Speaker 1: Amy and TJ presents Aubrey O Day covering the Diddy Trial.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone to Amy and TJ Presents Aubrey O Day. I'm Amy Robock alongside my partner TJ Holmes, and we have Aubrey with us to talk about what's going on with the Sean Diddy Coombs trial. And Aubrey certainly has perspective like no one else.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But we're going to get into some of the details from of course the star witness, Cassie Venturer. But can you just give me your initial impression because so many of us have heard this testimony and your jaws are dropped, But give me your impression of what we've heard so far and how she's doing. We'll get into some details, but just initial impression of how she's done.
Speaker 3: Initial impression from what I'm able to read in the transcripts and from people that I have giving the information in court is it feels very honest. It feels very open, vulnerable, horrific. Sometimes I hear her discuss things that she did then and how now she would never she understands it differently, and that makes me feel like so happy for her that she's come, you know, because I don't know her as a mom, so like to understand that she made that evolution and went to the other side of viewing all of it made me feel like really proud of her. It's horrific that it's horrific that she had to go through go through so much. You know, there was one part of the testimony that was so telling. It's not even anything anyone's really touching on, but there was a transcript that I read that went something like like, you know, I don't really or can we talk? I wanted to bring something up to you and he's like, okay, yeah, you know you don't want to do the freak out now. You so predictable. That's a very It's a statement that groomers make if you've ever dated anyone that doesn't really love you and is like abusive usually and pushing you into things. It doesn't even have to be sexual. It could be anything they want you to do. It's like almost training a child, right like, oh, you want to bring up this? You so predictable, like you just like the rest of them. And then you get that feeling as a woman to be like no, wait, I'm not I promise you then talk yourself back into an idea, same way when she was brutally abused in that hallway, him writing her, I'm about to get arrested. The police are here. They've already testified to the fact that there was no arrest and there was no police arresting him. That was to get her to come back.
Speaker 2: That control, it's.
Speaker 3: Control, coercion, it's grooming. It's all pieces of many things that make me really understand how much manipulation was involved in getting her to activate the emotions that he wanted her to project.
Speaker 2: Aubrey. So many of us who have been listening to Cassie's testimony have been shocked. I mean, we had heard like just general details about what she might say, but to actually hear her go into descriptive detail about what she says she experienced over a decade. Was there anything she said in these last several days of testimony that surprised you, that shocked you? No, Wow, What was the hardest thing to hear from her?
Speaker 3: That she felt so loved in his company, and she felt he made her feel unlike anyone else, and so she would do these things because it was the only time and chance that she got to really spend in that feeling that was That was a hard listen because I think any woman that's ever cared for somebody that may not have that ability or desire to, has pandered in one way or another, whether it's a sex party or bringing themselves down to certain levels that no woman should have to emotionally saying things, utilizing whatever tool any woman finds herself having as valuable or has been told because yet to remember, women see ourselves through the projection of men. You know, since we're young kids, since we're young girls, we're kind of groomed into these social ideas and norms. I mean, should I just turn forty one and people are saying to me, oh, so you didn't want kids, Well, I honestly, I'm just getting to age where I'm finally free from a lot of chaos and could start thinking about that. I realize that that's troubling for everybody else because it's geriatric and whatever all the titles are, But actually, yeah, I do. I've always wanted kids, but the answer has already decided for me when somebody comes to me. There's so many social norms that women just accept, and in that instance, I just know that I know what it feels like to year and after somebody that I really loves attention. And there probably were a lot of ways that I have compromised. No, let me not say probably. There are many ways that I have compromised myself. Not in the same ways as Cassie necessarily, but I don't judge her compromise. A compromise is a compromise. When you compromise yourself, you're doing the same damage. It really doesn't matter in what area, it's all the same. That knowledge of understanding how we compromise for people's love is something I believe that will resonate just with everybody. It certainly had me going through all my relationships like, wow, I thought this relationship was something like this, and I've always narrated it and believed it to be so. But as I start to think about it, there were times that I yearned for this person's attention, and there were there were ways that I was not true to myself in order to get it. And it's because of all kinds of things for me, you know, a bad childhood, not ever feeling like anyone would fight for me. I don't have a mom and dad or anyone to call, and because I spent from my young days to forty one being in this industry, I didn't It's not like I made a good friend like a group of girlfriends while while my friends were doing that in their twenties and thirties, I was uber famous. So it's not like I have this group of friends that I even go to. So it's it's just a I don't know. That was the part of the testimony that really like stood out to me as being as really making me recall a lot of times that I have done that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw us both react, We looked at each other because we were I think we both got tears in our eyes reporting on that this week, that was the moment that was most chillingest to hear all the horror, but for her to say the highlight of a freak off was she just enjoys spending time with him. That was that was tough.
Speaker 2: That jumped out at us too. So when you said that, we both said, Wow, we had the exact same react.
Speaker 3: And remember what I said to you last time, There's nobody else that I would want to revisit more than him. When he is proud of you and when he gives you his attention and thinks that you're great, and if you notice. In her testimony, she says, I don't know what the first freak off was. I was drugged. It was weird. I felt dirty, I felt embarrassed, but then he was really proud of me, and so I felt good. I understand all of those emotions in regards to that man.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It's so it's something so many of us can.
Speaker 1: Okay, help us with And how does it play into the story? We a lot of us didn't know it. She was nineteen when they met. He kissed her, she said, he testified at a birthday party. She said was unwanted. At the time. She wasn't comfortable with the idea of dating him. What do you make of I don't know if you knew that story already, But what do you make of hearing that and how it now played into I guess the rest of their relationship.
Speaker 3: I think it would probably be very You know, I've dated somebody in a very compromising state and position that wasn't necessarily fully open to the world, and so I kind of had to play along with whatever the narratives were. And there's an exhilaration there. The lifestyle that did he live is so extreme in every way. I think that that could have been There could have been like an excitement there. There could have been a fear. There could have been like, you know, butterflies in your stomach when somebody that powerful wants to experience you in that way. I don't know how she testified to feeling about it. I think she just was like, WHOA, that happened? Like I didn't see that it was bad or good in the testimony. I'm not sure if I missed something, but I think it probably it probably made her feel that, like of everybody around, he wanted her, which maybe made her feel like she was very special.
Speaker 2: You've talked about all the people around Diddy who were there to make sure he had his every need met. When you heard Cassie testify about all the people who supplied the drugs, the baby oil, who all had to be a part of creating these freakouts, or at least the ambiance around them. The lighting had to be correct, the hotel rooms had to be.
Speaker 3: Very ditty, very scorpio, very visual.
Speaker 2: Were Yes, were you aware? Like I know that you said you weren't surprised by your testimony, But did everyone know that this was all going on, that these freakoffs and these sex parties were happening, And apparently there had to have been so many bottles of these of this baby oil around that. I mean, that was a big headline obviously early on. But you start hearing about just how much and why he wanted it, and was that all common knowledge?
Speaker 3: So I never witnessed a big room of baby oil in my time there, but on set we were to be lathered and shining. You know, they always used either baby oil later on down the line. All of oil spray can make you like shine, shimmer To me, I still use it when I do photo shoots because it was a great tool to learn during my time in the beginning making music videos. And when you shine, it looks better on camera to me. All of that plays into these visual aesthetics that were pleasing enough for him to be sitting in the corner and jacking off to it.
Speaker 1: You know, I haven't heard somebody put you made a good point. I hadn't thought about in all these videos. It wasn't just think it's a part. Yes, it's a part of sex, and maybe they're slipping and slid and having a good time. Do you think but you're saying it'sduction value to it that I hadn't.
Speaker 2: Thought about it, that he was almost creating his own pornow.
Speaker 3: Yes, he also made music videos all the time. I mean, this is a man that lived and breathed in the creative space and produced albums and records and music videos and all of the above. I mean he would come on set whether we had a full blown direc and everything else, and when he got on set, if he wanted everything a whole different way, that's what had to happen.
Speaker 2: Okay. And so to that point, we heard Cassie talk about and she said even a facial expression, the wrong face could set him off into alien.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely accurate. You saw that, Yes, experienced it many times.
Speaker 2: It was directed at you.
Speaker 3: It was on camera. You can watch making the band and see a few moments where just a face created a reaction that was abusive.
Speaker 1: Did you always in an argument or back and forth like that, get to some point where you felt physically threatened after seeing something like that. If everybody wasn't in the room and it was just YouTube, maybe it would have felt a little different, but it felt physically intimidating. Yes, would everybody have that experience who's been around him?
Speaker 3: No, because he wasn't interested in everybody. There were people in my band that he didn't really spend much time even learning their names.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm curious. I was kind of impressed actually at how much you pushed back with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was not something that anyone in my group did.
Speaker 2: So that was what I was going to ask. Were you a I mean, you ended up getting pushed out of the band because of him.
Speaker 3: Fired on national television and blamed for the entire demise of not only Danity Kane, but the series that was on for seven seasons on making the band on the biggest network at the time that everyone fell in love with and to this day, if you look it up, it's aubry O Dat's fault.
Speaker 2: And would you say that that was because you stood up to him, You said what you wanted. You actually were speaking your truth and he didn't like that.
Speaker 3: I think that as things come out, and when I'm not exclusive, that you will be able to read documents that suggest exactly what his problem with me was and exactly what he wanted me to do or I was not needed.
Speaker 1: Cassie's husband has been sitting in the courtroom listening to all of this. I couldn't imagine doing so. I think he had to walk out at certain points when she described a she said he allegedly raped her, that he did. Just what's your take on him. I don't know if you know him. I've been around him at all. But take on her having to do this in front of her now husband that she's about to have a child with.
Speaker 3: I think the response of people online is disgusting in that regard, saying like, oh, what man would want? He must be memes of an embarrassed guy or whatever. God it makes me sick seeing people interpret it like that because I don't think there's anyone on earth that loved her more. She was able to finally get away from all of that that she was in because she fell in love with her trainer. That did He got her. That's who Alex Fine is. He probably showed her a gentle, soft, kind love. He probably mirrored back to her, because that's what we do as partners, right, That's why you stop loving sometimes a partner that you're with contractually in front of the world or not, you stop being able to mirror back something that you want to see, and then all of a sudden, you go to work one day and somebody's mirroring you and you feel kind of good and you kind of like yourself again, and you think you're neat and they think you're neat. We are mirrors for each other. Personal relationships are simply, in my opinion, necessary for sure, because it's the only person that you're getting that vulnerable with, potentially physically fully physically giving your body to. They're an absolute mirror to you. When you do things that are not kind or good or questionable, they mirror back a response to you, and you have to see yourself. If you don't have any relationships like that, you're never learning or growing and you have nothing to observe.
Speaker 2: That's that's actually an excellent point.
Speaker 1: I didn't know people were clowning him online for being in the court room. Actually I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: Don't go on X.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, we try to avoid that actually, at all at all costs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so do I. But I think he's proud of her. I think he loves her so much. I don't think he's getting her. Yeah, he's there yeah. I mean when anyone that has anything negative to say about that, I think he has heartbroken. I think he probably wants to fuck up Puff. He probably is holding himself back from jumping over the table, as any man that loves their wife should. I think it is tense. The more tense interaction that I was very curious of is with Puff because it's been spoken about as common knowledge amongst people that are in the scene and around that situation that it was rough losing Cassie for him, and with Kim being gone, this would likely be the only other person that had these that maybe he loved and claimed in front of the world like he did Kim. There's not a ton of women that he's like openly claimed for very long periods of time. And I think like he probably was sitting in front of somebody that he loved most in the lane of girlfriend and you know, beyond Kim porter, and then also somebody that he probably hates the most in life because she's potentially he sees her as responsible for being the demise of his entire existence. And I thought the dynamics of also him knowing that that could have been the baby that's inside of her and that he could have had her child. He had children with a bunch of women throughout the relationship that he wasn't as open with as he was with Cassie. You know, I think that probably had to hit on so many levels. I can't even imagine the torture. I don't think there are enough drugs that could make me go to sleep at night after that. For Cassie, I think that she's being able to liberate herself as time continues.
Speaker 2: Potentially, we heard Cassie testify that it was her husband Alex who stopped her from all of the thoughts of suicide that she had that she even wanted. She said, I believe on the stand she wanted to walk out in traffic and literally just have a bus or a car and everything, And it was her husband who pulled her back from that those suicidal thoughts. I'm curious about your reaction to that and your experience and other bandmates experience the power he had over so many people that it actually could contribute to you feeling like you wanted to end your life. And was that shocking to you? Do you relate at all to.
Speaker 3: How completely related? I've had many times where I've felt that way. What it is is not you know what the deeds done were, to what level the deeds were done to you, because we all have experienced different levels with this man, not even just with this man in general. Let's just make it a broad conversation. It's the it's the disposable part that makes you want to go. It's the being so easily disposed of. I'm an artist that put my whole life into this. You signed me, I worked my ass off, I've got platinum records and I didn't see a penny and now I'm driving an uber and getting laughed at because someone recognized me on the internet. That's somebody's story. That type of pain and knowing that you were able to work so hard to achieve levels that are almost that most people don't even get to experience of accolades, and it all shows should be a financial compensation because it's not easy to do the things that we were doing, and we were worked to death. There's literally like an episode of Making the Band where one of the tasks was you're not sleeping for three days and it can you handle it? That's how the industry is. Let me tell you something. I've till my band member, one of my band members who I went on to move forward with in a group as a duet. Her name is Shannon. Until one day Shannon turned to me and said, hey, Obs. Because we'd go throughout the day and I'd just be putting out fires, handling shit. She would sit and have pleasantries with Starbucks person. She'd sit and talk about the guy that was at the theater that we were playing at that night, there's a brick that Kurt Cobain signed in Wow, the history of this. And I'd be like, Shannon, there are eight million problems. We've got to do this, this, this, And She's like, listen, at some point, we have to have enjoyment. You are so still trained under that Diddy hand, and before Diddy, through my childhood, I had the same type of hand, which is why I think it made it so easy for me to have the type of conversation that I was having in front of the world with him. I've been trained to handle people like that. When I was called a bitch or been body shamed or whatever the fuck hat was happening at that time, all the time I took it as I'd walk out of the room and be like, Okay, watch, I'm gonna come back and do it ten times better. I never went out of the room and was like.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I did those moments for other things, but not when I was challenged. When I was challenged, I accepted the challenge like I did in my childhood. I one upped it. So those types of personalities happened to fall into this type of pattern of grooming very comfortably.
Speaker 1: You mentioned grooming, though, remind us of your ages. What age range were you in when you were working with it.
Speaker 3: I have to look back, like two thousand and four, I believe we started filming. It wouldn't have very until two thousand and five. I know that I wasn't of drinking age because I was. I was like reprimanded that I was. Everyone was older than me. I was a baby, even though people had about their age. So it's maybe not it won't look like that, but I was the baby of the group. I'm the only child of the group as well, so I actually thought they were my real sisters in real life. I didn't understand that that wasn't how everybody looked at it until much later.
Speaker 1: Was that sixteen seventy What were you two thousand and four I'm sorry, I'm not good on the math right now.
Speaker 3: No, no, but don't bring up my old ass. S Well, I was young enough to where I was pulled out of scenes with liquor.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you do you look back at that time now and after we all heard Cansie's testimony, do you look back on it and feel in some way you were being groomed for what? Don't know, but did you feel like there was a manipulation going on? They qualified as grooming?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just we discussed it in the last episode. It's the walking to get cheesecake. It's the for us because that dub band was a little bit different than Danity Kine. Danity Kine is a girl group and we're selling that's what girl groups are considered to be doing, and so for us, it was tiny costumes, big heels. I mean, listen. We would do an entire passes of our show and Diddy would come up upon pull me aside and be like, you have sweat everywhere, And I was like, well, we just did a full blown hour of like full blown agraphy. We didn't just stand there and sing, ever, and we were expected to sing live. That's a five part harmony, and the biography goes on a different count than the vocals, so it's a NonStop thought process, and being very good at doing all of those things, not like the girls do nowadays twerking that's not technically dancing. Dancing was something different back in my day, and we actually had to do very intricate things. So with that being said, like it was difficult, and I would sweat. I'm somebody that sweats more than probably most of the girls in the group. I'm a sweater. I always get those pit stains. I probably need botox or whatever that you get inside of there, but I would get that, and he'd be like, you're a mess, Like you need to clean yourself up and this can't happen again. Like I was like trying to figure out how to do a show and not sweat so I could make him happy, because he wasn't He wasn't impressed with the way I looked when the show was over, and how I started looking halfway through. That's when I got into like full blown wigs, because you can't you don't end up with damp hair at the end of an hour of full blown you know, you know, a full blown hour show if you've got a wig on, because it doesn't drench like your natural scalp touching your hair.
Speaker 2: Would It's so interesting how I'm sure non shocked and unsurprised you were when we heard Cassie talk about just him directing these freak offs and how everything it mattered how she looked and it didn't matter how she felt. She talked about vomiting. Yeah, and because of the drugs she had to be on to stay up for as many as four days straight.
Speaker 3: Said last time. Kids in his girls, young girls in the courtroom learning about how Daddy liked to smack it and whip it and roll it around. It's all about what is good for his image, his visual his optics. Whoever has to be sacrificed along the way, got to take the move. It's what he wants and it's what his optics require, and even down to potentially his own family is operating within that type of in my opinion, coercion.
Speaker 2: My goodness, and so none of that testimony.
Speaker 3: Would you want your daughters in a courtroom if you had done freaky things like would you want your daughter knowing any would you ask the people around you to ask her to please step out, even if she was like begging to be there and defend father.
Speaker 1: Being Some of my texts to roboc for the same reason. No, you make a point. You do always feel like you want to protect your case, certainly from your own bad behavior or something that's could be that's not even bad behavior. You don't want you kids to know about.
Speaker 3: Your kings, correct, don't you think? Don't you think that's telling disturbing?
Speaker 1: You find that very telling of him.
Speaker 3: It's beyond telling. It's showing me and the the alex fine move that they made. It's showing me that this man isn't hasn't learned yet, still hasn't learned what we're all trying to get him to learn.
Speaker 1: Now, you said earlier to Robot he said nothing, and you paused. She says, anything you heard from Cassie and her testimony surprised you? You said, no, I just want to ask about something in particular. Are you not surprised when you hear her describe how he raped her? He actually, she says he sexually assaulted her.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the word she used? Do you guys have any dictation of it.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the word. I just remember this was supposed to be and it seemed like it was a.
Speaker 3: Cordial ways and then he can her house and then did she describe anything?
Speaker 1: What did she say? On top of her living room? She said she cried throughout and he doesn't even think he recognized that she was crying. And also said, I think that his eyes were black, so he was on drugs. Unrecognizable.
Speaker 3: He went to the black eyes where he's probably on drugs.
Speaker 2: Could you tell when did he was on drugs and when he wasn't.
Speaker 3: He has a look that is very specific. When that you would you would probably some would describe it as like devilish, like you can't see a soul in the eyes. There's only three people that I just couldn't find their soul in their eyes. And I'm an aquarian, I'm an impath. I like to connect with people. I am like a very in tune girl that likes to feel people's eyes and their presence and their souls. There's only three people that I could not find the soul in it's it's a scary thing to see. It's a scary thing to see. I can't imagine sleeping next to it. I can't imagine loving it. I can't imagine wanting to please it. There's if there's nothing there to connect with and you can't see anything in the eyes, and that's what you and that's somebody that you love. Because like I said, it's not all bad. It wasn't all bad for Cassie either. She clearly isn't going to go on She's not here to go on the stand and tell you about all the good days. People are pointing out good days as if that's disputing anything that she's told us was a bad day. This trial isn't about talking about the good days, so that's not what anyone is focused on. But at the end of the day, whether even some are consensual or not, it is very clear that abuse was occurring there. It is very clear that that grooming and that coercion was occurring. It is very clear that that you know, she was being paid as an artist and on payroll, but she stopped making albums early on because the sex parties became her full time job. So what was the payment that was coming when there were no more nine albums to release?
Speaker 1: The idea that he was capable of raping someone right, you know, again, you've had experience with him and know him in certain ways, but that's still not and it's an allegation at this point that she's making.
Speaker 3: It's an allegation that she's making. I want to just also point out it's an allegation that a whole lot of people have made. Do we know the count on the civil suits at this.
Speaker 2: Point, we lost count now long ago, so for me.
Speaker 3: That many civil suits. And by the way, I stayed super neutral on this topic when I first heard it, that was you know, that was something that I can't have. I don't have any first hand knowledge obviously on that day, and I don't know anyone that was there because there was nobody there, So that was never gossip. That was never in the streets. That was never So that's just between the two. So I stayed neutral on that one specific thing when I read all of her case. However, when all of the things that came after, I have to start to wonder, this is a whole lot of people that are willing to make up very extreme detailed stories if they're not truths these and then to bring lawyers and all of that. Like, yeah, I get that you see a settlement, you think maybe you can get one, and maybe some people are dumb enough to go that route. But this is a very serious thing. These are very serious allegations, and there are so many of them. It would be hard to assume that that many people are full blown lying about every single detail of their lives. Like that's kind of hectic to suggest that. So it's hard to just be like right in the middle, I'm leaning a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we know that obviously when we're hearing some of the cross examination that's coming at Cassie from the defense attorneys.
Speaker 2: You know, she even openly admitted that she even after what she called rape, the rape happened, she claimed she did have consensual sex with him another time after that. And sometimes people people look at that and say, come on, And if you're in a relationship, you know, come on, what do you say to those people who are now questioning the credibility of whether or not she was actually raped, given the fact that she was, she was ending the relationship with him, but that she then had consensual sex with him afterwards.
Speaker 3: It's all a very long weaved narrative of grooming a young girl that just would do anything to be have that those personal time moments with you, even if it involved some people you didn't know it was their secret, proposed it to her as like introducing her into his mind. In the very beginning, you hear her say I didn't want to say know or bring up specific things that he was requesting that were really uncomfortable and weird, like describing her body to an escort, like the game plan of how each freak off work, and that she felt uncomfortable. But she never wanted to say it because she didn't want to make him feel he was weird, because she loved him so much and she didn't want him to think like he gave her a personal I almost could see the conversation in my head because I just know how this works so well. He opened her up and to his personal secrets. She got to know the personal secrets of Diddy. You feel like all kinds of things, like maybe you could help. Some girls are fixers, you know, there's all kinds of things that go on in a woman's mind when a man has captured your heart. You know, it gets a bit hectic. There are ways that we compromise. Cassie's been saying it, like I want to come forward and admit to all of these things that were wrong that weren't okay. That are embarrassing because I want to be honest for once, and you know, for at this point in my life, and tell the full truth about all the things that she was doing in a younger age that she now believes was absolutely you know criminal.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you talked to Cassie? And when this is all over and you're able to, will you reach out to her.
Speaker 3: I don't want to answer the first question. The second question is no, I don't. My way of of anything that I could ever do for Cassie would just be to stand up publicly and defender. I think I was the first person to do it for a few days of crickets. I asked my band members to chime in. So the only thing I could do was just defend. And also, like you know, in a lawsuit, like I said, you don't talk about the good days. You don't talk about the days where you maybe wanted it, or you maybe acted like you wanted it in order to make them not leave you or go do it with somebody else, because you craved there at that moment, in that personal time with them so much like of course that I understood both sides of I understood both the moments. I knew what would be brought against her, And I think that people have to be able to not take one set of text messages or one of these events and turn it into a broad understanding of the overall picture. We're hearing one person's story about what it looks like to have been somebody that was in his in his what is it like right in front of you and his visibility in his eye? Somebody that he wanted. There's going to it will continue on. There's eight weeks and we're on day what four? It's gotten pretty hectic for four days. Do they've proven one charge for sure already?
Speaker 1: How have you which one moved?
Speaker 3: The transportation of.
Speaker 2: Constitution?
Speaker 3: Is that a transportation of PROCESSUS traffic, not trafficking? There's three there's a charge that it's like transport of sexual workers. That charge has been proven. I think I believe sexual trafficking has been proven. These text messages are going to make it a little more difficult for the jury to understand. I don't love eight men. I'm being told by my people in the courtroom that these aren't Some of these men aren't giving jackhammer and a construction belt man some of them are giving their their sensitive So I don't know. As a very jaded woman at forty one that's been around of a bunch of very disgusting men for a very long history in the industry, I don't trust it at all. So you one of them is bound to fuck up. You think a man in a room, are you sidebar because you're a man ay a man in a room or deciding something that's very serious to you, are you going to trust that?
Speaker 2: I mean, it just takes one. It just takes one to hang the joey.
Speaker 3: So would you trust it? No? Thank you?
Speaker 1: But you that increases concern about maybe an acquittal because of how many men you think they will be sympathetic in some way to him.
Speaker 3: I don't think an acquittal. I think it would be hung and I think that one charge. I think he'll for sure get one charge. Right now, as of day four, we have two months to go. I think one thing has absolutely been proven. I think the other has been proven. But some of my friends are arguing otherwise. The cross is not as crossy as I thought it would be. I'm I'm like sad and glad because I don't want Cassie to ever be brutalized anymore ever again, But also kind of sad that they didn't go a little harder like the lawyer with Harvey Weinstein did. Like you, I was hoping that they would make the mistake of being overly aggressive with her, and it sounds like and it sounds like they didn't.
Speaker 1: So you know, I heard someone one reporter were talking about this morning described it as almost two friends being cordial in conversation, and that was incredible to see.
Speaker 3: I do have smart, it's smart, strategic, it's strategic.
Speaker 1: I do have the charges here we're talking about. So it's one racketeering conspiracy, two charges of sex trafficking and then the two you were talking about transportation to engage in prostitution.
Speaker 3: That's been proven, was the other. Transportation has been proven? The sex trafficking, I feel it has, but you got to prove force and coercion. Some of those text messages are going to make people doubt what they heard on day two, which day two was much stronger day one.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a slower start for me, and the defense had an incredible opening. This Day two picked up for the prosecution in my opinion, But yeah, I think that like, we're very early on in this, so right now, this is this is the framework. This is establishing a character, This is establishing the way that people would just do anything that he said. That's how encompassing his power and presence was like, I don't know, go to Brooklyn and get cheesecake, or run around Central Park till you see your friends drop.
Speaker 1: Look, I am.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till we have Babs on. I'm gonna have her come for you, eat you up. I will.
Speaker 1: But I watched back, and I watched I remember her, and I watched every episode of the show, and we're all complicit in your point. I watched with I was entertained.
Speaker 3: Was Dave Chappelle made a whole skit of it.
Speaker 1: But I was horrified at times, But for the most part, I was like, Oh, I did nothing took away from Diddy for me? And what Obviously I'm a huge fan. That was right in my lane, and I absolutely have just been in awe of his and his accomplishments. But what do you do when you hear a Diddy song? Now, how do you take it?
Speaker 3: I don't listen, but let me ask you. Let me ask you this. Okay, name me a Diddy song, And hold on, name me a Diddy song where there isn't a feature of a big artist that you love.
Speaker 2: Just name one, just a.
Speaker 1: Solo of him. I remember the album, but I'm trying to think of one that didn't have I think it was right around when he became ditty again he released.
Speaker 3: Something I just hear you babbling? Or did you come up with?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I am looking for But to the point, his hands were on everything.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: To the point is his hands were on all the publishing masters and ownership of all of the people that he stepped on to move up. But you still can't name me a Diddy song without a very big celebrity feature, or come up somebody who ended up being very big. But all the songs that we love, all the hits, all the things that you would play, are also featuring somebody else.
Speaker 1: You don't consider those Diddy songs necessarily the right.
Speaker 3: So is that what a Diddy song would be?
Speaker 2: A did he do?
Speaker 3: You want to tell me? He's his accomplishments and the grandeur of all that he's accomplished as an artist. I'm going to need to hear you name a song and not just if I asked you Beyonce songs, you'd be rolling them off your tongue. You're giving him legendary iconic status like that, but you can't name a song, artists or who built that entire corporation the artist. There were the ones in the nineties, and then after that there were all of them making the band kids.
Speaker 1: Nothing about that I would argue. And how he's gone about and building his success. I'm not going to argue that at all. But it sounds like you you're taking away or you don't think we should hold him up the way we have as a kid. It came from the streets and ended up where he was.
Speaker 3: I don't suggest that you shouldn't. Yeah, I don't suggest that you shouldn't. I'm not going to tell people how to feel about people they like. That's not my concern or my business. I'm just wanting to make a point as somebody that does potentially feel that way, Please take a second to think about just his own name as an artist, without anyone else propping it up, without anyone else giving credibility or talent to the song, just on his own merits. If you can't name a ton of songs like we can with everybody else, Jay Z, Beyoncey, all the big people, then maybe we should be careful about the ways in which we see him in regards to you know, this incredible iconic artist, music, mogul, all these things. He was a man that knew how to choose the right people. And by the right people, I mean man, They're sure were a lot of us that never saw any payment. He chose people, and he sure knew how to choose people that would get into the freak offs and all because they loved him. He knew how. When I was talking with my bandmate about this entire situation, I asked her what you asked me? Did you ever fear him enough to where you would have done X, Y and Z? And she said no, But she said I also think that he knew who he could get away with that type of stuff and who he couldn't, which is why he didn't even really know who I was, because he knew it wouldn't fly with me.
Speaker 1: Did he does? He still have defenders that you say, I know, you're so engaged online, so it's maybe some stuff I don't see, But are a lot of people out there still active in open big fans and defend him right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there are people that see him. I mean, God, ask everybody at my hotel that recognizes me. I'm staying at a hotel that is infamous for being Diddy's hotel, and all kinds of things I'm sure went on at that hotel, including music videos and campaigns and also maybe other things hers, but the entire staff is still working there. When I walked in, they were saying, man, you don't age and things like that. And I'm looking at these old men, like what in the food, the what? And They're like, a guy was walking with me, tell me, Oh my god, I remember this. I remember that. I remember when you came through one time. I had the biggest crush on you. Blah blah blah every single person in that hotel, and they're telling me their opinions about all that, and they're saying, man, I miss this person. I missed that person. They named a person that I know was assaulting people. And I was just sitting here listening to him roll through these names in the good old days of it, and I was thinking to myself, Man, it must be so hard for people they consider their memories of him to be these good old days and this run that he had in this hole did et this choke hold that he had on New York in general. I grew up on the West Coast. I'm a POC fan baby, so it was I didn't look at him like that. But for the if you were talking about PUC, I definitely would be in a joke hold. So I can understand this is his city. So in that regard, I think that it's very hard for people to be able to have been so disillusioned by celebrity, to be to think that everything that we could potentially be watching and looking up to could be as fraudulent as what we are seeing now. And by the way it is, I've been to like three places where everybody actually was who the fuck they say they are? Everybody else is on some bullshit. We won't get into that now, but if I get my own podcasts, I'm calling all you motherfuckers out.
Speaker 2: How just remind everyone how how it went down. How he fired you.
Speaker 3: I was fired was we were called in to do a final scene h to close off the season, and it was just like a check in and a good job. We had just gotten off of a big tour, etc. And we all got called into this meeting and it took a very dark turn and he I don't even know how it started, but somehow he started going at me and he fired me the words that I've been told multiple times, and I rewatched it. Actually, when I came, I moved to Bali for a while to heal from a lot of the trauma and the things that I found myself in the beginning half of my career not able to have my voice. Chakras were locked up when I got there, I learned because I would want to tell my truth, but my truth included conversations where people cross paths with me, and those people are lying about who they are, and I needed to protect their lies because they're not telling anyone the truth about who they are. So then I could never give an honest portrayal of anything I experienced, because every single person that I have connected paths with was doing some funny shit. And so for me, I found myself always being roadblocked, never being able to fully get out the truth. And I was feeling like I was just living in a whole bubble of lies, and like we've discussed headlines that can just be thrown out there and everyone believes it. When you're sitting at work about to do your job, people are out here thinking you're drunk and you've got a bar in your room. It's unfair. It is offensive to the work that we show up and do. And what can you do about it? It could be the system that's putting those stories out. You don't know. You can't go against the system. I've done it a few times, and I have a whole lot of strikes through my name and a lot of different networks. If you haven't seen me on a show that you've always wanted to see me on, that's the network. I don't even know how mask Singer happened. They wanted a ditty victim so bad they were willing to take that blacklist out of my name over there.
Speaker 2: So you went back to watch the firing to kind of relive it.
Speaker 3: So I actually from Bally, I watched it and I just I, like I said, I have shedded the layers of the parts of me that were so hurt and that knew they would never see justice. And if I was going to continue to carry that, I would have a chip on my shoulder the size of China. So I had to shed and unfortunately, all the things that people are now recognizing were the truth. They the parts of me that were shed and are long gone, are the parts that needed to hear it. It means nothing to me now except I encourage people to see that I've been telling the truth for so long, to look into some of the other people I talk about, Because if you believe I'm a truth teller on one thing, maybe you should start looking at some of the other truths that I've spoken on.
Speaker 1: Well, the truth will keep coming, folks. We are just getting started here with Aubury. We will continue to follow very closely, like many of you are, what's happening in that courtroom. But Aubury, we appreciate, We appreciate getting to know you and giving all of us some better perspective about a guy we've watched most of our lives and about a trial that we're watching right now. Really, you've absolutely already been wildly enlightening and we're just getting started.
Speaker 3: Wait till we get to the urination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good tease.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a tease.
Speaker 1: Next episode, Urine. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Folks,