Speaker 1: You just want to a new car. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and.
Speaker 3: Getty, one more thing before we get to that. And oddly enough, as we record this in the studio, I'm looking up the TV and the price is right, Price is right with Drew Carrey has just begun. That's what we're about to talk about. You want a new car. What's what's it like when you win a new car and the price is right? Get to that in just a second. First, this though, This is that a Starbucks some dude gets into an argument with the employees or something over that new very popular Starbucks bear cup.
Speaker 1: Let's bear resta? Is that what it's called?
Speaker 2: The bear?
Speaker 3: That's kind of a play on words. So it looks like the bear from the when you used to get honey in a little bear and you squeeze it out of his head. But it's some sort of Starbucks cup or mug or what comes in it?
Speaker 1: Coffee? The cup?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would think like an iced coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't drink hot coffee. Burn your hands on that anyway. So somebody cut in line, and then here's how it went. But what I'm saying is that you were not in line. With the rest of the guys.
Speaker 4: It's not I was in I was in line from five thirty.
Speaker 3: Show me the cameras.
Speaker 1: Please can't show you the camera, but you can.
Speaker 4: You're claiming something I can't show you the You can though I can't.
Speaker 1: Why not I cannot show you that? So go look at the cameras. Tell me if I was in line or not.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask you to leave anymore for you. There.
Speaker 1: She took it to the back.
Speaker 3: They refusing to give me the there you want to wait even so, you're not gonna You're not going to serve me.
Speaker 1: You're not going to sell there.
Speaker 2: So he cut in front of everybody to get this stupid bear cup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I will say that clip was about six minutes long. He just went back in force.
Speaker 1: With this woman.
Speaker 3: What do he look like? How old was he?
Speaker 4: It was he's the one shooting the video and he posted it, which tells you even.
Speaker 1: More about this person.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I didn't see what he looked like, but I mean, he was just it was all this. He was repeating himself.
Speaker 1: Show me the camera. Oh, you're not going to sell the bear.
Speaker 3: And it's no country for old men because I've reached a point in my life where I just can't deal with humanity anymore.
Speaker 2: Somebody needs to kin bone him, docs him, figure out who he is, and then for a period of one week, everyone in America who passes him should throw coffee in his face.
Speaker 3: Exactly, let's figure out who this guy is, what kind of weird PORNI likes, and mock him going forward and.
Speaker 2: Again her al hot beverages upon him. That is him or that's parody. I do not suggest that in any circumstance. Oh my god, humanity is hard to take some time. Yeah, you know, it's funny. I was thinking about No Country for Old Men as I was getting ready to come back to work and get it on. Just some of the you know, some of the aspects of what we talk about are just so annoying, Like you know, the Internet, he stuff like that, and just somebody posts something, somebody claps back, some non journalist creates some idiot story out of it that nobody should read, and.
Speaker 5: It's like, eh, tell you what, I am enjoyed the hell out of living what we both have suggested over and over again, make your life about the actual human beings you contact to whatever extent possible.
Speaker 2: You know that sort of thrice removed. You saw something posted online, or you're reading an internet argument or something like that. Ugh, no, No, wander down the street, say hey to your neighbor, even a person at the store who you interact with when you're trying to cut in line and grab a stupid bear cup.
Speaker 1: At least that's the real world. But then he goes and posts it online. I'm back to throwing coffee in his face.
Speaker 3: Are we or are we not moving toward more people who are alone in an apartment without friends or kids. Yeah, so the world interaction is this way, Yes, Michael, i'd disagree with you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, they will be miserable and unhappy and all.
Speaker 3: Right, but it's going to lead to more people paying attention to more of this sort of crap just so they have something to talk about because they don't have anything going on in their real lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, uh, a semi related topic.
Speaker 2: While a planet of the apes would be infinitely entertaining according to the movies I've seen, and I like the idea of a planet of the beavers, I think honestly, I was taking a walk with the dog. It's going to be a planet of the ants. They're everywhere, there are zillions of them. You can't kill them. What's what's what do they say about the honey badger? Honey badger, don't give a f or whatever it is? Well, you want to talk about something that doesn't give an f Ants ants are fine. They just do their job. The ants don't get pissed off at social media.
Speaker 1: They just build their little hills. Planet of the ants.
Speaker 3: We should start saying, fine, let the AI take over, because that's that's what's gonna take over. And maybe mankind had their run and we didn't do a good job and we should be taken over. Maybe yeah, well it lasted okay. And then finally this before we get out of here. We've talked about this before this interviews some people who actually have dealt with it. When you win a prize on a game show, you immediately get hit with a bill because most game almost all game shows are recorded in California, so you got to deal with California taxes. It's a brand new car on the prices right, which is on television right in front of me. According to past participants, when you win the car, immediately they give you a form to sign and you have to cut a check for the taxes on the car before you can get the car. Wow, And it could be a good chunk of money. And a lot of people that are participants on those shows. Because you're this sort of person that can stand in line for hours to try to get on a stupid game show.
Speaker 1: You might not be the most well to do person to start with. You don't have.
Speaker 3: Two to twenty thousand dollars to cut as a check to pick up your new r V, and so you just can't and riot a lot of people. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the majority. Just work out some sort of deal. The overall package is this, you give me this much and you get to keep.
Speaker 1: The rest and then they leave.
Speaker 6: That's what my friend.
Speaker 3: Did You have a friend who did that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they won.
Speaker 6: A contest in one of my three or four items and they ended up keeping like two and then selling the rest or Yeah, because they couldn't afford the taxes on them.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think it is your top two percent of taxpayers that's on the price, is right. I mean, I'm picturing you know, Jim Jones, come on down, He's jumping up and down.
Speaker 1: Doing the cheerleader thing.
Speaker 2: Tell us about yourself, Jim, Well, I'm the CEO of America Care Hospitals. We've got seventy five facilities in four different states.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems unlikely.
Speaker 3: But even if you're even if I could afford it, I'm on. The price is right, and they announced you just want a new RV. Now you need to cut us a check for twenty thousand dollars. I think, well, I wasn't planning on buying an RV. I really want an RV. I gotta cut your check for twenty thousand dollars. Then I've got an RV and I've got to try to sell it. I guess and come out ahead. But doesn't seem like a prize.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, right, I was thinking of a car, and theoretically, you know, if you didn't have the cash on hand, you might be able to borrow the money to pay the taxes, then sell your car and pay.
Speaker 1: The people back. But that's a pain.
Speaker 3: In the ass.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Mention, your insurance costs are probably going to be two and a half times what they were on your old crab heap got.
Speaker 3: The more I think about it, the more pain in the asster is involved. So I went a car. I got to cut you a check for the car, and then it says here you pick it up at the local dealer.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So now I'm in California on vacation, went to the price is right. I got to get back to Ohio. I got this car here? Am I gonna have it transported? Am I gonna drive it? I had a flight ray.
Speaker 1: Just what the hell?
Speaker 3: It's all a pain in the ass, every bit of it. It'd be hard to come out ahead. I can see how you would end up in a situation where you're sitting there with your and your wife thinking, let them cut us a check for eight thousand dollars and we'll go home.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: I wonder if those shows like bank on that. I'm sure they aren't going to pay for this.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they do.
Speaker 1: What a lot of the stuff. And you just got a pair of jet skis? You think I don't jet ski?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Am I gonna cut you a check for three thousand dollars for a couple of jet skis that I gotta somehow get from Beverly Hills to Burbank to Ohio.
Speaker 1: What the hell a new living room set?
Speaker 3: Wow? Cool?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 3: Um?
Speaker 1: All right, like, get it in my house?
Speaker 3: How do I get the couch from Burbank to Ohio?
Speaker 2: Right, it's a twenty four hundred dollars set. The shipping will be fifteen thousand dollars. Or we can pay you five hundred bucks to get the hell out of here and shut up, Drew, carry your smile, hides your lies.
Speaker 3: It's funny that those shows have lasted all these years with that reality where everybody gets all said, Oh, wouldn't that be amazing? A washer dryer set? A washer dryer two two and ten miles from where I live? What am I gonna do with that?
Speaker 6: We need the contestants to speak live on the air and say, look, I can't use this.
Speaker 1: You know exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody should say more often, so what are the taxes going to be on that? That's why one of the reasons mister Beast got so popular. Whenever he gives you a prize, he pays the taxes, and and or if it's a physical item, he gets it to your home. You win a car, he pays the taxes. And he makes sure it shows up in your driveway. It's not the scam that Drew Carrey, who's clearly on ozembic does ACD.
Speaker 2: By name, but gentleman by nature, mister beast, yes, kiddy.
Speaker 4: According to the Internet, they have an NDA for the price is right, so they can't talk about it. Because I was just thinking, why don't we hear more about that?
Speaker 1: Like, you screw this.
Speaker 3: You're right, that's what it is. So they make you sign an NDA to play it all, and you think, what do I care? I don't care. I'm not going to disclose anything. I get to run up there and jump up and down because I just want a new high tub that I'm gonna ship to my home. Yeah, otherwise you'd hear all the time. Nobody, by the way, nobody gets these prizes. Nobody's claimed a prize the last fifteen years.
Speaker 2: We just catch it kind of a check that wouldn't impress everybody.
Speaker 1: And you leave, all right.
Speaker 2: So here's a really controversial question about the game shows. So I was thinking, I don't know why, but my mind went to the hotties that you know, show you the prize package and smile and wear the little costumes down again, and there have been a couple of harassment scandals through the years that the host, the big powerful host, the face of the program, has got a little forward with the girls, if you I mean, because they have no skills other than being physically attractive and hot girls are a diamond dozen if you were to advertise, must be willing to put up with sexual harassment, not assault, certainly, sure or anything like that. But the host will regularly ask you if you'd like to go.
Speaker 1: Out sometime.
Speaker 2: In a libertarian from a libertarian point of view, shouldn't that be?
Speaker 1: Okay? Absolutely, made expressly clear to them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it was more or less expressly clear up until twenty years ago. Probably this is what you're gonna have to put up with, and you'd get more people signing up for that than you could take.
Speaker 2: By the way, the host is a generous man. He absolutely, he's a nice enough fella. He's just a horn dog. And you know, if you do get together with him, he'll probably lavish expensive gifts on you and you can say no, but if he gets tired of it, it's probably gonna be over just you know, going in.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm looking up this girl's jumping up and down. She just won like a dune buggy and some ATV sort of thing. So like, Okay, I live in suburban Cincinnati. What am I going to do with this ATV and a dune buggy? And I got to transport it back after I cut you a check for several thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Surely they connect you with a local dealer, a local doune buggy dealer. Oh cool, a dune buggy. Just what I needed, hey for when I'm on the dunes.
Speaker 3: But only after i'd write you a check for three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you're not jumping up and down like you were before. What's the problem.
Speaker 6: All these years we thought the price is right, the price is wrong.
Speaker 1: It's exactly right.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess that's it.