Speaker 1: You found Fantasy Football Weekly Micro a deep dive on one player in just five to ten minutes. Now here's your host, Paul Chargian Fantasy Football Weekly Micro Edition. I'm Paul Charchian, my co host as usual Tyler cannably usual for these for the micros. Yep, yeah, you're you're the micro guy. I am the microphy around town. Now.
Speaker 2: I can't say I've had anybody coming after Robert.
Speaker 1: As the micro guy. Would you sign with your your real name or would you sign as the micro guy?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe a combination of both. Tyler micro Guy. There's my new Twitter handle.
Speaker 1: I like it. Uh, there might be somebody you'd like us to break down and one of these micro editions, we encourage you to tweet at us your the players you'd like us to break down at Paul charging on Twitter at Tyler canably k n A E B l E.
Speaker 2: Soon to be the micro guy.
Speaker 1: The micro guy, that's you. You should change it to the micro guy. It's you know, it's probably gone.
Speaker 2: It probably is. Yeah, Oh you should check.
Speaker 1: I wonder if i'd like to know. Today and this week we're breaking down all non rookies, but sill, these are all veteran players who are came out winners for various reasons on draft day. Who do you want to talk about today?
Speaker 2: I can't even believe when we're talking about this guy, but Cam Akers running back thirty four last year, currently going off the board as RB twenty four. Yeah, he was a winner because the only running back they drafted was Zach Evans in the fifth round, who doesn't seem like a threat right now. And Kyra Williams, the draft for last year, didn't do anything with the opportunity he was given last year. So cam Akers seems to be the RB, the RB one here in the with the Rams Rams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, which says plenty you know every I think most of our listeners know. It was a tale of two seasons for Zach. And while we get plenty of things wrong on this show, man, did we nail cam Akers. We spent all August begging you not to draft cam Acres and he was brutal through the first twelve weeks. He was arguably the biggest bust in Fantasy football. Do you know where he finished? Which RB number he finished at through twelve weeks? Without looking, No, I don't RB seventy fours.
Speaker 2: So tough, it's so bad. It's so tough.
Speaker 1: Thirty two teams in the league. That means if you took the top two running backs off of all thirty two teams, that gets you to sixty four players. Cam Akers wasn't better than those guys.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you were doing a huge victory lap after the opening that game where he had maybe two carries and everyone was like, what's going on here? What's going on?
Speaker 1: There was some of that. I won't lie there. You know what there was there was some peak docking. I'm not you know, yep, it's it's true. It absolutely happened. But let's give cam Akers credit. And you know, the Rams stuck with him, I think in part just because they have a choice. But week thirteen onward, where did he finish?
Speaker 2: He was the RB three three from weeks thirteen to seventeen. That is insane. I can't even believe that's a real stat. When when I looked it up, I said, that gave you right to make sure my settings were right and all the right filters. I was like, there's no way that's possible. But I think when you look at kind of what he was working with, this old line was terrible.
Speaker 1: It was awful, terrible. Here Pro Football Focus ranked the run blocking line at nineteenth. I don't think they were nearly that good. Guy had guys in and out all season, lots of injuries, and with the offensive line. They spent their thirty sixth pick on a guard center from TCU named Steve Avila. It was viewed as a reach pick, but still, hey, we'll take it. Yeah, offensive line help always good and returning from injury. They get their big their tackle back, Joe Noteboom, who's very important to that offense. And obviously they get Cooper Cup back. They get Matthew Stafford back. So offense is going to get better for the Rams Tyler, So you know there's reason to believe just the whole offense gets better. You're cam Akers, nobody's stealing a nobody's stealing a goal line carry from Cam Akers. What's his touchdown? Upside his touchdown?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like we're kind of just fast like rewinding to what we were talking about him last year because it seemingly is the same situation. I didn't go as planned for him, but it's the same. It's still got McVeigh. He still got Stafford, He's still got all these weapons that can be a highest scoring offense. His touch onf upside in this offense, assuming Staffords stays healthy, Cups stays healthy, you still have all these guys. He can be like a ten to twelve plus touchdown guy.
Speaker 1: He can be legit, you can't for sure, Yeah, because there's nobody else to steal a goal line carry from him, which is you know, that's that counts for a lot. And I made notes of this. We actually did a whole Fantasy Football Weekly podcast in February that was things to remember for next year. One of them was Cam Akers look good. He legitimately looked good. It was not a mirage. He looked spry, he is.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's another year removed from that achilles injury that he suffered a couple of years back. So he can only be more explosive than he was last season. And when he wasn't like out there, Darryl Henderson was a very smash hit in fantasy two seasons ago. Yeah, when when Akers was out in that offense is rolling Henderson. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it must be with like a top fifteen to twenty guy. Yeah, so he was okay, And we like to think camp Akers is a lot better than Dale or Henderson, who they try to like get rid of a lot of time.
Speaker 1: Try.
Speaker 2: It felt like they tried to get rid of him and just like give like other guys like Malcolm Brown a ton of work. It's like Dale Henderson was the guy who kind of just took over that backfield.
Speaker 1: All right, So you know, let's let's talk about where camp Makers just go. We think he's got double digit touchdown upside for sure. I'm gonna assume he's gonna play all the games because I almost always do that unless they have some reason I think you won't play all the games. I think camp Makers sits it. Like you said, ten to twelve touchdown sounds about right, maybe more if you know, if you told me he's gonna get a typical team will run the ball from inside the five yard line thirty times in a season, cam Akers is gonna get almost all thirty. If he converts that into twelve touchdowns just from inside the five, that's all very reasonable. And now he's looking at fifteen touchdown upside, which would be crazy. So let's see if other people have sniffed this thing out, and where where's he going nationally? What's his where's cam Aker's ADP? Right now?
Speaker 2: I save this one because I knew we were going to talk about it. Isaiah Pacheco, who we just talked about on a fancy that.
Speaker 1: On micro Yeah, he's going at the same spot. Is that fail? That's what I'm saying. Yeah, okay, yeah, as Pacheco, But he gives cam Akers gives you, in theory, a little more upside, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: For sure, Yeah, definitely more. I think a little bit more passing work. I mean there's not they don't really necessarily have a receiving back who you look at and be like, that's their receiving back, that's their third down back. I think cam Akers could play a role there as well. So I think that's the ADP.
Speaker 1: What's cam Akers ADP?
Speaker 2: His ADP is RB twenty four, all right.
Speaker 1: So people are so people are kind of onto this. The finish is RB three in December, so forward, So you know, twenty four means there's still some hesitancy out there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of name website here. Yeah, all right, so we got is able to check over the first one who'd rather have.
Speaker 1: I think given that cam Akers doesn't really have anybody to compete with him, well, neither's a Pacheco. But as we discussed in the Pacheco thing, this offense just doesn't go through him and he doesn't catch. I think I'm taking cam Akers, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, newly acquired Philadelphia Eagles running back DeAndre Swift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm out as he'll just be a committee backfield.
Speaker 2: So you're not swifted out at all.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: I think he's the most explosive running back they have on that team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why the Lions took Jamier Gibbs with pick twelve. Yeah. I'm just they know, they know everything there is to know about Swift and they don't want him on the team.
Speaker 2: But you don't think DeAndre Swift has some similar upside that Sanders had last season?
Speaker 1: No, stylistically totally different guy. Yep, Nope, not interested all right? No. Rashad White, Rashad White it all? Why does it always come back to Rashad White Man. We've talked about that guy a lot. Rashad White gives me the PPR upside that Acres does not have. But I don't think he's got the touchdown upside that Acres has got, and at the end of the day, I want touchdowns. Fair enough, I'm gonna go Camp Acres.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go Camp Akers as well. All right, all right, Javonte Williams. Let's say he plays yeah too much unknowns with the play twelve games. Let's say he misses the first four when he plays twelve.
Speaker 1: See, here's just philosophically, Tyler. I don't like drafting guys that have an unknown timetable. And I'm gonna like miss September and early October with because now I'm there's too much risk that I'm one in four and my season is circling the drain, and I'm making desperate moves. I'm making bad moves, desperate moves. I gotta win now. I hate that stuff. I want to win early. Give me guys with the early schedule. That's great, Guys that don't have the encumbents of injury and all the other things early on, and and then I'll move those guys and I'll sell high when my team's four and one. I hate being I hate starting one and four.
Speaker 2: See. The thing is, as I'm totally with you, I don't like to draft injured players. Don't draft for injury because then injuries are going to come back and find you. So I'm with you on that, right. But something about these Sean Payton running backs that I just I'm just getting mark Ingram Kamara, Latavious Murray, all these guys in my head and it introduced me, It intrigues me, Javonte Williams. But I'll go camp Makers. Okay, last one, Damian Pierce.
Speaker 1: You know I feel about Damian Peers is not yeah close. I love Damian Pierce. They're gonna throw to them more this year. I just I just I love what they're building in Houston.
Speaker 2: I'll go Damian Pierce as well. So kind of we're kind of wishy washy on Akers's ADP right now, a little bit yep, but.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, but I'm seeing upside that I would not have expected in cam Akers had we not talked this through. And that's the whole purpose.
Speaker 2: So you're not gonna tell you're to all the listeners to not draft them no matter what. This easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was last year's advice. But you know, hey, game changes, you gotta do different things, and we're We're gonna move on because we yeah, we get to do that here this year.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be trailing burks.
Speaker 1: I might, I might, that might, that might be happening. We'll find out. Thank you for listening, everybody. We as always and I'm not sure about the status of next week's Fantasy Football Weekly. Micros might have them, might not. There's vacation time, there's scheduling. We had some things we gotta work through, but we encourage you to obviously subscribe and continue listening anyway. No matter what, we will be here for sure with our regular Fantasy Football weeklies next week. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.