Speaker 1: Hey, they're folks. It is Monday, August third, and the Trump Piro pool party is on. Should we call it a pool fight? And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. You're not gonna win a fight against President Trump, are you? But right now she's in one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And look, maybe you don't win it short term, but maybe in the long term you might come out ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay, but after you lose your job, that is too We're talking about Janeine pierro If you don't know, she's the US attorney out of the office in DC, and once again, Robes, the reflecting pool story just won't go away, and I'm so glad it won't. I am loving it. But right now what we have is Jeanine Piro going head to head against her boss, the President, who has put out a blister pretty I shouldn't say blistering. He didn't necessarily just attack her, but he attacked her decision to drop the charges against Olympian David Hearn Robes. That was stunning already when we saw that on front.
Speaker 3: Yes, we were.
Speaker 2: I was surprised that Jeanine Piro actually made the choice to not only drop the felony criminal charges against a three time Olympic canoeist who yes represented the United States, David Hearn, after a fifty sixty.
Speaker 3: Mile bike ride.
Speaker 2: He was accused of vandalizing the reflecting pool and being among those accused of causing all the damage, all that peeling pool liner and Jeanine Piro was there in the beginning talking tough about the ten years that David Herton was facing, so Yes, when she decided to drop the charges, she had to explain why, and in this very public filing, she very specifically stated that it was shoddy or botched work done in a rush job to get the pool ready for the Fourth of July celebrations, which made our jaws collectively dropped because we were like, holy hell. She just completely spoke out against and gave an opposite narrative that the President has been selling for and pedaling for weeks, and.
Speaker 3: We wondered what he was going to do.
Speaker 2: Was he going to just come out and say thank you, Jeanine Piro for explaining what we didn't have the information. The Department of the Interior kept this from us, and maybe no, he did the opposite.
Speaker 3: He went with.
Speaker 2: The Department of the Interior and threw Jeanine Piro under the bus, and I don't know what. Were you surprised he made that choice.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of under the bus throwing over the past few days. Surprised or was this not even a doubling down, a tripling down, a quadrupling down. This is a I don't even robes, he is still still while all she did in this filing was say what everybody already knew. We knew, Robes that nobody was damaging and taking a knife and cutting a three hundred foot slit, three hundred and fifty foot split.
Speaker 3: We knew that undetected.
Speaker 1: We knew nobody was pulling up the lining that was floating all over the damn pool.
Speaker 2: This American hero was gonna go and just vandalize the pool because he doesn't like Trump in broad daylight.
Speaker 1: That was July second. Do I have right when she came out and did that press conference, Robes, I thought they were gonna put him under the jail the way she came out, he violently, yes, vulnerably.
Speaker 3: There were adverbs attached to what he did.
Speaker 1: Destroying a national monument. They brought this up to a level Robes that made it sound like he almost single handedly was responsible. It was absurd for the foolishness that we saw around a reflecting pool, this thing that's been there one hundred plus years. It had the same problems the whole time. The President fixed in two weeks, is what you're telling us. And he did it for just a few million, okay, and it had problems immediately, And we found out from the filling the filing Robes they knew about the problems two days after the work was compared to correct We're going to get into that as well, but Robes. This sets us up now to what happened with this filing and what the President ends up saying. The excerpts I included here from the motion to dismiss the charges. As much as we talk about Robes, there is no way we can come out and say any more strongly than the Department of Justice did about why these charges would be.
Speaker 2: And I think that was one of the surprising parts of it because it wasn't like and yes they did it on a Friday, trying to sneak it in when people aren't paying attention, going off for a summer weekend Friday dumps, yes, very famous. But she chose some very specific language that even surprised me. She was very deliberate in placing the blame solely on the Department of the Interior and solely on the construction and the rush job. This was an excerpt from her to dismiss the charges against David Hearn. She said the rush to complete the project led to hasty and botched work that was not remediated before the project was finished, and the fencing removed. Almost immediately after work was initially completed. Peeling was observed along the pool perimeter.
Speaker 1: And the guy who saw it worked for the cut where the government. He reported it.
Speaker 3: It's not like two days later.
Speaker 1: Saw it and then nobody knew this was boiling. It. Goes on to say it was not until after the return of the indictment against David Hearn that the Department of Interior then provided additional documents indicating that damage to the reflecting pool was the result of flawed installation by the contractor and the rush to complete the project prior to events associated with America to fifty Ropes. She is saying, plain as day, everybody was in a hurry to get this done for the President, and because they were in such a hurry, they cut some corners and the work wasn't done that.
Speaker 3: Way without a doubt. That is exactly what she said.
Speaker 2: And then she wentn't even further and said the damage was the result of a botched installation and not vandalism as initially represented by the Department of the Interior. Indeed, the US Attorney's Office could only rely on the information provided by DOI that the damage was entirely caused by vandals, including.
Speaker 3: The defendant in this case, David Hearn.
Speaker 2: I mean, this was as big of a slap in the face to the Department of Interior and frankly to President Trump. Then she could have I mean, she wrote it, and it was it was non negotiable.
Speaker 1: Because Robes, I think, is this not correct? Couldn't she be in some really serious trouble if she filed for charges and an indictment comes against a guy, if a judge a court believes that she knew otherwise, Yes, she, I mean, could you get this bar stuff like that?
Speaker 3: If not, you should be able to so. Yes.
Speaker 2: I would imagine that that would absolutely be grounds for disbarment.
Speaker 1: But baby might not just be cya from a public standpoint. She might need to do it legally to make sure the court understands this was not me. This is what I was told, and I was just bringing the information best.
Speaker 2: I had, And the moment I found out what the real information was, I dropped charges.
Speaker 1: She went on. This is where she firmly throws the Department of Interior, and the Secretary under the bus said it was not until her office repeatedly reached out to the Interior Department dozens and dozens of times that the Interior slowly started trickling information to us ROMs that was specific, that was very specific language, trickling dozens and dozens of times. We had to ask, she's covering up?
Speaker 2: But maybe legally here absolutely, and so President Trump had a choice to make. Do I say, wow, given this new information, I am fully more fully understanding the situation. I too was misled by the Department of the Interior. Oh no, no, no, no no, because then he would have to admit that his push for the rush for the two hundred and fiftieth the construction company I believe that he used before and one of his Trump properties, that he actually green lighted that they were responsible.
Speaker 3: No, because then it goes back to him.
Speaker 2: So his truth social post made it very clear how he feels. I disagree one hundred percent with Janine Pirou, the US Attorney for the District of Columbia, on the reflecting pool. I don't know what she was thinking. Question mark to me, I like, to me, like, what.
Speaker 3: Does that to you?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 2: It was a pure case of vandalism that included the grass which had a big eighty six forty seven emblazoned in giant letters on it, and other elements of the surround Huh. There may have been some contractor difficulty, but the major damage was caused by vandals.
Speaker 3: In all caps.
Speaker 1: That is an admission by the president. That's as close as you're ever going to get that he was wrong. That's an emission by the president. That is the closest you're going to get. Ropes. He jumped from the pool to the grass. He jumped from the pool being the focus to the grass. Look at how he's talking. He disagrees with her on the reflecting pool to me.
Speaker 3: To me, it's my opinion based on zero facts.
Speaker 1: He's saying, pure case of vandalism that included the grass. He's focusing on the grass because it is someone did put eighty six forty seven in the grass that is true and got nothing to do with the pool. And I have not heard him make any public statement or shout for the mountaintops about the grass. It's been all about the pool. So he's switching it up on us and saying, well, the eighty six forty seven it may have been some contractor difficulty. That is as close as you're getting to an admission that he was wrong. There may have been some contractor difficulty. What can that mean? Baby botched installation?
Speaker 2: No, just possibly some difficulty.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's to you know, this is one of my favorite stories. It had been. It's gotten to a point like are you serious. It's okay, It's just they can not ever find just say I was wrong, we got this one wrong. Nobody administration can admit a mistake. You're not allowed to.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be so nice if they did.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't your shoulders just relax a bit for there to be an admission that everyone makes mistakes.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: The hard part is admitting it, but it actually is what endears you to the public, where we actually we can forgive mistakes, but when you can't admit them, that is a major problem.
Speaker 1: They've made things worse worlds because not only not admit them, they tell us that what we're saying, seeing with our own eyes and videos aren't true. They're there there. He's been talking to us like we're all stupid for weeks about this pool. He believes what he believes. And if you're you follow the president and you think that, yep, he was telling me the truth the whole time. Or if you say it, well, I think he was just telling me what he thought at the time. He had bad information, we could get on board.
Speaker 3: I was willing to that, but this.
Speaker 1: Is something else. Baby, I can't admit they're wrong. Two words that would relax our shoulders coming out of the President's mouth anytime. My bad.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, that's too far, that's too far. I would have his doctor check him out if he ever says I'm sorry, but just my bad, Yeah, my bad, that's on me. Ah damn it. I was working, But what was what's wrong? Because that's seen as weakness. Weakness, babe, If you complain about a pilot that flies too close to people on the beach, you're weak. If you don't see how that was just awesome. Everything is everybody's weak testosterone checking for now. Everybody's weak, weak, weak.
Speaker 2: Jesus, come, how about Doug Bergham, the Secretary of the Interior.
Speaker 3: Is he weak or is he strong?
Speaker 1: He went harder than the president, didn't he to defend. Now he's defending the Interior Department. And that's fine, But he's Interior secretary and I get it. But he needed to say something, Robes. But he's still pushing and pawning this same thing. So yes, he had a long statement that he put out on X as well after the president. And it's clear he wants to keep his job.
Speaker 2: Oh yes he does, because his first line says it.
Speaker 3: All the evidence is clear.
Speaker 2: Vandals have repeatedly caused damage to the reflecting pool period.
Speaker 3: Some of these acts were even caught on camera.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 2: We also provided the US Attorney's Office expert and eyewitness testimony to the damage done by vandals, and provided every piece of evidence they asked for in the requested timeline detailing each area of damage at the pool.
Speaker 1: What does that mean provided every piece they asked for? We've read a lot of statements in our lives. We pick up on little words like that. He goes on to say that President cares deeply about protecting our sacred national monuments, and his leadership has led to the restoration of our nation's capital by making DC safe and beautiful again. Intentional damage done to the reflecting goal is no different than defacing any one of our other national monuments.
Speaker 2: We won't back down to deranged people who want to destroy, deface, or degrade our monument.
Speaker 1: Is that still, David Hearn, he didn't mention, David Hern there did not why not? But it is just defacing any one of our national monuments. He put his name in front of Kennedy's right, defacing, defacing. That was the first thing about to mind when I saw that, defacing any one of our national monuments, and that's exactly what he was accused of doing. But stay here, folks, we will we come back explain the I guess one of the more jaw dropping parts to us is when the US Attorney's Office was made aware that they had a BS case. And also the best part of it all, when someone first noticed that the reflecting pool was jacked up. It was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Stare welcome back everyone, as yes, the reflecting or as it's been called, the deflecting Pool. Drama continues. It just won't go away. President Trump could make it go away. He could have applauded Janine Piro for finding the truth, asked some questions about the Department of the Interior, and people might have felt like, Okay, finally we're on the right track. We're not just pointing fingers at former Olympians accusing them of unthinkable acts of violence, things that just don't make sense or sit.
Speaker 3: Well with a lot of folks.
Speaker 1: I would imagine, I know what you're saying there, unthinkable acts of violently Yes, you said violence, like he was violent pole.
Speaker 2: Well no, yes, but like violently attacked the reflecting pool. It seems silly on its face, and so to double down now, but we're getting more information from Janine Piro's office, who now is letting us know when they were made aware of the damage and when the Department of the Interior actually knew about the damage.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is fantastic. Robes an engineer, all right. June ninth, there was a final inspection of the pool. It was good to go, so it essentially opened on June ninth, and they were getting in ahead of the fight was on June fourteenth, when his birthday. The UFC thing June ninth, Final inspection June eleventh. An engineer, an engineer with the Park Service was alerted to the peeling of the reflecting pool on June eleventh. Robes. June eleventh, he wrote an email saying, this morning an area of the reflecting pool coding was identified to be peeling. Staff was notified and I was able to inspect the area. That is from the engineer on June eleventh. So why is it that Jeanine Piro wasn't aware of this until July seventeenth.
Speaker 2: That's insane, that's almost what is that five six weeks later?
Speaker 3: And so she drained, She.
Speaker 2: Toured the drained pool, and she noticed the extensive damage. And look, that's because she knows she was being asked, as has the President, by reporters, for pictures evidence of this three hundred and fifty foot slit that he claims some vandal made using a sharp object in the middle of the pool. The problem is, she goes and she looks, and she is not understanding how what the claims of vandalism are, how they match up with what she's actually visually seeing there at the pool.
Speaker 1: So was the lady who brought charges against the guy that we had evidence already that he wasn't guilty. We had it on June eleventh. June eleventh, and she brought a case and a month later she becomes aware that's not good investigative work. Is it is the DOI and keeping stuff from her? What are they saying happened here? Ropes? Is this just another fiasco? Will never get answers?
Speaker 2: Well, the DOI is saying we gave her the information when she asked for it. So she goes and tours the drained pool and says, what the hell? This doesn't look like one area that's been vandalized. This looks like widespread, extensive damage from a faulty installation process. So she asks for more information and then her theory is confirmed when she gets set information.
Speaker 1: Ropes, why would they withhold the.
Speaker 2: Information because it didn't fall in line with the president's explanation?
Speaker 1: They let her file charges against the guy?
Speaker 3: Had it stuff bolstered the president's assertion?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is maybe this is a bigger Maybe it is a bigger situe with Robes. They withheld this that is her accusation, that.
Speaker 3: Is her accusation.
Speaker 1: Where does this go? How long does Janine Pirou last robes? We They've known each other a long long.
Speaker 2: Time, and she's been a huge advocate for President Trump.
Speaker 1: She was on Fox News every single show.
Speaker 2: Constantly supporting him, bolstering his point of view. So, yes, he gave her this very prestigious appointment as US Attorney for the District of Columbia.
Speaker 3: And now this is probably what is this.
Speaker 2: The big her big first case basically that she's in front of in a in like this has certainly been his big issue, and so she's now the face of it. She's now going to be prosecuting it. And look, I keep thinking of Pam Bondi. He wanted her to go after certain people who he felt like. I think the accusation is that he felt like when after him, when she didn't do things or didn't move as quickly as he would like her to have moved in terms of prosecuting his perceived political enemies, she was cast aside. And now Todd Blanche is there trying to get confirmed this week because he is willing to do the president's bidding. Ginine Piro just proved that she's not.
Speaker 1: Well ros it she does, she legally can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would say that Pam Bondi probably felt very similarly.
Speaker 1: She legally can't do anything, so they'll know if she will survive this one. But you mentioned Bondi, we mentioned Christy No, we mentioned Tulsi Gabbert and talking earlier, these are three really high profile women that were in his cabinet that are out of a job. I know Tulsi Gabbert resigned, but hope.
Speaker 3: Lots of people resign because they have to.
Speaker 1: It's just to see him going at it again publicly with another woman, a high profile a woman as a part of his team is something. We'll see how long this lasts, how long she lasts and if this maybe just fades away. But the pool ain't fixed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but it's going to be and it's going to be perfect. It's going to be the most beautiful reflecting pool you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: American flag, blue environment.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we will stay tuned on this one. Also, you can just follow President Trump's truth social post and you'll know in real time as well. But in the meantime, we always appreciate you listening to us.
Speaker 3: Everyone. I made me roboch alongside TJ. Holmes. We'll talk soon.