Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest matchup of the week. It's Michigan versus the Big Ten. The commissioner of the Big Ten. I'm not sure what the pointspread is right now or the over under. We'll explore that a little bit further. It feels like there's going to be an unveiling today of swords, but Michigan is going to put up a fight, and the question is what kind of punishment if any punishment is handed out? As early as today eight seven, seven to three DP show email address depat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show say good morning to those watching on Peacock. Thank you and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio. Eli Manning will stop by a little bit later on The Great College Football Voice. Rick Neuheisel, former college football coach, will give us his thoughts on what should and what will happen with Jim Harbaugh Michigan. Keep in mind, Rick said two weeks ago he thinks by next year Jim Harbaugh is back in the NFL, so Michigan in the Big Ten. Go back and forth on possible punishments. Here and ESPN has been all over this story. Any potential discipline from the commissioner is not expected until today. It's unknown as of now whether the potential penalties could be a suspension, a fine, or both neither, and the focus would be on Jim Harbaugh and not the players themselves. This is according to ESPN. Michigan has responded in a big way. They sent out a ten page response to the conference and it was focused on urging the commissioner to respect due process and argued that a sanction at this stage would be breaking the league's by laws and an effort to lay the groundwork for potential legal intervention if Jim Harbaugh is suspended this week, once again, the best matchup of the week is the Big Ten versus Jim Harbugh Michigan. But you got everybody in your house, The representatives are in this, you got all everybody's on board with this, and I think if it's above and beyond what Michigan would expect, then there'll be a temporary injunction. Now. I mean they're going to make sure that this isn't heard, settled, decided until in the off season that Michigan would still be able to go full speed ahead and play maybe for a national championship. They got Penn State coming up this weekend and then Maryland in Ohio State stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Thank you for going to Danpatrick dot com signing up for the newsletter because Dan's deals are back starting next week. We have your holiday shopping taken care of. We hooked you up for Mother's Day and you took us up on these incredible offers. We're going to do it again for the holiday. You have to sign up at Danpatrick dot com. Just put your email address in the box that slides out bottom right corner and you're good to go. This first hour brought to you by King Sawaiian makes Sunday a slider Sunday and if you need recipe inspiration, Kingsawaiian dot com.
Speaker 3: Thursday Night Football.
Speaker 4: Ish, let's go.
Speaker 2: Panthers getting three against the Bears. If you're a Bears fan, what do you want to happen tonight? PAULI, you're a Bears fan, what would be the ideal situation for the Bears?
Speaker 5: So, right now, from the NFL draft standpoint, the Chicago Bears had the second pick of the draft, and that's Carolinas. They also have the third pick of the draft, which is theirs. So if Chicago wins tonight, their draft pick will go from the third pick of the draft to the sixth pick of the draft. If they lose tonight, Carolina's.
Speaker 4: Pick goes to.
Speaker 3: Four.
Speaker 4: Okay, it actually stays.
Speaker 5: So the Bears from a pick standpoint, would prefer the Carolina Panthers to win tonight. It keeps them higher in the draft. The Bears winning is bad for the Bears, and they're good at not being winning.
Speaker 3: They're good at not being good. Yes, that's coming up tonight. Panthers at the Bears and the line three or three and a half according to DraftKings the seventy six ers. I watched that last night with the Celtics. They won six in a row. The Clippers have lost three straight. The Nuggets eight and one. They won last night against Golden State. The Lakers. The Lakers.
Speaker 2: If you tune in in the first quarter to watch the Lakers play, you're gonna be disappointed, guaranteed. They've been outscored by seventy four points in the first quarter, So far this season, they've played eight games. Six of the eight games they have trailed by double digits after the first quarter.
Speaker 3: Stead of the day, sat of the day, that beast stat of the day? Stead of the day? Here comes that?
Speaker 4: What stut of the day?
Speaker 2: Three point shooting not good? Anthony Davis out again. They got ruffed up by the Houston Rockets. There was a stare down moment last night. Dylan Brooks is staring at Lebron James. It was like a stoppage in play and Dylan Brooks is just staring. He's like three feet apart from Lebron. He's just staring at him, and Lebron's staring right back at him.
Speaker 3: These things are always silly, they are.
Speaker 2: And then the Lakers complained to the NBA and said, hey, Lebron's not being officiated properly and he's not getting the calls that he normally gets. Now, there are other marquee players who are not getting calls, and it's at a larger rate than he is, Luca Jannis Lebron, and the number of calls that he's supposedly not getting is like zero point two percent. I mean, it's really really, really small, small margin here, but sent the videotape in the NBA looked at I guess the finish of one of the games, whether it was Orlando or Miami, and said, no, the calls were correct.
Speaker 3: But do you do this? I get just we're eight games in. I mean, you're twenty years in. I just felt like, nah, I don't think we need And then I'm looking at the numbers and I'm going, wait, Jannis and Luca can complain.
Speaker 2: Lebron can't. He's still getting the similar number of calls here.
Speaker 6: Yes, Mart, you're supposed to do the Phil Jackson thing. You complain about this during playoff time. After like a game three, he started, Man, MG, really wasn't getting those calls like he was supposed to. Guys, come on to Bavetta.
Speaker 3: Yes, Ritzy, it's whiney.
Speaker 7: You got to pick your spots, because I guess what they're trying to just lay the groundwork. We've been complaining about this since eight games in and still going on all the way to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess some of the missed calls. According to the Lakers and Lebron, they said numerous missed calls in the Miami Heat game. Theakers cited multiple clips from the game demonstrating that they contend it's clear illegal contact against Lebron James that wasn't called. You know, Lebron had talked about it being almost a conspiracy theory last year about this, that somehow the league would want to penalize the biggest name and biggest brand in the NBA, the Lakers and Lebron. I'm thinking, I don't think you want to keep them out of a playoff picture do anything to the detriment of the Lakers. At least, you're going out and doing something in a way that is unfair to the Lakers. Treating them unfairly feels like you would probably give preferential treatment than you would the other way.
Speaker 8: Yes, maybe is this the first sign that Lebron is no longer Lebron? He's not getting the calls. He used to get that treatment, but aging Lebron now he's finally crossed that line. When he doesn't get that treatment, he's not the brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How many times do you watch an NBA game and somebody's complaining about the call, either a call or no call. It's it's just about every.
Speaker 2: Play, Like what me, huh, I didn't know it's either offense or defense.
Speaker 3: It's complaining about it. It's uh for decades, this is what's happened and continues to happen.
Speaker 2: And the star players, they're the ones. The guy who's a scrub should be complaining when he doesn't get a call. You know, Michael and Magic and Larry and those guys got calls. They got preferential treatment. And and Lebron is hard to officiate, I mean just as physical. It's like Shaq. I think Shack got fouled every single time down the floor. Now he's so big, you could try to foul him, but it wouldn't you know, alter what he was trying to do. And Lebron when he goes to the hoop, when he drives, you're not going to stop him. And you know you have to use some force there or foul.
Speaker 3: But I just I mean, we're eight games in and you're complaining about how the Bronze officiated. Sounded just a little desperate there.
Speaker 2: Watching a little bit of the Spurs last night, and that's all we saw last night was just a little bit of the Spurs and Victor Wumbayama. He scored as many points as I did in the first half, he finished with fourteen and nine and didn't have his first basket till the third quarter.
Speaker 3: You're at the Garden. And you know, if you look down.
Speaker 2: Through history, when players play in New York, they're playing at the Garden. They're not facing the Knicks. It's he did it at the Garden. He didn't do it against the Knicks. It was Michael had a double nickel at the Garden. You know, Kobe put up sixty one at the Garden. That's the You know, when Steph Curry went off the first time, I think he had fifty four in a game that was at the Garden, not against the Knicks.
Speaker 3: At the Garden.
Speaker 2: And if you haven't been in the building, it's the most famous arena in America. Outside you go, all right, it looks majestic. You're right there, it's a city block and you the Garden. I remember the first time I went in and I went, wait, is it.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: But the atmosphere, that's what changed everything. Once those Nick fans got in there. And I remember seeing a Celtics Nick game with Larry Bird, Bernard King, and then I realized the atmosphere like the Garden, it you know, structurally. It's like the first time I went to Notre Dame. Now this is before they did the renovation, I went, wait, this is it. There's no jumbo trun Wait, where's my suite? Okay, there's touchdown Jesus. But and even when they did the renovation, like you grow up and you go, oh my god. First time I went to the Boston Garden, I went, I want a dump, dude.
Speaker 8: When Rudy's dad got off the bus, he said, this is this is the finest sight these eyes have ever seen.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, that was just an emotional viewpoint. What it wasn't a correct viewpoint. It was just emotional.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why you go to Notre Dame. Because it's emotional. You're not like, oh, touchdown, Jesus. You're like, oh my god, this touchdown Jesus. Look at where we are right now. Did you try to go to Notre Dame. It's the school, yeah, like for classes? No, No, not even close.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. If you know, you had a reach school. You know we have those schools that are reached West Virginia.
Speaker 4: Was this reach school?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I think really probably my reach school is seeking all to be honestly.
Speaker 3: Yes, but there's no emotion.
Speaker 5: You go to Sofi Stadium, you appreciate it. Oh it's new, there's glass, there's everywhere. I remember the first time I went to the Madison Square Garden. It was to see Patrick Ewing in year two versus like Carl Malona, like, this feels awesome. It felt like a big game. And you walk in from the street. I recognize that sign from all the movies and TV shows. You feel like you're at a I guess, not an event, but like a place of history, like one of the Grand camp Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's the first time I went to Wrigley. First time I went to Fenway, Now, those were different. When I walked into Fenway the first time I went. God, that left field wall is really close, but it was I it was beautiful, but it was antiquated. The seat's really tight, you know, built in nineteen twelve. But when you go in and you're inside Fenway, it was spectacular Wrigly without the IVY, you go eh, and then the IVY comes in you go okay. I mean you had that old scoreboard there. There's just certain places now I don't have special memories at Wrigley, but I know it's a special place, and I think that's what's different with the garden, whether it's Boston Garden or Madison Square Garden. All those great memories, all those moments that happened there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I kind of feel like when you can remove the emotion from it, Madison Square Garden is a great place because you were told it was Wriggly Field. That's a great place because I was told it was. But standing there kind of like.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I was shocked with the Boston Garden because growing up the way, this is before they used to light the fans in the stands, so it was almost like it was a play. It was a Broadway show where the game was featured and that was lit.
Speaker 3: Everything else was dark, like what's going on in the crowd?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, And when I went there and I thought, God, look at that floor, man, I'd love to have that in my house. And then you look at it and you go, I don't want that in my house, and it was just really antiquated. I remember going into the locker room after the Lakers won the championship and I thought, this is wait, this is the garden. My high school shower locker room area was better than the visiting Now granted read Urbach, I don't think wanted to have running water hot water in there. They had hooks, they didn't have lockers. I thought, all right, this, I get the home court advantage here. But I went in there thinking I was gonna smell cigar smoke and it was going to be this beautiful finished floor and you look at it, there were big gaps in it.
Speaker 3: Now it was still charming. And then I thought, you know what, let me take a jumper here, just to say I took a jumper there, and because I grew up, and you know, the Great Western Forum, the same thing where you're like, okay, I like that.
Speaker 8: I didn't expect, you know, sometimes we take turns, twists and turns. I didn't expect us crapping on holy Lands of US sports in the first segment. I didn't see that coming. I'm glad that we got here. Seat and it's scripted right in front of you. Yeah, that was my next line? Or did I jump?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Now there's one more line and then you say that, yes, Paul.
Speaker 5: I remember the first time I went to a couple places in Los Angeles, the LA Coliseum, the Rose Bowl, and they're very antiquated. There's like food trucks outside, there's not a lot of facilities. You're sitting on concrete. But I loved it. The first time I went to a Dodger game, I think was in the late nineties, and it's just like you see on TV. It's just glistening. The sun is coming in those nice green hills in the background, and the old scoreboards and the players in the white. There's some stadiums that I don't want to develop and have modern amenities.
Speaker 3: Dodger Stadium lived up to it. Yeah, that was gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Colosseum not good, but historical, historically good.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Rose Bowl. I love that venue.
Speaker 2: But it's weird, like you're going to, you know, through this neighborhood boom, there's the Rose Bowl down the hill.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, yeah. See.
Speaker 8: There are some places that you when you get there, you step back in time, you know, like the Colosseum for me.
Speaker 3: You're like, what was this born that was born built.
Speaker 8: In the twenties, you know, You're like, holy crap, this is like you just stepped back one hundred years. The there's other places where you just step back into bad times in architecture. You're like, oh, well they probably could tear this place down and put up something better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that might be Madison Square Garden. Yeah, back to Madison Square Garden. It's still it is a wonderful venue to go into. Just if the Knicks got good again and you could hear that defense, defense, and it was wonderful. It was spectacular, like you really felt a building and that I still remember that when you heard that.
Speaker 3: Because the games mattered.
Speaker 2: You're the Celtics were in town, Bernard King was going toe to toe with Larry Bird.
Speaker 8: Yes, going to Big East basketball games in the the Big East Tournament, there were That's some of the best sporting environments you can get to, especially back in the day. What it would be Georgetown, Syracuse and you had just Titans of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Saint John's, Villanova absolutely all good stuff, yes time, But the.
Speaker 7: Garden, even if you're not a huge hockey fan, if you go to a Stanley Cup playoff game and you hear that, let's go Rangers in the Garden. On top of what the Knicks get, that's a pretty big stuff in there.
Speaker 2: First professional hockey game Islanders Rangers. Oh, and they scored the Ken Morrow scored the goal at the Garden and I was like, wow, this is exciting. And my producer at the time, Mardy Burko, goes, not every hockey game is like this, just letting you know. I go, okay, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: About a decade ago, Seaton and I went to Notre Dame Michigan at Michigan and I'd never been there, but I've always seen their games on TV and the place looks just gigantic. But when we were walking in from the street, it's the Stateum's kind of recessed into the ground. It doesn't look that big and grand. From the outside. You're like, that's it. It's not that high like LSU and other places. And then you walk in and it's just this mass in every direction, people everywhere.
Speaker 3: One hundred thousand people there, all right.
Speaker 2: So we're awaiting whatever the Big ten is going to announce with Michigan, if there's any ruling today, how Michigan counters that. But we'll talk to Rick new heisl what will happen, what should happen, and does he still believe that Jim Harbaugh will be in the NFL next season. Your phone calls are welcome. Operator Tyler is standing by eight, seven and three DP show. We got to play the day poll question stat of the Day. All of that coming up Eli Manning a little bit later on as well. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: He's Mike Krman, I'm Dan Byer, and we have a brand new fantasy football podcast called I Want Your Flex. Twice a week, every Tuesday and Friday, we come up with new episodes to not only look back at what happened, what you need to do at that minute, and also look ahead of what's coming up in the fantasy football world.
Speaker 1: That's right, Dan.
Speaker 10: Every week we're gonna scour the waiver wire to find the pickups to turbo boost your fantasy lineup, sit starts, fantasy football players rankings to get you ready to dominate the competition.
Speaker 9: Listen to I Want Your Flex with Mike Carmon and meet Dan Byer on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts and wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: During the commercial break, I walked out to the basketball floor. I walked back to see the big german. I walked outside. Todd following me the whole time, and I go what, and he goes, have you ever been to the sports arena?
Speaker 3: I said, yes, it dump. It was not that's what it was known as the Big Joint. They called it the clip Joint, but it was the dump to the big dump ladies and gentlemen. Yeah, they used to promote the other team. All the newspaper articles, everything was come to the clip.
Speaker 7: Joint to see this guy from this team, this guy from the other team, this star from.
Speaker 3: The other team. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is there is there a bad stadium that still exists? I'm a bad arena where you go? I don't want to go there. Trying to think if anything really comes to mind. And while I you know, I'm critical of the Boston Garden the way it looked, but it was still a majestic building. It was still a piece of history that you're walking into. You're walking into a time warp. But if you went there for the amenities, you were greatly disappointed.
Speaker 8: Yes, Seaton, I think that there are a ton of average sports venues where they're like kind of generic plug and play. Could be any city in America. It takes something to be either truly great or truly terrible.
Speaker 3: Has to be pretty.
Speaker 2: Special because if your team is good, the building still has some kind of meaning to you that you'll put up with. These seats are really uncomfortable. Like Fenway, you would go in and you could have an obstructed view seat, and the seats were really small because people back in nineteen twelve were a little bit smaller than us.
Speaker 8: Fenwly is awesome, though, a what a place everybody. It's great.
Speaker 2: Everybody should see a game in there. Definitely, Yes, it's worth it because you walk in and you see that left field and you go, damn, that monster is really close.
Speaker 3: It strikes you as a whiffle ball place where you go, Man, this would be great to play wiffleball off the wall. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: When I'm going to New York in the late nineties, all I heard was, Shaye, Stadium's awful.
Speaker 4: Don't go to a Mets game. It's awful.
Speaker 5: It's a bad experience, hard to get to, bad food, everything, there's planes flying over. I think I had been told so many times it was off. I got there, I'm like, this is all right. It seemed okay to me. It didn't seem bad. I guess it didn't have the amenities, but as long as you got beer hot dogs in a view, I thought it was terrible. I'm not sure why.
Speaker 11: There was no.
Speaker 3: Atmosphere there and there are planes going by it just it wasn't There was no magic there. There was no like, wow, the Apple, Yeah, the Apple when somebody hits a home run, like yeah, the Big Apple.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yankee Stadium. You walked in and you go all right. I mean it wasn't pristine, but it was still Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ruth played there, Yes, Yeah, even walking down into the like the dugout and you're going, you know, babe used to be in here, and you know so babe, and probably some babes used to be in there knowing babe.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 8: It was one of the first things my father in law said to me. As soon as the new Yankee Stadium opened Dave Ruth never played there. I was like, oh, damn, I wonder if the Yankees realized what they just gave up. Nah, it doesn't look that great to me, Babe, Ruth never played there.
Speaker 2: All right, we're waiting word from the Big ten and then how Michigan responds. Is Jim Harball going to be on the sidelines this weekend? Does any of this punishment matter, or the rumors of it or the possibility. I think it's all if it happens, it happens in the offseason. But it's bringing Rick newhis are a good buddy, CBS Sports college football analyst, former college coach at you dub also Colorado and UCLA. All right, Rick, what do you think should happen to Jim Harbaugh and Michigan?
Speaker 3: I just put this under the category of over zealous the Wizard of Oz, Right, this is you got a guy by name O'Connor Stallions who's just super fan, wants to impress the head coach and finds ways to get all kinds of intelligence. The head coach goes, wait a minute, you really can get that stuff and proves to be very accurate information, and you end up hiring him. And the guy went way over skis and obviously didn't do a very good job of hiding his trail. As we're uncovering more and more of this, Yeah, this is just over zealousness. One oh one, What will happen? Do you think, Well, you've got a bunch of angry coaches. You've got real a bunch of angry and angry mob right now knocking at the door. And you know, Tony Petitti's in a bund because he's got to prove to these guys that he's going to try to find some measure of justice and Michigan's going to just lawyer up. This is going to get pushed to the after the season because of all the legal machinations. And I would guess that Jim Harbaugh will be looking for a work in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And you talked about that a couple of weeks. That's what you thought would maybe be the end result here. But also you were on you were coaching what three different programs, And did you ever have anybody who would have gone rogue on you and got gathered information that you didn't know about to maybe help your assistant coaches, Not that.
Speaker 3: I'm aware of now. Listen, we all I know there's some pushback now by Michigan that coaches are you know, conspiring and getting information against Michigan. You'd always get on the phone and ask somebody who's a friend in the business, if they'd just played somebody, give me you know your tells, right, If you're going into a poker game, you want to know what people's tells are. That that happens all the time, But to go to the level that Connor Stallions has apparently gone to, I had never been aware of anything like that. Did you ever get signals?
Speaker 2: Did you ever get information like that from another coach sharing information like Rutgers Purdue in Ohio State are accused of doing.
Speaker 3: The signals that you would always try to get from opponents is personnel groups. Defensive coordinators are hell bent to find out what personnel is going into the game, especially with this advent of up tempo stuff. So if you're changing personnel and you're going from eleven personnel, which means one back and one tight end in the game, and you're going to now ten personnel, taking the tight end out and adding a wide receiver, the coordinator, the defensive coordinator of the play caller wants to know that information so that he can give a call that's more in touch with all the data that you have when they're in ten. So you're always looking to see what signals are going in to communicate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out the role liked Ohio State, Rutgers in Purdue.
Speaker 3: What they're accused of is that illegal? No, what I think they're getting the signator are personnel groupings. I think they're just getting personnel grouping signals.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 3: They have the wherewithal to figure out what the play call is. I really don't. What Connor Stallions was doing was taking it to the end degree and knowing everything there was to know about this stuff, and at least allegedly and coordinators. All the video shows him standing next to the coordinators are waiting for him to say run pass and what kind of run and pass? And that's a huge advantage. I'm just trying to understand this, though, Rick. If I had somebody on my staff who was going to other games getting information, who is he giving the information to? And how does Jim Harball not know that somebody on his staff is going to scout in advance, maybe be in disguise, and giving that information to one of his assistant coaches. I think that Jim did know. I think it's implausible for him not to know that this guy has some real information and some important data that can be really useful to the coordinators in their play calls. And you know the fact that he was out there doing all that. I don't think Jim wanted to know how he was doing it, but he was certainly useful information, which is why the guy went from superfan to an employee.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to Rick new Heisl, CBS Sports college football analyst, former college head coach at Washington, UCLA and Colorado. What is the policy etiquette of ratting out a program? Like, if you got information, you know, would you share that with somebody a reporter or the NCAA if you knew that they were up to something nefarious.
Speaker 3: I think what we all would like to say we would do is go straight to the source, Which is mean if you had a suspicion that Jim Harbaugh was doing something, you'd go straight to Jim Harbaugh. I know he did that to me. He thought I was He thought I was involved with the recruit at a time where I couldn't be on in phone conversation with her or I couldn't call the recruit, and he called me out and accused me of it. I said, Jim absolutely not the kid called me. It was a kid out of Stockton by the name of Philip Rule, a kind of walk on fullback that you know, walk on con't get into Stanford. So this was a unique guy for him. Harley calls you and says, oh yeah, he called me every name in the book saying I was cheating, and I said, you're absolutely out of your mind. I've got all the phone records. You can see that phil Rule called me wanting to come to UCLA. But we had it out on the phone. There was nothing going back, give and take. What's amazing, Dan, this this guy went to the lengths to bring all this data. We were back in the PAC ten at the time and wanted Pete Carroll to stop having the use of all the PAC twelve officials at his practice. He said he only had a budget for you know, three or four practices a year where the PAC twelve officials PAC ten officials at the time would come to his practice, and Pete was having it every day. He could afford to have him every day, and he was going to get this, you know, great favoritism from the officials because he was going to create these relationships. And then Pete raised his hand and said I was the most penalized team in the league. And everybody started laughing. But he started laughing and Jim got so angry. He said, it's the principle of the thing, and it was just like funniest That's what I'm wondering. His dad was a legendary coach, by the book coach, Like that's the thing I keep coming back to with Harball. Yeah, what he has done this and maybe embarrassed his dad in the process. I guess the ends justify the means. But this is wildly embarrassing, wildly embarrassing because this is a team that frankly doesn't need it. This team is really good.
Speaker 4: What he's got.
Speaker 3: A matter of fact, he couldn't he couldn't stop but tell me in Indianapolis at the Big Ten Media Days that this is good. This team's going to break the record of George's most draft choices going to the NFL. He thinks it's going to be somewhere in an eighteen to twenty number. Would you rather know what Harball knew or who's the one that started the investigation? This is where this is the Johnny Cochran. I mean, he's just if the glove doesn't fit right. You've got a jury looking at something that doesn't have anything to do with this. The bottom line is Connor Stallions was too obvious. But but somebody had it out for Harball. Oh yeah, that that lines a long line. That lines a long line. Just to put you on record, you had nothing to do with this. I had nothing to do it. I just want to make sure. Yeah, you have no knowledge of it. But but somebody, somebody gift wrapped this to the NCAA, oh without question, without questions why, and uh, obviously they got wind of it somehow, some way, there was a tip that just somebody was doing this.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the teams don't turn in other teams though, because everybody's cheating, rick, aren't.
Speaker 3: They If no, no, not everybody at this level. That's an I'll dry a line there. Everybody's trying to get information, trying to get tells, and if you've got a buddy that knows something, you're going to ask what you know. But no one's going to the links that Connor's Alligan went. And now finding out that Connor Stallions went from you know, the Wizard of Oz over zealous to an employee. Now you're you're substantiating his work. And there is where you've got an issue. Great it writes, it writes his own song. I mean, this is going to be a song, Dan, and I'll come back and perform it here at some point. What's it going to be called? Oh? Santa?
Speaker 4: Oh no, Jimmy's got.
Speaker 3: You in blind? Are you blind? Connor Stallion's trail not hard to find? Santa? Oh no, just play the game of lee Lees Bump Bump bump. Oh yeah, it's going to write itself. Thank you, buddy, Good to talk to you again, my friend, h he was ready for that. I was just asking the title of the song.
Speaker 2: But new Isiel, who's given us many many songs born in the SEC I think might have been the first one legendary. But uh interesting though. His take that Harball called him when Harball was at Stanford and Rick was recruiting somebody that Stanford was recruiting, and he thought that Jim did something. Jim thought that Rick did something illegal and then called him up and knew Heisel said, I didn't call the recruit and he called me.
Speaker 3: And the fact that Jim would call him on that, that's why I keep coming back to this that if you're Michigan, you don't have to do this.
Speaker 2: It's like the Houston Astros. Everybody says, you know, hey, they're not cheating. Now, you didn't have to cheat back then, you were that good. I don't you know Jim's dad. I keep coming back when I met him the first time, his father, legendary college coach, and I just think like the integrity of that relationship and the family and coaching and what it means and the importance. Would he do knowingly do something that was breaking the rules? Yeah, poem, you know.
Speaker 5: The investigation could show that it never got up to him. He just saw the product of what this guy was doing.
Speaker 4: Rogue.
Speaker 5: But the Big Ten may say that your team still benefited from illegal sign stealing where you go in person to another stadium. They may say, you knowing or not knowing is irrelevant to the benefit of the program that you got.
Speaker 2: Okay, But also help me understand this. If if he's guilty of something suspended, then are you taking away victories? So maybe he doesn't coach too.
Speaker 4: Now that's the NCAA, not the Big Ten.
Speaker 3: But that's also if you cheated, you're you're guilty. Of cheating. We're going to punish you for cheating.
Speaker 2: Then I have to take away the wins that you had because cheating helped you get those wins.
Speaker 5: The NCAA's three levels of infraction one, two, and three.
Speaker 4: One is the strongest.
Speaker 5: One is where you could lose titles, you could lose history, like Michigan basketball is stripped of things. Yeah, that's a level one infraction. A level three infraction could be as simple as like a fine or a sit down for a week, or where it doesn't rise to the level of losing scholarships or losing bowl appearances.
Speaker 2: So according to ESPN, there's no medication of any timetable on a decision on potential Big Ten discipline. In the case of Michigan's alleged illegal sign stealing. We'll take a break. Our play the Day is up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Wapp Oh My God.
Speaker 2: The Play of the Day lives My God play this is.
Speaker 3: The play of the Day.
Speaker 11: Check this out.
Speaker 3: Eight to shoot.
Speaker 1: They go to Joel one on one with Tatum the left of the key four to shoot backing turning fan away from the wing is gone. What a shot to touch by embe. He's talking spack to Sam Cassell to sell now the south expench take that, Sammy.
Speaker 2: That's your play of the day. That's courtesy of the Sixers Radio Network. Joe Ellenbid twenty seven and ten. He has played four hundred and one regular season games in his career. That's the two hundred and sixty third time that he's had a double double. Only two active NBA players have had more double doubles in their first four hundred games. Let's go around the room and see if we can guess active players double doubles in their first four hundred games. One had two hundred and ninety one double doubles, the other one two seventy seven. Todd, I'll start with you, Will Chamberlain active, Toddy.
Speaker 3: And Russell active not even active, not even alive. Lebron James, No, Marvin.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to cheat this time.
Speaker 3: I know the answer. Oh you do, I do? Okay, that kind of ruins the bit, Yeah, Marvin, okay, your excluded Seaton.
Speaker 2: How about Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant, No, Paulie Luca. No, I don't know if Luca has he played four hundred career games.
Speaker 3: Okay. Anthony Davis, Oh, I don't think he's played for under career game. Oh yeah, four games? Yeah, Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 2: Okay, both players their first initial is K. Does that help anybody? Both did it for the same franchise.
Speaker 4: You want to guess?
Speaker 3: Anthony Town, Yes, there you go. And and Kevin Love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get out of here?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Blue Blue Cabron Kane, Kevin Love Active Cabron James.
Speaker 3: Yes, Kevin Loves still playing. I don't know who he's playing for. Is he still in Cleveland?
Speaker 5: I want to play the guests where Kevin loves playing games.
Speaker 3: He looks like he's old as me. Is he Cleveland? Marvin?
Speaker 6: I think he's on the heat roster.
Speaker 5: He is a heat He's played he started three games this year.
Speaker 3: No, he hasn't.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking that up. I would never brush smirts. Kevin Love.
Speaker 5: He's everthing.
Speaker 4: Uh, he's actually he's everything.
Speaker 3: Eight and eight. Okay, well that's not quite a double double now it's a double single. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh coming up, we'll play guest that punishment with Michigan. Okay, it's a new segment. It's called Guess That Punishment. A couple of phone calls Dave and Columbus. Good morning, Dave, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Good after a good morning DP. Hey, by the way, King of Morning talk show.
Speaker 3: You are oh all right? Well, thank you Dave.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, I'm an older man. I've been watching sports for over fifty five years, and I'm here to tell you the people behind this idea of Jim Hairball, I'm sorry, Hardball getting anything this week, this month, this year is their pipe dream. It's not going to happen. Too much money riding on the people's pockets that are in place to receive those profits.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, well, the Big Ten doesn't want to discipline Jim Harball, but they also want to make sure that they're appeasing the other teams, the other fan bases, the other coaches in the Big Ten.
Speaker 2: And how do you do both? Do we sort of punish you, but we don't take you out of the national title picture? Do we wait until the end of the season and then we deal with this because you know, now these coaches are going and athletic directors are going, Wait a minute here and then the next time there's a controversy, does somebody bring up, well, you didn't do anything to Jim Harball and Michigan. Imagine you just got on the job as the commissioner of the Big Ten and here you go, here's this investigation, and now all of a sudden you've got to act in real time.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: And then what's Michigan do to counteract? Then let's see Caleb in Ohio? Hi, Caleb, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Caleb? Caleb, I'm here all right? What are you doing? Are you mountain climbing? I'm working on a solar field? Okay? Should I call you back later? Caleb? All right, Well we'll try them a little later on.
Speaker 4: You know, those things don't just go up themselves now, they don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, okay, I'm actually at work right now. Yeah, I'm sorry, So, Caleb, I didn't mean to interrupt your jobs.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 3: My bad.
Speaker 1: My man.
Speaker 3: Robbie in Utah, Hey, rob what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 1: DP you guys?
Speaker 11: Hey two twenty forty four guys. I got one statement in one comment.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 11: You guys are changing the world. My wife is in Ireland right now for work. And I'm flying in on Friday to go see her. He calls me Monday morning, what it would do Monday morning? That is like, oh my gosh, I watched Don Patrick the Raiders one. She's not a sportsman. Can I believe that she watched you, guys Walter when Aaron Rodgers got injured? Oh? I heard on Dan Patrick? Like, wow, you listen to Dan Patrick when you travel? Second, what's the norms in Ireland?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 11: She says that you don't tip over there? She doesn't trust me driving. And what's the best food to eat? Uh?
Speaker 3: The food is better than advertised good seafood over there, And I would tip. They may not do it, but I did. You know you're you just want to make sure you're not an ugly American like going over there and not and just even ask, you know, what's a normal tip?
Speaker 2: Ask as somebody if you're at a restaurant or at a bar, just say what what is normal here? What is respectful here? But not every place in the world? You know you tip? But you know over there we did.
Speaker 3: Well. We needed to, at least I think we did. When we left the bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I left seating with the bill one night a check one night, like, oh, I forgot to pay.
Speaker 3: Didn't your friend say, oh, they left you with the bill. Yeah. Yeah. I think the bartender was like, so Will Farrell and Dan Patrick made you pay. Okay, okay. Oops.
Speaker 2: Mike Breen, the Voice of the NBA, join us. Coming up Eli Manning as well