Speaker 1: The second date update. Most of the time when we have listeners come back on the show for another second date update, it's because we screwed up on the first tribe wow and failed to help them. Yeah, I mean, you're right, bro, it is what we do best. I agree, But that's actually not the case today because we have a guy named Abraham on the phone. I don't know if you remember him, but last time he was on Good Old Honest, Abe was at a bowling alley eating grilled cheese sandwiches when he accidentally started chatting with another random woman that he thought was his date.
Speaker 2: Dude grilled cheese girl.
Speaker 1: Right her, and she turned out to be someone completely different, not related at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she ordered like how many girl cheeses?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and ate them all.
Speaker 1: But I was talking. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: He didn't even want to date her. He wanted to date his actual date.
Speaker 3: Like she was very intriguing.
Speaker 1: I don't think the menu was the main part of the story. To focus on.
Speaker 4: The food part of it was amazing.
Speaker 1: The part that I remember is that we got a yes from his date.
Speaker 4: At that time, his actual date grilled cheese.
Speaker 1: Girl and we reconnected him. They were supposed to go out again. So I don't know why he's reaching out to us. Now, Abraham, what happened?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, Well, we went out on a couple more dates and it just didn't work out.
Speaker 4: It fizzled.
Speaker 1: So now we're calling a different woman, I assume.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So her name is Charlotte and she's amazing.
Speaker 1: Just said about the last girl.
Speaker 4: Hey, come on, Charlotte.
Speaker 3: We met online actually, and she first of all, her picture is beautiful. She's really smart and funny, and even just like chatting, there was chemistry. Was this really nice and it was just really easy.
Speaker 4: You sound so excited. I love this because I remember last time you called it, we really concentrated on, you know, the other woman that was involved. But this time it sounds like it's all about Charlotte, and you sounded.
Speaker 1: More defeated last time. This time you sound optimistic and hopeful. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm optimistic for the person. I'm just really embarrassed that I screwed up again.
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: So here we finally went on our first date. It was going amazingly well, better than expected. We went out to dinner. About halfway through, I had to go to the bathroom. And then probably one of the most embarrassing things that's ever happened to me happened, and I wanted to just fully say it was my fault. She had nothing to do with it. I basically okay, I had to get out of there.
Speaker 4: What wait, did you have any Did you have an accident? Is that what you mean, like you went to the.
Speaker 3: Bathroom and had I would rather not say.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you accidentally kiss another guy in there? Wait?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No one was thinking that? Jeh, That's what always happens to me. It's like, oops, how did that happen? So you ditched her?
Speaker 3: So, I mean not like just cold. So you went.
Speaker 4: Back to the table and then said you had to leave.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. It's hard to explain. I had to get out of there. I went to the car and I texted her. I just said, hey, I had something came up. I'm so sorry. I have to go.
Speaker 1: Oh no, how could it be that bad where you can't even face her?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know that I want details if it was that bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, oh, that man that can't feel good like alexis. How would you feel if you were on a date with a guy who went to the bathroom and then never came back and just sent you a text being like, sorry, I'm leaving.
Speaker 2: I would never talk to him again.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean, but let's say he paid for your meal and your uber home.
Speaker 2: Oh money works to save all my problems.
Speaker 1: There, did you venmo Charlotte?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 3: Actually you didn't? What?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you paid for the meal? Still wait, how like?
Speaker 5: What did you say?
Speaker 3: I basically just said I had an emergency and I had to go. I'm sorry that I had to dip out, and then basically just replied to emojis and I didn't know what they meant, but I looked it up and it was not kind.
Speaker 1: Like when you string a bunch of emojis together and they mean something middle finger emoji.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, I just need your guys' help. I just I don't want her to know that something like happened in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Dude, how are we going to get you another date without telling her what happened.
Speaker 1: We'll have to find a way to skirt around it. But oh man, we'll play a song, we'll come back, and I normally don't have to ask our listeners to do this, but please for the love of God, do not use the bathroom in between these two songs, because I don't know what's going to happen to you in there, Abraham, but we need you for the second part of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh no, I'm yeah, no, not going to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: We'll come back. We'll get your second date update right after this update.
Speaker 4: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 1: What happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom, at least today it does.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're going to keep it there.
Speaker 1: Yes, listen one time and one time only, because one of our listeners, Abraham had something embarrassing go down while he was using the restroom in the middle of his first date, and it was so bad he had to just ditch right there.
Speaker 4: Oh. I just feel so bad for him. I can't imagine what. Yeah, I know, but it's like, oh, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: We feel bad, and we don't even know the details of what happened because he's too shy to even tell us. Now, to his credit, he did venmo his date Charlotte to pay for the meal. Yeah, he said he was sorry, and he asked for a.
Speaker 4: Redo all over text right, All.
Speaker 1: He's gotten back are vulgar emojis. Huh deserve I.
Speaker 4: Mean, you're ditch in the middle of a restaurant. You're not going to believe any excuse somebody gives you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Abraham, how hopeful are you for this one?
Speaker 3: On a scale of one to ten, like seven point five? That's harder than me?
Speaker 2: Ye could it?
Speaker 1: Because this is going to be hard. All you got to do is get her to just forgive you, and then other than that, that's the only bad thing that happened On the.
Speaker 4: Same How do you forgive someone when you don't tell them what happened?
Speaker 3: I mean, because you don't want.
Speaker 4: Us to mention anything about an embarrassing situation.
Speaker 1: We just need a good enough lie, food poisoning, common accurate. I think we won't expose you for whatever happened. Okay, well mainly we're not going to expose him because we honestly have no idea what happened.
Speaker 4: Is that smart not to tell us anyway?
Speaker 1: All the let's just call Charlotte and see what she has to say. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Charlotte. Yeah, hey, Charlotte, this is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, you have.
Speaker 1: A lovely voice, by the way, I just feel like I need to say that. And a nice name, beautiful name.
Speaker 2: How do you know my name? How do you get my number?
Speaker 5: And my name?
Speaker 1: Oh? I didn't even get to compliment your number, beautiful phone number. Lots of wonderful numbers.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm trying to do everything I can because we're calling you, Charlotte on behalf of one of our listeners. Who you went out on a date with the other night.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Which?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Which guy? Which that That means you're seeing the lot of guys right now, which.
Speaker 4: Is fine, I mean, not a lot of.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 1: His name is Abraham?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, seriously, Yeah, yeah, freaking jerk wants to get a hold of me now.
Speaker 3: He's well, I mean.
Speaker 4: I can understand why you're so upset with him, Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Even what kind of pathetic guide is is someone in the middle of a date and then like a radio station to get me on the phone.
Speaker 1: And I agree, despicable. But we're just trying to do our jobs here. And trying to help him reconnect with you because he did feel an honest vibe going on.
Speaker 2: If he did feel an honest vibe, why would he do that? Like I spent an hour over an hour getting ready and then he just abandoned me halfway through the meal. If he really had an honest connection with me.
Speaker 1: Whatever, that wouldn't happened, Charlotte. I can tell you right now. He said it was one hundred percent his fault. It was on him. But he couldn't tell you the reason why he had to leave.
Speaker 2: He just had to go okay, fine, But then like, but he didn't he didn't tell you either.
Speaker 1: No, that bothered me too.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not like he has another girlfriend or wife or anything like that. It's nothing. It's nothing terrible.
Speaker 1: We don't know that.
Speaker 2: He has no explanation and there is just no excuse, Like I don't see any kind of situation unless there was some fantastic reason, like his apartment was on fire, or his dog got loose and like I don't know, got run over, but I don't know why he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Wag on fire. Yeah, or he got kidnapped in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, maybe the reason isn't important. I think how he feels now and how he felt even at the time, it does matter.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well, we can't give you the answers to that, but someone who can is actually on the other line listening right now. It's Abraham.
Speaker 5: Hey, Charlotte, Oh my god, Wow, this is how you try to talk to me.
Speaker 3: God, listen, listen. I honestly I wish that my house has been on fire. What like I wish that that was what had happened.
Speaker 1: Hopefully your insurance company isn't listening.
Speaker 3: Right because the truth is, it's just something very bad and embarrassing happened. I just I needed to get out of that that restaurant, Like.
Speaker 2: What was your ex there or something like?
Speaker 5: You need to tell me.
Speaker 3: That would have been that would have been preferable.
Speaker 1: Let's stop, let's stop.
Speaker 4: Maybe all the things you would have preferred to have happened.
Speaker 1: Look, Abraham, look, I think in order for this to go well for you, you might need to tell everybody what happened in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: We all have terrible embarrassing things happened myself in a JC penny.
Speaker 1: I don't it's easier to share when other people share first, Well, you don't have to be specific either. Just give us a general idea of the problem that you faced.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm going to say it. And the only reason I'm doing this is because I really like you, Charlotte, and I want to go on a second date with you, and so the only reason I'm going to embarrass myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's kind of sweet, it is, Okay, just say it, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: I was. I was very excited for our date, and I was very nervous. So I was drinking a lot of water and I had to go to the bathroom, and so I ran into the bathroom and I went for the first urinal without even thinking. And I didn't wash my hands before I went to the bathroom. And if you remember that, before I went into the bathroom, I was eating hot wings and I didn't properly clean off my fingers. And then I went to the bathroom and I was in a lot of pain.
Speaker 5: My husband, wait.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh at his pain.
Speaker 3: Don't go so you I think you know what happened. I had a hot wing sauce on my fingers and then it touched a very sensitive area.
Speaker 4: What are you supposed to do run to the bathroom and wash it off in the seat?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you pain blast quote fix that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I am so sorry. That is so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Tried to warn you.
Speaker 2: I I had no idea, like I feel so.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I wanted to come and talk to you in person, but I was in I mean like, there was you're coming down my face. I had home and take a shower down there.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine what the other people in the bathroom thought.
Speaker 1: Is your crying? Don't tell him that, Charlotte. Embarrassment? Yeah, I mean seriously, I can't believe he just publicly embarrassed himself in order to go out with you one more time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like something was definitely on fire.
Speaker 1: We can create a different type of fire and keep the spark of romance going Wing restaurant. I don't know we can we can have some ranch dip. Okay, I'm just gonna ask it flat out, then, Charlotte, we'd like to send you and Abraham out on another date and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, when you first called me, I was like, there's no chance in how But I gotta say, like that takes some guts to.
Speaker 5: Say this to me, so I appreciate the effort and yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: All right, Abraham, we're two for two with you now on Second Date up Dates.
Speaker 5: Wait, what do you mean to for two?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'll tell you about it at our next date.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's an embarrassing story. I'd rather not talk about it on the air in front of people. I'm a little shy.
Speaker 4: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We got our wet naps ready because Abraham and Charlotte are both back for an extra spicy edition of the Second Date Up Date up Dates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a feeling that he is only ordering really tame vanilla food from here.
Speaker 1: Naked naked wings. Abraham, Charlotte, welcome back to the show him.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm so excited to talk to you too.
Speaker 1: How's your relationship?
Speaker 3: Were going pretty good? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're still going.
Speaker 4: Strong, and that you're finishing each other sentences.
Speaker 1: Talking over each other and not listening whatever.
Speaker 4: What's the big update though, Like just that you guys are together and you're doing good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're really happy.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 5: Oh I do have kind of a bone to pick with you guys. Oh yeah, with you guys. So you know how you guys gave us a gift card for the second date.
Speaker 4: So that we would pay for your meal and we went out again, so it expired.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, Wait wait wait it was expired when you got it, or you waited too long to go out.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, we went like a week afterward, and then like they just sorry, it's not valid anymore.
Speaker 1: They do give us the gift unless elect just took it into like one of the sun Tan beds with her just reactivated. Yeah, you're so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Sorry, did you contact our promotions department?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: We I mean we ended up just splitting the bill and it was just kind of a funny story for our friends.
Speaker 1: About this cheap radio station.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like I should memo you some money or someone who yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Brook will send you too grand just give us.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't complain about that.
Speaker 1: That's not true. That's also an expiring off. But your your your guys' relationship that's still intact.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, or nine months? We just wow, we avoid any place that sells wings.
Speaker 5: Basically I would be able to eat wings on my own.
Speaker 1: You're story.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys serve him at the wedding
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning,