Speaker 1: This is the Patriots Training Camp Cast. The Patriots Training Camp Cast is your source for all the news from Patriots Training Camp.
Speaker 2: Well, I do still watch the news.
Speaker 3: Practice is over, but the writers of Patriots dot com have.
Speaker 2: You covered what did I miss yesterday? Now here to.
Speaker 4: Review today's practice the writers of Patriots dot com.
Speaker 5: All right, welcome into another another episode of the Patriots Training Campcast. I'm Mike you So, joined by Tamara Brown and Paul Parillo and guys.
Speaker 2: This was a little bit of a different feel today.
Speaker 5: We had a season ticket holder practice, so medium sized crowd. We had Evan out there doing some live commentary. A little bit of a different feel, but overall, Paul just felt like more of the same.
Speaker 2: To me, it felt like we had some ups, we had some downs.
Speaker 5: There were some positives they'll get into in a second, but overall, to me, it just felt like a continuation where fits and starts for no.
Speaker 2: Matter who's kind of planning.
Speaker 3: One of the things that's really starting to stand out to me is how long it takes them to get into practice.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: They were about twenty to two twenty five minutes before their helmets even went on. You know, a very extended walm up period. I guess it makes a little sense coming off a game they were, they were off, you know, they had some treatment on Friday, off on Saturday, so you know, working their way back in slowly. But I did think it was another one of those sort of methodical plotting kind of practices. Now, I will say this on a positive side, saw our little tempo today on the offense. It didn't take as long to me between plays. It looked like there was an emphasis on getting more plays run. You know, they went back and forth basically was all Brissette in May today again, So I did I did find that a positive, the tempo of the offense game.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the temple had to do with the refs being there today. This was the first practice of training camp that we've seen them. Obviously we saw them in mini camp, but having them today there today was nice. I feel like it helped see a lot more with the smooth operations that Paul was mentioning in his Key to the game, I feel like we were able to see a lot of those moments pop up today in practice, the lay of games, balls being batted down, the line of scrimmage, and complete passes et cetera. So it's nice having them out there.
Speaker 2: Re huddles a couple of times. Job Man, I had to call it still an issue. It's still an issue. They'll give him a little kick of them.
Speaker 5: But but you said the word pop Tamara, and I'm gonna say tomorrow. Douglas back today, not in the red jersey, very active, and I think you know, for me, Paul, he just kind of stands out like he has a different you know, nothing crazy, but was able to strink together a few nice catches and his presence on the field just it jumps out at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: To me, he's the only guy who consistently gets open and he I mean, I know there was a coverage breakdown on a seven on seven. He had a deep over. He was completely uncovered. Something happened on that play. Kyle Duggart after practice talked a little bit about they got to tighten some communication issues up. He talked about it more being pre snap stuff that they weren't necessarily aligned properly. But yeah, Douglas is to me, he stands out with the receiver group and to be honest, even that today was mostly quick stuff around the line of scrimmage. But that one deep over and seven on seven, he's the only one that gets open consistently.
Speaker 1: I will say. And with the wide receiver group today not having Juju out there, you did see guys get more reps like I saw Thornton get multiple reps. I don't know IF's because Thornton was out of I think the last practice that we watched. Yeah, but he showed up a few times today too, after Pop Douglass of course, where he was making a bunch of catches. So it interesting to see as they continue down the line how the reps do get divvied up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Pop coming out of the red jersey was certainly an item of note. Unfortunately, still know Marcus Jones. Similar thing for him today where all of a sudden I look at the end of practice and he's like out there, but you know, he doesn't participate at all.
Speaker 2: Marty Map who continues to.
Speaker 5: Watch some of the tackle injuries that we thought maybe might pop up, So it doesn't seem to be a problem.
Speaker 2: A Korra four is back out there, Wallace is out there.
Speaker 5: The top two group remains Viderian Lowe on the left side, a chor of four on the right side. And you know, maybe one of the more interesting things though, guys, was just the kicker. Competition ramped up a little bit today, and I've never seen anything like this before. But you had all kinds of guys closing in, trying to psych him out, yelling at him, loud music.
Speaker 2: It was like blaring, which.
Speaker 3: The only thing missing was Bill scoring the holder, trying to get him wet, get the ball wet, you know, usually he sprays the ball down. But yeah, there was a lot of that was probably I mean, you could take this for what it's worth. It was probably the most energetic portion of practice. Yeah, and the entire team was involved.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Honestly reminded me of free thirds at the end of a basketball game and the student section like waving their hands and going crazy. That's what it reminded me of. And it was nice to see the guys. You know, they both missed a few, they made a few. It was good competition, all right.
Speaker 5: Well, the Patriots are going to be back on the field on Monday. We're anticipating with the Eagles coming to town on Tuesday, maybe they'll probably downshift a little bit tomorrow. I don't expect another padded practice we've seen a bunch of padded practice.
Speaker 3: My guess is they'll be in pads for the joint practice on Tuesday, so yeah, I would I would think no pads tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So busy week coming up, Eagles coming to town Tuesday, and then they'll play on Thursday night, another preseason game. So we're rolling right along, folks. We hope you'll stick with us here as Training Camp continues to roll on.
Speaker 4: Thank you for downloading this podcast. Subscribe on Apple, Google Play, and everywhere else you listen. Like the show, please rate and review us. Listener comments and ratings help keep us high in the podcast rankings so new listeners can find us. Be sure to check Patriots dot com for more news and more podcasts.