Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arms Strong and Gette and He Armstrong and Gutty Strong.
Speaker 3: This is The Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast One More Thing, Get it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 4: I saw an article in New York Times about the Final Dead shows happening in San Francisco over the weekend. They played Friday, Saturday, Sunday night final shows of their tour. They said there's chances they'll get back together again for a benefit or something, but they're never going to tour again, they claim. I don't think they probably actually are. They've made that claim many times over the years. They're very old. Yeah, Bubbweer's like Joe Biden old and I noticed him well he was as an adult during the Summer of Love in nineteen sixty seven. Yeah, that's one of the things I want to bring up with this phenomenon. So, speaking of it being a phenomenon, one of the reasons I went was, it's a phenomenon. I haven't been to a concert in I think fifteen years, so it had been a long time. So I'd been to a concert and Dead and Company was coming to the area. It's sixty miles from my house, and I kind of thought about it a couple of times. Then I looked at prices. They're too high. Anyway, I finally decided, you know what, I'm going to do it. So I bought a ticket two hours before, three hours before the show started, hopped on my motorcycle, rode into San Francisco to the baseball line, and and didn't even pay a ton for it. Luckily, I think people started to panic. Some of the people that had put I'll say you one for eight thousand dollars for starting to panic if they had some left, so it didn't get a bad price. Anyway, I was trying to figure out while I was sitting there in the concert, I was trying to figure out, what is the phenomenon of the whole grateful Dead thing.
Speaker 2: You mentioned. They've been doing this for.
Speaker 4: Fifty five years, fifty seven years something like that, with only a couple of exceptions. Every song they play is fifty plus years old. They haven't created, they haven't created anything new and forever, and the crowd and the place, I don't know if it was sold out, but I didn't see any empty seats up in the stands.
Speaker 2: The crowd varied.
Speaker 4: There were lots of twenty somethings, there were lots of thirty somethings, forty something, fifty something, sixty something, seventy somethings, every age group there, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they created or why.
Speaker 4: I just I was just looking around, trying to take it all in, trying to figure out what what happened here?
Speaker 2: Why has nobody else ever been able to do this. I remember when we were in Charlotte.
Speaker 4: North Carolina, the Grateful Dead came through in the mid nineties, and I didn't know anything about the Grateful Dead. I've never really been into the Grateful Dead. They came through town, and I didn't go to the concert. I was at a party that night at a house, and a number of people had been to the Dead concert and they This is pre internet, So in the Internet era, obviously you can go online and check what the set list is for every concert and they would be posted as soon as the.
Speaker 2: Concert is over.
Speaker 4: But this is before the internet, so these guys would run home and some of them took scraps of paper and pens with them. Some of them are just using their knowledge and they're sitting there at the kitchen table at this party saying, okay, so what did they play first set?
Speaker 2: Well, they opened with this, open with that.
Speaker 4: They writing it all down, They kept the log of all the concerts they'd seen in the set list in a way.
Speaker 2: That just I don't think happens that often with bands.
Speaker 4: Part of it is they don't play that many songs because each song is thirteen to fifteen minutes long. So you play like four songs, take a break, play four more songs, and your three hours are up.
Speaker 2: That's one weird aspect of the whole thing.
Speaker 4: The other thing is they don't come out and say a word, and never have, according to the New York Times, they don't say, hey, Atlanta, good to be here.
Speaker 2: There is one from the new while, you know, thanks for coming, or nothing. They don't see it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: They wander out and start playing.
Speaker 4: The wonder if start playing, and when they're done, they walk off and that's it.
Speaker 2: And and from the beginning.
Speaker 4: Another interesting thing is they've always encouraged people recording it and posting live recordings, and they got gazillions alive albums and just well, do you tell me what is different about that band that allowed them to tour for fifty some years. I was just looking up still one of the top grossing concert tours out there.
Speaker 2: They didn't play that many shows, but they're making.
Speaker 4: Gazillions of dollars, Yeah, in ticket sales and T shirt sales.
Speaker 2: And everything like that.
Speaker 4: Oh and one more thing before I let you you answer the question, because you know more about it than I do. So they walk out, they start playing, and it's got a drum beat to it that I don't quite recognize off the top of my head, because all the songs kind of have a similar drum beat and a similar thing, and everybody's twirling. All the girls are twirling and thing, and then everybody's danced everything like that. Not a single person in that stadium that I saw sat for one second three and a half hours. I've never been to a concert like that. I've been to plenty of concerts with people stand for the big hits, then sit back down for a slow song or whatever. Not a person I was expecting to get to sit for a while. None of that happened. So they do the drum beat, drumbeat, and they opened with the Buddy Holly song that they do.
Speaker 2: Regularly, probably not fade away. Yeah yeah, And so.
Speaker 4: Then the drum, the drum stop, and then the whole crowd in Unison.
Speaker 2: Says I'm gonna tell you what I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna do it, and then everybody saying every word to every song for three and a half hours, never said down. I've never seen anything like that. Why is that? You tell me why that is?
Speaker 3: I'm sure there are multiple books written to address that very question, and they are book length, as books often are. I would say, I mean number one. At the beginning, they were just a whale of a band. I mean, just a terrific band that was incredible. Well, you know, there's a couple of sayings among musicians ragged but right or loose but tight. They had a combination of being extremely good and extremely loose and improvisational and and really fun music to listen to if you're stoned. Plus, they have a weird like hippie community thing going like, we're all here, we're all friends, nobody's gonna get ugly, it's gonna be great. Everybody's gonna enjoy themselves, nobody's gonna judge anybody else. We're gonna listen to the jams and have a great time, you know there, And there are actually other bands that have it, you just don't hear about it as much. Fish has an enormous following that's very grateful, deadlike, and there are a couple others Dave Matthew's band.
Speaker 4: Surely, but not on that scale for that long without ever putting any nose.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, that's what's just like you.
Speaker 4: And how do you grow new fans in their twenties with fifty five year old songs?
Speaker 2: I mean it's I don't know, well, part.
Speaker 3: Of it's that the songs hold up pretty well and it's a jam. Part of it's just there's an attraction to being part of that that draws young people. The whole i'm a hippie thing is hot amongst your your twenty somethings, at least in some quarters.
Speaker 2: Oregon for instance, right, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: The people sitting next to me were from Oregon and they were going to all three shows. Everybody around me was going to all three shows. I was the only one that was just going to the one show. And it was a mom and dad roughly my age, with their high school kids. They brought all their kids, and their kids knew all the words every song.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's unlike anything I've ever been around. I've been to.
Speaker 4: I got plenty of acts that I like that do that on a smaller scale, like there's several hundred people that are that into it, but not hundreds of thousands for six decades.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, I don't And then I wonder how.
Speaker 4: Much of it was it like grew on itself, like you know, becomes a thing, and a thing is that it's nothing draws a cround like a crowd, that whole.
Speaker 2: Thing, right, Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's it's such an attractive like vibe, an attractive corner of human kind that people who weren't there at the beginning, or if you know, they didn't grow up with the songs or whatever. Just the idea that that many people could get together and have their energy be so positive and a lack of conflict and a lack of people being a holes like people tend to be, and listening to the music and dancing and stuff. It's just it's an attractive proposition and you know why, you know why, it's it's on a scale that nobody else has ever matched.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's hard, it's magic, it's culture, it's a vibe.
Speaker 4: I thought, at some point, surely we're going to sit down during one of these slow songs, aren't we. I mean, it's a Friday night, We've all worked all week long, we're all a little tired on a lot of you are way older than I am. Surely Nope, nobody was sitting down at any point, even for a moment.
Speaker 3: Well, I am a fan, I am not a dead head. I have some good friends who are here. Is my horrifying Well, I'm sorry, it's my impressive, but horrifying, grateful, dead claim to fame. I was at Jerry Garcia's last show before he died in Chicago. Did you play a role? Or many years ago? And I fell sound asleep halfway through it? Fell asleep because I may have been over served. Fell It was well, yeah, okay, you call it what you want. It was a very hot summer day in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if.
Speaker 3: Drinking beer and all getting rid of it and then sitting there baking in the sun and Soldier Field just baking, I'm surprised that I has this all been Maybe I'm dead, Maybe I died that day and this has all been a prolonged illucination.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 4: Fifty five degrees in the middle of the concert for this one, So yeah, I didn't have that problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were better off, trust me. I don't know.
Speaker 4: John Mayer plays guitar with a giant winter coat on zipped up around his ears. The way he's flip flipping phenomenal. By the way, John Mayer is just freaking unreal. Yeah he's a monster, but he's not happy to have it come to an end.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's not much said about why they decided to wrap it up. New York Times went deep on that over the weekend. But I didn't notice that Bob Weir, he would play for a while and then he would take his hand off and shake his hand a lot. And I hadn't seen that in videos before, because I've watched a lot of Dead and Company videos over the last several years. Because I just like got into it when John Mayer joined, which I know makes me something something uncool among.
Speaker 2: Real Dead advances. But Jerry come lately.
Speaker 4: Yeah something. But anyway, he wasn't doing that before. I wonder if he doesn't have something that physical it's happening and he just can't play every night like that.
Speaker 3: Handful of my favorite musicians I've had to give it up because arthritis.
Speaker 2: About how are.
Speaker 4: You standing up there for three and a half hours and paying attention to what you're doing. I'm dying out here standing for three and a half I don't know. Maybe they think about how much money they're making.
Speaker 3: Maybe they enjoy playing music. Listen to you, y sink, you couldn't be a deadhead. I'm surprised you weren't drummed out of the stadium. I'm getting bad vibes from the bald man over here.
Speaker 2: Man, get out.
Speaker 4: It was definitely the single best vibe at that scale that I've ever been around in my life. And man, that's a heck of a thing to pull off. I doubt it'll ever be recreated, certainly, not for that length. Not possible, Not in the modern world.
Speaker 1: No, the Armstrong and Getdy Show, Yeah or Jack or Joe podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 3: It's the Armstrong E Giddy Show featuring our podcast One more Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 4: The New York Times with a hilarious long article about pants and how wide pants are in now and skinny pants are out, which it was.
Speaker 2: It was hilarious.
Speaker 4: I read quite a bit of it just because I found it hilarious how seriously they took this topic and how in depth they went in The New York Times about it. But anyway, that we then played a little clip of Lyndon Baines Johnson, president of the United States from sixty three to sixty eight, talking to his tailor on the phone about his pants. And Katie had never heard it before because Katie's new to the show. Roughly, how long you've been here a year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Time flies spikes.
Speaker 4: So this is Lyndon made Johnson who had his pants special made by a Taylor back in Texas.
Speaker 2: And LBJ was a corn Pone.
Speaker 4: That's actually what the Kennedy people called him, Colonel corn Pone.
Speaker 2: To his face. That nice relationship.
Speaker 4: Anyway, from small town Texas, and he's talking to his tailor about getting a new pair of pants ordered, and it sounded something like.
Speaker 5: This, Miss Tager, Joe Hagger, Joe is your father, the one that makes clothes. Get there we're all together. Uh, you all made me some real light weight slacks. Uh. He just made up on his own sentimental four months ago. It's a kind of a light brown and a light green, rather soft green and soft brown, and the real light weight. I need about six pairs were around in the evening when I come in from work and I need about a half inch too tight in the waist.
Speaker 2: He would call it back there.
Speaker 6: That didn't wanted to want me.
Speaker 5: To get it right. Fault. You know, I don't know. You all just guessed out of my things sounded. But once you have the measurements there for you, I can send you a pair. I want him a half inch larger in the waist than they were before, except I want two or three inches of stuff left back in there so I can take them up. I ury ten or fifteen pounds a month. So leave me at least two and a half thirt inches in the back where I can let them out or take them up and make these a half inch better in the waist, Make the pockets at least an inch longer. Money, my money, and my knife, everything fall out now, the pockets when you sit down in the chair, the knife and your money comes out, so I need at least another inch in the pockets. Yeah. Now another thing with crouch down where you hang is always a little too tight. So when you make them up, give me an inch that I can let out there, because they cut me. It's just like riding a wire fence. These are almost the best that I've had anywhere in the United States. But when I gained a little weight, they cut me under there. So leave me. You never do have much margin that which see if you can't leave me about it an age from the word of zippering and round under my back of up hole so I can write it out there if I need to. Now, be sure he got the best zippers in them. These are good that I have. And if you get those coming, I was sure be grateful.
Speaker 4: There you go, at a historical moment, actual phone call with president of the United States, and cut me like.
Speaker 2: I'm shitting on a wire fencer. Oh. The fact don't leave me my margin. You gotta have margin.
Speaker 4: The fact that he burps right before he uses the word is my favorite part.
Speaker 6: That is what that's one of my favorite pieces of amazing.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Oh it shows you who he was. He was from poor Texas hill country to his bones.
Speaker 2: That's what he was uh huh right, And.
Speaker 3: It's probably worth the tip of the cap that he was calling the Hagar family who became, you know, one of the great clothiers of that time of history.
Speaker 4: About five inches right back to my.
Speaker 3: That's the best part of not crotch, you know where money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know what a crotch is.
Speaker 3: The reason people use the word crotch is so they don't have to say where you're may.
Speaker 2: Has some plain talk there can I tell you?
Speaker 4: And if you're actually into you know, history and this sort of stuff. The Carol book about the relationship between LBJ and the Kennedy family is amazing because he just heard who the guy was. That's way different than the Kennedy clan, the Kennedys of Harvard. Yeah, yeah, Highenness Port Kennedy's and their you know, golf clubs and tennis clubs and that sort of stuff. No wonder they didn't get along with when vice versa with LBJ.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, where their patrician accents and their crisp suits and the rest of it with practically no margin whether they're or banged at the time from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the same in the minimum. It's like riding a rail fence. I mean, it's just, oh my god, something my grandfather would say. Well, that's how I gained some weight back. And it cuts me, cuts me.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Show Fancy Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast One more Thing.
Speaker 2: We do a new one every day. Find it wherever you find your podcast is.
Speaker 3: Now, Katie, you don't know this, probably, but Jack and I have had a long running and bitter dispute. I really like appetizers if I'm out to eat or whatever He's got, like he's a member of ISIS. He's got this militant anti appetite.
Speaker 2: That's stupid. Just have the meal. Have the meal.
Speaker 3: You don't need to have appetizers. And anyway, I won't go any further because again we're not bad mouthing him, okay, and he is insane and unsupportable, some would say idiotic beliefs, but Jack is anti appetizer. I, on the other hand, love appetizers, and in fact, Judy and I went to a breast cancer fundraiser just last night and I bought at probably excessive cost.
Speaker 2: But It wasn't a purchase, it's a donation.
Speaker 3: I bought an appetizer of the month club membership in which some of the gifted chefs associated with this community slash.
Speaker 2: It was a golf club.
Speaker 3: They deliver to your home like a gourmet appetizer once a month.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I know.
Speaker 3: So like I'll say, yeah, can we do it this coming Friday, And they'll say absolutely, And they'll show up with like this brilliantly crafted stuffed mushrooms or something like that. It's a great excuse to have like friends over for a glass of wine and stuff and we get the credit.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so cool. No, I know it.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what kind of things do they offer? So stuff mushrooms obviously, are there other Yeah.
Speaker 3: I realized that this the very term has a negative connotation, but I don't know why they did, like a super delicious cheeseball, one of those big cheeseballs you dig in with the knife and put it on crackers.
Speaker 2: But it was like home crafted, Oh cheeseball. Those are good cheeseballs. Yeah, that sounds awesome to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And a friend, a friend of ours, actually bought this last year. And I can't remember what else. They're like a shrimp thing and various cannapis whatever that is, but just super yummy like gourmet appetizers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See this sounds like I'm so excited to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean particularly, I mean it was several hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Again, it's a donation out a purchase.
Speaker 3: But when you look at what you spend to, like go out for a nice dinner now, especially if you have a bottle of wine or something like that, oh lot of crap.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I'm happy to contribute.
Speaker 3: Judy actually she quilted a thing, a golf cart seat cover that fits like custom fits around the little what do you call it, the hip rest things to keep you from sliding off the end of it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so we made a nice donation too. It's a nice, nice fundraiser anyway.
Speaker 3: The game across this article playground bullies do prosper and go on to earn more in middle age. This is a five decade study that's thorough.
Speaker 2: It britz.
Speaker 3: Children who displayed aggressive behavior at school, such as bullying or temper outbursts, are likely to earn more money in middle age. According to a five decade study that upends the maxim that bullies do not prosper any reaction to that, Katie on the top of your head.
Speaker 2: I can kind.
Speaker 6: Of see where they're going with this, because the people that are more outspoken maybe going further in business rather than the meek that get picked on.
Speaker 2: I can see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is one of the reasons I'm so militant about in schools not making little boys act like little girls, nor should you make little girls act like little boys. Let them be themselves, but the idea that you're just sit still and be quiet and just like the girls are doing. Because as a youth coach, mostly in soccer, I coach baseball and softball a little bit too, but observing the difference between boys and girls, and then I coached gosh. I coached eight year old boys, ten year old boys, twelve year old boys, that sort of range, and then fourteen year old girls was the oldest I ever coached. But I would watch ten year old boys and there are like fifteen guys on the team, right, So it's a nice like selection of different sorts of human beings, and you could see, Okay, that kid is going to be a dynamic leader, but at age ten, he's obnoxious because he has the tool, but he doesn't know how to wield it properly.
Speaker 2: That's a great point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just and I wish I'd thought about this more, but I could give you more examples of just they're all diamonds in the rough. I mean, some of them are probably going to end up in jail or beating their spouse or something like that. I mean, not everybody's a diamond, but they're they're too much of everything. But that's how you end up, I think with a good man. It's very rare that a meek Well, no, I don't want to I don't want to overstate this because some people are just introverts. But we need to get back to boys will be boys, and that that saying has been perverted to mean allegedly so they can do anything they want. But no, that's not what that saying means at all. It means you have to put up with the excesses of boyhood to end up with good men.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a poor bullying but go ahead.
Speaker 6: No, I like what you said too about they have the tool, they just don't know how to use it yet. Because you do, you might see a leader in this ten year old. But that not yet because right now they don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they're loud and obnoxious, yeah, or they bully for instance. Now, some bullies remain bullies in their a holes, and I hate them and I hope they go to prison. But some people, you know, this is if I have told this story in ages. I remember the first time I told this story. Now, gladys, do you play the harp when I'm thinking about I'm looking back at telling a story about looking back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's there for Do you play the harp twice? Or how does that work? Doesn't just go ahead and start talking. So I was, uh, I was having this argument with a frenemy.
Speaker 3: Okay, he I was like the pitcher on the baseball team, the high school baseball team, and he was the catcher, and he was a really good catcher, really good ballplayer. But he and I had this like two alpha dogs thing going on, and so there was respect and all, but we clashed. We clashed a fair amount and we got We got into it one time verbally and he said to me, and I wish I had I wish I had written the quote down.
Speaker 2: He said something like I'm not even going to get into it with you because you'll cut me to bits.
Speaker 3: And I thought, he sees my verbal ability as a tool of meanness and cruelty. And I thought, I don't want to be that guy ever again. I don't want to. I mean, unless somebody's got a coming. I decided, Okay, I have the ability to hurt people with words. I am never going to do that to an innocent victim. And maybe I've lapsed at times of loss of temper or what have you in the intervening years, but I've never thought of myself.
Speaker 2: Part of it is I never thought of.
Speaker 3: Myself as a bully, because I would never hurt anybody physically.
Speaker 2: But I realized at that moment he used.
Speaker 3: Me as some sort of verbal bully, and I thought, I'm not going to be that and so and I hate that. This is painful for me to admit that I might have kind of been that quote unquote bully who then grew up to not be a bully as an adult.
Speaker 6: That's interesting because when you said what when you quoted what he said, I heard it as like you were you have more of a verbal ability than him, not that you're cruel with your words, but that you you could verbally take him if you guys were to get into an argument.
Speaker 3: Right, right, I guess the subtlety of it is I always saw it as like winning an argument as opposed to leaving a victim. Okay, well, it's you know, like the typical adolescent. It was self centered. I looked at it from my point of view. I win and I spanked him and sent him running. Yeah, but I hadn't developed the compassion to really see it from the other person's perspective. And like I say, if it's somebody trying to, for instance, you know, like push experimental sex change procedures on children, I'll rip them apart. If I can, I will turn every skill. I have full blast for the kid's sake. But like I said, no, no, nobody who doesn't have it coming, I just won't do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And recognizing that about yourself too is a big thing, because I have a very similar I like to call it a sharp tongue.
Speaker 2: Especially at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have that one bit.
Speaker 6: But that's something that I've been working on my whole life, is realizing Yo, Okay, cool it because I know that once it takes off bad news bears.
Speaker 3: Right, right, you don't punch everybody who deserves it. Yeah, and you don't, you know, strip them naked with your verbiage if they don't deserve it either, even though you can.
Speaker 2: And when they do, though, oh is it fun?
Speaker 3: So now the temper outburst thing is interesting. They found an increase in teachers observations of conduct problems such as temper outbursts or bullying or teasing other children, was associated with an increase in earnings of nearly four percent of any given rise in conduct problems for boys or girls. That compares to a six percent rise for higher cognition skills, and so as a measure of who's going to do well at least financially an old boy, now that I think it, that's an interesting way to measure this anyway, But being like hot tempered is almost as good an indicator of being successful in life as being smart.
Speaker 6: Yeah, based off how they put it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, wow, it's forty percent of six Well, I guess you could say fifty percent more likely, but you see my point. Further analysis showed that by age sixteen, those with conduct problems were more sociable as teenagers and were more likely.
Speaker 2: To smoke and be arrested at some point in their lives. Oh there's that. Wow, So is it just being more dynamic in general? I do not know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They point out many people, many successful people, have had various problems in school, like Winston Churchill. Various folks expelled, suspended, who ended up being famous or successful or what have you.
Speaker 6: Well like in today's news. I mean, look at Trump, he's considered a bully.
Speaker 3: He's probably Yeah, I think he's still a bully. It's one of the things I don't particularly like about him. But I was thinking about Steve Jobs, genius, but I've heard he was a complete bully. Oh yeah, that's right at when. Yeah, I was picturing his youth. But yeah, running Apple, he was absolutely was. Yeah. You know, maybe this boils down to and this is an old, old message. Don't make kids sit still and be quiet and all act the same, because they're not the same. There's a cynical view of education that modern education exists purely to turn people.
Speaker 2: Into rule following drones.
Speaker 3: And you know, I certainly hope that's I know a lot of gifted teachers and that's not what they're trying to do. But just to what, to whatever extent, that's what's happening, resist that a big yeah, we need more kids who end up smoking getting arrested because the other ones will be Winston Churchill.
Speaker 2: I think that's our takeaway here. What something like that? Nailed that?
Speaker 3: The Armstrong and Getdy Show featuring our podcast One more Thing, Download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Your sweatshirt either says I p A or E p A.
Speaker 4: I assume it says I p A like the beer, and not E p A like the You're not wearing a sweatshirt that you wouldn't catch me dead in an EPA swatcher Environmental Protection Agency swag.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say how many how many agency government agencies have swag?
Speaker 2: I know the CIA and FBI. Do do they like for public purchase?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely cool. I might have to get some of that. I wear my FBI swag all the time and arrest people. Oh, I'm gonna get the CIA stuff. I need you to open your trunk. I bring them to justice. Open the trunk. Please make lights on your car too. Who are you? I'll ask the questions? Do you open the trunk?
Speaker 3: Can I see your badge, Can I see your hands behind your back?
Speaker 2: And then I tough them.
Speaker 4: Uh so this, I hope this. I hope this works what I'm about to do here. I came across this last night and I laughed out loud several times. So it's a guy with a kind of funny laugh and this is pretty long. He speaking a different language. I don't even know what language it is, but I don't speak it. But it was still funny and I could pick up on the universal cadence of telling a story. And then he starts laughing about the story and then filling in more details and continues to laugh, and the other guy's laughing, and it just and then like, you know, then you won't believe this, And then they I guess that's what he's saying.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't speak the language.
Speaker 4: But if this is funny to you the way it was to me, I think it says something about humor or, because I've often thought people that are really really funny, they.
Speaker 2: Don't they don't even need words.
Speaker 4: Their timing is so good that the joke doesn't even have to even have to be a joke. The timing is so perfect it's funny just with the timing. Yeah, I suppose anyway, we'll see if this is funny or not. You're not supposed to understand what this person is saying. He's telling a story, right, good loud michaels.
Speaker 7: Chank, no money, good say t me the interlope, the on the bottle?
Speaker 5: He won No.
Speaker 7: Intern goes know my yet? Yeah, I drop into my.
Speaker 5: I there you go. What I.
Speaker 7: I got that buck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said.
Speaker 4: Tell you by.
Speaker 2: Dude is amused.
Speaker 4: First of all, I would like to have somebody translate that story to me, because I just feel like at.
Speaker 2: Some point it was like and then no, you won't believe this. Then she walks in with a canary on her head. Done yet.
Speaker 3: Her husband turns around and he says, but then the dog comes into the room, and.
Speaker 7: Hold on, I'm not done.
Speaker 3: I just told the translation of that story, isn't They were complaining about how loud my party was, so I went to their home and murdered them all.
Speaker 4: Or it's incredibly Yeah, it's incredibly graphic sexually or something.
Speaker 2: I mean just like racist or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, here the record.
Speaker 4: We got no idea what bro was saying that maybe you should have run this by somebody who speaks whatever language that is before.
Speaker 2: Paynapping this out now. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Jesus could be the most racist, sexist, overtly horrifying joke you've ever heard in your life.
Speaker 7: And then the.
Speaker 2: Nazis, Oh, don't even say it. Boy. Dude's laugh was just insane. Wait, it's thought, that was it. No, that's not the end of it. Sounds like it must have about a heck of a joke.
Speaker 6: I think his laugh might have been what was making you laugh, because it just just his laugh itself was was funny?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I would clearly the infectious laugh had something to do with it.
Speaker 4: I would like to have the slightest idea what this story was about, because it's got many tags, and just when you.
Speaker 2: Think it's over, it's not.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, exactly yeah that her husband, Her husband says, no, seriously, this is what he said, right? Uh yeah, I wonder can we run that through Google trams figure out what sort of horror we've unleashed.
Speaker 2: The closet and his mom is standing there and she says, and just get going and going.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show. More Jack more Joe podcasts, and our hot links and our wrong