Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data on Timstadeveek.
Speaker 1: Along with Carol Masser, Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us is Bloomberg News Equities Reporter Alexandra Semenova alex Cisco Systems. When you're watching today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of tech news today, but I found this one particularly interesting. Cisco is announcing a new all in one product to help retail stores, healthcare facilities, and factories incorporate artificial intelligence with the use of a single rack of equipment to This technology is called Unified Edge. I'm looking at the stock right now. It's up about one point seven percent on this news. Basically, this new technology combines chip storage, networking, and security software and relies on Cisco products for this, but it lets customers actually choose their own chips, so they can go with Nvidia or Intel here right now, Basically, most companies are focused on training AI models or running them, but Cisco and other companies are betting that businesses will need equipment to run AI tasks. Locally and they won't have these skilled workers on site to help them. So this Cisco product is designed to be plugged in and it just can remotely be watched by centralized corporate technicians. And apparently Verizon is already using it.
Speaker 4: It's really fascinating to see these tech companies kind of figuring out where their place is in the AI world. I should also point out that I think UBS upgraded Cisco today that on reflecting a multi year growth cycle driven by AI infrastructure demand. I mean price target hike to eighty eight from seventy four. So it's just again I feel like the spend right.
Speaker 3: You have to spend, you have to have some sort of plan, and at this point will short of just rewarding this.
Speaker 4: It is pretty wild. Oh next one.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm ready, I'm ready, want to go to Disney Disney. Let's get a Disney.
Speaker 3: A little bit of drama with Disney. Apparently Disney asked YouTube to restore the broadcast of its ABC network ahead of election day. They're having a fight over distribution fees, so subscribers to YouTube tv have lost their access to Disney channels like ABC, ESPN, NFX. On October thirty first, after the two companies basically failed to come to an agreement around their new programming costs. Both sides have accused each other of being unreasonable and their demands. YouTube actually offered some customers a twenty dollars a month credit if this fight continues. And of course election day is coming up tomorrow. It includes a race here for mayor in New York City, as well as a governor's race in Virginia and New Jersey. So it's trying to get people access to what's going to be.
Speaker 4: Remember when it was free and the airwaves.
Speaker 3: We just turned on our TV and the channels, and now it's like one streaming service. Do you go to the YouTube or what do you use at?
Speaker 1: This is why choice we all demanded. This is what we all wanted. He really, here's what we got.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that. Let's talk about Pfizer. What's going on there?
Speaker 3: Last one? Some fighting with Pfizer. Also, I guess everyone is a little bit kind of worked up today. It's definitely Monday sentiments. But it accused Novo Nordis of trying to stifle competition in the weight loss market by attempting to acquire the obesity startup Mitsarah Inc. This is the second lawsuit that it has filed in four days, as Pfizer tries to retain its grip on a deal that Novo up ended last week. Apparently in a statement, they said that they're trying to stop Novo Nordisk from illegally paying off Matzerah, and it's controlling stockholders to gain control of impair and potentially kill an emerging US competitor. Quite a statement there.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's all about those GLP one drugs. I think I said something too that if said finally, I think obesity, at least by one measure, maybe finally going down.
Speaker 3: You know what's fascinating is I feel like the big tech companies are working together, but when it comes to GLP ones, we just keep hearing just about these companies fighting with each other.
Speaker 2: They really are the Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.