Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this very special New Year, First Friday of the New Year episode of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miles is still horny.
Speaker 3: He's still horny, folks, and he's still a workplace.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Guess what still horny Friday? Why are we here.
Speaker 2: Because we're doing the Predictions episode?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes, yes, everybody's.
Speaker 2: Favorite year end content from this show, where we come in we make fun of the bad predictions about the year that just ended. It's official, you fucked up, Nostra damis, you fucking got basically everything wrong. And then we make our own predictions that we hope you will not look back at, hopefully like you'll remember the one out of like five that we get. Right. We're just gonna fucking spray shots.
Speaker 4: I'm going to under with my predictions this year.
Speaker 2: You're going one hundred, all right, everybody, So everybody get your phone's ready to write down every one of Miles's predictions and then you can just like click them off as they have Exactly that did happen. I think this was the first year that I had somebody, multiple people, come back on one of my predictions and be like, wait, what is Jack no stratumus, what is what with this dude, he's no stratumus.
Speaker 5: Wait, why what did you predict that that was? Because I'm predicting it again.
Speaker 4: This manny hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, the spinet propeller hats bro consistent, consistent. All right, you know who that is. That's mister Miles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 5: Don't mind my nasally voice. It's just a bit of holiday a malaise. I think that's just causing my voice to sound like this. I'm fine, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: I didn't even ask, But all right, man, I like to get thrilled to be joined in our third seat by the original super producer of this show moved on to bigger and better things, but still every once in a while will grace us with her presence, super producer.
Speaker 3: Oh no, hoesby, don't clock that passive aggression in Jack's voice when he dismissed your illness. Are things changing at daily guy?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 3: This show ends in a goddamn ball of fire because Jack and Miles actually hate each other.
Speaker 2: I have no problems with Miles, but if he answers a question I didn't fucking ask on Mike.
Speaker 7: And he's still talking, this is what I'm saying. This is he's still talking. That's what I say. The show is over. You guys over boun stand each other behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's what I came here to tell you. That's what guys, It's a fucking facade.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Victors in the chat said, I've been meaning to text you about this.
Speaker 5: And it's like this every day, every day.
Speaker 2: You're a.
Speaker 4: Victor was always against me.
Speaker 2: You were always against me, Victor, always against both of you.
Speaker 4: That's what it's like in this show. We always accused everyone of being against one of us, you.
Speaker 2: Know, against me. Like to drop to my knees and shout, why do bad things happen to good people? Every once in a while.
Speaker 3: It's interesting. It should actually bring you together. That victor is technically against both of you.
Speaker 2: Yea, that is true.
Speaker 4: Oh, an enemy of my enemy is my friend against me against me?
Speaker 2: Is what I tell you. Victors trying to fucking manipulate us. She's playing both sides. Man, he's got it all fucked up.
Speaker 3: Isn't it funny? I show put them two minutes and this is a reality show.
Speaker 4: And I'm drinking.
Speaker 2: Cut to miles, direct to camera. It's just really hard.
Speaker 5: I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it together, if I'm being honest, But we'll see.
Speaker 4: We'll see how this recording goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're thrilled to be joined in our fourth seat by the executive producer of this show. It's Catherine.
Speaker 4: You're not against me, are you?
Speaker 8: I mean, only playing that one game about assassins.
Speaker 9: Much has been made of the news recently.
Speaker 3: Text you sent me about Miles just now was so funny.
Speaker 2: Let me see, I'm so easy to like win, just defeat with head games like you could get. As we've talked about. Just compliment, Like if I when I wear a stupid shirt, just compliment it, and I will be wearing that stupid shirt for the rest of my life forever.
Speaker 4: I don't wear that maggot hat for so long.
Speaker 2: Wow, talk about that era, my red era. All right? So that's it, right, nobody else joining. It's the four of us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we might have some little spots comments from Victor and Babe potentially because I know some you know, maybe Ryan stuff in the dock.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Bryan's always got ship to say in the chat. He's never liked me, He's never liked me.
Speaker 5: He's always been against, always against, Like, are you surprised?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, whose entrance music is that?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's bag.
Speaker 2: Another one producer, Yeah, another male, it's your.
Speaker 3: Fine teams. So I sort of sent them in to run this show and you know, look at them now.
Speaker 2: All right, So first, just to set a baseline, we like to do a cold Takes exposed on you know, the predictions that were made about this year. Take a look back. Does everybody follow cold takes Exposed on Twitter? It's great fun. The guys just like follows people who make sports predictions and then retweets them when they at the peak moment when they look the stupidest.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's such a service that needs to be done more like because the world is just full of so many bad predictions. But we're gonna do it for no Stratomus. Uh some pronounce mispronounced it is no stradamis duh. No Stradomus is the kind of the number one prediction guy, the guy who when you predict something, if it's like a bold and specific prediction or if you get something right, people are like, all right, no Stradamus And he sucks at it. He fucking he sucks shit he's a a predicatar.
Speaker 5: What is Domas even fucking like, what's what's that album that he first came out with that he's living off the strike he's living still like oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Time can anybody look at hermas Astra Domas?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's funny, I don't know. And then because yeah, yeah, Baba Vanga's getting creeping up, but I feel like it's a real one, a one D or even two, like Baba Vonga is definitely behind Nostradamus in terms of the cultural mind share. Uh, suproducer, Victor, would you mind looking up to see what was the big correct prediction that Nostra Damas got that he's been coasted off of for all these years. We'll come back to that at the end, but first we want to look at what he thought we had in store for the year twenty twenty four. So big prediction that I think is a great illustration of why predictions are a bad idea. He predicted something about a king of the I being driven out by force, which people naturally interpreted that King Charles would be driven out off the throne by force, which is just like so stupid, Like anybody like that that throne would still be important enough that there would be like a forceful taking of power from one. But it's like, I mean, it was impossible for him to know that at the time that it was, you know, not that it was more like a reality show for old people at this point, but yeah, I don't know, it would be like him predicting people were gonna invent a newer, longer burning candle to this, you know, this.
Speaker 5: Is just like bad because like even in twenty King Charles was like king in twenty twenty three, you know what I mean, Like that's when the coronation was so Notre Dame is fucking way off, dude, way off.
Speaker 4: That Prince Harry could have come king.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, a lot of people were interpreting that like it would be, uh, you know, soon after a new king shall be anointed who for a long time will appease the earth again, like because he thought kings were important still because he lived a long time ago and didn't know what the fuck he was talking about, because he was just a guy staring at a candle. That was this thing, right, he would like stare at a candle, go into a trance and then just like let the let the pen move.
Speaker 4: That's me when I when I'm in the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, when you're in this huge Wait, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: That's a fucking terrible like I wouldn't trust a guy, like, what's your methodology?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 4: I get fucking ripped? And I look at this candle, look at a candle, and then I just write shit down. I'm like, Okay, you know what, maybe we can ask someone else to the.
Speaker 2: Truth flows through me. Uh He He thought that the quote red Adversary was going to launch a naval battle, which also, I feel like the Pentagon predicts every year that China's gonna attack act and we've got another year where that that shit still hasn't happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm waiting Nostra Doma, don't disappoint me again. Anyways, He predicted a new pope, which it's possible that Nostradamus was confused by seeing a glimpse of the twenty twenty four Ralph Finds movie Conclave, but gorgeous ray yeah rapeh another prediction. Okay, so let's get to celebrity psychics. One said we'd finally communicate with aliens through encrypted signals intercepted by a network of telescopes because they had just watched contact right before making the prediction, is what I have to assume that happened. It has not happened quite yet.
Speaker 3: Do you think until the Navy releases their findings in ten years and they're like, by the way, god, this is so funny. Yeah, there are aliens, like.
Speaker 5: It was it actually was an Iranian mother.
Speaker 2: Ship anyway, mothership. So when they say that, do they want us to predict a like a giant drone that is the mothership or is it an actual ship in the water. I don't know, Like, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, they are in the oceans now, right, Like that's where the aliens are according to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were talking about Iran and when you just said they are in the oceans now, it's a problematic. Not again. Entertainment executives were predicting. One executive claimed no movie would make more than one billion dollars of the box office. Uh and just inside out Deadpool Wolverine both did that very easily. But yeah, I mean the entertainment industry has been way off about movies and being like movies are over, it's time for streaming.
Speaker 3: And then they were like, wait, a second, we need commercials to make money.
Speaker 2: That's right. In terms of politics, some people predicted the quote most likely scenario of the twenty two twenty four election was a Biden win. This was from MSNBC. Biden is well positioned to win reelection. That might make for a boring story, but it's also the most likely one if you.
Speaker 4: Ignore everything else around, if.
Speaker 2: You ignore the fact all these facts that make that actually impossible, Like at the time that they're making that prediction, and not everybody knew this, but it was an actual impossibility, like his brain was physically melting in real time. And then we have this other good one from CBS. I predict that the Supreme Court is not going to save Donald Trump from the criminal trial. They are not going to rule that he is immune from criminal prosecution. And I don't think it's even going to be close. It could be nine to nothing with the Chief Justice writing the opinion that a former president does not have absolute immunity from criminal prosecution for actions they took while in office.
Speaker 5: Swish plang, Yeah, I like how they really? I mean again, whoever wrote that should lose their job. Really, you didn't see what the Supreme Court over the last decade.
Speaker 4: Like it's going to be unanimous that they'll uphold the law.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Donald Trump is going to lose the election fifty to nothing states and he's going to be in jail by the time the election happened. Maybe the dumbest prediction of all though our king that probably the person who like would if somebody said something smart and correct or like predicted something people might be like. Okay, Elon Musk in terms of like, you know, public perception branding. Elon Musk claimed that X would replace banks by the end of twenty twenty four. So he's got a heck, he's got a couple. Oh no, that's that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: What does it even mean replace a bank?
Speaker 5: Because remember he guys like X, because X was going to be like the everything app like everything would happen through X, including banking.
Speaker 4: And you're like, dude, just shut the fund up and use your.
Speaker 3: Never bulletproof with X weight. I did, but I mean I never opened a checking account with X.
Speaker 2: Wait I did? All right, those are the dumb predictions about this year. We're going to come back. You're going to get our predictions, and they're so good compared to those stupid ones. We'll be right back, and we're back. Does anybody want to come clean about any of their predictions for this year that like didn't quite happen because I was right about everything. It happened exactly the way that I said it was going to happen.
Speaker 5: I just remember it like last year when we did it, if the feeling was so grim because we had an election coming and the Biden administration was doing funk all about what was happening in Gaza, And I think the one thing I was just my my whole feeling going into this last year was like there's gonna be some kind of karmic boomerang for like arming and raw rayeing, like the genocide, and yeah, I don't know, it clearly translated in some way certainly didn't help. I didn't have any fun ones. I don't think last year like I do this year.
Speaker 3: What I said, how do you guys remember what you said?
Speaker 4: I think I remember you said, we're all gonna die.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure you say, am I know.
Speaker 4: We're all gonna die. It doesn't matter, We're all gonna die.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: It was kind of the that was.
Speaker 5: I remember the vibe being really like God were like, it's a fucking hellscape with no with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I know different this year.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I don't know. I mean unless these drug these new Jersey drones come to lift us off this planet. So movies, I think I thought big things were coming from The Despicable Me For and it did fine.
Speaker 5: I did not make a single movie prediction. No, wait, you did that last year.
Speaker 2: No, actually I did it like right before, I think a month before it came out. I was like, guys, if you thought Inside Out Too did well, get ready for Despicable Me For and take it from me. It did good. Not as good as Inside Out Too.
Speaker 8: I think my prediction movie wise was that Megalopolis would be a good movie since it had been in productions supposedly for forty five years.
Speaker 2: Ye, anything that takes that long has to be pretty good, right.
Speaker 9: It's been perfected.
Speaker 8: But let me just say, like worth a watch, like take a gunny a gummy, find a friend, and uh please to enjoy.
Speaker 9: It's very it's very enjoyable.
Speaker 3: I maybe on a plane when you fall asleep, because I watched it and holy shit, oh.
Speaker 9: No it is. It's actually terrible.
Speaker 8: But it's like so unpredictably like gobsmacking that it isn't entertaining.
Speaker 4: Well, right, so you.
Speaker 5: Have to be like inebriated to fully be able to like go with the flow. We're like, I don't know, yeah, yeah whatever, the guy fucking came back to life or some shit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you might be altered.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I recommend taking a nap in the middle and then coming back.
Speaker 4: Because it'll make more sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, let's get into our predictions. Guys, Miles you want to kick us off? Anna, let's go Miles an a right one two thing? Bang?
Speaker 4: Let me just fire off all my predictions.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, just like a couple, just you give us a.
Speaker 4: Cap, I'll do. I think Beyonce will leave jay Z. Wow, that's gonna happen in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five feels that feels right to me. I hadn't made that prediction, but that.
Speaker 5: I just throw this shit is so fucking disgusting and like she can't hurt her brand is way too valuable. I don't I just don't know how that how anything comes to pass, especially with all these like supposed illegitimate children coming out of the woodwork and shit. I also think Grand Theft Auto six will not come out in twenty twenty five, even though they say it will come out in fall of twenty twenty five. But I'm just a gamer who just don't know. Shit takes time. I don't think that's gonna happen. I think the Luigi from Mario Brothers is going to be really popular for maybe the first six months of the year as like a nod to Luigi Mangioni, and then here's I think. I think everyone has some kind of prediction around this. I'm not sure which way the Luigi Mangioni story goes, because like the media wants to talk about it because it gets engagement, but they don't want to really talk about it because they don't want people to like start getting like radicalized or really kind.
Speaker 4: Of like putting shit together. So I'm just that's a big one. I'm really not sure which way that story goes.
Speaker 5: If it kicks off a bunch of copycat stuff or it just turns into like normalizing fucking with billionaires in like a nonviolent way, I don't know, but I just know there's something there.
Speaker 4: I just don't know what happens that seed.
Speaker 2: I actually know which way it's going to go, but I'm actually not allowed to tell. I was told I sworn to secrecy, so okay, But yeah, I do think the CEOs are going to try to make themselves like a protected class via a lot of like think pieces.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Like The Atlantic had a thing where it's like, are we going, like is this de evolution in reference to what happened? And I was like, Wow, the Atlantic, You're got all the right takes at all the right times.
Speaker 2: Tread Catholic guy at the New York Times op ed was like, actually, the CEO is a working class hero, and yeah, you should maybe think about that. And I thought it was like a fake headline, but it turns out it was nice.
Speaker 9: Well, of corporations are people, then that is accurate.
Speaker 2: Therefore, yes, that's right, and a person person.
Speaker 5: And we share a lot of Luigi memes. Where do you where's the where's Luigi? Where's the Luigi story headed for you in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: I mean, here's what I'm hoping. I'm hoping well, I mean it's hard to know based off his like really fucking chaotic politics. But I'm hoping he doesn't take a plea deal. I hope he takes this ship to trial. I hope he gets a hung jury every fucking five minutes for the rest of his life. And then I hope to see a lot of memes that say, like the jury is not the only thing that's hung, and yeah.
Speaker 4: That's sort of.
Speaker 3: You want to see some let's be wrong. I'm in it for more sort of meme work around Luigi and then yeah, I guess I predict potentially more vigilante killers. I don't know. It's it's like I think, like there's so much hype around Luigi and there's also so many conspiracy conspiracy how do you say that word conspiracy conspiracy theories around him that like I think like people will be just here's the other thing. He's like a rich kid who got radicalized. So I think they're is sort of this energy surrounding him where people are kind of like, well, fucking yeah, you know. So I think there were not maybe not necessarily like literal assassins are going to come out of nowhere, but I think there's gonna be a lot more sort of interesting radicalized behavior from people we least expect it from yea, so because.
Speaker 5: You're seeing it too, Like that lady who was on the claim call and said defend denied to pose on the call and said you're next, and then like she just got arrested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah she got fifteen years. Did she get something like that? I don't know. I don't know exactly, but they're like threatening to give her for this, which to me is crazy because it's like they hate women.
Speaker 5: But it's also like, yeah, they're like what they told you you were going to die on the phone call by denying you care, but then you evoke something like that. Yeah, that's that's I think also too, Like I feel like being anti CEO is going to get someone canceled somehow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like there's That's the other thing I see is what the billionaire class does to really do, Like they need Olivia Pope from Scandal right now to change the optics around them.
Speaker 3: And I think, and I'm sure they have that already.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like it's too fast, like they wouldn't be able to put like turn this around quickly enough. But I feel like behind the scenes, every every one of these Billionaires has like a biopic going into development right now. Like they're just like, Okay, we got to fight this war on like many fronts. We need the we need a movie called Bezos.
Speaker 10: Yeah, which, my gosh, I'm waiting for the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, musk Bezos. He did it all he did.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for the Luigi Luigi played by Michael Sarah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then another one that's like Ryan where he's going to be someone who's like really sexualized, or by Paul with Paul Daniel.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be someone who wants that Oscar so bad. We're going to overact the ship out of that movie because.
Speaker 10: Like are they getting cast like Timothy Shallowby.
Speaker 2: And maybe like two on the nose. It's like they're just like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, it's gonna be someone who's gonna be wearing prosthetics for sure because they really want that transformation Oscar.
Speaker 10: Oh maybe the mister robot guy what's his name again?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't think.
Speaker 9: He's a little too distinct eyes like Louis does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's I just think there's That's like the thing that is the biggest question for me because it's such a clear moment where there's just such shared outrage over this that I also feel like the media you're already seeing it, like they are going, that's another thing. They are going to play an even bigger role in trying to damp in any sense of like burgeoning class solidarity that comes out of this, because it feels like that's just what every piece I'm reading has to do, or like you just see.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because they've been trying to do that all year, right, and uh, I think it's just not we're here's the thing. Another thing is I love to say.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, here's the thing with Ana, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think like they they really want that, but they've unfortunately, they've gone too far. Like they've pushed us and pushed us and pushed us. And it's like now you got CEOs being assassinated in the streets like by rich kids, Like come on, that's kind of a telling sign that you maybe need to tone it down a little. Because even if the rich kids are radicalized, oh honey, yeah, you saw Columbia to go to Columbia, right right, those kids were trying to fight cops like buildings, Okay.
Speaker 2: Specialized chain weapons, on campus.
Speaker 5: They've got these alien technologies that they're using to assault the police.
Speaker 4: It's a bike, theying, it's.
Speaker 3: It's just like you're seeing people on levels that really shouldn't be radicalized due to their privilege, because they can really live on quite a nice life, but like they're you know, they're just too human and understand what's happened quite well that like, I don't know, I think a dampening will be pushed, but I don't think. I don't know how successful it will be because people, hey, guess what, the eyes they're.
Speaker 5: Open and people either no matter no matter what the op eds say, people still are having the same lived experience. So until that changes, like it it's just gonna fall on deaf ears, which is why I.
Speaker 4: Think so many people when they see these pieces come out, were like.
Speaker 5: He just came from a small town, Brian Thompson and worked his way up and people are like just a small.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 6: But also in New York City, like one hundred k is kind of low income, you know, because you're gonna apply for the like the projects.
Speaker 5: Right so there, Yeah, yeah, that's I think like the a disgusting getting you don't even work in finance lose my fucking number. I just think also there's gonna there has to be like some token gestures of goodwill too that I think billionaires are going to try and to do just to again, there's gonna be some kind of attempt to try and sort of distract or you know, again help their reputations. But I just don't think that much is gonna happen unless there's something really substantive in people's lives, and with Trump in office, I just don't I just don't see any of that happens.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like viral videos where Jeff Bezos delivers a free pizza to like a working class person. It's not gonna be like anything. Actually, he's like.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm delivering prime today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, all right, covers over.
Speaker 3: Its delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's carried on a like a cloud of drones over as he delivers it.
Speaker 4: But that's me. Who else?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we got anna, we got some on in there. Anything else on episodes? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a few. I think climate change is gonna get worse.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, I have this too, Like I feel like one of these years there's going to be a massive like heat death where like the people it gets so hot that it's like actually unsurvived, like the human body can't survive it. Like we're actually on the brink of that in many places. That's like the inciting incident of that book Ministry for the Future. But like we're not far away.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think we are.
Speaker 2: I do feel like that's when you could start seeing because that's like direct like heat cause death, you know, which is a thing that gets ignored a lot. But I do think we'll start to see maybe some of the early glimmers of the resistance that like.
Speaker 3: Seventy degrees in New York and November, you know what I mean. It's like sort like weird things like that were.
Speaker 5: I mean even like in India, there was a heat wave in India where like over two hundred people died.
Speaker 4: Like I think that's the thing. It Eventually it's going to not be like.
Speaker 2: A million, you know, like it can be that. I mean, that's that's like a possibility that people are predicting, like a heat wave that just takes out entire city this year.
Speaker 4: Just basically on the track.
Speaker 2: We're on the track, Yeah, in the track seems to be accelerating like according to climate ye people. So I don't think Luigi Mangioni is going to be the only uh kind of radical act of resistance that we're going to see in you know, these twenty four months. I think people are going to start.
Speaker 3: I have a few others. I think cocaine is going to become good again.
Speaker 10: Oh thank god?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 3: I'm not going to explain that any further. If you know, you know, I think you guys know cocaine's bad. And then I never went away, honey, yeah, way briefly with all the sort of fentanyl cut.
Speaker 2: Into it, you go away? Is it is cocaine no longer?
Speaker 3: No, definitely, But I'm just saying I think like there's going to be sort of a resurgence. Don't I ask, I don't work.
Speaker 2: Because you cocaine. I don't don't look into who's sponsoring this episode.
Speaker 3: But no, I think just like there's gonna be like sort of like an almost like an ethical Here's I've spent some time in Berlin and when I talk to certain people at clubs, now there's this really funny push for like ethical drugs, Like they talk a lot about like, well, this drug was actually made ethically and you're like what, And I think that's sort of becoming a thing amongst younger generations, is like doing ethical drugs, which to me is sort of like drugs.
Speaker 5: But that's just what I mean, like like doing like what like that like Bonobo's does and ship like what's that like company that's like, hey, if you buy, by.
Speaker 3: Example, is a prime example of ethical drugs because they're like, well, the thing you need to understand about methodrone and you're like, we're in a club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, is that different from methodone? It's like yeah, yeah, it's definitely.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 2: It's like a drone. So a drone comes and gives you methodism, like an.
Speaker 6: Ethically made speed yes, and you're up forever.
Speaker 4: Wait why is that? Why is it ethical?
Speaker 10: It's lab made, it's lab made.
Speaker 3: It's not like, you know, it's made in Europe, so it's like local.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been in the lab with a pen in the pad trying to get this damn method drone off.
Speaker 3: Man, it's just.
Speaker 6: These hipsters, you know, hipster scientists like making.
Speaker 5: Like like you know, stop buying like conflict drugs where like it leads to death.
Speaker 2: I just made.
Speaker 4: I just cooked this ship up in my grandmother's kitchen.
Speaker 2: Literally, No, but it's not. It was probably harvested by ben Laden. I remember that being like a thing that people were saying in the early two thousands was like, that's.
Speaker 5: Say, don't don't download pirated material because that helps terrorists.
Speaker 4: Was like a thing I remember in the ots and they're like, don't tell piracy.
Speaker 3: You never know. You really got to be you gotta really search back where your piracy came.
Speaker 4: From ethical math?
Speaker 3: What else ethical myth? I think also, I think, uh you nitwear? Oh, I do believe nitwear will continue to be king. Nitwear is so hot right now, and I think it's going to continue to be king, even though temperatures are rising. I think we will continue to wear nitwear because everyone m I think cashmere is hot, baby, Cashmere's back. It's breathe a ball. They're making it more affordable.
Speaker 10: Just I just bought one myself, so.
Speaker 3: Exactly see what I mean, See how I was able to predict that with in seconds. I do think Italy will fall.
Speaker 4: Italy will fall.
Speaker 2: This is because the king will be overtaken. King will lead to the fall of the boot.
Speaker 3: I do think people are trying to realize Italy is a damn facade of a nation. You just go there to get your little son in and then you leave, and then you don't realize that all the people who work as the central workers and all the people that work in like the social systems are literally striking twenty four to seven because they have no rights, because they continue to vote in like fascist sleany family members into the government. It's turning quite right over there. So I'm just.
Speaker 4: Saying it it all goes well.
Speaker 3: Italy will fall, and I just want to I know you're like, no, but I need to go to like chink A Tara, Well go now, bitch, because it's over.
Speaker 6: I thought it was already fallen, and it's already fallen. I do I always yeah.
Speaker 4: There's that Gerard Butler movie.
Speaker 3: It will fall if I have anything to do with it. I've really been talking a lot of shit about Italy and I'm going to continue to talk about Italy, and if I have anything to fucking do with it, I.
Speaker 4: Will bring about your love for Luigi.
Speaker 3: I mean, Luigi's not really He's an Italian American.
Speaker 4: That's different mafia, right, right, that's true. Definitely, He's doing good work out here.
Speaker 3: He's taking things into his own hands. Okay, and if Italian Americans know what's good for them, they'll take down Italy's government. Okay. Healthcare will continue to punish us and get worse because we killed one of them. My birth controls on back order is not crazy.
Speaker 4: Control.
Speaker 3: They're like, it's not coming, honey, it's on back order. I'm like, hey, honey, I don't understand that. Let me tell you a T shirt that people want. It's birth control. I don't just stop taking.
Speaker 5: Hey, do you want to add yourself to the waiting list and we can notify you when it comes back in stuff.
Speaker 3: I really got that text yesterday. It was like, your your birth controls on back order. I'm like, is this because they killed a man in the streets? I get punished.
Speaker 4: You get a text from another number, it's like, low key, yes, don't feel all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden the meds are on fucking back order. Make more if you're not making all the money in the world. Also, I do want to really quickly say I do believe pelvic floors will continue to get stronger, damn, because pilates is becoming more more prominent. Next thing, you know exactly, women will be able to kill you with their fucking pelvic floor. So watch your fucking backs men trying to kill women, because we're coming for you. Okay. You don't think I can put my goddamn thighs around your goddamn head and snap your neck. Man, You know why because I do do the Reformer method. You don't think this core is stronger than the goddamn core of this earth. It is. I can kill you with my legs anyway, damn. And I'm telling you. The more we do plates because we are training for battle in those small rooms, uh you're all gonna die.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna be aerodynamic and small. But like, so pack a pun.
Speaker 4: That core, that core.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not even a joke, Like pilates is not a goddamn joke.
Speaker 10: It's no.
Speaker 3: The we're doing in those rooms it's important.
Speaker 5: I was doing for a minute because that was like the one time I that was like the one workout I was like, oh I have zero strength in this way that I think was Have.
Speaker 3: You seen that video of darkness in you?
Speaker 4: Have you seen the videos of like.
Speaker 5: Those muscular dudes trying to get on the Reformer and they're all fucking just getting just dying, and they're like, yeah, man, different, you have completely different sets of muscles to stay honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your thick arms don't mean shit compared to my core strength. Okay.
Speaker 10: I also love how brutaliss the machines look. You know, Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Let's let's take a quick break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jack got scared off that pelvic floor talk to kill his.
Speaker 2: Ass, looking at pilates videos being like, how are they doing this? Let's take a quick break and we'll be back with our final predictions of the year twenty twenty five. And we're back. We're and Bee Catherine. Yeah, we'd love to hear what y'all think is going to happen this year.
Speaker 6: But you want to go first, you want me to go, Sure, I'll go because I don't have that many. But basically what we already talked about, I just have this like feeling that there's like a I don't know, the world is just in a weird place. I just feel like since COVID and all this stuff are just like I just feel like something's happening, Like I don't know, I just feel like we can all just kind of like like get your cash, you know, take your money out of the banks.
Speaker 8: Get your cash, ic idea and birth control so Anna can't have any.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know, And I don't know, there's gonna be like fires everywhere. I remember I was in DC when Trump was elected in like twenty twenty sixteen, and that's how it was. It was like fires and like dumpster fires everywhere, and it was just like havoc.
Speaker 10: That's how I feel, Like, what's happening right now?
Speaker 2: What's in your mind?
Speaker 10: No, it never stopped.
Speaker 6: But then after this Luigi incident, I'm like, it must be some kind of like a woke QAnon situation happening right now.
Speaker 2: You think America is gonna be weed in the juice? Yeah, definitely cool, Poly, I'm glad you allowed that. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what else?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: I think after talking to some family members who are Trump people, I feel like robots are definitely replacing a lot of human capital next year for sure. Like, but they're so convinced that this will save American producers and things like that. They're really convinced by this because, like I guess, the more you get robots to work, you're going to have the blue collar workers who who were doing the jobs to be doing some other kind of job that controls the robots. So there's gonna be an increase of jobs. I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I think the logic was there more robots means someone's gotta work the robots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that is I don't know. Wow, I wish that.
Speaker 2: Were the replica of the person and they just like are doing the fake work while the robot does the work over here, and yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 5: I mean that does sound like something yeah that Trump supporters would be telling themselves about, like what automation is, Like, no, automation is fine, because someone has to work the robots.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 5: The people that run the factories are like, how do I cut costs? Let me pay for robots and human labor. Yeah, and double the yes, yes.
Speaker 10: And then they're watching yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: They think it's like a James Cameron movie where like the person has to go inside the big robot and like throw stuff around and like move things.
Speaker 4: Like exoskeletons.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, totally totally.
Speaker 6: But I don't know, I feel like in their world it's gonna be like it's just it's just like the factories are gonna quadruple in size. That's how. That's how like American labor is going to be well, they're going to be saved.
Speaker 4: They're in for a big surprise, big shock, big shock.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, all right, Catherine, you got anything I do.
Speaker 9: I have a couple really important predictions.
Speaker 8: I think that twenty twenty five is going to be the year that everyone has the wool taken from their eyes and they realize that AI is the three D printer of the Internet. Like we all thought for three D printers in like a second, but they like don't really work that well, and.
Speaker 9: Like nobody really has them.
Speaker 8: I think people will realize, like AI actually sucks and it gives you the wrong answer ninety nine percent of the time. And I think it's going to be a footnote footnote, And I'm also hoping that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think people are realizing that already. I don't. So I started writing this same prediction, and then I was like, but the thing that is the reason AI exists is to prop up the market, Like it's it's adding value to a bunch of companies that don't actually need like deserves the value by just being like we added AI to it, and like the people who are making it have no incentive to like they're just going to keep moving the goalpost back. Like there's a point during this year where people like, is it going a crater because like people are starting to realize that it like doesn't do shit, like it doesn't work. But then they're taking like it's just fine, Yeah, yeah, it's just Google's bullshit for you. I think they're going to be able to just continue fooling themselves because why, I don't know that just the thing that like it, it doesn't exist now and like never has and I don't see what is going to change to make the market be like, guys, there's not much here, you know, maybe we shall have that moment. I mean, I guess they had that moment with Crypto, but I feel like maybe they like learned their lesson from Crypto. They're like, oh, well, now Crypto's back, So maybe we could have just like done without the whole crash where we realized we were just standing on a bunch of thin air and just like continue to pretend and fool ourselves. But I agree, like I think there's going to continue to be a a lot more people being like, hey, this thing sucks. I just don't know if it's going to pierce the whole like market economy and like mainstream media bubble that is like propping it up right now. I would love no, for.
Speaker 5: Sure, I just don't know if it will because I think now when you like Sam Altman's giving money to Trump already for his inauguration, like they're probably fixing to get some kind of like soft landing via the like some kind of government assistance if it goes fully pear shaped.
Speaker 4: But okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 8: That's that's my hope and prediction for AI. Also, just like a quick tidbit, you can put in your little search bar and google whatever you want to search for and then write minus AI and then it won't give you like the terrible AI suggestion that tells you to go eat bleach or whatever. Yeah, when you're trying to look up like biscuit.
Speaker 9: Recipe, which did happen to me.
Speaker 8: Bleach, Well it wasn't bleach, but it was like, yeah, you should like put this in your butt, And I was like, no, no, that's poison.
Speaker 9: Someone's going to die from AI.
Speaker 5: And ammonia mix a base of yes, it was like our idea for this show, do a bad segment up top, so then once we get to the predictions, it's like it tastes good.
Speaker 4: We did judgtaposition.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 9: I have a question for you guys.
Speaker 8: So I think there will be a lot of copyhat killers like hat Luigi. But I wonder if you guys think as some like TikTokers have predicted or said, like it's nice that it's not school children this time. I wonder if it's going to be a trend. What do you think.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, no, I think yeah, I think they're just like too well protected. I think we'll see a trend of like the security industrial complex around billionaires and CEOs like exploding. But I don't know if we're going to see like a lot of people doing the same thing. Okay, all right, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, it's it's certainly opened the door for that kind.
Speaker 8: Of thing because the kind of attention he's gotten. I think there will be a lot of people attempting that. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually don't have like a strong feeling one way or the other. I just feel like the way that American history in my lifetime has gone. It's just always like goes towards like protecting the re billionaires. Yeah, maybe this is a turning point. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm going to predict that Norway is going to be the hot place to visit in twenty twenty five. My friends who went to Norway in twenty twenty four and like, people are like Norway, it's the place to be Norway.
Speaker 3: I do want to warn you, Okay, I someoney who spend some time in Norway.
Speaker 4: See the Norwegian I do want to warn you.
Speaker 3: Erry pushy people.
Speaker 2: Okay, they are not nice, Okay, some casual European discrimination that.
Speaker 10: We're just like.
Speaker 3: I've spent some time.
Speaker 2: I mean they're no Italians, but they're still pretty push no Italians.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the Italian people are fine. I think their government should fall. So I spent some times, some some days, some weeks in border towns in Sweden where the Norwegians come into town and just in just like mass amounts because they want to go to the like mass like huge candy slash cigarette shops. And so they come and they buy candy, buy the pounds, and they buy their cigarettes. These shops are are one it's a huge candy shop that has a cigarette section. And if you try and park in a parking lot that they are trying to park in.
Speaker 2: Oh, this sounds very based on specific person.
Speaker 5: Do you like a review bringing a lot into this.
Speaker 3: I've experienced this two years in a row. Yeah, they want their candy and they want their cigarettes, and they will fight for the their goddamn lives. They will honk and choose you walk by, they will almost hit you with their car if they're trying to get to a parking spot. They are so crazy. And then and I'm sorry to call the origins crazy, but you know who you are, and God forbid you go over one minute over your your tennis court alloted time. Oh your face, like nobody's business being like I have this tennis court. Get off my tennis court. And I'm literally like, I'm literally just it's a clay court, looking it for you to clean it up for you after I played on it. And you're out here trying to beat the ship out of.
Speaker 4: Tennis O region.
Speaker 8: They'll tell you anyway, go to Norway and be very careful.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like, don't try to watch your fucking That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Watch your clay court tennis playing, Assay.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Historically they were the most fierce Vikings in the area.
Speaker 3: So I feel like, oh, I know where all their grapes are. I visited.
Speaker 4: And I know we're all there crapes.
Speaker 3: It's not joking. I know where they I know where they're buried. Yeah, no, okay, I'm just warning you. Go to Norway. It's gorgeous, it's beautiful. I loved it. Just be careful. The people will over your time.
Speaker 5: Don't go over your time on a tennis court, and don't fuck around in the parking lot for the Swedish candy cigarette.
Speaker 3: Stores exactly because here's the thing. They drive over the border because the they pay less taxes in Sweden because Norway has all that oil money going on that their taxes are more. I mean also their quality of life is a lot better. But like, still, just be careful. I don't act like I didn't warn your ass Okay. And then if you sound like Norway and you experience this, DM me because I want to know your experience, because I'm telling you it's weird over there. All right.
Speaker 8: Well, my last two are I think that there will not wind up being a TikTok ban either because like there's too much money involved and they're not going to be able to make it happen, or we are going to find a way around it and it will be fine. So I think everybody can stop worrying about that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I agree, I agree, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 8: And in fact, like one person was just like, just set your location as Canada.
Speaker 9: I don't know if that actually works, but that's what somebody said.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: And most important to lastly and most importantly, George R. R. Martin has finally revealed that he is too old and crotchety to finish Wins Winter. I have been saying for years that the second he croaks, they're gonna throw a ghost writer in there to finish the series or just like have it go on ad nauseum forever.
Speaker 9: So now that he.
Speaker 8: Has admitted that he is not fucking finishing this book, I think they're gonna have a ghostwriter sneak on in there, and and you know, we're going to deal with him to have somebody else finish it because he's not going to.
Speaker 4: What's what's the big deal with this? But it is supposed to be like the last book or so. I don't know any second last.
Speaker 9: I don't even think it was supposed to be the last one.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 8: He just like you could really see in the in the you know past, but the last book that he did, the name of which I can't remember at this moment. But he sort of like loses his way and the pacing is off, and he's sort of, you know, I think they're going to have somebody else come in and, you know, finish it up, finish the job, which I'm excited about.
Speaker 2: You think he's gonna let them. You think he's just like fucking I think.
Speaker 9: He might now that he's admitted, like I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I saw that headline. He's like, I will. I'm not sure I will be able to finish this book. I'm out of that headline. I don't know what that meant. I'm like, are you? I feel like this dude was dying for like the last fifteen years.
Speaker 9: He's very old.
Speaker 2: He's actually he looks old, but he's actually in his late forties. He's just like lived a hard Allan Poe and smoke one cigarette, yeah, the norweigarette.
Speaker 8: He and his ships Captain hat can go off into the sunset and let Brandon Sanderson or some other novelist to finish the job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean those would be my picks for sure. All Right, a couple quick ones for me. Utah continues to thrive. We're going to see more cultural exports from Utah, more mainstream Utah successes, The.
Speaker 3: Real Housewives of Lag City, right yeah, yeah, and just one of the greats, one of the greats.
Speaker 2: I mean they just got on. We talked at the end of last year. They got the number one basketball recruit in the country to go to Brigdam Young University.
Speaker 6: Wait, but you gotta watch The Secret Lives of Mormon.
Speaker 2: Why that one is like the supposedly just the best show in the history of reality TV.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a question, did you say brigdom Young?
Speaker 5: You said brigdam I said brigdam I got that breaking cool Breagham Brigham.
Speaker 2: Right, Braggdowm. The Pamela andersants will continue. I feel like she's she got nominated for a Golden Globe for a movie called The Last Showgirl that not a lot of people saw. She's in the New Naked Gun reboot that's coming up big prediction for me, there's gonna be a Superman movie coming out in the summer.
Speaker 4: Wait, that's announced. What do you mean did you make it up?
Speaker 2: No? All right, fine, I just like googled movies that are coming out and this year.
Speaker 3: Made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: That's not there's Superman movie, dude, for sure. Like I just have this. It's like a gut you know, like every five years. I feel like it's like Superman time.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's also gonna be another Minion's movie.
Speaker 2: There's not.
Speaker 6: What's gonna happen, you know, in the world? So Superman to save the day?
Speaker 3: Jack Jack? Who's the next Spider Man?
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be Tom uh Tom tom Tommy boy Tom hol all right, you tell me you're on the Google Tommy Hill figure, Tom Tom Tommy. There's a Michael Jackson biopic by Antoine coming out.
Speaker 3: Bring Baby Baby Yoga over that.
Speaker 2: Baby yoga wasn't a baby yogurt?
Speaker 3: No, you said you were talking about baby yoga and called.
Speaker 4: Them baby baby yo yoga.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a classic Jack.
Speaker 2: That sounds like me. Do you know they're bringing back the Jurassic World franchise for another one?
Speaker 4: Is that a prediction.
Speaker 2: That's a prediction in July, second of the year twenty five. Wait, you just CROs. I am predicting the Jurassic World will experience a rebirth with a scholar Johansson film called Jurassic World Rebirth. All right, I mean no, Scar Joe is in it. And guys, I'm getting tinglings in the shared consciousness. We might have another Avatar comment a third Avatar film, So get ready to end your seasonal Avatar isn't there. I have to leave the movie Avatar depression disorder relieved for a couple hours because is recoming.
Speaker 3: Avatar is racist and you know it, So just stop.
Speaker 2: I think drones are going to continue to be a thing. I'm being told that I have to My mic needs to be cut. I don't know this New Jersey everybody freaking out about, Like we talked about how the New Jersey drone sightings thing is probably just drones doing what drones can do, and it has only grown since then, which kind of made me realize that the past fifteen years of media being hollowed out and dying and like having budgets cut and shrinking and being replaced just by social media is probably going to continue to have. You know, we're just going to continue to see the mainstream media just point its attention at whatever it seems like is happening on social media, which is fucking bonkers. So yeah, we'll see the consequences of that continue. We'll see drones continue to and in data our reality. Hopefully people aren't too freaked out by it and think it's aliens. And then finally, and the big one. Everybody waits every year for my fashion prediction. I really think this is the year for propeller hats.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: I think I think I talked about it. Last year. We started seeing them in some fashion houses in Japan, and I just I have a feeling. Okay, it was a store in Japan, but in this episode anyways, someone get his meds. Get his meds. Those are my predictions. Everybody laughed at Nostradamus when he made his predictions, and you know, now he's synonymous with being the best in the business.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I have a prediction. Mm hmm, there will be another iPhone.
Speaker 4: Wow, where the did you are? You a fucking how did you wait? How do you know this? What gives you that kind of idea?
Speaker 3: So I'm really good at sort of reading, like like culture and the guys and sort of seeing what's happening, and then like being able to take that information and then use it to predict something. Because you know, there's an iPhone almost every year, so one can only assume there'll be another.
Speaker 4: One spot on spot On, You're Welcome, You're.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Wake Up dead Man and Knives Out Mystery is coming, is my prediction. That's that's the name of the new Knives out there, wake Up dead Man. Okay, all right, well that's been the predictions episode. We I think we nailed it once again. Thank you so much for joining us. Catherine Law, Where can People Find You?
Speaker 8: You can find me at cath Elizabeth on Instagram and on podcasts Dear Chelsea and driving to Disneyland Bei Wang.
Speaker 2: Where can people find you?
Speaker 6: You can find me on Instagram, Imperial Dot, Concubine and.
Speaker 10: SoundCloud. Bay Bay Baby, I b I b I.
Speaker 2: Hey Baby, super producer on a hosy. Where can people Find You?
Speaker 3: I am at Money Moves post me a on Instagram, Baby Up Follow I will make more predictions on there about Jack's hairline.
Speaker 2: Hey wait a second, I said that was offline. That was the first text on this day.
Speaker 3: I just think he's always wearing a hat anyway. Weird? Is it weird?
Speaker 5: Is it interesting that he's been doing the show from Turkey the last three weeks?
Speaker 3: What weird?
Speaker 2: That's weird, right, the very first thing on the doc.
Speaker 5: It's just funny. He got the blue screen background. But you can tell people kind of break through. He clearly they're a cat.
Speaker 2: They're all Turkish surgeons. Miles Gray, where can people find?
Speaker 4: You find me as bald as ever at Miles of Gray? Wherever they got at all?
Speaker 2: Right, you can find me at Jack Underscore, Brian on Twitter, Jack obi one on Blue Sky, and that is going to do it for us. January third, in the books, We're back on Monday with a new episode, yes that we will be recording on Monday to tell you everything that happened over the past couple weeks while we were recording episodes like this and relaxing. So we will talk to you all then. I hope everybody has a nice, RESTful holiday weekend and we'll talk to you all on Monday. Bye bye,