Speaker 1: The most unique NBA podcast is out on Odyssey. Peak Check with Trista Creek is funnier, edgier, and more insightful than wherever you're getting your NBA entertainment from.
Speaker 2: Fire Absolute fire.
Speaker 3: Anyone who can put four carrot diamonds all around his suit, plastered on and so on. This man knew he was going number one.
Speaker 1: Hilarious insights, incredible interview and opinions. Others don't have the courage to say. Peat Check with Trista Creek can be found on the Odyssey and wherever you get your favorite podcast.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's move on to the news though, as we start, just like any other.
Speaker 2: Podcast in the last two years, we have to start in Brooklyn, don't we. The news around the league the past week is that Kevin.
Speaker 3: Durant is headed to Boston or that there are rumors that the Boston Celtics have offered This part is crucial. They have offered Jalen Brown to the Nets in exchange for others as well, and also Jalen Brown plus others plus picks. Jalen Brown is the centerpiece of this proposed proposed from Boston side trade Jalen Brown, Derek White multiple picks.
Speaker 2: The Nets have apparently.
Speaker 3: Rejected this pick, this offer because it's the moon and the stars and the earth and the wind is only required for our man Sean Marks GM of the Nets. And we can thank Rudy Gobert again for bad things happening in our world of NBA, because if it wasn't for Rudy, this deal probably would have been done. The Internet, of course freaks out over this, but to me, the move makes sense for both teams right. The Nets, of course, are adamant about getting an all star back in return for their package for Durant and for the Celtics coming off of the finals run, facing a very a certain Eastern conference where you could have gone to the finals and may never be back. Like the Toronto Raptors, your window might be open and then it might be shut. Because the Bucks are here. They got Joe Ingles to help them in their title run. Of course, that's a piece on top of Chris Middleton, on top of Drew Holliday, on top of oh, I don't know his name's Jannis Onto Takoumpo.
Speaker 2: They also very huge transaction. I forgot to mention.
Speaker 3: The Bucks recently this week have signed the fourth Onto Takoumpo, so the dynasty is complete. All five stone, all four stones to the Thanos Glove are intact. All the Onto Tokumpo's will be sharing one hotel room together on the road.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tremendous.
Speaker 3: So you can expect more Onto Takumpo's putting their slapping their hands on the court, being amazing role players as Jannis continues his dominance.
Speaker 2: So that's happening.
Speaker 3: The Raptors are getting better with Scottie Barnes leading them the way. We've got the Cleveland Cavaliers, by the way, they were the one seed for most of the year until Ricky Rubio got injured. They have a million seven footers on that team and they have a plethora of guards.
Speaker 2: They're not going away. I think they're getting better.
Speaker 3: If the Chicago Bulls get healthy and they take another step with Dale and Terry as their point guard in the future, maybe they move on from Kobe White, maybe they figure out a way to get Colin Sexton. They are taking another step we've got Obviously Miami isn't going anywhere. Philadelphia makes a move with PJ. Tucker and Daniel House running it back like the Houston Rockets of twenty sixteen, which I think is tremendous for a lot of reasons. They didn't go out and get Eric Gordon as well. So if you are the Celtics, you make this move right. You have to, because if you can get Kevin Durant and make sure this window is as wide open as you can stretch your little arms or your long arms.
Speaker 2: If you're Robert Williams, as long as you can stretch your wings span out, that's what you do. You must do. The Celtics.
Speaker 3: Throwing the dice on Kevin Durant is a win now move, especially considering the fact that Jalen Brown is needing to be extended in two years. You've already floated his name out there in trade talks. How does he feel about that? If that deal doesn't get done, maybe that's a poisonous little pill that you made for your own self and your own little cup and drink. It tells you I don't have it today. I like, I know I would possibly be salty if my name was thrown out in a trade rumor and it didn't end up getting done, and it's like, well, you didn't think you didn't think I was enough. I only outperformed Jason Tatum pretty much every single game of the finals. Why not throw Tatum's name out there?
Speaker 2: Why not him?
Speaker 3: He was the one who wasn't any good in the finals? Come see it comes off right. Jalen walks to the beat of his own drum, so I'm not sure if he actually feels that way. Still very bold move from the Celtics. I love it the thought to me of Tatum and Kevin Durant together, can anyone stop those wings? You've then got Marcus Smart. Still, you still got my man, Malcolm Brogden went healthy.
Speaker 2: If healthy, You've got Rob.
Speaker 3: Williams, who's an absolute baller. He's only gonna get better. You still have role players on this squad. I mean, we've seen super teams before, but I don't know if two front court scorers like this can be stopped. No double teaming either, especially with the lobre threat there in Rob Williams, could be an absolute bloodbath.
Speaker 2: They immediately become the top team in the East.
Speaker 3: If it's Kevin Durant, Jason Tatum, Malcolm Brogden, Marcus Smart, Rob Williams, al Horford Grant Williams like Peyton Pritchard.
Speaker 2: What come on?
Speaker 3: So oh and by the way, the Hawks got better with de jon tat Murray. The East is stacked, listen stacked. Keep in that mind, though, that this news broke after Shams and Woad's reported that it was getting more and more solid that Kevin Durant was going to stay in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: So the Celtics were like, let's.
Speaker 3: Just try to put our pieces there, because we know they don't want that. That's not an ideal scenario. You don't want to have a player on your team who's disgrunted, who's asked for a trade and you did not give him said trade.
Speaker 2: And of course Katie.
Speaker 3: Is busy tweeting about hypothetical matches between different eras because why not still not backing away from that trade request, still continuing to stand firm in that, And the Nets cannot settle for less because Rudy Gobert and Danny Ainge and the Jazz move makes anything less look really bad. Even though that was a fleecing, everyone around the league knows it's a fleecing. Does it make Minnesota a lot better? Of course it does, But still it's a shitload of picks. If I'm the Cadi, if I'm the Celtics, on thousand percent, I do this trade thousand percent. I don't care that Kavin Durant is older. I don't care that Jalen Brown is a young star.
Speaker 2: If you can keep one.
Speaker 3: Ball handler alongside Tatum and Katie, you are the team to beat. On top of the fact, you don't have to have Marcus Smart as your primary ball handler anymore. Because we know that Kevin Durant does this. He does this every day, all day in crunch time. We've seen him do that for the last decade with Oklahoma City. Even was the ball handler, primary ball handler at times with Golden State, was the primary ball handl aler at times with the Brooklyn Nets, even last playoffs when they got swept to the Boston Celtics, he was the primary ball handler. That was the old point that he was getting double team because he always had the ball in his hand. He had to go off ball and that created all kinds of issues. That's been his role. And then immediately, like I said, makes the Celtics the team to beat. Plus all those picks don't matter. You're talking about it. If you get four first round picks for Kevin Durant. Who cares like this is you've got young studs. Tatum is in his twenties. As long as Tatum's there, those first round picks are gonna be in the late twenties. You're not gonna have any lottery picks. What are you talking about? So do it make it so, basketball gods, make.
Speaker 1: It back
Speaker 2: Money Day.