Speaker 1: It's time the Stela Crackers bring.
Speaker 2: We will see you to's the Gunner.
Speaker 3: Welcome one, hang Out, Welcome to the Just Baseball Show. It is Sunday, July twenty six. That's Jackie Fallon. I'm Peter apple Jack. Get those damn fingers ready because it's time for the weekend round up, where we recapped every game that was over the past weekend with plenty of takeaways. But first we're gonna start with a big time trade. Connolly Early is headed over to the Washington Nationals, Curtis Mead is a Boston Red Sox, and it's all brought to you by bet MGM. If you haven't signed up for bet MGM yet, first of all, what are you doing? Use bonus code just Baseball when signing up and you will get up to a fifteen hundred dollars new player offer on your first wager with bet MGM. Here so how it works. Just download the bet mgm app and sign up using bonus code just Baseball. Deposit at least ten bucks and place your first wager on any game, and if that bet loses, you'll receive up to fifteen hundred bucks in bonus bets. Jack we got a lot of baseball to cover, and we're gonna get a lot of baseball to cover. Yeah, a lot of baseball to cover. I want to start with the trade, and I want to start with your first reaction to the Curtis Mead for Connolly early trade? Was it the last time Curtis Mead was traded for a lefty? Was Christopher Sanchez? Was that your first reaction?
Speaker 1: No? My first reaction was, wasn't this guy in like March and the answers yes, and the White Sox what dfa'd him? And then Washington picked him up, and I thought Mead was gonna be one of those guys that was just gonna bounce a round, bounce around, and then all of a sudden, somebody's gonna outright him. But Mead blossomed into one of the better short platoon bats in baseball, and he pushed the point where Brady House was sent to Rochester and House credit to him in his first game back from Triple A after the Mead trade, doubles twice. He was two for four. So House was a guy that, like Washington, could have absolutely taken their lumps and run him out at third base every day. But Mead, with the way he swung the bat early earned the opportunity to play every.
Speaker 3: Day at third base.
Speaker 1: He has not been a good defensive third baseman, but he was someone that thrusted himself into this newfound riches approach to the Washington National.
Speaker 3: Season this year.
Speaker 1: I think Paul Tiboni is doing backflips right now because while Wood is a possible future MVP playing like a possible future MVP, Abrams has gone beyond, honestly anything that I had forecasted for him.
Speaker 3: I knew CJ.
Speaker 1: Abrams was a good player, I didn't know he was this and especially doing this after the break is great. Foster Griffin felt like that could have been a good signing this offseason. I didn't know he'd be like this. Cavally I figure fully healthy Kvali for a year, it could be solid. I didn't know it could look like this. There are a lot of, I guess like unredeeming qualities of the Nationals, their bullpen being first and foremost and then sixty percent of their rotation. But the end of the day, like they have found so many newfound riches this year, and Mead was probably the most house money of them. All so, for a guy that's been designated for assignment this year and was picked up this year, the fact that you can turn him into one of the brighter young left handed pitchers in Major League Baseball is amazing. And I don't think I'm being hyperbolic, but I call Connolly Early that when he's been on the mound in his major league career, this guy's been really good. Connie Early threw his ass off in the Wildcard Series. We've talked about that. Schlitler was just better in the wild Card Series last year. Early coming back from elbow inflammation like he'll be back, he'll be ready to make some starts for Washington, it seems like in mid to late August, and then push in September. With them, this felt like a mutually beneficial deal because they were both trading from.
Speaker 3: A place of surplus.
Speaker 1: And that was immediately like my stream of consciousness thought at midnight last night when I was sitting there, and then I had fun with the Christopher Sanchez thing.
Speaker 3: So I want to throw another question to you, but real quick, I want to read this comment from our YouTube comment section. It comes to us from Joe Davis three to one two started watching you guys a few years ago when I was trying to get into baseball. You guys have turned me into a huge fan of the game and your passion is so great to listen to. Keep it up. Really appreciated, Joe, and thank you to everybody joining us here live on YouTube. The best way to support this show just by smashing like button and subscribe button, and if you're listening to us on audio after the fact, same thing, leaving a five star review would be very, very helpful. So you did say that it was you thought it was mutual, both teams trading from a surplus, that overall you like it for both sides, but you did focus primarily on the Connolly Early side, because I know you're a big fan of Connolly Early, and who isn't He's pitched to a three four four ERA this season. I think he's one of five pictures podcast Peak. Can you pull it up from our brilliant Twitter team, they put out that Connolly Early since he debuted, is one of five left handed starters who has a strikeout per nine over nine meaning one batter per nine inning and an ERA below three five zero. So really really start solid start to Connolly Early's career. But it seems like you like it more for the Nationals. Would that be fair to say.
Speaker 1: I am buying what Paul Tiboni is selling right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like it more for Washington. Yeah. I think it's really good process too, Like the fact that they picked up Curtis Meade for basically nothing and we're able to then flip him to the Red Sox for a picture of Connolly Early's caliber.
Speaker 1: And a guy that Tiboni tried. Guys that to BONI know as well. Obviously he came from the Boston Red Sox organization.
Speaker 3: You know what was really cool too. I was listening to a clip where Paul Deboni was being interviewed about the trade, and they asked, because you know Early so much, did it make this trade any easier? And he actually said no, it made it harder. Because I didn't want to influence the rest of the room into how much I liked this guy, so I just basically shut up and let the rest of them come to their own conclusions about Connolly Early. I thought that was some really cool insight. You never really hear that so real quick. If you are a Nationals fan, like you've got to be over the moon at the job that this guy has done so far. The coolest thing that I've heard Peter Bendix say, the Marlins president of baseball operations, is I'm aware of what I don't know and what I may not be best at, and he surrounds himself. And here's the note from our Twitter team, kind of the early made his major league debut on September ninth of last year, one of only five left handed starters since that day with me below three five and more than a punch out per inning. So yeah, Washington certainly got a good one.
Speaker 1: But one of the favorite things that I've heard Peter Bendix say for the last year and a half of just getting to work for the Marlins is he is very acutely aware of what he doesn't know and how he can surround himself with people who do know it. And I think Paul Timony stems from a similar line of thinking, where he's going to defer to the group and he trusts the people that he hires. Like at the end of the day, that's kind of leadership one oh one. Make sure that weaknesses are covered by the people that you hire, so you are the best organization is humanly possible. I think the Marlins are doing a really good job of that. I think Paul Timoney and Washington is doing a really good job of that. Tampa has been doing that forever, Milwaukee, Cleveland, there are a whole bunch of examples. Dodgers can't leave them out. Washington looks like a well oiled machine.
Speaker 3: In the early goings, no doubt about it. I think the Nationals did well. I want to get that out of the way. But what I will say say is I put out a video today saying that I think the Red Sox are going to get the better end of this deal. Now, what I will say is the Nationals got the higher floor. I think Connolly early at the worst, is going to be a four starter. Remember when he had when we had him on the show, and the biggest thing that jumped out to me was how mature he was. Right, he's twenty four. Now, this was back in November when he was twenty three years old. How fearless he was not surprising that he was unfazed at Yankee Stadium. Has this military background. It's like you just couldn't get this guy to get out of his own zone, which I think is excellent makeup for a starter long term. Right, He's not going to get too high and he's not going to get too low. And the Nats absolutely need young, controllable pitching. And I think his floor is really really high. I don't know what the high end Connolly early looks like. Right. Do you even look at the three four four era? Right now? You look at his sierra, it's like four oh three and a couple other underlying metrics and probably the next fips, Yeah, exactly, like a four to two. I think that's probably where he ends up as a pitcher. But he's still a really damn good pitcher. Moving over to the Curtis Mead side, this feels like a tangible change that is going to continue now. Craig Breslo is making the bet that it will, but I think i'd make the bet with him for a couple of reasons. Number one, completely different play discipline from year over year. Curtis Mead used to be a guy who was swing happy, chase outside of the zone a lot rock a strike rate in the mid twenty percents, lower than average walk rate of just five percent. But you see the jump up and walk rate to eleven point nine percent. You see the decrease in strike out rate to nineteen percent. This guy is just swinging a lot less. I've heard a lot about the Brewers, and there's some great YouTube videos online about the Brewers approach and how they swing less than a lot of teams and the routinely at the top of the league in walk rate. And it's easy. Don't swing at bad pitches outside of the zone, wait for your pitch inside the zone and crush it. And that's exactly what Meat has done this season. So he's even seen an uptick in batted ball quality. But another reason I like the fit in Fenway is his batted ball profile. It's a lot of line drives to left field, and line drives to left field when you're playing at Fenway with the Green Monster is going to lead to a lot of doubles. And so he's posted a one thirty five WRC plus this season, which is thirty five percent better than league average. But he's also rocking a babbep batting average on balls and play less than two seventy. So I think there's reason to believe that he could even have a better end of the season than what he's done so far with Washington. And you said earlier that he was a strong or short side of the platoon guy, and I think he was in the past. He was in the beginning, Yeah, exactly. Give him a lot of credit. He's got an ops over eight hundred against both righty's and lefties, so of course he's going to crush lefties for the Red Sox. But he is an e three day bat that can perpetually be an eight hundred ohps guy, and I wouldn't be surprised again to see twenty homers and thirty doubles a season. Now. I think the defense is the big question mark. You go to his savant profile and you see like negative nine outs above average. I think he's playing out of position right. Some of that's at first base, some of that is at third base. He's actually graded out above average when it comes to defensive run saved when he was playing for Tampa at plus two. I think ultimately he's going to be a passable defender where you can kind of put him wherever, and he's going to give you average, maybe slightly blow, maybe slightly above in some spurts. But I just really believe in the bat. I believe in the plate discipline changes, and I believe in what's resulted in excellent quality of contact, and I love the fit and Fenway. So it's riskier, which is not surprising. I like the Red Sox side, you like the National side, the way we think about baseball away, Yeah, but I'm willing to take this rate. I think Breslo is gonna get this one right ultimately, and I think i'd rather have need long term.
Speaker 1: We'll see it. Sounds like I'm saying this facetiously. I promise I'm not What does this mean for Christian Campbell? I'm being totally serious, and I'll take it a step from what does this mean for Meyer? Like I'm I'll take it as far as you want to take it. But I think that the writing's on the wall for Christian Campbell and he turns into one of those Miles Straw. Oh, he's making this amount of money playing Triple A baseball. It's really hard for me to figure out a way with Mead and his four more years of control making way for Christian Campbell again on big money and listen, You're gonna find a way to get Campbell's bat in the lineup if his bat is deemed major league quality. But I mean, come on, man, Like, I'm looking at the future of the Red Sox infield, and when we were trying to paint the picture of Meyer and Campbell holding down the infield while Roman's in the outfield, it just doesn't really look like that anymore. It looks like it's going to be Durbin at third. It looks like it's going to be Meat at second, and you'll figure the rest of it out, and Sadan's going to play center, and Roman's going to be in a corner outfield spot. Maybe a Bray is going to be in a corner outfield spot.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's really incredible the way the conversation around the Red Sox infield has changed. Meat is an answer for them long term. And I thought it was cool from the Red Sox perspective, going to identify a guy instead of like a rental that has an eight hundred ops, going to identify a guy and paying for me because you know you already have totally and you already have Jake Bennett. I think the emergence of Jake Bennett made this thing pretty easy for Breslo to stomach.
Speaker 3: And say, yeah, you know what, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Washington would probably tell you they would like Jake Bennett back, but Paul Tivoni probably has a lot of faith in the Luis Parles as well, and Tivone gets to reunite with Connie Early. I do want to dissect this real quick from the Washington side, and we'll go quick through this series, I'm sure, but real quick from the Washington side. They just can't pitch, like again, point blank period. They can't pitch. Foster Griffin can pitch Kavali Ken. They're over five hundred and they can't pitch. And I'm saying that about twelve of the fourteen arms or eleven of the thirteen arms that they have contractually obligated themselves too. And now you get to add connollye Early with the fold. If you give them a chance to win three out of five days based on who the starting pitcher is and they don't move Foster Griffin, this team can totally be a wild card contender.
Speaker 3: They're alive. They've won three straight series after the Ulstar break again, still sit above five hundred. Real quick, though, going back to Christian Campbell for a second, think he's closer to the majors or double A. He's slugging three twenty five check.
Speaker 1: I think he's firmly planted at Polar Park in woostep.
Speaker 3: I think he could be making ten million dollars a year at Hya. No, that's me. It's me, But it's just yes. With Campbell, it's just such a fall from grace. But it was also the grace was so short. It was like he had this unbelievable season in the minor leagues, comes up, gets paid immediately, and then just falls kind of goes to show a hard baseball is. It's like you never really know. And again, going back to the trade, the Red Sox are taking a risk with Meat, right, he hadn't done anything until now. We'll see, so I understand certainly why the Nationals did it. But I gotta tell you, I think Brezlo is gonna get the right one here. And I like Curtis Meat a lot. But I think it's time to talk series, and we got a banger series up. First, you're up Dodgers versus Mets.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, all right, So breaking this first one down. The Dodgers did take two or three, Mets took the series finale on Sunday, Game one went to the Dodgers for to two, the only game in baseball where these two teams did not wear the Hall of Fame weekend hats. By the way, humongous congratulations to Carlos Beltron, to Andrew Jones, to Jeff Kent and as well Joe Buck winning the Ford Sea Frick Awards. So really cool to see all the festivities in Cooperstown on Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 3: But real quick, quick, Joe Buck is my gout is my gut? Just putting that out there. He's gut. He's awesome. I think they're all great.
Speaker 1: Only game in baseball again where they didn't wear the Hall of Fame weekend hats because Emma Stone needed to fill a film a rom com at the ballpark. The rom com, apparently, is called The Catch and Google Gemini the Ai thing on Google now.
Speaker 3: Thanks Son Darpa.
Speaker 1: Chai tells me that Hollywood insiders describe it as a mix.
Speaker 3: Of Bull Durham and Nodding Hill. That's exciting.
Speaker 1: Luis Robert open scoring with a solo shot. Francisco Albarez also homered, but a paarasack Flies paved the way. For a Kyle Tucker two run shot in the eighth inning. Roki Sasaki really good start, seven innings a one run ball. Roki Sasaki ended up punching out nine. It's one of his better starts this year. Of course, he does it against the Met offense. So we were talking about Rokie's breakout after he shoved against the LA Angels. Game two also went to the Dodgers, four to three. Back to the Hall of Fame Caps, I guess Emmastona filmed her scene that she needed a film. Kyle Tucker opened scoring homering in his second game in a row for the first time as an LA Dodger. RBI Ground Out Pass Ball Title Bowl one a three run third inning for LA. The Mets made it tight late, but Brock Stewart got his first save since twenty twenty three and Yoshinobo Yamamodo got win number eleven on his year. He fired six innings of one run ball. Yama Moodo on the heels of that complete game right against the Yankees, he throws. He throws a seven innings at one run ball against the Mets.
Speaker 3: Game three went to the Mets eight to three.
Speaker 1: The final score the Dodgers jumped out to a three run lead, but Tyrone Taylor he blasted a three run shot in the sixth Marcus Semion also a three run home run in the seventh EMMT. Shechan his name's been thrown out a lot. He might have made his last impression with the Dodgers. He threw five innings of one run ball. So again, that is the series. Dodgers take it to one.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of takeaways from the series, just because we know what the Dodgers are and unfortunately for the Mets, we know who they are and they're out of it and they're selling. It's been fun to see a couple of other young bats. I really like aj Ewing at the top of the lineup. It's nice to see Lindor, you know hitting sucks. About the Sodo injury, what really can you do? And we'll of course talk about the Mets later this week when it comes to the trades. We already talked about him last week. All that, but just focusing on this series, I really have one takeaway. I almost just want to workshop some thoughts because you know me, I'm very opinionated. I don't know what to say about Roki Sasaki. I don't know what to say because every single time I watch a start where he dominates. Right, if we're looking at that start, what was it against the Angels? Again? I know it's the Angels, But that day when he was throwing one hundred miles an hour and that splitter was working, I said, it doesn't matter if it was the Angels, nobody was gonna hit him. That day, seven innings, two hits, a ton of k's looked awesome. And then he has these starts where I think you should be a bullpen arm. Why are you in the rotation? What are the Dodgers doing? And then he turns in a start like this against the Mets, and I say, I think he's the third best pitcher in this Dodgers rotation. But Yamamoto and Otai, I don't know what to do with him because when he's great, I want all I want to do is watch him. And when he's bad, he is bad, and I get it. He's still young, still maturing. The Dodgers are in a position where they can handle some of his bad starts. They'd take a loss whatever. I think. The Diamondbacks are ten and a half games back then, so they could. He's still on a minor league type deal. He's still really young. They can afford to just let him run. I guess my thing, it goes into the playoffs when Yamamoto is back snow Glass down o'tawni and who knows, maybe scooble. I assume he's not getting starts in the playoffs. That does he then turn into a bullpen arm. I just don't know what he is. Do you know what he is? No?
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody has any idea. And I think that's the million dollar question. And it's why Dave Roberts is making the money he is, and it's why he's been the manager for as long as he has been. He's gonna make the right decision with a rookie Sasaki, and I don't think the best foot forward for them is him starting a playoff game because of how finnicky it is. So yeah, I think there's a world that we see him throw a very high leverage eighth in October. But you know what, ride out the rest of August as a starting pitcher, and let's reset, let's huddle, let's recalibrate at the end of August and talk about what we need to talk about with him.
Speaker 3: I know, just over his last two starts, especially against the Yankees too, and then that last start against the Mets, like he just came to New York. It absolutely conquered, just conquered both of them. And when he's right, he's awesome. When he's wrong, it's bad, bad, And I don't know what to think about him. I'm gonna lean good just because I like the good too much. I'm leaning good. I hear you, all right?
Speaker 1: Next series, yep, Okay, Let's go to San Diego and Miami and uh.
Speaker 3: We can pretend this one never happened. You want to just give it?
Speaker 1: Uh. San Diego got the series sweep over the Marlins in Miami at Lone Depot Park. Game one went to the Padres four to two. Marlin's got their two runs on a pair of solo shots from Joe mack and aribertzo Hernandez Jackson. Merrill had a sacrifice fly, Manny Machado had an RBI single, but the big swing was a Luis ren Heapo to run home run in the top of the eighth inning in a pinch hit played appearance. It was just his second homer on the year he played about sixty games with Milwaukee, he did not homer. He's now homeered twice in like eight games with San Diego. This is going to be a common theme throughout the weekend. The Padre bullpen, on the heels of the effectively glorified opener Herman Marquez, worked six and two thirds innings of one run ball. Game two went to San Diego seven to two. Padres ty France opened it up with a two run singles part of a three RBI day, and five of the seven San Diego runs came in the back third of the ball came the seventh to eighth and the ninth Uri Perez seven innings of three run ball through a career high one hundred and four pitches, but the San Diego bullpen, behind a glorified opener in Randy Vasquez, six and a third of one run ball.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Game three went to the Padres five to three San Diego. The Marlins played two in the bottom of the second and Kyle Stowers added a solo shot to make it three to nothing. But the beginning for San Diego was in the top of the eighth, when Manny Machado tied it with a two run home run to center Jackson Merrill put him ahead with a solo homer to right center field, and Luis Campasano added another with an RBI single. The San Diego bullpen three and two thirds innings of one hit shutout baseball. A note here. If I were to tell you that Fernando Tatis went oh for thirteen on the weekend and they would still sweep, what would you say? Who would you say were the big boppers? Because if you said Meryl, that's fine. If you said Machado, that's fine. If you said France, that's fine. If you said Jake Cronenworth, congratulations, you would apprize.
Speaker 3: So I think the biggest story here is twelve straight losses for the Marlins, the most enfranchised history. They were the best team in baseball in June. Now they are arguably the worst team in baseball in July. It's weird. And we were even talking offline, like it's hard to contextualize that when a team is just going like this, slightly up, slightly down. For all those watching on YouTube, you see my hand, it's almost like a straight line. You win a series, you lose a series. You win a series that can be frustrating in its own right, but at least you kind of have a better gauge to your team. When you win as much as the Marlins did in June and then you lose as much as the Marlins did in July, it's impossible to really know what you got because you've seen what it looks like when it's good and it's amazing, and you've seen what it looks like when it's bad and it's bad. So how do you mesh the two? And that's why I'm fascinated to see what Peter Bendix of the Marlins is going to do with this deadline, how he views this team come the August third trade deadline. But I think maybe equally as big of a story, certainly for Padres fans, is they're hitting. They're hitting. What if I said all season long, Jack, I've ridiculed this team because I can't watch him on TV anymore because they just don't hit. They don't hit. In the National League. They were averaging the least amount of runs per game of any team until July hit, where they've been a top ten offense. Ty Frantz won seventy WRC plus Jackson Merrill is starting to hit the baseball many. Machada was having an excellent July. You already mentioned Crona Worth and Tatis. They're starting to put it together. And when you have a lineup hitting like this with a bullpen like this, they can sacrifice a below average rotation and that's where you can see them start to win games. However, we need to see them win games against other teams than the Marlins right now, just because the Marlins are in this historic hole for themselves. Let's see you carry it over into future series. And I was going to say to convince aj Preller to buy, but I don't even think he's watching the games. I think he's buying no matter what. But at least convince the locker room that once you bring in pieces, you can really go on a run here. So it's a very nice time for the Padres to get hot offensively.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you, point blank, period. I think San Diego and AJ Preler needed this weekend to point to and say this is why we're buying.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Like this was the weekend where they solidified themselves as buyers. They're in even five hundred, they're fifty three and fifty three right now, if they're at five hundred, they're buying.
Speaker 3: They're probably not moving Miller.
Speaker 1: There is still a world that they can move morehone because they can probably stomach that. There is a world that they move morehone and Wandi Parolta because they can probably still stomach that to a certain extent. You wonder what a rental morohone could get you, And you wonder if it's a young starting pitcher like Mason Miller can get you a bona fide front line starter. Mason Miller could get you George Kirby from.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't think Mason Miller is off the table, because if you keep morohone and you have Jason Adam, and you have Jeremiah Strata, and you have Wandi Parolta, and you have all of these guys, maybe you could sacrifice your all world closer in exchange for a elite starting pitcher like that could be the return. So that's why with Preller, don't take anything off the table. Ever, that's number one rule. With Preller. They could be ten games over five hundred and still sell Miller. Like Preller operates in a different world. So while I agree with the thesis, he's the one GM where we can't predict shit. Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I think that Morohone is like the slam dunk move him because he's going to get a bag this offseason. And does San Diego have the flexibility to give him a bag? I don't know. Morohone is younger than thirty years old. He will be hitting free agency, and he's a lefty that throws one hundred and one on his best days, and it is a bowling ball, and it's a sixty two percent ground ball rate. For my money, I think he's the best left handed believer in Major League Baseball right now. And I know that Hater exists. I think Morohone is more consistent than Hater right now. To be honest with you, Chapman Chapman, Chapman exists too, and Peyton said Tanner Scott, I disagree. I'll take Brett Headrick Brent Hendrick. Yeah, I can totally take on Brent Hendrick. Chapman's a fair shout. Hater's a fair shout. Tanner Scott's not a fair shout.
Speaker 3: I would rather who over Tanner Scott. Yeah, I think I'd rather have Tanner Scott it's it's I was about to say he's throwing ninety seven on ours and then Morohon's throwing a hundred mid on hour bowling balls. I don't know. They're both not allowing runs, so it's they're both not allowing runs. They're nasty.
Speaker 1: I just I love the no homer and the sixty two percent groundball.
Speaker 3: Right. Respect Uncle Ted's comment right here, Jacob Blatz, Uncle he's laughing. I ain't.
Speaker 1: No, I respect the comment. I respect the comment because I appreciate I appreciate Ted watching as often as he does. And and yes, last, uncle.
Speaker 3: Ted doesn't watch you to appreciate that. Uncle Ted wants to appreciate his ball knowing ability. Jacob Blats all Star dominant season.
Speaker 1: It's a six shot. Absolutely in this conversation, it's a great shout. I just disagree. I think Morohan's the best. Left you about Bike's answer, Hoby Milner, that's a good shout, man, no doubt, no man. I think morohone is an absolute dog, and I just wonder what their deadline is going to look like. But man, at the end of the day, this Padre bullpen is absolutely diabolical, and they did something that was I think unique if you're watching the Padres for the first time, I think something that may continue to happen to the Marlins in this stretch.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 1: They opened with Marquez and Vasquez and then they immediately went to a lefty Kyle Hart for two innings, Sears for two innings. And there are some teams with glaring deficiencies against left handed pitching. And we are at the point post All Star break where you're gonna start to see the Seattle Mariners see a ton more lefties out of the bullpen. Every lefty you got, they're gonna face Seattle Bats. And the Marlins are just falling into that situation right now, and it's really weird, and you know, hope they get out of it soon. Next series up, Next series up, we have got the Astros in the White Sox and don't look now, folks, but Houston is making a run into buying and it's starting to look a little bit justified for Dana Brown right now. Houston takes two at three. Game one went to the Astros nine to five. Socks jumped out to a three nothing leading against Spencer Arraghetti, a sack, fly, a single, and a hit by pitch and we're up five to nothing after five, but Houston put up an eight run top of the sixth, highlighted by a three run double from Christian Walker and a two run shot from Cam Smith. Game two went to the Astros four to one. Houston again used a three run six on a basis clearing single from east Soak Peredes, which was exacerbated by a fielding air in right by Brayden Montgomery. It got right under his glove and it cleared them all. He had another RBI knock to give himself a true three RBI day, Hunter brown Man. That was awesome to see his bounce back start for the Astros on Saturday, ripped off seven innings a two hitch shutout baseball with seven ks and no walks. Game three, on Munataka Murakami's bobblehead Day twelve, three White Sox socks ported on late, tacked on nine in the sixth. In the seventh and the eighth, three runs from Houston came on three solo homers, two from Jeremy Panio one from Taylor Tremmel, but it was a derby for the White Sox two as Murakami, again on his Bobblehead Day and the same weekend that they released the White Sox sushi push pops.
Speaker 3: You see those.
Speaker 1: Murrai Kami had a multi homer day numbers twenty one and twenty two and route to a six RBI day with Miguel Vargas, Chase Mydraw and Junior Perez homering as well. Mura Kami Man. They are starting to cash in on Murrai Kami Mania, moon Ay Mania, whatever you want to call it, I've got it. It's amazing what this guy can do. But Houston, dude, they are looking like they can be that team that gets hot in the American League in the final two months. They need pitching help, but I'm not counting them out of any conversation right now.
Speaker 3: It's funny with the Astros right now during this hot streak, at least I'm not talking. I think you're right when we're looking at the totality of the team and kind of what they proved over the entire season. But if we're just looking at this recent hot streak, I think it's actually been more pitching than offense, because when I look at their offense, I feel like it's a two man show and it's a damn good two man show. Your Don is just he's running out of words to describe him. He's on a different level. Jeremy Pania is so freaking good right now. And Eastak Parades. I was kind of disrespectful calling you too, Manchow. It's a count three men that you mentioned exactly. It is a three man show. Paraides just isn't quite on the level that Paynia and Jordon have been. I disagree. I think right now Parades is on that level. Yeah, just by WRC plus in July, like one versus two twenty. But you're right, he's been awesome. I don't want to disrespect him. What's been most impressive for me, Jack is this bullpen Because we talk about Hater and we love Hater, but how about Brian and Bray you putting it together. But it's the guys also in the middle, like Anniel del Santos, Steven o'kurt and I know Peter Lambert didn't pitch this weekend, but dear God, he's been awesome for them. It's just been a godsend for this rotation that has dealt with injuries over and over and over again. And Peter Lambert has just been the guy where every fifth day you feel good about winning, and he's been winning a lot of his starts, right, because the Ashers only need to score a couple of runs and this bullpen is really coming in to shut the door. So again I'm hesitant to buy in because again, Jack right, they won five in a row loss on Sunday to the White Sox to get up to fifty two and fifty five. This team is still three games under five hundred, sure, and it's the leaders a game over mind you exactly. It's the constant conversation of and I'm as sincere when I say this. I only tell you what I see on the television. I don't see a good team. I don't. But at the same time, I don't see a lot of other good teams in the American League. So that's been really tough to break down this year. Is teams who I don't think should buy in a vacuum, Teams who I don't think are all that good, are right in the thick of it, and all it takes is a couple of games for them to get hot. Because the Astros were almost ten games under five hundred before this recent hot streak, but now they win five in a row and all of a sudden, they're getting hot, you know what I mean. But I'm definitely not counting them out of it.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 3: The whole American League is Roki Sasaki. I don't know what to say. I hear you on that.
Speaker 1: I think that they can push enough chips forward to get enough help. I think they have some long term issues, like I think that they have some long term catching issues.
Speaker 3: R Diaz is.
Speaker 1: Probably not the guy for the long term. They also were just dealt so many freaking injuries at the beginning of the year. This is the healthiest that they've been, far and away the healthiest that they've been, So I don't know curious to see them play through the final two months, but it's either going to be quiet or they're going to sneakily add And they're a team that I'm not putting away until September twelfth.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, you could never put away the Astros. And I also want Ashros fans, all of them listening, to understand I'm not singling out your team. I feel the same way about you guys as I feel about pretty much everyone in the American League. The Rangers are atop the division. I think they're the best team in the division. Doesn't mean I think they're good. Yeah right, They just happened to be, in my opinion, a little bit better than you guys. Yeah, that's it, And that's what we're talking about right now. All right.
Speaker 1: Next series I've got for you, Colorado and Milwaukee. This one went to the Brewers two games to one, but Colorado took this series opener five to two before the Legends game at amfam really cool thing that they did. A whole bunch of former players played a three inning game on the heels of that. That's why it was a Friday afternoon game. I thought it was really special. The Brewer runs, they came on solo shots from Christian Yelich and Bryce terrang Colorado ripped off two in the first and runs in the third, the fourth, and the seventh. Tomo Yuki Chigano tenth win on the year, Jordan Romano eighth save on the year. Rock to stand up Game two eight five, Brewers of the Rockies. Milwaukee jumped in front with the two runs second kept by Cooper Pratt's second big league homer, Hunter Goodman ripped a two run single on the fourth to tie it, but Milwaukee would keep on pushing. Cooper Pratt, Luis Laura accounted for three RBIs apiece, Robert Gasser a quality start, Lancemacculors made it interesting at the end. He walked four, allowed three runs at an inning and two thirds innings, and was promptly DFAD On Sunday morning, game three eleven two Milwaukee. The weekend preview, as always is presented by Piket And when we were talking on the weekend preview, you highlighted Brewers Rockies and I asked you why did you pick this game to highlight? And you said it might be the most mismatched game ever, and you called two position players pitching. That didn't happen, but it felt like the most mismatched game ever because Jacob Izarowski was on the mound and Milwaukee won eleven to two. The miz struck out the first seven, he saw well with the first thirteen and finished five innings facing.
Speaker 3: One over the minimum.
Speaker 1: With those twelve strikeouts, the only base runner against him was a Cole Carrig solo homer, but Misarowski lowered his season long Yaeda one point five to eight. He threw eighty three pitches fifty nine for strikes in those five innings. He sat average sat one oh two point eight miles an hour. With the heater, he sat one oh three. He topped out at one oh four point seven. He bottomed out. He threw what sixty six four seam fastballs. The slowest one one hundred point three miles an hour. Of the sixty six he threw, he topped out at one o four to seven. The average was one O two eight, and he bottomed out at one hundred point three. He was eighty percent fastball twenty two whiffs on the four seam fastball on forty four swings, so a fifty percent whiff rate on the fastball twenty five whiffs in total. Offensively, Cooper Pratt, Luis Laura, Andrew Vaughn all had multi RBI days. When you limit Jacob Izerowski's workload and you tell him he's only gonna go five, you're gonna see things you've never seen before on a baseball field.
Speaker 3: That's my take from this weekend. I think in the next CBA they should have real conversations about Jacob Mizerowski and banning his curveball, because it's one thing for him to be able to throw one hundred and four miles an hour. It's one thing for him to have that slider. When he drops this ninety one mile hour curveball, jack a giggle like a little schoolgirl. It's such a shocking pitch to watch because it's from the same arm slot, you can't tell. And this thing drops off the table again at ninety one miles an hour. There's still a fourteen mile hour difference between that and his fastball, So he's getting the velocity separation on a curveball that's ninety one what it's just unfair. He is an unfair pitcher. It's like You're and m'bi the Show and you make him six', six you give him the longest arms in, baseball and you push all the sliders, up and you, say this guy's going to throw as hard as the video game will let.
Speaker 1: Me AND i hope that's not even doing him.
Speaker 3: Justice yeah it is. IT i don't know how to do him, Justice Like i'm. NOT i don't have the words to do him. Justice but with that extension down the, mound at that, velocity he is just simply an unfair picture for anybody to be in the box and to see The rockies attempt to get a foul ball felt like a foul ball was more like When cole carrag took HIM. OPO i immediately Said cole carrog should get some sort of prize like he he's The. Rocky should extend him, immediately or at LEAST mlb should come in and just give him at least half of What Jordan walker wont in the home run. Derby i'm not saying you have to give him the whole, purse but he deserves. Something he deserves. Something that's how Good miserowski is right.
Speaker 1: Now, DUDE i like you almost feel like he should be awarded in the in the pre r bonus, pool you know What i'm talking, About like the war payout that these guys are getting each off season, Now, yeah like. Schemes after his cy young, season Pre art got like a check for four million.
Speaker 3: Dollars, yeah like, you We karg should get a prize And Jakob mizerowski should clearly get a. Prize two other brewers THAT i want to focus, on, yeah the Devil magic In, Milwaukee Luis laura And cooper proud are. Awesome it's not devil magic is because, NO i, know it's their development at twenty. One they're paying these guys before they even, debut and they have like a week and a half adjustment. Period, Yeah ted gabs and look at him. NOW i think they combined for six RBIs On sunday or On saturday If i'm Not.
Speaker 1: Saturday and then four On sunday they're twenty.
Speaker 3: One it was the most combined RBIs by two players twenty one years or younger In burwh's. History remember they also Had. Churio what a year ago be twenty one years. Old they're JUST i don't know what to say About milwaukee. Anymore they're they're, smarter, better, faster. Cooler let me get in my history bag real.
Speaker 1: QUICK i Think Robin yaut played like three games before he turned twenty, two or played like three years before he turned twenty. Two, Yeah Robin. Yaut his fifth season Of Major league baseball was his age twenty two.
Speaker 3: Season he debuted. Eighteen that's kind of. Sick that is. SICK i, Know robin y out all.
Speaker 1: Right last series THAT i have for you Is Angels giants In San francisco and this one went the way Of San. Francisco giants took two of. Three game one a winner in walk off fashion seven Six giants and Ten Nolan shannawell started it off with AN rbi single in the top of the. First Raffie devers gave The giants a with a two run shot in the bottom of the first, inning And Casey schmidt smoked his twenty first. Homer it was a three run bomb to make it five to. One Tyler heineman had a two run, triple the third triple of his major league. CAREER i, Thought heyeman has been in the league for a, while and the, answers, yes seven, years but he's only played like two hundred and ten.
Speaker 3: Games so third triple, Too with that what you.
Speaker 1: Will Von grissom tied the game of the two run shot in the, eighth But devers was the. Hero he, won hopped a single off the wall and left for a walkoff knock in the bottom of the. Tenth game two went To San france, again nine to. Two San francisco had a five run third and a four run fourth to account for their, scoring With Jung Hu lee And Rafael devers each accounting for a three run. Homer devers had a three, hit FOUR rbi. Day Robbie ray fantastic in maybe his Final giant, start six. Scoreless he lowered A zlra on the year to three point one. Six game three went to The halos four to. Three angels jumped out to a four to zhing, lead highlighted by a three run fourth, inning the solo shot From Jorge soler in a two run home run From Joe. Addell San francisco got the game close for the two run double From Luisa rise in the, ninth but he was stranded in scoring position to end the. GAME i wouldn't blame you if you didn't watch a minute of this, series because these are two teams that are.
Speaker 3: BURIED i actually DID i did you? KNOW i Watched Baseball. Weekend here's my main, takeaway because what is there really to take away from two teams who were out of it at this? Point The giants Traded Patrick bailey and then just did it an address catcher at.
Speaker 1: All they just punted it Like eric has stand. Up.
Speaker 3: WHY i, mean they must Love Matt wilkinson or really thought that comp a pick twenty. Ninth, overall it's a good. PICK i get, like why that trade in a vacuum makes sense for The. Giants but correct me If i'm, Wrong. Jack do they have this top prospect coming up the minor leagues at the catching. Position, no they don't have AN mlb, Answer why why'd you do? It you're just putting Out Daniel sussac who can't. Hit AND i, think what's his, Name? Kavanaugh Drew? Kavanaugh is that his? Name, Yeah Drew. Cavanaugh he hasn't done. Anything they just decided we're going to trade our catcher and not address.
Speaker 1: It it took a high school Arm Carson mouleman really hope that works out for.
Speaker 3: Him it's Just Buster posey continues to make decisions THAT i just don't. Understand and this is another one WHERE i, thought, oh, well, here there's gonna be a supplemental, move, right you're going to bring in a different, catcher maybe in your eyes on somebody, else maybe at a top prospect coming. Up he wanted to give him more. Run, no we're just not gonna have a. Catcher, really, yeah that's my.
Speaker 1: Takeaway, Cool, YEAH i think that's ALL i got on this. One take us To peanuts and then to your series.
Speaker 4: Peanuts Just baseball's number one ranked peanut prospect is none other than The Hampton farms In shell Peanut hit tool plus plus that crack of the shell is elite power easy plus seven grams of protein per serving makeup great source of fiber In america's number one in shell. Brand this is a five tool Snack Future value eighty. Grade get the top peanut prospect in the produce aisle or twenty five percent off At hamptonfarms dot com with code Just. Baseball that's one, word just baseball for twenty five percent off At hamptonfarms dot.
Speaker 3: Com raise Versus guardians In Tampa game, One raise, one eleven to. Three Ryan valade started The tampa offensive onslot with the two run homer in the second and then a three run fourth from The. Rays just put this one out of. Reach nick Four tes led the charge with a four for four, day And, mullins De, luca And simpson all had multiple hits And pelasios went. Yard McClanahan was really solid through five, innings two, hits one run to Lower zer to three h, nine and he picked up his ninth win of the. Season But Joey cantillo on the other side got crushed for five earned in three plus, innings But Austin hedges went yard For. Cleveland game, two raised win three to. Zero Nick martinez just continues to, dominate going six shutout innings with four, hits no walks in five k's to Lower zerra to two four, five picking up his tenth win in the. Process cam And arrow started it off For tampa in the fifth with AN rbi double and that ended up being all they. Needed bybee on the other side For, cleveland gave them a quality, start but if you don't, score you can't. Win and Then game, three same. Story you can't, score you won't. Win raise win one to. Zero Both Parker messek And Drew rasmussen were awesome messik seven and two, thirds one run. Allowed barrasmussen didn't allow a, run only allowed one. Hit he's knocking on the door That Cy young race while striking out nine over seven. Innings only run in this game came on A Cedric mullen's bunt single that Scored Chandler simpson and The rays. Sweep this was a, very very very tough series For cleveland number, one because you see The White sox losing two out of three to The. Astros you're hoping to game. Ground but watching This cleveland offense this season was like watching paint. Dry they Had they scored what three runs this? Weekend not, Good, jack not good at, that not.
Speaker 1: Great back to back shutouts On saturday And. Sunday That sunday game was baseball the way the gods, intending.
Speaker 3: Way our grandpa's. Wish it was the way Johns altz. Wishes.
Speaker 1: Please ACTUALLY i think they they watch that.
Speaker 3: And say this is. Awful last, THOUGH i need more time in. BETWEEN i need guys their battle, gloves screw the.
Speaker 1: Pitchclock that was a comically hilarious, game and it brought me back to a few years ago That Guardians Ray's Wild card series where it was scoreless until like the fifteenth inning And Oscar gonzalez had a walk off solo homer number.
Speaker 3: Two we were gonna go live after that, game and we're sitting there just, like oh my, goodness what are we gonna do a live at two in the.
Speaker 1: Morning who's NOT i think it was a day, game but it's, like who's not gonna ground out to? Short it was everybody who was just grounding out to short, LIKE i, mean we saw it two and this was four or five years, AGO i, Think AND i mean we're just sitting here saying like these might be the two worst playoff offenses we've ever. Seen my favorite meme that came from this Is cleveland tweeted out the final score of the one nothing final score graphic On sunday, said not a good weekend and credit to At jay Ram enjoyer ON.
Speaker 3: X just put this.
Speaker 1: Up it was A dm from The guardians. Yoke can you hit the?
Speaker 3: Photoshop? YEAH i thought that was so. Good i'm telling, you, man This guardian's, offense they gotta find some power. BATS i am hoping that they are active at the trade, deadline AND i hope they don't bring in some guy that you barely ever heard of who might hit lefties a little bit better that right handed. Bat like they got to swing if they. Gotta they want to win this division because The White sox can certainly swing, it and The guardians have the pitching in order to beat. Them they just need timely. Hitting and this was an example of a. Series that makes me nervous About cleveland long term is that this offense could just go completely dormant because if they're not stringing together base, hits they're really not scoring because they're one of the least power driven teams in all of. Baseball. Yeah, Crazy and then The rays they just they're an anacona that just squeezes the life out of.
Speaker 1: You at The, Troup Nick, Martinez i'm done. Doubting and Then. Rasmussen you mentioned knocking on the door of The Cy young. CONVERSATION i Think Dylan ce's locked that. DOOR i also Think Cam schlittler locked that door with his start In. Philly But rasmussen's gonna be like the, best like third place. FINISH i, saying he's.
Speaker 3: Right, there and he's got that same three fastball combo That schlitzler. Has it's Just schlitler throws, gas But rasmussen's command is exceptional as. Well he could throw any of his pitches wherever he wants, to and he's a dangerous. Pitcher like he's gonna be the GUY i Think jack In, october when a lot of people haven't been watching The rays, much they Watched Drew rassisen and they're, like, oh holy, shit who the hell is?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Right like THAT'S i feel like that's gonna be the guy that the larger baseball audience starts to really learn In.
Speaker 1: October, yeah AND i think people are already aware of that. NAME i also think people are just gonna Watch Nick markeuiito and be, LIKE i didn't realize it were that good this.
Speaker 3: Year you've been around for a minute and, McClanahan i, mean bounce. Back it's not it doesn't feel like quite the McClanahan of, old but it feels like eighty five percent of the McClanahan of. Old and he's got a ninety ra he's so.
Speaker 1: Good the other thing That i'm said is, like when they run out this opener To Ian seymour as a bulk, Band i'm, like, oh they're winning.
Speaker 3: TODAY i, KNOW i, know why does that? Happen and you feel so good about? It, Right it's it's. Amazing i'm just, like, Oh Ian seymour's the bulk. Guy they're. Winning like they're, Winning they're just gonna outsmart you. There all, right let's go over to D backs Versus Nationals game. One really fun, series by the. Way game, one D backs win three to. Two arizona got out to a two to zero lead Before Dylan cruz answered with a home run and we had a two to two tag going into the, seventh Where gabby moreno sackfly ended up being the winning run And Water rodriguez just keep shoving six innings a two run. Ball his heres at two six' four lttel was really solid after an opener going five innings a one, run ball but the two early Runs that Carson palm quist gave up as the opener ended up being the. Difference here, Game two NAT's win five. To three six of the eight runs in this game came to the third Inning as Gaby ma Reno got arizona on the board with a two, run SINGLE. But cj abrams answered with a two, run double And Then dalan lyle brought home two more on. A triple abrams homer in the Fifth gave washington the breathing room, it Needed As foster griffin settled down and only allowed those two RUNS that i talked about earlier while pitching into the. Seventh inning he's now twelve and two with a two SEVEN. Six elra Game three nats win ten, to seven maybe the best game of the Weekend Because james WOOD. And cj abrams did Their best Ruth and, garrig impression both hitting, two homers driving in six Of the nats. Ten runs would now has thirty jacks on. The year abrams has, twenty seven which leads. All Shortstops now Perdomo And marte homard. As well But when Woods and abrams, Do That, Brady House, jacob Young And luis garcia all have, multiple hits it's gonna be hard. To win nats take the series and again three straight series Wins Post All. STAR break i just think About this nats team who's setting records for, blown saves where three of the five starters you're at a scheduled disadvance every, single game and they're two games above. Five hundred so good this. Offense is they just. Need pitching that's all. They need.
Speaker 1: They got a Little in, connie early but he's gonna be out for a. FEW weeks i wonder how else they. ADDRESS it I Think dennis santanas still SITS in dfa limbo, Right now like just try throw thing like throw darts at the dark board with. The relievers just try whoever HITS the. Dfa Cycle so i'd be curious to See how washington goes about it at. THE deadline I don't i really don't think. THEY'RE buying i think they're very, process oriented and that's crystal clear. With me this was a fun series to keep tabs On because arizona has been playing really good Baseball and washington has been playing really good, baseball too.
Speaker 3: And this was.
Speaker 1: A SLUGFEST and i don't think either team is leaving town with their head their head held particularly high or their head sinking. PARTICULARLY low i think they both know that they're good teams, right now which.
Speaker 3: Was the only ONLY part i. DISAGREE with i Think the nats are holding their heads, up HIGH but i don't think The d backs, are, LIKE oh I.
Speaker 1: Think arizona's looking at, this like you, know what. We're hot it's okay that we dropped two, or three like. We're fine, game three they still put. Up seven it's just you ran Into A james wood C j abrams two. Homer game, it's like what are you going? To do But the nationals to then face a.
Speaker 3: Team that kind of has more of a they're just, more proven right The. D backs they're front four in. The lineup we know all About del Marte And gorban carroll And are Aldo per Domo And gabby moreno Versus, The, nationals like it's still a lot of young and generally unproven guys in. Their lineup so to take that series against again a Hot d, BACKS team i thought it was great, for morale and it just continues to be great for morale For this. Nationals team and there's just a really fun team to watch and fascinated to see what they do with. The deadline let's go Over to Cubs. Versus pirates, yeah quick, go ahead. VERY quick i need to give you Something On. Foster, griffin yeah.
Speaker 1: Go Ahead foster griffin is Eighth and baseball in innings pitched at one hundred and. Twenty, four Okay H foster griffin among the top ten and. Innings pitched he is tied for the high end Wins With christopher sanchez. At TWELVE and i know pitcher wins are kind of a, mood point but when you're twelve, and two that shit kind.
Speaker 3: Of matters what?
Speaker 1: Is cool are we not allowed to think it's COOL that i think twelve and two. IS cool i think one in twelve. IS cool i think twelve and two is cool. As Well Like Gray chase burns. Cool, RECORDS yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think either of us Are Saying foster griffin is better because he's twelve. And two but it's. Still awesome and.
Speaker 1: Here's Your foster griffin is good stat of the night to take you through the week into his. Next Start foster griffin again eighth and baseball with one hundred and twenty four. Innings pitched he's got a two SEVEN. Six era the only guys with more innings pitched and A lower Era Than foster Griffin In Major league Baseball Are, yoshinobu yamamoto who's thrown an inning and two thirds more AND the era is at two seven. To, two actually he's got a higher R. Than, griffin pardon, actually no it's four. Points lower he's at two. Seventy two griffin's at two seven. To Six So, Yoshinoba Yamamoto cam schlitzler fits this criteria, as well one hundred and thirty innings at a two, oh Seven And christopher sanchez fits this criteria one hundred and thirty three innings at a two.
Speaker 3: Sixty five.
Speaker 1: That's, It, Yamamoto schlitzler sanchez the only guys with more innings Pitch than griffin and A.
Speaker 3: Lower era best signing of, the offseason no doubt. About it one year what? EIGHT million? I think.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 3: Too. Shabby crazy let's Go to. Cubs pirates. Game one cubs win three to two in. Ten innings both starters crews through four innings before the offense has traded runs in the fifth and Sixth As henry davis drove in a run on a SINGLE and pca hit his twenty second homer of, the year one, to one heading to Extras where dansby Gave to chicago, the lead and THEN say i walked with the bases loaded just enough to hold Off IN nicknzal's rbi ground out in the. Bottom, Half now, cubs Win But jared jones stays red hot, six innings, two hits one earned. Five k's his era's down to three. Seven two we can't forget that a month AGO his era started with. A six he's been. On Fire But matthew boyd was just, as good if. Not better he only allowed one, earned run went. Seven INNINGS his era is also down to three to eight one And the cubs. Need it and Then in, Game two cubs just boat raced him eleven, to zero but it's funny sken started. This game skeins was cruising, through four but in the fifth it fell apart and then the floodgates. Just opened he ended the game with five earned over five and a third with eleven, ks though but his era's at three Six. Five, now imonaga on the, other side never got, into trouble six scoreless to Lower the aira, to three seven, to TWO and pca is just gunning FOR. That mvp he went four for five with three RBIs with a double and a, home run And, Then ramirez Swans and amaya at the bottom of the order all had multiple Hits And michael bush went three. For six But in, Game three pirates get revenge win eight. To Seven. Wild game pirates held a seven one lead, after three highlighted by home runs From Esmer, Lean Valdez sean Ross and. Ryan o'hearns was a. Grand slam Now the cubs fought all the way back with RBIs From kelly RAMIREZ, in pca But ANOTHER valdez rbi hit ended up being, the Difference as sayah, homewreed late but it. Wasn't enough James and tyon got. Obliterated Again his ara's, near Six and ashcraft is also seeing a second half downturn on. The mound he allowed four runs over. Six innings his ara is now over four. FUN series a. Lot happened we can go in a lot of, different directions but THE direction i want to go in first Is Ezmer lean valdez. Keeps, hitting yes he has fourteen homers and one hundred and twenty one. PLAYED appearances i put out. This Tweet Vladimir garro Junior And Fernando tatis junior also have fourteen home runs in over eight hundred. Plate Appearances what valdez is doing offensively For the pirates. Is wild, but again there's about seven different directions we, can go which which direction you want?
Speaker 1: To, Go, yeah So As marlen valdez real quick building off of Him, the pirates everybody and their brother was talking about how revamped this, offense is and we were all talking about the wrong.
Speaker 3: Righty bat we were, all, Saying Well marcelo zuna is in.
Speaker 1: The fold it turns Out really meldez is doing Exactly what marcelo's inner should have been doing For The. Pittsburgh pirates, the magician because he makes, balls disappear is one of the coolest nicknames. Literally ever he is a joy, to watch and the fact that you can build out a six to seven to eight year plan with that Rotation, And valdez griffin And O'Neal cruz being the headliners in that lineup is.
Speaker 3: Really special with more.
Speaker 1: To come the other WAY that i want to go here is time because there were some interesting quotes After the sunday. Ball game First From, craig counsel when Asked about Jamison ty on making his, Next start, council SAID as i pull, this, UP quote i think we've got to. Discuss, it yeah we've got days to figure, that out but we have to discuss what's best for the staff. In general Quote From jamison Tyone From megan montmorrow does a really good job Covering the cubs For The. Chicago tribune tyone said postgame, Today quote i've been around long enough to Know that i'm hurting, the team and have been for a little, while Now so i'm not naive to that. At All jamison tyone has been the worst Pitcher In Major league baseball so far. This year this note was Great on Twitter From carson wolf At The. Wrigley Wire jamison tyone among one hundred and twenty nine pitchers with at least seventy innings pitch. This year he is one hundred and twenty fifth. In era he is dead last of one twenty nine, In fifth he is dead last in homer's allowed per nine innings, over three and he is dead last with a negative one point. One Four the cubs have had rotation health issues for the overwhelming majority of, the season but they're not putting their best foot forward if They have jameison tyone. Start again and it sucks because he's been reliably on, the mound has been, consistently available but the results have been so bad you probably have to make a change at.
Speaker 3: This point his. Fastball stinks he's throwing it under ninety two miles, an hour straight down, the middle and guys are just teeing off. On it, it's like you gotta go to your. Other pitches you got to just overhaul. THE pitch i, don't know BUT if i watch him float one more of those fastballs in and watch it get taken four hundred and, Forty feet i'm not Even a, cubs FAN but i Feel like i'm losing my MIND and i can't imagine Being a, Cubs fan and it does suck too because tie on from twenty twenty four and twenty, twenty, five like he was a very solid pitcher in twenty twenty four one hundred and sixty five INNINGS at a three TWO, seventy ra twenty twenty five three SIX eight era and one hundred and twenty. NINE innings i, don't know the strikeouts haven't. BEEN there i know it's not the most entertaining watch on, the mound but he's been, really reliable like, you said and this year it's just been a. Massive problem, and again he's, a vet he's he sees, the result he knows he's not helping. The Team so i'm sure they're going to have. A conversation wouldn't be surprised to get to see him get his next start skipped or something. Like that but it's definitely, a problem no doubt. ABOUT, it yea anything? Else here should we TALK about pca being a seven win player at this point in. The, SEASON yeah i mean.
Speaker 1: THAT'S awesome i FEEL like pca and like expounding on him is kind of a kind of a, midweek CONVERSATION But u PCA's. Gross, man yeah he was crazy, since, yeah no but since the End, of may it's, seventeen homers fourteen bags and he's sitting three.
Speaker 3: Seventy one it's. Just, Crazy no i'm totally. With you we should TALK about pca in the middle of the week when we could do an actual segment on him instead of just recapping. The series but he is out of this world and is right There with otawni to Win The NATIONAL. League mvp let's go Over To blue Jays Versus. Red sox. Game One red sox wins six. To Four anthony Siegler And saddan rafaela homered early and by the seventh it was four To Oh red Sox As patrick sandoval gave them four to two thirds of, scoreless baseball and in The seventh okamoto hit a huge three run homer to narrow, the lead And then jimenez tied it up on a sack fi in, the EIGHTH but rbi Doubles From rome gonzalez And again Anthony sig siegler put this game out of reach moved a, game Two Though blue jays wins six. To Zero dylan cees take a bow nine inning one hitter with twelve punchies got his pitch got all the way up there to one. To twenty he's got a rubber arm lowering as he are headed two. Four six it's Him and schlitler trying to Win This. American League. Cy young springer had, two hits including. A homer Vladdie and ernie went three. For Four six jays bats had. Multiple HITS jack i wrote down on my notes that Was THE because i watched every second of. THAT game i thought it was the most complete win of the season For. The jays.
Speaker 1: Is that a?
Speaker 3: CRAZY take, i mean there haven't been many complete wins. THIS year i thought that was as good as. It gets You got, springer hitting You got, vladdie hitting You got, ernie hitting You Got dylan ce's pitching the way that. He was and this comes to Us from podcast p most career starts of seven plus innings and at most. One Hit nolan ryan's, Number One bob feller's, Number Two justin verliners, Number Three randy johnson's. Number four so if you're at, number five it's a damn good list to. Be on, and guests who is at? Number Five dylan ceas you got your, Hand, raised.
Speaker 1: Yeah so my hand is Raised because there are a couple of things that jump out about. This, Number One nolan ryan had twenty eight start to seven innings in it most. Won hit. That's Unbelievable, Number Two dylan cees is The non Hall of famer on, this list and it's gonna be like a funny grouping of five to look. Back on do you Remember The thaddeus young's stat where it Was Like oscar Robinson or, Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan, lebron James And thatteus young in terms of like it was something like thirty point triple doubles.
Speaker 3: Or something it was really weird and it.
Speaker 1: Was just such an arbitrary number and it was such a, small Number And thatty's young fit. That criteria so that was a that was a screenshot that went around for.
Speaker 3: A WHILE but i also Think That, JIM show i don't think you Can put Dylan Season thattius young in the same conversation. At ALL and i don't.
Speaker 1: Think so But See, susan asiety see Season a Hall.
Speaker 3: Of famer we'll see what he does over this five year contract because this new, PITCH mix, i mean he's had seasons where you think, to Yourself. Dear goud he's one of the best pitchers, of baseball and if he Wins The cy young this year and continues to pitch near or at this level for the duration Of The blue, jays contract we're gonna have an interesting CONVERSATION because i bet in this modern age, of pitchers he might lead all of them.
Speaker 1: In strikeouts so the other THING that i wanted to highlight with, That, screenshot peyton if you have it one, more time throw it. Back up peyton is a, true sicko and he has clicked on four of The five baseball, reference pages but he needs to get himself Some rapid robert in. His Life The bob feller hyperlink, is UNCLICKED so i can Appreciate that Peyton to Nolan and Verlander And randy Johnson And Dylan Ceese's baseball, reference page but get Over To Bob Feler's baseball reference page because it's.
Speaker 3: SPECIAL stuff i Really thought peyton was. A ballner but, you know that's a. Tough luck it's a tough look for a podcast peak anything else On This, OH no i gotta get to gain three Game Three red sox wins six To One rangers worrez was limited by, pitch count but Gave The red sox four shutout innings and then the bullpen just shut, the Door Said, Don Rafaela, Jared Durant, jami Jones And. William bray you ALL had, rbi hits easy Win. For boston they take.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 3: Series jack they're seventeen and Three, in july right back.
Speaker 1: In it and they Lose The sonny. Gray start they Lose the, sonny start.
Speaker 3: And they don't give. A shit they just keep winning. Ball games, but again is This More? Blue jays is This More? RED sox i think It's More. Red sox the way they're playing that they could go up and beat just. About anybody, right now per the simulations of, My, model jack we're looking at seventy percent chance For The. Red sox they already made this. Ready DEADLINE i'm i Think The red sox could be like, a sneaky huge buyer at. This deadline i'm very curious to see what they do because they Have still friday. To, address, sorry yeah we know when we.
Speaker 1: Were Talking, on friday they were at what's, sixty right they were at sixty percent and they At.
Speaker 3: SEVENTY well i think i had them at like sixty one. Or something, BUT yeah i think it's like, sixty eight, sixty nine seventy percent. AROUND that i gotta, go check but pretty sure THAT'S what i saw. This morning. Holy smokes good.
Speaker 1: For them the fact that the one game they lose this weekend is The Sunny gray star tells you everything you have to know About The Boston red sox and where they stand. Right, now also the last Game in boston before the deadline could be a different. Looking squad coming back could be a different.
Speaker 3: Looking squad let's go Over to Braves Versus orioles. Game one braves win seven to six and. Ten Innings new Orioles players Christian. AND carnassi O and strand has been on fire out of the doubling home two to get the, scoring Started but atlanta would tie it back up in the fourth on RBIs, From riso Dubon And, austin Reiley but holliday would get one of them right back to take a three to. Two lead baldwin hit a clutch homer in the eighth and we had. Two Extras matt olsen blew it open though in extras with a three run jack and they needed every one of those Runs as cees homered in the. Bottom half not, quite enough But, the orioles they just continued to get great Starts From trevor rodgers seven innings of two run ball Moved to, Game two orioles get, this one three. To two orioles struck FIRST an rbi Single From christian andcarnassio on strand and a Homer from Gunner As brandon young just Shut out atlanta for five innings before they tucked on one in. The six he ultimately exited with six and a third innings in that, lone run continuing his, awesome season sitting with a three to one Three Era ozi albi's homer to tie, it Late But dylan beavers walked it off with a single to win It. For Baltimore in, game three another Nail by braves win three to two and. Eleven Innings dom smith Provided the braves offense until extras WITH two rbi Singles And pete alonzo homer late to narrow. The lead THEN an rbi ground Up from holiday brought home the. Tying run but that's kind of. Too simple if you were watching, the game you saw the ball. GO through I Think ozzie albe's legs and then he made a diving play in order to. Save around it, was crazy and then In EXTRAS riley's rbi double ended up being. The Difference raynelldo lopez was great five and, two thirds, five hits, no earned. Six k's his era is at three. Six four Sometimes when I'm watching, ORIOLES games i gotta, BE honest, I like i feel bad for them because, you know they had. BASES loaded i think it was an extra innings smacked, A Liner matt wilson, catches it touches, the bag, Double play taylor war then pops up And the ools lose. Another one they're one of the worst teams in baseball in one run games nine and. Eighteen, record now what that tells me is that, you know hopefully next year they'll get some more luck on, their side because we know in these close games kind of comes down to, chance sometimes And the oriels have just been on the wrong side of a lot. Of them and now they're sitting at fifty one and, fifty FIVE and i feel Like for michael oas it's this has got to be a. Tough decision do, you buy do? You sell do you, stand pat do? You retool what do? You do they're going to be a fascinating team to watch. This deadline and then On the, BRAVE side i didn't even think they've played all. That well but that's what speaks To, the braves and that's why they're one of the best teams in baseball and one of the few that's at sixty plus wins already. This season is that they can go beat teams on the road when they're not playing well and. Win series and that's just a testament.
Speaker 1: To Them the atlanta standard is incredibly high, right NOW and i think that's best embodied by.
Speaker 3: Their bullpen to be honest, with you.
Speaker 1: Their bullpen has four guys that have thrown and it sounds like semi.
Speaker 3: ARBITRARY criteria i don't think.
Speaker 1: It is they have four guys in, their bullpen they have thrown thirty or, more innings HAVE an era, below three a k pro nine.
Speaker 3: Over, ten no that's just that's what you want from any. GOOD reliever i like.
Speaker 1: That, stuff yeah thirty or, more INNINGS e ra, under three k pro nine. Over Ten Dylan, Dodd Diddy, air FUENTES who i know was a tough luck loser with that beaver, Walk Off dylan lee And Then, rice elglesias like all of, those GUYS and i didn't Even Mention, robert suarez who's on the shelf right now with elbow inflammation and has been there for about. A month four Guys without suarez that fit. That criteria that is. Legit awesome and when you have that rinse and repeat in, the bullpen it doesn't matter how you get to a two, run advantage just. Hold it and they held it. Right now They're getting acunya back very. Very soon they're Getting Huss on. Kim back kim was not, that GOOD so i Wonder what kim is gonna look like when he does.
Speaker 3: Come back atlanta is they had a bad year. Last year they're back at this, point fully. THEY'RE back i want to see what this offense looks Like, with ACUNA and i also want to see but the Post deadline braves, look like hopefully with, another starter because when Watching the braves, right now that seems to be really their. Only weakness you already talked about. The bullpen it's one of the best. IN baseball i still think That When drake baldwin is hitting, Like This matt olsen's hitting, like this And Even austin riley looks Better With. Michael harris this offense, is dangerous especially when they. Get aconyback they don't really have to address. Anything offensively it's just we need, a starter and you're Gonna get schwellenbock back. As well this team is just. FREAKING dangerous i got five, Series, left JACK but i think it's time to hear from. What peanuts imagine you take your seat at, the ballpark the smell of fresh cut grass, and ice, cold beer peanuts and the promise of three hours of. Uninterrupted baseball what if you could bring the ballpark home to You With Hampton. Farms peanuts, You can america's number one in shell brand can be found in your local, produce aisle or twenty five percent Off at hamptonfarms dot com with Code. Just baseball bring the ballpark home to You With Hampton. Farms peanuts Royals versus tiger is a four, Game set Game one tiger's win four. To Three troy melton mania another, solid start allowing two runs in, five innings which actually raised his era to one to nine. To five started this started this game at one, eight zero, five innings, two runs, very solid now one nine. To Five james outman provided the big hit with a three run homer in the Seventh After isaac collins ripped a two run homer EARLY. For Kc then rojas tied it up with, a single but in The eighth dingler came through WITH an rbi double To give detroit. The win Game two tigers win two. To One why scooble's so back seven and, a third, four hits one earned, twelve punches his eri's down to two. Seven zero he never, really left but he kind of had two starts post injury where, you're, like eh you don't. Look awesome ever, since then it's just. Been Diabolical noah cameron was also awesome after. An opener he went, seven shutty but two Runs from detroit came on RBIs From riley green and how, you lee and those ended up being.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 3: Difference moved, Game three royals win three. To two more great starting pitching, performances Here As michael waka went seven innings of two. RUN ball i also need to respond to some of the. HATERS online i put out some mock trade ARTICLES and i had a Lot of braves fans, being like why would We Want. Michael Waca michael, Waka, stinks no he. Freaking Doesn't michael waka is a dog and you'd be lucky to have him seven innings and two, run Ball And casey meis went, six innings one, Run Ball but casey would get the. Last laugh How you lee provided all the Offense, for detroit sending home one ON an, rbi double then rocking, a Homer but salvi's three hundred and eighteenth career home run tied, it up and a home Run From nick lofton in the ninth was. The difference WHY did i mention three? To, eighteen well That Passed george brett for the most Homers in. Royal's history Moved to, Game four royals went five. To four they got out to a three to, zero lead Highlighted By lane, thomas homer But the tigers would get it all back and then some highlighted By A dylan dingler two run single to give them. The lead but in, The Eighth mi massy rock to two, run Shot giving casey the win to split. The, series JACK can i? Be, honest Yeah When michael massey, WENT yard i said school. IS gone, i know it doesn't really. Make sense it's just a, you know a. Series split it just, felt like if they won three out, of four you bring that momentum into the next series AND hopefully i have a good one and Then Convince scott harris to, be like, all right this team. Is, real yeah but then you split the series With the royal and that just felt like it took the air Out. Of, america again that's just. A feeling it's based on absolutely nothing other than what came out of. My MOUTH like i didn't even think it in my. OWN head i said it. Out. Loud yeah the REACTION was, I said schooble. Is, gone No and passing tweeted.
Speaker 1: IT effectively i mean he didn't say, school's Gone, but, passing yeah let me read you with pass and tweeted because it was a very very similar line of, Thinking Here jeff jason.
Speaker 3: Being aligned is? ANYONE surprised i?
Speaker 1: Love that, all right, let's see let me pull up this pass the tweet please hold three.
Speaker 3: TWO one i.
Speaker 1: Got It the tigers lost two straight To the royals and are now fifty and, fifty six three and a half games Back in cleveland for the Final wild Card, With, Minnesota, houston Seattle and baltimore also Ahead. Of Detroit The trek schoobl decision, is coming and losing the case doesn't.
Speaker 3: Help their case to.
Speaker 1: Keep them so Everybody's got schoobl on the mind, right NOW and i am.
Speaker 3: With you it totally.
Speaker 1: Felt Like That kansas city is. Still frisky they're gonna piss a lot of teams off in the back. Two months they won't make, the playoffs but they're gonna piss a lot of, Teams off like they're gonna take two or three and teams you're gonna, be like what did? You do like what how do you do that? To me like you were Ruined my.
Speaker 3: October. Plans yeah On the, TIGERS side i just want to highlight this guy because and we've, highlighted him you know a number, of times but he's playing so well that he just deserves to be talked about basically every. Single week and That Is dylan dingler Of The. Detroit tigers it's a five win catcher already Or. In july he is one of the best defensive Catchers In Major, league baseball and he just so happens to be forty percent better than a league. Average hitter when, catchers generally if you have A ninety, wrc plus you're like a. Solid catcher so this guy is basically fifty percent better than a league. Average catcher he has been so Good for detroit, this year arguably their most. Valuable player and That Includes trek scooble, this season and It Includes Troy milton MANIA who, i Love And casey meiz who's, been Awesome And riley green is having a. Great Year dylan dingler is THIS team's mvp, this year and another REASON why i want to bring, it up not just because he, deserves it was because this was one of my worst takes from. THE offseason I didn't i didn't. BUY it i needed to. See more i'm seeing a hell of a. Lot More dylan dingler is box office, phenomenal catcher best in the league, this season best.
Speaker 1: In the league, this season, and again the catcher rankings are going to shape shake up big time going into. NEXT year i think it's Spring training we're gonna have some pretty, heated conversations very similar to our second base chat.
Speaker 3: This year where the hell are we gonna Rank. Cal raly that's Gonna be we're gonna see all the because there's like seven of us, Who rank we're gonna see. Some differences it's gonna be fun to see Two exactly Aids. Versus twins next. Series up, Game one a's win two. To zero How About jacob lopez was watching him Start and, i'm like what five innings of one hit baseball and RBIs from Butler and soderstrum was all they needed Because the a's bullpen came in and shut. The Door zebbie matthews did, his part tossing six innings to, two run but you got to score. To win, Game two twins win two. To zero pretty much the same game, as yesterday Except the twins had the edge Here As kendre rojas was the guy to throw, four innings one, hit baseball, no runs and Then the twins bullpen shut. It down and this game was scoreless until the Six Until alan roden ripped a single to. Score two, game three much, More entertaining twins win eleven. To eight they put up a statement early with seven runs in the first, four innings highlighted by a two run Triple From, cody clemens and Now the a's would, battle back highlighted By A nick kurtz three, run Homer But ryan Kreidler And cody clemens had, a day combining for six hits and. Four RBIs, eight players everyone but one in their starting lineup had at least. One hit Now the a's they got a lot of their, runs Late As connor prilip, was awesome going five and, two thirds, two hits One Run baseball twins win. The, series, hey hey they're. Hanging around they're. Hanging, around, Hey, guardians hey. White socks don't, look now objects my be closer than? THEY appear whoa the blind? Spot twice? I'm in can we call them the Blind? Spot twins, moving Forward all i'm, saying is do not count out. MY twins i, CAN see i can, see that faciers that you're trying to. Come counts but you can't deny. The offense you can't. Deny it you can't deny that a couple of their young. Starting pitchers look at, This Weekend, Zebbie Matthews, Kendre Rojas connor, Prelip shoving. Jack shoving you Like the, A's offense they just put them in their. BACK pocket i.
Speaker 1: Actually don't Like the a's offense. RIGHT now i go to the as of. Theory theory the first, baseman's awesome the catcher's out for.
Speaker 3: The year it's, just like what's? Going? On Man context oh Look, At jack i'm. A journalist i have. Contexture Theory the a's offense. Is good, so uh.
Speaker 1: The analytics are very dead at, the moment, AND like i think that they just kind of embodied dead team. This week but it was FUNNY because i Had A kendre rojas thought dialed up And then peyton drops in our. PRIVATE chat i am quite Fond Of. Kendri rojas hence the video Breakdown Of kendre rojas for. His start rojas so far this year has thrown the ball exceptionally well twenty five and two thirds innings at a two eight eras punched out. Twenty, nine now the big anvil here is he's walked nineteen guys in twenty five and. Two thirds but at the end of, the day opponents are hitting a buck ninety five. Against him they're not really hitting the ball out of the ballpark at all. Against him one homer in one hundred and ten hitters face, and like this guy was a good borderline top. ONE hundred i think in arms top one hundred prospects in baseball at the time, Of Deal So kendrey rojas is a fun. Building block, it's also over the last handful, of months The Best zebbi matthews.
Speaker 3: Has looked in the.
Speaker 1: Major leagues i'm really excited to see what kind Of Pitcher zebi matthews. Turns into And With, taj Bradley With, mick gabel there are irons in the Fire in minnesota, pitching wise there.
Speaker 3: Certainly is and we gotta go back member to. That Trade louis varland And ty frantz over To The blue jays in Exchange For, alan roaden who had the big single this weekend and.
Speaker 1: A unit he is he's a brick shit House And. Kendrey rojas so maybe that trade wasn't. So bad Maybe the twins have some smart people in that. Front office maybe they can hit a. Little bit maybe they got young pitching Guardians In. White sox we're on. Your ass let's move Over to Reds Versus cardinals. Game one reds win four. To Two tyler stevenson Got the reds on the board first WITH an, rbi Double But blaze jordan would one up him in the fifth with a two, run double but that was It For. Saint louis gino swore his clutched up with a two run homer in the seventh To give sincy, the lead And then SAL stewart rbi single was. The dagger dustin made his Part For saint louis though six innings of one run Ball And rhet lauder had a much needed, nice outing allowing just one hit and two runs over. Five innings Move to, Game two cardinals win seven. To Zero andre polante take a bow, seven innings, two hits.
Speaker 3: No earned, one walk. Eight k's, he said a. Great season era's at three. Seven, Seven Now, hunter green you look at the stat line and, you're, like ugh he really just had one. Bad inning helled six runs in the sixth inning to RAISE his era though jack to seven. Oh Six alec burlson led the way on offense with three Hits For, saint Louis but Walker and herrera both had two hits. As well Moved to, game three the rubber match And the reds win five. To three cardinals had a two to one lead going into. The Fifth Is von herrera And Lied la cruz, traded Homers But brian hayes would do the same time the game and both bullpens shut, it down so we head TO. Extras rbi Singles from Low and stewart Gave the reds some breathing room and ultimately the win and. The series shout out the pitchers in. This game abbott was awesome two runs over six to lower HIS the eerra to three, eight Five And kyle lay gave them Gave the cardinals the exact, same line but he had nine k's AND his era is at three. Five five cardinals are starting to slow down a. Little bit reds have won all three of their Series Post All. Star break, you Know the reds are still one of eight Teams In Major league baseball that is yet to, get fifty yet to get two, fifty wins likely going to be sellers at, the deadline but they are playing, better BASEBALL and i know that's good for, the fans and On the, CARDINALS side i think it's just the magic hasn't really. Been there the offense hasn't quite been as consistent as, it was bullpen hasn't been nearly. As good they're just starting to slow down a. Little bit and For a cardinals Team that i've loved watching. All year it kind of sucks to see because it seems Like heim blue might have. His answer they're going to likely sell off some of these, expiring pieces which is good. For them but the good thing is going into, Next, year cardinals you have. A plan you know your guys, on, offense retool, get better, screw it go win the division. Next year and they're still. In it they're not out. Of it i'm just saying it looks like A different cardinals team that we saw earlier on in.
Speaker 1: The, season, YES fair i can tell You that Kyle lay he has been a revelation. This year but lay he allowed two runs for the first time in what. Six starts last time he allowed two runs Was on june Seventeenth In. San diego Kyle lay he coming into that Start. On sunday his last five turns twenty, five innings a two. Run ball that's a zero point seven to. One era So lay he has been newfound riches. For them polonte has been. Kicking ass this is a career Renaissance For. ANDREA palonte i don't even want to call. IT renaissance i think this is a Breakout. For polonte we always knew he was a, groundball guy but the fact that he is like in the strike zone now for the first time in his career is really. Darn COOL so i think it's going to be a fun final. Two months to, YOUR point i don't think the postseason and being Frisky in october is PRIORITY one a For, hein bloom which, Is okay they've got the long game, in MIND but i think it is going to be A fun August and september.
Speaker 3: For them maybe to turn. It around whole stadium's gotta go. Tarps off that'd be a good dadium everybody. In there, All right let's go Over to Mariners, Versus rangers, Big series big Series For al west enjoyers. Like myself Game one, rangers win five. To four rangers took a three to one lead going into the fifth on home Runs From jake Berger And, wyat Langford but seattle would not go down without. A fight Dominic, can zone who had a, great series ripped a two run double to tie, it Up but berger would retake the Lead for texas WITH an rbi single and then a little sack Bunt From nicki lopez brought home the important fifth run As the mariners late rally in the ninth, was thwarted losing. By one Neither McKenzie Gore Nor bryce miller pitched all. That well miller gave up five Earned and gore gave up, three earned and both in. Five innings Moved to, game two though big time win By the rangers seven. To one five runs from the first. Two winnings statement sealed this One As ezekiel durant HAD two, rbi hits one of them being. A triple he's put together an, awesome Season And evan Carter And white langford BOTH had. Rbi Doubles now seattle scored, one run it was ON A JP crawford rbi Double as Nathan and valdi put them in his. Back pocket, seven innings, one run, three Hits eight k's zira is down to four to zero Five and brian wou just continues to struggle on the road. Five Earned jack zeria is now at four to. Three seven But in, Game three mariners needed to win and they. Got it rangers got out to a three to one lead after six and it seemed Like the mariners would lose yet another one of these, huge games But then dominic canzone walked to, the plate he rocked one and, knew it watching his three run homer fly down the line To give seattle. The lead And then randy followed suit with the homer of, his own and they would need It as durand would homer To narrow. Seattle's lead but another Dominic CAN zone rbi double was. The dagger Dominic. CAN zone i want to talk About, the rangers and They have game Four. On monday the series ain't. Over, YET yeah i want to talk About. The rangers they're up. To one they deserve to be talked about Over the mariners of. The point But dominic. CANZONE'S transformation i remember when he was originally traded over To the mariners not that, long ago and it was like, this skinny. Wiry outfielder this. Dude's jocked now he's seen. His legs this guy's. A stallion they got a guy in the middle of the LINEUP who i. Believe it now he's got thump like this is this is newfound riches here For. The mariners you can make an argument he's been their best hitter. This, SEASON yeah i think you.
Speaker 1: ABSOLUTELY can, i mean he's got a one THIRTY three wrc plus it Only Trails. Randyo rosorana but the eight twenty two ops is a little. Bit better can zone is. A unit But this, mariner offense if they don't make serious corrections in the, Next week i'm gonna start freaking out like.
Speaker 3: They are i've been the only one who's been. Freaking out everyone is just a line where, It's, like oh they'll figure, it out they'll, get better they'll. Get better there's still.
Speaker 1: This time but they've got to get better players at. This point like it's not it's not they're gonna. Get better it's like they need to get better players in. That lineup and if they don't get, Better players i'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Just be what do?
Speaker 1: We do i'm gonna Do The taylor twelman what are we?
Speaker 3: Doing thing what do they do With colet emerson who can't hit right now? AT all i send Him.
Speaker 1: TO tacoma i understand your paining of ninety, million dollars but he needs to Be a tacoma rain near. Right now he's got to, Get right like it is really hard to watch him swing at.
Speaker 3: The moment how About the, rangers side and what's been most impressive to me About. The rangers is not, their pitching which IS what i thought was gonna be their strong suit going into, the season and they've Had a they've had a solid rotation, this year a. Solid BULLPEN but i think they're pitching was better. Last year it's their offense that has, stepped up and Most notably Ezekiel duran, this guy WHAT'S this? Wrc plus he got it in front. Of you i'm gonna take. A guess i'm gonna guess. One forty that's the BAT that i. Feel like i've been watching Fact check Ryan And ezekiel laran is RUNNING a wrc plus. ONE thirteen i swear. It's better this guy is, just clutch like he's been such a. Good player maybe it's more of a, value STANDPOINT but i. Don't care I'm Saying ezekiel durant is a ONE forty. WRC plus i don't care if. It's Wrong brandon immo has, Been Great jake berger has, Been Great john peterson has. Been great Like this rangers team is Not the rangers team of old where they just can't hit but they. Can pitch the problem is they kind of need to add. A Pitcher and i'll say It before i've said, It before i'll say it, again because for, whatever reason on All podcasts i've ever, listened to nobody talks About the rangers. Being aggressive nobody really talks About the rangers, at ALL which i. Don't understand they're leading this division, right Now And chris young is AN aggressive gm that will make moves at. This deadline be on the watch For. The rangers we talk About, the astros talk About. The mariners there's a team leading the division and their name Is The. Texas rangers and this is a. Good team THAT'S all i want to say About.
Speaker 1: The rangers i'm really surprised, you haven't like ug my nose in The, mackenzie gore isn't that?
Speaker 3: Good train Like maybe i've been talking to arm, about it, Because like i'm. SO disappointed, I mean.
Speaker 1: I was i was the president of. The, McKenzie yeah vice, president, too dude maybe because we. BOTH were. I, WAS yeah I mean i thought that guy was gonna be. A star i thought that. He was his breakout was the year, before last and then last and then. This year but like a four eight ERA and i UNDERSTAND the fip. LOOKS good i don't really care at this point like he needs to have an era better than.
Speaker 3: Four, Eight yeah and to, BE honest i was on an absolute heater of calling. Pitcher breakouts scooble in, Twenty four crochet in, Twenty five gore in. Twenty six that's an, L now i'll take it straight on. The FACE but i was on a heater streak ends. At too it is not. Exactly materialized, Game Four kumar Rocker Versus george Kirby, on Monday the mariners even. It, UP yes i have, No, reason yes, there's this there's this belief for ball. Baseball Fans the barrigers are just gonna figure it out of.
Speaker 1: Like turn on a.
Speaker 3: Mirrors. Game, Theys no i'm not gonna say they. Don't stink they're just infuriating. To watch and it does suck too when You Lose. Brendan donovan that does suck in. The lineup, so. Ye brutal we'll see what. They do Last series Yankees, Versus phillies, Game one yankees win one. To Zero cam, schlitzer, said hey you won't let me start In The alstar Game? At philly? All right watch this seven and, a third, three hits, no earn, no walks. Twelve Punches era is at two oh seven. Pure domination lozzarto was also fantastic on the, other side tossing seven innings of one. Run ball but you can't win when you. Don't Score gold schmid's solo homer ended up being The difference, Game two yankees win three. To One ryan weathers kept the good times flowing For the yankees', pitching staff allowing just one run in five and two thirds with, seven strikeouts lowering his erra to four. To Two Five austin Wells And jason. Dominguez Homeward cody bellinger HAD an, rbi single But unfortunately bellinger would hit the il after the game with a. Hamstring strain i'm getting real nervous About this, Yankees, offense jack if you're Telling me judge is Out and bellingra hasn't done Anything since. Judge left but it's still not a good bat. To have but the good thing Is the yankees only had to put up four runs in order to win the first two games of the series because their pitching was. Just excellent BUT now i see the Score Of Sunday, night baseball Where the yankees are getting their. Shit rocked it's six. To zero? What Happened will warren? Getting Blasted christopher sanchez Dominating the yankees lineup that they ran out here today. Is Terrible gold schmidt, Leading Off, ben rice. That's Awesome, Amed Rosario, Jason Dimiguez, Anthony Volpi, Trent Grisham, Max Schuman, Jose Cabilero, ali sanchez, SHOOT me i mean that. LINEUP sucks, i mean does? It not.
Speaker 1: It's.
Speaker 3: Not great that. Lineup sucks jason demiggez it is, six sixth the. Ops said the four hole that hasn't been talked about enough To the martian has never been all. That good and that's. Not true. He said spurts where IT'S like i believe in, the bat but this season he's gotten a good amount of run and it just. Hasn't materialized but at the end of, the day who cares About the yankees offense when they're pitching, like this when the bullpen is locking. It Down When, CAM schlittler, i mean it almost feels like. This guy remember In The last Dance when jordan would use anything to get, him motivated where it was like he would make up a narrative or he would like remember a weird encounter with. A player he did it Against, The rays he's done it Against The. Red sox just did it Against. The phillies he made a comment, about it and he needs like for you to talk shit. To him and so that's why Going, Into philly i'm not shocked at all that he obliterated Them with philly fans raining booze and he shut those boos. Up quickly best road eras ever minimum Eighty Innings bob gibson, Number One, walter johnson, Number Two walter johnson number, Three again Cam motherfucking schlitzler, number four one zero eight e ra in a. Single, Season, Gibson. Johnson schlittler make a New, mount rushmore only make it three names And It's jammi. Johnson twice you Know what i'm dealing with? RIGHT now i have a ticket that will make me a lot. Of Money on dylan sees To Win cy YOUNG and i am in Love. With campselor every single time, he pitches it's almost a good problem. To have it's either my favorite guy wins or my wallet gets.
Speaker 1: Really happy Isn't that isn't that called? A hedge isn't that called like an, emotional hedge an.
Speaker 3: Emotional Hedge colin cowhard would always say that on, his show, emotionally hedged. Emotionally HEDGING so i got a good emotional hedge. RIGHT now i Don't think i'm gonna put Money on sluler because if, He wins i'll just. Be excited that means he dominated the rest of. The, Season yeah AND like, i, said like do not Talk To. Camp shaler this is a notice throughout. The league don't talk Shit To. Cam schlitler it's no surprise to me that the team that talks the Motion About camp Schlittler Is red. Sox fans what does he do? Against them obliterates them every. Single time it would be in your best interest to close your mouth when you're Talking About.
Speaker 1: Camp SCHLITLER so i Like Your michael Jordan last, dance conversation like the comp that you, brought up because he looks for anything to. Motivate HIM but i also think that he IS and i mean this in, the nicest most, endearing way because you guys had a great interaction with him FOR the lids event and he seems like the. Absolute man AND again i mean this as, a COMPLIMENT and i think it's one of the HIGHER compliments i can pay.
Speaker 3: A picture he.
Speaker 1: Seems like, an ASSHOLE and i. Love that and there are a couple. Of, GUYS yeah i just BROUGHT up i was talking Today because bill Started For san diego Against, the MARLINS and i Brought. UP buehler i Was, Like Bueler young buehler With the dodgers at the peak of his powers was. An, Asshole Helly chris sale With The white sox was. An, Asshole Yes tiger scherzer was such an Ass and schlittler is such an ASS and i mean that in the. Best way those are personally my favorite pictures to watch because they, hate you and they hate, your fans and they hate your, stupid ballpark and they hate your stupid mound and they're going to kick. Your butt and That's What cam schlittler Did.
Speaker 3: On fronday and that's why he's so fun to, watch too because he doesn't. Walk anybody he pounds the zone and dares you to hit. One hundred here it is And maybe i'll throw you a cutter or, a sinker but it's all hard. Good luck and when he's thrown with fury, like, that man. He's, awesome man. He's awesome came out of. Nowhere too what was he drafted out? Of podcast p? Fact Checking, northeastern.
Speaker 1: Yes sixth round Out Of, Northeastern Eastern ben rice seventh round Out Of northeastern northeastern give us all, Your Players cam Schlider And Mike sarota.
Speaker 3: Northeastern's finest Shout, out northeastern and shout out the listeners Of The Just. Baseball show hopefully you enjoyed. This episode the best way to support is just smashing the, like button hitting that, subscribe button and if you're listening on audio after, the fact best way to support the show is by leaving a five star review and tell your, friends people tell your friends you like. The, show again it's the best way. To support support. THE show I know i kind of cut. You off check anything else before we. Say, GOODBYE no i don't. Think so, for podcast be brilliant producing once Again for jack. Mc Bullen I'm. Peter apple we'll See you tuesday live here on YouTube at one Thirty. Pm eastern and, with that, thank you