Speaker 1: I wanted to cook. That's all.
Speaker 2: All right, boy, we needed that one. That was a good game. Welcome back, everybody. Game one hundred and twenty is in the books. The Yankees win this one with an offensive outburst like we have not seen from them in quite a while. Ten runs. They win this one, ten to five. There was a lot of action in this game. This felt like an actual baseball game and not like a soccer match. Pretty fun game. I love the way ESPN was mixing the sound tonight. Normally I'm not an ESPN fan, but the way they put the emphasis in the sound mixing on the bat contact that was awesome. I mean that was awesome tonight. Just a kudos to their production team. Great night for Spencer Jones, who had, in my opinion, his best night in the Major League so far. He had a really good at bat to before lining a double off the left field wall. He had two hits tonight, two doubles and three RBIs, so a very good night for Spencer Jones. Getting more comfortable. We had two home runs tonight from mister Trent Grisham is beginning to heat up. I mentioned it before the series that he was hitting the ball harder. Last night I mentioned the contact from him has been louder, and tonight the contact was really loud, even with the ESPN cameras boosting it a little bit. Three for five, two home runs, four RBIs, three runs scored, got the average up to two twenty two to fifteen home runs and fifty RBIs. Now for the mustachioed one, however, I will say there was a pop up to center field, and I don't know what was going on. I don't know if he was finishing a game of words with friends or something like that, but he took forever to charge in on a routine pop up that he should have been camped under, and it did not look like Will Warren appreciated very much. He also had a double, go ahead double, So good night for him, Rocky night for Will Warren. What can you say about him?
Speaker 1: Time to stop throwing the league balls.
Speaker 2: Five runs, four walks and three home runs for Will Warren, who is probably moving to the bullpen in the pretty near future. But we had the first major league error from George Lombard Junior. But he also had a couple of rope absolute line drive singles as he continues to impress every single day. Even when he makes an error, he does something impressive. Multi hit game. Now in his limited major league duty, hitting three twenty with two home runs, two RBIs in a one to sixty six WRC plus, he has struck out twenty five percent of the time, still looking for that first double, that first triple, and that first stolen base three ninety three on base percentage. He's shown a really patient eye, and aside from the error, he's looked fantastic at short But errs happen. Everybody's gonna make airs. Don't worry about it. You had a number of extra base hits tonight. Austin Wells ripped a double. You had Rice not gonna run by the way wearing my Ben a Roy's shirt here courtesy of the foul Territory Shot. Go to foul Territory Shop dot com for that. Yankees turned a couple of double plays tonight, and when the dust settled, they had themselves a ten to five win. Paul Blackburn with the w Gabe Spear with the loss, and Paul Blackburn sporting a one point nine to zero ERA this season. I did not anticipate that he has really, really, really been good. We got a couple of comments here. Tyler Revas says, Ramos two for twenty four since being with the Yankees, since coming with the Yankee coming to the Yankees, he has not been great. And he had another tough night tonight. And the way that Spencer Jones is picking it up, and the way that Trent Grisham is picking it up, you wonder if when Bellinger comes back, if Ramos is gonna become that fourth outfielder on the bench. Oh three in this game tonight. Has not done much since being acquired from the San Francisco Giants at the trade deadline. All right, let's talk about the good, bad, and the ugly. So Trent Grisham gets a gold Star tonight, three hits and two dingers, Ben Rice multi hit games, Spencer Jones with a great night, Garcia had a tough night oh for four, and Ramos so the new guys oh for seven combined. Jazz one for three with a walk. Ryan McMahon continues to heat up a little bit. He had a double Wells with another extra base hit, and then George Lombard Junior with a multi hit game. Good day for the Yankees offense and runs all right, So let's get to the nitty gritty and kind of go through the main takeaways here. First off, the bullpen deserves a ton of credit. Tonight. Warren obviously did not have it, but Tim Hill, Paul Blackburn, and Brent Hedrick were all dealing. Hendrick has been amazing, just amazing this season. What can you say about the guy? Total surprise, total surprise, And tonight another scoreless inning with three punches. Deal Santos also threw a scoreless inning, although he allowed two hits. Also with this Yankees win, they don't gain any ground on the Rays because the Rays won today too, but they do gain on the Boston Red Sox and Boston Red Sox have hit a little bit of a skid after that unbelievable hot streak. Randy ross Arena and Julio Rodriguez opposite field home runs in the first inning off of Warren. You knew it wasn't gonna be Warren's night. At that point, Kevin Laar was like, you know, let's probably not a home run in a lot of stadiums. Meanwhile, the ball's landing in the second deck. I think that the Julio's home run was probably a home run pretty much everywhere. In the second inning, you know, there's a pop up to center field. I don't know what Christian was. I mean, was he reading the newspaper? What was he doing? He was taken all day to react to that pop up. It was like that scene in Nightmare and Elm Street where Freddy is chasing Nancy up the stairs and the stairs turn to like quicksand this like mushy oatmeal goo, and she can't get up the stairs and Freddy's chasing her. That's what I think. I think Christian was having a Freddy nightmare. He could not run, but he did make up for it with his bat. Big home run to cut the lead in the fifth inning, swung at the first pitch, no doubter, a lot more hard contact, go ahead double in the seventh, and a two run shot in the Age league years the building number one, So some positives and some negatives. Will the negative hold him back from getting the belts we'll see in just a minute. Don't change that station. McMahon been swinging it better lately, ripped in RBI double. Let's take a look at McMahon's numbers as we zoom out on him a little bit or zoom in on him. So two for four in this game with an RBI now hitting two twenty ten home runs, six to sixty three ops, eighty four WRC plus, So you're taking a sixteen percent hit from league average offensively with him, But he does give you a lot defensively. The on base percentage I wish was higher with him, the way he plays defense. I can tolerate a low average, but I want him to walk a little bit more, maybe hit for a little bit more power with a two twenty average, if you're playing good defense and you hit twenty five homers and get on base with a three to twenty clip, you'll take it. If you're playing great defense, that is. But would love to see him get hot. He got off to a slow start. We'll see how it shakes out. But I've been swinging the bat better lately. I love the double by Austin Wells in the third inning. He was a good at bat. He roped it into the right field corner, and all year long he's been swinging over that down and in pitch, and today he basically just pull his hands in and drop the barrel of the bat on it. And again it sounded fantastic. Austin Wells creeping up towards two hundred. Take a look at his numbers here. He is at one eighty, so not quite but he's he's creeping. Let me know in the chat if you think Austin Wells is gonna get to two hundred with the average before the season is over. But yeah, I mean eight home runs seventeen RBIs obviously not productive this year. You just hope he can finish strong. He's not gonna hit thirty home runs. He's not gonna probably even hit fifteen home runs. Just finish strong, you had. Let's see Spencer Jones, in my opinion, the best game of his young career, the best a bat of his career was the out two runners on double in the third inning, foul off a ton of pitches. The announcers we're talking about how he never hits the ball well to left field, He waits on it. He drives that ball off the left field wall, and then he hit one off the right field wall later in the game, one oh five point nine off the bat, and I think he's beginning to realize that when he cuts back on his swing and just makes contact that he's got the strength to do some damage. He's just so strong, and I like how everybody who sees him has an immediate opinion on why he can be better. Guys in the booth tonight saying, oh, just back off the plate six inches. You know, I'm sure the Yankees have looked at every possible way to get this guy going, because the athletic skills and the power is just so apparent. I never thought he had a chance to become Aaron Judge, and I still don't, but I do think he's got a chance to become the good version of Joey Gallo, a guy who hits like two thirty to forty at least because he hits the ball so hard, with forty plus home runs and outstanding defense on top of it. He has really impressed me more than anybody this year. He has been I mean, I shouldn't say impressed me more than anybody. Obviously guys are having better years, but from my expectations of him to what he's actually done, he's he's been better than I thought. And Grisham presumably beginning to heap back up. You wonder how the outfield situation is gonna work when Bellinger's back. I'd have to assume it's Grisham in center, Spencer Jones in right, and Bellinger in left and Ramos to the bench, and then when Judge comes back, I guess you just play the hot hand in center field. So we'll see how it shakes out. But the Yankees win this one. Oh name over. Yankees wins.
Speaker 3: Yanks.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna give Grisham the belt, but we're gonna do it by saying, don't let that shit happen in center field again. You gotta catch that baseball, and whoops, here we go a right by Grant Grisham with the belt. Two mustache rides tonight, and you you know what, if he starts hitting, it's a really good thing for the Yankees because when he gets hot, he's a guy who's got a short swing. He gets hit. He gets hits in clutch situations, as we saw today, and for him, that's six belts this year. That's just this shows that he has, you know, the difference making ability in the game. So nice job by Trent Grisham. Will one Is it worth even talking about? I'd rather almost get to voicemails. I mean, four innings, six hits, five runs, four walks, three strikeouts. Not a good night topped out at ninety five even mix of the fastball and sinker, and he was just hitting way too many bats tonight. As I said, less meatballs. Game breakdown. Yankees had thirteen hits tonight. That was good to see, two home runs, three walks, They still struck out eight times. They left five men on. As a team, they hit three thirty three with runners in scoring position tonight three for nine, and the pitching struck out eight of their own and got basically almost two thirds of their pitches were strikes tonight sixty four percent. Spencer Jones hardest hit ball the night one oh five point nine, and Yerry de los Sensos with the top pitch velocity at ninety seven. So we take a look at the division here. Yankees win, Rays win, Blue Jays beat the Red Sox, and the Twins beat the Orioles, so the Yankees remained six games back in the American League East. They still lead the wild card four games over the Boston Red Sox, and tomorrow we will have the final game in this series. Yankees have won the first two, they will go for the sweep. It's gonna be Logan Gilbert versus Max Free Max three two point eight to eight ERA this season, and he looks like he's fully back. The last couple of times out, he's been really strong, and I feel like he's gonna give us a chance tomorrow to wrap things up with a sweep on a Thursday afternoon game. Take a look at where we're at in the series so far. Trent Grisham so far has been your top win probability impact five for nine in the series. Spencer Jones having a good series, McMahon having a good year or a good series. Ryan Weathers had a much higher game score than Will Warren fifty seven. Will Warren was at twenty five. And as we take a look at the home runs in this series for the Yankees, both by Trent Grisham. First one was in the fifth inning tonight it with three hundred and sixty four feet and the second one was really clobber three hundred and ninety eight feet one hundred and three off the bat. Okay, quick word from our sponsor tonight. Quince then back to take a few voicemails.
Speaker 4: Science experiment for the one minute we have to tell you about why we love Quint's electrolytes, including watermelon salt, raspberry salt, and I'm holding a citrus salt. Just opened it in a poor some powder into my water, shake it up and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 1: I love Quints because after a long night out, a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity, it tastes great and it gives me all the electrolytes I need. Why sugar free Stevy, a free keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 4: It does taste really good. I'm drinking it right now while we talking about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's q u i ncee dot com slash foul for free shipping and three sixty five day returns quins dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, so.
Speaker 2: There were some streakers tonight. If the Yankees win one more, they will be streaking, maybe one two straight. We'll see if they can make it three tomorrow. Here's Brian Man.
Speaker 5: We've been saying there for a while, Derek right, play the US. Let's see what these guys can do out there. Man, give him a shot. Look at Jones out there, really coming up big. Obviously, Lombard is just a stud. He's gonna be solid. He made that little error trying to rush your play, but don't expect too many of those, in my opinion. All in all, love love the way the team actually was swinging the bats today. A lot of people looking dangerous up there. Again, sometimes you put these young guys in there and can just energize the entire team. And it kind of looked like that tonight. I don't know what do you think?
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate the call? Yeah, I mean, young guys doing the job. Tonight. You had multi hits for Spencer Jones and George Lombard. They both look good. They're both improving. Remember, people were wondered wondering if Lombard could hit. Well. I think he's proven that he can hit. We'll see if the league adjusts, but right now he can hit.
Speaker 3: Here's a call from Nashville, and from Nashville. Here half of the eighth up, eight to five. It's time to give them head and put them to bed.
Speaker 6: Y Yankee, I like it.
Speaker 7: There's Mary Beth, Oh, Derek, Mary Beth, and you're gonna have such a good show tonight.
Speaker 4: Let's call this a laugh for okay.
Speaker 3: Ten runs, Oh my god, and the kids.
Speaker 2: Everybody's doing great.
Speaker 5: It's the way.
Speaker 3: It's like the old days. I just love this and I think Boss is gonna lose, so Yankees win.
Speaker 2: This is a good night.
Speaker 3: I look forward to your show.
Speaker 8: Bye.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the call, Mary Beth, great attitude as always. Here's Michael Yo.
Speaker 8: Derek is McMichael from the Jersey Brother. Finally, the Yankees are sticking together hit, They're putting together runs like it's crazy how you can make how a team can make you hate them and then just a one inning can make you full in love with them all over again. Brother, you just gotta love baseball, man. But this is the type of baseball that we need to see. This is the type of baseball that if we play this way, we will be He took out in the twenty six will cite champions with this pitching and hitting like that. Come on, but who can stop?
Speaker 2: I love the optimism. I love the optimism we'll see I don't know. I want to see uh. I want to see them do it more than one day out of a week.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Let's let's see him sustain this for a while.
Speaker 3: Here's Louis, Louis Pedifield here, it's been a while. I got it. Question, let's thought, I'm watching, Uh, this guy, I bet the guy that came up the god, the left handed eron Judge.
Speaker 2: I forgot his name, Spencer Jones.
Speaker 3: Anyway, do you think he's he's able to get into the home run derby?
Speaker 8: Heel, if you take a crack at the home run derby, you think he wins, he will come up on top.
Speaker 3: I just I just thought about that.
Speaker 2: I think you're a little premature. I mean, guy's got five home runs as a rookie. Uh, I'm sure if he's ever in a home run derby, he's big and strong enough that he could probably win it. But let's let's cross that bridge. When we get there. It's call about Garcia.
Speaker 6: Hey, they're honestly the way Garcia has been playing recently. I feel that he's back to what some people were talking about right before he played the first game with us, where they said they might use him as a platoon when Stan comes back, and I honestly I'm scene and now he's cooled off, not calling him a bad player.
Speaker 7: I know he's still a great hitter.
Speaker 6: But I'm not too worried about when stant comes.
Speaker 7: Back, like where they're going to play, especially the way he's playing right now. I think they'll figure it out, which is completely fine.
Speaker 6: When he was high, I think it was more of a conversation.
Speaker 7: But right now I think Stan is going to start at least versus you know, his most dominant kind of pictures.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see that John Carlos Stanton. There were videos of him on social media and he ran to second base and he lived, he survived. But yes, Garcia, I think we'll play against righty's and I think Stanton will play against lefties. I don't think you can play Dan and every single day. I don't think you can do it. And if he starts hitting, if he gets hot, then maybe a give more backs against righties. But we'll see what they do in the postseason. That'll be interesting. Uh, here's a call from Caden.
Speaker 3: Hey, Derek, this is Caden from Tennessee Colin. I really liked what Ron McMahon's been doing for the Yankees. Recently started to pick it up. And number two. I know it's early with in a Yankee stint, but Elliott Romos does not look fite what we needed. I was very excited about seeing Henry uh Lane, but we got this gun instead. Oh boy, I thought Henry Lallani could have been really good for us, but nope, we got Elliott.
Speaker 2: That that that was the stages of grief. Call right there, right now. I Henry Lallane is at high A with the Eugene Emeralds. He is this so far this season, he's thrown twenty in the third innings, twenty two strikeouts, five walks, two point sixty six erra. The problem with him is that he has been hurt a lot. But he's six seven, two hundred eleven pounds, has nasty stuff, good fastball, good slider, and I think he's gonna be a stud if he ever stays healthy. But Jesse Sam says, I don't care about Stanton's legs. Let Lieutenant Stan doesn't have legs. One more time from John Sterling game over, Yes wins yank. All right, guys, I'm gonna call it a night. Good night for the Yanngs. Ten runs. They answered our prayers. They made us not stress so much there at the end. Great job by the bullpen Trent Grisham with the belt, couple of mustache rides. I'll catch you guys tomorrow afternoon game. Don't miss it. Hey, thanks for watching shing. If you're new to the channel, do all the YouTube stuff like and subscribe. Also, we've got a store Nyy Designs dot shop. It's got all sorts of fun t shirts, mugs, hats. You can also get podcast merch at pinstripe territory shop dot com. We're also on every podcast platform, so go ahead and subscribe to the audio version as well, and give us five stars if you don't mind, if we earned it. We'll see you next time.