Speaker 1: What happened? Recording in progress?
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody?
Speaker 1: Is the recording in progress?
Speaker 2: Yes, the recording is in progress.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Serial Killers. Hi everybody, today's the last day of July. Last day, thank god.
Speaker 1: That means it's the thirty first.
Speaker 2: This summer has sucked.
Speaker 1: It sukeed sucked like weatherwise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's so damn hot. You can't enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so hot. Oh it's so cold, dude, I mean complain. No, I don't understand what.
Speaker 2: Everyone everything or it's too hot. It's not even like a hot that you go to the beach and you can go in the water and you cool yourself off. Yes you can. It's just hot and muggy and human.
Speaker 3: Had a great time at the beach the other day, had a blast at the beach. Although the had a blast, the bugs were biting, but still it was a good time.
Speaker 1: Great. Some dude made a giant polar bear in the sand. It was so cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, like a sand castle polar bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess fun. Hey's eat cereal? Okay, Welcome to this carefully curated episode of I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not even I'm not even giving that my attention anymore.
Speaker 1: It's really nice.
Speaker 2: It's going to be your thing.
Speaker 1: I saw this, say, saw this cereal at shop? Right? Okay, are you playing kneasy with me?
Speaker 2: You're the one who's knocking into me. Bruh.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that this cereal was a thing. That makes I have to like give back my cereal card because I should.
Speaker 1: Have known what your cereal card. Well, I didn't see this one.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's the one that my mom sent me a picture of. Could I show you a picture of what she sent me a picture of and see if it matches before we start that it's not. Let's see, because she was gonna get this.
Speaker 3: By the way, do you know that as of right now, we have tried eight hundred ninety nine cereals, so this next cereal will be the nine hundredth cereal. Wow, that's like should go in like a cereal hall of fame, unless it's bad, and then we should throw right even this.
Speaker 2: Particular one, this one.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what we're doing right now.
Speaker 3: Well, she bought this for us. I wish she didn't because you have it coming up as cereal number two.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Hey mom, Look.
Speaker 1: Look Donna I have the same one.
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sends me pictures from the cereal aisle all the time.
Speaker 1: I love that she goes to shop. Right, check it out. It's maple brown sugar checks.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that because.
Speaker 1: You like maple. I love maple, I like brown sugar. Yeah, but I don't love maple. No, so we'll see how it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, look at the big line of checks. Oh where's the vanilla? Why did they get rid of vanilla? I don't like vanilla. Checks is one of the best ones. Here's what they have on the back. They blueberry, wheat, corn, rice, maple, cinnamon, maple, brown sugar. Sorry, chocolate, honeynuts, cinnamon, and peanut butter. I love peanut butter.
Speaker 1: One is still great.
Speaker 2: Rice checks are so good. I'm excited for this. This, this hopefully is good.
Speaker 1: Do you know who makes checks?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, you don't know. Stop looking at the box, you know?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: If I said it, then it would be like you. I think it's uh, you know, obvious.
Speaker 1: It's very mapley you smell.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's gonna be good. I think General Mills makes it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you saw the box time.
Speaker 2: Oh he didn't. Well, I actually saw this and that's like a General Mills thing.
Speaker 1: You don't know that, Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You know you haven't sent me any like condescending text talks lately. I'll send you what do you call those texts? Voice notes?
Speaker 1: Voice notes? Thank you?
Speaker 2: What are the kids calling those new fangled things?
Speaker 3: I'll give you a fangled what Here we go where today we're using one percent bowl and basket milk. Still got to get on that call with Farmland Daries Andrew spoon me.
Speaker 1: Here you go, spoon man, what.
Speaker 2: One two three? Hmm?
Speaker 1: It smells more maplely than it tastes. I'll say that there's no maple. I think it's just essence of right, well, it should.
Speaker 2: Say essence of maple because it tastes the brown sugar.
Speaker 3: These checks are a little crunchier than your average checks. They it's not bad. It's just more brown sugar than it is maple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you talk please, I'm trying, but I'm eating cereal on Cereal podcast. Okay, I give this one. I think three bowls in a spoom. I think it's a little bit of false advertising to say it's maple.
Speaker 1: It's not false advertising.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so when I buy maple checks and I don't taste any maple, No, that's definitely not false advertising.
Speaker 1: It smells like you would you like to bring a suit against them maybe yeah, yeah, maybe class action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then when I make some I'm gonna own General Mills.
Speaker 1: There's maple syrup in here. It says maple syrup.
Speaker 2: It tastes like it was maybe next to it. It's kind of like a Lacroix. It's like when they say like, oh, it's pompleberry. Yeah, maybe it was next to like a pompleberry whatever, that's grapefruit whatever. It tastes like it's next to it. It has the essence of it, but it's not maple.
Speaker 1: It's decent. I give it three balls. I wouldn't buy it and need it for breakfast, but not terrible.
Speaker 2: It's extremely underwhelming if you're looking for a maple cereal, That's what I'll say. But as on the whole, it is good.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the last maple cereal that we did that was underwhelming? Maple ley as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was it? It was a General Millson.
Speaker 3: It was not it was it was it was a flake Kelloggs makes it Kellogg's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what was it?
Speaker 3: It was like three weeks ago, frosted flat.
Speaker 1: I see, yeah, what do you think it was? You don't remember maple?
Speaker 3: Was it one of those granola It was maple Raisin brand?
Speaker 1: Remember? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one wasn't good.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't that Mapley.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, one's really done maple, right except for Waffle Crest.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is the best?
Speaker 1: Who makes that?
Speaker 2: That is post very good?
Speaker 1: Andrew?
Speaker 2: Because I have the box that you gave me, the family size one, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You still have that?
Speaker 2: I had to throw it out the other day.
Speaker 1: I only have a little bit there was all congealed that were just stuck together. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the best. Here. It really makes your whole apartment smell.
Speaker 1: Like it, can I I remember I said that. We went to the beach the other day. Yeah, I know this is not serial related. And I'm sorry. You can say say River bull Chat if you want.
Speaker 2: I won't because I'm not a stickler like you.
Speaker 3: But so Cooper made me go in the ocean to find the little sand crabs. Uh you know what of those little things that they tickle by the way, I don't really like holding them because they tickle. So I found three or four of them and she put them in an apple juice bottle with sand and whatnot or whatever and brought them home.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you can't do that. First of all, you're not supposed to take sea life home. Oh you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she's like, no, I want them as pets. So they were okay for like ten minutes, and then they just were upside down. I'm like, Cooper, no, they don't. They're not gonna live in an apple juice bottle on the counter. No, they need to be in the ocean. Yeah, you know, even though there was sand and stuff in there. Salt water, yeah, just no.
Speaker 2: Did you go return them? No?
Speaker 1: I threw them in the track, return the what to the earth?
Speaker 2: To the earth? You just said, oh, ocean, ocean? Ocean? Hey, where should I return them?
Speaker 1: They were dead?
Speaker 2: You don't know that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: I bet you. If you put them back, did you give them fresh water?
Speaker 1: Like this upside They don't want fresh water, they want saltwater.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm saying. When you got home and you put them in this apple juice bottle, was it just the apple juice? That you. Was it the bottle that you got from Like did she scoop it with?
Speaker 1: There was no apple juice in it.
Speaker 2: I washed it, I know then when you got the crabs, Yeah, was that sea water inside of it?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: So it was still salt water.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what they live in.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just thought maybe like you dumped it and then put that in there.
Speaker 1: Just once for Donna. There she is on the front with her head band playing tennis.
Speaker 2: What a the bag?
Speaker 1: It's a Luna really. Yeah, I don't like the puppies. I don't like that dopey poodle.
Speaker 2: Honestly, poodles are I'm sorry for people that don't poodle.
Speaker 1: No, I don't need any bashing love poodles.
Speaker 2: I was first bread to hunt badgers. Luna would never Some people like to call me a wiener dog that I prefer hamburgers. Luna eats a whole hamburger by herself.
Speaker 1: All dogs do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean at her size is a mini docs and probably shouldn't, but.
Speaker 1: She's got the Donna. Thanks for looking at Oh. I love the quality assured logo with a little shopping cart. Love that you do. Bowling basket is a shop.
Speaker 2: You could have returned those crabs to the water, not after they were dead. You don't know that they were down.
Speaker 1: So I needed to take a special trip all the way back to Tobey Beach.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tobe Beach to return I should have gone back to where Tobe beach?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: So anyway, Uh, Crispy crunchy berry. Krispy crunchy berry, like the Captain crunch which one.
Speaker 2: With the berries? It's one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh really, it's such a favorite. You don't even know what it's called.
Speaker 2: Crunchberries. Very good, Andrew, Yes, And do you like how he said capin Yes, not.
Speaker 3: Captain, speaking of the cap'n. Did you see his makeover? He's a real he's creepy now yeah.
Speaker 2: Does he look like the fruit Loops bird?
Speaker 1: Yes, he looks very animated.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't get it. I just don't get it. Why are we redesigning classic logos?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So this guy he's playing tennis here, or maybe he's playing pickup. No, that's not a pickleball racket. He should be playing pick a ball because that's all the rage it is.
Speaker 2: I have pickleball rackets at home.
Speaker 1: Try all our cereals frosted flakes, Krispy Rice, a bunch of dogs on the back. I like this.
Speaker 3: I like that they give you something to do on the back of the box. It's good. Yeah, simple shop right, Yeah, God, they.
Speaker 1: Really should come on board and sponsor us. Speaking do cereals, we can have their milk everything.
Speaker 2: We could do a live episode from a shop, right, Oh, I would love that.
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 2: Actually you wouldn't because people would just be browsing the cereal aisles and you'd just be self conscious the whole time.
Speaker 1: Not a shop, right, that's my second home. So these pieces are the berry pieces are all different sizes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're very big, they are. They're larger. It smells just like crunchberries.
Speaker 1: It has the same tear up your mouth, you know, consistency.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good, right, definitely doesn't. Oddly enough, smells like crunchberries. Doesn't taste like crunchberries. Crunchberry similar, crunchberries is a little bit sweeter, sweeter than this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it isn't.
Speaker 1: Kind of weird like the word crunch almost as like Captain quenches crunch font.
Speaker 2: Don't tell them shop right, my kids?
Speaker 1: Serious, they only altered it slightly.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give this four bowls. I think it's a good imitation, but it is an imitation.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's in a row.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they go beyond. This one does not. The berries are not as I don't know, so they're not berries.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, Oh they're not scott Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked that they didn't put berries Crispy crunch berries, cereal.
Speaker 1: Three balls.
Speaker 2: I have never reviewed cereals before. I always thought these were real berries.
Speaker 1: Is that what the hippop sounds like? Yeah, all right, we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 2: You better hurry because I'm doing a live radio show right as this is going on. Right, no floozy woozy diddle dead.
Speaker 1: I only have a few minutes left for this last one. Okay, now this is also a store brand. Okay, it's from Walmart. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I was looking for them.
Speaker 3: I don't think you should be drinking coffee while you're doing this. It's gonna alter the taste. Yep, keep going, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: It's I don't know, coffee is palette alternative? You're gonna like anything?
Speaker 2: We should be doing that in because so we could give it a.
Speaker 3: Fair show like this great value from Walmart. Hell yeah, bite size frosted strawberry shredded wheat.
Speaker 2: So back to what I was saying with this one being in imitation, great value usually goes above and beyond, in my opinion, with certain cereals the original like, this is gonna taste better than any frost of miniweek really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now we've actually done a bunch of strawberry frosted many weeks. Yes, and you can't really call it that, It says they got to call it bite size because frosted Mini Weeks is trademarked by.
Speaker 2: Post Oh, General Mills, Oh my god, Kelloggs.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you got it on the third try. That's cool. You're almost out of brands, a.
Speaker 2: Set of brands, Oh my god. But you think the berries are really crunchberries and now you're doing this, Oh my god, what's next. It's just, you know, we rate with bulls and spoons, but not real bulls and spoons.
Speaker 1: I just I just feel like you don't just you just don't pay attention at all. Please, dude, Frosted Mini Weeks is a massively popular cereal. Dude, They've been around for a long time.
Speaker 2: Dude, Come on, dude, all right. It's one of those that if it was on like a Jeopardy or something.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't get it. No, you'd Final Jeopardy. You would lose, Okay, you would. Don't you think if you were in the crowd and that question came up.
Speaker 2: I could just see you in the crowd, like you need a lifeline.
Speaker 1: There's no lifelines and Jeopardy you.
Speaker 2: I don't say, but don't love this. This doesn't have anything on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of them are half frosted, some of them. It's just I feel like there's very wonky machinery there at Walmart.
Speaker 1: Wonky machinery.
Speaker 2: Never anybody says wonky. It makes me think they're British. Hmm.
Speaker 1: The many, the wheat itself, whoa, I don't really know. I don't like a strawberry.
Speaker 2: It tastes weird, kind of underwhelming.
Speaker 1: I also think it's artificially flavored.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no way, they didn't put real strawberry in this.
Speaker 1: I mean there's pictures of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's pictures.
Speaker 1: Of sugar strawberries on the front.
Speaker 2: Are you saying strawberries don't usually look like this? That is crazy.
Speaker 1: You're such a jerk.
Speaker 2: You're the one who started it.
Speaker 1: Whole grain wheat, sugar, gelatine, natural and artificial flavor, red forty blue one.
Speaker 2: There is not enough strawberry coating on these. I feel like more than half my cup just doesn't have any of it on it.
Speaker 1: I don't particularly care for this. I'm giving it a ball on a spoon.
Speaker 2: I give it two bowls. Very sad. You were supposed to be my saving grace and you did nothing. You failed.
Speaker 1: The frosted mini wheats of any kind generally do pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is so sad.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Like I really was looking for like an overcoated shredded wheat, yeah, bite, and I didn't get any of that. And then, like I said, more than half of them in my cup right now have nothing on them.
Speaker 1: Great value generally? Does it pretty?
Speaker 2: Does this have the If you don't like it, you can return it?
Speaker 1: No, that's multimeal.
Speaker 2: Did you believe it? Then it's multimeal? Oh my god, just saying yeah, no, this was not good. It's sad.
Speaker 1: It is heart healthy great.
Speaker 2: I don't see how that's true because it's just gelatin and sugar.
Speaker 1: That's true. I don't see anything that says oh, great quality, great price guaranteed. Our guarantee is our promise that you'll be fully satisfied with the quality of every great value product. If for any reason you aren't happy, we'll replace it or return your money, whichever you prefer. All you use the package. It's that simple, guaranteed. Would you please call?
Speaker 2: No, No, you should. No.
Speaker 1: I need you to call because I got to record a traffick report.
Speaker 2: Oh here, Oh my god, you guys are gonna get to see it live when I do my Scotty voice.
Speaker 1: What no, no, no weather and I learn about it traffic.
Speaker 2: Damn it. I thought you were going to do.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I love when he does the weather because he gets so into it. Well, I mean I need the report to be correct, I know, but just the way you do it. Well, if I had to do it right now, i'd be like mostly sunny today, maybe an afternoon thunderstrum High eighty six gets down to seventy one tonight tomorrow for your Wednesday, beautiful sunshine high near ninety right now seventy four in the city at Z one hundred. I know it's hysterical, is you know? His like meteorology thing. This is why kids if you're in school and you're going for meteorology, you don't need to you know, he doesn't have a degree in meteorology. Read it off westing Off of ABC seven dot com. That's the local New York channel.
Speaker 2: He just reads their weather and people are like, oh my god, that is the weather.
Speaker 1: Well do I have to give them alaint disclaimer that that's where I got it from.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny that it's well.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're not a weather bureau or a weather radio station or of any kind.
Speaker 2: We just take the way you take it so seriously serious.
Speaker 1: I gotta let people know what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's just the way you do.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Thank you for listening to serial Killers. Please follow us on social to.
Speaker 2: Be seventy four today, I have ninety five.
Speaker 3: I would never say it like that. It's gonna be seventy. It's gonna be seventy four today, high of ninety five. Learn about weather Report. Learn about it.
Speaker 2: You will never.
Speaker 1: Succeed meteorologists edgra Pug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did take a class, but I cheated my way through it. So yeah, just like you do through life, meteorology math does not make sense, and I will legit say that because my roommate, who was a math major, literally was like, this does not make sense okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Not relatable for me. So we're gonna end it here.
Speaker 1: I have to go.
Speaker 2: I gotta have a great day. Just kidding. Don't follow us by and he's an idiot. General Mills Killogg's bye.
Speaker 3: Please follow us at serial Killers PC on all social platforms. Check out the website serial killerspc dot com. You could see the nine hundred plus cereals that we've done up until now. Underwhelming episode for nine hundred ceial Well, I think that might be wrong. And for someone who's a serial curator, you should have really picked like a golden cereal. Oh and if that dropped all over your boards, you would have gone crazy? Got it anyway, until we see you on Wednesday with an all new ball chats.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna go pick some crutchberrys.
Speaker 1: I do have a bush in my backyard.
Speaker 3: Can talk to you later, cr Crunch Bye. It's It's Live Radio's Live Live Live Live. Learn about live, learning about live