Speaker 1: Leading Off starts right now, brought to you by bet MGM right here on Fantasy Pros. I am the Welsh Chris Welsh. Thank you guys for hanging out and checking out Leading Off today and joining me on the show. The live stream of the podcast is the one the Only. Casey Bubba Beaty Interrich on Twitter. My man, Casey Bubba, what's up brother?
Speaker 2: Not much, my friend.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure to sit down and chat with you, talking some baseball actions. So looking forward to another fun one here top.
Speaker 1: Of the morning. To you look at us, we're like the inverse shave I had like a beard. I usually quotes I'm all shaved down here and Bubba shaved on the top. We would make one big What is the cleaning guy? What was the cleaning guy? White? Mister cleanya exactly? We would be mister clean if you put us both together. There are things to talk about. There's prospect stuff, there's call ops, there's bets, and we're gonna do it all here. But why not start What would a Leading Off in twenty twenty two be if we didn't talk about show? Hey Otani, we did talk about him yesterday, but I don't know if you know this, but the huge, huge change in the MVP Awards have gone at least on the odd side, and Otani is now like plus four to fifty. But that's not necessarily the thing to talk about here, though. Whenever Otani does something it's massively, massively interesting. Actually, you know what I didn't even think to do this is to look up what the betting is, because yesterday it was like six point fifty for Judge and plus four fifty for Otani. Well, Otani does a little business. He struck out eight batters, getting up to one sixty five, putting him in second place in Angel's history for most strikeouts through twenty starts. Only Nolan Ryan had two hundred and eleven strikeouts through twenty starts. That was in nineteen seventy seven, which is absurd. Yeah, and Bubba, I'm gonna take a look. I don't know if you had looked to have it up here. I wanted to see if the odds moved at all on Otani from yesterday, and let's do it here Player Awards, And I'm gonna guess it's maybe a no, not an ounce, not an ounce. Do you think it's done? Do you think it's done. Otani has been such a whirlwind for fantasy guys this year, even though the offense hasn't quite been what it was last year. Off it's a credible pitching I think has even been more stellar. But the odds are not moving whatsoever. Plus four fifty for Otani MVP.
Speaker 3: I think the odds are outstanding. I've been saying it since day one. Everyone's been like, Oh, Judge, Judge, I'm like, Toani is the guy, that's the one you want right there, so.
Speaker 2: You still want it though I do.
Speaker 3: I think he's It's either they give him the cy Young or they give him the MVP, or they give him both.
Speaker 2: Like you can't ignore what he's doing. It's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: No one else in baseball can pitch an amazing game and hit a home run in the same game.
Speaker 2: Just doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I want to make the bet, but I get to I don't know if it's a bet I would make right now because I think I think there's a conspire against I don't. I just don't think it's going to happen with where Judge is going. But it just sparks the conversation after striking out another eight batters. Player props have been really great for him with Tani. When we're tall, said and done, we're going to look at some ridiculously stupid numbers. The Yankees lost four to nothing to the Rays and are now eight and fourteen since the All Star break, Bubba, Are the Yankees in trouble at all? Are they going to be reeling a little bit now?
Speaker 2: Their offense is struggling.
Speaker 3: I love the idea that it's Joey Gallow's fault because he can't get on base anymore for the Yankees.
Speaker 2: But I think they'll be fine. They play home things.
Speaker 1: The biggest, like they got worse when he was gone.
Speaker 2: That's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's the joke you see everywhere. So I think I think they'll be fine. To get Chapman back in the ninth, give home some breathers. That's what's cost him. Homes is blown like four straight saved now or something like that. So that's a that's a big difference maker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I you know, there's nothing really is else to like pick apart from them. You know, they dealt with they're injuries. I think they've dealt with most of their guys there are. I could see the potential if they wanted to mess around with some stuff. If you know, the streak gets ridiculous, you know business talking about Aaron Hicks being atrocious. They do have a couple pieces in the minor leagues that maybe they could bring up those what Paraza is kind of the they continuously bring up Bestevon Florial, who's really shown that he's absolutely nothing. But they do got a guy or two that are floating out there. If those we Paraza got picked up, I'd be really interesting if they wanted to have that little influx. But there's just not a lot of spots for him. They're gonna keep going with Lemayhew and ikf That's just what they do. Haaveer bay Is yesterday hit one of the craziest and one of my favorite pitches of all time. I am a sucker. I am a I become a completely stupid person. I smile with my teeth out like an idiot when I see and it always came from my favorite player when I grew up, Vladimir Guerrero. When I see a guy hit an absolutely the insane ball, when a guy shows no real plate presence, but then has the ability to barrow like Vlad would do, where you'd have a ball in the dirt and he would hit a home run off his shoe tops. Yesterday, a ball a slider came in. It looked like a slider bounced hit off the ground and Javier Baias, I mean, he essentially golf teed it into center field and it was an out. But Bubba I was kind of thinking about this, like is it still a flyout if the ball hit the ground and then he hit it? I was I don't know. There was a part of me that was thinking like, shouldn't the trajectory of what the out was be changed if the ball hit the ground? Or I guess, is it still just a normal flyout? It didn't feel like a flyout to me. No.
Speaker 3: And I was literally sitting where I am right now, editing the Fantasy Pros article with the game on the background, and I just like, aw another pop up from Baias.
Speaker 2: He's just horrible right now.
Speaker 3: And then the announcers got into it showed the replay my jad has hit the floor, like, oh my goodness, here we are again with haave Baya's So I say fly out because you know, we're in the staf cast revolution and the launch angle is way too high for a ground ball, so I'm going fly out.
Speaker 2: But I get your logic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm looking right here. I mean it is that. I guess my point is like it it didn't have a straight trajectory where it didn't it hit something. It hit something before the ball came in. So there's a part of me that was like, does this count? And it was a manual Class A by the way, and I think it's the designation they are pitching. Ninja said that it was a slider, but you know, that might be the designated cutter or something like that. But I wish I could share this on here. The set up in the overlays and stuff don't really allow me. I do do this on streams, but I'm watching it. It is an incredible feat, probably only something Javier Bias could do. I wo Hoavier Bias could literally be like a modern day era of Vladimir Guerrero if he had, like, you know, just even seventy percent, sixty percent of Vladimir Guerrero's talent. Unfortunately, Javier Bias is missing a couple of those key ingredients that make Vladimir Gurero so great in what he is her hometown one of your hometown teams. I always forget if you're a Are you a Giant, your Giants.
Speaker 2: Fan or a diehard Giants fan?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I grew up in the Bay Area and my family was kind of split. They were mostly A's fans. I was the San Francisco fan, but that was for the forty nine Ers, and I kind of grew up on the A's a little bit more than the Giants. But you're so then your crosstown rival. The A's are calling up Shane Langaliers, one of their top prospects catcher who has been phenomenal this year in the Miners. He's had nineteen homers, five stolen bases, a two eighty three batting average at three sixty six OVP. He played in the Futures Game, and if people don't remember, he won the Futures Game MVP by crushing at homer. Though maybe the most impressive piece was Corbyn Carroll, number one prospect in baseball for the Diamondbacks, was on second, went to steel third and Lengo Leers had a wrist flick throw him out at third. It was actually one of the most impressive throwauts I've seen this entire season. Shane Langaliers, I think is a dude, especially if they're gonna It's the type of guy that could immediately throw him into like a middle ish of the lineup for the A's because the A's are so bad. This is a guy I would be going to look and pick up. And I believe the news came down less than a half an hour ago that he's getting the call up. So what do you think about Shane Langoliers.
Speaker 2: It's very enticing.
Speaker 3: I did see that note earlier when they put Ramon Loreno on the IL, which, of course, if you're in weekly leagues, that's always the great Tuesday drop. But I I did see the Langoliers thing, and I'm curious as a guy that you know he's a catcher. Is he coming to the DH because Sean Murphy hasn't been great, has been horrible, Like, where does Langoliers fit in to get regular playing time? Because I do agree that bat's very enticing for the stretch run, but where does he fit in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm a couple of pieces torn here. I'm torn that, like we talked about with another prospect we're gonna talk about here in a minute. Could this be a short stint you talked about langle You know, when Lengliers comes back, he could jump up. This could only be a couple of weeks. They could then send him to the AFL if they want, and he could have full time next year. Again, this is that whole manipulation process. Can he work himself in the rest of the year. I don't know. I mean maybe if the team really wants to put him behind the plate, I think he would dh a decent amount. I think this is gonna be a great source of homers. But this is a great question. Riley asked, I've been holding Francisco Alvarez in a keeper league. Oh well, it's a keeper league. Keeper league, you hold. I didn't see the keeper league part. I thought you were. I think redraft is an interesting question. If you have the ability to hold some prospects in redraft, who would you rather have Shane Langleier's up now or the potential of Alvarez getting a run maybe in a couple of weeks. I mean, I do think the Mets are gonna bring him up. They've talked and talked and talked about it. I think they're manipulating this. This is the prime example of a guy that he's in the top one hundred of most of the lists. He breaks camp next year, golden, they get extra picks, you know, cheers all around. But Alvarez or Langolier's rest of year is kind of interesting, and I think I would think I would still hold Alvarez, as weird as that sounds, because I think he could be coming up any day and I would rather they're him than Langaliers. But I would try, and I think a lot of the prospects have shown us like make room to just at least try to pick them up. But the RBI opportunities are going to be kind of few and far between. But what do you think Alvarez or she Langliers rest of season?
Speaker 2: For rest of season, I'd say Shane Langaliers.
Speaker 3: But like you said, if you're going to the keeper league for the long term, Alvarez seems like the guy he could be the future, like just absolute be. He's not saying Langoliers can't, but Alvarez looks very very special for the Mets. So rest of year, the Lego Langlirs He's got the chance right now. You got to take that and run with it.
Speaker 1: And this is big power. This is big power. But it's going to be a catcher DH situation. And also I would just point out I cannot think of his name without thinking of the Langoliers if everyone remembers the book. But also they did a mid nineties I think it was on like ABC. It was like a three part series. People don't remember. It was like these people stuck in this time portal into an airport and no one's alive in the airport, but then they hear outside there's these things called the langal Ears, and it's it's one of it's one of the worst animations you've ever seen on anything ever. Like at the time, I was like, ooh, this is scary, blah blah blah. But then you go back and look at it, cause I try to rewatch it because for some reason, it's one of those things that's stuck in my head. It's rough to watch. But I always think about the Langoliers and Shane Langalier, But no one would probably get that reference. If I photoshop the Langoleire on top of his head, Bubba, do you remember that?
Speaker 2: No, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You don't remember the langoalars.
Speaker 3: Maybe if I saw it. It's not ringing a bell right now. I'm we're the same age, so it's not like you can't pull the whole egg.
Speaker 1: Thank you, doctor. I think it was called the Langoliers. Maybe it was like, uh, I don't know, maybe it had a different name or something. But those things were gone. There were these big balls with razor teeth and they would just like eat everything up. And they were eating the whole world up, and these people stuck in the airport. It was a great, great premise.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet if I saw it, I'd make more sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, doctor Glenny. It had the guy who played the blue power range in it that rings a bell. Yeah, that helped everything. That A couple of injury notes. Edward'sario was moved from Monday's game against the Mets with left hamstring tightness. I believe he hit a home or two. David Fletcher was diagnosed with a left foot contusion. So you always funny. Yeah, it was a Stephen King thing. Yeah. Yeah, it was called the Lenglers. Thank you, Stephen King.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, in the long line of like really bad movie or show makes of Stephen King's stuff. But yeah, it was like a three part series. And yeah, look at this. Everybody's with me.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: You gotta Bubba, you gotta go do something.
Speaker 2: Well know what I'm doing this afternoon? Gotch.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not gonna it's not gonna replay. Well, I promise you that it's not going to do super great. But you know it's interesting. These people are just in this.
Speaker 2: I'm sure not reading the books.
Speaker 1: So no, no, no, no, no no no, maybe the audiobook. I'm not reading anything. That's Bogman saying. Bogman always tells me. He's like, I just read this book. I'm like, oh, did you read a book with your head, hands and without your eyes and words? And he's like, well, it's still reading.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, all right yeah, and so you never mind, I'm not going to go any further.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So I want to talk about this. Bubba and I were talking about the Soft Air and I was almost looking or players to go who would you rather on this? But there's really not I don't really know what the great play is. Maybe Javier Bias and maybe that's the one we were talking about before. We talked about this last week and I think it was on the Wonky Wednesday show where von Grisham came up and they kind of poopooted a little bit to be like, hey, listen, this could be short lived. But what did we say on the show? We said, regardless, go pick him up, do it, get him, find a way. It would take a lot for him to be able to stick around, and he's doing a lot of that right now. In six games von Grisham has played so far this year, he's got a four to twenty nine batting average. This is the crazy part. Four of six games, he already has multi hit games in them. He's got two homers, a stolen base. He didn't strike out in his last two where he struck out in the first four straight, so he had one game without a hit. But check this out, every game he's played he scored a run on. Von Grisham has been more than we could have thought of. And I think it's at the point where he has done enough, just like Michael Harris, where I think it's going to press them a little bit when Orlando Arcia comes back. Maybe the worst case is it's going to be are the best cases. It's going to be those two platooning. The worst case is, regardless of what he does, he gets sent down, which we talked about. So but I present to you the idea. Von Grisham has been phenomenal. Four of six multi hit games, couple homers, looks the part of everything that could stick around A do you think he sticks? And b rest of season hobby boy is von Grisham.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with von Grisham on this one. I'll take the ceiling with von Grissam. I think he sticks. If he produces like this, it's pretty simple. They can't afford to go away from him. I invested heavily in fab this last weekend in Von Grisham wherever I could, because I believe in the talent.
Speaker 2: He's better than Orlando Arcia.
Speaker 3: And if he's hitting the way he's hitting, you can platoon Ozuna and something else and fill in a spot for Grissham somewhere like there's a way to get him on the field. So I think the Braves they're still fighting what four to four and a half back in the East, they want to get there, and he's a big piece too it. He's two homers and one steel in his first six games, walking twelve and a half percent of the time, which is great for young ball player making his MLB debut. We saw the power to speeding the minor miners. I think Grissom is phenomenal and I'm buying in. It could blow up on their face. They could literally say, sorry, kid, it's been great. I just don't feel they would have called him up for a two week deal. I feel like they called him up and if he can flourish like Harris, he's staying.
Speaker 1: It feels very much like Harris to me, Like, I think it would be pretty hard lived for them to be like, well, Orlando RCI is back, so now we have to send him down like that. That's kind of crazy. But again, we don't know the extent of these teams wanting to manipulate a lot of this stuff. Though. Here's the problem with theirs. Von Grisham wasn't like a firm, firm top one hundred. So if they wanted to play that game, they could play it next year and he will be He'll be very firm, and they would be able to get a pick if they break camp. They're a dangerous team. I mean, think of Michael Harris, someone who was it busisic as a Harris could have had j RUD numbers if he played as many games. It's possible, you know. I mean the walk numbers are still a little bit of a concern for Harris. But I'm all in. But it's not fair that this team of Grisham and Albie's and Akunya and Austin Riley and.
Speaker 3: They're all and they're all locked up for a long time, like this team's gonna have an offensive jugger Na not and they can spend all their money on pitching, and they still have Max Freed and you know Kyle Wright and he's like.
Speaker 1: They're they're loaded and Danceby, I mean forget about Dansby. I mean Dansby has just had a I Love Danceby nominal year. So I wish I could have thought of more. I was gonna present like a Grisham versus C. J. Abrams, because Abrams maybe has a possibility to play longer into the year. But it's just not close. I mean, I like Abrams. He came back up, he's up right now, but he went O for four. It's just not close with.
Speaker 3: Grisham, I got I got them for you. I just thought of it, and it looks like he might have consistent playing time. It's been a little weird last couple of days. But Nick Gordon versus Grissom, oh.
Speaker 1: I still have to go the upside. But that's a really good one because Nick Gordon has been sneaky sneaky.
Speaker 3: So his power and speed, like you got like his barrel rates and stuff. When he plays, he's playing and it's impressive.
Speaker 1: It's a tough thing. It's like, you've got this guy that's playing at this completely elite level, but it's only been for a week. It's like, how hard do you want to go on this? Like luckily you're not yours, though you might be dealing with a literal like I have to choose between Nick Gordon and von Grisham, and that might be a rest of seasons. So I could see if someone just said, okay, blah blah blah. But I think at this point you've got to just you got to go off of like he might be here for the rest of the way. They're trying to play for something, and he's a big spark plug. Now you know, if Albi's is back and everything where they're gonna put him in the lineup, Maybe put him in the outfield, you know, get him out in the outfield to get some flexibility out there. Are so von grisham. Make sure you hold, make sure you rock. This is a wild stat one of the while this we've seen all year that Wonky put up. This is from Ryland Domingez on Twitter, and I mean, I wish I had this type of time to do this stuff. But says if every game in MLB this year was played in Williamsport, which is the site for the Little League World Series, this would be what the home run leader board would be. Are you looking at it, Bubba, Yes, I am.
Speaker 2: It's impressed. I was looking at it.
Speaker 1: I was gonna quiz you on what the names would be. The number one is not Aaron Judge. The number two is not Aaron Judge. Three nope, four, nope. Number five on the home run leader board. If everybody played at Williamsport would be Aaron Judge with a brisk little one hundred and forty homers if we played there.
Speaker 2: This is quite the list.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that he's not at the top. He's number five on this, So I thought that was crazy. Number four Jake Croninworth, So I mean, this is this is a This is actually a really interesting experiment. When you talk about doubles being potential indicators of like future power, you can see some guys that have got some of that doubles power that in the Little League World Series it's rocking out. Croninworth would be number four with one hundred and forty one little league home runs, Corey Seeger, number three with one hundred and five, Freddie Freeman with one hundred and fifty five Little league home runs, and number one. You guys would have never guessed it. Marcus Simeon with one hundred and fifty seven Little league home runs would be out there, Bubba. I've been sitting on this a little bit. I was thinking, first pitch, Arizona's coming out here in a couple months for all you baseball people, it's a chance if you've ever wanted to I mean, I'm giving them a plug. They don't I'm not a part of any of they don't even invite me to it or anything like that. But I'm out here in Arizona. But if you wanted to, like learn in some of the breakout stuff. You wanted to meet all your favorite analysts, you wanted to hang out watch games with them during the AFL. It's a cool place to go. A lot of people come out here, and I hang out with everybody when we do it. I was thinking about contacting one of the stadiums here and seeing if I could get together a a little scrimmage game for everybody. But how fun would it be if we could get like a little Little league home run derby at one of the ballparks with a bunch of the analysts.
Speaker 3: That'd be amazing because I used to do that when I was in Little League. After practice we play home derby, so even better.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We've talked about doing whiffle ball, and when we stayed in Mesa last year, there's a gigantic grass area outside the stadium, and so we talked about doing like a whiffleball like mini tournament, which I think would be hilarious out there, like tall seven foot sporer out there trying to sidewind it and stuff.
Speaker 1: Just fantasy pros to put put that on me, hire me for that, sponsor us, we'll play it. Wouldn't that be great? And there we'll have it like as a three part video series or something like that.
Speaker 3: Do you guys think I'm entertaining now? Just wait, you have to see me run around the bases. That's where it gets real.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we get Bogman out here, get Bogman catching.
Speaker 2: See who passes out first, Me or Bogman. That'd be great.
Speaker 1: I'll drop some bombs. I did a BP for the Diamondbacks a couple of years ago for media on one of their backfields. I was the only one that almost hit a home run. I hit the wall on the back on their and it was on a pitching machine. I got very very close. But I also it was a heart to heart of seeing the photos of myself after. So it was very depressing that it was very rough time for me. And I immediately started working out after and I lost a bunch of weight because I was like, this isn't great.
Speaker 2: They say, have pictures worth a thousand words. It's so true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you just don't want it to be one thousand pounds for sure. Let's go over to some stat heroes for Monday. Ian A Halp two for three, two homers, two RBI, a couple of runs. Thank you very much, Kerry Carpenter. Kerry Carpenter is such a freaking monster in the minor leagues this year comes up continues to hit three for four with a homer and RBI. That's another guy. If he's sitting out there, you should go and pick up Kerry Carpenter and put him on your sis if you can. Andre Jimenez, he had a homer with three RBI, continues to rock three RBI with a stolen base for Dansby Nelson Cruz a bomb, Ronald Acunya three for five three RBI been a little bit slow lately, and Jeff McNeil was a perfect four for four. Christian Walker was only one for one with a homer because he walked three times. Mount Castle had a homer, Mike Mayer from the grave, and Travis Darnault with a homer three RBI. Are you I don't know how much you've dug in? Are you a speculative ad on Kerry Carpenter.
Speaker 3: For honestly, I feel bad as the first time I've heard Kerry Carpenter's.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's not a singer, he wasn't one of the Carpenters or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I literally just wrote down on a piece paper. Next me to go look into Kerry Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so carry Carpenter in the miners this year had thirty homers. He had thirty homers, hitting three thirteen and over one thousand ops. A little bit older, twenty four years old. And I want to say I got to confirm this. I want to say he was hitting at like double Yeah, he was at double A where he needed to get out of there, and he hit twenty two of his thirty homers in double A. But to move up to triple A, he more than dominated. He had a couple stolen bases, he hit higher than double A. He had eight homers in thirty four games. The bat is there, the power is real. The pitch recognition is a question if he's going to be able to like see major league pitches and how they're going to adjust to him. But right now he's doing a little bit of business and he's got he's got his bomb to two sixty seven. That just might be a really cheap guy that people can.
Speaker 2: Take a look at. How do you think about Jim's mtore.
Speaker 1: Over Nolan Gorman. I think the only Gorman and redraft is totally turnstile. You could turn him out. Sure, I would probably turn him out for gars. To be honest with you, at this.
Speaker 3: Point, I would take that gamble. I would do it for What about Emmanuel Rivera. I'm a I'm a fan of his.
Speaker 1: You know what. You know, it's so funny. Bagman and I last night we were just doing something not live, and I was talking about it and he gets so mad about it because for some reason he thought like we should have got something more for Luke Weaver, and I was like, this is a great trade. Like Rivera is an infielder. The Diamondbacks third base has been embarrassing this year, putting out Sergerio al a contract that Emmanuel Rivera makes some contact. I don't think he's special necessarily in any way, but he's having a good little go with the Diamondbacks. There's another guy I would You know what, dude, I think I would go Emmanuel Rivera. I think he has a chance to stick all year long there where. Just think about this. If I would have said this at the beginning of the year, Kerry Carpenter is prioritized for the Tigers over Spencer Troclson.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: That's a wild wild thing to think about, and it makes me kind of sad. The positive pitcher, Sandal Contra seven and seven, a seven and seven, a good drink and a good stat line. Seven innings, seven strikeouts, and there's a lot of I get a lot of people hit me up about like, isn't there this reason for this guy to be signed? On this guy sign It's like, well, Saniel Contra does every single game. This is why it's gonna be the n AL. It's not gonna go to anyone else. Aaron Savale went six, struck out ten, Jose Orchidi struck out four, Ver seven and two thirds. Queto eight innings, three strikeouts in areas five with six strikeouts. Cquato has been phenomenal, a phenomenal pickup. I don't think he's given up like three earned runs this entire season.
Speaker 2: Baba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been impressive. I'm like waiting for the other shoe to drop every time he takes the mound and he is continuing and it's good competition a lot too, Like he's not just facing scrubs every time.
Speaker 2: It's impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just one of those guys. It's like that old like Lavon Hernandez and those guys that just they they really understand the art of pitching, and then they could manage that and they could manage their careers in that way and not worry about this stuff. Stat zero's Steven Duger, your guy oh for four four strikeouts, a bunch of oh for threes with three strikeouts, Patrick Wisdom, Andrew of Alaskaz, Miguel Cabrera, Nolan Jones, and Chris Morell. On the pitcher side, Madison Bumgarner sucks six earned runs, six strikeouts. You say, Kakuci gave up three earned run six total runs, couldn't get to the fourth. Mike Minor got lit up. I was targeting against him yesterday, four and runs. Carlos Carrasco only went two innings, so that not great. And Chris Boovich four earned runs over on five and two thirds. Frindos, it is home run board time, and would you look at this? We have an updated home run board. There you go the leader of the pack high Cubby who took Eddie Rosario yesterday? What a call?
Speaker 2: Wow? The Stones, what a call?
Speaker 1: Forty three is the number taking the current lead. D Blum hot on his tail had Matt Olsen yesterday at forty two. We got some forties. Mike Mayer is on the list. Go cards, Terry, and as you can see the rest, this is what your top ten looks like on the Home Run Contest with roughly six weeks to go. Roughly six weeks to go, so make sure you keep and eye on that, get your home run calls and get rocking. And I would have to have an amazing run to even get on that board. It'd be nice to get on it, like just by the end of the year. I guess that's my goal. Friends. It is time for some prop bets and it just brought to you by our friends over at bet MGM. Use the promo code leading off. You see it right below me, right down there. Boo boo boop thousand dollars risk free first bet. When you use that promo code, use the app, go online, you can check out props. You can do straight lines, you could do really an incredible amount of stuff. But you can get a thousand dollars risk free bet which you can't beat that. Use that promo code sport leading off leading off promo code bet MGM. I've got four props for you, same shtick as we do I've got the number one total base, the number one strikeout, and then I've got the number one plus money total base and the number one plus money strikeout, and Bubba, I'm gonna get your favorite one here in a second. So your number one total bass play of the day is show hey o Tani. You only need one total base versus Seattle. It's Robbie, but it's juiced at one sixty, So that's your number one total base, your number one and that is over on bet MGM. Your plus money total base is Luisa Rise versus Kansas City one and a half. It's plus one oh five, so it's just about even money. That's on DraftKings. For the total bases. On the strikeouts, you've got Alec Minoa as your number one strikeout prop of the day. You only need five against Baltimore, but it's minus one seventy. So if you love love those, maybe you could parlay Otani and Minoa together and get plus two hundred odds. And your number one plus money strikeout prop is Verlander against the White Sox and Dylan Cees. It is six and a half and you're getting plus one ten, So Bubba Verlander strikeouts Manoa and Otani are juiced a rise in Verlander or not. What's your favorite prop of this group?
Speaker 2: Out of that group, I'm going Verlander.
Speaker 3: He's going six plus innings pretty much every time out, getting you have six plus k's almost every time out.
Speaker 2: White socks are scuffling.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a great duel between him and Ceas Like, give me Verlander and the plus money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that one too. When I saw that, I was like, I'm good seven on that. I actually really like the Arise one too. I would throw just you know, that's the dude at the top of the lineup. I'm granking into that one. Yeah, yeah, exactly grank. I mean those two are like built for each other. Over on the DFS side, the Draft Kings stuff wasn't really out on FanDuel. I picked out some pitchers. You could tell me, Bubba what you dig. Jose Kintana probably my favorite of the day to put together eight and four super cheap, Kyle Gibson at eight five, Justin Steele nine to seven, and Alec Manoa at ten six. There's a lot of good matchups in there. Obviously, Verlander and Caesar up against each other. Stack Wise on the implied run totals, Philly, Toronto, and Saint Louis were all over five if you're checking out implied run totals. So I really like the Jose Kintana one, even though he's dirt cheap. What do you think about any of the starters or any of the stacks.
Speaker 3: I like Kintana and Justin Steele for great value, as you mentioned like them both. I think Cortes can be sneaky vers Tampa Bay striking out in nearly thirty percent of the time vers lefties over the last month, and Robbie Ray as well can be another one you can sneak in there. Stack Wise, though I agree with the stacks mentioned, the one I'll throw out there and it'll be kind of a lead into our next topic. Here, the Chicago Cubs get to face Patrick Corbin, So enjoy yourself, folks, have a drink on me.
Speaker 1: Uh you know what, that's actually funny. I'm glad you said that because I cheated a little bit. I did not give you guys the number one plus money strikeout prop because it was Patrick Corbin. I said, absolutely not. I'm like, I'm not putting it was one above who who I give you a Verlander. It was right above Verlander based on the projections, and hell, no am I coming on here in saying, hey, let's bet Patrick Corbin. I don't care what the projections say. Never never betting on him there. So I did move it to justin Verlander and to your point, moving over to the home run call of the day, cubs are popular. Wonky went Cubs with fran mill reyes. I looked at it. I love targeting against Patrick Corbyn. It's totally the play. But Bob, I don't know. You tell me where are you going?
Speaker 3: Well, Wonky, you're a very smart person, so I wanted to go with fran mill Ray's as well. He looks like he's got a new shot of life. Maybe he's not a shot. I don't talk to tatis figure it out, but he's played great since coming over the Cubs. I like what we're seeing there. I think he takes Corbin deep. Corbyn's been a disaster. Disaster and you said franmil was that it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Frano mill is going deep.
Speaker 1: So you and Wonkee got Frano mel Me and Mayer are going over into that Philly game. He's got Derek Hall this really feels like with both other picks. This feels like this is the wonky Wednesday, like you get extra points if no one else calls it. That's a good one. I'm going with Schwarbs. I thought about going in other directions, but I'm gonna go with Schwarbs. Top of the lineup. Let's get a couple bombs and we are Philly and Cubs centric on this. Doctor Glenn, thank you, you're giving me my line here now here. I agree with you. I kind of forgot at the top. I did maybe give up an earned run in the beginning when I couldn't remember mister clean. I think this is one of the cleanest games I've had on leading off in the last couple weeks, maybe since they've took over for Joe. I feel like I went at least seven and two thirds. So but if doctor Glenn is scoring it, you can score. And you're saying I went six with one ear and run, I think I kind of went seven. I did give up and earn run by not having it. Bubba, this is that we score my hosting now when I don't fumble it. I think I got lit up yesterday at the end, so I think yeah, I think it was a very close game. I think it was a real queto outing. Okay, maybe I didn't have a big checkouts, but I went like seven low earn runs. I think this was a solid solid performance there, Bubba. What do you got going on in your world right now?
Speaker 2: The usual stuff?
Speaker 3: An article of fantasy pros each week, got some other written content, so you can check out on Twitter at bead intric and then bench with Bubba coming at you twice a week Tuesdays and Thursdays and mlbdfs cicket. So fun all over the board. But I'll be back here on Thursday to do this again.
Speaker 1: But you got a bitch on Bubba coming up? Aren't you in Bloomfield doing one.
Speaker 3: Of the video one On Thursday night, we're gonna recap where I'm met. We're in a group of fifteen dumb dumbs that are drafting a twenty twenty three draft. We're starting the We're doing the first seven rounds and then we're gonna pick it up in November to get an idea of where everyone's mind's at.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't wait. Does Tatistka in the top one oh five?
Speaker 1: We'll see baby, I love that stuff. I like to doctor Glenn, think you know what. I'm anointing, Doctor Glenn. You are officially going to be the stat caller for my on the bookstock and the Langliers reference was a big inning, maybe not quite immaculate. I really really appreciate that. That was a Bret Pitches inning. Thank you, guys. I love that, Doctor Glenn. You are officially annointed. You make my performance calls at the end. We'll see what my stat line looks like. We need to also track them too. We need to see maybe how I do over a thirty game season. How do I stack up against the pitchers on my performance? Coming up here in a little bit, If you guys care, I know it's another thing. Bogmin and I are going to be playing the brand new madd in twenty twenty three on our Twitch and Twitch tv slash in this league. We're gonna go for two hours. We played last night, and I want to tell you it's going to be a disaster. I almost through my controller through the through my window, and I'm gonna be so mad, and it's gonna be You're gonna see anger like you've never seen it before. And the only plus is Bogman paid for the game because I had a screw up thing. Otherwise I would be I would be called the better Business Bureau. I was so mad. But we'll be doing that Twitch dot tv slash in this league. Friends, hang around for tomorrow. We got wonky Wednesday. It's always the best. Maybe the crown will be back. That's it for us. Thank you for everybody hanging out in the stat Lions. For Bubba. I'm Welsh. We're out of here. He's friends