Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty sow this Epstein story. Is it finally over?
Speaker 4: It might be finally over for for any reporting of mainstream news.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 5: The hardcore conspiracy theorists are are fired up by the latest moves, so they're not done.
Speaker 2: And it's driven a lot by the q Andon crowd.
Speaker 4: The two things being there are a whole bunch of politicians, the Obama's, the Clinton's, Hollywood stars who are involved in child sex trafficking, and that there are hundreds of thousands of kids that are being child sex traffic with the help of big powerful people, and it's being all tied to Jeffrey Epstein. It's being covered up. And then you got all the remember the Panda eyes thing. I mean, it's just there's lots of well and it.
Speaker 5: Used to be Democrats. Democrats are doing all this well. Now it's the Trump administration as well. Based on the last announcement.
Speaker 4: I personally know a number of people who were excited about Trump getting elected because finally this will come forward. All this information will come out about the child sex trafficking, and then people are very disappointed that cash Ptel with the FBI and Trump and Pam Bondi, the Attorney General and others are covering it up or whatever. Anyway, So Trump has a cabinet meeting yesterday with all his secretaries and starts taking questions and answers questions for damn near two hours. Man, Joe Biden didn't answer questions that much total in four years of presidency. But somebody asked about Epstein.
Speaker 2: Here it goes your.
Speaker 6: Memo and Relissia James.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey Epstein less leader in this reas.
Speaker 6: One of the biggest ones is whether he ever works for an American for foreign intelligence agency. So could you resolve whether or not you did? And also can you see why there was a minute to scene from jail house team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sir, just interested. Are you still talking about Jeffrey Epstein? This guy's been talked about for years. You're asking, we have Texas, we have this, we have all of the things, and are people still talking about this guy that's created that is unbelievable? Right?
Speaker 4: So the whole was Jeffrey Epstein involved in one of our intelligence services because there's belief that he's tied in with the Mascade, and that's the leverage that netan Yahoo has over Trump because Epstein blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Here's a little more from Trump in that same press conference.
Speaker 8: Do you want to waste the time and do you feel like answered?
Speaker 7: I don't mind answering.
Speaker 8: I mean, I can't believe you're asking a question at Epstein at a time like this where we're having some of the greatest success and also tragedy with what happened in Texas.
Speaker 7: It just seems like a desecration.
Speaker 8: But you go ahead.
Speaker 4: To some people that was proof that Trump is on the list, the supposed Epstein list, and is now trying to cover that up. Yeah, we got a couple of emails from folks saying I'm losing confidence with this administration.
Speaker 5: The gas lighting continues, just like under Biden. Here's a gal who thinks Netnahuo nominated Trump for the Nobel Prize because the Masad and CIA used Epstein, the blackmail politicians, et cetera, et cetera. Thousands of children have been children been trafficked, and Bongino, Patel and Bondi are obeying orders from Trump, and obviously Trump is.
Speaker 2: In on the cover up. According to this emailer, Wow, that's quite the conspiracy.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Bondi, Pambondi, the Attorney General, she was asked about so, first, you spent a lot of time talking about this list and it was on your desk and you're going to release it. Then the big announcement over the weekend was there is no list anyway, here's Pam Bondy sure.
Speaker 1: Sure. First to back up on that, in February, I did an interview on Fox and it's been getting a lot of attention because I said, I was asked a question about the client list, and my response was it's sitting on my desk to be reviewed, meaning the file along with the JFK MLK files as well.
Speaker 7: That's what I meant by that.
Speaker 5: Okay, so not the list specifically, it I mean, well, it's the imprecise answer to the question.
Speaker 2: It's not out, it's not totally crazy to me. Well, let's hear more from her.
Speaker 1: Also, to the tens of thousands of video they turned out to be child porn downloaded by that disgusting Jeffrey Epstein. Child porn is what they were never going to be released, never going to see the lighted day to him being an agent.
Speaker 7: I have no knowledge about that. We can get back to you on that.
Speaker 4: I wish she hadn't said that at the end. I mean, that's true, they have no knowledge of that, but it's not a thing. There's no evidence whatsoever that Jeffrey Epstein was involved in any high level intelligence agencies would have been a bet everything.
Speaker 5: To say I was just reading a piece in Axios that was super interesting about this shadowy CIA character who was dealing with Lee, Harvey Oswald and other pro castro activists way back in the day. Bears no light whatsoever on the assassination of Kennedy. But the one thing it does make clear is the CIA will do what it wants, and it will say whatever it wants in response to questions, even from on high. They have throughout their history lied like crazy to preserve you know, mission.
Speaker 4: Secrecy, and at every point in our history, probably including now, we all think well that was the old base. Now they don't do that sort of thing, right, Which is not to say we're leaping at some sort of you know, a nutty conclusion about Jeffrey Epstein and the rest of it. But I understand why people have their suspicions. Well, that was interesting. I didn't I don't remember hearing that Jeffrey Epsteam had so he had thousands of hours of child porn. Really, I didn't know that that was part of his whole deal. Well, we did know that it was, you know, under the age of eighteen. So if you're calling that child porn, I guess, and that's technically accurate. Here's more from Pambondi and.
Speaker 7: The minute missing from the video.
Speaker 1: We released the video showing definitively the video was not conclusive, but the evidence prior to it was showing he committed suicide.
Speaker 7: And what was on that there was a minute that was off the counter.
Speaker 1: And what we learned from euron Prisons was every year, every night they redo that videos old from like nineteen ninety nine, So every night the video is reset and every night should have the same minute missing. So we're looking for that video to release that as well, showing that a minute is missing every night and that's it.
Speaker 7: Hot.
Speaker 4: So there's a missing minute of footage from overnight of the jail cell. She's saying that that's the way the camera works because they reset it. That's a bad system, or you have a full minute of no cameras every night.
Speaker 5: But well, I'm trying to remember the system from nineteen ninety nine, So what would that be some sort of you know, limited space hard drive.
Speaker 2: Probably I don't know. Yeah, I mean, like we said yesterday, you gotta admit.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's pretty damn convenient that the camera's turned off for a minute and then you come back and the guy's dead.
Speaker 2: I mean, hell, yes, Well.
Speaker 5: If I were like a fake QAnon type character online, I'd be thinking, Man, this is too easy, all this stuff.
Speaker 2: They're giving me so much to work with. It's effortless.
Speaker 4: The problem I always had he had every reason in the world to kill himself and like no reason to stay alive.
Speaker 5: Right right, I would agree, But Sadie German wrote a piece in the Wall Street Journal today that I think is pretty fair and they're too aspects to it that I thought we're worth mentioning number one. She says Pam Bondi's tendency to exaggerate is catching up on her, catching up to her. She she tries very hard to be exciting and flamboyant and very maga a la Trump but Trump has a teflon quality that other people don't get away with, and I think Pam is guilty of that probably. And they go through a couple of quotes and that ridiculous where they had a bunch of influencers show up in the White House driveway and and waived files from Epstein that turned out to be just like his rolodex, which was nothing new.
Speaker 2: There's nothing interesting to that, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: But the other aspect of this that I found interesting, just you know, looking at MAGA world, the about face on the because she had once uh promised to release quote a truckload of documents from the FBI investigation.
Speaker 4: Well, you say that sort of crap, you should pay a price for it. I mean, you can't go around saying that, right.
Speaker 5: But the about face drew a course of criticism from right wing figures, including Glenn Beck, which I found interesting. I haven't heard Glenn in ages, but I don't know, you know, the nature of what he's talking about these days. Benny Johnson, who is and Jack Pisobiak. Laura Lumer asked late Monday on X quote, how many more times is this woman going to get away with effing everything up before she is fired. So MAGA world, at least that section of it is turning on Pam BONDI well, part of it is the Epstein file has got to be.
Speaker 4: If it's in the top one thousand of priorities of things she's thinking about every day, I'd be surprised. Yeah, is this is this the whole Epstein case file list going to be something I hear about from some people for the rest of my life?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. One hundred percent. Yes, Wow, Okay, Well there you go. For what it's worth.
Speaker 5: There has been very little indication lately that Trump listens to and responds to that kind of pardon me, but whack a doodal wing of Maga. He wants their support, soft pedals, that he's gentle with them and all. But other than a couple of early appointments during the transition period, I haven't seen a lot of evidence that they're really yanking his chained the Tucker Carlson influence, for instance, Teyroan Tucker, where is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's where Do I see this article I read over the weekend about how the mainstreaming of Donald Trump, how many mainstream positions he's got right now in terms of things that he has done were set.
Speaker 2: That's weird. I heard he was the new Hitler.
Speaker 4: Back to you anyway, that's enough of that. Working on getting rid of my RBF. I want to tell you how that's coming along and maybe it can work for you. I took some suggestions.
Speaker 2: Plus, discipline in schools is making a comeback. That's great news.
Speaker 4: God, I'd say so, it's all the way stay here played for me Clip twenty one, Michael. I'm very excited about this story.
Speaker 9: The big change at American airports, the TSA saying effective immediately, all passengers will be able to keep their shoes on through security, something we haven't seen in nearly twenty years.
Speaker 2: But there is a caveat.
Speaker 9: If that scanner alarm goes off for a special screening, you will need to take those shoes off.
Speaker 4: What a dumb caveat. So here's what I haven't heard anybody ask about this, and this is what I would love to know. This is having lived through the pandemic and finding out that six feet apart was completely made up.
Speaker 2: Absolutely one percent out of whole cloth made up.
Speaker 4: So this wasn't completely made up because we did have that one dude try to set his shoes on off. But I'd like to know how long has it not been necessary for people to take their shoes off?
Speaker 2: How much good was it doing.
Speaker 4: I'd like somebody to explain that just because we all have to live under these various rules that they come up with now and then again, as we all learned through COVID.
Speaker 2: And sometimes they're just made up and there's nothing to back them up.
Speaker 4: I hope somebody comes forward with that. So I'll bet some at some point I would be not surprised to hear, Yeah, the whole taking your shoes off thing, there's no evidence that did any good, it ever stopped the terrorist attack or we knew like three years ago or fifteen years ago that this wasn't necessary. I would like to know that, right right, Yeah, because you know, having lived through six feet apart, would it be surprising do you to find that out?
Speaker 1: Not me.
Speaker 2: We got a great note.
Speaker 5: By the way from Paolo about how the forced consensus in COVID is so much like the forced consensus on climate change we're talking about.
Speaker 2: At some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you say I brought up this idea of getting read of my RBF or my rmf resting murdery face and got a pair amount of responses, not only on the text line, but in real life because if you have it, you know you have it, and it bothers you. You realize that you come off as unapproachable or off putting to people in a way that you don't want to be, particularly if you're shingle perhaps, And so I'm trying to do something about it, and I'd read this article about how you can change your resting facial expression, but it takes time. It's really like working on your posture or your golf swing or the way you play guitar, any of those things.
Speaker 2: It's like it's a muscle memory thing. It's just getting in the habit of it.
Speaker 4: And you know, like for a long time, I changed the way I played guitar way I held my pick after twenty five years of holding it the same way, and it was really really hard to do for quite a while before it became natural and normal. And that's the way I do it all the time, because you're going against all that in your brain and muscle memory and all that sort of stuff, and to hold it with your between your toes now exactly and you can do that with your face, but it takes a lot of practice, and as I pointed out yesterday and the suggestions from this article, where you got to look in the mirror to do this. But I feel like if I make a just neutral face, it feels it feels to me like I'm mediating hatred. It feels to me like I'm smiling like a lunatic. That's what it feels like in my brain, in my face to just have a neutral face, to try to get my mouth to just to turn up my lips just a little bit on the corners and not look so angry.
Speaker 2: Turn them up more. Because that face you just made, I thought that was the before, not the after. Tell out this. Yeah, oh see, I feel like you're plotting on me when you look at me like that plotting on you, Yeah, like you're up to no good.
Speaker 4: You're right, yeah, But the other face I have is like I'm going to hit you in the head with a hammer, son shilling.
Speaker 2: It's a step in the right direction either way. I'm in a defensive posture.
Speaker 10: But it's weird how it feels in my brain, like I am like, you know, people who have this giant hey, how you do it look on you. That's what it feels like in my head, just to try to get to somewhere near neutral.
Speaker 2: Well, that'll change.
Speaker 4: Like you're saying, the interesting aspect of this to me is and you kind of said it in the other direction, was that your resting facial expression is not one of those It is what it is, and there's no changing it. You absolutely can change it. Yeah, it's very much like your posture. Although, man, was there a great article in the New York Times a while back did I talk about this on the air, about how much the whole posture thing was completely made up. It's like the six feet apart or taking your shoes off of the air.
Speaker 2: It was just made up. It's like one etiquette person thought it was important to sit up straight.
Speaker 4: And somehow I caught on and became a thing for like a century before anybody looked into the fact that it doesn't really make any difference at all.
Speaker 2: If you like this, or if you said like that, that doesn't have any effect on anything.
Speaker 5: As you know, I prefer to walk along hunched over with my arms, swinging feet like an ape and just more comfortable with that the whole you know, that that whole posture Nazism, the fascism of.
Speaker 2: Standing up straight. I've had enough of it.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I noticed it as I was walking through one of the art galleries in New York. I had my hands behind my back as I strolled along, and my kids said, you look so old right now walking with your hands behind your fag.
Speaker 2: I guess it's my art gallery walk. If the orthopedic shoe fits huh so. Good news.
Speaker 4: One more idiotic woke policy is starting to be rolled back, and that has to do with school discipline. Yeah, talk about that, among other fair Hope you can stay tuned if you can't subscribe to our podcast Armstrong and Getdy on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 11: Betteran women's cyclists or accusing the sports governing body of intentionally hiding the fact that a biological male was going to be competing at the Road Racing National Championships in Wisconsin last week. That transgender cyclist Kate kJ Phillips ultimately won that race by passing the other cyclist in the final sprint to win by a single second.
Speaker 1: One hundred races against women, thousands against in group rides, sprinting against men, and I knew at that sprint that that was a man's.
Speaker 2: Sprint, big hulking dude too. Wow, just unbelieved. Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: So a woman who has participated in lots of bike rides with both men and women, could tell that was a dude.
Speaker 2: When you got passed.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, sure of course, because men are bigger and stronger, have denser bones, bigger lungs and heartst cetera, et cetera, should be competing against men. One more example of lunatic, lefty woke policies that are finally being rolled back by sanity. And we've got a couple of more, and you know that reminds me. Maybe next hour we can talk about this, the whole Memdanni trying to pass himself off as African American. You know, I've been tempted not to even talk about her, to bring it up, because I think all of that identity politics is so stupid and corrosive. And I'm like, good, you know, Hoysted, done your own petart or whatever that expression is. You know you're gonna live by that stuff, You're gonna die by it.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 5: But the depth of hypocrisy it reveals is I don't know, maybe worth touching on, but anyway, I want to get to this.
Speaker 2: She didn't claim he was black.
Speaker 4: He just he checked the box African American, knowing how it would help him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, taking advantage of how imprecise and silly that term is.
Speaker 4: But knowing that the reason it existed was to help black Sure. Yeah, yeah, but you know he's he's a scammer.
Speaker 5: Those people again, there are useful idiots who go along with some of their doctrines thinking they're doing the right thing, but at their core, like DEI, is not about diversity. It's about takeover. It's about conquest of institutions. You call something racist until you control it. Anyway, school discipline is making a comeback. Discipline policy in K through twelve public schools rode the progressive tide on race and crime in recent years. Right so the editorial board of the journal, as the Feds and states pushed therapy over suspensions and expulsions. But classroom misbehavior has surged since the COVID lockdowns, and some states are responding with changes that will benefit teachers and students. Jack, I'm sure you've got plenty of real world examples and illustrations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the term restorative justice hasn't come up yet, but that's the whole movie that swept the country for I don't know how many years, but I ran up against it with my kids a couple of different times, and I've called it the Golden Age of being a bully, which is interesting given the fact that we've had several first ladies in a row make bullying their number one cause, and there are all these anti bullying PSAs on radio that didn't used to exist when there was far less bullying, and it all happened at the same time as restorative justice, which was allowing bullies to do whatever they wanted because you blame the victim and the person who did it exactly the same way, and then there's no consequences, right, they just both.
Speaker 5: Have feelings to share, We'll share those. Failing reason, then no consequences. Well, the Texas legislature and may pass the bill. It makes it easier for teachers to remove misbehaving students from classrooms and extends the allowable time for in school suspensions. Some thirty three hundred Texas School District employees were assaulted by students in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, according to the Texas Tribune, thirty three hundred.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: And in many states around the country you don't even get in serious trouble for assaulting a teacher. I'll bet there was like a century in this country where it didn't happen. Maybe more than twice in the whole country.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Arkansas lawmakers in April passed a law that ensures students removed for violent behavior or not return to the same classroom. Legislature are also stripped from state law requirement that districts use positive behavioral support, which focuses on conflict resolution and coping skills to address student misbehavior. I mean, if you want to throw some of that stuff in with the punishment, I have no problem with that. You got a kid with anger problems, or maybe things are going sideways at home or whatever, and you want to understand that.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but you cannot remove the sanction.
Speaker 4: No, at some point, regardless of what the reason is, that kid can't go to school and beat other kids.
Speaker 5: You just can't let that go, right, exactly, have to be lines bright lines. Washington State, for the love of all that is progressive. Their superintendent state superintendent finalized rules effective this month that loosen restrictions on removing, suspending, or expelling students because the restorative justice experiment, like so many progressive policies, the best way to discredit them is to implement them.
Speaker 2: It's a miserable failure.
Speaker 4: Louisiana and Louisiana Nevada have taken similar actions, and they mentioned both those states, the state teachers union supported legislation making it easier to remove students. Yes, so their constituents being beaten on became even more important than their wild progressive pologies. I was about to say, the kids being beaten up at school and being afraid to go to school and being told that do you you have to talk to an adult, talk to adult, do not respond talk to an adult, and then the adults do effing nothing. I saw this over and over again. That's why I taught my kids. He hits you, you punch him right in the nose. And then I got yelled at by teachers for saying that you don't do anything. You don't do anything. The kids have no choice but to fight back. The whole go to an adult thing is crap.
Speaker 2: I was given the same advice check.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous anyway. I think when the teachers started getting attacked, the power of the teacher union turned into a good thing because they were able to say, hey, wait, putting up with this anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, doing what a teacher's union ought to do, not advocating for radical politics like for instance, for the UH. It's the United Auto Workers that organize the university campuses at least in cal Unicornia and some other states, and they've become just radical leftist organizations, and they use the power of the union not to get like better wages and benefits and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: No, they use the power of the union to enforce like radical leftist politics, which is just bizarre. We're on that side.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget the look on the face of the particular human being when I them. Yeah, I've told my kid if somebody punches them, to punch them right in the nose. They looked at me like I was insane, Like I don't even know how to respond to somebody would say something like you're a monster because you don't do anything here, you don't do anything well. And the kids who aren't blinded by out ideology, they do that math quickly It's about the only math they learn in public schools that, oh, I'm told not to defend myself. The authorities will take care of it. But the authorities never take care of the reverse part. The reverse parts are the bigger problem.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: The kid that's doing the punching figures out very quickly. Nobody's gonna do anything about this. I can beat up whoever the hell I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so true.
Speaker 4: All of this marks is shift away from the progressive push for therapeutic or restorative practices. The Obama administration encouraged districts it yanked him by the chain of funding to emphasize quote positive interventions over student removal. In at twenty four guidance letter warning of racial disparities in traditional discipline twenty twenty three, Biden administration Education Department advocated listening and healing and warned that suspensions and expulsions quote often disproportionately affects students of color, but soft disciplined policies have victims of their own.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 5: One district superintendent wrote in public comment, teachers are getting hit, kicked, spit on, custed out the fact that we cannot suspend these students and have to wait, in some cases weeks until we can bring parents and teammate members together to create a solution. Is leaving both teachers and administration with a feeling of helplessness.
Speaker 2: And the kids too. For good. Yeah, the kids who are not victimized.
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to say. I feel bad for the teachers. At least they're adults, so they have some way to deal with that. That's happened to all the kids on the playground too, Lots of kids who are scared to go to school because you allow that to happen, You freaking weirdos. You allow these kids to be scared to go to school because you have this strange, progressive in spite of all of human history knowledge of how this whole thing works.
Speaker 2: And so finally we started happening to you. He decided to do something about it.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad you mentioned the funding part, because that's why so many conservatives are against the Department of Education, because yes, they do control your schools locally, and that they will yank funding if you don't go along with their whack job theories.
Speaker 5: It's worth mentioning you can draw a bright line between the obotoma administration's restorative justice practices, and the Florida shooter getting away with slaughtering all those kids because he was a quote unquote minority and the school district officials were terrified of suspending him or punishing him, or especially calling the cops because that would become part of the schools to jail's pipeline that you may remember progressive folks talked about as an excuse not to ever discipline people because you put people on the wrong side of quote unquote the law, then they become prisoners because of your system racism. And that's why that Florida kid got away with so much for so long. At least one more note on this. I love this from Daniel Buck who's a former teacher. He wrote this for the Fordham Institute last year. Getting back to your point, Jack about the kids who are not victimizers are afraid to go to school. Peers of disruptive students are robbed of learning time. Given that high poverty schools struggle with the most with disciplinary challenges, keeping disruptive students in classrooms only widens the achievement gain.
Speaker 2: No kidding, boy, you gotta have a PhD to figure that out.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, folks, come you know, I happen to be wearing my armstrong and get he cut the crap T shirt. All of this stuff that defies common sense, defies all of human history. As Jack pointed out, boys playing girls sports, no negative repercussions for negative actions.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is just it's crap. It's garbage.
Speaker 4: It's woke nonsense still on society by professors who have no interest in or experience in the real world.
Speaker 2: Cut the crap.
Speaker 5: I didn't even get into my screen, which I'm anxious to get to at some point, Jack, partly for your benefit. On the death of the public library, Oh yeah, I saw that article. That is that is so oh my god.
Speaker 4: Let me just read the headline in the subhead to you one comment, then I sweir, I'll shut up.
Speaker 2: The death of the public library. This happens to be in the free press.
Speaker 5: Public libraries are in decline, not because of the Internet or because people are reading less, but because they have become defecto homeless shelters.
Speaker 4: And I when did ransient shelter's junkie shelter. I used to go to the Sacramento Public Library downtown all the time. How many years ago. Was that that I just stopped going And it wasn't. And it's exactly what that headline says. It wasn't because the internet or made it easier, different thing technology or whatever. No, I like to checking out books and CD and stuff like that, because it was years ago. That's how long ago it wasn't CDs. It became almost shelter.
Speaker 2: It's scary and disgusting to go to the library in a lot of places.
Speaker 4: And when I had kids, no way I was taking my kids to the public library in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: No freaking way.
Speaker 4: Too many scary people are You certainly can't take your five year old to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: There's two dry addics in their washing their feet. Right.
Speaker 5: So here's a question. Why wasn't this a problem twenty years ago? Housing prices? No, not housing prices policy are as a society willingness to put up with aberate behavior in the name of compassion.
Speaker 2: I was at the target last night.
Speaker 4: Took a long time to find somebody with a key to unlock the glass so my son could get his lego set that he wanted to buy.
Speaker 2: They did, well, that's because of the high price of housing.
Speaker 4: Jack, Yeah, exactly, these weren't locked up when you were little, but now they're locked up.
Speaker 2: He was getting one of those adult lego sets like a teenager would want. But uh yeah, and people just accept that. That's funny. Things didn't used to be locked up, now they're locked up. You just ignore that. You just accept that, Okay whatever.
Speaker 4: Uh, very very manning. Actually people aren't accepting it, as you can see from voting results. A bunch of different places amen to that. Stay tuned Armstrong.
Speaker 12: Heyety five years ago, my brother decided to be a vegan, and I've spent multiple Thanksgivings with him, and I one hundred percent would prefer my next Thanksgiving start with my dad walking in and saying.
Speaker 2: I'm a lady now.
Speaker 12: Then I would spending another Thanksgiving where my brother keeps asking me, is there butter in this? I'm like, there's butter in everything. Fun day was over in my apartment and I just sort of threw a granola barb at him because he looked like he was starving, and he picked it up and he just started reading the label. If there was a logo for veganism, it should be someone.
Speaker 2: At your home reading a label under problem.
Speaker 4: Vegans are intolerable. Vegetarians are fine, can be annoying. Vegans are in work. Yeah, and especially if you're evangelical, like like you're trying to spread it.
Speaker 2: You can't just be that quietly. You have to try to convince me right right.
Speaker 5: You know, it occurred to me during the break that the first thing we talked about is a perfect example of the second thing we talked about, in that insisting that teachers not punch students was called white supremacy. You know, showing up on time, working hard, not punching your teacher is white supremacy culture, and if and thereby they could change everything and take over school systems and the rest of it by that argument.
Speaker 2: But seriously, if having your teachers.
Speaker 4: Being unpunched is white supremacy, I guess I am one.
Speaker 2: I don't want any.
Speaker 5: Teachers punched anywhere, but they all only make those claims that it's racism to put you on your heels. And if minority kids are disproportionately disciplined, you got to go to root causes.
Speaker 4: And help the kids. Letting them become criminals does not help them in any way.
Speaker 2: That is racist.
Speaker 4: Got an update here, I'm looking up at the television. Barbie has just unveiled its first Barbie with type one diabetes. So Naty, I know you're a little too old for barbiees Gabe.
Speaker 2: They're trying to make one that all the kids can relate to.
Speaker 4: I think the first Barbie with type one diabetes, all right, that's a very odd story. First, the first Gi Joe with I don't know, lasoriasis. I see a lot of ads for that anxiety problems Gi Joe anxiety. I had something, but I decided I'm going to save it for the One More Thing podcast because it's so good. Wanted to mention this at a text Misshappy yesterday. I have these now and then. Maybe I'm not good at forming my texts, but I think it's part of the nature of texting. Have you ever had like one where like somebody completely misinterprets your text because it's very very difficult.
Speaker 2: To pick up tone and text and and uh and so that happens now and then.
Speaker 4: But someone I saw yesterday someone once told me you should never make absolute decisions over something communicated in a text, And I think that is a is a good one.
Speaker 2: If you're ever like, if you ever get a text and you're like, Eh, what you know? Explain more?
Speaker 4: Or I don't know how you approach it, but realize you may be misinterpreting it. Her they because one word different.
Speaker 2: Can make a huge difference on a text. Again, since you don't know the tone at all. The second I get that vibe, I pick up the phone and make the phone call.
Speaker 4: That's a good idea, right there, Yeah, clear it up quickly on the phone. Uh, yes, did you mean to when sound as insulting as that was?
Speaker 2: No, not at all. Fact, I was trying to make a joke or something. Mmm, all right, that's never happened to you never.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it has text from you, as a matter of fact, which is why I'm hesitating to comment, trying to figure out how to approach it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm just bad at it. It's possible. Maybe maybe I'm bad at it. I don't.
Speaker 5: If I thought you were, I would tell you. So We've exchanged tens of thousands of texts through the years, so I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's necessarily true. Perhaps when one is in a crazed hurry for most of one's day.
Speaker 4: That is what always, almost always is the culprit with me is like I'm doing it in my car voice, texting or whatever. And then you leave out verbs or you know, mitigating terms or stuff like that, it seems really harsh. Okay, I'll get it can come off as very you know, harsh, when that's not what you meant at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: At one point I'd written my letter of resignation and started a taco stand and sales were actually going quite well.
Speaker 2: But then I thought, no, it's a text maybe Avrikna what that far? We were already having good sales.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the chicken tacos were selling like crazy, so spicy people, Armstrong and Getty