Speaker 1: She walked in and it was like Elsa, Cinderella and tinker Bell all in one walked in the room and even Jacqueline Quick goes WHOA Calm Down with Aeron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Calmed Down Everyone. We need to calm down. With the NFL season kicking off tonight, our schedules are a bit out of control, so a last minute audible, but we're still here. No new episode this week. But what's old? Is bath or new again? I don't know the saying either way. This is a throwback Thursday edition of Calm Down. In fact, we recorded it the week Mac was born ute, but we never released it. Things got busy for Aaron. I give the full story about Steve setting me up to fail with the old Alfit choice at his friend's wedding. Aaron talks about her dad meeting Terry Bradshaw, which is so sweet. So much to get to And we'll have a new pregame and new episode next week telling you all about our Week one Shanigan. Enjoy everyone, Happy football.
Speaker 2: Hey girl, Hey, what's new in your world? Well, usually on this show we talk headlines. Obviously, some exciting news came out, But we're going to get to that after the break, meaning next week when we were ready to talk about it and discuss it more. But we have other headlines. Wait, first of all, can't wait, what's the dress thing? We already saw the ig. You're doing a little tease. I mean, first of all, welcome to the Calm Down Podcast. My skin needs to calm down.
Speaker 1: She needs to stop touching that same area over and over again.
Speaker 2: There's two more that have come to the party since we saw each other at our Fox seminar. Why We'll get to your dress in just a moment. More headlines. I did the Derma flash. I love the Derma flash. But something must have happened because it unleashed the hounds.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, so Aaron and I we wrote to the Fox Seminar. Week happens every off season. All the different broadcasting groups from Fox get together and the different pregame shows. The NFL comes in, new rules, new communications. She's just sort of like leakage into things, but also time for us to all hang out. We love it. A good time. Sadfile. Aaron and I are in the bathroom discussing shaving our face, and you would tell melly, how I went to you guys, I have the most unhealthy relationship with my nail technician. You heard me, technician Lynn. So I love her like a second mother. She is so wonderful. But I am getting really too I'm getting too comfortable with Lynn because every time I go in there, it's not only do I get my nails done, I get my toes done. She's now dyeing my eyebrows, which, as we know, sometimes are way too frick and dark. I go, Lynn, what sharpie are we using on these eyebrows? Tone rangers it down a little bit, like I don't need them to be black. Then the last time I was in there, she was like, I will do your eyebrows because I don't. You were the one that told me we're not doing eyelash extensions anymore, you know, ridiculous. As I was doing that for a while. No, stop, you didn't say that. I was like, oh, really, they don't look good. But it was a little mariposa like butterflies flying off of the end. So I'm not doing that anymore. But I want to not have to put mascaron and wake up in the morning and be que qqute. So Lynn goes, well, I can do that. I can die your eyelashes. Do I ask questions? I just go Okay. Halfway through the application, my eyes are burning, stinging. I'm like Lynn, and now I'm not allowed to open them. You're going to need those for work. Stop sing with them in the nail salon that it's burning. She's getting the hot towels that are supposed to be used to remove the rock salt on your feet. They're now on my face. So I'm like this back my hair and my neck her. So that's hard for me to do. But do I stop there? No, Because as she's tipping my head back to relieve me of the pain that's happening on my eyelashes, she goes, you'll face Harry. Excuse me? My face is Harry? I said, I know, because I haven't shaved it lately. So I was like, Lynn, can you shave my face? And she goes, yeah, I can't. She goes in the back and she gets a razor, not a thick razor that I've talked about before that I will shave my face with. She gets a full on razor blade and I do I stop her? Nope?
Speaker 2: Give me an example of what you're talking about? Like, what are we talking about? Like a box cutter? What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. So good bond, good, good little we're playing. That's what's the game show? It's been something anyways? Oh no die, yes, no, it's Father of the Bride. They're trying to cut the guest list. So she's now my eyes are so red, my eyebrows are black, and she's shaving my face with a straight up like edge razor. Like I'm at a barber shop. Yeah, one stop chopping at Lin's. I was like, is there anything else you can do? Oh? And there is? I go, I need my haircut. This was the time before she goes, no problem, trimmed it on up. How are your eyelashes? I don't have as many, but they're dark. Fell Oh well a few of them fell out, but they're dark. I mean now I have maskar on. But yeah, so again, did the staying not not long? I mean it was probably like an hour after the fact. Point is is I have an unhealthy relationship with Lynn. I'm too trusting of her. Yeah. So anyhow, I don't know if anyone else has they're that kind of a relationship with their male person. But I love Lynn.
Speaker 2: We've got an unhealthy one with my poors right now. Okay, so we were going there our seminar. What else did we say? Were we saying something else about our seminar?
Speaker 1: No? I just said, stop picking your face.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hey, any now that we're still talking about the seminar, any fun things that happened during it that you love that you want to talk about.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think that my diggession of Greg Olsen, I can't. I can't handle him. He's the fast I know. So Greg Olsen, who of course works with Aaron throughout the year on her crew. Shout out to him winning Newcomer of the Year in the booth with his emmy. Oh yeah, he's just the best anyways. But he's like the life for the party. I just love anyone that is so funny inclusive too, like he just makes everyone happy and yeah, no, he's great, like even his question and answers. It's our boss, like the president of Fox Sports, Eric Shanks, and Greg Olsen is like making jokes like with him and at his expense, and he can get away with anything he wants. It probably won't make sense for anyone listening to this podcast, but we get it. We love him. He's hysterical.
Speaker 2: Another thing about this seminar was that you saw my mother there. My mom and dad were at the bar.
Speaker 1: So cute.
Speaker 2: I mean, so my parents are great. I love him, But my favorite thing about them is they are ordering drinks at the bar that I feel like the bartender's never heard of. I know, my dad said this to you. He goes, I go, Dad, what are you gonna get? He goes, I'm gonna get a tea Maria. Yeah, he takes to you. Have you ever heard of that? No, Dad, No one has, not, even the man behind the bar. No, I said the Santa Maria, I've heard of that. I don't, Ria, I've never heard of that. And he and then the bartender said this. He goes, well we have Kolia, and your dad was like the look of disgust on your dad's face, like that's not even comparable. So yeah, so he proceeded to tell me about this tea Maria.
Speaker 1: But I got it right. So, Paula, you went with your dad to go say hi to some other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, paul never met Harry, which he was so excited about and John Solde, who you know pitched for a second with the Red Sox and proceeded to tell my dad I got lit up when I was with the Red Sox.
Speaker 1: It was like the worst era of my career. Blah blah blah. My dad's like, we were honored to have you in our uniform, Dad, are you the GM it's happening so sweet? Yeah, it was really cool. It was It was awesome to see my dad. So you stayed back with my mom, who knows all about trivia and like current events. Paula. Paula started regaling us with these tales of headlines, and I've never felt stupider because she's like, have you guys heard about this? Have you guys heard about this? And Steve and I are like, no, we haven't heard about any of this stuff. So I've got a great education in the forty minutes or forty five minutes that you were gone. Her storytelling is fantastic and I was like, wait, does that I don't even want to talk about the story that's happening. But it's a sad situation in Texas is what's currently going on with that headline. But she is a gem. I feel like I'd want to be on Paula's team if we were playing trivial pursuits. Yes, you would. We were sitting around the dinner table last week, laughing and talking and just about like the most random stories that led us to a conversation where we were talking about the Jacksons and how she the Janet Jason five. Yeah, like Janet had her rib removed rumor has it allegedly for the Throb video or the Throb album cover, and then how she was pregnant during Rhythm Nation but no one acknowledged it and that's why she was wearing again, this is all allegedly. My mom yells out from the back of the room. Yeah, wasn't that Debarge's baby? Are you?
Speaker 2: And then not to like Spotify to Barge and it was like one of my favorite them of the night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah Elle DeBarge. Oh Yeah, but I mean, who's great? I love a random playlist too. That's another thing I'm going to ask our wonderful listeners too, because I get stuck listening to the same thing. And Steve is a great DJ. This is so good. So my wonderful boyfriend, Steve, He's the guy that you want with the ox Court because the pressure is too much. You and I felt like this when we were in Vegas because if you don't know the next song that's in the queue, now you're scrambling. Now you're like, oh my god. And then you say you got to change up the music. You've got to get a little variety, you got to read the room. Like so even we'll bring it back to the wedding that we were at this past weekend. A lot of weddings, see this is what happens with the younger guy. Younger guy. They're all getting married. My friends like me are on our second marriages, so he's he's first rounders at this point. So sweet Pan and Ashley got married this weekend and tell your I, you know what, it reminded me of you, your Montana backdrop, Like everything looks fake. It was so beautiful. So congratulations to them. But yeah, congrats guys. A couple issues here, So Steve, this is his best friend who got married. So yeah, if it's the if it's your boyfriend's friends that are getting married, Like, I'm not in charge of the hotels or the booking of the flights or the idea verity, I'm just going to show up as your guests, right like these are these are your friends, and your friends are incredible, and now that like all become our friends, that's fine, but it's still your you know, your side of the aisle, if you will, like your planning this right like, I'm coming as your guest. Sure. So I never asked to look at the invite. I never asked to get the details of exactly what I'm doing. So when I say to Steve, what's the attire for the like wedding, because it's intel you ride like in this like formal? Is it not formal? And he said it's black tie optional like the pan the groom wanted them to wear tuxes, so the guys were more formal, but like the girls were casual. I walk down in a dress. I got a cocktail tonight. It was a cocktail dress. It was a floral, which I thought was adorable if it wasn't what it ended up being black tie floral, cute Zimmerman dress that I was like, okay, And I'll throw on like these like kind of pseudo cowboy boots. I'll wear a hat like the night before, like the welcome party, people were wearing hats and it was like a Western theme. So I was like, oh, yeah, this is obviously what's going to happen tomorrow too. Sure, No, I in the asshole that shows up and all the other girls are in black tie, floor length formal gowns, and I look like I'm the entertainment. I look like I'm performing at the wedding. I've got the hat, ladies and gentlemen, please give it up for Ashley and Pan Exactly, I'm not kidding. I look like I was about to do the halftime entertainment. He and seems like I go. So we walk downstairs and I'm looking and now I see like Jessica and this like gorgeous, like she's going to the Oscars, like everyone's like, it's so formal. And I look at Steve and I was like, uh, what did you not want to tell me that it's black tied? And he goes it said black tie optional. Oh well I didn't have the option. Hey, you took it away from me because now I just look like a dickhead. So in all the pictures, I honestly look like I work in the local little like brewery pub. And I came over for a picture with the ladies. So, ladies and gentlemen, here's a PSA for you. If it's your boyfriend or your girlfriend's friend that's getting married, ask to see the invite or ask your other friends that you know are going to the wedding what their outfit is ahead of times, so you can, you know, bounce some off ideas off of them so you don't look like the clown that showed up to the wedding. I said to Kelly, I go, should I take off my hat? And she goes yeah. I was like, well, I didn't do my hair. So now now at they're saying the prayer, we're at dinner, we're saying the prayer, I'm taking my hat off. I have to take the hat off, and I expect peace be with you, peacewee with me, Peace be with Steve. Because you're in trouble. Your trouble. What are you for Halloween? I'm in trouble exactly. Okay, A couple of things you looked adorable, but I would understand. Then did you go into full.
Speaker 2: Aaron and chrisa mode where you had to tell everyone the story so they wouldn't think you were more fun and you walked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every single person that I ended that wedding, I saw Ashley, I didn't didn't say congratulations. After the nuptials, I looked at her in the bathroom and I go, I'm so sorry. I look like such a dick. I walked up to Troy's girlfriend, never had met her, and I go, I'm sorry. I said, I'm the asshole and I got robbed last week. And she was probably like, who's this girl? And it's like, and I've been divorced twice and they're like, oh my god. She's probably like literally like and what's your Social Security number? Like, calm f down, No, I know I did. I did exactly that. I had to go around and well look what I'm doing right now because I feel so bad. I was like, well, it's what I do in my face.
Speaker 2: I tell everybody we know we can see you looked adorable, but I get it. So yes, ladies, psa time there if you're if you're going with a guy, regardless is if it's your boyfriend, your husband, they need to show you the actual invite. You need to have a glance a ronie at it to know what the attire is, what the activity list is because you have to pack for that.
Speaker 1: I didn't see you on the horse. I should have been on the horse while I was busy putting the hat in the dress on, I didn't have time to get on the on the back of the horse. But no, that's the thing. Like I it was already a question we talked about on the podcast, like what am I wearing to this thing? Well, then when I went back to collaborate with Steve and he's like, no, no, And I was like this half it's fine, right, and He's like, yeah, it looks great. I love that outfit. So I'm walking down thinking I'm cute, cute, cute, only to realize I look like I just went to the gift shop and bought everything and tell your ride and put it on for this Western wedding. God. Anyways, but congratulations to the happy couple. It's not about me. It's about this. It's never wedding season is over though I don't have any many plays, and we were talking about it as a group, do you have any other friends aside from me who's not getting married again? I was the only one in the group. Steve and I would be the only wedding left I think, so I don't feel like that. That's my cup of tea. All my friends are moving, are you leaving? Apparently we decided at the bar which I got about, we're going to Florida. In fact, Steve's sweet I guess had told Steve's dad, great news, Chris and Steve are moving to Florida. And so Steve goes, why we're moving to Florida, and I was like, yeah, remember the conversation we had with Aaron. So no, we're not moving to Florida. But we were talking about different places we could live together. I really want to get a big compound. Kelly and I were also talking about this. Apparently this podcast is just for like our five friends that are listening, and perhaps I'll open it up to the whole group. Do you ever have a desire to like just I want to buy like huge like plot of land and then everyone can have their own little place. But like and we just golf cart back and forth to each other. It was even in Kelly's neighborhood for like fourth of July. We got in the golf cart. We drove in the golf cart to their front one friend's house, like you party there the other friends meet and it's like so fun. Yeah, like in life, like you just want to be with the people that you love and like close proximity. I don't want to have to get in the car. I want to be able to horse back to your house, golf cart or walk. Well, horseback would be awkward, but golf corner walk. You could do that out here.
Speaker 2: But I'm sick of paying what we're paying out here and ready to move.
Speaker 1: Oh we can't. My husband just sign a new contract. Any who, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Your team go, let's see what else is happening. Do we want to talk a little bit about these headlines?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would love to. Okay, so you want to talk about Britney Spears. I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: And I tried to zoom in on the video and actually, while we were at the bar at the seminar, this was playing and I was talking to people because I was curious why Britney Spears was on Sports Center all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just poor thing. I don't know what's happening. Yeah, so I guess so everyone says that she hit the security guy or the security like hit her or something like that. I don't know. Can someone explain did this actually happen? And can that video like exonerate her from any wrongdoing? I don't know. I can't even see it. I'm trying to like zoom in and I can't see it. So okay, while we figure that out, somebody sent it to U to the next one. This. We talk a lot on this podcasts about airlines and airports because we spent a lot of our lives in them. This headline airline passenger finds plane floor soaked in blood. So the long and short of this story is apparently the flight before someone had had a hemorrhage. They were bleeding everywhere. It wasn't cleaned up appropriate at least. So then this couple gets on the flight the next day and this guy had taken his shoes off, which we've talked about on this podcast, and he notices like something's like on the floor and it's wet. The flight attendant brings him over you know, paper towels or whatever to clean it up, realizes is blood and now his socks are soaked in blood and has to sit there the rest of the flight with a bloody floor over And then this is what this is what really gets me. The smell of rotten blood is like manure. I had taken my shoes off at the start of the flight and there were blood on my socks. Actually it was manure kind of. Three days later he was called by Air France and told that the blood had been mixed with feces. If you give me a fifteen dollars thanks John over an appetizer at TGI Fridays for this, I am going to lose my mind. What my status for Air France or whatever airline? This was better be like yours, like three sixty. I don't know. That is just beyond I'll tell you what I'm doing a one eighty and getting off that flight immediately because there is no way I'm sitting in that seat. I will stand the remainder of the flight by the bathrooms as opposed to sit with my feet and blood. Blood grosses me to begin with. And that was blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's just not safe. Here's the thing I want to full disclosure. We are not blaming the flight attendants for this, because those people are on and off the planet is not there just the plate exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I will tell you I don't know what proper what's the proper standard, what's the proper way.
Speaker 2: But I have been on a flight I told you about this, that this guy had a very very frightening incident and he ended up having a seizure. He threw up. He did it multiple times on our flight. I was actually shocked. We didn't make an emergency landing and there was a lot of vomit in the aisle and they just threw coffee grounds on it. And that's weird. Yeah, it was different. I was confused by the whole thing. And I've seen a lot on airlines, and I was so concerned for this man because I thought what if this had been me or one of my coworkers or my parents or something like this.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I was really confused.
Speaker 2: And then when we all just couldn't wait to get off of it, it was like you basically step over it, pick up your luck.
Speaker 1: It's weird. Yeah, it's different. It was different. I don't I don't like those. It's not the flight attendant shop. But no, it's I don't know, I'm such a weirdo. I'd probably be like, get let me clean it, let me let me just clean this up, and let me just fix this for everyone, because no one needs to be dealing with that.
Speaker 2: The blood and feces on a plane, though, that's not that. I mean, what is happening?
Speaker 1: What happened? What happened? What happened. I'll tell you what happened. Eight people were stuck upside down on a US roadcaster for more than three hours. What do you do about the on your head? I mean speaking of blood, but more blood.
Speaker 2: I'd cross my pants if I was upside down for more than three hours. I'll tell you that. When's the last time you went on a roller coaster? So that was gonna be my next question. Do you like roller coasters?
Speaker 1: I used to love them, used to love them, But I have heard too many of these stories. And there was one the other day. Actually that was Paula didn't tell me this headline. I'm surprised she didn't, Mom, But the roller coaster had got like a split in the one of the support beams. Yeah, you know what's so crazy? Though? This is where I don't understand myself sometimes and I wish, like I wish I had a better understanding of it. I will jump out of a plane like I'll I have with skydiving. I've got no problem with that. I've been bungee jumping, Like, I'm not afraid of heights, but yet I'm like roller coasters no, like I don't know, I don't know what the psychology of that is. But this is uh upside down for three hours? What are you doing? Insane? Insane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel like because I've been at Disney enough where you can well, but this is different. You're upside down, and I've seen so much at Disney where I've actually been. The lights have come on on rides, you've been asked to unbuckle your seatbelt, get up and go off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was.
Speaker 2: Kind of confused why there wasn't like an emergency kind of guidelines or whatever that they would have to do to get out of it. But if they're upside down, it's very dangerous. This just sounds terrible. No, I've walked out of like Space Mountain before lights have come on. We've walked down the stairs crazy, I've seen everything there.
Speaker 1: How many times you think you've been to Disneyland thousands? And I love it, I miss it and I want to go back. I'll tell you where. We're not going back to any concerts if this behavior keeps up with people throwing things, people are losing their minds. So these last couple of ones Harry styles with an object as I Kelsey Ballerini had something happening, not Rita or a BBI Rexa, she had like really bad, someone throw a cell phone at her. I just love it. Dele Adele's like, no nonsense, no bullshit. Aside from her unmatched talent, she also just personality wise is someone that I can get behind all Yeah. Adele threatens fans who throws stuff on stage with a T shirt gun I fucking Daario. The English singer is currently doing her residency in Las Vegas and having time in real life, but she also has a bit of fun every now and then during last Saturday's concert, saying that like she'll kill you if you throw anything on stage. This is what we were talking about yesterday, Kelly, and never talking about this, whether it's entertainers or athletes or anything anyone that's putting up Do you want to put plexiglass up? And like then the entertaining it for everyone, ruining it for everyone, and why are you throwing here's my thing? You're throwing it for what? The five seconds of attention that you get like a streaker for example, like and again, so then what you get thrown in jail? But here and I'm not getting political, but is it. Can we make the rules a little bit stricter that if you throw something then you're going to jail for twenty five years, but a lot of people wouldn't throw stuff then. I just don't understand where we're doing this, like ridiculous behavior and actually like harming people. I would want to be if I'm an entertainer, I'd be like mm hmm, I think about that too, Like were Taylor Swift like because she's been you know, I've seen so much putage her constantlately, just with her being on tour, Like even if some psychopaths like too close to her on stage or like grabs her foot, like I would be I give them so much credit. I really do. I just do. I'm not as I'm not as brave to like stand out there and basically be like, hey, I'm a massive target with these you are you're.
Speaker 2: Out on a field. I think about it all the time. You honestly, yes, you're out on a field. All it would take was some fan chucking something at you. Like, I mean, if you're honestly throw something, I mean, I don't want to jinx it because I'm sure it's going to happen. But I'm smacked in the face by a friggin' line drive at a Mets game while I was reporting.
Speaker 1: That was a time No. But it's just behave. Behave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to go back to like games with no fans in the stands and no concerts, like, just behave.
Speaker 1: I just don't. Ever since we've been locked down, people are losing their minds on planes or bleeding everywhere. They're like, you know, they're throwing shit at Harry Styles. Leave them alone, leave them stop. Just behave. You want to throw something, throw some that night yourself. I'm sick. Here's what happens with that stuff too. And there's all these copycat people, right, like, so one person does it and it's like, oh wow, I'll do the next one. It's like stop stop, stop, stop stop. Have you seen Elton John in concert? I haven't. I'm so jealous. No, No, it's over her. I know I haven't seen I never got to see him him and Whitney Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw him. He actually came to the University of Florida, which was pretty cool. I went, Yeah, when I was in school. He actually came and did a concert there and that was pretty awesome. And then I saw him another time too, but yeah, phenomenal. Just I read somewhere how old he was, but I don't see it in this art.
Speaker 1: Was actually performing me too. Yeah, but there's the one. There's those iconic pictures of him at Dodgers Stadium. Yeah, just I would I would have loved like living or dead? What concert?
Speaker 2: Who would you want to say, seventy six years old from Rye Elton John living her dad, Whitney Houston. I would have loved to have seen her.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson would be my Whitney number one, Michael Jackson number two. I would have liked to see the Beatles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope Madonna's doing okay, because that was one that I was I thought this, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would talked to her lately. She was she and Michael Rubin's party, probably for.
Speaker 2: Then, but yeah, I would have I thought that that concert would have been amazing. To go to all her hits. I would have lost my skull if I had gone to that hopefully she's all right. I think that thing's been postponed.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I don't hopefully. In my mind over you saying losing my skull, if I would lose my lose my skull, I go, yeah, Celene. That was so I wanted to go to her again. God, I hope she's doing okay. I know she's I know I worried. I have word about her for a while her. She was incredible though her in Vegas, that's where you saw r residency she had there. I just got worried when she'd hit her curnam and say Rene so frail. I said, yeah, so hard. One of my favorite moments from working at Extra was I was backstage at a whatever it was. It was like a I don't want to say, I don't want to say, it's iHeart. It was some musical like confluence of people and Share was performing out on stage and oh my god, Selene had just come off of stage and she was backstage to do interviews and she stops me and she she was like, let's go watch and I have a video. I gotta find I have a video of us walking over and watching Share perform on the monitor. Because Selene with Seleen, with Selene, and then not only not only are we watching Share. My heart will always go on for you, Selene, And if I could turn back time, I'd relive this entire moment all over again. She then gets all the group, like the whole group of reporters, so it's like Access Hollywood, Like I remember, was there like all these people for us to start singing together. There's a sing along to the Share song led by Celene Dion. What was the song? Oh, I don't remember. It was just I mean I read the video. Well no, I mean because she was singing so many it was like it was like a compilation, but we were It was just a sing along, yeah, led by Selene.
Speaker 2: I got to meet Selene when I went. I guess it was like I don't know my bachelorette or I don't know. We went with a couple of girls and we constance. My manager had set it up where we went and we met her backstage. And funny story, my girlfriend Jackie, who I always talk about, she's great. I mean she but you know, kind of making fun of me as we're walking in like this, Yo, We're going to Celine Dion.
Speaker 1: For a bachelerrette part.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know what, like we're in Vegas, like knock it off, like this is going to be a time. Jackie's a time wherever she goes. But you know, we go backstage, no phones, put your phones down. Okay, we're in this room, just our group and everything is like everybody's in their if and their MIC's and okay, how much time?
Speaker 1: Five minutes?
Speaker 2: Five minutes, ladies before she comes, and when she comes, she will approach you and do not you know, do you know the photo meet her? I found out on our way there. I didn't know before, but I found out as we were walking in because we were I was like, where are we going, and They're like, we're going to meet her, and I was like, oh my god. So it was very like five three minutes, three minutes and like you know, Jackie like she just wants her like vodka soda. She's just like, oh my god, like my husbands want to consmithe I'm good here, like you know, like we fine, I'm a two time yeah Stanley cup wife. And then all of a sudden they go okay and yeah ninety seconds and it was like, I mean, what, what's happening countdown. She walked in and it was like Elsa, Cinderella, and tinker Bell all in one. Walked in the room and even Jacqueline.
Speaker 1: Quick goes, whoa, like it was like all of us like like goose bumps, hard thing, like it was just like losing her mind.
Speaker 2: And then she walked in and she goes, well, are you guys gonna say hello? Are you just gonna stand there and keep staring at me?
Speaker 1: And it was like hello.
Speaker 2: She walked in and she like grabbed our hands and like took a picture of us, and they were like, she's getting married. And she goes, you're getting married and I was like, I am my husband's Canadian.
Speaker 1: And she goes, where is he from?
Speaker 2: And I was like, eh, Saskatchewan, nothing against Saskatchewan, but like she's from Montreal, like I you know, I was like, oh, I want to say, like Montreal, nothing against Seskatchewan, SASKI you know, I love you.
Speaker 1: And she grabs my hand and she goes, you are marrying a boy from Saskatchewan, like sang me a whole song about it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, she goes, you guys want to take a picture, and she had a huge cough drop in her mouth, and I.
Speaker 1: Was just like, you are, I got it. Oh my god, I drove all night. Is ever gonna say? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was just gonna sing. I would drive all night to get to her. That was my only bummer about the concert. She didn't sing that. They played it in the intro where they did them ontage how many shows she's done, how many people she's performed for, and it was like they were singing that. But the one thing I will say, Jackie said this, when you go to her show, you don't realize how many bangers she has or like and like, I remember the one where.
Speaker 1: It goes seems to believe in and like all of a sudden, the song goes and Jackie's like, oh my god, my god, get time, lover, get well, Selene. I love you. I know I love her too. Renee. She loved when she said her love for Renee. I saw a video over on TikTok being wheeled down an aisle for her son's wedding, and I don't know if it's true, and I just really hope she's okay, because she is a superstar slash princess slash musical royalty. Yeah, she's incredible. And with that, you're all out of time, but tune in next week for all things Selene. My face will clear up by that. My God, You'll be great. Sweet hot, You'll be great. Love you all. Enjoy the All Star Game, sweet cheeks. Oh thanks. I'm going to get on a plane right now to take my sweet mother Kathy Thompson to an All Star game because she loves the Mariners so much. And it's in It's a safe co It's not even called Safeco anymore, the different name changes. But anyway, what's it called? Love you? I don't know. City now city a T Mobile? I think it's T mobile now. Anyways, if you're one of the title sponsors of the stadiums, let us know love Yeah, oh yes, T Mobile? Thanks Ry, I Love Ryan.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.