Speaker 1: Two teas in a pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera Judge.
Speaker 2: Welcome to to teas and a pod with Tamra Judge and today feeling it for Teddy is Cynthia Bailey. We have Kenya Moore TV personality, actress, entrepreneur and so much more to talk about her new movie, Abducted off the Street.
Speaker 3: There she is Cynthia Bailey, missus Bailey's voice.
Speaker 2: That's a girl.
Speaker 3: Hi. Can I.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us and we're so excited to talk about your new movie that's coming out February tenth on Lifetime Abducted off the Street.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am.
Speaker 3: I'm really proud of this one. Guys, Like, i feel like I'm so pumped about this movie. I'm like already campaigning for an Emmy.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like, Mimi, can you tell us a little bit about the movie. It is actually a true story, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a true story.
Speaker 3: It's Abducted off the Street that Carlsha gave their story. It's basically a young girl who was a nurse's assistant twenty you know, very young girl, twenty year old, loved by everyone, and she was leaving a family gathering in Philadelphia and she was abducted from this homicidal you know killer basically, and she dropped hints along the way as she was captured so that the authorities and her family could find her. So it's a real life story. It was all over the news before. And the remarkable thing is is that she was found within the first seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: And I think that I have chills all over my body. I'm gonna tell you that right now. Guys, you can go on Kenya's instagram. You have the trailer on there, right Yeah. Yeah, I watched it before we got on here, and I'm like, oh my god, I have.
Speaker 4: To see this.
Speaker 5: So I can't wait to see it. Can you How were you casted for this? Did you audition for it? Did they just make you an offer?
Speaker 4: I'm off for Only? Okay, what can you tell?
Speaker 2: Can you tell listeners what part you play in the movie?
Speaker 4: I'm actually not for Only.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding around. We had a meeting and we were looking for something for me, and also, you know, it was a whole big thing with Lifetime because I would like to do more business with them, but they were like to have something for you now, and once I read the story. I put it down the first time I put it down because five pages.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, I don't think I can do this. What it was that.
Speaker 3: Intense, Like the story, the subject matter, especially being.
Speaker 4: A mom, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Triggers your deepest fears about what can happen to your child and especially your your daughter. And so I was like, I don't think I can do it, Like it's just it's too heavy of a subject matter for me and it's just like making me think of all of these different scenarios. But then I was like, you know what, let me think of the reasons why I should do it. The fact that it would be bringing awareness to life and disparity in news coverage for missing and minority victims, the fact that as a black woman, we don't get the same amount of coverage that you know, other people get we go missing and when our children go missing. And so I felt like those reasons, I'll weigh my fears, and then I was like I.
Speaker 4: Have to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good decision. I personally, when it comes to movies with children or you know, being kid, I have a hard time watching. Yeah, but I watched the trailer and I'm telling you I'm hooked already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's people are so excited and I'm so happy that people are excited to see this movie.
Speaker 4: You know, I was an actress.
Speaker 3: In Hollywood for like twenty plus years, you know, after winning Miss Usa, I stayed in California to act, and so a lot of people now in this generation, they know me from Real Housewives of you know, Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 4: But they didn't know me from before, you know.
Speaker 3: But that's how I paid my bills before I was an actress and actually Darling an actree.
Speaker 2: How many movies have you done?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: My person movie was Waiting to Exhale, which was a blockbuster with Angela Bassett and Whitney Houston My baby Daddy, that's your baby Daddy.
Speaker 4: So it was a hit.
Speaker 3: It was like one of the highest grossing films of all time.
Speaker 4: Classic.
Speaker 3: I don't know about all time, let me not exactly, but I think it's definitely a black classic.
Speaker 4: Sure, it is a black classic. Top ten film, so my first time.
Speaker 3: So I would say, if you were to ask me a number, easily ten films, but countless TV shows.
Speaker 4: I was that girl who always showed up on a TV show. You know, so I was.
Speaker 5: I was always showing up for this role actually because I know the way that your mother, Miss Brooklyn, and I can completely understand why Lifetime.
Speaker 4: Would want you to play this role. Are you interested in doing more acting?
Speaker 5: And I know that was the you know how you started your career, you know, as that's something that you want to try to focus on a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Yes, Miss Bailey, you better come with the questions. Come with those. Not only are you an actress, but you are a great podcaster. Yes, thank you, thank you? Yours levels levels, baby, baby level.
Speaker 3: You know what. Yes, I am interested in acting more. The fans were like asking me, when are we going to see you on screen? What are we going to se you acting again? And I was like, yes, when are you? Sop is really the year of me, like the year of getting back to everything that I want. I just, you know, have my birthday, you know that, Miss Bailey.
Speaker 4: A week ago.
Speaker 3: I celebrated it the way I wanted to shut up on Garris Y Paris and Morocco.
Speaker 4: Honey.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yes, yes, a big birthday.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I've crossed the big birthday, you know. Yeah, I know, I'm thirty five it's five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get you five.
Speaker 4: Basically, I know I lived thirty five.
Speaker 5: But well, I'm certainly looking forward to you co staring in a movie with me at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was actually my next question. Would you guys like to work together?
Speaker 4: Of course, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm a writer too, so I have other and a producer and a director, and I have I wear a lot of hats. I mean, I love his business. I love being a creative honestly, and you know, obviously this is this is our playground, right And I write things all the time. I wake up in the middle of the night with an idea and I write it down, and I'm like, I can't wait to make this movie. I can't I can't wait to remake a movie. I want to do it my way. Like so, I just feel like I again, I don't want to be stifled. I don't want someone telling me no, I'll just do it myself, you know.
Speaker 5: And I'm very proud to remind everyone that I was a part of King's first movie debut on The Royal Housewives of Atlanta Life twirls on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the pilot of the TV pilot, and she was amazing.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was fun and I want as well knows that was as well he played, so you know, he's part of Hollywood Royalty, Dog and you're part of Beauty Royalty.
Speaker 4: You know, if there was such thing, you're the Beauty Royalty.
Speaker 2: Do you prefer scripted or unscripted?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Girl, that's an easy one.
Speaker 2: That's scripted, Yeah, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, because you know, it's hard to live your life out loud.
Speaker 3: It's hard to be vulnerable on camera and people capturing when you are at your lowest, like you know, from Real house Life. I have been seen at my lowest in my life from that show and so many things that are like embarrassing. Happy times too, but you know, I I that's hard. You know, that's hard to reveal yourself and then to open it up for everyone to make a comment about everyone, to have an opinion about it, you know, people loving you or hating your vice versas. Like, it's just it's a lot to deal with.
Speaker 2: You Do you agree being on unscripted helps you get because you're on a big platform like Housewives, to get scripted shows, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's tough out there, you know, it's it's tough out there.
Speaker 3: There are some very well known actresses that are not working and more famous than me, you know, that have had blockbuster movies, you know. So I don't think so. I think talent at the end of the day, will book you a job.
Speaker 2: Talentlesshine for sure, I would agree with that.
Speaker 4: I would say it could go either way.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes they can hold it against you if there's a reality star and not really take you seriously. Or the good side of it is you have the exposure that at least know who you are, you maybe can get a meeting. But I think at the end of the day, for me personally, I always feel like I have to over deliver, you know, to overcome myself coming.
Speaker 4: That's true. That's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: I mean I think I have a little bit of an advantage because I did.
Speaker 2: Work so long for so many years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like I'm not transitioning into acting.
Speaker 4: I was an actor before.
Speaker 2: But it's what was your favorite part about filming this movie?
Speaker 3: Oh, it was a tough movie to film. I'm not even gonna lie being a part, just being a part, you know, being able to shed if you see this movie, you see the trailer, I'm not ken yet you know what I mean, Keisha, I am Carlisha Gaither's mom, and I wanted people to see me as her mom and not Kenymore from Royal Housewives of Atlanta. And I think that was the most fun part is to just really shed all of the layers that I naturally bring to the table and embody this character.
Speaker 5: That was chemistry with you and the young lady that played your daughter. And what did you guys film a movie?
Speaker 3: We we filmed in Toronto, like not too far from Toronto, and that was great, Hey, Drake, it was we filmed it outside of Toronto, and wow, Ryelle was She's a talented girl.
Speaker 4: You know, she's a Disney kid.
Speaker 3: Uh, She's obviously got the chops and I think that this is going to do wonders for her career. I mean, you know, she's she's basically the leading lady in the film and she delivered. So it was great working on She was very down to earth, easy to talk to. Her mom was on set with her. It was it was just a great experience. The director. I have to give a shout out to the director because she was she was a sweetheart. Katie Bowling, who was a Housewife fan. She didn't tell me until every he was done. She was like, I've been wanting to tell you I'm a Housewife fan, and you.
Speaker 4: Know it was.
Speaker 3: It's been great working with you and she she's talented, she's done some other Lifetime movies, but she was great and I was just I just felt honored too, even though it was it wasn't a room, but to be in the room, you know what could be to have a seat at the table and for people to take me seriously and to let my talent shine and not you know, judge my acting on reality TV star perspective.
Speaker 2: Were you able to bring Brooklyn with you?
Speaker 4: Brooklyn was there? You know, I don't leave it.
Speaker 2: I know, but I saw that episode when you were had her in the hotel round.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you watched the Real House was Blanta Tamra.
Speaker 3: But Brooklyn goes in, why did you squinch your eyes on that box? Okay, Auntie, I'm alf Brooklyn. No, you can your eyes on that Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm just getting no. No, No, Brooklyn is the other. She was always the other unofficial housewife.
Speaker 5: The OA that way did not take off unless it okay, you know, go on the girls trip.
Speaker 4: That's the only thing that I that I've shot with you that she didn't go on to be honest.
Speaker 3: But anyway, well they pretty much threatened me and tell me was not gonna be allowed to take her. But no I thought about sneaking her on the island and just keeping her clothes.
Speaker 4: But it was hard. I mean, I just do that. Actually I couldn't. I could not let her out of my sight.
Speaker 3: In the beginning, I you know, prayed, you know, so long to have her, and it was difficult for me, you know, I had to navigate through that. But now I went to Morocco by myself. I went to Paris by myself. So I would be proud of me for that.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 5: You need like this is you know, I feel like you're in your season, yeah time, and you need like it's so important as mothers and tim you can relate to this as well for us to have that meat time. Like I'm at Noel's house now, clearly I'm still I've always been obsessed with Noel again, and she's twenty four, so I'm just like, but that meantime is so important and this is your time home, and I love to see it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, baby, I appreciate that. No, I feel it like twenty twenty four. It's starting off with a bang. You know I finally got my papers. You know I've been waiting for my papers for a lot.
Speaker 2: I know we need to talk about that, but I wanted speaking of a bang. Can you Cynthia told us in San Francisco, I believe that Lenny Kravitz is her celebrity crush. Yeah, yeah, right, I think he's everybody celebrity crush. Can you tell us who's yours is?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: First, I want to know, so, did you know that I have a photo with Lenny Cynthia photo or recent photo as recent as last year?
Speaker 5: If I shared with you that I also have a photo with Lenny Kravi crevi as well?
Speaker 4: Okay, photo, I need to was his hand around your waist? It was not.
Speaker 2: Don't Cynthia dreams, don't crush your dreams?
Speaker 4: Oh my god. No, he did not have his hand around my way you have your hand around his waist? No way. He was a little bit more snatched than me. So no, I didn't do it.
Speaker 5: Mich Wace is definitely smaller than my waist, honey, I can tell you that.
Speaker 3: Uh, let me stand a little bit more farm away.
Speaker 5: I gotta get my Lenny crabs before you post your first I didn't know you were my competition with Lenny.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, no, no, no, he's easy. I think he's sexty. He's not. He's not like you don't have any competent. I'll leave. I'll give him to you, girl.
Speaker 2: So do you have an answer? Who is your celebrity crushause?
Speaker 3: I know you're paid what you said?
Speaker 4: Who is my type? And you know I know your type?
Speaker 3: I know you know you. Oh my god, Cynthia. I would find me a man. Any time Cynthia says I know a guy for you, I'm gonna pick up the phone. I'm gonna listen. Because Cynthia knows my type back and forth. She can pick a guy out of a room for me. It's crazy. She's nail it every time. So she already knows.
Speaker 5: So tell the world, Tell the world, what did you even have it? I know your type, but just put out there what is your type? Because okay, so I like I like a pretty boy.
Speaker 3: I like him tall, I like him smart and funny and sweet. I would say at the moment the guy from Richardson, uh rag rage rage in a I don't Reggie about your type.
Speaker 5: If you're listening to this podcast, whatever your correct the correct pronunciation of your name is get.
Speaker 2: At my girl, Oh my god. We have some fan questions for you, okay. One fan question asked, who would you rather film with Kim or Marlow? Kim Marlow?
Speaker 5: Good question, and you can't you can't plete the fifth. This is not watch what happens Like, Oh.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say Kim, And I'll tell you why, because.
Speaker 4: Because Kim, Kim's.
Speaker 3: Is crazy, you know what I mean. Kim is straight crazy, right, so you know it's just gonna be crazy. You know, she's gonna lie, that's what she does. You know she's not gonna be be herself, right, So it's just like it is what it is. I think with Marlow, it just gets so dark and like evil that it's it's so uncomfortable. So Kim, I kind of look at her like it's a joke, you know what I mean, Like, okay, girl, now you pull to the moon last night, but then you were you know, you were over here, like okay girl, and you have seventy thousand million dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah?
Speaker 3: And then the next day she's violent for a bankruptcy, like you know, it's just it's just what she does.
Speaker 2: So okay. Next question, are you watching Traders? And if so, thoughts on Phaedra and Suret's performance and would you ever do Traders?
Speaker 3: So, I you know, I went on my trip, but before my trip, I watched the I think it was four. And by the way, I love you on that girl, You're.
Speaker 2: No thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm only one. I think I'm only on three. I don't think I'm only on three. But it is absolutely amazing. I love it.
Speaker 2: It is heating up. Now we're on episode six, I mean episodes.
Speaker 4: How many episodes are the total number?
Speaker 2: I want to say, like ten or eleven episodes?
Speaker 4: I also way behind. I'm way behind. Are you still there?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Murdered me.
Speaker 4: Oh if you were on the show, would you have cluder experience? She would have been the first one I would have said, you know, I know who she is planning the game?
Speaker 5: So good because when I tell you, I would have walked into the house going, I know, damn is gonna be a Trader.
Speaker 2: I had suspicions, definitely suspicions. But this is what Padra did. She would prey on everybody, talk about Jesus. She would like, you know, have little nicknames. Everyone everyone thought, Oh my god, she yea so sweet.
Speaker 4: That's of the game. See, if you were you would know, you'd been like, oh yeah, let's let's go in.
Speaker 5: And then the more she prayed and the more she complimented, the more she would be like, she's definitely the trader, like trust and belief.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Phaedra, I haven't seen the last episodes, but I would have told you guys from the beginning it's definitely Pedra.
Speaker 4: I would bet my life on it because she you know, that's.
Speaker 3: How she's lived her life, like she lived her life as a trader.
Speaker 5: Planned the hell out of the game's played, you guys, she's playing. Yeah, and she is playing that game she's doing.
Speaker 2: I know, and people are loving her. My mom my mom text me the other day she's like that really sweet girl, Phaedra. I, you know, I can't believe she murdered you, And I'm like I can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can, and all that talk about oh you know not, well, you're not gonna come in here and bring up the housewives like we're a gang and all that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, girl, you would throw then let me.
Speaker 2: Stop, just keep going, keep going.
Speaker 3: I've gotta get in trouble. I think she's doing an amazing job. I just wish she would always lean into the villain that she really is.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: Baby, you're so good at it. We know who it is, you know, we know what it is about. But she's.
Speaker 2: Now have you been watching did you watch something city?
Speaker 4: They didn't watch Salt Lake City.
Speaker 3: But I love Lisa, Yeah, I love Lisa.
Speaker 4: She's so sweet to me.
Speaker 2: I was just wondering what you would do if you found out one of your castmates was running a troll account on Instagram?
Speaker 4: Didn't that already happen to me? Oh?
Speaker 2: Did it? Is this Pedra?
Speaker 5: I mean after all these years, I mean I can't say that. No one hasn't done it. Maybe they haven't gotten caught.
Speaker 4: I think they surprise hasn't happened, and they just did get caught.
Speaker 2: Then he get caught. Yeah, I think about that all the time.
Speaker 3: No, it's been some strange occurrences, uh happening around. Like I'll just leave it at that. I wouldn't be surprised. No, no, And back to your other questions. Would I do Traders? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Guys would be great. It's a great experience. It is a big commitment because you have to go to Scotland. You're there for almost a month. You don't have a pound. Yeah, so a lot of people aren't able, like if they have little kids. It's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would That would probably make me say no if it's a month and all that, I yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 5: We'll After doing Big Brother and being in that house, yeah yeah, doing Cynthia doing it with her eyes closed, Cynthia is really really good.
Speaker 4: I after doing Big Brother, I can do any show anyway.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could do You're wrong.
Speaker 4: I can't do that Air Force show that you wrong? Can you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: That was the best show ever.
Speaker 2: I got a call about doing that show you should do well. I had another commitment to do. I had another show that I had to do, not TV show, but a live show, so I couldn't do it. But I heard it's amazing.
Speaker 4: That would be a hard pass for me.
Speaker 2: That's a special for me.
Speaker 3: Cynthia windows cy be like, uh, I remember watching China and she was getting ready to it was a damn and they had to go or I think it was a damn and they had to go down, propel themselves down.
Speaker 4: And she was looking over, looking up. She's like, yep, I'm done. Yep.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: She's like, yep, my my own shadow, I'm afraid of heights.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to I have to ask, I have to ask this question. So real House of Atlanta. Yes, So there's a lot of talk about Atlanta and where it stands right now. So, uh, what are your thoughts on the cast? Do you think? Do you agree somebody needs to go?
Speaker 4: Should they be a shakeup?
Speaker 2: Shake up?
Speaker 4: Oh? Shake it up?
Speaker 3: I mean I think I think that's a no brainer. I think that the cast wasn't working as it was. I think I don't think anyone would disagree with that statement. So do they need new blood, yes? Do they need a shakeup yes? Do they need to get rid of the entire cast and recast?
Speaker 4: No? But yeah shakeup? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Teddy and I were with Cynthia last weekend and Carlos King recently faced timed into our podcast and said he wants sees and six casts back from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: What do you think it will never happen, but it was. It was an epic season. We had great chemistry. We just had the best chemistry, the right personalities together, the tension, the resolutions, the drama.
Speaker 4: It was just stories. It was effortless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every everyone had drama, you know, with their guys, and it was It was definitely one of the best seasons in the history of housewives.
Speaker 2: So that was nine Candy, Cynthia, Faser, Porscha, and Kenya. Right, and you miss anybody?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was a good I missed those days. Yeah, it was great with the Golden days.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I have a couple more questions. Do you feel like you were punished for having your wedding off camera?
Speaker 4: I mean, is that a question? I mean, I think it's pretty.
Speaker 2: Pretty obvious the answer to that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: People assume and they talk about it, but you never know what the real truth is. It could have been like you didn't.
Speaker 4: Want to come back. I mean, I think we know what the answer is that.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 4: That's question? What else we get?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 2: You got a question about ken you more hair care?
Speaker 4: My amazing news.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would love you Sore Haircare Kenya More Hair Haircare. Yes, so we are we we are open. We are in Atlanta. It's a head spot and a hair spot. I'm so excited because it's my first venture into a brick and mortar store and it's it's like a vertical integration between Keny More Hair Care and the spot and I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: Like congratulations, I mean so proud of So it's officially open open, we can we can go.
Speaker 3: There after I get off of this press tour because I need to be there. But I'm definitely servicing people. We're getting rid of all of the kings.
Speaker 4: What could go wrong?
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't have towels here. Okay, this person you sprayed, you know, their whole back you know when you watch there, you know. So we're just getting all of that because once you open and those people can put out reviews on you, you can't you can't get them back. Yeah, so we're just working out all the kings. So you better come, miss Bailey soon as.
Speaker 4: I get back to Atlanta. But I'm having one next week you get to La So yes, of course, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well thank you so much. I know you need to go So Guys Abducted Off the Street premieres February tenth on Lifetime. We can't wait to watch.
Speaker 4: A PM just ten days away. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: We thank you bye, have a good day
Speaker 4: You too, Bye bye