Speaker 1: I'm Teddy Mellencamp and this is Emily Simpson and you're listening to popping Off.
Speaker 2: We can't be grateful enough that we get to recap the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives, and this episode we're recapping episode three. But before we even get into that, we need to discuss something.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it? Something that has to do with their Instagram posts?
Speaker 2: No, that's we do need to discuss that as well. But the first thing that I need to discuss is that Jennifer Affleck akay whatever her husband's name is Affleck is not related to Ben Affleck.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, I sent you that, didn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Other people send it to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean everyone and their mother sent it to me like the second it went out. Because this entire season, she's the only one that gets the last name. They claim that their second cousins, Like they are doubling down on this, Like I assume they had like a twenty three and meters confirming it.
Speaker 1: The sluts went back, they went back to like like nine generations or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there is absolutely no relation, no, none, zero.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is gonna surprise Jen Affleck? Jen Affleck?
Speaker 2: Like do you think that was part of the reason why she married.
Speaker 1: Is his name Zach? I think it's yeah, it's Zach I. I think that was definitely. I mean, it wasn't his hair that was the turn on, so it had to be the last name.
Speaker 2: But like, how would you feel if you were lied to? Like what is the point of lying about that? You could just say, like, maybe we're related Affleck isn't a common name whatever it may be, But no, they were related.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I would have a hard time saying something like that and publicly disseminating it without doing some actual background research to back it up. Without doing that's like me being like, yeah, Jessica Simpson and I, you know, cousins, second cousins, Yeah, once removed, But hey, we're related, you know, have we figured it out? All we need to know is that we have the same last name, and we're good to go. Right, I'm going to request from now on on Orange County that they put Emily Simpson at the bottom.
Speaker 2: And then a little picture of Jessica next to it, just like a picture of her Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't, it's too good.
Speaker 2: So that was one of the things that we learned during the break, and then we also learned who is essentially trending the most at this point in time. Their Instagram growth in the past ten days has been the following the low I'm actually surprised by this because normally when you're hated or you're the villain or whatever phrase you want to use, you get a lot of followers. But the lowest on the following count is Whitney at fifty nine thousand followers in ten days.
Speaker 1: That's still huge. That's still, I mean, a hell of a lot more than we're getting. That's what's wrong with the people out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then Layla gets one hundred and one thousand, Mikayla one hundred and sixteen thousand, Jesse one hundred and twenty five thousand, Jen one hundred and thirty thousand, may See one hundred and forty thousand, to Me one hundred and seventy thousand, and Taylor one hundred and ninety three thousand followers.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, do you think, because obviously on Housewives our accounts don't grow that quickly. Do you think It's because it's Hulu and they release all the episodes at once, so when people binge them, they get more invested as opposed to like a weekly Well that's what I was thinking, Like you into someone's life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Because I'm trying to think, like on Housewives, you kind of what do you get like eleven thousand people following you a week about I think it's like ten to eleven thousand at the beginning.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it is when you're.
Speaker 2: A long time long time I'm standing out with wife because I wasn't one, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think it slows down as you get more followers and you've been on longer. But like I think mine's only grown maybe like forty thousand since the show's been airing. What yeah, I mean just since this season. Oh this season. I was like, yeah, yeah, that seems off.
Speaker 2: But I think also, I think people are seeing so much about the show that then they go and binge it, and so it's not necessarily by episode, it's by when they decide to watch, because I don't know, I mean, unless you're a complete lunatic, you're not watching one episode and.
Speaker 1: Then waiting a week to watch the next one, right, You're watching all eight at once. That's what I was saying. Maybe that's why there their social media grows so quickly because people actually sit and binge the whole thing. Also, I mean, I can't even look at Instagram without seeing eight billion reels with these girls like they are. They are everywhere. No, it's impossible not to see them.
Speaker 2: I mean, and it's if I tried not to see the then you send.
Speaker 1: It to me so that if I haven't already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean between the Whitney one with a ping pong flinging out of her vi jaj to then the one of her doing a backflip and farting Like I mean, if I have to do those things to get my Instagram to grow more than one thousand, six hundred and fifty nine in the past fourteen days, I am willing.
Speaker 1: You would do a golf ball or a ping pong ball shooting out of your vagina. Well, I draw the line at that. I just I wouldn't do it. I mean, I definitely wouldn't do it with Edwin. Right if I went to Shane and I was like, look, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna make it real. Okay, you go get a golf club. Now you're just gonna shoot the ping pong ball into my vagina and then my vagina's gonna shoot it out at you. Okay, he would he would think I was insane. He would get in his car and he would drive away. Yeah, like I but here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I think we can show to one another's house and do it together and that would be all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he would he talked to me for like a week. If he saw that, he'd be like, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: And Teddy, you're seriously Jorman's do it?
Speaker 1: Then we could, we could do the fartwood that Whitney just did.
Speaker 2: That one kind of grows me out even more than the ping pong because at least the ping pong, I would have to assume there was some sort of machine in there that flung that ping pong out like it didn't actually go in her vagina.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it's it's a lot. It's really a lot to keep going.
Speaker 2: As I mean, compared to the reels that you create with Shane, where you're like date night and you like change.
Speaker 1: Your outfit and yeah, stays in the same.
Speaker 2: To get a ping pong to allegedly fly out of your vagina, Hale has to take some effort.
Speaker 1: There's no way I can only get him to make that reel because he didn't have to change his outfit. Do you understand? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So episode three starts with Mikayla and Macy inviting Whitney over so they can discuss the baby shower drama. Whitney didn't think she needed to let Taylor know beforehand that she wouldn't be coming. Mikayla thinks Whitney purposefully didn't send the text because she wanted the attention to be on her. She wants to be the leader of mom Talk, which is confirmed because we just saw the most recent promo where they all say what they are and at the end is Whitney and she's like, and I am the leader. But here's the thing, Whitney, this is why the people are on your ass. You know, damn well, not showing up a big filmed event was going to be a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, So you're saying it was very methodical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she knew that it was going to be talked about. She knew that it would create another storyline. I mean, I don't think these girls have never watched reality television before, and if they're committing this much time to their tiktoks. Imagine the research and whatnot they're putting into before filming this television shock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're saying the forethought that goes into it. But here's the thing, though, don't I mean, you don't want to miss big group events because then you don't have camera time. And I feel like Whitney wants camera time. So that's why it's surprising. But then she got like four or five scenes talking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which is more than she would have gotten in the group. What would she have done in the group. Came in in a very awkward dress and a very fluffy peasant gown. Yeah, a George Washington collar or a pressy bow.
Speaker 1: Right. But yeah, so we knew this was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Then we go to Zach, not related to Ben, at Affleck's house. He just graduated from BYU. So Jen is throwing him a graduation party.
Speaker 1: Why is Jen throwing it if it's at his parents' house?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I don't It's unclear. Do I live with his parents? Maybe? I don't know. I don't know if I figured that out. And why does Jen act she's the bread winner when he has parents and his dad's a surgeon. Oh well, you didn't see these tiktoks.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have no idea of this is actual, actually factual. But according to TikTok, this is the case.
Speaker 1: It's that his.
Speaker 2: Parents gave him a big chunk of money and he squandered it all allegedly amambling.
Speaker 1: Right, So now all.
Speaker 2: Of their financials have to come from Jen, not Lopez.
Speaker 1: Affleck right, Jennifer Lynn, Jennifer Lynn. Correct.
Speaker 2: So Zach's plan is to go to medical school, as all the other men and his family have done before him. He makes a comment that he hopes Jen's friends will behave at the party. I actually hate when people say this.
Speaker 1: You mean, like when men are like, oh, I hope your friends behave. Yeah, then don't invite just my friends to your party. Well I'm sure he probably didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Right, But if your wife is the breadwinner and she's the one on this show and she's making more money and she's about to put your ass in med school, suck it up with the one friend that drinks a flask in the in the hot top and then jacuzzi.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean it could be worse.
Speaker 2: I mean, these some of these chicks have been doing ketamine, like let them.
Speaker 1: You didn't see that?
Speaker 2: No, I was like, what, Yeah, they've done the ketymine treatments.
Speaker 1: But oh, wait, are you talking about when they got botox? No, that's when they had laughing gas.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know what ketymine is. I'm not a drug addict. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ketamine is the drug that you can go to with a doctor and they give you the medication whatever. It's like a I think a dog tranquilizer and a horse tranquilizer.
Speaker 1: But what it's supposed to do. It's supposed to like rewire.
Speaker 2: Your brain to help you get rid of you know, if you have anxiety or depression or whatever it may be. I'm not a doctor, so I'm just saying what I've heard, and it's supposed to like help reconnect parts in your brain however you can if you don't do it with a doctor.
Speaker 1: It is like very addictive. It's what.
Speaker 2: Matthew Perry died from overdosing on oh okay, because he was going to a doctor to get it, and then they started giving it to him on his own and he started giving himself his own dosage. And it's like very very strong and lethal, and like should if you are doing it for medical reasons, it should be accompanied with a doctor. The doctor okay, And it's like an IV and that whole thing. But I digress. They have a soda station at the party, which is how Mormons usually get their caffeine. Instead of coffee shops, they have soda shops.
Speaker 1: What would be your order? Like? Would it be an intense one? I don't know, but you know when I hear them order and they talk about how they would add like the coconut and the passion fruit or whatever, and then they put like the cream at the end, that sounds really good.
Speaker 2: It does sound really good. But this week, at this past week at the horse show, I saw that there was it wasn't met for uh sodas. It was meant for snow cones. But I was like, can I have a squirret a cherry and my diet coke? And they said no, no, but they said yes, but they charged me a dollar for it.
Speaker 1: I was like for one squirt of sugar juice? Well, I mean, what denomination would you like to be charged? Do you have quarters on you? Most people don't have change?
Speaker 2: Well, I paid it with a credit card like everyone, I mean, who carries cash?
Speaker 1: Like, are you an animal? That's why they had to make it a dollar, because what do you have to do charge fifty cents on your amax?
Speaker 2: Well, it's in addition to the diet coke, which was two dollars, so then it should be two dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 1: But a full dollar for one pump? My god, do you sound like Shane who won't get like the wet burrito because they charge an extra dollar to smother it. So he says, no, what is a wet burrito? Like when they smother the burrito at the end, he gets mad that they charge a dollar to like smother it, so he gets all they smothering with sour cream, No, with just like the green enchilada sauce. But he doesn't want to pay. Ye, I don't know, like wherever he goes his burrito place Baha Fresh, I don't know, maybe, but he won't do it because he doesn't want to pay the extra dollar.
Speaker 2: I mean it's I mean, that's pricey just to take go like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys don't make any sense to me, but you're like and someonem in thousands of dollars on horses, but I ain't paying a dollar for a squoret of flavor.
Speaker 2: Correct, I didn't do it again, I didn't make that. I enjoyed it, but I'm not going to make that mistake twice. Jin's mom arrives at the party, and Jin gives us some family background. Her mom comes from Ecuador and she is not wealthy. She's the cleaning lady at the same hospital that Zach's dad is a heart surgeon at. She's felt judged by her in laws before because she grew up in a completely different environment. And then the topic of drinking alcohol comes up at the dinner table. Andy thinks she, Mason, and Jen are the most devout of the entire group. Putting coffee into your body is a no go. But slurp up four hundred and eighty seven grams of sugar and your sodas and your.
Speaker 1: Tests which also has caffeine. I never understood this. I have actually asked Shane this because Shane has never had coffee or tea because of the caffeine. But he gets his damn big gulp every morning. Like, make it make sense. How much is his big gulp? Do you think I don't know. You mean, how much does it cost?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the swig, so it's three dollars for soda with half and half peach and vanilla, so it's only three dollars. That's less than Starbucks. It is no wonder they're drinking sodas. They're saving money because they're the bread winners. But how many swigs are being sold a day for all these businesses to be staying running at three bucks a pop with all those squirts, I don't know. Well anyhow, then Tailors will about to leave the party early, and she makes an effort to say goodbye to Whitney before she goes. Taylor suggests they talk in person if there are any issues, and Whitney isn't even pretending like she wants to make an effort.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, no, I'd rather not.
Speaker 2: No, Whitney doesn't want to have a conversation with Taylor because when she's vulnerable in the past, Taylor's taken advantage of that.
Speaker 1: I'm confused, like such like when I know I need a context or an example or something, because honestly, Taylor doesn't give me that vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Taylor doesn't give me I mean granted, we may know a new tailor at this point, but Taylor doesn't.
Speaker 1: Give me like mean girl vibes. No, not take advantage vibes. Whitney does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Whitney seems more like she's looking for things to be upset with other people about or judge on when it's like.
Speaker 1: You know, Taylor's I feel like Taylor's just trying to get through her shit.
Speaker 2: She's like, listen, Dakota is a shit show on pre I can't get in the jacuzzi, I can't drink, I can't swing, things are left around you.
Speaker 1: Dacota eats his boogers.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't and uh yeah, every time I see to code, I have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Whitney tells Macy the difference between herself and Taylor is if Taylor didn't attend Whitney's baby shower, she would have called her ride.
Speaker 1: After Taylor didn't do that. Wait, Whitney tells Macey, Oh, oh, so Whitney's putting the burden on Taylor now that Taylor should have called her and said, why weren't you at my baby shower? Well, Leanne already called her. Why does Taylor need to do it? I don't know she wants the whole family to call.
Speaker 2: Like, who do you want us to call? Whitney? Why didn't Whitney can't come on? But what does it say in Mormonism about being an emotional vampire? Because I feel like that's what Whitney is.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's actually in the doctrine anywhere, like the words emotional vampire, but I feel like I know what that's like. There's someone that I had to deal with for four months that I feel like is an emotional vampire. Whack a doodle, whack a doodle, whack a doodle.
Speaker 2: I feel like Whitney might be a touch of a whack a doodle. I feel like you're very Mormon with those ice drinks that you always have.
Speaker 1: It's because I can't. It's all I could find in the refrigerator and I need to have some refreshment while I talk to you. I know, I like to have a multiple things get very parched me too.
Speaker 2: I have to have a million SIPs. Then everyone gets into the hot tub. Jesse's husband Jordan, pulls out a flask. This causes controversy considering they're in a Mormon household and drinking alcohols.
Speaker 1: Against the beliefs. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it.
Speaker 1: It really depends on the situation.
Speaker 2: Like I have Mormon friends or people that work with me that are Lds, and I kind of know where they stand on stuff, like they're not going to be Like I've stayed at their houses and I've brought my own coffee.
Speaker 1: Would you drink at their house if you knew that they didn't drink and that they didn't like alcohol, would you drink alcohol at their house? I think I've had a glass of wine before at somebody's house. Did you ask?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, because they have said, we don't care if other people drink. It's just not something we do, right, But like I wouldn't drink Like so my mother in law is like very very Christian and doesn't believe in alcohol or like dressing up for Halloween, like it's very very intense. I don't drink at her house, like I know her stance on it is no alcohol for anyone ever, and it would cause a problem in our relationship if I were to have a drink. So I think there's a difference, Like if somebody's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, do it, you do you? We just don't have it bring a bottle of wine to dinner. Yeah, well, I think my question is with the hot tub, do you think they just did it because they knew they were on cameras. So they're trying to be rebellious, like they want to be known as Mormons because it's controversial. It's a thing to throw out there, like we're Mormons, were Mormons. But then they want to rebel against Mormonism. So any opportunity they get to rebel, I feel like they take it.
Speaker 2: But also, who enjoys drinking something out of a flask?
Speaker 1: Not me in a hot tub. I don't want to drink alcohol in a hot tub. I feel like that's gross, like it gets all heated up.
Speaker 2: No, and if I was going to drink something, it needed to be like a frozen margarita deliciousness, not a hot flask that was like sitting by the bubbles.
Speaker 1: That was in somebody's pocket sick.
Speaker 2: I never feel the need to drink bad enough that I would drink out.
Speaker 1: Of a flask. No. But the rest of the mom Talk.
Speaker 2: Crew gives them side eye, and Jenna's upset about it. She feels like Jesse and Jordan are disrespecting them.
Speaker 1: Was Jenn even in this hot tub, or she was just spye from the side. I don't know, I don't think so, yeah, she was spying.
Speaker 2: Then Jesse and Jordan joke that Jen and Zach needs shots and openly takes swigs of vodka in front of the others. So hot tub time is over pretty quickly. But messy Jesse is I like her. She's really growing on me.
Speaker 1: Messy Jesse. Yeah, Messy Jesse. I'm still I feel like they need to show me a little more of her relationship with Jordan. I was just gonna say the same thing. I feel like that was the only scene where we even see Jordan in the hot tub, right, because I can't remember him unless maybe he's like in the background somewhere, But there really isn't anything where it shows their relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of the girls Impress have said that their personal stories were cut, so maybe Jesse and Jordan just didn't give us enough drama in their personal lives, so that's why we didn't get to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean it was a lot in the eight episode, so I get it. They probably had to cut out a lot of the personal things and just focus more on the group dynamic and the whole mom talk thing. So obviously the show is going to get another season, so I assume maybe that's when they delve more into personal stories. And I don't mean to brag, but Jesse followed me on Instagram? Did she follow you? Probably not? I don't know. I'll love Can you just look real quick you? Oh my gosh, we have to confirm this right now. Yeah, I need to know now. Okay, she does not follow me? Oh did you follow her first? Though? No? So she so she followed you on prompted she.
Speaker 2: Followed me because our pods are tagged in Secret Lives on Hulu like that Instagram.
Speaker 1: So I think I probably said something.
Speaker 2: Nice about her and she was like, oh, or she saw that I just got extensions and she was like, I want to do her extension. Like there's some reason, but I do feel like we could be friends with Jessie.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna DM her.
Speaker 2: Apparently I commented under a Secret Lives post, so she saw me. There.
Speaker 1: See that's what it is. You're out there all over the place commenting. I can't even find the girl's Instagram.
Speaker 2: Ashamed to do it, but then may see Whitney, Mchaela, and Jen are all at a rejuvenation center getting botox. Macy's going to take the laughing gas when she gets her injections because it's getting high for free. This isn't quotes and not against the rules.
Speaker 1: How is that? How? I don't think. I feel like they just make their own rules.
Speaker 2: Listen, if putting botchulism in your face and uh, huffing gas isn't against the rules, and neither is bed jumping. Because we just saw on Instagram about a girl who got.
Speaker 1: The like it was soaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she said she was the one doing bed jumping. She goes, oh, what, she jumped on the bed. She jumped on the bed so the other people could soak. But it's like where I need to see like a list of actual rules, Like I don't want things to be left to interpretation.
Speaker 1: I want to see them. These are these are all loopholes. Yeah, and we can work through every single one of these rules. I mean, here's the thing they're saying that laughing gas or boto isn't isn't ruled out because there isn't anything in the doctrine that actually lists specifically laughing gas and botox. Right, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, is there anything that says anything about OnlyFans, like who's updating this this start this doctrine, Like the doctrine needs to be updated with new trends exactly because your middriff on your social media or your social media.
Speaker 1: Are you allowed to shoot ping pong balls out of your vagina? That's the real question. And she said she's the most devout right.
Speaker 2: But then Mikaela tries laughing gas for the first time, and it seems like she's having the time of her life.
Speaker 1: She probably is.
Speaker 2: Whitney admits that people come for the botox and the laughing gas, especially this mom talk group. I gotta tell you, like it was the first time I was like pissed at my doctor's Like she's never off for me this shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree. I've gotten botox since I was thirty two. I'm now forty eight, so not one time have I ever been offered laughing gas. When I got botox, I just I just get a filler. I don't even killer. They don't offer shit. No, I don't even get numb. I'm just like shoot it in. It's fine.
Speaker 2: I can take me to the ice pack, and I'll just have bumps all over my face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I leave here, I'll just hold myself together like this as I leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I was offended that nobody's ever offered me laughing gas, and then thought, maybe I need my next botox.
Speaker 1: Treatment is going to need to be in Utah, I think, so we need to get swig in botox, A swig in botox in a flask, apparently.
Speaker 2: And then in the LDS religion, this is the next sentence, which is my favorite part. And the LDS religion, your body is seen as a temple, so you're only meant to put clean.
Speaker 1: Things in it, right, botox.
Speaker 2: That's why it's surprising they don't hold a clear stance against plast stick surgery as far as the girls know. Jen tells this small group of girls about Luca's baby blessing this week. I'm like, you're having another party. You just had one that was a different party that was for graduation.
Speaker 1: Right now they're doing a baby blessing. I actually had a baby blessing for Annabelle. Was it in your living room like that? No? Was it all the man all the men? Yes? No, But it was at the church. I thought it was going to be at the church, and then it was. But then I realized they can't film at the church. No, you can't film at the church. So yeah, that's why they did it in the living room.
Speaker 2: So then they did in the living room. And then they just leave all the women out. They're not allowed to pray over the baby, just so it was the men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't do it for my boys, but we did it for Annabel. I don't know if it really helped. She's still quite rambuncious and a pain in my ass.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Well, the hypocrisy of what you can and cannot put in your body is this unspoken storyline is probably one of my favorite parts because like I just keep like a running scroll of like all the things I'm like, botox okay, laughing gas okay, yeah, Ketamine okay, one glass of red wine a month not okay, not okay.
Speaker 1: Coffee absently okay, diet coke okay.
Speaker 2: A penis but not thrusting that's fine, fine, yes, thrusting penis.
Speaker 1: No having sex when you're sixteen to twenty one year old and having a baby. It's fine if you're married. If you're married, just get married, not ever having an orgasm. Totally fine, no problem.
Speaker 2: But then Demi is getting her hair done by Jesse at jay z Styles Macy.
Speaker 1: You said it wrong. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Jes Styles Macy spilled the beans to to me that she may not be invited to Luca's baby blessing, but invited all the girls from nom talk two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Then they did a flashback, yes and she did. She did, which is why they're confused. So Demmy decides to FaceTime Jen to get a direct answer.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised Jin didn't cave in this moment.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: She's really scared of Zach because she's, like Zach said, he didn't feel the need to invite a ton of people he wasn't close with. Zach doesn't see to me Jesse, Layla, and Taylor as strong members of the church.
Speaker 1: But this is coming from a guy who squandered all his money gambling. Make it makes sense. It's never going to make sense.
Speaker 2: And then Demi and Jesse had a date and time of the blessing and their calendar, so they were invited. Originally, the question is are they uninvited because they're not good enough Mormons?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, right, that's it according to Zach.
Speaker 2: According to Zach who Zach is, apparently.
Speaker 1: The squandered all of his inheritance by gambling.
Speaker 2: But really verbally is inappropriate to his wife for what we've seen on the text. But then Demi's hosting a Gallantine's Day party at her house. She's stolen her bra getting ready when the girls start to arrive. She thought she told everyone to arrive at seven thirty, but it was seven. She's having her husband put together a charcuterie board. I want to think of the amount of times that I've gotten ready upstairs and been like Edwin goes set up for the party downstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please go make a charcuterie board.
Speaker 2: If I even said the word Charcuterie'd be like, what are you talking about? Right to like knowing how to unwrap the salami and cut it and add different cheeses and put it in Like I mean, could Shane do that?
Speaker 1: No, Shane drives the In and Out and gets a burger. That's all he could do. I would have to be like Shane, go to In and Out and get twenty double doubles and fries, and that would be my charcuterie board.
Speaker 2: Whitney Mason, michaela are together getting ready for the party. Whitney mocks to me and they all talk shit because they think she is a nine out of ten on the Mormon scale.
Speaker 1: Is that good? Yeah? That's good?
Speaker 2: Right, one would think nine out of ten. Like if somebody rated my like appearance in nine, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, I would take a nine, like a six is not good. I mean, she thinks she's a good Mormon, but I don't hold on.
Speaker 2: She thinks herself, Oh oh, she raided herself.
Speaker 1: She rated herself.
Speaker 2: So why do they get the judge what level of Mormonism their friends are and can they really judge, especially when we know what the ping pongs and the dil do's and the.
Speaker 1: Right I mean, I feel like Whitney just sneeze it back out of this conversation. When you have a ping pong shooting out of your vagina, even if it was a fake simulation, I just feel like you have no authority at that point. Your credibility is gone. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Please don't if you're holding without simulator and near your vagina to make it look like a pink pong came out, like your authority on what is a good Mormon is absolutely gone.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, take a seat.
Speaker 2: But then Whitney and Macy tell Mikaela about the fruity cereal story, which, even though I have gotten down this rabbit hole and watched a million things about it, I have to say I don't fully understand.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it either. I looked it up like an urban legend kind of thing, but that didn't even make any sense. It had something to do with raspberries. I was like, wait, I don't even think that's right. So okay, the only thing I can think is like, does the does the cereal stick to her vagina? Well?
Speaker 2: I didn't know if it sticked to her vagina or if it had something to do with his butt.
Speaker 1: Fruity cereal sex. Okay, Whitney tried, but Whitty tries to reenact it and she stands over Macy's face. Right, so it must have been on Demmosa had fruity pebbles on her vagina and then she sat on his face. So okay.
Speaker 2: So this is according to Bech's dot com, So obviously crodabas authority, can you actually change the taste of your vagina? Breaking down to me's fruity pebbles sex story. If I was in the room when Demi Ingeman told her sexy fruity secret pebbles story to Macy and RSV dance queen Whitney Levitt, my response would probably have been, how dare you say something so controversial yet so brave? I would have done a much better job dropping enough tactful, yet thinly veiled clues for desperate Americans to understand what the kind of allegedly freaky shit happened with my bestie and.
Speaker 1: Her husband the fruity cereal?
Speaker 2: Is it allegedly and not so Mormon sex practice that Demi and Brett partook in involving colorful cereal?
Speaker 1: According to Macy's memory.
Speaker 2: This like, see what I'm saying, it's I guess you put it on your vagina and then it tastes better, and.
Speaker 1: Then you just see it with those wipes. But then I saw an eat the cereal. It's cereal. Ugh oh.
Speaker 2: A trend where a woman could insert fruity pebbles inside her huha for a man to eat out like he's hungry for the most important meal of the day.
Speaker 1: Now my stomach just turned. Thank you for that. But either way. Whitney then decides it's a how do you get a bunch of cereal in your vagina? Hall, I don't know. You just laid down, you spread your legs and you pour it. It would just fall into yours. I would have to in I would have to use a funnel like I laid down. Important.
Speaker 2: No, I would have to take one little thing and stick it in one by one.
Speaker 1: We have a very small vagina.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, I do, like, there's no way I could be pouring anything in there.
Speaker 1: I said, I would have to take it get a funnel out of the garage.
Speaker 2: Well that was after I pointed out that I couldn't just pour cereal box.
Speaker 1: Then I had to I had to rethink it logistically.
Speaker 2: After this point in time, they decided it's a good idea to gift this to her for Gallantine's Day.
Speaker 1: I'll never look at Fruity Pebble's the same again.
Speaker 2: But then everyone finally is at Demi's party for Gallentine's Day. Macy asked the entire group if she'll see them Sunday for Luca's baby blessing, but half the girls obviously aren't invited. Things get awkward Layla says they're not invited because they're the sinners. Then to Me finally shows up to her own party at seven forty five, Macy, Mchael, and Whitney are sitting in a corner while the mom Talk girls helped Demi set out presents. They joke that they're the mean girls and the plastics of the group, the non sinners are the mean girls. Supposedly, Whitney decides this is the moment to give to me her gift. Demi opens the present in front of the other mom taught girls and they all laugh, but she doesn't.
Speaker 1: That part made no sense to me. I love this is classic. I love how she does something shitty to someone. That person is mad because she did something shitty to them, and she's mad at that person because they're mad at her, and she leave the party early. Yeah, she's furious. She get pissed. She's like so mad like that to me, didn't think her gift was funny or whatever, and so she gets mad and she leaves.
Speaker 2: She twists everything, she finds a way to twist it up. She should work at Auntie Anne's. Get her shit like this lady. I don't know, but she's I mean she does kind of win me over sometimes.
Speaker 1: Because I do find her to be good TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like she gets a pass because what else would they have done. We would have talked about what shirting at being in the bra But then the sinners, Demi, Taylor, and Jesse and Layla go bowling the same day of the baby blessing since they weren't invited. Meanwhile, the rest of the girls the Saints are at Luca's baby blessing. I would rather be bowling. I would actually rather be anywhere than that baby blessing because it was awkward and like, I think on the couch it had, you know when you like go to your grandma's and it's like got plastic over it was.
Speaker 1: There a plastic couch. I don't know that was the vibe though, the vibe I was getting.
Speaker 2: And then Zach and his male family members and his close friends are the ones who do the blessing. Women don't partake in the blessing because it's the men who carry the priesthood in the church.
Speaker 1: And then Macy mentions.
Speaker 2: Her birthday trip because there's no better time to plan a birthday trip than when everybody's fighting and separated.
Speaker 1: It's perfect. It's perfect timing.
Speaker 2: Everyone's nervous about it since there's an obvious divide in the group and there's bound to be drama when they spend a whole weekend together.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: And that wraps episode three, so make sure you guys keep tuning in to Popping Off and we will recap episode four for you next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Thanks guys for listening. We appreciate it.