Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the trendy Complexifire, which is complexify, the term that Jeff Bezos came up with because he is telling the truth. You can tell he's telling the truth because he's making up smart sounding words that don't actually mean anything. Yeah, my name is Jack O'Brien. Have we met? And that over there that is Miles Ray.
Speaker 2: Oh you're Jack.
Speaker 1: I'm jackokes a lot, I'm Jack O'Brien. Yeah, Hey, do Miles? Good to be on time? The anchorman reference? Yeah, always do you say all?
Speaker 2: Good to be on top?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Good to be on time? Man?
Speaker 3: La Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you're referencing the zoom window the stacked video I am are you also?
Speaker 1: Actually you're always on top of me?
Speaker 2: Wow? Well good?
Speaker 3: But yeah, Dodgers babe, Look, it could be a wonderful night except for the local of Los Angeles, when there would inevitably be a homebrew pyrotechnic shows going off if the Dodgers end up winning tonight.
Speaker 1: Homebrew. Yeah, it is fun. It's a good time, little pops. We need it.
Speaker 2: We needed it. We needed it in La. We needed this.
Speaker 1: If we win. If if we win, we haven't had anything to celebrate in a long time. I do just want to give the context of Jeff Bazins's So Jeff Bezos told the Washington Post, we're not endorsing a candidate. You guys are gonna fucking burn me, is what I suspect it went like when he told them the decision this is also being linked to the La Times' decision to not endorse a candidate, but that one is actually at least the daughter of one of the owners is saying that that one is in relation to the Democratic Party complicity and the genocide in Gaza, so that that feels a little different. That's what Wait, that's the explaination of Times. That's the explanation for the La Times given by the daughter of the owner.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a weird.
Speaker 3: So then, oh, so he was saying, I can't stand idly by while you endorse this candidate.
Speaker 1: That's Alec Erickott Sanis was like that, don't treat these two things as the same thing. Former guest Alec Hurrickott Santas was like the La Times making that stance versus Jeff Bezos making this stance with the Washington Post. He was saying he believes those to be two different things. I haven't dug into the reality behind the La Times one, but we we didn't really need to dig too deep for the reality behind the Washington Post one because Jeff Bezos came out and was like, guys, let me explain what's going on here. And the part that contains the word complexifire is I once wrote that the Post is a complex afire. For me, it is, but it turns out I'm also a complexifier for the Post. That is two sentences that are in his op ed explaining why they didn't do an endorsement. He says they didn't do an endorsement because the media is very unpopular, and he just thinks that it's not the reason they're unpopular is because they're so partisan and they just need to be more both sides about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, great great.
Speaker 1: The entire op ed written by Jeff Bezo stinks like shit, I would say stinks like both shit and bullshit, all the type of It's an amazing potpourri of all the shit. So he like it's definitely because he wants to kiss the ass of the eventual Emperor God in case he wins and his assumption that he's saying is they don't trust the media because they endorse presidential candidates, and definitely can't be that people don't trust the media because they're owned by the richest man in the world and have been shown to be biased by his whims, or because they will, you know, refuse to honestly report on a genocide as it's happening, and definitely not because there's a fascist who is out there. Yeah, I don't know it's so he's claiming it's because they picked aside in the presidential election and only presidential elections, by the way, because the Post has endorsed other candidates in other races this year, so it's only the presidential election. Which that's the detail that like kind of puts the lie to the whole thing, because like obviously small local races don't matter to him as a you know, the second richest person on the planet. Like that's not going to affect what he's able to do. The one that's going to affect him is being on the bad of Trump when Trump becomes America's first dictator, like first full blown open dictator. But I just this also reminded me of one of the anecdotes from the Susan B. Glasser article about Trump's billionaire donors, and it's about how like this person basically got access to Trump and lied to him about like how Amazon operates with the US Postal Service and was able to use Trump's hatred of Bezos as the because Bezos owns the Washington Post to set worst terms like trick Trump into thinking that they were getting too sweet a deal to Trump, like the article says, Trump's staff tried to figure out what Peltz's interest was in the matter. Pelts's the billionaire turned out that try on fund management. Peltz's asset management firm had recently taken a three point five billion dollar stake in Procter and Gamble, the consumer products Gi pelt an activist investor who buys his way into corporate leadership roles, often by prompting proxy fights, considered Amazon's purchase of Whole Foods a threat to his business when to Seber twenty nine, twenty seventeen, as a result of him telling Trump all these untrue things about how good Amazon had it with REGARDSS to like how the Post Office trees him, Trump tweeted, why is the United States Post Office, which is losing many billions of dollars a year while charging Amazon and others so live little to deliver their packages, making Amazon richer and the post Office dumber and poorer, should be charging much more. So it's just like these billionaires can just lie to Trump get a better deal from him, and so this is what they're all going to do. They're all going to kiss his ass. Like billionaires are going to line up and kiss the ass of Donald Trump. We're not going to have the same thing where like corporations are like now more than ever, we're going to stand with the American people than ever.
Speaker 2: You can get fucked because you were we are.
Speaker 1: On his side. Yeah, exactly. So, I mean we're already of corporatocracy, and all of the corporations are going to fall into line with Trump once he starts ruling.
Speaker 3: Any publicly traded company, that's for sure. I could see maybe private companies having a bit more of a spine, but anything that's traded on Wall Street, there's no that's just.
Speaker 1: Going to be like, you're gonna make the line go down. So look for us on Patreon in the future. Uh. Trump is already claiming fraud in the election. It's not like we had any question whether he was going to pull this shit. It was obviously just a matter of when. And the answer is exactly a week before the election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good time. These are timed.
Speaker 3: These are timed truths that he truthed on his social Yeah, I believe probably about them.
Speaker 2: Weeks ago.
Speaker 1: He truths that they received thousands of potentially fraudulent voter registration forms, the mail in ballid applications from a third party group.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And this is on top of Lancaster County being caught with two six hundred fakes ballots and forms.
Speaker 3: Fuck all this noise, because there's real news about actual ballot boxes being destroyed by split on fire like that's and it's happening in places where they're like there's gonna be there's a bunch of Harris votes in there, fucking light it up. That's maybe deserve well, I mean, obviously he's not going to pay attention to that because he's you know, been for the last four years slowly motivating people to do more and more extreme shit like this.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, but he's got to start the argument early that like they're the ones getting fucked over because it does feel like increasingly a part of their strategy is like violent intervention on behalf of him with regrets like either how voting takes place, like voter intimidation or how votes are counted and collected, and you know, pull worker intimidation. So it's just I don't it truly feels like there is a real possibility where something horrible happens. Like you mentioned, there's already like attacks on like people putting incendiary devices in what person? I guess it's one person who did it in Portland and Vancouver, Washington. Uh so it's gonna be a real fucking mess out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But in better news, the viral dress is bad.
Speaker 2: Thank god, thank god, this is vivid.
Speaker 1: This is just a yeah. I just love that the dress has re emerged on social media. When we read it it Miles again, is it black and blue or is it white and gold?
Speaker 3: I never saw a white and gold dress. I'm not saying, I just and it always looked black.
Speaker 1: I was able to eventually see a white and gold dress after like working really hard, But I don't with your therapist, Yeah, it's been years. Do you know what talk?
Speaker 2: It is white? And gold also.
Speaker 1: So that was twenty fifteen when our biggest concern was whether or not some strangers dress was black and blue or white and gold. And it's gone viral again because a woman found quote the dress at a yard sale and shared her experience on TikTok. So. She was interviewed by Newsweek and said the dress was one of the first items I saw when I walked up to the yard sale. I immediately screamed, Oh my goodness, you have the dress. The owners and the other neighbors had a nice laugh at my expressive reaction upon seeing it. I don't know why she speaks like a seventh grader's book report, but my expressive reaction upon seeing After being inundated with comments, Rubinstein decided to settle the nearly decade old debate once and for all and showed people that the dress is actually black and blue, which we fucking knew.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, you have the dress.
Speaker 1: It's her reaction seems to assume that there first of all, that there is only one of the dresses, and second of all, that it has magical properties, which.
Speaker 3: Right, it's like, sorry, I hate to do this to y'all, but here we this is unadulterated there it is black and blue sorroom.
Speaker 1: So anyway, shout out to her. I want to live inside her brand for the next three weeks. Maybe it feels like a nice place.
Speaker 3: Now enjoy it, now, enjoy it now, enjoy it now, because if you fast forward, there's reality on that side.
Speaker 2: Right now. This is that liminal space where we're just.
Speaker 1: Like this again.
Speaker 2: This is the last Tuesday before whatever happens.
Speaker 1: Do you just give me the lecture from the end of click? Uh?
Speaker 2: No, is that what happens in it.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and you're back. Would you do a click? Would you have we talked about this? Would you fast forward to the next.
Speaker 3: I think I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago and you said, oh, you want to do a click?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I haven't seen those lesser Sandler films.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I haven't seen it, but I'm aware of the premise.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like a time traveling remote.
Speaker 1: You can fast forward.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: So if you stop, everybody does no, I don't know, but keeps fast forwarding too much. And then he's like missus his old life, and it's really a commentary on how we use our phones.
Speaker 3: Just don't yeah, don't abuse benzo diazepines, and you will also cease time traveling.
Speaker 1: Got to wake up to take more benza. I gotta wake up from my Benzo hayes to take more benza.
Speaker 2: That way I can fast forward another week.
Speaker 1: But yes, Miles, big news out of the Vatican, thank you, the first White House, the President of the world, the post. So this is kind of the theological equivalent of the meme of Steve Boushammy holding a skateboard? Is that also a Sandler movie? No, that's thirty Rock, that's right.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Vatican has announced a new anime inspired mascot named Loose l u c which will which it feels like they're halfway to Lucifer, but it will help them quote engage with the pop culture so beloved by our young people, and so what now they rather than being more open minded, they've just been like, what if we had a doll that homophobic? Bring kids? They're just like little anime characters with crucifixes.
Speaker 3: This looks like some chat GPT bullshit, Like this is so uninteresting looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sucks, but cool, And they have a like little flying angel baby thing. But the little flying angel baby thing has a baseball at do they have do they have names?
Speaker 2: Like or what are the other ones called? There's like Loose and then like Ifer.
Speaker 1: And Bzl the Morning Star. H This is not the first time the Catholic Church has awkwardly tried to appeal to nerds. Lest we forget the time they worked with Marvel to create a comic about Pope John Paul the Second I don't know if we don't know if we all remember that, but that was big news in my Catholic Oh, I have.
Speaker 2: The Life of Pope John Paul won one issue one.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 2: It's going for under retail right now.
Speaker 1: It was just about his life. But like the cover really makes him look They make him look very handsome.
Speaker 2: It looks like George W. Bush playing the Pope for Halloween.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's kind of giving too much sexual charisma for a pope. I think in the way they've drawn him.
Speaker 3: Well for how sexually repressed the people and then the people of Cloth are, I can imagine it just it just like it's just great energy around them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian the editor points out, Lucifer means light Bringer, So probably named after Lucifer and the Catholic Church. You know, they probably get that kids like to be a little edgy. Yeah, oh Lucifer.
Speaker 2: It our neck feels broken.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all right.
Speaker 2: Terrible Sopranos reference.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then this is a big news for our podcast. So we talk about subway every once in a while, but this is serious. Subway is being sued for skipping on the meats. Skipping on the meats.
Speaker 3: Class auction lawsuit for quote, grossly misleading customers with ads that depict far more meat in their sandwiches than what you actually get. And that's true because I mean, they also looked better when the U gouge. But that's a whole that's an old, old school subway head take. But yeah, it's the last time I went to you gouge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember the U gage. That was when they really slopped it on there. Man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they really slapped that turtle meat or tuna or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Who cares it tastes like tuna. People online keep posting videos and they are talking about subway sandwich shrinkage. Wow, it's it's not shrinkage because the sandwich isn't sting. It's it could be like shrink flation, but yeah, shrinkage is meant to refer to George Costanza's dick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, obviously, Yeah that's just a big misstep, big misstep.
Speaker 1: But it's yeah, I mean it's pretty hard to argue against this, like when you see like the Today Show covered it and it just went from commercial to like somebody showing what they were just given.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, here, it's it is a it is a good clip because I mean, I think it's just a like a trope in our culture, is like what I ordered versus what I got kind of shit.
Speaker 1: But like my wife is always doing Instagram posts about that with REGARDSS to me, me is that I think it's cute, but I haven't watched them all the way.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you are not working that jacket. Like the guy in the ad was Jack, just give it back. But yeah, here's here's a here's a bit of sandwich skimping audio what and.
Speaker 2: The suit says, look, subway customers have noticed.
Speaker 1: Okay, people are just showing sandwich and it is just it looks slic bread. It looks like the bread, subway bread, like the subway roll that has been stepped on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like fully, like to the point where I don't even know if this is just a loose role that they didn't even put anything into, because I don't even see any gaps for toppings or fillings in there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, yeah, Dark.
Speaker 1: Day subway, A two subway. It's fucked up. Yeah, it's yeah again, like they first they do the turtle meat and I am on board, but then they do some shit like this. You know, it's all fucked up now to quote a great philosopher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope it's sorted out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyways, that is going to do it for this Tuesday, October twenty ninth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, get your blue shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Go Dodgers.