Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Laura la Rosa and this is the latest with Laura l Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I got a bunch of a bunch of stuff for you guys today. I am excited to get to because it's some of my favorite things. We're gonna get into the Real Housewives of Atlanta drop a bomb. Not so favorite thing, but two of my you know, artists that I actually love to listen to, Nicki Minaj and Sizza. We're definitely gonna get into that as well, because, let me tell y'all, we talk about conversations that shake the room. Baby. Nicki Minaj has been trying to have a conversation for about a month or so now just about the wrongs that she alleged are being done to her in this industry. This is not a conversation that we are unfamiliar with. When it comes to Nicki Minaj. She is always very you know, vocal and quick to let us know what is happening.
Speaker 2: According to her, allegedly, even.
Speaker 1: If we don't know what's happening, right, so let's talk a bit about that. So there was a long, long feud yesterday on X and when I say feud, that normally means two people going back and forth.
Speaker 2: The feud didn't last.
Speaker 1: Long because Sissa got in and got out. Nicki Minaj continued through the end of the night. She ended her night on Station Head going in on Sissa because Nicki Minaj felt like TD Sissy's manager Punch of Tde who was president over at TD. TD is the label out of the West Coast that has or had Kendrick Lamar, and you know they got Sizza and you know they are the West Coast at this at this point in time.
Speaker 2: They have been for some time.
Speaker 1: Nicki Minaj felt as though he was trying to be funny. He tweeted Broken Barbies, which is a song by an artist named I Am Luck that they are currently working with, and then tweeted the video to the song. But Nicki Mina took it as how coincidental that you were here tweeting that and I'm here on Twitter talking about all the things that I'm talking about and have been for the last like two weeks. So she started coming for him, alleging that, you know, because of her not wanting to work with him, that had been retaliation on his part, and also alleging, you know that this is what this is what happens when women get out in the field, You're going to get bloody, no pun intended. When women get out in the field, there's always issues, especially when it comes to the men in the industry. Now, Sizza, my baby girl, homegirl called astray. If I'm being honest, Sizza got back on X right sitting in in you know, let me go double check the sounline because some fans pointed out, like, oh, it's very convenient the time that Sissa decided to get back on X and have the and tweet this. So Sizza her last tweet was June twenty ninth, twenty twenty five, right, and then yesterday and we are almost a month out, we are July sixteenth, twenty twenty five. Sissy gets on X and she tweets mercury retrograde. Don't take that bait. Leaf out loud, silly goose. Now, we talked about this on the Breakfast Club a bit, but just wanted to give you guys a little bit more context here because we have the time, and I really want to know, you know, here is not more per se me telling you what happening, though I'm giving you some background. I want to have the conversation here of the way that Nicki Minaj is viewed at this point. Is it's helpful or is this hurtful? Does it get her to her end goal or does it just make people turn off the noise?
Speaker 2: Literally?
Speaker 1: So Sissy tweeted that and then Nicki Minaj begin to go off talking about Siss bbl, talking about you know, Sisa not being able to sing all of these things. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: Listen, Misa, okay, find you somebody to mother fucking play with Mezza Ley Mizsa rob I said, find you some of the el's boxed to play with.
Speaker 2: Bitch.
Speaker 3: You already played with your own home and we've seen how that went. And you know, I don't the you know, surgery shame or bout it shame. You know, I don't even do that. But I don't know if you've hat Obe's chubby, oh skinny, uh gotta.
Speaker 1: Get now once since went down, like since I did spar a bit. She responded back to a fan and she said, you know, I get bullied by millions online every day. Then I stepped my ass out on a packed stadium tour. She's currently on the GNX tour with Kendrick Lamar, which we know because I've talked about it here.
Speaker 2: Is doing very well.
Speaker 1: Right now where people show me real and she capitalized real love and she capitalized in real life. My parents are healthy and I'm the most successful I have ever been capitalized. Get some FM perspective and bark at the wall. That's what she responded to this fan in Nicki min I. This is a fan who was responding to her in response to Nicki Minaje. The fan had said, you really don't want to start this girl. If you was crying before, you're gonna really be crying now. The barber's gonna get at you.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Them Barb's ain't then to play with. But Sissy, you know what I mean, She's speaking for her own self. So then another barb tweeted Sissy and said, girl, you want a joint tour do that solo? I want to see some and Sissa responded and said, what the f you want to see? Let me know, and she posted tour numbers. So she posted tour numbers from her SOS tour and what she posted was from an outlet called the pop Tings and it says Sissy's Soos tour has grossed one hundred million dollars. Sissa joins Tina Turner, Beyonce, and Rihanna as the only black woman to achieve the milestone with a tour. She said, listen, I'm leting you know something right here. Don't play with me. Then she tweeted, laughed my ass off. Let me go back to being calm, shy and meek baby. That people took this and ran with it because she said the word meek and meek is like I want to go back to being her like, you know, nimble out of the way. But they of course thought that she was referencing Meek Mill because mcmill you said, date NICKI minaj.
Speaker 2: Lordie.
Speaker 1: She says, y'all have a blessed night, see you tomorrow night for Paris Night number two. Then Sissy started tweeting some of her numbers just from her, like you know so Os, you know plaques and uh just recognition tweets that were coming her way. She started responding to some of those, and Nicki Minaj went off again talking about why Sissa is not an icon. Basically told says, listen, you can come in the room, but you can't sit with me.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen, mister, You're not an icon.
Speaker 3: You are a yodling fools who needs auto tune?
Speaker 2: Who done this? Every female entertainer?
Speaker 3: It seems based off of you know, the screenshots, the yodling somewhere else. What the and you don't try to try to break that man back on something. I think allegedly, how the did you match the dots every time you put back on the fregles?
Speaker 2: Is what we get?
Speaker 3: The people want to mother No.
Speaker 1: I love both the girls. I am a big sister fan. I am a huge fan of Nicki Minaj's pen. I do not agree with how Nicki Minaj goes about things majority of the time, like ninety percent of the time, but I am a fan of Nicki Minaj's music. I don't think that there's anybody that can argue musically that Nicki Minaj is a miss because she's not. But I think where Nicki Minaj misses and this is me bringing in my opinion here.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't even think let me back that up. I wouldn't even call it a miss.
Speaker 1: I think where people disconnect from Nicki Minaj is in moments like this.
Speaker 2: Because I don't fully know what happened, right.
Speaker 1: I also mentioned on the Breakfast Club this morning that I spoke to the president of tde Punch, who is the manager of Sizzl, who says, look, she reached out back, you know a few years ago for a future a feature. She wanted Scissity to get on a feature for her upcoming project. I told her I would get it to her. It ended there. There was no beef, there was no nothing after that. I don't know what Nicki Minaj just sid it is. She says that she has a side and that she got the receipts of it. I don't know where her side is, but I will say that without having full context from both sides, and even with full context from both sides, because Siss's side is saying, Yo, this is random. We weren't even talking about you. Nobody was worried about you. What are you talking about? Nicki Minaj is like, oh, y'all. I think that's just a coincidence that Broken Barbius is being tweeted. Mind y'all, this is not a This is not an artist that Punch hasn't already been talking about. And you know what I mean. But yeah, so he's like, look, I have no idea. I was lost because I kept saying, I'm like, yo, the world is lost. Can you please provide some color, some context here. He's like, that's all I got for you. I'm lost as well too. People disconnect Nicki Minaj because this always comes off, as you know, there's this narrative around nickumanage that she just cannot get along with the other rap girls, the other girls in her industry, right, And.
Speaker 2: I think people like to lean into that.
Speaker 1: And I think when you have a situation like this where Nicki Minaj is alleging one thing, the other side is alleging another thing. Until we see everything laid out on the table, it's hard to make an opinion or a narrative, but people run to do it. The people who feel like Nicki Minaj just be doing too much are quick to run and be like, yo, you have a problem with everybody. Relax, like you're always doing too much. That girl was not tweeting about you. The people who back Nicki Minaj say, uh, she hadn't tweeted since like June.
Speaker 2: Something that's not a coincidence.
Speaker 1: Let's not play crazy here because the broken Barbie's tweet had went up from her manager and then here she comes talking about retrograde and not to take the bait because Nicki Minaj is now talking about punch on her timeline after his Broken Barbie's tweet.
Speaker 2: For me, I just really.
Speaker 1: I try and think about, you know, being a woman in a situation where you feel like you're not being hurt, and what that looks like on a surface level. On a surface level, it can be, it can look nasty, it can give all the things that the people be saying, Yo, Nikki crazy, she do too much. She embarrassing herself, Especially because if I'm being honest with you, I felt like in the Nicki Minaj Cardi b situation, and I've said this publicly before, I felt like Nicki minajen embarrassed herself. I felt like Nicki Minaj the icon that she is and rightfully self for her to claim that was upset that someone didn't want to bow and kiss the ring when she's publicly talked about being put in that position herself and how it didn't make her feel good. But I also try to look at it like, if that was done to you, you're more likely to repeat it to somebody else. That situation isn't the same here with Sizza, because her issue right now on the timeline is that she thinks Hiss of being funny with these indirect tweets, But it always leans back into that narrative of Nicki Minaj is problematic, and I don't necessarily like to throw that on anybody, especially not a woman, because I understand like Nicki Minaj tried to get to this deeper conversation of it. You know, she talked about when you're a woman, you get out in the field, these things happen. When you speak up for yourself, these things happen.
Speaker 2: But it's just hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard to not at least hear narrative that is out there because this continues to happen over and over and over and over again. There has been instances like I mentioned with the Cardi b situation, where you know, with me reporting on the story and knowing some of the inner workings and just honestly, even if not, even if I didn't, just watching as a fan, not reaching out, not getting digging deeper and not doing any of that, just watching as a person who is a fan of the music. At that time, when Nicki Minaj and Cardi had their feud, it very much gave Nikki, do you not know who you are? Why is there an issue here? There's no issue? So why is there an issue? Is what it gave? Right, So that always comes back around. I want to know what y'all think though, Like, honestly, if you remove because I think people are so divisive and like you know, when it comes to Nicki Minaja, you're either a barb so you're hard on one side of like everything Niki does is right, or you're completely against her, where you're like, yo, this lady is crazy. Why is she always doing this stuff? She's always a common denominator. I want you all to meet me in the middle right now, and let's have a conversation about.
Speaker 2: If we removed all of the things, all.
Speaker 1: Of the past beef, all of the whatever, is there a conversation to be had with Nicki Minaj about And I'm not alleging that any of the wrongs that she is saying happened to her, like retaliation or any of those things happened.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that happened.
Speaker 1: I know what I was told from the person she's alleging did it, and he said that never happened.
Speaker 2: And I know what Nicki Minaj is a leging happened.
Speaker 1: She's saying she was retaliated against because she didn't want to work with the TDE team.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is true or not true.
Speaker 1: I only can go by what people are saying for themselves, right and present both sides of that, which I just did. But when it comes to women trying to have the conversation about feeling as if every time they get out there for themselves, they're back and back into a corner, what can Nicki Minaj do to better have this conversation, because that's a common denominator honestly, Like, yeah, these all these issues and she fallen out with all these people and like whatever, But at the end of the day, it always comes back to her feeling like I'm fighting for myself and y'all don't want to listen because I'm a woman.
Speaker 2: Then the conversation be so missed. You can't even hear. You don't want to because of all the other drama. So tweet me be.
Speaker 1: Outside, we outside, we outside, outside of tweet. I'm Laura the Rosa everywhere. L O r E N l O r O say I'm on Instagram as well. I I want to know are there things that Nicki Minaj could do to better have this conversation? I think for me, if we're taking it, you know, I mean taking it to the streets and the tweets, what can be done to better have this conversation away where maybe we cant understand where Nikki coming from.
Speaker 2: I think for me, I just would need to see more in it. Look be mad at me for saying this or not.
Speaker 1: I need to see the receipts because other than that, everything is just claims and that's a lot to throw on a person, like Hey, because.
Speaker 2: I'm a woman, you did this and you did that. I want to like, I want to see the receipts.
Speaker 1: And then once we see the receipts and we know that this is happening, then we can kind of backtrack and say, Okay, when she did have this conversation, here's why she did it.
Speaker 2: Until then, it's like we have nothing to point at.
Speaker 1: I've been covering on a breakfast club, you know, her coming at jay Z and alleging that jay Z is trying to silence her. Right now, I want to see the receipts. Now we're talking about, you know, these big allegations. I think receipts are only valid to say, hey, before we even have the conversation. I'm asking you guys if we should have because y'all know for me, you know, I'm totally here for the conversations that's going to shake the room of Like, Yo, I'm a woman, and y'all playing with me because I am as a woman.
Speaker 2: We've all been in.
Speaker 1: Positions where we felt like our intelligence and you know, we've been tested because of egos that you know what I mean, don't don't look like ours, male dominated egos.
Speaker 2: We've all been there. So I'll hold that like i'll I'll keep that in the back of my mind. But we need to see the receipts.
Speaker 1: Nikky, drop them. Let's let's talk. Let's have the conversation. You've been a legend these things for years.
Speaker 2: It's jay Z.
Speaker 1: Now that you're alleging it is doing these things to you. It's it's it's punch. President of TDE lested the receipts