Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And Getty and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: The pardon sweeping covering offenses that Hunter Biden quote has committed or may have committed or taken part in over the past eleven years.
Speaker 4: Eleven years is a very specific and not rounded amount of time, So Haunter.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a pardon a.
Speaker 4: Few years, five years, ten years.
Speaker 2: It needs to be eleven.
Speaker 4: And if you would be so kind, make sure this upcoming New Year's Eve is also covered. Going to get Christy, I didn't know pardoners could after crimes you may have committed us. I'm surprised Biden didn't include the phrase on Earth one or any.
Speaker 2: Of the Earth in the multiverse.
Speaker 5: John Stewart had a lot of fun with the Hunter Biden pardon last night, pointing out that yes, eleven years is very specific. Why not twelve? Why not ten? There must be some reason you chose eleven and all the speculation that goes with that, and then just the damage it did to all those candidates that were out there for the entire election year saying, look at the difference between Republicans and Democrats. We let the Justice Apartment do its job and then live with the results. The Republican Party fights blah blah blah blah blah, right, and Trump claims it's all of politics. And then and then Joe Biden specifically puts out a statement saying the Justice Department is infected with politics and okay.
Speaker 1: Which happens to be in the case of Hunter Biden, the opposite of the truth in which he was cut to probably felonious sweetheart deals by a fixed Justice department, but he found the gumption to claim otherwise. This is outrageous in half a dozen different ways. The idea that a dad let his son off the hook for crimes, I mean, everybody gets that, and it may be wrong, and you might condemn it, but that's not where the focus needs to be. The focus, in my opinion, needs to be on the utterly insane eleven year period where anything you did during that period you'll never be prosecuted for. It's not like he got convicted and sentenced to five years. I'm commuting his sentence because he's my boy. No, this is a sort of blanket license for lawlessness backward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Dispatch had a good piece on that.
Speaker 5: Today, some legal observers have pointed out that Joe Biden could have structured the part in a way that didn't undermine the credibility of the Justice Department but preempted targeting by the Trump administration, because Biden is claiming that, well, when Trump gets into office, he's gonna spend all his time trying to get Hunter Biden. Biden could have simply issued a pardon on any uncharged crimes, but let the tax and gun convictions stand, for instance, so that Trump couldn't have tried to find other stuff but said, you know, my son did these things and so he's going to pay the price. Or he could have commuted the future sentencing decisions in the two cases he was convicted in, just commuted those and left it alone from that. Instead, the President opted for a broad pardon and justified it by claiming political bias by federal prosecutors. Well that's David Weiss, who if you've been following this whole saga, remember him, he's the Special Council. Well, he isn't taking this allegation sitting down, writes the dispatch because Joe Biden basically called him out and said he's corrupt over the weekend, So weis his office filed a motion on Sunday in the tax case requesting that the judge closed the docket on the case and instead of simply dismissing it, which would preserve the record of the indictment, just so it continues to be there as opposed to going away. Prosecutors included a thinly veiled rebuttal to Biden's claims there was none and never has been any evidence of vindictive or selective prosecution in the case. Weiss goes on to say, in total, eleven different federal judges appointed by six different presidents, including Hunter's father, considered and rejected the defendant's claims, including his claims for selective and vindictive prosecution. Wow, that's the Justice Apartment saying, oh no, don't go claim and work corrupt ufing liar. Yeah, yeah, six all those judges appointed by six different presidents, on the specific complaint of we're politicizing this, have all rejected that after looking at it. But you, Joe Biden, have found something somewhere that none of those judges saw.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous and maybe the senile Potus hooked all this up. I smell the unholy lavender perfume of fake doctor Jill in all of this, right, yes, we.
Speaker 2: Can in that.
Speaker 1: If Biden had merely said, look, he's my son and I love him. He screwed up while he's on drugs. He's paid back his taxes. I'm commuting his sentences, people would be angry and saying this is you can't be angry at Clinton for the Mark Rich thing. You can't be angry at Trump for Gerald Kushner's dad. You can't be mad at any of these presidents and then put.
Speaker 2: Up with this. We don't like this.
Speaker 1: You better be careful, presidents, or there's gonna be a price to pay. Okay, that would have been fine, but it went so far beyond that. Not only the blanket pardon for all sins that maybe were committed that we don't know about, which is I mean, that's like beyond what Ford gave Nixon fifty years ago. It's crazy, but the indictment of his own Justice Department, in the defiance of those eleven feral judges of all facts of the Sweetheart deal. Weis's cooked up that got tossed out by that good judge you in DC.
Speaker 2: Why would you do all that? It's it's horrible.
Speaker 1: This has gotten and it will continue to get quadruple the scrutiny of just commuting the sentences for the tax and gun crimes. The answer why you would do some of it is because you run a money laundering outfit and have for decades.
Speaker 5: Ben go that's got a bit of an Okham's razor to it. Or if that, you know, whatever's the most likely is usually the right answer. Here's an interesting angle from Senator Joe Manchin, Democrat.
Speaker 6: As a father, I don't know if a father that would have done the same thing, well, I would have done differently. My recommendation, as the counsel would have been, why don't you go ahead and pardon Donald Trump for all his charges and make it you know, it had been gone down a lot more balanced, if you will, I'm just saying, wipe.
Speaker 2: Them out for his legacy.
Speaker 6: I don't know from that standpoint, does it makes it difficult?
Speaker 2: Decent point from Joe Manchin.
Speaker 5: If you're believing that things got too political in our justice system during a hot presidential election, yeah, pardon hunter pardon Trump. Let's all just move forward and claim we're going to do better in the future, though we won't.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't want to get off on this tangent, but it is what he did, and the way he did it.
Speaker 5: Was unnecessarily politically just terrible. David Actionlrod Smart David Actelrod on CNN this morning said it was handled very poorly. There's all kinds of different options. You could do the thing you were talking about about, partning Hunter as a dad and everything like that, but I realize not everybody has these connections, and that's why I'm launching the come up with an acronym that is all about helping drug addicts get back on their feet, some program that's never going to do anything.
Speaker 2: But you say that sort of you know, yeah, yeah, you'd promote legislation.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't even get a but it doesn't matter for how troops in the field and drug addicts and whomever else gets to second Chance or tax counseling or something. But they didn't even try, which is just either a sign of he doesn't give a crap, or well, it's probably that hey, let's do this for me, do this for me. On January twentieth. It's the twentieth right, Yep, Trump gets inaugurated. We are going to lose the pleasure, the joy of listening to one Carine Jean Pierre vomit up some of the most ridiculous word salads I've heard in my history of watching this stuff. I mean, she is a being asked to defend the indefensible, which is frequently the job of the Press secretary, but b she's uniquely terrible at it. And she was confronted with the absolute, undeniable dishonesty and hypocrisy of the whole hundred pardon thing by reporters who are fairly aggressive and thirty five Michael is.
Speaker 2: Just this is.
Speaker 1: Like her on core song on her farewell tour. This will be remembered.
Speaker 2: You have said repeatedly yourself since the election. The President has said for months no pardon was coming.
Speaker 5: I just I wanted to ask you, could those statements now be seen as lives.
Speaker 2: From the American people? Is there really credibility?
Speaker 7: Is you hear?
Speaker 2: Given now this announcement.
Speaker 8: First of all, one of the things that the president always believes is to be truthful to the American people. That is something that he always truly believes. And if you see the end of his I assume that you've read his statement and you look at the end of that statement, and he actually says that in the first line, in the last paragraph and respects the thinking and how the American people will actually see this in his decision making. And I would encourage everyone to read it full of the President's statement. I think he lays out his thought process, He lays out how he came to this decision. He came to this decision this weekend. So let's be very clear about that. He says it himself, it's in his voice. He said he came to this decision this weekend, and he said he wrestled with us and because he believes in the justice Simpson, but he also believes that the war politics infected the process and led to a miscarriage of justice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my favorite part is how those last two sentences don't go together. I believe in the justice system, but I believe it was infected with politics, So.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in the justice system. Let's hear the follow up, Michael.
Speaker 9: Does the president believe now and agree with President elect Trump that the justice system has been weaponized for political purposes and that it needs brute and brands reform.
Speaker 2: No, read the president's statement seriously. Read the president's statement. He said he believes in the Department of Justice. He does.
Speaker 8: He also believes that rural politics infected the process and it led to a miscarriage of justice.
Speaker 2: He believes his son was unfairly targeted.
Speaker 8: He said that what his political opponents have done to my son, that's his words, is cruel and enough is enough.
Speaker 5: I believe in marriage and the sanctity of marriage. I would never cheat on my wife. You're kissing her right now. I would never cheat on my wife.
Speaker 2: Why are you up your hand while you're saying this?
Speaker 1: Wow, she is either incompetent or shameless or just being put in an impossible position.
Speaker 5: That actually made my brain hurt. The dissonance that made my brain hurt is that is yeah. Does she know I just said two sentences that are one hundred and eighty degrees opposite each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just I just contradicted myself, like back to back words. So I understand the power that the Press secretary has and how if you have an ongoing relationship with them, you've got to be at least a little diplomatic as a reporter. But why don't Moore say you didn't come within a mile of answering my question, or you just said two things that are directly contradictory in the same paragraph.
Speaker 2: Sort them out for me, please.
Speaker 5: He believes in the justic justice system, he doesn't believe in the justice system.
Speaker 2: Those are between.
Speaker 1: If the justice system has been politicized, no, absolutely not, but politics perverted the justice system. Wow, all right, you're wasting my time in your sweetheart. I can't wait till you're gone. Now shut up. I'm psick with you. I don't care if I get access. Your mummified presidency is over. You even lying in my face for two years. Now goodbye.
Speaker 2: To get out. Somebody get her a parachute. We're going to toss her out of here.
Speaker 5: dB Cooper's style, which reminds me they may have figured out who dB Cooper was. Did you follow that story while we were on break?
Speaker 2: Very exciting. I saw a headline. Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: They might actually have figured it out. I mean, seriously, I'm just not sure I care anymore. Oh, and some other stuff that we have to get to stay here, So there's craziness going on in South Korea right now. Like I'm looking with the TV, south Korean troops descend on Parliament as opposition politicians. So the president declared martial law, et cetera, et cetera. This has all been happening in the last couple of hours. Let's get a quick report from CNN and then a little more for you.
Speaker 10: This is essentially the first martial law in something like forty years in South Korea. They have enjoyed a peaceful transfer of power despite increasingly divided politics that have been plaguing Soul. The president un his approval rating has been absolutely abysmal. As the reason for this martial law, his opponents believe that what he's really trying to do is to try to push through his agenda, including getting a budget passed. He feels is impossible with his opposition in control in parliament right now. So by enacting martial law, essentially banning political activity, taking control of the media, banning people from gathering in protests, I mean, all of these things are now essentially illegal under martial law.
Speaker 5: So in one report, so this sounds like the president's going out of his mind, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: So this is this report.
Speaker 5: I see our friend Mike Leins is up on CNN talking about it, and some of the video it looks crazy around the parliament building. I mean, South Korea is a real country. It's not like some you know, Central South America nut job country. South Korea is a real country, and they got nutty stuff happening in there right now. But here's one report. We're route to the National Assembly now we've confirmed members of law enforcement at the behest of the president are blocking politicians from getting back into the National Assembly. Lawmakers want to get back there and undo the declaration of martial law. So the lawmakers are trying to get back into Parliament to vote and saying no. Apparently they've got enough division of power the same way we do that they could say no, you don't get to have a martial law, but the president has got the cops keeping them from getting back in, so they can't do it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is the first declaration of martial law since they ended their military dictatorship in the late eighties. But this is the sort of stuff that like Trump derangement syndrome, people think Trump will do right. I mean, where you would have the military or the cops, stopping Congress from being able to do something that would not happen in our country. Right, But I mean, it's got a very January sixth look to it. I'm watching it on television right now. Pretty violent push and shoven trying to get the doors open, trying to get the doors closed, depending on whether you're the I don't know if those are cops or military, all of them, but people are pouring in. I don't know if they're all politicians or just human beings.
Speaker 2: But that's quite a mess. So the head.
Speaker 1: Of the president's own party set in a Facebook post that the president's martial law declaration is wrong and he would work with the citizens to stop it.
Speaker 5: Hey, we got another great clip about this. Maybe we'll get to when we come back from the commercials. This is kind of exciting to watch a fully mature economy, Western civilization sort of place.
Speaker 2: Boulevart and one of our allies and one of our allies, right fun.
Speaker 5: You say, old fathead in North Korea has got to be watching this and thinking.
Speaker 2: Or thinking you're doing it all wrong.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, shoot everybody and the rest exactly.
Speaker 2: You shoot a couple editors, you have fire amount of cannons. What are you doing here? Feed them to dog? Who pops? And feed them to dogs?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh we've got more on the way.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 3: There are police officers on the phone who are wondering what is going on, who are calling their captains. You can overhear them in Korean saying what are we doing? What is happening right now? There are people who are leaving bars, who are leaving restaurants, calling their moms, calling their dads, calling their children, saying I'm coming home right now. This has not happened within the twenty first century. A declaration of martial law something that remains in memories of people from the nineteen eighties when South Korea was still under a military dictatorship.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well South Korea has gone nuts again, at least for today. So the president of South Korea declared martial law. It looks like to keep his version of Congress Parliament from counterbalancing any some of the things that he wants to do. So he declared martial law so they couldn't get back in and vote on various things. Well, one thing they want to do, they wanted to do is get back in and vote no, we're not going to have martial law, because, as you just heard from those reports there, everybody you know in Seoul is like, what the hell's going on? I mean, this is really weird. I mean I can't leave the school, I can't leave my place at work. The police don't know what they're supposed to be doing. Well, enough of the parliament got back in to the building and we were watching it on TV live. I mean it had a January sixth look to it. I mean they were fighting through cops who were probably conflicted as to whether or not they should have been following the president's orders or not trying to get back into the building. But enough of them got back into the building, and the South Korean National Assembly has decisively rejected the martial law declaration, with one hundred and ninety of the three hundred lawmakers voting in favor of the motion to block it by law. President Youwn must comply, and it's most likely believed that an impeachment procedure will begin immediately.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, Well, this is a real test of the institutions of that particular democracy. Obviously, the next twenty four hours ago is going to or so rather is going to be really telling do they convene the impeachment vote to the police and military, you know, accept the wishes of the legislatu.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's classic, has been this way through all through history. Are the cops in the military going to follow the president or not? Or the law or the law, And that's way it always goes. And you know, going back to Christmas Day ninety one, is that when it was when Yelton was staying out on the tank, the military said, nah, we ain't going to do it.
Speaker 2: We ain't firing in all these people. We ain't doing it.
Speaker 5: And then it's over that direction, or sometimes it goes the other way see Tieneman Square nineteen eighty nine. The military does fire on all the people and the little rebellions over.
Speaker 1: Tell you what to pull back the camera a little bit and get a broader view, folks. One of our most important allies modern democracy is having a near coup and never has any babies anymore and is demographically disappearing. China's on the war path has similar demographic problems. Even their allies now are starting to get pissed off about Jack. This will gratify you, cheap Chinese crap getting dumped into their markets and putting their manufacturers out of business.
Speaker 2: Man, there is instability in the air.
Speaker 5: And something I was reading I'm not smart enough to completely understand, but we just the Biden administration just announced some new sanctions that's going to really make it difficult for China to get the best computer chips or make the best computer chips. And then so they blasted back with some terraf for ban or something on dual use things that could be used for military purposes that you can if you want to claim anything. So there's that level of economic warfare going on, which is just the burbling under the surface of the real warfare that is practically inevitable. Inevitable between the United States and China. But Trump is going to over the next four years as he heads into his eighties. He's obviously inheriting the whole Israel hamas hezbela really Israel Iran thing, and then the Russia Ukraine thing, and then China. Is not all that stuff is going to play out during his first term.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna be easy.
Speaker 1: No, Although it's remarkable the extent to which already the winds have shifted in the Middle East, as Trump has made his support for Israel and against Iran, which is unmistakably clear.
Speaker 2: On that front.
Speaker 5: I just came across this tweet from Mark Penn, who, if you're not super into politics, and you shouldn't be, you don't know this name. He was an advisor to the Clintons back in the day and would go on all the Sunday shows, hardcore democrat. But he tweeted out Joe mentioned this earlier. Trump basically said, Hey, give back the hostages or we're going to hit you so hard, like hit or you harder than you've ever been hit before.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Mark Penn, the Democrat, the Clinton Knight, said Wow, finally a president who, in response to Hamas propaganda, threatens Hamas instead of Israel, that they better release the hostages or face the consequences. The world has been stuck for over a year waiting for this simple, forceful, moral clarity. This is why Iran returned its hostages when Reagan took office after thumbing its nose at Carter, and why Isis lost its caliphate under Trump while surging in power and territory under Obama.
Speaker 1: Right, I've got to admit and I'm not proud of this. I guess it's very hard to resist as a human being. But you get used to a certain modus operandi and it stops.
Speaker 2: You lose your sense.
Speaker 1: Of how dumb and bad it is, just because it's always there. The Joe Biden foreign policy and we have said, why is he not threatening to escalate against Hamas instead of continually saying.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't want to escalate.
Speaker 1: Where the hell was give us our hostages back, or we're gonna liquidate you.
Speaker 2: Where was that?
Speaker 1: When Trump says it, you realize, oh, that's right, that's worth the greatest superpower on earth. Why are we tiptoeing around afraid of hurting people's feelings? Oh, it's disgusting.
Speaker 5: So I'm almost finished with that Bob Woodward book that nobody read, but one of the more interesting things that came out of it, and I've found it highly enjoyable because I love this stuff. The TikTok reporting on how everything played out with the Hamas October seventh, the response same with Ukraine and everything just great. The Bob Woodward books, he calls him the first draft of history, and then later people will use his reporting to add to it the history books about these major events. But just weeks before Hamas invaded Israel, MBS in Saudi Arabia was ready to do a deal with Israel fully normalizing relations, which would have included the United States will protect Saudi Arabia if they're ever attacked, or Israel if they're ever attacked, and vice in both of those countries. So Israel would have come to Saudi Arabia's defense and Saudi Arabia to come to Israel's defense if Iran ever attacked. And they were ready to do that deal when Hamas invaded, and then MBS still wanted to do it, still wants to do it this day because he thinks it's the best. He's worried about Iran. He thinks the best thing for his country is to be normalized with Israel and be under the umbrella of the United States protection. Who wouldn't want that? But his street won't allow that. He said, he said, half the people in this country are younger than me, and I'm thirty four, whatever he is, and he said, they are just horrified at the Palestinian deaths.
Speaker 2: And all that sort of stuff. I can't normalize. Now, where is.
Speaker 1: The utterly dishonest and mostly incompetent mainstream media in reporting that very easy to understand sequence of events. Israel was about to do a giant deal mutual self defense with Saudi Arabia. Iran couldn't have that, and so they sent their attack dog Hamas to blow up our deal. Expression f up the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so obvious that narrative ought to be known by every American. It ought to be as familiar as you know, any other much discussed historical development. But now it's been clouded in the god the woke college student, genocide settler, colonial Oh, for the love of Heaven, cut the crap. Oh, you pick up your cut the crap, armstring, getdy t shirt at armstring. Giddy dot com flying off the shelves. Seriously, can we cut the crap? Here?
Speaker 5: You can usually tell who talked to Woodwork in his books. It's pretty easy because the quotes are clearer and they tend to get seen in a better light. But it seems pretty clear that the Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln was talking to Woodward and his description at the very beginning of this thing of his dealings with ELCSI, the guy who runs Egypt, and how they absolutely no way Palestinians are coming into this country. One thing I'm telling you, we are not allowing Palestinians into this country.
Speaker 2: That would be a disaster. They'll try to overthrow our government.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah and so yeah again, where are the college students not being aware of these dynamics those Arab countries? He hate the Palestinians more than the United States does or BB does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go talk to the Lebanese, Go talk to the Kuwaitis and ask them, Hey, what happens if you let a bunch of Palestinians into your country. They'll tell you more on that in a moment. After a quick word from our friends that simply say home security. We're talking about the lack of law enforcement and the crime in the air, and the porch pirates and the rest of it. Well, simply Safe is the best defense against all of that stuff. And they've extended their massive black Flat Friday deal for our listeners. You get fifty percent off a new simply Safe security system, the most trusted system going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you want to take advantage of this deal. You want to simply safe protection. You're out running around over Christmas or maybe even gone for a week or whatever, knowing you've got the simply Safe system set up. I set it up myself in like a half an hour when I moved to a bigger place. I just ordered a few more sensors, few more door cameras and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's easy and the simply Safe outdoor guard I'm sory active guard to outdoor protection is incredible. It prevents crime before it happens. Someone's lurking around or acting suspiciously, the agents see them in real time, talk to them directly, set off your spotlights, call the cops.
Speaker 2: Before the break in, and all of that.
Speaker 1: No long term contracts, no cancelation fees, and it's around a bucketday for all this protection.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Simply Safe as extending.
Speaker 1: That massive Black Friday deal once again, fifty percent off any new system with select professional monitoring plan. It's your last chance to claim the best offer of the year. Had to simply Safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't want to rehash the election at all. But we did miss the Kamala Harris video that got put out by the DNC while we were on vacation that got roundly criticized, or just a big giant what why.
Speaker 2: Did they put that out?
Speaker 5: She sounded like a crazy She sounded like a drunk, crazy person.
Speaker 2: Did you see that. I don't think I had.
Speaker 5: To her to her luck. I think it got obscured by Thanksgiving. It was like two days before Thanksgiving. She was on a zoom call to supporters. It was like one of the final you know, thanks for all your help things, and the DNC, for whatever reason, grabbed thirty seconds of it and put it out on their official platform, and it went everywhere. She looks crazy, she sounds drunk, and it's just like, whose idea was this? The only thing people can think is that like it was an attempt to undermine her, like kind of throwing her under the bus without her knowing it, like this is our candidate, this is why we lost.
Speaker 2: Don't blame us.
Speaker 1: So now the DNC is like libs of tiktoking right exactly, because.
Speaker 5: Nobody can figure out, why would you put that out? Why would you grab some of that private conversation and put that out for.
Speaker 2: Her and to see, yeah, you nailed it. That's it.
Speaker 1: They want her the hell out of the way. She's a loser and a half wit. They don't want any sniff of her saying I didn't have a long enough time to get Joe held on too long, I couldn't get my campaign up, and no want to.
Speaker 2: They want to nip that in the bud. Right right, right, right right.
Speaker 5: Maybe we should grab that audio so you can hear it, because you probably all missed it too. It happened very much like you when we come back, stay here. A couple of things that I think are interesting enough to mention about the election and the results. The podcast America people that were, you know, the crowd that got Obama elected. They'd included David Ploof, who was running Kamala Harrison's campaign. He said last week, and I thought this was damned interesting. He said, we never had internal polling showing us ahead. We would see these national polls in various states and think, I don't know where they're getting that. So that's why Mark Haupron was regularly and I was passing it along and his newsletter saying internal polling shows Trump's gonna win this thing.
Speaker 2: It just he said that.
Speaker 5: Just he said, I can't share that stuff. But they're internal, and so they confirmed that last week. We were never ahead in our polls ever. Wow, So they at no point had any reason to think they were gonna win. Then there was a different get together of some sort with people that worked on the campaign that was so full of crap it was unbelievable, with one of the women running her campaign saying we just couldn't break out of this narrative, this ridiculous narrative that she wouldn't do interviews. We were doing interviews constantly, but somehow the narrative took hold that she wouldn't answer questions like what.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about?
Speaker 5: She went like thirty days without talking to anybody, then did a softball interview. She failed. I mean, what do you figure that's dishonesty or you know, delusion. I don't know, it's hard to say. I find that sort of thing fascinating.
Speaker 2: Do we all?
Speaker 5: Maybe we all do this, We fail at a job, you know, a marriage or career, whatever, and we come up with a story in her own head so that we're not to blame. I don't know, but I found that fascinating. She seemed like she actually believed that. And then there's this. So I'm actually going to read you what Joonah Goldberg wrote about it last week before we play it for you. So, Kamala Harris does some sort of thing with big donors and everybody, and people were worked on the campaign and it was like a private ish thing, although nothing stays private anymore where she was talking to those.
Speaker 1: People, probably trying to siphon some money out of some final money to retire their debts. But anyway, and the Democratic Party puts out a thirty second snippet of it for some reason, and Joanah Goldberg tweets it out and I saw it lots of places.
Speaker 2: He said, this is un good.
Speaker 5: It feels like a QVC segment where it ends with her finishing her margarita and saying, and that's why our healing crystals are fifty percent off.
Speaker 2: For the first one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Here's Kamala Harrison, something put out by the Democratic Party.
Speaker 7: I know this is an uncertain time. I'm clear eyed about that. I know you're clear eyed about it. And it feels heavy and I just have to remind you don't you ever let anybody take your power from you. You have the same power that you did before November fifth, and you have the same purpose that you did, and you have the same ability to engage and.
Speaker 1: Inspire, and you have the same lack of ability to say something that's.
Speaker 5: Not vapid it was. Maybe it struck you all the same way it did me. It's like, oh yeah, because it'd been several weeks since we'd heard from her, It's like, oh yeah, that's Kamala Harris. She can't freaking say anything. And the question, of course, is why did the DNC put that out Remember, don't forget you still have the same power.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What was the point of that greeting card? Rhetorics strung together poorly? I mean, I get that it's vaguely uplifting. We can still do this. It's a setback, but hang in there. But it's just so poorly dumb, all right, So why would you Why would you put that out there? I almost feel like it was a this is who she was?
Speaker 2: Remember, So yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't I so am not the sort of person who would respond to that sort of rhetoric, even if it was skillfully right.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't so there.
Speaker 5: So there's that they never had her ahead in any of their internal polls.
Speaker 2: That's something.
Speaker 1: Next Hour a lot of stuff to squeeze in, including some some more commentary on the utterly outrageous and indefensible blanket immunity. You shouldn't even call it a pardon, but the blanket immunity Joe Biden gave his son and really de facto his entire money laundering empire. Some folks that we haven't heard from, including some folks from lefty media who are laying it on pretty thick, among other things. If you don't get Next Hour Gravitfi podcast later on today, it's Armstrong and Giddy on demand, you should probably subscribe.
Speaker 5: This might actually be my final comment on the Kamala Harris campaign of all time, which is probably good. But I do think some point, I don't know how long they have to wait because they're young. A lot of those you know, big did in democratic people that we're working with her. At some point they're going to write books and say we got a loan in a room with her and realized what we're working with and just tried to It's like when football teams have a quarterback that's not very good and you just give them easy plays and handoffs, easy throws. You just try to minimize the damage. He realized, this is not the guy that's gonna win it for you.
Speaker 2: Right. I think you've said it exactly correctly. The fans are yelling, he's got to roll out and throw the ball.
Speaker 1: We've got to throw the ball, and the head coach is thinking, he can't throw the effing ball. I'm not having him throw it because he's not capable of it. So shut up, somehow, drink your beer.
Speaker 2: Someday they will tell that story and it'll be awesome.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty