Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you. This is also going to be the Ben Ferguson podcast, and many of you are going to hear this on radio stations as well. This is moments after the presidential debate, Center Cruz. I didn't think it could actually be this bad. It was worse than even I think either of us could have imagined. And now the Democratic Party is screaming replaced the president.
Speaker 3: Well, you and I are sitting here at is ten seventeen pm Texas time, at is eleven seventeen pm East Coast time, the night of the debate. The debate just ended, and I have to say we have just witnessed what I believe is the most consequential presidential debate in US history. Sometimes debate change, debates change things. Sometimes they don't. I believe to bite tonight's debate change things fundamentally. And I believe the odds have now skyrocketed. I believe the odds are north of eighty percent that the Democrat Party will remove Joe Biden from the ticket and replace him. And I believe they are likely to replace Joe Biden with Michelle Obama because Biden did so disastrously badly tonight that Democrats across the country are in utter freefall and complete panic. We're going to break all that down tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, this was a prediction that you made on this show back in September of twenty twenty three that the Democratic king makers could bring in Michelle Obama will break all that down. I want to tell you real quick about our friends at the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, and as Israel's ground campaign against the Hamas terrace is continuing, the IDF announced that it expects to have complete control of the southern Gava city of Rafa, a Hamas stronghold, within two weeks. Tensions continue to rise in Israel's north as there are constant rocket attacks from Hesblah that have been fired at Israel. Troops have been injured. Sirens have been sounded in neighborhoods along the eleven on Israel border as well. And that is where your help comes in. You look at what is happening right now, and they need your help.
Speaker 1: In Israel.
Speaker 2: Since the tear attack on October the seventh, anti Semitism has been on the rise, not just in Israel, but here at home, in the US and around the world. And that is why I partnered with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. And today I am coming to you to ask that you stand with us and IFCJ. This pledge is simple. We are asking Christians to stand with their Jewish brothers and sisters, to never be silent, to show the Jewish people they are not alone, that they have God and Christians on their side. For the month of June, We're asking Christians to sign the pledge, which will be delivered to the President of Israel, to show that Christians in America are not only standing in solidarity, but they are speaking up as well. So let's take a stand today with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews to let the Jewish people know that they air not alone and we stand proudly behind them. To sign the pledge, all you have to do is go to support IFCJ dot org. That support IFCJ dot org to take a stand today and stand with the people of Israel. Support IFCJ dot org Centaer. I want to get to some of the highlights, but even before we get to the debate, I think the most shocking part is what happened directly after the debate.
Speaker 1: This was the.
Speaker 2: First thing that America heard on CNN, the host of the debate.
Speaker 4: That's into the debate, and it continues right now. It involves party strategists, it involves elected officials, it involves fundraisers, and they're having conversations about the president's performance, which they think was dismal, which they think will hurt other people down the party in the ticket, and they're having conversations about what they should do about it. Some of those conversations include, should we go to the White House and ask the president's step aside? Or other of the conversations are about should prominent Democrats go public with that call because they feel this debate was so terrible.
Speaker 1: They do say in moments in the debate.
Speaker 4: Later the president got better and got his footing, but then at the end, even his closing statement was a little halting the contrast between the two candidates.
Speaker 1: Let me be clear, none of them and.
Speaker 4: A lot of Republicans don't think Donald Trump had a great night. Donald Trump broke the fact check machine more than I can count tonight. That will be on the record as we go forward. He refused to answer some very specific and direct questions about his conduct about January sixth.
Speaker 5: And what all.
Speaker 1: So that will be dealt.
Speaker 4: With out there. And sometimes there's a parallel universe between the political elites and the American people. Be nice to see what the voters say. But I can tell you it started minutes in. It started with the first couple of answers, and it has continued throughout the night from oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: To what do we do about this?
Speaker 4: And it involves very senior people in the Democratic Party, including elected officials, saying we have a problem, and just we.
Speaker 1: Have a problem.
Speaker 2: They're moving actively right now to replace Joe Biden, saying we've got time before the convention, which is exactly what you predicted on this show nine months ago.
Speaker 3: Well, let me say what you played just there. I agree with half of it, and I disagree with half of it. What I do agree with is that Joe Biden did unbelievably badly, that the degree of dementia he is facing right now, it is escalated to a point that it is unrecognizable. And I think there are a great many Democrats who are looking at this saying we cannot nominate this man. He is not capable. He doesn't know what's going on. In a second, we're going to play a couple of clips that show that. But it was I will say, as badly as I thought Joe Biden was going to do, he did worse. It was stunning. I've never seen a debate performance this bad. But the part I disagree of what you just played is I think Donald Trump had hands down his best debate performance he has ever had in his life.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 3: I've stood on that stage with Donald Trump about a dozen times, and I've seen him and sometimes he said good debates. Sometimes he's had less than good debates. Tonight he did exactly what earlier this morning, you and I did a special podcast preparing for this debate, and what you and I talked about that Trump needed to do is be calm, be measured, be under control, not interrupt Joe Biden, let him hang himself, give him the airtime to talk. And Trump did that spectacularly. He was restrained, even as Biden was saying ridiculous things. He was restrained, he was calmed, he was matter of fact. He prosecuted the case and Biden couldn't handle it. Biden repeatedly, what was screaming, You're a liar, you're lying, you could I mean he was. There were moments. Look, it's clear we talked before about the meds. They had him on meds. They put him on different meds from the State of the Union. He was not nearly as amped up as he was at the State of the Union. But when Trump poked him and he got angry, Biden couldn't respond other than just screaming, liar, liar, liar. And he returned to the State of the Union, old man on his front porch, screaming, get off my front port. She had moments like that, But that's not even the dominant takeaway. The dominant takeaway is this is a man who doesn't know what's going on here.
Speaker 5: I want to play the.
Speaker 3: Clip early in the debate where he just completely loses his train of thought, and this is the answer at which I think people all over the country said, uh, oh, this guy's just not there.
Speaker 5: Give a listen.
Speaker 6: I sculd me with dealing with everything we have to do with. Look, if we finally beat medicare.
Speaker 2: We finally beat medicare, I mean Donald Trump's response was quote, I don't I really don't know what he said at the end of that sentence. I don't think he knows what he said either.
Speaker 3: And Biden gets lost and and Trump counters with what he counters to. That is and by the way, the question had nothing to do with medicare, Like the word medicare comes completely out of left field. It's the only thing he mentioned. He's just like, we finally beat medicare. And then Trump cames and said, well, he said at the end, he beat medicare. He beat it to death. Give a listen to Trump's response. Play the next clip.
Speaker 6: All those things we need to do, childcare, eldercare, making sure that we continue to suppend strength in our healthcare system, making sure that we're able to make every single solitary person eligible for what I've been able to do with the h with the COVID I exculd me with dealing with every day we have to do with Look, if we finally beat medicare.
Speaker 1: Thank you, President Biden.
Speaker 7: President Trump, Well, he's right, he did beat medicare, beat it to death. And he's destroying medicare because all of these people are coming in, they're putting them on Medicare, They're putting them on.
Speaker 2: I mean you hear that he just stopped, didn't know what he was doing. And if you look at the look on his face, Senator Joe Biden actually looked lost and was looking around like what am I doing?
Speaker 5: Where am I?
Speaker 3: His brain was frozen, it short circuited throughout the time. I'll tell you Joe Biden did badly when he wasn't talking. When he wasn't talking, the look on his face was a look of confusion. Listen, anyone who's ever dealt with with an elderly parent, an elderly grandparent who's dealing with the loss of their faculties knows that look. My grandmother Miabuela, whom I love, she had Alzheimer's. I've seen, I've seen what happens. It was clear he didn't know what was going on. He was just confused. And even his most passionate defenders, they can't defend them all, right, Maria Shriver.
Speaker 1: I just saw this.
Speaker 2: Kennel Kennedy, Yeah, I just saw this.
Speaker 3: Democrat 're Democrat Royalty. Let me read you what she just tweeted moments ago.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 3: I love Joe Biden. I know he's a good man. I know his heart is good. I know he's dedicated to our country and is surrounded by good people. Tonight was heartbreaking in many ways. This is a big political moment. There's panic in the Democratic Party. It's going to be a long night. The Democrats have lost Maria Shriver. That's a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, and listen to Abby Phillips. Abby Phillips saying this on CNN as well in the moments afterwards. This is how she described how bad it was for Joe Biden.
Speaker 8: And just to co sign what John is saying. I mean, the panic that I am hearing from Democrats is not like anything that I have heard in this campaign so far, and a lot of it has to do with First of all, there was a deep frustration about Trump's lies.
Speaker 1: I mean, he lied a lot tonight.
Speaker 8: But the problem for Biden was that Trump was able to take sometimes incredible falsehoods and turn them into some kind of argument, whereas Biden's answers were in a lot of cases not coherent, deeply problematic. That he was not able to take pretty straightforward answers and answer them to.
Speaker 5: The that's CNN.
Speaker 3: That is CNN who's saying the Democrats are panicking and Biden's answers where in a lot of cases not go here, all right, play Van Jones, Van Jones, this is the hard left here, he's on CNN.
Speaker 5: Listen. Here's what Van Jones had to say.
Speaker 1: I was painful. I love Joe Biden. I worked for Joe Biden. He didn't do well at all. He did not do well at all.
Speaker 2: It's like a funeral. It's like you're watching a funeral in real time on CNN. And this is their instant reaction. These are the first voices that America heard after the debate. Drudge Report, for example, which used to be pretty conservative center, now they really hate Donald Trump. Their headline right now is Operation Replace Biden, dim scramble with one hundred and thirty days to go debate catastrophe, Which brings me back to let's go back to nine months ago. Nine months ago, September the eighteenth, You and I had this conversation. And by the way, there were a lot in the media, and there were a lot of other people in Washington that said you and I were crazy for having this conversation.
Speaker 1: So let's play the clip.
Speaker 3: So here's the scenario that I think is perhaps most likely and most dangerous. In August of twenty twenty four, the Democrat Kingmakers jettison Joe Biden and parachute in Michelle Obama, and.
Speaker 5: I want you to pause and reflect on it.
Speaker 2: So I'm pausing, and I'm reflecting, as we said, and so is everybody else listening.
Speaker 5: Right now, I view this as a very serious danger.
Speaker 1: I'm smiling right now because it terrifies me. And I also could totally see this happen.
Speaker 3: So Michelle Obama, number one, you don't infuriate African American women, which is a critical part of the constituency that Democrats are relying on to win. But number two, you avoid the problem if you pick from any of the four. The other three are pissed because they're all, to some extent peers, they're rivals, they're all jabbin knives at each other. Michelle Obama, because she was first Lady, has the ability to kind of parachute in above all four and say, hey, we're not picking among any of you. You guys can all fight it out. Next time. You're all going to be on the same level. We're coming. This is the Obamas saving the day. And I think in terms of a solution, that unifies Democrats.
Speaker 5: There ain't nothing like that.
Speaker 3: I also think Michelle is not all that eager to run for president. But to parachute in in August of twenty four, a couple of months before the presidency and suddenly wake up and to be president not a bad gig.
Speaker 5: It's not a bad gig at all. Now would she do it? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've met Michelle, but I don't know her personally in any meaningful way.
Speaker 5: I don't know if she would do it.
Speaker 3: I do think Barack Obama is already running the Biden administration. I think he is already the puppet master behind this Biden white House. I don't think Joe Biden is the decision maker. And so when I see the media turning on Joe Biden right now, I think the odds of Michelle Obama parachuting in in August of twenty twenty four have risen dramatically, and that ought to scare the hell out anyone who is unhappy about the direction this country is going and doesn't want us to go even crazier in an even worse direct.
Speaker 2: September eighteenth, center of twenty twenty three, we had this discussion and even right now on MSN dot com. The headline is we beat Medicare Biden Freeze's mid answer before being bailed out by moderator, and then they go on to talk about that was a total disaster by the sitting president and Democrats are running to replace Joe Biden, so they're not even having the conversation behind closed doors. They're having it out on national TV right now and in the news.
Speaker 3: Well, and Ben, what you've just played is I think as good a promo for this podcast as you possibly could have.
Speaker 5: What we are facing right now.
Speaker 3: We predicted on this podcast nine months ago, in September of twenty twenty three. We were among the very first voices to do that. At the time, it made a bunch of headlines. And you're right, people thought we were batcrap crazy. Let's be clear, they thought I was bat crap crazy. I shouldn't say we had stick you into that. You were there while I was making that prediction, and they were like, Cruise has lost his mind. And by the way, in terms of predictions, we also at the outset of COVID laid out all of the evidence that COVID originated in the Chinese lab in when CNN and ABC, CBS, NBC were suppressing that news, when Facebook and Twitter were suppressing that news. We were laying out the evidence then and this morning, before the debate, our analysis of the debate, I predicted, unequivocally, Donald Trump is going to kick Joe Biden's ass. That was my prediction. That is exactly what happened. It was the title of the show. And there were not a lot of people predicting that, but I number one, thought Biden would do terribly. But number two, if Trump could remain controlled, and he did that, he did that in an excellent way. I'm going to call President Trump tomorrow and tell him it's the best debate he's ever done, and I've been there for a lot of them. He was measured, he was controlled, he was fact based, He laid out the case. Even his response on medicare, Let's take the one we just played. It would be easy to be starky and say, okay, this guy is like that answer is incoherent. What Trump did was even better. There said I mean, look, he said he actually did beat medicare, which was obviously a weird brain short circuit. And he said the reason he beat Medicare is because he's let millions and millions of legal immigrants into this country. He's putting them all in Medicare, which is going to bankrupt Medicare. And that was a major message that Trump is hitting, is that the invasion on our southern border is also bankrupting Medicare and social Security. I think that was a smart decision to lean in on that. Joe Biden had no answer. He had no response all night long. As Trump laid out the case you caused the inflation, Joe Biden had no response to that. As Trump laid out the people who are being murdered all across this country from criminals and insane asylums. When Trump would say, look, Venezuela is emptying their jails and sending US murderers and rapists and child molesters and lunatics, you saw Joe Biden just looking confused. He had no response, He didn't dispute it. He had nothing to say in response on foreign policy, and we talked about this again in this morning's podcast and just said, well, if Trump's president Putin will invade all of Ukraine and all of Europe, and Trump is like, what utter crap? When I was president Russia didn't invade one square inch of territory anywhere on planet Earth. And by the way, he did under Barack Obama, and he did under Joe Biden. You're so weak that that's why Putin invaded and it. Trump did an excellent job of prosecuting the case, and Biden was utterly incapable of responding. And I think you are seeing seeing Democrats freaking out now. I believe there are two things. Well, let me say a couple of things. Number one, let me tell you why. I believe it'll be Michelle Obama because you're going to see today and tomorrow all sorts of discussion. You're gonna hear Gavin Newsome, You're gonna hear all sorts of other names.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: I think if they do it, what's the pitch Because it's gonna start with Barack Obama, who was just leading Joe Biden off stage, remember, and everybody saw it like he was an elderly old man in opa home. And I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just being honest about it. And clearly he witnessed how bad it was. Then is he the guy that has to look at Michelle and I going I'd do it, but I can. I've already been president for eight years. It has to be you, honey.
Speaker 3: Well, let me break it to two pieces. Let me tell you why it has to be Michelle. It has to be Michelle because of Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris is the VP. If you push Joe Biden aside, Kamala's next in line. The people who say we want Gavin Newsom, you know what if the Democrat Party pushes an African American woman aside and replaces her with a white guy, their party implodes. They cannot do it. They are being counters and they are faced. It's actually what forced Joe Biden to pick Kamala in the first place. He backed himself into it. He doesn't like Kamala. And the problem Democrats are having that now is they're looking at Joe Biden. They're saying, oh my goodness, this guy cannot be our nominee. And they look at Kamala and they recognize she's a terrible nominee. And if she's the nominee, they know they'll lose. And so their problem is the only person on planet Earth who can push Kamala Harris aside is Michelle Obama another African American woman who stands on a different footing as a former first lady. Now, what are the impediments that stop it? The impediments are twofold number one, Michelle says no, number two. Joe Biden says no. On the Michelle says no. I think you're going to have Barrock coming to her. I think you're going to have a lot of Democrat kingmakers coming to her. And the pitch is going to be, Michelle, you need to save America. Michelle, we need you, Michelle. If you do not step forward, Donald Trump is going to be president. Michelle, you are the only person on planet Earth that can save the world from a Donald Trump presidency.
Speaker 5: And listen.
Speaker 3: People perceive Michelle Obama as somewhat nonpartisan because she was a first late in first ladies kind of stay out of politics. I think she is more radical than Barack. I think she is an ideologue. I think she is a leftist. You remember when when Barack Obama was running and she talked about his getting elected was the first time in her life she was proud of her country. I think she embraces hardcore leftism, but a lot of people don't know that. And so the pitch to her is going to be save America. And then the pitch to Joe Biden. She's got to say yes number one. And then too, Joe Biden has got to agree to step aside. And I think you're going to see in the coming days. You know, you played my prediction from September of twenty twenty three. The only thing I might have gotten wrong is I said that this would happen in August of twenty twenty four. It may be July of twenty twenty four. I may have been a month off in the timing. Because this debate I think changed the fundamental terrain.
Speaker 2: Let's also talk about there was two moments that I think really speak to the demise of the cognitive colan of Joe Biden. And it was subtle but significant, and I want to get.
Speaker 1: Your reaction to it.
Speaker 2: There was one moment when he was asked about social Security and he gave a very very short answer and then the moderators looked at him like, what are you doing? You still have I think they said eighty four seconds left or something like that. There was another time he was talking about African American voters, African American community, and African American issues. And they're like, sir, you still have like another minute and ex ember of seconds, sixty four seconds left.
Speaker 1: He couldn't even.
Speaker 3: By the way, he spent eight days at Camp David preparing and he could not fill the two minutes with it a the.
Speaker 2: Two minutes on two vitally important issues like social Security. Any politician should be able to fill for two minutes. In fact, you should be able to fill.
Speaker 3: These were not subtle, These were not gotcha's, These were obvious questions. He had nothing to say. He was scared. He was a deer in the headlights.
Speaker 2: So you said, deer in headlights. Let's go to the next conversation that's being had right now. And I'm sure it's being had at the White House, at the EOB, at the Camp Paying headquarters. Who goes to the president first and says step down? And then you're also dealing.
Speaker 1: With every guy.
Speaker 2: That's everybody very stubborn though like he can just can't he just look at him say I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: He is absolutely stubborn. I think it is BARACKO Bob. I think it is Nancy Pelosi. I think it is Chuck Schumer. I think it is every leader in the Democrat Party. It's not Kamala Harris Kamo is not allowed in the room, but I think it is. And they go to him and they're pitch to him. They say, Joe, you were an historic president, you saved America from Donald Trump. You wanted to be the next FDR. I think they will. They will appeal to his vanity and say you are the next to FDR. You are consequential right now. If you stay in the race, you risk undoing your entire legacy and giving that legacy going down in history as the man who made Donald Trump president. If you stay in this race, it will be your fault that Trump is president. I think they'll appeal to his vanity and and look that that is, I think to Joe bideny really powerful pitch.
Speaker 5: Look you look at the debate tonight. He said things.
Speaker 3: At one point, he said, during Trump's presidency, we had a thousand trillionaires. By the way, there are no trillionaires on planet Earth. At another point, he said, during Donald Trump, we had fifty percent unemployment.
Speaker 5: No, that is wildly wrong.
Speaker 3: At another point, he said he created Joe Biden created hundreds of millions of jobs. Mind you, there three hundred and thirty million Americans and apparently he's created hundreds of millions of jobs, so more more jobs than there are working Americans. Like it is, every answer was a problem. At another point, he said, the Border Patrol endorsed me.
Speaker 5: Let's be clear.
Speaker 3: The Border Patrol Union immediately tweeted out to be clear, we have never and will never endorse Biden at every stage. And what's interesting, he was also trying to insult Trump. Yeah, and Trump didn't take debate. Yeah, and he was smart. It was really at Actually when Trump poked Biden, Biden freaked out. He couldn't not debate. And so the contrast, and I'll say something else. You mentioned African American votes. Trump's numbers are surging in the black community, and I think tonight he made a very hard pitch for black voters, and his most significant pitch. He had a lot of points about how bad Trump, how bad Biden has been for the African American community, talked about inflation, how it's hammering black families, but then he also tied it to illegal immigration, and he said, look, the millions and millions of ill immigrants that are coming into this country. They're taking jobs from black Americans. That is a powerful argument. That is an argument. And by the way, Biden had no response to that. It was silent. It was on the substance. Trump prosecuted the case and Biden crashed and burned. And in fact, the Wall Street Journal just sent out their key takeaway, their story that they wrote tonight, and it's now ten forty seven pm, and their headline is Biden crashed in first debate with Trump. That's not an editorial, that's the news headline in the Wall Street Journal because it is just objectively. If you watch the Hindenburg explode, you don't say Zeppelin landed tonight.
Speaker 1: Great point.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to you about my friends at Blackout Coffee. The world is up in flames. Bidenomics is a complete until disaster. And the reality is there's a lot of companies out there that are still going to try to prop him up. There's a lot of woke liberal coffee companies out there that are going to still give incredible amounts of money to Joe Biden and other Democrats running for office. That is the one reason why I want you to know about Blackout Coffee because they were created by a group of conservatives that said, hey, we're one hundred percent committed to conservative values. We're not going to give our money these woke companies, and we're committed to conservative values. From the sourcing of our beings, the roasting process, customer support, and shipping. Blackout Coffee they truly embody American values. And then here's the other big thing. You get a premium cup of coffee every single day. I start my day at seven am on the radio. I have to have a great cup of coffee, not an average cup of coffee. I want an amazing cup of coffee. And that is what I get from Blackout Coffee. I get a premium cup of coffee every single morning. I want you to try it. I'm gonna get you to save some money right now. Use the cupeon code vertict, and you're gonna get twenty percent off your first order. I'm gonna say that again, twenty percent off your first order by using the promo code vertict. Just go to Blackoutcoffee dot com. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com, slash verdict, Blackoutcoffee dot com, slash Verdict use the cupeon code vertict for twenty percent off your first order. Be Awake, not Woke, and get the best cup of coffee a premium cup of coffee every day. Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict promo code vertict for twenty percent off your first order. Well, let's also talk about those that have been lying. The media center has been lying, congressmen have been lying, staff members have been lying. They've been going on TV telling you that Joe Biden can run circles around me. The White House Press Secretary saying over and over again, saying there's no cognitive decline here, saying that he's in perfect health. This guy is is a beast. You know, he's jacked up aviator Joe. Now they're all actually having to admit they're wrong, but no one's gonna, i think, call them accountable for that. They're just gonna run out there and say, clearly, it's time for him to step aside, step aside, step aside, which is also weird because if you're not cognitive, you don't have the cognitibility to be president in the future, right, and they're saying he can't be the president come January again, then when does the twenty fifth and does that even come up? Because you're admitting that he's basically incapacitated.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, listen, we have seen reporters and we've seen Democrats lying about Joe's mental capacity for a long time, and nobody fair and objective who watched tonight could conclude anything other than this is a man who is seriously mentally diminished. You know it's interesting Andrew Yang, who you remember, ran for president against Joe in twenty twenty, he tweeted out tonight, quote, look, I debated Joe seven times in twenty twenty. He's a different guy in twenty twenty four, hashtag swap Joe out that that's from one of the alternative one of the other candidates who ran against twenty twenty, from a prominent Democrat. Two of the top trends that were trending tonight right after the debate were dementia and Michelle Obama.
Speaker 5: Now that's bad news.
Speaker 3: I's if that's what's what is trending. And all right, I want to wrap up tonight's pod with this. I'm going to do something I have rarely, if ever done. I may never have done this before. I'm going to praise CNN this morning's debate. You and I both thought Jake Tapper and Dana Bash would do a terrible job. They both hate Donald Trump, they both have become hard partisans. CNN did an excellent job tonight with this debate. Jake Tapper and Dana Bash. That was the best debate moderation they have ever done. They ask good questions, They asked substantive questions. They didn't make the debate about them. One of the interesting things no one is debating about the moderators bad debate moderators. When Chris Wallace debated moderated, the whole debate was about him because he wanted to be right in the center of the show. When Candy Crowley from CNN was the moderator between Obama and Mitt Romney, she made it all about her. Jake and Dana they asked good questions, They moved subjects along. They would press the candidates, but not in a jerky way. They just say, I asked you the following question, you have another sixty seconds to answer. When they didn't get their questions answered, that's a perfectly reasonable thing for a debate moderator to to do. I've been in multiple debates that each of them have moderated. I think they both were incredibly sensitive to everyone laying out the facts that they have shown wild bias, and tonight tonight they didn't and they did an excellent job, and I think that was a service to the country.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you one other question, because everyone's asking it in their head right now, what is the hold on a second?
Speaker 4: Ben?
Speaker 3: You didn't respond to that, and since you're a former employee of CNN, I'm not gonna let you bet. Ben, you have sixty two seconds. The question is do you think Jake and Danna did a good job.
Speaker 2: I think they did a decent job. And here's why I'm not gonna get them as much cred as you did. You ready for this, all right, but I'm gonna make you answer it. I'm not gonna let you wiggle away.
Speaker 1: Fair point. Here's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: I think they were in as much shock as we were, going, Holy crap, I'm watching an incapacitated president of the United States of America, and they were caught so off guard they said, just stick to the script, Just stick the script, Just stick the script, like it was a default mode. Because because it was such a glaring disaster with Biden that no one, no, none of the moderators were honestly paying attention to Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yes, but.
Speaker 3: Jake and DNA were more measured than I've ever seen them. They were deliberately controlled. They knew that half the country viewed them as wild eyed partisans. Look, we played this morning Jake analogizing Trump to Adolf Hitler. Yes, and I still believe that to I think he believes it. But tonight that didn't come out. And and so if we're going to criticize him when when he's not doing a good job, I will say.
Speaker 5: I think they think that they did their job.
Speaker 2: The biggest political train wreck in American history, and they were in it and it was like, I don't know what to do?
Speaker 1: How do you triage this? And so they got rid of some of that.
Speaker 2: I think if Joe Biden would have showed up jacked up like you did at the say of the Union, I think it would have been a completely different debate from the moderators standpoint. But I think they saw what everybody else saw, which was we have a present that is incapacitated and the whole world is watching it now.
Speaker 1: And no one can stop it.
Speaker 2: There was no one to step in and lead him off the stage like Barack Obama did two weeks ago, Which brings me back to that question that everyone's asking, how quickly will we find out if the conversations with Joe Biden are going to work to get him to step aside?
Speaker 1: Number one? Okay?
Speaker 2: And number two, how quickly do Democrats have to fall back in line and stick with this guy if he doesn't decide to step down. And those are the two most important questions. Maybe the entire night.
Speaker 3: Three weeks, twenty one days, this happens or doesn't happen. In three weeks, I think you're going to have massive chaos following this debate. You're going to have massive panic. People are going to go to Michelle Obama. People are going to go to Joe Biden. I don't think given the train wreck that happened tonight, I don't think they'll wait until after the Democrat Convention. I think they feel a panic right now. I think they're going to want Michelle Obama to be the keynote speaker at the Democrat Convention, not Joe Biden. So I think we have twenty one days for this to play out and look over the course of the last year, I've handicapped this. I initially laid it out as a possibility, then shifted as the Democrats and the media we're starting to get nervous about Joe Biden. I shifted to about fifty percent. As we sit here today, I put the odds at north of eighty percent that Michelle Obama is the Democrat nominee on the ballot in November of this year.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 2: This has been fun. It's shocking. It is crazy to watch this debate in real time. Never watch anything like this. It's also fun doing a dual show with you with my podcasts and you're in our podcast and this being on the radio as well. Don't forget you can download Verdict with Ted Cruz. We do this three days a week Monday, we was Ay Friday. You can grab my show obviously every day. And if you're listening to this on the radio, thank you and make sure you downloaded the podcast that we just mentioned and the center. I will see you back here for the Week in Reviews Saturday, which is a recap of the past week. It's going to be one heck of a show. And you can also grab my show as well. We'll see you back here soon.