Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show. Good morning, everybody, Happy Tuesday. We have an amazing show for everybody today. What do we have, Crystal, Indeed we do.
Speaker 1: So we have a lot to get to with regard to Biden, and also we have a lot of international news to catch up on, so we are doing all of that today. With regard to Biden, there was absolute chaos in the press briefing room yesterday. This is in regards to visits to the White House repeatedly of a Parkinson's expert. They wanted to stonewall and not acknowledged she was there. It was a crazy situation. So we'll show you all of that and also what they are saying now this morning. Today is perhaps the critical day for Biden and his real life bid. This is when House Democrats in the House and the Senate are meeting, so we'll show you what top democrats are saying about all of that, the views, Wopy Goldberg giving him an interesting endorsement, and CNN surprisingly doing a little fact checking of President Biden for once, So we'll show you all of that. We also have some updates for you with regard to Israel. The death count in Gaza now maybe as high as two hundred thousand. That's according to a leading medical journal. Ryan and Jeremy's Gahill are going to join us. As we brought you here exclusively live yesterday, they have now launched. They've left the Intercept. They've launched their own site called the Drop Site, and they have some controversial interviews with hamas leadership that you are definitely going to want to hear. We've also got to get you caught up in the elections in the UK. We're bringing in Owen Jones to do that. The elections in France, we're bringing in our No Batron to do that. So a lot of experts in the show, lots of get to should be a good one.
Speaker 2: Before we get to any of that, though, make sure you become a premium subscriber. We are already planning to be on the ground in Chicago. It's going to be a crazy convention. It does cost a lot of money. Those I am so happy we did yeah that we don't have to spend as much money because now you know, every person in the entire press corps wants to be down there. But we are booked, We are ready to go. So you can sign up Breakingpoints dot com. We're gonna have exclusive stuff for our premium subscribers and lots of cool content from the ground there as well. So there you go Breakingpoints dot Com to become a premium subscriber. Now, as Crystal said, there was absolute chaos that erupted in the White House breathing room after a story began to develop that we brought everybody yesterday the revelation that a Parkinson's expert had visited the White House some dozen times in the last two years, and in one case met with President Biden's official White House physician. Since that revelation, the White House Press Corps began pressing the Press Secretary Kaareane Jean Pierre. Why did this Parkinson's expert visit the White House? This came after Kareem Jean Pierre lied to the press corps about Biden having a medical examination after the debate.
Speaker 3: Here is what happened in that.
Speaker 4: Exchange that he gets every year that we provide to all.
Speaker 3: That's very basic question.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, wait a second, wait times, or at least once in regards hold on a second, pot wait no no, no, no, no, no, no wait a minute, come, Ed, please a little respect here, please.
Speaker 3: So every year.
Speaker 4: Around the president's physical examination, he sees a neurologist. That's three times, right, So I am telling you that he has seen a neurologists three times while he has been in this presidency. That's what I'm saying. I am telling you that he has seen them three times. That is what I'm sharing with you, right, So every time he has a physical he has had to see a neurologists. So that is answering that question.
Speaker 3: No, it is, it is you're asking.
Speaker 4: I also said to you, Ed, I also said to you, for security reasons, we cannot share names. We cannot share names.
Speaker 3: We have to. We have to. We can't.
Speaker 5: No one came here.
Speaker 4: We cannot share we cannot share names of specialists. Broadly from a dermatologist to a neurologists. We cannot share names. There are security reasons we have to. We have to product. I understand that, I hear you. Anyone to see Ed, I hear you. I cannot from here confirm any of that because we have to keep their privacy. I think they would appreciate that too. We have to give them. We have to keep their privacy public. I hear you, guys, Guys, guys, hold on a second. There's no reason to get back and go back and forth with me in this aggressive way. I missed around here about how information has been shared with the press for what do you missed about what he just asked about? What do you? And then every time I come back and I answer the question that you, guys as I never answered the question incorrectly. That is not true. I was asked about a medical exam. I was asked about a physical that was in the line of question that I answered, and that is what the special hast said. I do want to I just want to take a step back for a second, because I do take offense to what ED alluded to. You know, come out here every day there's a press briefing and we do our best to give you the information that we have.
Speaker 3: At the time.
Speaker 4: That's what we do, and we understand the freedom of the press. We respect the freedom of the press. You heard me talk about this last week. I appreciate the back and forth that we all have. It is I try to respect you, and I hope we try to respect me, and we literally do everything that we can. My team does everything that we can to make sure we get the answers to you. That's what we do. And sometimes we disagree, sometimes we are not in agreement, but you know what, that's democracy. That is what is important to have that healthy back and forth. And so to say that I'm holding information or allude to anything else is not unfair.
Speaker 3: It is really really unfair.
Speaker 4: I think people who are watching and have been watching this briefing for this past week could say that we are doing our best in this briefing to provide the information that we have. And I will admit I will be the first one to admit sometimes I get it wrong. At least I admit that. At least I admit that, and sometimes I don't have the information and I will always always admit that.
Speaker 3: But I do take.
Speaker 4: Offense to what was just happening at the beginning of this briefing.
Speaker 3: It's not okay. She takes offense, she takes greefice. She is a liar.
Speaker 2: At the previous press briefing, she said the president did not have any medical checkup. Biden on a freaking donor call, then says, by the way I talked to my doctor, report like, hey, hold on a second. You said he didn't meet with the doctor. It was a verbal check in with his doctor. Really a check in about not feeling good. That sounds like a medical checkup, because that's the technical definition of the word. Now in this particular case, Crystal I said, this is probably one of the most bullshit answers in the history of Washington. The reason that we know this is, let's put this up there on the screen. This Parkinson's expert, whose name was on the White House visitors log, was released publicly by the White House under the transparency measures that have been put into place, I believe by Congress, in which the White House has then chooses to abide by. So they publicly released this man's name, including who he was meeting with. The press Corps then says, let's be very simple here, did this man visit the White House in conjunction with the President's help.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Did he visit as it relates to the President's health, That's all we want to know. She says, for security reasons. I cannot get into that. So let's be very clear here. She says, for security reasons, Crystal, I cannot confirm even this gentleman's name, even though the government has admitted that this man visited the White House. Yeah, some eight times in the last several years. And in addition that his name is public, including who he was meeting with. So look, if anything, they're not treating her badly enough. They should be shouting her down. You are a liar, liar, there's no other word for it.
Speaker 1: His name was released in public visitor yet literally over Oh, we can't release the name. That would be inappropriate to release the name of a specialist. And how dare you right? Take offense? And it's not fair, lady, And I love how she is, like at least I admit when incorrect. Yeah, once you get caught in a brazen lie, you have to come out and clean it up. As Ed says.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: The amazing thing, too, is I watched this entire portion of the press briefing with Korean John Ba and it just goes on from there. I mean Kelly O'Donnell goes in, or other reporters that go in as well, and you put it together and it starts to look very ominous by the way, the White House is now the White House physician has now released a letter supposedly explaining these visits eight over just the past number of months from a Parkinson's doctor. We'll get to that in a moment, But there's good reason why people are asking these questions. And it's not just because we've now seen that this Parkinson's specialist visited numerous times. We also have President Biden exhibiting symptoms that experts say appear to be consistent potentially with a Parkinson's diagnosis. Now, you always want to be careful here. No one wants to diagnose someone remotely. But also he's kind of lost the benefit of the doubt, hasn't he. Like it's one thing if it's a private person and you're just baselessly speculating about their health. This is the President of the United States, him and his staff been caught in a cover up of health condition. So you do not give the benefit of the doubt in this instance. So one article talk to a number of experts. Here's what they had to say. Their conclusion was, just listen, at the very least, he needs to be examined something, an additional neurological exam something, by the way, that he has absolutely refused to do. Now in multiple interviews. We can put this up on the screen some of the details here. So this is from Paul Campo's medical experts. Biden needs to be evaluated for Parkinson's, he says. Since then, I've spoken to several medical experts who believe the odds are high Biden is suffering from some form of Parkinsonism, the cluster of degenerative neurological conditions of which Parkinson's disease is the best known. None of these experts are, of course, reporting to make a formal diagnosis. What they're insisting on is that it's deeply irresponsible not to give Biden the sort of medical examination that'd be given to any ordinary eighty one year old who had the evident symptoms he is displaying. We can go on some of the details here. I mean, this'll ring true for anyone who watched the debate with Biden. According to these experts, Biden has been exhibiting various classic symptoms, including a slowed walk, slight lurching, a nurse show, and starting a step return. Flat face. That's where his face when he has that like mouth agape, expressionless thing, that's what they're talking about. There, a staring look with diminished blinking same and a low rasped voice, all occurring together. The pathologic elements seen fully aligning when doctor has treated many Parkinson's cases told me, let's put the next piece up on the screen. Kevin kelvin Chu, who holds a chair in neurology the University of Michigan Medical School, told me he has concerns about the neurologic condition of both major candidates and that for President Biden, I think Parkinson's disease would be the top concern given the clips I've seen. Based on chats with minrologists and movement disorder colleagues, they all agree as well. He added, So again, it's not like this concern of Parkinson's is just random. So when you take the symptoms plus the visits plus the White House is totally preposterous, stonewalling and pretending like there's some security concern that keeps you from even mentioning this person's name. Yeah, you know, if this was Donald Trump's White House, you know what conclusion would be immediately drawn. Yes, you know what Democrats would be saying about this. So for them to pretend like, oh, there's nothing to see here and how dare you and I take offense that you're even asking these questions is so incredibly disgusting to me. Now I mentioned that letter, we could put that up on the screen. This is from the president's personal physician, who I also want to mention. You'll recall under the Trump White House he had Ronnie Jackson was his doctor, right, who again was this personal friend? Not very credible. Guess what. Kevin O'Connor, the president's physician, is a personal friend of the president long time, also a business associate of his brother, So keep in mind he has a conflict of interest in any case. His claim in this letter, which you can read in full if you'd like, is effectively that the neurologist slash Parkinson's expert, who visited the White House many times, was there to treat As a general neurologist, he was there to treat other individuals who come to the White House Medical Clinic for care, and that he was the neurologist who examined President Biden for each of his annual physicals. So I guess, Sager, maybe that's what they didn't want to admit, that President Biden had seen a Parkinson's specialist. And he goes to great Lengthson's letter to say, listen, he's not just about this, he's a general neurologist. That's why he saw President Biden, et cetera. But this is the cleanup that they're attempting to do.
Speaker 3: This mo the cleanup.
Speaker 2: And by the way, this actually answers the question which is the real scandal. Yes, the neurological Parkinson's expert met with President Biden. Why did this particular expert come to the White House only twenty twenty three onward and not previously?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Something change in that period.
Speaker 2: Where even the okay, I'm not gonna say quack, mister Kevin O'Connor, who again is a close family friend and who at one time explored a deal with Jim Biden, the President's brother, Why should I believe a word that this man is saying? And look, I was there in the briefing room for the whole Ronnie Jackson thing. And to be honest, even Ronnie Jackson was more credible because he at least was the physician to Barack Obama. Okay, so we could say, all right, well, you know, we didn't know at the time that he was actually a secret Republican all along, and now he's a Republican member. All I'm saying is that at the time when I was there, you should have seen it.
Speaker 3: I will never forget.
Speaker 2: I came down into the basement afterwards where all the reporters are afterwards, and they're like, he's a lion, pos like blah blah blah, President's got heart disease. I don't trust a man word that this man is saying, where.
Speaker 3: Are you now? April Ryan. By the way, the lady who she pressed them yesterday z not in the same way that I.
Speaker 1: Remember, was not as aggressive as editor at that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's why drops to Ed O'Keefe, props to Kelly and the rest of them, at least in the front row.
Speaker 3: Zeke Miller as well.
Speaker 2: I've criticized many of these folks, but his very first question was, I want to talk about the White House's credibility here because you basically lied to us about that medical checkup. I think it's at this point where it's so undeniable. Even if you want to run cover for him, you can't. I mean, we are in a situation which is genuinely unprecedented. We're having somebody who is this old in the White House and so rapidly deteriorating, who is also seeking another four years. And this is why it's a terrifying question. Right now today, Crystal, just less than a mile from where you and I are speaking, the world's NATO leaders are gathered to continue fueling the war in Ukraine, where President Biden will be meeting with Zelenski Macrone, the new Prime Minister of the UK, to pump forty billion dollars more into this conflict and presumably come up with some game plan about how we're going to keep this thing going on forever. Do you trust a man like that today to be in that meeting.
Speaker 3: Five years from now? What are we going to be doing five years from now?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: What is the world going to look like? This is an urgent national security crisis.
Speaker 3: Now as opposed.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's terrifying. And you know, I think that domestic policy basically has handed off to his advisors, like I think the you know, puppet master theory when it's you know when back when it was run Klaye, Now it's Jeffreys Signs whatever. Like, I think they're running the show there. Unfortunately, I think Biden is still running the show on for it. It's only that he talks about, you know, when he gets asked about his case for reelect. It's just like NATO, NATO. NATO is the only thing that he can think about or talk about. And he may mention that he's purportedly trying weekly and meekly and pathetically to get a ceasefire in Gaza. His foreign policy instincts are stuck in a approximately nineteen seventy five Cold War era. He's so weak and feckless. Now it's all very clear why BB NANYAHUO has felt free to do whatever the hell he wants to do, because what this guy is going to stand up to me? Please? Please? There was another aspect of this that I'm just so sad for the country right now and what we become. And I'm not just talking about our leaders because some I mean you've got the Maga cults right. We've talked plenty about that. This cultish behavior on the democratics democrats part at the base level is utterly pathetic. So anyone's reaction to that press briefing should be like, good, they're finally pressuring them, thank god. And this lady just got caught in a brazen lie. You know, I thought this was supposed to be different from the Trump White House. It's not. It's not okay. They should be given no benefit of the doubt. They are just as brazen liars as anyone who stood at the podium for Donald Trump was. So let's be clear what Choby Bush?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Correct, I mean, let's see it.
Speaker 1: That's the thing you signed up for that job. You are signed up to be a paid liar in propagandas to spare me or I'm so offended, get out of here with that. But the reaction to this that I saw so much, at least online, was how dare ed ok he owes her an apology? Oh and this morning when he posts yesterday or whatever it was that he posted the letter that the White House put, where's your apology? Now? Isn't it clear that she was in the right and you were in the wrong. Are you kidding? Like what country? Do you just want this to be a total authoritarian nation where no one questions our dear leader. How pathetic is that? How pathetic is that? It's so sad. And you saw it too, in terms of like the way that they just completely crushed any sort of democratic primary process. They just went along with that. There were plenty who were like, yeah, good, that should be that way. We shouldn't have any democracy, all in the service of defeating Donald Trump. And now that it's clear they're going to lose to Donald Trump, they're still like, yeah, but we have to fall in line because of loyalty or something. We'll be Goldberg in that sentiment as well. It's so disgusting and pathetic to me, it's just sad.
Speaker 3: It's just sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, all I know is that a Parkinson's expert is meeting and examining the president of the United States that his close family friend is his doctor. And I said this on our show yesterday. These people are not stupid. You think they're gonna write down, yeah, he's got Parkinson's. They know they know that would like Foia, never write it down. Oh, that would never happen before, right, Yeah, it's almost it would never happen that a president is getting injected with literal methamphetamine into his back, and that we happened to just.
Speaker 3: Doctor the records. That's never happened before in history.
Speaker 2: Right, It's just like, come on, this is a tried and true practice. You put cronies in a position. As long as you cover up the records, you can basically do whatever we want.
Speaker 3: We didn't even find.
Speaker 2: Out that Obama was cracked out on medafinil until like ten years later, which I don't judge. That's fine, you know, be my guest whenever you're traveling and you need a little bit of a boost. But my point is just that it took a decade, you know, to even figure out what the prescription pattern under the Obama administration was.
Speaker 3: Look, I hate to say it.
Speaker 2: I hope he's still alive, but he could be long dead by the time we even know, you know, whatever actually was going on behind the scenes, like with John F. Kennedy, like with many of the folks. Just look at his deterioration. And this is the world's most stressful job. So all I am saying is that it is very terrifying. The White House has been caught in a brazen line. The fact is is that even after this line of questioning, they eventually came out and then just confirmed the worst suspicion, which is, yeah, the Parkinson's expert did examine the President, and he's examined him multiple times now, and he's meeting with the president's personal physician, who himself is covering up or at least in a good position to cover up for the President if he wants to, and the scrutiny is only now starting to kick in. My only wish is that it had been many many years before.
Speaker 1: Just ask yourself what these Democrats did be saying if it was the same set of facts with Trump, if he was exhibiting the symptoms, if he was meeting and being tested by Parkinson's expert, if there was an attempt to completely stonewall any questions about that. And then it was the personal physician, slash Crony who releases the letter to try to explain away this damning set of facts. And yet as we're about to discuss with you, it looks like Democrats are staying the course. It really looks at this point, like he's just gonna hang in there and grind it down, as Dave Weigel said yesterday, and it probably will be kind of like an Access Hollywood moment where everybody shuts up, they pretend like they never said anything, they never had any concerns, and tries to move forward to doom in November is where we're headed.
Speaker 2: The explosion of just sentiment now of watching Biden basically evolve in a one week period into Donald Trump become.
Speaker 3: The very thing that he allegedly hates is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, while we were taping our show, Morning Joe decided to go a little bit later, you know, on the air, there's some questions apparently they're like, hey, why are they here in this hour. They're not usually here, you know, at this time. And it turns out that the President decided to phone in to his favorite Mooring show, just like Donald Trump did over the years whenever he would call into Fox and Friends.
Speaker 1: You literally called in the Morning Joe too, and you also called the makeupfty.
Speaker 2: Accurately talked about Mika Brazinski's facelift. But whatever Biden has called in, he is exhibiting the same behavior of basically just ranting and raving at the screen while Mika.
Speaker 3: And Joe try to massage what he's doing.
Speaker 2: But my personal favorite line is when Biden admits straight up that he is reading basically off of prepared notes while he is on live television.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 8: The American public is not going to move away from me as an average voter. And again, I'm here for two readers, pou one to rebuild the economy for hard work and middle class people. Give everybody a shot. It's a straight shot. Everybody gets a fair chance. Number one, number two. Number always talk about how I don't have the black support. Come on, give me a great come with me. Why why I'm getting so frustrated but by the elite. Now I'm not talking about you guys, but about the elite in the party who they know so much more. But then in these guys, I don't think I should run against me, announced the president challenge.
Speaker 9: Man the convention said, well, as long as I did the best I could do. That that's the most important thing. That's caused Democrats concern who believe that losing is not an option. What would you say to those who were concerned by that answer.
Speaker 8: It's not an option. And I'm not lost. I haven't lost. I beat him last time, I'll beat him this time. And this is the guy who, look we talk about debates, look at his performance at debates. He lied over you know Trump, I was fifty lies. I mean, look, this is a guy who says ten percent of the universe I want to get into better. He's just a liar. And he hadn't done a damn thing since the debate. He's been riding around the golf cart for ten days with down in mar Lago, talking with his wealthy friends. I'm not nobody said anything except me and the post out there and the local uh you know races.
Speaker 4: You know, he.
Speaker 8: Said I did nothing to stop Russia the invasion of Ukraine. In fact, he said, I think I encouraged Russia from going I encouraged I think he encouraged Russia going in. I mean, reading from the list of lives. First of all, he was made up quote suckers and losers. I was with he see Paul the Americans in the cemeteries of World War One, suckers and losers. And so this guy's going to have to start to answer for what he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so did everyone catch that little admission I'm reading here from a list of lies.
Speaker 3: AKA, he's got notes in front of him.
Speaker 2: By the way, Karine Jean Pierre confirmed that she's like, yes, the President had notes in front of him. It's also just because I've been in the room for something like that, I can literally see in my mind's eye what's happening. Biden is sitting there with a speaker phone. Right, he's surrounded by aids. We're pointing to little things on his notes, shuffling papers in front of him.
Speaker 3: That's what you need to do. What ten minute call.
Speaker 1: In too with the framing Joe as possible, dude, And it's also worth asking whether they got the questions and advance too.
Speaker 2: Christ There is a camera for MSNBC ten feet from the Oval office. He can walk right over there. I'm telling you, I've been there. I know right where it is. They'll set it up for you. They'll even come into the Oval and then boom, you're ready to go live on camera. If you really have so much confidence, then do it, you know, then do it. And this is why because even whenever he's reading from his list of notes, he sounds completely incoherent.
Speaker 1: Yea is shocking, That's the thing. And I just, I mean, I just have to laugh at this point because I feel like I'm taking crazy bills. Yes after this interview, the number of Democrats that were like, he sounded so strong, it's amazing. Creene Jean Pierre at the podium yesterday. It was a powerful performance, Like did you listen to the same interview. Okay, he sounded a little more lively than the debate because they got him in his good hour of the day. He's got aids sitting next to him, he's got a list that he's reading off of, and he's still wildly incoherent. This is as good as it gets. Guys, good luck, good luck. And we played to the clip yesterday of what he was like four years ago, when there were already questions about his age and ability. The decline has been astonishing, and it has shocked international leaders who were leaking to the Wall Street Journal. We're going to be back in town this week. We'll see what they have to say about him. You know, you have someone within the White House who leaked to the New York Times. They don't think he's up to the job. And aging is not a linear process, whether he has something like Parkinson's or not. We have seen the decline over four years, another four years, you can think of an exponential decline over occurring over that time period. It's just complete insanity to go forward with this man. But you have what he did in this interview. And he put on a letter too. I think we may have the letter we can put up on the screen. Yeah, put the next one up on the screen. House. So put on a letter to Congressional Democrats saying, despite all the speculation, the pres and else where, I'm firmly committed to staying this race, to running this race to the end into beating Donald Trump. As many people have said, I will not be the first one. He has done nothing to actually alleviate the deep concerns and terror of a majority, I think a large majority of the Democratic caucus, both in the House in the set. He's done nothing to alleviate those concerns. But he has been effective in making it clear to them that you know, he is not going to go out easily, and they have to actually come at him and mount some sort of an attempted coup to try to get him out of there, it's not going to happen. It's basically like a murder suicide pack. These are not courageous people. Sorry, I wish they were, but they're not. By and large, these are a bunch of cowards who really have been exposed as they certainly don't care all that much if Donald Trump gets reelected. Don't take a word they say seriously from here on out about democracies on the ballot, Project twenty twenty five or whatever. They clearly don't really care whether or not he gets re elected. They're more interested in maintaining their own careers, their own good standing in the party. And then a bunch of the would be presidential contenders they're like, okay, it works not better for me. If Biden and Kamala Harris get their asses kicked in November, then she's wiped clean off this late and I can make my run in twenty twenty eight. Gretchen Whitmer, Gavin Newsome, Rocanna, plenty of others out there who were eyeing twenty twenty eight and thinking, you know what, for me personally in my career, it works sound good if Joe Biden and Kamala Harris get their asses kicked this fall, and.
Speaker 2: They're probably right, that's a crazy thing on it for their good year devil, they're right, But for the country, well, you know, but they ostensibly serve I don't know, maybe you're just like Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Little bit of narcissism, right.
Speaker 1: And one of the thing I want to say about this, yea, is I think that their political calculus is dead wrong. I agree, because if slash, when Biden and Kamala do lose this fall in astonishing fashion, or even if let's say by some fluke, which I don't say is impossible, they get elected and we then have four years of watching this astonishing decline and Joe Biden potentially dying in office. Sorry, that's the point that we're at. You think this is going to reflect well on people who told the line for him during this time, No, it's not. You're going to look like the people who were pushing us into I Rock War. You're going to look like all of the people who got things dead wrong in history. That's what you're going to look like. And it's not going to be good for your career, regardless of whatever little clever calculations you think that you're doing right now in the moment the people at the courage to come out and say this is insane, this is done accepted people like Dean Phillips I disagree with on a lot that he was dead right on this one. Those are the people who are going to look good. They're going to be the ones who have their careers bolstered if that's the thing you care about, and you are going to be embarrassed and humiliated and hopefully drummed down a public life. Yes, for standing by this man and subjecting the country to this, I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad you set that up because my prediction is that Dean Phillips's run, while quixotic at the time, will go down like Barack Obama's two thousand and two Iraq War speech. Nobody in two thousand and two gave a shit what Barack Obama had to say. In fact, there was only one camera that recorded that speech about Barack Obama.
Speaker 3: But when two thousand and eight rolled around, what happened?
Speaker 2: Crystal, you were there, You remember that was the reason he became the nominees because he used it against Hillary and against the failed candidacy of John Kimmerbilick.
Speaker 3: See this whole flip flop policy and all that stuff in the past.
Speaker 2: It served us badly. I was there from the very beginning. I can tell you that that was the number one reason that he beat Hillary Clinton in that primary. I believe, and I'll put the marker out here. I think Dean is going to be the front runner in twenty twenty eight that reason.
Speaker 3: I think it was a smart play. It will go. Look also, he's filthy rich.
Speaker 2: It's never hurt before, right, So you can run those ads as much as you want. Luckily for him, it happened in the Internet age. He's got plenty of things that are out there that he can point to. Julian Castro, he could try as well.
Speaker 3: Be like Steve I.
Speaker 1: Tried to tell you he was the canary and the gold line.
Speaker 3: And the thing is Democrats want to win, they know.
Speaker 2: And so when Biden and the rest of the elites who stayed silent or who were complicit, Bernie Sanders, AOC, Johann Omar, all of these people have now come out and publicly back to Biden. Why should anyone take you seriously? Gavin s Wretchen, Yeah, bro, I mean all of these folks. So, like you said, the time for courage is now, because otherwise, if you really want to set yourself up, then I think it's a big mistake. So Dean, I'm on the Dean twenty twenty eight train. I'm not saying I like or with him or whatever. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Listen what he'll do.
Speaker 1: He took a stance that was genuinely courageous.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he was.
Speaker 1: Remember how they were leaving all that and they were kicked. They were leaking all that nasty stuff about him to Axios, remember that report. He took a real short term hit because he truly there's no other explanation for it. Then he truly believed. He was like, this man is too old and he's declined, is too advanced. This is not going to work out well. Put himself out there. He took it political hit, and he deserves a lot of credit for that, even though I also, I mean, you guys know, I've debated him. I disagree with him and a lot of things, especially Israel, but he deserves credit for that courage. Today I mentioned this at the top. It is a pivotal day. You have the House and the Senate back in town. They've been away. They're all back now. Both the House and the Senate Democratic caucuses are meeting today, and uh so we'll see if the damn holds or the damn breaks. I have to tell you where we stand this morning. It looks very much like the dam was holding. President Biden met with the Congressional Black Caucus. I mean, that's the other thing I'm only picked up on this yesterday is they've tried to really racialize this and make it like, oh, well, black people want President Biden, and it's just these white elites that want him gone, which, let's just be clear, majority of black voters even before the debate, thought that he was too old to serve. So don't buy that nonsense. Definitely don't buy the Legoh, it's just the elites that want him out. There are some elites that want him out. We had one of them on the show yesterday, Abigail Disney. But the truth of the matter is, which ironically f Jake Tapper pointed out yesterday, the elites are finally catching up to where the voting public has long been. Even before the debate, you had some seventy percent of Americans who said this man was too old to serve. So you finally have the elites forced to admit what has been obvious to most of the country all the way along. But I digress to go back to the original point. You know, I think Democrats have become too scared to mount any sort of real opposition him. It looks really like you had a bunch of people come on yesterday're like, oh, I have concerns, he's got to prove himself, but not taking a firm position. You add many more like AOC like ilhan Omer and others who came out and said I'm with him. He's the guy. We're sticking by him. Hakeem Jeffries. This was also very important, saying I've always been with Joe, I'm still with Joe, and so I think he's probably managed to get through this moment. We'll see how his big boy press conference goes. Is they were discussing it, Yes, they're both. John Kirby and Koreeen jump here called his press conference Thursday a quote big boy press conference, which is so humiliated. I don't even know what to say about it. But there I do think that there is an access Hollywood parallel here, which is sager. I wonder what you make of this. The assumption has been that now that the press corps and Democrats have said these things, they can't be unsaid that now every interaction is going to be put under a micro scope. You could have another bad performance for Biden where there's another round of freakouts and defecting, et cetera. I'm not sure that that's the case, because I think it's more like after Trump survived Access Hollywood, then people on the Republican side kept their mouths shut more.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: They realize, all right, well he got through it last time, so I guess he's going to get through it again, and they just fell in line. I think, at least for Democrats and probably for the media as well, that's more likely. The direction we go in is that they the further away from the debate we get, the more they forget how bad it was, the more they pretend they never said the things that they said, and they just pushed forward with the plan, because.
Speaker 2: Look, it's a gamble, the gambling. Ever, by the way, the Access Hollywood won, I'll I'm not going to defend it, but I'll just say the Republican elites at that time they thought they were going down to a historic loss. So what do you do. You try and preempt it, and you call it I ended up being the bad gamble, and it was definitely wrong in terms of their own political futures. That said, if you were right and Trump did go down to historic loss, they would all look like geniuses, wouldn't they, and they would use that as ammunition. Now the lesson, I think for a lot the thing is too is And this is where I wonder what you think. I don't think the Democratic elites are playing that calculus.
Speaker 3: I think they're just cowards.
Speaker 2: Mark Warner was like, he's organizing a meeting behind the scenes, and then Biden is like, oh, he's a good man. It leaks, he cancels the meeting. You're just a coward, dude. That's not calculus. You're just scared. Jakeem jeffries behind the scenes, organizing calls, blah blah blah. Last night he comes out and he says, I support the president. Even Chuck Schumer. He comes out and yesterday and he goes, I support you, I'm backing Joe, Yeah, something like that. These are not full throated endorsements. It's just the act of cowardice, of the path dependence and the recognition that, look, we don't have a choice because Biden is gonna not gonna drop out.
Speaker 3: He's basically staying in.
Speaker 2: By the way, can we put a seven please up on the screen, because this just shows you too how full of it Joe Biden is on that call. When he or on the MSNBC interview, he blasted democratic elites. The very next thing he did is he called a bunch of donors and took questions.
Speaker 3: So keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden has now taken more questions from donors and people donating big money than the US Press Corps and who have had to wait. Now what, So Thursday will be the first time that we finally get to ask questions of the president in a public setting, allegedly solo. By the way, stay tuned for this. I believe it will be straight up rigged. And what I mean by that is that, as I understand it, the credentials have already been issued for the press conference very early. That usually doesn't happen. You usually do credentials like a day or two before something like that. From the inside, just what I can offer. That also means that the White House can restrict any yahoos like yours, truly from being able to sign up if they don't want to, and then they can pre screen and talk to every single person who's going to ask a question and say Okay, you're up. President Biden will then have a list of those people, people like CBS News, at O'Keefe, AP Reuters.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give them that.
Speaker 2: I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hope and assume that those people, because the moment is so extraordinary, they're going to override their previous biases and they're going to ask him tough questions. But the idea of the free flowing presser, the way that Trump was, where genuinely anybody who had their hands up might have gotten called on, that's over and I think that Biden it's going to be very tightly controlled.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is is that you know how long is it going to be? President Eisenhower used to do two hour press conferences routinely. I mean thirty minutes, forty five minutes. Do you know Biden he can filibuster. Let's say you take four questions and you take ten minutes to answer every single one. That's a big boy press conference, right, So there's many different ways that we can rig this thing, you know. And I've seen it all happen before. I saw the Trump people try and do it. But under Biden, I'm watching this very closely and I'm keeping my ear to the ground about what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's a reason why the Big Boy Press conference isn't happening till Thursday. Yeah, right, tick tick tick. And the meanwhile, they've you know, kind of outflanked some of the detractors. They got the Congressional Black Caucus fully behind them, They've got Jim Kleiburn, and they've gotvered standers, and they've got AOC, and they've really they've really made a push to scare people, not to convince them that Biden is up to the task, no one really believes that, but to scare them with regards to their own careers of what the consequences would be for coming out. I think it's by and large working. I mean, you still have, like I said, you still have people coming out. You had a Congressman Adam Smith go public yesterday saying that he doesn't think Biden's the right person. You had you had Sharon Brown in Ohio expressing a lot of concerns, and Cloba Shark expressing a lot of concerns, but not going so far as to say that he needs to step aside. But I do think that their plan is basically working. And so by the time you get to Thursday of this week, you will have had even more Democrats close ranks. And so even if it is a catastrophe, which even with it pre screen rigged whatever God knows, that could still be a total complete catastrophe, it may be too late at that.
Speaker 2: Here's another easy way to rig it, because the press conference is on the heels of the NATO summit, which is happening here in Washington. So what do you do. You come up there, Let's say you make a big announcement on Ukraine. Well, now you're kind of an idiot if you don't also ask about what's going on with Ukraine. Right, So now we take some of our press conference and we just let the policy override. Let's say fifteen out of the one hour. Well, now we just took one fourth of the entire time. And here's another trick that I've seen them play before. It's called the two and two. So what he'll do is maybe he's calling it solo. We'll see, maybe he pulls in Emmanuel Macron. Now, oh, the French reporters get to ask some questions. You think the French care about what's going on with Joe Biden. They're gonna ask Macron about whatever is going on in the parliament. And so Biden sits there and then the last Biden some stupid question which the foreign press usually does, be like do you still support France? And He's like, yes, France is our easy Now I got another question box that's checked. So there's all these different ways that were watching for and the more that you delay. Now you've got Hakim on the record, you got Chuck Schumer on the record. Imagine if he had gone on the record the day after that debate and it was a disaster, Well, then Hakeem Jeffreys and Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 3: Are in a much more untenable position.
Speaker 2: So I think he's going to write it out and I mean, this is just craziness, it's just straight it's absolute insanity.
Speaker 3: What's happening. I still cannot believe he's actually running for another term. It's just shocking.
Speaker 1: It is utter madness, and we are all here to witness it.
Speaker 2: At the same time, as we take a little bit more of a look at the media, we wonder why is Biden clinging to power? Who out there could credibly continue to support him? Well, Whoopy Goldberg, some of the other women at the view are showing just how much that mindset still pervades quite a bit of the elite commentariat. Here's Whoopy saying she would still support Biden even if he pooped his own pants.
Speaker 3: Let's take a lesson.
Speaker 7: I don't care if he's pooped his pants. I don't care if he can't put a sentence together. Show me he can't do the job, and then I'll say, Okay, maybe it's time to go now. He had a bad night the first time that he went out and debated with Kamila Harris, and everybody wanted him to quit that and say you can't talk to women like this, or you're doing this wrong, you're doing that wrong. He came back said, you know what, I got it and gave four years. So, yeah, I have poopy days all the time. I step in so much pool you can't even imagine. Now, I'm not running the world, but I don't know anybody who doesn't step in stuff at some point. So I'm just simply saying, there are two debates, and if he can't do what he needs to do for the second debate, I'll join any crew that says get rid of him, but loyalty to me. If you are doing the job. I might not like everything you're doing. I don't like it all, but I'm gonna stand behind you. Let those guys stand behind the guy who should have been the person people were talking about saying, yeah, Biden had a bad day, but this guy couldn't tell the truth if it's split his lip.
Speaker 10: Joe Biden is the first one that says I'm slower. I don't debate as well as I do I did, I'm eighty one years old. It seems worse than that, okay, But he's the first one to say he's not the same. Just look at my record of a.
Speaker 5: Polomst litigate the case against Trump the way that we saw the vice president.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: That is the difference.
Speaker 5: And there's a reason Donald Trump is actually not out there shouting about the debate.
Speaker 1: He knows that Joe Biden will lose to him. He is afraid Advice President Harrett.
Speaker 7: Here's the actual also real truth. You know, it doesn't matter what we say should be happening. It's going to come down to one or the other.
Speaker 3: Right, various student analysis.
Speaker 2: There At the end, Anna Navarro saying, well, he's the first to say that he doesn't do well. But look, that is the perfect example of the whole like Biden, like the same ladies who are accusing people of being in a cult. That's what being in a cult looks like. I believe in loyalty. I would vote for him. I don't care if he pooped his pants. You also shouted this out. They're like, I'll look for the next debate. The next debate in September. It's after the DNC.
Speaker 3: There's nothing you can do at that time.
Speaker 1: It's it's before the election. Body knows, yeah, of course she knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, run off the clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She actually even directly makes the comparison. She says, I need to have loyalty the way that the other side has loyalty to Trump. She actually directly says that if you listen to what she's talking about, like the other guy they should have should have been talking about, we need to have that same kind of loyalty. It's like, Okay, that where that's where you are, and listen. I don't share this analysis, but I can respect someone who says, listen, if it is Trump and Biden, I think Biden is the lesser of evil of the two. I support more the direction of the demoocratic Party. I'm voting for the entire administration, and these are terrible choices, but I got to do what I gotta do. Okay, I think that's a reasonable argument to make. But to pretend like, first of all, there's no other options available right now, to pretend like your priority is beating Donald Trump, but you're sticking with Joe Biden, To pretend like you don't have any credible doubts right now that he can't do the job today, as WHOOPI Goldberg says, and to set the bar at even if he poops his pants. I don't care, Like it's just an incredible commentary of where we are as a nation right now, what a sad, declining, dying empire, that the standard we have for our presidents is like, you could even poop your pants and I don't care. This is still what we're going to do or we're going to fall in line. We're gonna have loyalty, because that's what matters, loyalty to this man who thinks he's some like God king over commit to what might be best for the country according to your values. I don't know, it's just it's just sad, okay, Alissa Fair actually that's her name, right, He's aware actually speaking some truth there too about how Trump has been pretty quiet because he doesn't want Biden to drop out of the raten This is working out perfect for him, for him to be hobbled and pathetic and unable to even barely hobble around the country to campaign, but still hanging in there strong based on his ego and his crackhead son. This is perfect for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, if we continued, you know, down this road, this idea of loyalty and all of that, it's for what reason Biden is in a worse position for a Democrat since two thousand.
Speaker 3: George W. Bush is the last person beating Democrats this badly in the polls. And that's not me.
Speaker 2: That's CNN's Harry Enton, who fact checks Biden's interview and statements where he's like, actually, I'm in a better pasoling position than ever before. Don't believe the polls, my internals show something different.
Speaker 5: Take a listen right now, Donald Trump believe it's in an act of national polls by about three percentage points. If you go back four years ago, at this point, Joe Biden was ahead by nine points. This right now don't look anything like what we saw four years ago. At this point, I then decided to take it a step further. What was Biden's worst twenty twenty polling position. He was ahead by four points, which basically matched what he ended up beating Donald Trump by in the national popular vote. So this three point advantage for Donald Trump is Donald Trump's best position versus Joe Biden, whether you include the polls this year or you include the polls last cycle. The idea that the polls underestimated Joe Biden last time around, simply put, does not hold any water. Mister Burnam, who outperformed their July national polls. This is major elections during the Trump era. We can start in the midterms right. Take a look here. This is a twenty twenty two midterm. This is a generic congressional ballot. In fact, Republicans were underestimated by a point. They outperformed their July polls and the actual result by a percent points. You go back to twenty eighteen, Democrats did outperform their polls, but just by point. Basically, the polls were right on at this particular point in the midterm elections. We talk about the presidential race last time around, Donald Trump actually did better in the results than his July polls by five points. You go back to twenty sixteen, you see something very similar. That is, the July polls actually underestimated Donald Trump. He outperformed his July polls. So the idea in the Trump era that the polls have underestimated Democrats, whether it be in a Joe Biden matchup, whether it be a matchup against Hillary Clinton, whether it be in the mid trumps, at least in the national polling that right now shows Donald Trump in his strongest position, simply put, is not true. If anything, the polls have underestimated Republicans during the Trump era, especially in the presidential races in twenty sixteen and in twenty trump on.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's just take that very clearly, you know, and this crystal, this is what the rational look. There are a few what let's say, like five maybe six House Democrats who've actually come out and call for him to step down. What I find amazing is it's not not ilhan Omar, aoc Rokana, any squad people who have legitimate policy beefs. It's like normy Democrats from like Minnesota or Washington, and.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, they're like, I just want to win.
Speaker 2: I like Biden, but I don't think he's very He's well poised to win. Why are they more rational and courageous frankly being able to look at this political.
Speaker 3: Case than illan Omar, Like what is happening here?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, here's my best attempt at explain it. Number One, if you're a centrist, you have less fear of being like excised from the party because there isn't this like ideological war on you. So there is that, But they still deserve credit, you know, the anti Craigs of the world, Adams Becif. But they still deserve credit for coming out because it still does obviously take some courage to do, especially at this stage. I think there's some like forty chess thought going on with the Bernie's and the aocs and whatever of like, well, we don't want to be the ones because they really hate us and distrust us. We don't want to make this ideological. And I also think that there's a careerist move of like, well, you know, if he does drop out, it's not like we're going to get a candidate that is ideologically aligned with us. We're gonna ge Kamala Harris, who we also you know, don't really care for. So maybe it's better we just let Trump win and then, you know, try to get behind a more lefty candidate in twenty twenty eight. But I think it's sad. I think it's pathetic. I think it lacks total courage and integrity. And here's the other thing. It's like you don't have to say anything right to come out affirmatively like AOC did, like ilhan Omar did. Bernie Sanders has been Joe Biden's like biggest defender. I think with him it also comes down he's always personally liked Joe. He's got this soft spot for him. He couldn't attack him in the primary in twenty twenty, so I think that's part of it for him, Like Joe was nice to him back in his early days in the Senate or whatever that I don't know, but it's pathetic. It's utterly pathetic that these are the people are supposed to be, you know, the opposition, the adversarial faction within the Democratic Party, and they turn out to be the greatest boot liquors. Amazing and amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look at the rhetoric of Adam Smith. Adam this is a normal guy. He's from Washington, he's been Congress for a long time. He's a high ranking Democrat. It's a freaking Financial Services Committee. People in DC know who the hell he is. Listen to the way he articulates the case against Biden. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I think he should step aside. I think it's become clear that he's not the best person to carry the Democratic message. And here's the thing. We have an incredibly strong message and record to run on, and all, you know, respect to the president, he's done a great job. The President has shown he is not capable of delivering that message. Is it an effective way?
Speaker 5: Just because I shouldn't say, just because that ninety minute debate was a lot, but is this based entirely on that event?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, what there was concerns leading up to it in the terms of the president's ability to deliver a message, and it hasn't gotten better since the debate.
Speaker 2: That's it, super basic, right, Yeah, we respect you. You know, it's like what abagail do?
Speaker 3: Isn't he?
Speaker 2: We thank you for all the work you've done. We're moving on. You can't do the job. Yeah, this is basic stuff. And you know, I don't even think he's articulated it in a particularly offensive way. He's not like, oh, we can't even walk or any of the stuff. He's like, look, you can't do it. He showed us that there were some concerns. We have a good record. Let's go in a different direction. Yeah, why is it so hard?
Speaker 1: I am kind of sick of all the whole Biden is so amazing. It's yeah, it's so incredible. It's like, why don't you ask the people in Gazo we're about to talk about there could be as many as two hundred thousand people who have been killed there, like ten percent of the population. How nice of a guy Joe Biden is. But put that aside for a moment. The people who are coming out, I think you have to conclude our people who number one are potentially more politically savvy and see where the ball is ultimately going to bounce. And like I was saying before, how it's not going to reflect well on anyone that you know who stood up for Biden in this moment and who tried to cover for him in this moment, tried to deny reality that was in front of all of our faces. It's not going to work out well for them. So that's number one. But number two, I think the there are probably people who really believe the rhetoric about democracies on the ballot and this could be the last election and it's all on the line and Project twenty twenty five, and like we have to put everything aside and really marshal our resources and put forward our best case to try to defeat that man. If you if you really believe that, you would be behaving the way Congressman Smith and Angie Craig, and I think Quigley was another of these, you know other congress people who have come out and said, like he has to step aside. If you really believe that, it's very clear that that's the posture that you would take. So for these other people who are running cover for him, like don't don't come to me, in the future, pretending like this is an existential election. You clearly don't believe that. You don't believe that, so you know, I don't want to hear it in the future about what a danger Trump is or what a fascist he is, what a threat to the republic, because you do not believe that you have been exposed in this moment as utterly full of shit when it comes to any credibility on the question of what a threat Donald Trump is.
Speaker 3: Absolutely