Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: There are seventy one days away.
Speaker 3: From the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller lte a taste you can depend on. You can depend on us to provide some investigation and education for the twenty twenty four NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: We've got Nick Harris.
Speaker 3: Brian brought us back in the building after a great week in Las Vegas. Ayisha Morrison, I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam running everything in the back.
Speaker 2: Brian, howid Vegas.
Speaker 4: It was very nice and I want to give you guys a compliment. I was listening to the show and I thought, you guys did a hell of a job. Appreciate the way you guys kick names around and again you talk about educating people. Some of the most proudest moments that I had I had people in radio row come up to me and tell me how much they enjoy their Draft show. And these are guys and galas from around the country, some national media members as well, like they're like, you guys do a hell of a job on that draft show. And so I said, hey, we've got a great crew, we got a great fan base that follows us. That makes it makes it all worthwhile. Every once in a while you have to help your buddies here with their water bottles, even though they're retired military. Yeah, seeing things you'll never see back there.
Speaker 5: I was struggling.
Speaker 4: Now you're good. You don't struggle looking at them players. But yeah, but yeah, that's what matters here. But cheers to by the way, Happy Fat Tuesday to everybody out there. Yeah, getting your Mardi Gral on. But yeah, so proud of you guys. Great shows. And then also the people that coming up to me national media and saying, hey, you guys have a hell of a show there. So and thank to them, and thanks to the people who follow us throughout the.
Speaker 2: Year, no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: That's awesome And it's odd thinking I was thinking about it on the way to go get some coffee here in a second ago, and I was like, man, Brian hadn't been on for three shows. It's er that you you aren't on for that period of time.
Speaker 4: But we are glad to be bad I was losing.
Speaker 3: He's probably watched fifty players since he was last on this show because he had to get it going.
Speaker 4: But we're glad to have you back.
Speaker 3: Glad can get you back safe, and we'll have Brian or Bobby and Zach on through later shows as well as they make their return from Las Vegas too. All Right, it's time to talk about Mike Zimmer. Of course, it's official now he is your defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: In Dallas.
Speaker 3: There was always the dan Quinn guys, right, there was always those guys that you look at that are the long, lanky, athletics, speedy defensive players.
Speaker 2: Does Mike Zimmer have a type of guy? Brian?
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think what you're gonna now going to realize with Mike is he's going to ask you for some press corners. He's going to ask you for some guys that have those sweet feet that we like to talk about, the ability to jam, to turn, to run, to carry. Those are all things that we're gonna have to look about. We're gonna have to talk about those ones and those three techniques inside. He's always had a good combination of those guys. He's played with some small linebackers in his day. He's played with some long linebackers in his day. He likes the safety that's going to play with some range. It's going to play with his eyes. You know, a guy like a Harrison Smith who he had at Notre Dame. You know that type of a player, a physical player. Darren Woodson goes all the way back to the Super Bowl days. But yeah, he has a certain kind of player. And talking to Zim, there's a couple of things that he's that he's going to look at coming in. He's he's he's going to take a look at the staff. He's got to meet with this staff that's still currently here and kind of figure out because the QUI U and I asked, is okay, are you're going to bring a couple of guys in. You know there's some guys that have left that and goes, well, I just got to meet with the guys that are currently here and kind of figure that out. Now, remember Sharif Floyd played for him in Minnesota, so you know, hopefully Sharif will get that opportunity. But Mike is really excited about being here. I'm happy for him, but he is going to want players that are smart, tough and get after the ball and are dependable. And that's that's something that he's always hung his hat on. And those are the types of defensive players. You know. If you're seeing a guy on tape, we're all evaluating here, and this guy looks like, okay, football intelligence, Oh wow, look at this guy get off blocks. Oh look at this guy close. Oh look at this guy tackle. That's a Mike Zimmer type player. I'm sure there's a lot of coaches out there, but Mike specifically likes those guys that have the football intelligence but also on the outside can play a little press coverage to and run with those receivers.
Speaker 6: When you talk about discipline, you talk about physicality. I think that's two things that any fan would love to have on this defense going forward.
Speaker 4: So absolute right.
Speaker 6: I think it's interesting with how he attacks the draft process. And I mentioned this on Talking Cowboys, but somebody had asked me yesterday if with Mike Zimmer now in the building, does a guy like Tovandre Sweat become more of a big time target, like a big, physical defensive tackle who's wide. It's like, it doesn't matter if it's Mike Zimmer Hans Zimmer. It doesn't matter. Defensive coordinator could be any of us at this table. You have to be able to solidify the middle of the spine of that defense. You got to get defensive tackle help, you got to get linebacker help. I'd be okay with a big safety as well. So being able to bring that physicality along with with Mike Zimmer, I think that's going to be the biggest thing in what we look forward to as the draft process goes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Brian mentioned the IQ players and things like that. When you look at Zimmer systems, you know, adaptability is one of the best things you could put on your resume. Correct And one thing I noticed about him is that, uh, he plays the matchup game really well. But with the adaptability, he's not asking guys to do totally different things. You have to be to do multiple things within your position and do them well and stick to them and do them well. So I think that's the most exciting thing about the hire to me is my basket worker still did a great breakdown on just how much he is willing to say Okay, we saw it the other days like spacers like Okay, y'all gonna keep pressing his line well, the adaptability to be an end game and to also play the matchup game. It's something that I'm really hoping for with the next with the next coordinator, because I just I never understood how it works for coordinators that say, Okay, well this is what we are, this is what we're gonna do. I mean, isn't it natural to want someone that can, you know, roll with the punches and make changes on the fly. And so I'm looking That's what I'm looking at with him coming in.
Speaker 3: And dan Quinn had an element of that to him as well, which is what made him a successful defensive coordinator. But there's nothing that Mike Zimmer has not seen in the NFL at this point. I mean he's seen a little bit of everything, and there's there's an element to that when it comes to Zimmer and the fit that he has here, is there something that he's going to immediately say this is the top priority for this defense. Because the first year for dan Quinn back in twenty twenty one, he came in and said, we.
Speaker 2: Need edge rushers, we need linebacker.
Speaker 3: We went and got Michael Parsons at that twelve spot and they gave him that first round pick.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's something similar that could happen with Zimmer coming in here?
Speaker 6: Again, I don't think it's a Mike Zimmer specific questions, just whatever they got in the middle of that defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be able to address.
Speaker 7: Agree right right, But I do I will say, like when we talk about it is going to be interesting to see how he handles it because you know, with the Cowboys this past year, Yeah, you could run up the middle, but the coverage in the middle of.
Speaker 5: The field was a huge problem.
Speaker 7: So even when you're addressing things like linebacker, are you looking for linebackers that are able to drop in coverage and do more or are you looking for I'm coming down stopping to run consistently, Like there has to be a balance. So I do think it's going to play into some of his decision making as well.
Speaker 5: With the linebacker specifically.
Speaker 4: I think if Mike Zimmer and I haven't asked in this, but I guarantee in the time that he's been waiting for this job to materialize, that he sat down and watched your tape and he has an idea of he has an idea of you know, coming in here and saying, Okay, when he meets with Will about the personnel, the first question he's probably going to ask is, what was your plan with Mazzi Smith? You know, what was what was your plan with that? Where? Why was it a three hundred and twenty nine pound one technique now a three hundred are excuse me, a two hundred ninety three pound three? You know, what's your plan there? What was what was the thinking? And to your point, Nick, he's going to look at those linebackers too. He's going to realize though, and Will's going to probably trying to explain to him and like, listen, we took a gamble. We placed so much nickel and dime and we you know, we gambled on going a little bit light at linebacker. We had injuries there that killed us. Dan had to play around it with you know, with Bell and others. But Mike's like, Okay, we're going to get linebackers here, right, and well it's going to go, yeah, we're going to get linebackers here. So you know, when you start to talk about Jerry Jones and all in pushing chips in, I think free agency and that's for a whole nother show. But uh, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys look at free agent linebackers, you know, and look at there, Yeah, and there are. And that's the thing about it is that you if you get a free agent linebacker, one that could help you, like what you're talking about, I is sure that's got adaptability, flexibility, you know, run past kind of a guy, then maybe you could go ahead and use the draft, which falls right into our neck of the woods here too. The linebackers that we all like, you know, maybe okay, free agency they get a guy, now, we could take our draft show and say, okay, they're probably not going to address this early, but here here's some guys that we might see in that third, fourth round that we could go after. So there's a there's a lot of of there's gonna be a lot of things that Mike is going to come in and say he's going to want to do, and it's up to Will to kind of figure out the direction that they, you know, with the finances they have, but also the draft capital they have as well.
Speaker 7: Can I ask question, Okay, I don't know who's going to break, which room do you think benefits the most from his edition?
Speaker 6: I would say the corners, just because you look at two all pros or three if you want to throw in Staman Gilmore if he's able to come back, and the ability for Trayvon Diggs and to Ron Bland to still elevate and get better. We haven't seen the peak from either of those two guys, I don't believe. So I would say that off off rip as far as the front seven, you would have to come back to me here in about two three months.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's I think it's the secondary that's Mike's area of expertise he's going to I think the cop out answer is that the whole defense is going to benefit because Mike is a get in your face type of coach and it's going to be interesting to see because it's a different way of coaching than what these players have been receiving here the last three years under Dan Quinn. And that's something to me that I'm looking to see how that's going to affect some guys. I know interviewing Gilmour at the Super Bowl, you know, and he's hopeful about coming back, and you talk to people in the organization. We talk to people all the time in this place, they'd like to have him back. It's you know, you can't lowball the guy, and you know they know that. But he's the type of guy that you know, when you really sit down and visit with him, I'm like, damn, this is a sharp guy. Yeah, you know, and he cares. I mean you could see that he really bothered him, you know. But he's played on championship teams before. He knows how to do it. So my overriding thing, I think the defense is a whole bit. If it's but one specific position, I think it's the secondary.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean for me, I think it's just gonna be the safety room overall.
Speaker 5: With the idea that I mean we had.
Speaker 7: We interviewed one Ye Thomas on Girls Talk Boys Talking. He said like I want to be coached hard, like I'm ready, and he was excited about that.
Speaker 4: He was about to get coached.
Speaker 5: But when you look at.
Speaker 7: We've talked about the Cowboys scheming, just some of the things they do, you know, Zim he likes to run some cover too and do some things like that. He also too likes to use a robber sometimes. So I'm excited to see Donovan Wilson do some more things closer to the line of scrimmage. Again, maybe Marquise Bell do some things closer to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 5: I do think it's gonna give.
Speaker 7: Guys like Malie Cooker the opportunity to continue to show off that sideline to signline, but maybe give one Ya Thomas some opportunities to get back there and show off what he can do in coverage as well. Side by side with Mallie Cooker.
Speaker 6: I'll say this, if if the Cowboys decide that there's a little bit of flexibility that they feel like they have in the first round and they want to eventually get a defensive guy, Tyler Newman would be very fun and.
Speaker 4: In Minnesota it's a good player.
Speaker 3: So along those same lines, let's talk about press corners. Let's talk about guys that fit that mold on the outside. Because Brian said it a moment ago. When it comes to free agency, Dallas likes to fill some spots and then allow themselves BPA possibilities to a certain extent in the NFL draft, So if they go out and let's say they fill out linebacker, they fill out defensive tackle, are there any names either late first round or mid round picks. In terms of these press corners that you've watched so far that impress you.
Speaker 6: We could start, we could start up top Coolid mcentstree is an interesting one out of Alabama, A corner corner talent. He's been there three years. He's coming out as a junior. I think when you look at Koloid mcentstry and what he still has, he's still very raw. He's got that press man ability. He's gonna jam you have the line, he's going to give you that physicality.
Speaker 2: It's the best name in the draft.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he definitely does really violent hands. I think with what what you're looking for from a Mike Zimmer time defensive back, this would be one. I've seen him in mock drafts go anywhere from eight to thirty one, So I mean he's got a long range of where he could potentially go. If you're looking at twenty four and you really like what Cooley mckinsry brings to the table, that's certainly one you could look at. If you're looking second, third round. This is the guy I've talked about a little bit. TJ. Tampa out of Iowa State. In my opinion, in my opinion, one of the he was the best defender, a best secondary defender in the Big twelve this past season. He's got that press man ability, but he's also got some zone knacks as well. You look at his ball hawking ability, his ball tracking ability as a defensive back being able to do that, had a lot of interceptions this past season. Really liked what he put together at Iowa State. I was state. They're actually really impressing me with their defensive back development over the course of the last couple of years. TJ. Tampa, I think is going to be a really good example of that. But I think he sneaks into the top fifty at some point. That's a guy that I really like out of Iowas.
Speaker 4: I should tagg him tag who Tampa?
Speaker 2: TJ Tampa, Oh talk about him?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I was like, what is tagging?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: I've noticed that the change of direction and his ability to recover it is just it stands out immediately. He has a lot of calmness to his play, and that's what you're looking for for a corner also too, you're not looking for a guy that panics when the balls in the air. He's able to Like you mentioned, just the tracking ability to locate it in the air and go for it, and the speed and size combo make it difficult for receivers to get separation on him. I was I liked his burst as well, and the way he drives to the ball. He played wide receiver in high school, and you can see some of that in his play.
Speaker 5: We're starting to see that a lot.
Speaker 7: I mean, I know that guys kind of go back and forth in high school, but I do think it's hard not to notice that a lot of these gentlemen that played wide receiver relating to high school, some of them in college have those ball skills that stand out as well. No, he's a player, and to your point, Iowa State is starting to come on with it because they have to. They look across the pond, and you know, Iowa got yeah, across the corn.
Speaker 5: I know they do have them, and they froze right now. So go ahead.
Speaker 4: Let's tell you what you both You both got the player wired. You really really do this guy you talk about it. There's natural movement and balance to this guy's game. I mean, he does a really nice job of reading the quarterback and then playing the route, and he gets his hands on a lot of passes, the tracking of the ball. The size gives him an advantage here when he comes to carrying routes. The foot speed, the link to stay connected the receiver, the fluid change of direction. He loves the challenge you can tell of defending routes, he really really does. And the tackling part. He's got some wrap up to him, but he's also got some of that blockdown where he throws his body at the ball career and kind of tries to chop him down. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe he needs to wrap up a little bit. But his length makes him an ideal corner in this league. I'm glad you guys brought his name up.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, speaking of length, If you're looking for later round to press corners that you think could work on this team, look at Road Torrents out of Arizona State. He was a Shrine Bowl guy, six foot three, two hundred pounds, so he's a big dude. But he was playing boundary corner for Arizona State. He jams him off the line, that's physical.
Speaker 3: In these practices he was at one on ones. Yeah, he was absolutely beating people at the line. Physical guy.
Speaker 6: The only downside is that's probably all you have with Roe Torrns as of now, still really raw and really physical and just throwing his weight around in different directions. He's technical with his weight, but it's there's a lot of corner work that you would need to do with him.
Speaker 3: There's a similar probably a higher level prospect, but the similar scouting report. Raw athleticism, physicality, played a lot of zone in college, but he could make maybe make the switch and be a good press man corner. What do you think about Quinnon Mitchell corner from Toledo? Do you think he can maybe fit that mold a little bit too?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm okay with Quinnon Mitchell being asked to do anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sure, I'm at a senior bowl. I'm okay with him being the first corner off the board. Would be shocked if he's further than the third corner off the board.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: I love what Quaneon Mitchell brings to the table. He's not this like overwhelming guy that you look at with size.
Speaker 3: It's like, gosh, he's a It's more tenacity than it is physicality.
Speaker 6: It's more technician. He is a technician. I had a dB trainer who's training some guys here in Frisco. Ask me what was so good about Quaneon Mitchell and Mobile? Why is he catching the attention of all these scouts? Why was that so big for him? I was like, there's no one technique thing that he does where you're like, I wish you would do that a little bit different. He is a technician, yeah, pure book. I is a textbook type type guy. And when you see what he's done at Toledo, how he's been able to stack really good performances as well being able to go up against really good talent. They play good talent up there in the MAC. I love Quanion Mitchell. I'd be okay with him being asked to do anything.
Speaker 4: How do you think he runs nick?
Speaker 6: That's I probably.
Speaker 4: I know that's a tough question because hopefully he'll train be four or five. Yeah, when you watch the tape, it does look like a guy. I mean, he's he's he's the measurements I'm working off is six foot one ninety six I think is right whereabout he's as a player. That was the biggest question I had about him. You could watch the Northern Illinois game and he gets four interceptions in the game. I mean a couple of picks, sixes and stuff like that. He looks taller on tape to me than the six foot He's got some long features to his body. I love the way he tacks the ball. I love the reaction skills. I just one note I put on my I said, we'll be interested to see what his forty yard dash time will be.
Speaker 3: I've got a note on that real quick. Bruce Feldman from the Freaks List. He puts out his Freaks List. Den Brulers mentioned it a couple.
Speaker 2: Times throughout the Beast.
Speaker 3: He was a part of it, and he said he benched two hundred and twenty five pounds twenty one times right. He said, he squatted forty four times right, and he hit a top speed of twenty three point five miles an hour. He said, it's forty times. He ran in the four threes twice for NFL scouts.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, if that's the case, then you know that would be great.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's and of course this is surprising, just a report. We haven't seen Combine numbers or anything yet. That's the official, but just based off of Bruce Feldman, which is a trusted source.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he he's got he's got some mirror mirroring skills, and I I thought he was a little bit more straight lined in the way he played. You know, I bet the tight coverage is there, the sticky coverage is there for the player. Uh. Yeah, he's a guy that that that senior bulk clearly helped him get get on the radar even further than what he was at Toledo.
Speaker 6: Talking about being inside of a hip pocket. He does. And he's then he's got the ball tracking seals in the back end for deep browns.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys love their their Toledo defensive backs they had, but we got one in the building here, Tod Barry Church that does a great job.
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 5: I think this gentleman completed a nickel. Yeah, Jerry and Jones f s.
Speaker 2: U Jerry Jones, Jerry and Jerry and.
Speaker 7: Jones Jerry And I think that's how you pronounce his name. I want to get it right. I was you're talking about jamming at the line like he jams went intent. Yeah, it's not just for decoration. He's trying to redirect a receiver. He has a lot of flexibility in his lower half that allows him to stop and change direction quickly and stay in front of and stay in front of receivers. He plays with a lot of discipline and poise, y'all. And also to the zone awareness is there we talk about the track and ability, he has that as well. I think he plays that line very well of being aggressive but also being disciplined, and that's something that you look for in players because when you look at him, see how much he's Jimmy, You see how much he likes to be involved in man, you sometimes wonder, Okay, is this guy going to get penalized in the future and things like that. Now you can see a whole bunch of that from his game. He's physical, He's very active. He's not afraid to tackle and run support, which is something that I think Zim.
Speaker 4: Will look for as Wellely.
Speaker 7: And he's also been very durable and again important as well. He hasn't played less than eight games his whole college career, so he's played most of all his games, even his I think it was his freshman year played eight games to start. So I'm looking at the player. I like what he's able to do. And so when you look at it, when you look at Okay, what is Zimmer Zim maybe looking for. This is a guy that can't play on the outside, but I do think he can do some nickel things and we know how important that is in this league now.
Speaker 6: So you talked about getting a corner that Zimmer could improve with run support. You look at Treyvon Dicks and what he's so I think one of the bigger negatives you could take from his first couple of years in the league or first few years in the league is how he's able to defend the run and being physical in that sense, I think there's an opportunity for Mike Zimmer to come in and be able to develop that. We're talking about how he can develop certain areas. I think that's certainly one. When you look at the corner room as well, and you had mentioned that I wanted to throw.
Speaker 2: That, Brian.
Speaker 3: You were talking about instincts too, and he seemingly has those instincts that you can bring to the NFL level and say I trust you early, which is what Zimmer wants to do.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Did anybody look, you know to my Florida state, do youboy look at the other corner? Ronardo Green?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, he was also a trim both both of those guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I heard that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, did we talk about him before?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. If you want to bring him up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the thing about him is with me, to this guy, I was like, I saw a very physical, competitive, aggressive player, and I didn't think he was the type of player that was afraid to play you tight. He's going to compete for every ball that comes his direction. He could be a little grabby at times and drape his arm across the back of the receiver, you know when they run those insider outs. I would not say he's the most fluid moving player when it comes to the movement, but he when he gets his hands on his receiver, it's really hard for them to get away from him because he's got the ability to mirror when it's called for the recovery and his footwork. I feel he's a better man player than Zone. So I kind of brought him back in my mind because of thinking of guy's six foot one hundred and eighty six pounds. You know, he's going to be one of those guys that has a feel for how to play, how to use the sideline to push this guy out when you know, in the air, so smart, competitive, complete and assignments. You know, when I started thinking again, zim type of guy. Maybe that Ronaldo Green Florida State might be a guy that will catch their attention.
Speaker 7: Kim Hart, cornerback Notre Dame, had a good had a good Senior Bowl showing man. Listen, if you got a lot of waste of movement in your game as a receiver, he's gonna make you pay. Yeah, because you're just doing stuff for decoration with him. Because he's crazy, technically sound to be as young as he is, he's hard to fool. He mirrors well like we talked about, he's physical, impressed, and at the top of the route. So he is able to drive guys out to the outside. Now I will say that he comes up in tackles. I think I do prefer him on the outside though, as opposed to you know, working in it, because he understands how to use the boundary to his benefit and kind of work guys over to the side. So he stood out to me during the Senior Bowl. Nick, were you able to see him and see some of the things he was able to do.
Speaker 6: Former receiver as well? Yeah, So yeah, there's there's definitely those abilities. I like his press man ability with talking about it here, but yeah, at Senior Bowl he backed all that up for sure.
Speaker 3: Where would you put him? Is he like an early day three, late day two kind of guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think firmly day two I think yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Especially when he did the Senior Bowl because he was I mean, he went up against some of these dogs out there and they weren't able to get separation from him.
Speaker 5: I thought he was impressive. I'm look, I'm jealous. You got to see him? How close.
Speaker 4: You speaking of Iowa, where does this Cooper de Jene? Where does he fall in?
Speaker 5: Lord have Mercy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a fascinating one.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 6: We talked about him a little bit last week as far as Okay, yeah, his secondary versatility, I think yeah. I think he's going to be an interesting one overall in this process because you see him go as high again, it's kind of a kool aid. Yeah, that's where That's what I'm saying teen. Yeah, and then you can see him late second round. Yeah, Combine is gonna be huge for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was kind of like, I kind of feel like he's a right place at the right time prospect, you know, where like it's like he seems to be the ball kind of gets knocked in the air and he's standing there or you know, And I just think he's got good instincts. I think he's got the awareness to make it plays. I think he does a good job as a tackler too. You know, here's where you always kind of feel like that maybe he could play another position or two. And you know, but I mean the scheme kind of requires him to play sideways. You know, you really don't get a feel for how he really pedals, and you know, because they're funneling everything into the middle of the field. And but man, he's he's a pretty impressive play Guy's a really good punt returner too, is one of the better ones I've seen. So, man, I was just curious to where you guys had him. But you're right, because the mock some of the mocks have him like super high, and then others have him like, you know, like you said in the second round, I.
Speaker 2: Think I think he's a top twenty player.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: I when I look at him, I look of I look at a lesser polished Christian Gonzales from Oregon last year, very similar skill set in the way that they've got Lean they've got I really like Gonzalez was a better player. I would have Gonzalez as a top ten prospect, but I don't think Degene is that far off.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's that far off as a player.
Speaker 3: So if you're looking at a corner, like you said, a lot of it is is is subjective. It is what you like as a defense, it's what you like as a scheme. He's going to fit a lot of those areas. So I think he's going to go top twenty, top twenty five, something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, and then the Iowa pedigree. It matters at this point. It just does, you know, because you guys come in.
Speaker 7: You're like, Oh, he's going to be fundamentally sound, He's going to have his things together. But I do think he's a good representation of the position and how he plays it.
Speaker 3: There's some press corners for you, though. If you're looking for Mike Zimmer, you're looking for something happening.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of where we could have talked about.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, we can hit that. We've got a couple of drafts shows between now and the drafts.
Speaker 4: We'll hit it.
Speaker 3: Then when we come back, we're taking your questions. Twitter on the twenty comes up right after this.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the press.
Speaker 6: Guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 4: He'll love full first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prus Scot's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 4: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 9: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center they got me back on my game.
Speaker 8: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creatingctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 11: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is.
Speaker 3: That Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show. Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, a taste you can depend on. We've got Nick Harris, Brian Bradis, Aisha Morrison, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans, and Chris Beam's about to hit that sounder button because it's time for.
Speaker 2: Some twitter on the Twitter. Darn right, it is all right.
Speaker 3: Matthew asked Gabe Hall how to Baylor Can he play one technique in Zimmer's system? Of course, you're talking about improving the size, improving the spine of that defense.
Speaker 2: Can Gabe Haul do something like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I think first we need to talk about Gabe Hall a little bit more, six foot six pushing three hundred pounds, so a tall, tall, tall, tall guy there in the middle. He was somebody that overwhelmed everybody physically at the.
Speaker 3: Big twelve in these like just yeah, man handled mountains, and.
Speaker 6: That's something I want to talk about. It's it's kind of a trend that we're seeing from the high school to college ranks too. And you see this big, tall guy here in the interior for those for the audio only, we got Gabe Hall here on film. But he's physical, He's able to get off the line quick. I like him more as a three tech. I'm not a huge fan of bringing him in as a one because if you're bringing him in as a one, you're gonna have to put weight on him. That is a fact. You're gonna have to put at least thirty thirty five pounds. I want to keep him at the weight that he's at right now, wherever team he goes, put him at three tech and let him operate with a little bit more fluidity and a little bit more athleticism. I think that'll help him in his game long term. But man, once he once he's able to shut his block, he's able to create some violent things in the backfield. I like gay Paul.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny. You see a guy that's sixty six and wearing number ninety five, who do you think of David Irving. Okay, remember David Irban. We couldn't figure out, like is he where is he?
Speaker 5: He ahead of his time?
Speaker 4: But yeah, he was. He was definitely the Beatles, you know, I mean he was. He was. It's so funny because I'm gonna spe fishing one day at my lake and someone's gass me, who's the best player you ever saw? That just kind of just kind of went by the wayside, and David Irban is going to be my guy because he could play like eighteen plays and have six tackles in those eighteen plays and force the fumble. But yeah, here's a guy, like you said, you know, probably a little bit more of that three technique look than playing inside. But man, I'll tell you what, that length is pretty impressive with the way that he's kind of been able to get rid of those blockers and then get over to that football.
Speaker 6: Do you guys remember Jerry Tillery in the twenty nineteen draft was a first round pick for the Raiders. Yeah, it's similar vibes here as far as the length and what he's able to do with it. Tillary he had a couple of really good years in Vegas, but kind of phased out after that. I think he's with the Chargers now, but with Gabe Haul, I really like what he brings as a three tech type of defensive lineman. You look at the size that he has got some quick Yeah, he's got that explosiveness off the line. Can he line up over center as you see right here? Yeah, yes, absolutely, But I want him to be able to focus on a three tech type situation.
Speaker 2: As a Waco, Texas native.
Speaker 3: Myself, my opinion, I say he was the best player other than Ika on that defense for Dave Randa and the Baylor Bears. But I want to ask the Baylor Bear himself, Chris Beam in the back, what did you think whenever you were watching him play this year? If he's able to do it, he may be running running technical.
Speaker 6: Season is not Waco.
Speaker 2: He was a guy I was born in Waco. Come on now, he definitely flashed. But I mean Baylor was terrible this year.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's said like a true Baylor Bear. Love it all right.
Speaker 3: Next question coming up, if you could have a Micah like rookie season from one player in this draft class, what position would you want it to be in? And what and why Calvin asked that question, run that back. If you wanted a Micah like rookie season, just an explosive rookie season from one player in this draft class, what position would you want that player to play?
Speaker 6: Wow, that's a that's an interesting one. Does offensive line count?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 6: The offensive line?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I mean you'd love you'd love for that somebody who plays center come in here and coming in all bro and be an all Pro right off the Yeah. I think linebackers another position too. You know, I know that a lot of people are are kind of throwing these different linebackers. Eisch and I were walking in we were talking about Colson from from Michigan, and every time, you know, you talk about somebody from Michigan, everybody kind of just turns the radio for sure. But you know, yeah, if you could give me a center, a linebacker, I would absolutely or an offense, uh I say, maybe a tackle. I mean, I don't you don't know what's gonna happen with with Tyron Smith in that situation, or we'll see what happens with the the you know, the guys that are currently on the roster. But man, if you're going to if you're going to give me one, give me a center that they play at a very very high level.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're talking Michael rookie year. Uh, we were surprised.
Speaker 5: It was like, surprise he could play d N. Oh yeah, listen, honey, I would love a surprise.
Speaker 7: Oh he could really play running back and we can run the ball.
Speaker 5: And again it's not it's.
Speaker 2: Not you want an Ezekiel Elliott type rookie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, I mean Micah's Micah's rookie year was when when you mentioned his rookie year, I look at it more of the surprise of.
Speaker 5: Him being able to have that flex at d N.
Speaker 7: So for me, I'm like, Okay, if you have a running back that comes in here, maybe they can add something different to your even if it's even if it's like a third down guy or a guy that can like I want to see if there's a gentleman that can come in here and affect the run game, because I think that's going to be important moving forward for this team.
Speaker 6: So you look what young fresh legs did for Detroit and what they were talk.
Speaker 5: About in the balance they had, right.
Speaker 6: So maybe last couple of years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe you're not picking super high, like like you just mentioned Kansas City with Pacheco. Like, maybe you're not picking super duper high for running back. But if you can have a guy that comes in here and he's a surprise or he's a good addition to what you do offensively, I think that means you're moving in the right direction as an offense, because you need to be able to.
Speaker 5: Talk the rock.
Speaker 3: Matt asked kind of along the same questions as you were alluding to with Micah. Are there any players that could add be asked to switch positions based.
Speaker 2: Off of where they're going.
Speaker 3: We talked about position flex a couple of shows last week, but I'll start with you, Brian. Anybody on your list so far that you can see, hey, maybe they'll end up switching positions moving forward, that's I haven't.
Speaker 4: I haven't thought about it that way. You have one. I think so because I was talking about the I was talking about the that the Iowa corner, you know, or I thought he might be a safety safety To be honest with you, I thought that might be a better you know, with the with the ball skills and the range and his tackling ability. I kind of thought that maybe that But I haven't really thought about.
Speaker 6: He was a safety prospect. Yeah, Iowa converted.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's there's these offensive linemen there. You know, we we've kind of we've kind of talked about a Graham Barton, you know, is that I mean that's a guy's played tackle guard. You know, he was a left tackle at at Duke. You know, is that a guy that's now you know? Would that guy be your center?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, I think that we kind of agree that would be a direction that we would would go for there. But that's really the only guys that I was kind of thinking about right now.
Speaker 5: That was a good question that I felt like.
Speaker 7: Nick asked a lot of the gentlemen at the Shrine Bowl, was you know.
Speaker 5: If you could switch? Do you think you could?
Speaker 7: And a lot of the guys said, you know, because it's just kind of what happens sometimes in.
Speaker 5: This league especially.
Speaker 7: He asked a lot of the corner players if they're going to but when you talk about somebody.
Speaker 5: I think that somebody might.
Speaker 7: Look at as a safety. He was recruited as a safety. Tyryon Arnold cornerback out of Alabama. Yeah, six foot one, ninety six. I feel like people could look at his ranginess and how long he is and things like that.
Speaker 5: And see maybe they see a safety or.
Speaker 4: Like a Brian Branch right back to safety.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he has had a great rookie year two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has.
Speaker 7: It's his own discipline and balance and patience.
Speaker 5: That I think allows will allow him to do that.
Speaker 7: But he also can and go from hash to hash and move move people out the way. He's he has a really strong recovery speed and he's good and impressed as well. So maybe tyry On Arnold is someone and maybe people look at it at safety.
Speaker 4: I did. That's that's actually a really good one I looked at I was looking at my linebackers and I was thinking, has anybody studied Kaylen DeLoach from Florida State. Kaylen DeLoach is six ' one, He's two hundred and fifteen pounds. Where's number four at Florida State. And he's a guy that's a linebacker at Florida State. And I wonder at six one two point fifteen if they're going to have to move him as a safety or a sub package player. This guy gets after the ball, you know. And I was just I mean, we need to see because at six one two fifteen, how about Beamer having some highlights where you're right here. But this kid's a hell of a player. And but again, that size is will be a problem playing as a linebacker. But man, when you study him play. This is against Boston College right here, I mean, he's more than willing to step up and make tackles, make plays. But I just don't know. Could it be very much like what we deal with with Bell here, you know, because of the size and stuff like that. But he might be that guy that is, like I said, strong safety down in the box, sub player that you can you could put him in some in coverage because you watch him play. He plays really really well in space too, So maybe you have some heares on the outside here I'm beam coming up with these great highlights for you. But yeah, on the blitz right here, look at the clothes right there. Look at that first Yeah, yeah, that's against Clemson. So there you go create and turnovers, getting the ball and then a little scoop and score action there for the seminoles.
Speaker 6: I hate to see that. Oh my god, Kate club Nick, But yeah.
Speaker 7: Nick, are you is Javon Bullert from Georgia, A safety or a corner.
Speaker 6: I like him more as a safety. I want to keep him where he's at. He's he does have that corner type ability though, and they stepped him up at Nickel.
Speaker 5: As many times this past season while I was asked.
Speaker 6: But I I think with his range, with his ability to kind of be able to cover that from the defensive backfield, have everything in front of him, That's what I would want. And you know, I've questioned what his speed will look like at the combine a couple of times on the show. With that in mind, I'd like to keep him in safety.
Speaker 4: Has anybody's seen Kaylen speaking of bullet Kaylan Bullock from USC Yeah, have you seen Okay, he's sixty three, he's one hundred and ninety pounds, you know, and he plays as a free safety. I maybe, I mean, he makes a lot of plays with the ball in the air, and so I was kind of wondering, maybe, you know, here's a corner sat I'm trying of trying to find that again that Brian Branch trying kind of player, the guy that can play safety but can also potentially play in the slot and cover and blitz and do some things. So there's guys just because of some of the heightened height and weight. But Kaylan Bullock, he's like say sixty three one ninety, he wears number seven at USC might be a guy that you want to take care because my final note on him was his covered skills are what are going to get him drafted in the league, along with his ability to read routes. So I wonder if he's a safety that's probably should be playing corner or should be playing more as a nickel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, next question, This one comes from JP. He says, thoughts on Xavier Leget out of South Carolina, the wide receiver, big playability, Where would you have to draft him, and how could he fit into your offense if you wanted to attack wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's an interesting one. He's one that I spent a lot of time watching at Senior Bowl. First day. He had a very, very rough day. I think if you're looking at one of the bigger followers from the Senior Bowl, you're looking at Xavier leg But I'm not out on him what he was able to do at South Carolina this past season. He's a big play guy that you can get the ball in space to, and he will take off, He'll go and he'll be able to do it. I compare him Cordero Patterson in that same sense because he can also work some things out of the backfield with his build. I think there's a lot of different things you can do in an off with Xavier Lagette, and it makes him an intriguing type of weapon. What I put in my notes here after Senior Bowl, struggled at Senior Bowl and soul stock Fall with the long, speed and physicality still make him a legit offensive weapon out of the backfield and in the receiving game. So I like Lagette. I think it's he probably slipped to late the late third round. He's probably a late day two option now. But if you're looking for a big, beefy receiver that you want to bring in and has some versatility with six foot one, two hundred and twenty three pounds, that's a guy you can have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, physical at the catch point and he's he's very physical through his routes as well. The concentration is there, you know, the way he fights do trash. But yeah, when you mentioned the separation and some of that stuff, maybe that's something that.
Speaker 5: Gives people pause.
Speaker 7: But I think, I know, I know that Rashid Rice isn't as big as him. But we've been there, done that with thinking that guys just because they don't separate a whole much, they can't play the game.
Speaker 5: Found out already.
Speaker 4: He just wanted to how was he run after catch? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I love it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Does he does he have any traits like what Deebo Samuel does. Yeah, it's better than remember South Carolina.
Speaker 5: It's really just like he's just I mean, can you.
Speaker 4: Hand him the ball? Can you move him around?
Speaker 9: You think?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the temperament. Yeah, he has the temperament to do those things. He's the temperament he I put down, he's that's my ball.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's the type of player he is.
Speaker 7: But but to your point, it's not like you're not gonna get super.
Speaker 5: Sharp route running and stuff from him consistently.
Speaker 7: But if you get the ball in his hands, yeah, he's gonna make something happen.
Speaker 6: He's got the Dbo thighs too.
Speaker 4: When you say that's six, I haven't seen the player. But when you say six to one and you say two twenty three, you know, I start to think of you know, running back kind of build. Yep, you know. But if if run after catch and all that's really good, maybe maybe you have a similar type player that someone will find ways to use him in the backfield as well.
Speaker 6: There's a play on his film. I forget who they're playing, but they're they're lining up twenty five yard lines starting a drive and it's just a simple crosser over the middle and he explodes out of there. It's up quick and he's gone long. Speed is incredible. I think he's a weapon that you can definitely use in a lot of different ways at the next level.
Speaker 2: There you go, all right, along with Xavier Leget.
Speaker 3: I've got a couple names I want to hit when we come back, and it's based off of a tweet from our very own Nick Harris. We're gonna talk about that here in a couple of moments when we come back with more of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 12: Hi Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 11: At Laser care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 12: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you Hoot.
Speaker 8: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: How they snapped the frushcout who looks white?
Speaker 6: It's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped, flapped, He'll walk.
Speaker 11: For a punch down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna rub this him show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new dicking and flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is.
Speaker 1: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Shows.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Like Glad you're with us here on this Tuesday again. We'll be back on Thursday eleven am Central to continue breaking down this twenty twenty four draft class.
Speaker 2: But I think it's time to break down one of Nick Harris's best tweets of the week in My Thing to.
Speaker 3: Do, And we're gonna break it down player by player, and we're gonna see if we we like this. So on was this Friday? I think it was Friday ish, Thursday or Friday. Nick asked for some NFL Draft questions. He wanted to answer some questions on Twitter. Joseph Hoyt out of Texas Lone Star Life says, give a position in player comp for every member of the draft show oh my god. And Nick Harris responded and he provided a position in player comp for every person in.
Speaker 6: The draft with a little trade with a little bit of why he.
Speaker 2: Thought that was the case. So we're gonna start things off with Chris Beam in the back, he said.
Speaker 3: Isaiah Davis, running back out of South Dakota State said, don't forget about the FCS slash producers.
Speaker 2: Why did that one work out for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Beam's got the Isaiah Davis film ready to go. Look at these long legs from Isaiah Davis. This is a guy who's had fourteen hundred plus yards and each of the last two seasons a really productive runner for the back to back national champions. You look at what they were able to do offensively, it ran straight through Isaiah Davis. This is a guy that will perform at the next level. He will be a running back on a team next year that you will want to pick up on your fantasy team. Type of guy. I mean, this is I really like Isaiah Davis. This is a sneaker running back that you can get in the fourth round, fourth, fifth round, and he'll have production of the day he steps on.
Speaker 4: A He's very high cut, as we'd say in the scouting world, long legs, short up your body.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, very high legs, long legs.
Speaker 2: He got an invite to the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 6: Right shrine. Gosh, I don't remember mix.
Speaker 2: He was in one of the All Star Games.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of jack rabbits in Frisco, so I just kind of relied on that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's he's fun. And that was Chris Beams comp physical.
Speaker 4: Wow being just ran over, just ran over the guy. The dot com guy at the Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, easy money.
Speaker 3: Uh, I can't wait for Draft Day and we're gonna take all these comps and we're gonna say, up, Beam just went off the board.
Speaker 2: He should just went off the board.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about aisha cornerback Chris Abrams, drain, scrappy and assertive was the.
Speaker 2: Reason why Nick Harris gave that comp. You guys have talked about him a little bit out of Missouri.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah. Absolutely, he's he's gonna he's gonna come on the field and you're not gonna think that he's the most imposing corner in the world. That he's gonna make you feel you and he's he's really strong. I really like what he does in coverage. I gave him a lot of flak early in this draft show. Now I saw him at Senior Bowl, and I understood his abilities a little bit more. No, no, no, come on. When I understood his abilities a little bit more, I kind of fell in love with the prospect a little bit more. I still think he's I teeter with late Day two, early Day three with him, just because I think there's a lot that he'll give up in big play opportunities. But I love Chris Abram strain from a scrappiness stand, I think it's perfect.
Speaker 4: I think you got her. I think you got her nailed.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 7: We talked about and what they're doing there putting together a good program.
Speaker 4: Here's here it is, Aysha yet a nice low back pedal, powerful hands, disrept receivers early in her out. Please can get under and turn it run in press coverage. Gotta love this could flip the hips, run down, feel quick, surprisingly powerful, it has explosive is an explosive athlete. Ability to break on the ball close. The close is phenomenal on this guy and at rare ball skills. He puts himself in position to make plays on the ball. He finds it. He plays with awareness. There's instincts when Facian when he has action in zone coverage and stuff like that, and he's not afraid to tackle. I mean he does in a variety of ways. The way this guy plays.
Speaker 6: So do you worry about the big play? Giving up the big play? It's not that he knew at Missouri necessarily so much. It's his his traits and what he does instincts. I would say, yeah, it's instincts that allow it. At the NFL level that I think could not translate. Well, yeah, he doesn't flip those hips as fluidly as I would love him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that to me, like they say, there you're if you watch the LSU game, because they l it was a man. LSU did a nice job of throwing the ball that game, and that was It was a little bit of a little bit of prompt. I think because some of the things you're talk about. I think it's just maybe a size because he's not the biggest guy weight wise. It's like one hundred and seventy eight pound guy you're doing with one of those Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So so you really went deep into this.
Speaker 6: Comp like I gave these like five minutes of fun whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see Cooper BB, guard out of Kansas State, said that's the man, and he comped that to Zach Woldchuck said, Zach Woldchuck is Cooper BB's.
Speaker 6: The man, and also Zach loves Cooper.
Speaker 2: So that was Yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 6: That was the easiest one to throw it. It was perfect.
Speaker 3: And we talked a lot about Cooper BB in one of the previous shows. Yeah, not this past week, but the week before. So if you haven't listened to that yet, you can go back and listen to it.
Speaker 4: He's got an old school build to him, by the way. That's why I think I like he's just a mauler.
Speaker 5: I mean, I would say the temperament is yeah school too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Man, push of knock guys down as many. I mean, anybody gets his way just kind of knocks knocks him down.
Speaker 3: So Walchuck did to me in the hallway the other day. I just turned the corner and he hit me and I was on the floor. Pancake block, That's what happened.
Speaker 4: Uh, this one's a good one.
Speaker 3: Brian brought us Is Jackson Powers Johnson the Oregon Center. He said he's a tone center.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you. I appreciate that. Uh. You know, yeah, I wish I had this kind of rare athletic traits. I would have I would have played a lot more at Elish instead of just being a snapper. Yeah, this guy's got the right attitude about it, and there's a mean, nasty streak to his game. We've talked about him. He's he has a problem for defenders to deal with in space because he's got some of that road greater mentality to him, the foot speed, the movement, very good angles, getting second level. The toughness is just so impressive with this guy. And you don't see him getting making busts assignments you know with guys when they run twist. He's got everything kind of in front of him, keeps him from He's not fooled, and you can see he loves to play the game. And that's I think the most important thing about him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my favorite part about him is just the fact that you can. You can have a toolbox. Boy, you better bring every single one you have, because his ability to counter with his hands is so impressive to me, and the way he's able to recover.
Speaker 5: He's not beat often. Let's just keep it a buck like, he's not beat.
Speaker 7: Often, but the minute that a DN or somebody thinks that he's beat, he's like.
Speaker 5: Oh no, just kidding back fu. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Like, And it's the finishing blocks as well as that he's because that's one thing I noticed about this a lot of the guys in this class is I find myself being like finished the block, just I need another more second, just to tick longer and hold that block up.
Speaker 5: And this guy is so sturdy and dependable as well.
Speaker 3: I went back and watched my comps for not comps, but really rating and scouting report for Tyler Linderbaum back a couple of drafts ago. This is my fifth year of doing pure rankings and scouting reports for the Draft Show and Dallas Cowboys Dot Com. If I had to combine all five draft classes, Tyler Linderbaum would be my number one center, Jackson Powers Johnson would be my number two out of all of those.
Speaker 2: And you think it could flip.
Speaker 3: I think it's not very far off, and I would probably put Linderbaumb just a little bit of ahead of what I had what I have currently for Jackson Powers Johnson. You're right, by the end of it all, I could flip it. But right now those are one two, And that's a compliment in itself, the fact that that's five years of draft classes and if you're saying this guy is that good to where Tyler Linderbaum's a multiple pro bowler by this point, I think you've got something working in the right direction, and that's exactly what Jackson Powers Johnson has.
Speaker 6: That's funny you mentioned that, because along with the h that same kind of questions that I was answering back on Friday, somebody had asked me about the comparison between Tyler Linderbaum and Jackson Powers Johnson, and gosh, I'm trying to find it. It's the question was, wasn't Tyler Linnerbaum a better center prospect than Jackson Powers Johnson and he went picked twenty five? What makes you question JPJ goes even earlier than him? And I was like, to be fair, I think we're all starting to bridge into Linderbaum hype. For JPJ. It's just happened much faster because of Linderbaum. I mean, he was at Iowa, you had that going the end to his last season, and he's like, Okay, this is the center prospect and Jackson Power Johnson I feel like has really made all his money in the last month. Yeah, it's it's it's it's really stacking up for him, just much quicker. And you look at the age difference. I think as well, I think that's gonna be JPJ such a more interesting prospect at the end of the day. Does he end up going higher than twenty five? I think so. I think you'd I think it'd be shocked if you did.
Speaker 4: You pick somebody for yourself.
Speaker 6: So I did.
Speaker 5: I picked uh.
Speaker 6: I picked Jonathan Brooks, first year starter and doesn't really know what the future holds because I choose what I you for dinner like five minutes before every night.
Speaker 3: So I was I was thinking, I was thinking, have you guys coming off of an acl sirch Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, first year starter, doesn't really know what's going on, you know.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, have you I was thinking of you maybe as a lad McConkey, I'll take you. That's good for Georgia scrappy. Yeah, this guy's played a ton of big games in his career and he shows up well. He's a fluid moving athlete. He's slippery side to his game. He's one of the best route runners I've studied in.
Speaker 2: This draft technician.
Speaker 4: He was acceptive with his speed with a burst, you would not think he's going anywhere with the ball. Then the next thing you know, he's off to the races. He's just one of those types of guys. He's a short air quickness player. He can create opportunities at different levels of the defense. I mentioned about the routes, good quickness off the line that he can escape. He catches the ball with ease. If it's anywhere near him, he's going to make the play. And he just got toughness, is a willingness to go get it, and he's skilled when finding the ball. That's a great job of tracking, attacking. One of the best in the country and it comes to receiving touchdowns and first down.
Speaker 7: That's funny that you picked it for that for him, because I actually said one of the best.
Speaker 4: This guy's one of my favorite players.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think he's one of the best at the top of the route that I've seen and transition from top speed and being able to stop on a dine with good releases. I was the separation he's able to create consistently.
Speaker 5: It's very impressive.
Speaker 7: So he has a good feel for the position. You can see that it's it's not it's not too fast for him. Things seem like they're slowed down for him.
Speaker 4: If you like Pokin Na Koua feel like this guy.
Speaker 8: That's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And he gave people the business at the Senior Bone.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean almost here.
Speaker 4: Doesn't care who lines up across the room. He is going to run a route that's going to corkscrew somebody into the ground.
Speaker 2: Was he on the All Practice team. I want to say he was for I'm sure he was voted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they always thought somebody had Yeah. The defensive backs I think voted him matter. I mean that's it's usually the opposite to who you know you're facing against. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The by the way, the the comp that he had for me was Xavier. Look at who just broke down in the previous segment. He was worried about his size. He was worried about translating to the next level.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you a big play guy, didn't I Yeah you did. You said big Yeah, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: But I'm so finally I'm glad we finally brought up lab mccomptly.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's it's it's it's overdue.
Speaker 4: That's overdue. I'll tell you what. He's a lot of fun to watch on tape. He's not hard to find, you know. He just every time the you know, the beck the quarterback which is shot back and he needs a big play, he's gonna throw it to eighty four.
Speaker 3: We always talk about those guys that you're watching one player, yeah, and the other guys show up. You're watching brock Bowers tear up defenses in the SEC and every couple of plays you start seeing, yeah, you start seeing eighty four flash across the screen.
Speaker 2: You're like, holy, it's.
Speaker 4: Even fun when they put eighty four nineteen on the same side of the field and they're running routes for each other.
Speaker 5: Yea, just to stop and to stop and yeah, yeah, it's just crazy.
Speaker 6: Should we talk about brock Bowers really quick and how he's going to be under the fiftieth percentile for basically every single tight end measurement and measurable that you could ask. You hate brock Bowers, No, no, no, I'm just I'm just throwing that out there as a potential concern with brock Bowers, that there was a picture that had got posted over the weekend at Super Bowl weekend and him standing next to Gronk and it.
Speaker 4: Looked like a different player, didn't Yeah.
Speaker 6: Brock looked like he he was, you know, like a sailing sailing a car insurance. Yeah, you know, so it's it's it's different. It's there's definitely a difference there. I mean, he is that shorter stock of your guy.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows that he sacrifices that size for his speed, because he really does have beat in verticality absolutely balanced, and I've seen some mocks slip him to as far back as fifteen.
Speaker 6: I've seen him go as high as number five.
Speaker 5: Overall.
Speaker 6: I think it's an interesting prospect for sure. But I don't. I don't know if we're having this conversation about brock Bower as a day one type of guy that can walk onto an NFL team and contribute immediately. I don't know. I don't know about that. Do I think eventually? Absolutely? I mean, this is a dynamic offensive weapon you see when he's done for Georgia. I trust in brock Bowers, but I think there's gonna have to be a little bit more size added there.
Speaker 4: I really do think if he gets your spot, you're taking him.
Speaker 7: The versatility and the uniqueness of the player does make you want to be like he because he can do so many different things.
Speaker 5: It was different.
Speaker 7: It would be different to me if he was just a straight up tight end and whatever the case.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure I have to like that Cede lamp pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a Cede Lambscenaria.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You think, like, oh, we're talking about sinners, and we're talking about you know, all these other positions.
Speaker 3: Can I trade Jake Ferguson if I take him?
Speaker 7: You can't afford to the world what oh that you can afford to get rid of Jake Ferguson Because.
Speaker 2: You say're drafting a first round tight end, you got to trade somebody. You trade Schoolmaker. Nobody's going to.
Speaker 3: Take Schoonmaker for anything close to what you want. Ferguson's values high. Right now, I'm not saying I would want to do this. Let's get that straight.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, Would he be your best player on your board if he got to you at twenty four? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably he might be.
Speaker 5: Like he can do a lot.
Speaker 4: But also can take guys like Pitt's Better from Atlanta, Florida like.
Speaker 6: A prospect as a prospect, I think so.
Speaker 4: But I just liking. I just liking this Georgia guy.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 7: I like him.
Speaker 4: I think I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Did you have not? Carings was one of my top guys?
Speaker 4: He was, but you watched this kid play. I think right about it because.
Speaker 7: He's not he's not, but it will be different when you talk about the size he's up for the task. In blocking, he's not even even though you're you know, I think that the explosiveness and the way that he works through he works through things is going to stand out to people. And he can get up at the second level as well. But he can cut in the open field.
Speaker 5: He could be a weapon. And it depends on what. I guess it just depends on what you're looking for.
Speaker 7: It comes from a football family, comes from an athletic family, period, so he knows what the moment calls for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not saying about on brock Powers. I want the rest. We know that we're not fussing at you twenty four.
Speaker 4: I want the record of the show.
Speaker 2: I'm not actually trying to trade Jake Ferguson. I love jac heard what you're saying. No, no, you stop it.
Speaker 4: We heard what you said, Savior, no question.
Speaker 2: Come on now. All right, that's it for us today on the Draft Show.
Speaker 3: We'll be back on Thursday, continuing to break down draft prospects with more here presented by Miller Life for Chris, Beam in the back for Nick Harris.
Speaker 2: Brian brought us Ayisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft Show. We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.