, Chris, how many lessons?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I was taking lessons and then I was like, hey, I need to do this really adorable, sweet little thing for my light.
Speaker 1: Well he's acutie because even I one time, I'm sorry, if you don't want me to share that, don't share anything anytime.
Speaker 3: Well, this is adorable too.
Speaker 1: And this kind of shows our relationship when we were kind of just not solid. Yeah, like we weren't back together officially. We were kind of like open with talking about like other things, not other things, but past things.
Speaker 3: We always have been kind of but.
Speaker 1: There there was a time where we you and I didn't talk at all, Like we weren't dating at all.
Speaker 3: We weren't talking at all.
Speaker 1: And I was trying to like get I because my listeners know that I'm totally cool with hearing about past stuff.
Speaker 3: It almost like revs me up, you know.
Speaker 1: And but you were telling me that you took somebody lessons, no tango lessons, Yeah, because you were gonna maybe go meet this girl that it was like a long distance thing and she was into dancing and so he was going to show up and like and I.
Speaker 2: Go, oh, were you taking tango lessons?
Speaker 1: So you could do the tangaroo with a little Australian sweetie.
Speaker 3: And I was giving you so much shit, but I did think it was so cute.
Speaker 2: That's such a cute thing.
Speaker 3: And then another.
Speaker 2: Cute thing, the tango lessons. No, it was actually salsa lessons, okay for that, Yes, what I was gonna do with tango lessons was, oh, yeah, I remember that. I was gonna for Sara Lena, who I'm sure people have heard and is like a really really accomplished like tango dancer and instructor and all this stuff, and I was going to learn how to do tango, get really good at it and then be like, hey, can you just you teach me a few moves and and have her teach me just a few things and then bust out and then just be like awesome at all of them and be like, God, you're the best teacher. And then and then just that's a.
Speaker 1: Really good idea to do. It's like, so that's so much effort for a surprise, which like a funny joke.
Speaker 2: But those two, those two were my best friends, and it was like, well this, if this makes them laugh, this could go down in friendship history.
Speaker 5: Frankster, I'm learning. You like a good prank, but.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like.
Speaker 4: A positive an elaborate joke, like positive prank. You should start a show positive pranks.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like watching prank shows because they're mean and they're deceptive and people I don't like. I don't like crank anchors. When I did that show, it was the It was the most miserable I've ever been. Not because that show isn't amazing. It's my dad's favorite show. That's why I said yes to doing it. But thank god I had. I turned off my brain, I disassociated. I literally became a husk of a performer, and then I just read the screen in front of me what people just wanted me to say, because I can't deceive people that way.
Speaker 2: Well do you guys, You guys remember on the show where we met Brian, Well, where I met Brian. Yes, before that, remember the thing that probably broke.
Speaker 3: You, Oh my god, kinder tap out. Oh it was.
Speaker 1: I'm not in the shame of that sketch that I probably lost a couple of years of my life under the stress of pranking those guys. So what we did was we were trying to see through these guys I met on Tinder with hidden cameras set up in an apartment that was supposed to be mine.
Speaker 2: So it was Nikki's show called not Safe. It was on Comedy Central, and we had this idea that we would get a bunch of these guy to go on a date. They would pick Nikki up at her quote unquote house. We set up a bunch of hidden cameras and it was Nicky's. The name of the bit was Tinder tap Out, and it was how many things can Nicky get these guys to do before They're like all right, We're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah before?
Speaker 1: And so it's like change a light bulb. There was all this checklists. Change a light bulb, put together a couch. I can't have a Kia furniture a table, yeah, like Kia? Like table one was bring meat Bachelor. It's pretty much every relationship like how much can I get them to do for me before I give up the puss? And so, first of all, I had to go on dates with these guys, which is my is my number one nightmare when I'm a single person is meeting up with someone I met online.
Speaker 3: And that this is always when I ask people when they're dating.
Speaker 1: I go, how awkward is it when you show up for the first time and you have to be like, hey, like you don't know each other, you've only talked online. Like it's humiliating. That alone is humiliated to me when it's done sincerely. And so when I had to fake it and be like kind of into these guys because you also, when you're a woman, you don't know if these guys who are coming over to your house and they're bringing you food think they're gonna get laid, probably they're like fifty to fifty on it, probably more leaning towards like I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna get on like the first moment.
Speaker 3: So I had people.
Speaker 1: In the next room ready to like step in if they tried anything, but trying something with me is the first attempt of them leaning forward. Is already out of my comfort zone. By the time someone came in and goes stop to stop, I'm already assaulted in.
Speaker 3: My mind, Like the move.
Speaker 1: If someone would have put their hand on my hip, we would have stopped down and said, hey, this is a joke, don't touch her. But even that first thing to happen for that to then be intercepted or like it already would have been a violation.
Speaker 7: It was so you had like five guys, guys that I had to do this with, and no, when I had to do it all day long, it was so stressful because I hate lying to people and I also hate making guys waste their time.
Speaker 8: I hate dating, yet I do gang bangs.
Speaker 1: It's all at once. Would have been a different story. They all arrived at the same time. We would have had something, you know, going, But it was that's so funny audio it No, it was and she only knows that because she sees my act. This isn't something I'm talking about because Chris is.
Speaker 3: Probably like, what and he hasn't seen my gang Yet material yet.
Speaker 1: So I have a lot of Gang Bay material, but it's not you know, it's not something Chris is seen yet. So I don't want you to think I'm just talking about gang bang. It's like off stage, it's it's an act. But yeah, I was just and then well we couldn't. The best guy was refusing to give.
Speaker 2: He was the best guy. He was. He was great. And I bet I could I bet I could find that video.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't think I could even watch it. And I remember my grandma died that day too, remember that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it was a rough day day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was awful.
Speaker 2: It was that's what you get, and that's what you get for tricking men.
Speaker 3: My sister called me in the middle of it. Yeah, no kidding, Wow, karma.
Speaker 1: My sister called me in the middle of the shoot, and I was so wanting to get out of the scene that I just took the call and left the guy to like installing furniture and went in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Was like, tell me about Grandma.
Speaker 1: Like I was actually taking calls about Grandma that I probably wouldn't have taken because I.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to get out of the fucking scene. Maybe I love you. Thank you for saving me that day.
Speaker 9: Did you guys learn anything about like male behavior and dating from that? And also my second question is why did it not get included in the show?
Speaker 2: What I learned is it like we hated doing it? We don't. We don't, we don't have the temperament for it. Like it takes king, is not fun. It takes a special kind of person to do to do that and have no sort of like qualms about it. Yeah, but also the guys, like these guys were all sweet, yeah, and like they were kind and probably looking for girl.
Speaker 1: They were probably Brian frangies back in the day, like looking for a friend, looking for a partner. And then we we paid them back for the food they bought. We you know, offered to pay them for the.
Speaker 2: We paid them. Yeah, they got stuff out of it.
Speaker 8: But you know, it's like it's just it just wasn't It's not fun wasting someone's time, but it was nice that like they were I was.
Speaker 1: Going to fucking blow them. It's like, what a disappointment to think that you're going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a huge letdown. Like if you'd match with somebody even on Tinder and you're so excited, imagine if you're just like, oh my god, do.
Speaker 3: An actual date Brian?
Speaker 1: How many times as someone who we used to call bumble Brian because you were so much on the apps and you went on You said in one year, you went on like two hundred dates, like it was something insane, like every.
Speaker 4: Other day, fifty different women, multiple dates a week, sometimes multiple dates a night in my search for the one, and.
Speaker 2: You found the one.
Speaker 1: But before you found the one, I want to say, like, and I read this a lot on the dating advice upreddit, because it's just a fascinating subreddit where people are just sharing how hard it is out there. And I did this a lot on dating apps. When I was on there, I would get matched with someone and that would be enough for me. I don't want to meet them. It's the dopamine head of like I could if I wanted to, but I'm too scared to meet this person in person. I'm not really interested in getting to know this person, but I could if I wanted to. And then and I hear this happens a lot to guys and girls. You have a conversation and you never meet up and the person kind of goes out. How often is that happening with matches on there?
Speaker 2: Every week?
Speaker 4: It happens so often, and every single it didn't matter how many times it happened. Every single time it happened, it destroyed me. I was always so yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if you ended up on a prank show.
Speaker 4: Somebody matched with me, I could go on a date, and then it's a fucking prank show.
Speaker 1: You know what I learned through all of this, which you have to learn these lessons, is like, trust your gut and my gut was screaming, I don't like pranks.
Speaker 2: I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Even when I did Crank Anckers, I turned it down for the second time they asked me because I was like, it wasn't enjoyable my dad. I didn't get anything from it in terms of my dad got it one like, got to see me on Crankyaker's his favorite show.
Speaker 3: Done, I don't need to do it again.
Speaker 2: That is your dad's favorite show.
Speaker 3: One of his face.
Speaker 2: He just loves Frank. Okay, he loves Prank.
Speaker 3: Imagine, and it is a funny show.
Speaker 4: Imagine you go on a date and you show up and then Chris is there and he just starts tangoing really skillfully and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, gotcha positive Franks. With Chris and Frank, we wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Have been able to do it to women. It would have been too mean. And that's the double standard. I mean, the premise doesn't work with women because women aren't desperate to get fucked right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I don't think it was I don't think it was that deep of a thing that.
Speaker 4: We were doing.
Speaker 3: I know, but I don't think it would women.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't have well, actually, women are desperate to get married, though, so that we would have changed the dynamics of it to seem like this is a promising this guy will give you a relationship as.
Speaker 9: Oppose, so Chris thinks of that woman who was curious about whether it's okay to bake because she really likes baking.
Speaker 5: Bake hit this guy's favorite dessert, honestide.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yesterday I was reading from a Reddit thread and she was in dating advice, and this girl was asking, we went on a first date with this guy. I really like it and we got along so well, and he mentioned his favorite dessert and I really want to bake it for him for the second date and bring it.
Speaker 3: How would you feel about that?
Speaker 2: It all depends on how that first date went. If it was like some sort of a magical thing and that girl seemed totally cool and normal and then she did that, you'd be like, oh, that's cool. But if she seemed a little goofy, you might think this is weird. It would all depend on how that actual first date his. Because it sounds like a cool, sounds like a thoughtful I like it because I feel like it's thoughtful. So to me, it's like this seems thoughtful.
Speaker 1: But if she was, can I just say, though you watch Love Is Blind, Remember when Zach is deciding between Irene and the Russian sleep Yes, and then Russian having nothing to do with why she's sleepy or sneaky, but it's just another factor of her not racist or whatever that would be.
Speaker 2: And then, uh, I think we could openly criticize Russians right now, can't.
Speaker 5: We not know?
Speaker 3: There's one on the podcast?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but saying that they're all sneaky, Like I don't want to infer that Russians are all.
Speaker 2: Sneaky, right, I mean it's the same, it's the same sort of thing as like like Americans, when you know something bad is happening in the world, it's like it's not all of our fault. We didn't want that to happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a good point, so the Russian sleepy snake and then uh bliss Remember when she bakes him the cake for his birthday?
Speaker 2: Good move? Yes? Really to me, it was. But I thought it was insane of him. I thought he was insane for picking that one. Irena.
Speaker 3: Why he did I.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't think I think it's why he didn't Bliss was too easy. She wasn't gonna She wasn't a challenge people don't want. She wasn't a challenge. The other Bliss was ready to give him everything, save the cake for your cake is your pussy, save it, save it for marriage.
Speaker 2: It depends on him, like if he was a reasonable Like everybody knew that Bliss was the right person, Like there was so obvious that Bliss was.
Speaker 8: Like she was a right person better than Irena though well yeah, I mean, but between those two, you're like, oh, he isn't mature enough to see that.
Speaker 2: He isn't.
Speaker 4: Like, he wasn't ready for it. He wasn't ready to have a mature, loving relationship. He was not ready to accept love. And so he let that snake slither into his life and manipulate it.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 4: And she was never in it for love. You could tell from the she.
Speaker 3: Wanted a hot guy and she was so sad.
Speaker 2: She wanted a best friend that she could worship. I think I think she just wanted to win. She wanted She probably wouldn't have even been in.
Speaker 4: The Mexico trip, or further, if she wasn't in direct competition with another woman, because she wouldn't have tried hard enough to get it.
Speaker 2: I think you're at the competition aspect of all of these things really makes people do it, Yes, like irrational things, Anya, what did you think of that? Did you think the the well?
Speaker 9: I watched the reunion, Chris so I and I'm ration so I really feel like I know Arena a little better than you guys might know.
Speaker 5: I've they've they' breaked.
Speaker 9: Her over the coals over that reunion. It was like, you're a bad person, and we all wish the best for you, and we hope you grow.
Speaker 5: We all think.
Speaker 3: You're a terrible Pais.
Speaker 1: We got to get into the reunion because it was, you know, famously delayed because Netflix was having issues, and so it did air eventually and people could watch it like three in the morning or whatever. But Anya watched it. I did not care. I don't care about what happened. I just want to hear the highlights. So we're going to get to that after the break because Anya watched it, and she's gonna give us highlights and we're going to comment on what we thought because we all have watched it, right, Yeah, yeah, So let's do it.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk about Love.
Speaker 3: Is Blind and the reunion right after this.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back, Anya tell us the big takeaways from the Love is Blind reunion, because I have to say, if these shows do not give it to me straight up and they give me a week to forget about the characters, I don't care. I don't care about getting back in the Netflix. Give us a dump of Love is Blind, do not separate it by a week. I have to think their analytics support what I'm saying, and that they lose people every week.
Speaker 4: Imagine how many people they lost from the delay on the on the reunion, waiting three hours.
Speaker 1: I bet those people. I bet everyone that waited did watch it. Though I did not wait. I would never have just been waiting around for that stupid reunion.
Speaker 4: Well I did it.
Speaker 3: Gives a fly.
Speaker 4: I sat there at five pm like a dutiful fan, and I waited and waited, and I kept refreshing. I was a beautiful fan. And I even brought my headphones with me to go shoot hoops at the park, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm gonna in case it came on.
Speaker 4: In the case it came on, I kept refreshing, And the more times I refreshed, the angry or and angrier I got until it got to the point where the most frustrating thing was there are people on Twitter who are saying it's working for me now, and I'm refreshing, and it's not working for me. It's now all these people are getting the dirt and I'm sitting there in my best did.
Speaker 2: You want to see so badly clean?
Speaker 3: Talk about what you were dying.
Speaker 1: To see out of that reunion, because I you know it's later on. I just want to see if kwame and Chelsea are still together, because I thought that.
Speaker 3: Was going to implode immediately.
Speaker 1: And what we do know from our own personal interactions with Tim convey Chris's brother who is in Ludo, which is the band that Zach covered in that song. I know based on when that was brought to Tim. This was shot over a year ago. So these couples got married over a year ago. Are they still together? That's what I want to know about Kwamee and Chelsea the rest they all lasted. We know. I was blown away that Mike and Paul did not say yes both of them.
Speaker 2: Did they get back together? Is that a bomb that we're willing to drive a damn.
Speaker 9: Date after they broke up, so he said no to her at the altar. I thought her moved what the altar was genius to be like, I think you go first. Yeah, uh he was. I kind of loved Vanessa Lache's ants. She did not let him get away with something. He he was like passive aggressively shaming Micah and saying like, you know, I just didn't feel there were certain things in line, and Vanessa's like, you said she wasn't nurturing enough and wouldn't be a good mother.
Speaker 3: So we address that.
Speaker 5: And he was like, you know, I don't really, I just didn't think of it. It was just a thing.
Speaker 9: She's like, what quality did you need to see? And he's like, because it being Yeah, Michaeh was an only child and almost she and her mom almost died during childbirth, which she's like, you didn't see this on the show, but that's one of the most important things to me is to have a kid.
Speaker 5: And we talked about that extensively. So that hurt to.
Speaker 4: Hear that he's been I mean, that is a demonic thing to say to somebody. It's like he's like.
Speaker 3: He spent why do I disagree?
Speaker 4: He spent six weeks figuring out what would hurt her the most, and then he said it in the right after dumping her on the all. That's the first thing he said was she wouldn't be a good mother.
Speaker 3: Thing ca okay, he.
Speaker 9: Was Vanessa's like, your mom and Micah were kind of like doppelgangers, and he goes, well, they might have looked alike physically, but there are a lot of differences between them emotionally.
Speaker 5: And it was like a dig, like, my mom is a good mom and she wouldn't be.
Speaker 3: No, I don't hear that. I just hear Micah's not.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Paul is get this is you can villainize Paul you want for what he's saying. He's not giving you specifics because that would be meaner. So what we're what we're injecting in there is a bunch of stuff that he didn't even say because he's trying to be nice. He's trying to give an answer for why he said. We need to hear why he didn't she.
Speaker 9: Wasn't torturing and it's okay, so quality that emanates from someone I can't explain it.
Speaker 3: What would you get them to say? Do you want him to lie? What do you want him to say? Aside from what he.
Speaker 4: Felt, It's like he stumbled upon I don't think he maybe was malicious, but it's like he stumbled upon the meanest possible thing. He could say.
Speaker 9: I think what you want her to lie? And she's not like his mother and he wants a mommy. And he's too scared to say. She wouldn't make me lunch, she didn't ever cook for me, she didn't do my laundry. But he doesn't want to say that because it'll sound anti feminist or something, so he's like, it's just a vibe.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 4: They should have never been together. He should have Micah should have been with Kwame the whole time. I mean the way they.
Speaker 1: Swami as soon as Kwame and Chelsea get married, and then Chris and I are watching it, Kwame and Chelsea say yes, and then after that it's Mike and Paul and I go there's no way that Kwame is hearing the news of their breakup and going like, hey.
Speaker 3: Uh, can I can we go back to my wedding? And like, can I change my answer?
Speaker 1: Because he was in love with Micah, the way his face would light up as soon as she would walk in the room, the way he would put his hand on his chin and just have this little boyish grin when he looked at her.
Speaker 3: Was so her.
Speaker 1: If I were Chelsea watching that footage back, I mean she saw it all happen because they did it right in front of her, like a piece of scum.
Speaker 2: But then upon.
Speaker 1: Watching it again, I don't know how that couple is still standing after watching their little pool side chat where she kept like touching.
Speaker 3: His face disgusting.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm not I don't have any stake in this, but I don't. I don't fault Paul for thinking she wouldn't be a good mother. I don't and like and having that be a reason because if if let's say the opposite, let's say that we let's say Paul was just like I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it whatever, gave some bullshit answer. You'd be mad at him about that too, Paul, Why why did this happen? Like he was goaded for specifics he gave them. You don't know what the producers are doing on the other side of this. They're trying, They're make these people tired. They get them to say things and then you villainize them for telling the truth.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 9: I Think's point, which was like, I never heard about this at all until I watched the show, So I never was starting dating this person for a very long time, even after we broke up we got back together, never heard that he was concerned about something that was as streadful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, at least give me a heads up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least tell me I'm gonna be a bad mom like a couple.
Speaker 3: Before we get.
Speaker 4: To I just like, I like villainizing the characters on the reality show. That's like my number one thing is to hate on them after it's over.
Speaker 1: No, but I just think that they're all they this leads to them like wanting to kill themselves, and I'm like, it's just it's not good to pile on because I think it's we're all hypocrites. I think we all operate the same way, and we would under the same circumstances, Yet we sit on our little couches or golden thrones and say, I mean my.
Speaker 3: Couch is a golden throne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way, but we all I just think that people need to chill out with their judgment and I'm doing the same thing with I'm not judging Micah.
Speaker 3: I'm saying I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care whether she's a good mom or not. But Paul was just telling the truth and that's what we wanted from him, And now we're mad at him, and now we're saying, I am I would never think that thing about my partner. Yes you would, Yes you have. And definitely on a reality show where you're sleep deprived and you're being manipulated constantly, you would do the same thing.
Speaker 3: So I think we just.
Speaker 1: Need to look at all of this through that scope. But I have not seen the reunion, so maybe this would change my I.
Speaker 9: Just think it's particularly painful for women because that's like one of our.
Speaker 5: Not every woman wants to be a mom.
Speaker 9: But that just hits so deep, like and gonna know, but like a man who doesn't even experience motherhood, like he is not a mother and is never going to be a mother.
Speaker 5: But he's gonna tell me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but Chris, haven't you dated women that you go she would be a bad mom if she's.
Speaker 2: Would look at like if you had a kid, I would be like, Nikki is going to be a mom?
Speaker 1: No, there there are people that I've dated guys where I go.
Speaker 3: He's not he shouldn't be a dad.
Speaker 1: Like it's just a thing, and it doesn't mean you're I guess it that like.
Speaker 3: That I almost died and so that's my thing.
Speaker 2: Like I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if it's your thing or not, or if it hurts a lot. It's honest and it's true. And Paul is a little spectromy as well.
Speaker 6: I'm some evidence, like give one example, like all you do is get wasted with your.
Speaker 5: Friends and do crack like that, give an example.
Speaker 2: I think that's the thing that Paul had a problem with, and maybe he didn't want to say it was like when he could call her or when she's or with her friends, like they seemed great together, but that was pretty unbecoming when they would go out and she would get hammered like she was in college. Yes, and for a guy like Paul, like a man of science, it's like she's not metabolizing alcohol fast enough. Yes, but he that might not be his favorite thing, whereas another guy would be like this is my perfect girl, like girl, let's go out and park.
Speaker 1: I want to be clear, I am sad that she almost died during childbirth than her mom.
Speaker 3: I'm not making fun of that.
Speaker 1: We all have something in our past that we could go, but that's extra hurtful because of this thing that you didn't like. I don't really give a lot of leeway for that.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be a mom.
Speaker 4: When Paul said that now she will.
Speaker 3: Be with him, good, good for her.
Speaker 4: She got out of it. When Paul said that about her, he also threw up the shocker symbol with his hands. I think that was totally unnecessary.
Speaker 3: I mean, her drinking was the issue.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 9: I had someone I dated once tell me like I wasn't ambitious enough, and I was like, by whose standards? This?
Speaker 5: This guy was like a workaholic and and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I am he actually say those words to you.
Speaker 5: He was like, I'm not excited about things. What are you working on? Why are you not working on anything?
Speaker 9: And I was like, I just finished a web series, an album, I'm working on it, Like what do you want? And then I was just like I don't like this kind of person. I don't want to date someone that's judging me quietly or loudly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't want to stay with him.
Speaker 9: It's like I'm not up to your standards, your standards of what a good worker is or like a productive What did I miss that?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 3: I said you didn't want to stay with him? You know? Yeah, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, So I think it's just sort of like, who are you? Like she doesn't meet your standards of what a good mom is, but like you have some weird standard that you won't even elucidate for us.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I used a good word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a good word, and definitely Paul knows that word. I get it.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, I guess I just really didn't like Mike a stinky friend who I bet smells.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah like that. I did not like that girl. And I know it's less interesting to talk about things. No, I said.
Speaker 1: Exactly like he had bad breath. I can say that that girl looks like she stings. Her attitude stinks. She's a stick in the mudge. She looks like she's and I stink. Sometimes, no judgments. I wouldn't want to. I wouldn't want her borrowing my sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I thought that friend was like the worst. She's the worst person I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: She's beautiful, I would want to borrow her sweatshirts, but.
Speaker 2: I would need to want.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 2: And I'm a stinky person too.
Speaker 1: Don't come at me and don't send this to her, Please, God, don't send this to her and be of control.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying she's she was not nice.
Speaker 4: She smells like shit, and there's nothing she could do ship.
Speaker 1: She just smells like she doesn't There's just and I'm projecting I can be a stinky person too, Brian.
Speaker 2: Do you know who the football coach Tony Dungee is?
Speaker 4: Of course I do. He was the Cults football coach by number one favorite team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I have I have a friend who says that Tony Dungee looks like he's deaf.
Speaker 1: Wait, can you hold a picture, Noah, of Tony Dungee.
Speaker 4: Because we get he has a soft spoken, kind man and he brought the cold to the championship and wanted super Yeah, good for Tony.
Speaker 2: What do we think about this? Was the friend at the reunion?
Speaker 5: No, but they talked about her and they were like, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: And she's a fan favorite, isn't she? People are there's memes She's got me.
Speaker 1: They don't actually like her. No one actually wants her in their life. They don't like she's like, you know, I love New York.
Speaker 2: There is he does? That's not exactly Kingsley. Oh yeah, I know. It's more fun to hate on things, and I couldn't agree with it more. But I want to talk. I think his name is Brent. Is that his name Brett Brett? Brett Brett? That that Brett, like restored my faith in humanity and people. Tiffany was cool. She was a confident woman and didn't let a lot of things bother her.
Speaker 8: Sleepy sleepy, but like she she was really.
Speaker 2: Cool and confident in she was. He was like a rock solid man.
Speaker 1: And you know what, because they're thirty six and thirty seven, that's why can't netflix. Well, first of all, they weren't interesting.
Speaker 2: No, it was boring, So maybe they're doing it when Claire.
Speaker 1: When Claire Crawley, who was thirty nine and was a bachelorette, I think or maybe she was like thirty six or thirty seven, Chris was a bit I'm interested. They made her the oldest bachelorette. The season only lasted half the season because the guy got out of the card and she goes, that's my husband, and they're all just like, tone it down, lady, And she just knew because I'm lost of all.
Speaker 2: We all know.
Speaker 1: Based on personal relationships with people who have been on the Bachelor and Bachelorette, they know right away who they're gonna choose. They pretty much the first night they know it's down to like two guys or two girls. They know they have to pretend like it's oh no, for literally the entire season.
Speaker 2: I felt the same way.
Speaker 3: When Claire Claire Crawley.
Speaker 2: Got out of the limo, I was like, that's the one. Just really liked.
Speaker 3: Her, And I think she has this thing.
Speaker 9: My friend Nicole and and Diego has it, and only a couple of people I've ever met, but you know who else has it?
Speaker 5: Ali Wong on Beef. They have this thing.
Speaker 9: They have curved teeth and their teeth look shiny all the time, and it looks like some of them took vasoline and put them over their beautiful curved teeth.
Speaker 5: And she has lip gloss.
Speaker 1: She does have oh, lip gloss constantly, but you know this is the clear things Like she's just like constantly like tilting her head.
Speaker 3: I mean like like constantly do you like me more?
Speaker 2: When I go like, whoa, what's going? Wow?
Speaker 10: Like she.
Speaker 1: Was constantly just she's exuding sex.
Speaker 3: Chris, would you agree?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And we were.
Speaker 1: Talking about there are some women, there are some women that just have the I was even saying Micah, what is it about Micah that is so magnetic? On this show where we have Kwame and Paul tripping over themselves to propose to her through a wall, I'll tell you. But then she's fucking hot too, and when they saw her, they go.
Speaker 9: It's the headline of Kwame and Chelsea's story, which is brand new fake eyelashes. What do you mean Chelsea has new eyelash? Miss and I think fake eyelashes. If you're in any doubt about if you want to look hotter, let's talk. Let's for your for your wife's wedding, spray tan eyelashes. Those are the two things that are gonna up your hotness into two separate things. No, you don't spray tan your eyelash. Just yes, get some really tan eyelashes. Yeah, spray tann and eyelashes.
Speaker 1: Are always gonna like I would say before a face of makeup, I would get a spray tan is gonna make your face look better anyway without makeup, and then eyelashes they're essential elements.
Speaker 3: Because so Chelsea, did she look so much hotter?
Speaker 9: I have to say, personally I preferred the before, even though watching the entire season, I was thinking, could someone slap some mascara on those things at least or a little top eyeliner MICA's. I have to say, I don't like. I don't like fake eyelashes. That are the ones that you used to get Aya.
Speaker 1: I'm not judging you the ones, but the ones like their extensions, Yes, don't look good.
Speaker 3: They look like they look fake, and they look too much. Do you know what I'm talking about, Chris?
Speaker 2: Like, no, I'm kind of the the perfect candidate for observing plastic surgery and like makeup and eyelashes, Like whatever tricks that are being pulled work on me because I'm not looking at a specific thing. I'm looking at a whole picture, right, And so those things I.
Speaker 1: Look at her eyelashes, they are too over the top. They like like some people have made fun of women with these kind of fake eyelashes and put credit cards on their eyes and it just looks like straight up just a flat surface of black, and that's what it looked like Micah's to me were because they'll have no makeup on, and then these it just doesn't.
Speaker 4: Look those dolls that goes to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yes, sometimes when Chris doesn't see him, I'm like.
Speaker 3: You can't see how fake that shit is.
Speaker 2: When you pointed out I can, but I think it's so ubiquitous at this point, all of these things, all the plustic surgery, all this stuff is so ubiquitous that it's like some of it just looks like, what what's happening? And so you're not like, oh, this is wildly different than what a normal human being looks like.
Speaker 1: So was Micah just made out to be the like like poor?
Speaker 3: Was everyone just so poor Micah?
Speaker 1: Or was she a little bit millainized for her bullying styles? I guess with Irena she I think she escaped just fine.
Speaker 9: She has a new Taylor Swift, dirty blonde hue of hair. She looked beautiful and tan and sad and stoic and handled everything kind of well. But she looked very heartbroken still over Paul and kind of.
Speaker 3: But she got to me just like a little bit for us.
Speaker 9: There was some rumor that she had told uh Irina maybe that like, I'm never gonna marry this guy, like they were saying, I think Zach is that the guy with bliss. Yeah, Zach was like fuming in the corner, and I was like, I just have to say, Micah has been throwing Paul under the bus this whole time and never intended to get married, and I can't believe she's acting like this. But there was just nothing that interesting about the reunion, to be honest, I mean light swear.
Speaker 3: Well, what about Mmy? Was he like kind of horny for Mike?
Speaker 5: Could you tell?
Speaker 4: He was?
Speaker 3: Are they good? Are they good?
Speaker 5: They seem great?
Speaker 9: They were intertwined very closely, and he was like what you saw on the show was edited so much, and you know, I could see why people would think I was so inappropriate. He apologized a lot to Chelsea's family. To Chelsea, Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: I really Lovemmy.
Speaker 1: I liked him from the get yeah. And then when he did that stuff by the pool, I was just screaming at.
Speaker 2: The tell disappointing, But he won me back because when he and Chelsea were good, you were like, this is this feels good?
Speaker 3: Yes? Except that, oh man, haven't we all been?
Speaker 1: I think I've talked about it before when they are doing that photo shoot or they're like doing.
Speaker 3: Like a try on.
Speaker 1: Remember she was like trying and they both were like recovering from a fight that morning, but she was acting like everything was fine and still being like cute and flirting, being like I'm making so much.
Speaker 3: Fun, and you could tell they weren't having any fun.
Speaker 2: She kept talking about how much fun.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I think I've done that with you before when we've like not been. We were at a fun thing, but we're both still reeling from like an argument we got in, and we try to like fake fun.
Speaker 2: This is fun where where they're like, this is so much fun being with you talking about it. So they're just like, god, I love this is fun.
Speaker 9: Fun on them, We're like, we loved that photo shoot. I know you guys were making fun of us, But Chelsea's like doing a photo shoot with Calvin Klein underw it is my lifelong dream.
Speaker 5: I guess why she's loved Calvin.
Speaker 3: I think I wanted to get banged in public. That's she kept saying.
Speaker 2: Real talk.
Speaker 1: She kept saying, this is her dream to do this boudoir photoshoot.
Speaker 3: Let me interpret that for you.
Speaker 1: No one's dream is to do but that means she her dream is to pose nude, and if she wants, if her dream is to pose like nude with another guy in underwear, she wants. She's a voyeuristic person. Guaranteed they are at hotels opening the windows and banging in front of the window hoping people see. Guarantee, I would bet my life on it that these two are voyeurs.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure and pretty uncomfortable with, you know, like exhbstion, yes, all the like talking about private things in public. But I thought her openness about all of that stuff, even though it was goofy and weird that you wanted that photo shoot, I thought it was refreshing. How like very on the start, I would think you would appreciate her because you're you're like that as well. It is strange to want to do the photo shoot. But I loved it, even though I thought it was the most uncomfortable thing I could imagine for myself, and watching it, the fact that Kwame embraced it, yeah, I c it was like, oh, these people do have a chance, like they are on the same page. Yeah, And even though I thought it was VIP bizarre and weird, and they they were both into it. Isn't it weird that they were both that comfortable doing that photoshop?
Speaker 4: I mean, watching it, the only thing I could really think of was that she'd be a good mother, you know, I did you.
Speaker 2: See did you think that? Because you could see her full of oh, I can now see her as a mother. I could see a baby coming out of there.
Speaker 9: Tiny fit Fitch people. I don't understand how these people are all wildly wealthy. Now they had some footage of them all in their new homes.
Speaker 4: Well, Chelsea is rich. She comes from a rich family, Not Chelsea. Who are we talking about? This is Chelsea? Right?
Speaker 9: Chelsea and Micah now live in like a penthouse apartment overlooking all of Seattle. It is massive. They have two separate bathrooms. Just like, did they get paid for this show?
Speaker 3: Not a lot?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: Maybe it's social they have how is a speech panologist?
Speaker 3: There's social media?
Speaker 4: Is even Chelsea's family is? I think wealthy? And I think that was part of the deal for Kwame because when Kwame went and visited Chelsea's family, I feel like it really turned for him. When he's like all these they were like they were like vacationing on the French riviera or something or some Seattle version of that.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, like an island.
Speaker 2: It was like a beautiful doc.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they're like welcome to the family, and there was just like it was like six matriarchs who were all like, you're going to be part of something.
Speaker 1: Man, there is something about meeting the family that there is a reason these shows do that, like meet the family thing, and it can ruin a relationship. Just some some hard ass dad who's like God is gun on the table or some shit like is sharpening his knives like on last season.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well the Paul like Zach had to run into a dad that was his dad.
Speaker 9: Right, apparently Bliss his dad is now in love with uh Zach.
Speaker 4: I can see that.
Speaker 5: Really, Yeah, I think it's all good.
Speaker 6: I don't know if in love with but like except so he attributed some money.
Speaker 1: Our listeners who don't watch Love is Blind. This has been quite a detour. But let's talk about maybe they watched Succession any because people have been asking me what I think about Succession? What's because I have not spoken about it since Logan Roy passed and I'm sorry spoiler alert, like get on board, like you've had two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, logan Roy died.
Speaker 5: Gotta say I miss Brian Cox. I really do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I've been watching McDonald's commercials on repeat just to like get my cocks fixed. Wait what commercial he is? What he's the I mean I don't know if he's in them, but he's the voice.
Speaker 3: No way like dating back, no.
Speaker 2: Like current McDonald commercials, he'll be he's he does a commercial and then he goes, no way, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 8: He's not like fuck off off.
Speaker 3: He Uh yeah he got and uh I missed.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing of this first episode without him, of like I miss him, but then it gave other characters a chance to really shine.
Speaker 2: I e.
Speaker 3: Frank and Ken and Hjerry Funny.
Speaker 1: Now Jerry was great, Like it's I don't I miss him, but there's And you made a good point that Kendall is now kind of turning into his father and fulfilling that role of like this hard ass like manipulator, a master manipulator.
Speaker 2: Falling into that into like the role that his dad would.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there and can I say for all people who watched Succession. I was on the Succession read it and someone screenshotted and like zoomed in and used like great technology to completely transcribe the letter that Logan wrote, the entire letter that Logan left in this safe and he left Colin that watch, you know, Colin his bodyguard.
Speaker 3: Guess how much that watch is worth?
Speaker 2: Three point one million dollars? Yes, I read that.
Speaker 1: Thought was good and so it's it is cool that they like wrote that letter and the whole thing is written as he would write it.
Speaker 3: It was just it's just a great little shell.
Speaker 5: Do you think Kendall's name was underlined or crossed out?
Speaker 3: Crossed out? It's a clear cross out to me, Chris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely agree. What do you think I mean? Because to me that that that was the realization at the end that made Kendall go back and go around Kieran Culkin and say, hey, we're gonna make my dad look like he you know, he was losing it at the end, and drag him through the mud. Yes, does you think does.
Speaker 1: He had the private moment in the bathroom where he opens the letter and he looks at it and it zooms in on the underline slash crossed out part. So for those of you who don't know, there's this letter that his dad leaves behind saying I want to give my company and promote to CEO in the invent of my death my son Kendall Roy. But then they look at the letter closely and it looks as if he's either underlined it or crossed it out. I mean, they must have done so many versions of this to have the perfect way of doing it. It's such a great moment because you can't really tell which he meant. But I think you're right. In that moment in the bathroom alone with the document that he's really staring at it, he has the epiphany, fucking fuck this guy who tried to cross out my name. I'm gonna fuck him over one more time because the reason they weren't going to drag his name through MUDD is because they were like, we're gonna honor our father in the event of his death. I don't want to say, but he's like, which he always comes back to, is this guy doesn't give a fuck about me. Yeah, fuck him and fuck off. And I think that is was his moment of realizing it was a crossout.
Speaker 3: What do you guys think.
Speaker 4: I'm only on season one, so I have no idea. Jesus anyone's talking about I just ruined it for you.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I I assumed if we got to the final season of Succession, it was inevitable that he would be dead. I mean, he must die.
Speaker 1: I do not hear he died based on social media or like just being online.
Speaker 4: The news was just broken to me here. But it wasn't really a surprise. It wasn't a surprise because the title of the show is Succession, which means that somebody has to move up and take his spot.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, Brian, Yeah, that is a good point. Okay, so we've what we've talked about, Love is Blind, Succession, and then really quick Daisy Jones and the six I went on a rant yesterday about it.
Speaker 3: It sucks.
Speaker 1: The first episode was just pandering. I didn't I didn't enjoy it. I started episode two, but then I got distracted. Brian, you watched Daisy Jones in the sixth Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Started what I have not finished the first episode. I'm like forty minutes into the first episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't say.
Speaker 4: My initial disgust for the show is I can't stand the fake documentary that's not a comedy. Oh god, if it's not a comedy. The sincerity of faking the it's a camera, it just takes me out of it every time.
Speaker 1: That's such a good point. You can do the documentary style. It's like best in Show kind of done, but it needs comedy. The sincerity behind it is so sickening, and they're the aging of them doesn't even work. It's so dare I say it's good.
Speaker 3: The show is good. That's why I hate it.
Speaker 2: It's I can't wait for Anya to watch it and give us the lowdown, because she's the closest to that. I mean, she's she's a Daisy Jones. She's much better based on her story, but this is her world, like this is this is like this is really in the sixties.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I saw that clip on Instagram that's like we need a hotel room, we need money, and.
Speaker 3: I sent that to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, these guys are idiot's. Like I don't know if you.
Speaker 2: Could get into what's it's so insulting. I feel like I can't wait. I can't wait for you to watch it. But yeah, there's there's one scene where she walks by this bar and you know the sandwich boards that what did it say?
Speaker 3: Because I couldn't remember.
Speaker 2: It, just the way that it ended, and then that that shot was like leading to that. It makes me I feel sorry for these these uh these these people that made the TV show. I'm just like you guys don't care about your's. It's so weird to be watching Succession and you're like, you guys are making perfect television.
Speaker 3: How can this show be on the same.
Speaker 2: It's a sandwich board. Instead of saying like, you know, shots specials or like open mic night tonight, open mic night, it just says piano inside yes. So like later in the episode, she goes in and without having practiced, without having worked hard, without having like spent her life writing songs and caring and all of this stuff, goes in and sings like a perfectly formed song that she never even worked on, that you never even knew that she wanted to.
Speaker 3: Do barf it was so gross, but by mother.
Speaker 2: So that makes me, Yeah, you get yelled ut by your mother and marginalized by your boyfriend who didn't even know that you wanted to use me.
Speaker 1: You imagine a black woman. I think she's black. She might be a black woman who's a backup singer in the late sixties, is on stage and sees this white girl in the audience that just gets the music more than anyone else. Can you imagine a backup singer would go up to this girl and meet her at a party and go, I've seen you, yeah, and you know what you you You're not there for the band, you're not there for the drugs, You're there for the music, and then encourage this girl to become a singer, a backup singer, whatever, encourage a white girl to like pursue her dream.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it was so the whole thing was so insulty.
Speaker 1: It was there's no way that would happen, and it was just it's just so ridiculous and feels like it feeds into that whole thing of like no one believed in me, like no one believed in Daisy Jones. Okay, I just don't buy it, oh one. First of all, any artist that says no one believed in you unless you maybe that happens sometimes where a parent really is just cruel and says awful things. But generally, I don't think Lady Gaga was getting a lot of pushback for not being talented as much as I heard her say at Lollapalooza one year of like no one believed in me.
Speaker 2: This is for you, Dad.
Speaker 3: There's all these things.
Speaker 1: Like you've been extraordinarily talented from a young age. Maybe people were jealous of you, but no one's ever said you didn't have it.
Speaker 2: I agree. I actually agree with everything you're saying. However, and this might be like one of those old wives tales, but I did hear.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I heard this too. I did hear.
Speaker 3: There's this Facebook group, a Facebook group that says us.
Speaker 1: Is never going to be is never going to be famous from way back when.
Speaker 11: So I guess it is true for so me, that actually is probably, but he was really annoying, I'm sure. But I also heard there was like a woman that used to Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan and like made fun of him all the time and then tried to like tried to like talk to him on a red carpet and he was like, you were horrible to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to go to break and we're gonna play top one bottom one when we get back. Thank you for putting up with this TV segment. If you didn't watch those TV shows. I hope it was still entertaining.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back up to.
Speaker 1: Them, and we're back, Chris, you were about to say something, well, I just.
Speaker 2: Want to say Daisy Jones is bad, but just as a palate cleanser. We watched the first two episodes of Beef and it's it feels awesome right now, yes.
Speaker 5: And finished it last night. It is such a beautifully one's teeth the music, but.
Speaker 9: The artwork, the title cards, the fond the actually into everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a fantastic you know what's cool about it?
Speaker 1: And I was talking to a TV writer yesterday about ideas that we were having to develop something and I was saying, you know, we want character to be flawed, obviously, not to be like bad people, because we see that. We see a lot of like they're either good or they're bad. We want I think people are craving, weird, shameful, weird, and I don't think until recently TV has gotten into that, like like like the first time I saw on Succession, Roman's character having a sexual relationship kind of sexual through a door with Jerry, who is like literally geriatric in her seventies. That was so weird. And I don't think anything like that has existed before or since of that kind of relationship, and if it has, it's probably some like art house type thing. I think beef is weird.
Speaker 2: Beef is weird.
Speaker 1: She's masturbating with a gun. No spoiler alert, there's no. I mean, this is the first scene that is weird. And if you were to pitch that to HBO, I would think fifteen years ago it would be like, no, we're not doing anything like that. People are willing to get weird now, and I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeahriot's let's get weird.
Speaker 1: Let's get weird, and let's get to top one by bottom one, and let's just get into final thought. Top one, bottom one. The category is love songs.
Speaker 3: Love songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was a debate between doing appetizers and love songs.
Speaker 2: So my favorite love love song is loaded Potato Skins, a classic.
Speaker 4: You got me.
Speaker 2: I really was like, don't start the game. God, I'm such a new.
Speaker 4: There is a great song called Potato Chips that goes potato chips. Oh, how I wish potato chips.
Speaker 2: Potato chips? But you both know that, well it's a guy thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tony Dungeee's favorite.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say this is another fucking sports male song interlude.
Speaker 2: Chris was so.
Speaker 1: Originally the topic was love songs, and then I changed it because I thought Chris would probably have a hard time with love songs, just because it's like, there's you love them too much and it would be hard to settle on one. Chris loves soft, soft rock more than anyone I know, and so I'm interested to hear what you are.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the top love song.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we're signing with bottom. Sorry, we on top because we want to end on a good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so bottom for me, bottom love song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I haven't really thought of the exact bottom, but I would say any song by train.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey soul Sister, yes, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, any love song by track, I'll be there. I think they is not draft worthless, worthless love songs, worthless songs. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Drops of Jupiter. You just don't like the specific.
Speaker 2: Lyrics, Yes, I do not like. I do not like those lyrics.
Speaker 1: That that guy that's something about she does tambo. He has like kind of current references in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I like I like that song, but I liked, but I get that there it's campy and like and they're not trying to be yes, they're being sincere, and it's like they at some point have to start making fun of themselves.
Speaker 2: And that heart and soul like cover is type thing that they did. Oh yeah, it's really annoyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah what it was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But they do.
Speaker 2: They do crank out the hits.
Speaker 3: People seem to like that.
Speaker 2: No, people like Train anyone else have a bottom a bottom love song.
Speaker 4: I don't like any song where a man is bragging, slash promising, how he's how well he's going to take care of a woman.
Speaker 1: T I s whatever you like, yeah on your covers? It like, what what can you think of an example of what that would be?
Speaker 4: I can't think of a specific example because I'm not good. But I'm not good at music, but I I can sing like like, oh I will hold your hand and take you to the you know.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, Christian, you have an interesting, interesting story about Miley Cyrus's flowers. Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know how true this is, but I would have to go back and listen. But I was told so, so you know, she goes, I can buy myself flowers. I can take myself dancing. I can what's the next one, right name? And the sin talk to myself for hours or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's a Bruno Mars song apparently that Liam Hemsworth sent to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should have bought you flowers and hell Jahan should have gave you all my hours when ahead the chance take it to every party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like he has the song of like.
Speaker 2: Great, so all of her, all of her, all of hers are rebuttals to all of his. I think in a row.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: So I think it's also a dig to be like, you couldn't tell me your feelings, you had to like send me up Brune Mar song. I think it's a dig on that too, But I think that's very interesting. Do you like the song flowers because you you're a Miley Stan not Stan, but you like you like Miley.
Speaker 2: It's grown on me. But I think Wrecking Ball is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Chris favorite song. Okay, true, no, it's one of them.
Speaker 2: You love that.
Speaker 1: I love that song, but it's like it would say, like okay, okay, sorry, but it's one of your faves.
Speaker 2: Currently of current music, current issue because it's like seven years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would say that was one of your current faves. Okay, Anya, what is your least favorite love to?
Speaker 9: This song gives me such a visceral reaction when I hear it. I can't stand it, even though I like the melody, but I'm just like, I get angry when I hear it.
Speaker 5: It's Okay and the Hills, but I know it's not.
Speaker 9: It's like mean, I only call you when it's half past five. Yeah, the only time that I'll be by your side. I only love it when you touch me, not feel me when I'm fed up. That's the real me. I know it's not meant to be a love song, but it's kind of. It just feels so mean. He also brags about like just having slept with a different girl.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's great with women. I've heard he's a little shady and maybe not the nicest, so that doesn't surprise me. Can you believe he's the number one streamed artist, like of all time? I just don't even understand it, Like on Spotify, he just like but it seems to me like comparing him to like Taylor Shorts or the Beatles like you would stream that stuff more.
Speaker 2: But I think he had mega hits at the perfect time. Like, so the Beatles probably aren't getting streamed as much because older people aren't streaming there. Okay, that makes sense, plain their tape recorders.
Speaker 10: Phones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Wait, there's a John Legends song that's my least favorite because it's like, oh, God, there is one he's I think he's very good, but there is one that God, what is his?
Speaker 2: What was it? I'm with you on this one. I'm gonna look at it.
Speaker 3: I'm looking up his most famous songs.
Speaker 2: I hate this song not all of me because that's a bad one.
Speaker 3: I kind of like that one. God, I'm so sorry. Let me just find this.
Speaker 2: He's got a song called like red Light or green Light. It's awesome. It was the song that you know, I'm listening to all the time now, not to derail this is a song kill Bill.
Speaker 3: It's the best.
Speaker 2: I can't stop listening to it. It's like the best song in the world.
Speaker 3: Do you know when you first heard that song, No, I do.
Speaker 1: We were in the car, we were in an uber back from dinner with Andy and Beck's yeah, and I was singing it because I just learned it and I know all the fast parts, so I was kind of like singing along to it, and you go, what is this? And I was like, it's a new says a song. She's from Saint Louis. And he's like, oh, I know she is, but like you were like taken in the moment.
Speaker 3: I remember when you heard it.
Speaker 2: I was gonna send I didn't know that I was gonna send you the song because she has an acoustic version, and be like, will you just we learned this one on a good time.
Speaker 3: I can play it for you when we get done here.
Speaker 2: It's a good song, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm still a fan, even though I was salty. Hate to see you with some mother bro, now you have.
Speaker 2: He's the best song in the world that I'm not.
Speaker 3: The one driving.
Speaker 5: I'm so mature.
Speaker 3: I'm so mature. Yeah, it's so good. That is one of that's that's a love song.
Speaker 2: That's the best news.
Speaker 1: You'd rather be You'd rather be in jail than alone. I'd rather be in hell. Then, I like I like how it ends. It starts out she's like she's gonna kill her ex and his girlfriend too, his new girlfriend, and she's like, I'd rather be in jail than alone. And then at the end she's like, I'd rather be in hell because she knows that's where she's going because what she just did, what she and she thinks about doing it at first, and then by the end of the song she's like, she goes, I might kill my ex, and then by the end of the song she goes, I just killed my ex.
Speaker 3: So you like walk through it with her.
Speaker 2: It's so the best in the world. Oh, I love it. Like the term salty, yeah, salty. Yeah, in terms of.
Speaker 4: My slang, salty is great. And I don't like spill the tea anymore. I think that should be over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you do about sligh?
Speaker 4: I hate I hate off. People say it too, you know slag. I mean it's I hate slag, lazy lazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's describing that. Aren't even that incredible. It's just like I got a new sled sweater sleigh.
Speaker 4: I got a new sleigh sleigh.
Speaker 2: I don't like it at all, but I'm gonna I'm gonna derail again. Has everybody fallen in love with Franngie yet, because I mean, he's the greatest thing going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people are into it.
Speaker 2: We still talk about him on my radio show. They my radio show met him like like five years ago, and we still talk about bring up Franngie quarterly because of.
Speaker 3: How I did the other day. You went into a long thing.
Speaker 1: You were reading all of his Apple ranking ap Apple rankings dot com to read Brian Frangie's rankings of over how many apples at this point?
Speaker 4: Less than I would like, But it's dozens and dozens?
Speaker 3: Really, how many apples are there?
Speaker 4: Thousands and thousands?
Speaker 2: No way. I went back and watched all the all the videos recently. I laughed at every single one, and then I read a bunch of the descriptions on air and we got text like people are like, this is the funniest thing. Yeah, I love it. And Brian's one. He's one of my favorite stand ups of all time, so I you know, like, I hope people love him.
Speaker 1: Got Rankings dot Com is saved on my bookmarks. So like whenever I'm trying to like get internet on a flight, I just click. It's always the way I test if the Internet is working, So I always give you a click. I haven't said to my friend's website just so I give him a view when I'm checking for stuff.
Speaker 2: Brian's like looking at the stats, He's like, why why is somebody in Albuquerque? Well, no, Phoenix.
Speaker 4: I don't know what this says about me. But when you guys were talking about all those nice things, my immediate thought was like, oh God, something terrible is gonna happen. I'm gonna like id like, I can't accept that much praise.
Speaker 3: I feel like something's gonna happen on the.
Speaker 4: Everyone's you're gonna get robbed. I started to do that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, sweet thoughtful guy.
Speaker 3: You're not wrong, though.
Speaker 1: When people build something up too much, they gotta take it down.
Speaker 4: I gotta be undercuts. My Apple ranking site sucks.
Speaker 2: If you like him, you stink too like.
Speaker 3: People are gonna be at me about that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get hate for that because I'm talking shit, and you know what, I probably should. I don't know that that bitch, but she seems like a bitch and she seems can I just guess I think she might need to explore her sexuality because I think she is in love with Micah. That's my thought. I think she I think there are a lot of times, and I've read about this on Reddit in different threads. I think she is in love on your listening, I.
Speaker 3: Think she is in love with her. Really, you're drawing her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a little thing I'm drawing.
Speaker 1: I think she's in love with Micah. I think she might be bisexual. And I think that this is a thing, and maybe I'm wrong, but there is a thing that when and we've all dealt with this, when you get into a relationship and you have always been the single girl, and your group of friends and all of your single girlfriends also are like you're single with me, and you get in a relationship, your friends freak out because they don't have their single friend anymore. They feel like there's mostly something wrong with me.
Speaker 2: I'm alone.
Speaker 3: And what do they do?
Speaker 1: They can't admit to themselves that they're scared and that they're feeling like they're less than because their friend had and they're gonna miss their friend because there's less time being spent with them because they're falling in love with this guy.
Speaker 3: And so what do they do.
Speaker 1: They go, I don't like him for you, without any basis. I mean, in the end, she was right about Paul, but it wasn't because she was right about Paul. She would have done that with any guy, because she loves Micaup, maybe as a friend, maybe more, but she's jealouss she.
Speaker 3: Didn't to lose her friend.
Speaker 1: But I bet you anything that Ali had friends when she met you that were like I just like, I'm not like sure, he's like the one, and they like, can't even say it because they're freaking out so much inside. I mean, I've done it with friends before. When Kirsten got a boyfriend in high school. Kirsten told me last week, and this is news to me. On a girl's trip, Kirsten told me that Anthony, her high school broke boyfriend, broke up with her because me, because it was ruining her relationship with me because I was such a little gay, jealous bitch because my best friend was And I was so embarrassed when she said that.
Speaker 3: This is twenty something years later.
Speaker 1: I was so embarrassed that Anthony was mature enough to be like, your relationship with Nikki is really important and this is getting in the way of it because I was so jealous. He didn't have the words for it, but that was it.
Speaker 3: I was jealous.
Speaker 1: I was losing my friend and that my friend was giving blowjobs. I wasn't anywhere near even kissing a boy but let alone, but he kissing their penis and I was jealous. I was like, and my anger for this woman is probably just projecting, as it always is. So I have been on that side of things, Anya, Do you agree.
Speaker 9: Had the same thing with my best friend in high school? A lot of feelings of guilt when I would get a boyfriend because well, and she did turn out gay.
Speaker 5: Uh but not for me. But yeah, I think anytime.
Speaker 1: My friend would I would do disagree, but she did. I'm sure there were crushes.
Speaker 3: Along the way on you.
Speaker 9: At one point, China was like, uh, my dream for us would be to do like a black and white photo shoot nude just for our friendship.
Speaker 5: And I was like, you say, please.
Speaker 9: Ask her this at my wedding, Like be like, what was going through your head when she to this day?
Speaker 5: Is like I thought, I thought it'd be cool. I think it would be really neat. I want to do it.
Speaker 1: I just like, I just had this epifany I was that girl, But you know that was high school. I don't think I would have acted that way as a twenty something, but you know what would have made me do that? An alcohol problem, which that girl clearly also has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they were hitting it pretty hard out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just like whenever Mica, I would just get like more kind of talking like this and like you're like bagg eat cheeks kind of just like do.
Speaker 2: You love me?
Speaker 1: What is more annoying than getting a call from your fucking fiance going do you love me?
Speaker 2: How much? No talk to tell her how much? Do you you missed me?
Speaker 4: Not me?
Speaker 3: That was when I go, oh no, this night might not be good.
Speaker 2: Paul didn't was not impressed, and you.
Speaker 1: Know what, He's right, because don't marry a drunk and have that be the mother of your children. I'm just saying, if you are thinking about getting married to a girl who gets sloppy drunk once in a while, it's a progressive illness. If someone gets sloppy drunk, ever, and like on a normal basis, it's going to get worse with age and it's not gonna be good for your children. I'm just saying maybe from experience, so it just it might get in the way of things. Based on people I know that have drunk moms, it like it, it becomes a thing and it starts out fun Everyone loves a drunk girl when it's she's hot and young and cute and it's once a month or whatever. But when you get lonely and your kids grow up, and you know, wine becomes more of like wine o'clock.
Speaker 3: And pills gets messy and then pills, yes, and then pills.
Speaker 4: I've seen that on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we didn't even get to the top favorite.
Speaker 3: What's your number one favorite loves on Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say my number one favorite one, yeah, because I don't know, because for me, it's for me one. I think that people may have missed and I don't mean to be patronizing or haven't heard no patronizing. Well, I'm I'm half British.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite eat.
Speaker 2: Love song? Go down to the shoppy and pick up yeah for for the best sies. If you guys haven't heard this song in a while, or if you've never heard it, I think people should all go listen to Yazz is Only You? Like immediately, what is that?
Speaker 3: Why have I Why have you never heard?
Speaker 2: It's a song only you? That's that's Yazz's other songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, is a form of birth control? I think I used in the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: But they also make some great music.
Speaker 3: What is this only You song?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's it is a it's an amazing We've never played it for me. I only played for well good moms. My favorite love song.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think of which Taylor Swift song and I would say for it's it's probably one that people don't know is Daylight is a really good one.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I love any like my.
Speaker 1: Love was as cruel as the cities I've lived in.
Speaker 3: Everyone something looked worse than the light, and.
Speaker 1: She just talks about how like things were, and then you came along and it was day.
Speaker 3: Light, day light, day let, daylight. It just is like it's just a and I can still see it all and.
Speaker 1: It's just beautiful and it makes you feel like you know, when someone comes in your life and like everything just like lights up, and you know, I haven't felt that way yet, but like I'm holding out.
Speaker 3: No, it just does.
Speaker 1: When I'm feeling really good about my man, I listen to that song and it's like, my it's like my Chris song when we're like really good, or like when we when we come out of some kind of darkness.
Speaker 2: Okay, you get to listen to it once a.
Speaker 3: Year on my birthday after you sing me lover. Oh yeah, I have to do it. What are you going to sing this year?
Speaker 1: Only you by yes, maybe for maybe.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you've got another birthday. I know it sucks, it's endless.
Speaker 1: I will let you off the hook. I mean I don't require much. I just want a thoughtful letter.
Speaker 2: Yeah but I do that. Yeah, you do do that.
Speaker 4: A letter where your names may be crossed out. We don't know.
Speaker 1: That's our show for today. Thank you so much for listening for this week. Actually, I will be on the road next week in Tucson, in Vegas, and then we are off to Europe for fourteen or ten fourteen cities wait, no, ten cities in fourteen days. Berlin, Munich, the Netherlands, Oslo, hell Sinky.
Speaker 2: And so a bunch of us are going to be there.
Speaker 3: I think right now, Anya and Chris will be there.
Speaker 2: And can we really quick get onion Brian song? I don't think we got those?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah?
Speaker 4: Your song Bylton John.
Speaker 1: At the same time A time one two three?
Speaker 5: Your song by Apple Valentine?
Speaker 3: Okay you yeah, no, what's yours? Noah's is some death metal song.
Speaker 10: All the death metal love songs, Uh, yeah, there are actually so My bottom one kind of goes along with what Brian was saying. It's the song Faithfully by Journey, And I don't think it's a bad song. It's just I was listening to it like in anticipation of like meeting this guy who was driving a long way to like spend the weekend with me, and then he got there and like I liked him, but not enough for a whole weekend. So, and my top one is this Love by Pantera. It was my first like power ballad.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't know that one either.
Speaker 2: That it I thought, Yeah, was like.
Speaker 3: Is it this that would be hilarious of Noah's. All right, thank you guys so much for listening to the show. Chris, Thank you for being here. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Uh, we will see you on tour or we'll just see you on the podcast next week.
Speaker 3: Don't be and di di di, just.
Speaker 2: Dance. It'll be okay. No, it's good. I needed something I was.
Speaker 1: I was looking into your eyes and I got lost. Yeah, guys, digit just dance. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye.