Speaker 1: They gets called me broadcast live from Atlanta, Georgia. Welcome to the ball and Show. I go by to the Ferrari, I go to there, you know bat Pretty Vida the Bear. There. Hey, and we have a new book. Yes, yes, yes, wow, this is high quality.
Speaker 2: But that's that thick book.
Speaker 3: Thick.
Speaker 1: It's called The Pretty The Pretty Victory one hundred day guy to recent to yourself and find your purpose. I like that. Yes, that sounds spiritual period.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. It's my daily devotional.
Speaker 3: I think anybody who knows me and for you can test to Oh, we're gonna send it.
Speaker 1: You got time to write it out. I like that.
Speaker 3: Like you got word puzzles in there, like what are you feeling today? You could you know, find that feeling and then.
Speaker 1: So you can have a little journal.
Speaker 3: This is fine if you keep looking through that book. It has so many other great people in my book. You got Shaquill on it, you got Boozy, you got dead I see, you got d Wade, just all great people who I call my victorious friends. One hundred days, one hundred days, one hundred days. So I'm just not coming with my own words. I'm coming with the other great great victorious people. That's a part of my life, my mentors and people that inspire me throughout, you know, my journey, and I just wanted to change and help the people. You know, that's my biggest thing. So someone asks me, like, you know, we love the silly VV but then you give us a book and then it's a devotional and has that work, And I'm just like, well, that's a part of my life and brand. I'm gonna always put God first and all things like, that's why I'm here. So I wanted this to, you know, talk about my life in this one book, but do it where people could understand and be relatable. It's not John thirteen thirty five and Psalms twenty ninety eight.
Speaker 2: But you would know that, oh, this girl is faith based. You know, I'm a PK. So evidently we're gonna throw him in there.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, it's it's more of like someone who don't know or just don't have the clue, or it's just trying to find their way spiritually. It's like, oh, I get it, you know, and saying it this way, and then that's when it steps to trying to grow with God.
Speaker 1: I like this. I like this. I like the vibe. First of all, that's just how that's how I know you personally. I think a lot of people see you on the social sphere and be like, oh, you know, she turned up your personality. I believe leaks through your uh social media. But this is really dope. Now. Where who is pretty V? Where's pretty V? Funt from?
Speaker 2: Where's pretty from?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm like forever, you know.
Speaker 1: I know, but for the people, for the people who may be just saying I wanted to get to know her.
Speaker 2: A little bit more, you know, Miami, Miami, Florida.
Speaker 3: You know, I was stretched between South Carolina and Miami.
Speaker 2: That's how I.
Speaker 1: Make them have a conversation after this.
Speaker 3: That's how I met him, But definitely South Carolina. Then I went to North Carolina for school for my HBCU sing Agustin University.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are in. What's it is? Yea, We're gonna get right.
Speaker 3: And then and then and then you know, I went to came to Atlanta, you know, and I went to Charlotte first. Then I went to Atlanta and I fought myself in the street. You know, got viral in twenty seventeen, sixteen and then went on willing on in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: So did you ever do sports or anything like that? No?
Speaker 2: Ballet, ballet, ballet and dance.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you are knew that had that Vito Caribbean, that little veto Sharon bud Yallo you know so.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Now are you of Caribbean descent?
Speaker 2: My both of my parents are Jamaican one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Jamaican accent is strong.
Speaker 2: And I didn't blood.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now there's pretty v know how to cook for robber?
Speaker 2: See, I'm singing, Can we do brown chicken?
Speaker 1: Can we get out curry chicken? Can we get ox tails? Or what we.
Speaker 3: Could do a little bit of salmon, little jerk salmon, a little rice on, a little rice fryer, a little plant tins.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna get you all the ox tails, but I get you son.
Speaker 1: So you said you don't know how to cook, I.
Speaker 3: Don't gonna It's like, you know, you know, we've been we we.
Speaker 2: Like I told my friend, this is my January first. Today is my January first.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel victorious, I feel blessed, I feel black, I feel hoighly favored. So I'm really like transitioning. I love comedy. I love all that I'm doing, and that's that that's that's that's what that's what I'm going to be doing. That's the ministry that's healing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Comedy is just the laughter for the soul, you know, heals from depression and all that girls stuff.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: But now I'm over, like, let me get this book going. But also I'm like, let me get you know, bossed up right quick, you know, let me get right you know, let me you know right, let me make your position myself for that, for that king that's on this way, that husband and kids, you know, you know those movie deals, those those acting moments.
Speaker 1: You're claiming all these things. So you want a husband and kids one day, you want to be your mom, want to be so you checking you checking DMS.
Speaker 2: I'm checking DMS. Now we're checking DMS.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, do you talk about these in the Pretty Big God?
Speaker 3: I talk about all that like I talk about when I was in my five year relationship, manipulated, connived, lied to, you know, then I found somebody else that I thought was my piece, and you know we're no longer here. But at the end of the day, that's in the book as well, no name. But at the end of the day, we round, you know, and God is good. And I talked about me being depressed when I came out of you know, college and high school. You know, even in high school, you know, not knowing where my mind was going. You know, talked about you know, Hollywood. You know that don't change you for Hollywood. I talk about you walking your pain alone. You know you can't do that. It's a lot of great I mean, let's talk about it. There's a lot of great moments in this book. And I flipped through it. There's a power in positivity, you know, I study that. I didn't know what positivity was. I just thought my mind was just like Okay, one day I'm good and next minute I'm back to negative.
Speaker 2: But if there's a power.
Speaker 3: In good thoughts, and that's what I'm writing in here. You know, God was in help.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's day sixty five. So it's just a lot of great and relatable topics that I have in my book.
Speaker 1: Just boom and went straight through it, you know, and.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a lot of great things in here.
Speaker 3: It's it's just my short story and just my devotional form for sure. Yeah, Now how has it been like just maneuvering through the industry, Because I know you just said, you know, don't change for Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't, don't, don't, don't don't.
Speaker 3: I mean I watch people, you know, get to a certain space and then you don't hear from them. The more you know, they don't do the skits, they don't you know, pop out, they don't host, and they have the potential to do these things. But when Hollywood says yes, yes, yes, yes to you, and then now you got a space where you got all these accolades and doing these things, and then next minute they don't know you. You know, they use you where they have and then next minute you spit out and that's that. You know, they use you for what it was. But if you keep God first in the midst of everything, Hollywood always gonna call you, make you Hollywood You're the calling. You're just going there to grab a seat where they at, you know, but your seat is already planted. All you got to do is posture your heart to know that when you get in there, don't change because nose come, delays come, but you're never denied. And I talk about that too. It delayers, never denial. So I've been maneuvered through this industry. And I'm such a lay person that I'm always working, you know, God has it hands on me since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, always working there.
Speaker 3: So twenty fifteen and then having a book out that's gonna be in stores and Target and Barnes and Noble, that's just victory to me, you know.
Speaker 2: And I run my business a certain way like I don't.
Speaker 3: My business is not out of course what people see on social media or whatever that but they have no clue. Right and that second book is coming you know who is pretty v you know. But right now I'm gonna give you this guide to resent to yourself and to find your purpose because I've been there suicide thoughts, depression, this or this, not gonna commit but just a thought, you know, those moments like but I have to keep going because my mom told me when I was in middle school, like God said, you gonna be in arts. I didn't know what she meant. And then now I see what she meant. I see what the propheticness that was in her. So yeah, so it's the book is so great.
Speaker 1: For sure, you're so dope at a multiple amount of things. I've seen you be naturally funny. I've seen you host, I've seen you on your social media pages where I feel like, I don't know if that's your most comfortable spot, but I like pretty V the host when you're hosting award shows on that carpet. Do you like doing that?
Speaker 2: I love doing that?
Speaker 1: Okay, I want more of that.
Speaker 2: Like shout out to BT for allowing me to host three times in a row with Terrence Jake.
Speaker 1: We did a really good job. I'm just looking at I was like, wow, well you know, I was like wow. I actually didn't even say nothing to you.
Speaker 3: I was like, every time you hit me, it's like, yes, I'm doing something because.
Speaker 1: I literally watched it. It was just that it was naturally good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Souse.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes I don't like when people get hired based off of their popularity. I like when people get hired based off their talent. You know what I'm saying, Because I feel I'm a journalist for real by heart, I do this for real. So yeah, I do judge. Yeah, in that specific I was judging you, and you delivered. I was like, great job. I do like pretty V the host.
Speaker 2: I like her too.
Speaker 1: I think I think you definitely have a long standing career that should you choose to do that. Would you say, what's what's your most favorite thing to do? Is it acting? Is it doing skits? Is it being an author? Is it? What is it?
Speaker 3: I love see I call myself all purpose entertainer and shout char I see this, Yeah, shout out to Charlamagne, for give me that name. He's like, v I don't even think that you're in that bracket, like you're just an all purpose entertainer, like sitting at I love doing everything for like I love it. I love to any way I could touch to people. I'm I'm gonna do it, you know it through skits on the table, through showing up at the word shows, hosting, through my acting, and through my book and just through merching and just seeing you guys like just like come on through cys, like talk about your book.
Speaker 2: Like to me, I just love doing everything.
Speaker 3: But what I do, what what what keeps me going is literally like hosting in comedy.
Speaker 2: I love that hosting.
Speaker 3: In comedy, like I want I want people to laugh and then I want my voice to be heard and I want it to be in a way of like inviting people in my space because people think I'm just so pretty, I don't do nothing. They're like, oh, yeah, she's pretty, but like what can she do, you know, until you give me that mic And it's like, I'm gonna give you personality, I'm gonna give you the physical, comedy, i'm gonna give you professional, I'm gonna give you hood, and then we're gonna draw it on back because you just don't know who's watching. So I appreciate that because I did hear it from. I went to another radio station and it was like, bro, I just want to tell you that I watched the pre show because of you, you know, and I was just like, I was like, I'm happy, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and Chef's kids to that you delivered.
Speaker 2: And Terrence Jay's always like and he would have told you to Terrence.
Speaker 3: So you know, the first year was a little thing, but I got into the groove of what we you know, what I was called to do.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm excited. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now a question, do you think there is a such thing as going too far with comedy? Damn? Good question, because comedy now it's fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I think let's talk about it, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Think people understand when I was doing when I'm doing my skits, well, when I was doing the skits with me and Dessy on the street, like put them like don't touch me, like you try daddy, Like, I'm like, we are really portraying like them couples that's in the hood every day, like every day, every day thing. So now when i look back at certain things that I've done, I'm like that nigga really drew was dragging my head like we was really fighting in the street, like because that's what it is what I do it now for sure with Dessie, like I would definitely pop in with this and do some crazy stuff because that's what we do. But the thing about it is people take so much things and run with it and be so sensitive. Comedy has become something that you can't say nothing like we really just having a good time. I can't talk about your teeth. I can't talk about that you got one eye. I can't talk about it that you got one leg, Like, let me talk about it, you know, let me figure it out, let me let me get like, don't stop the gift, don't stop what I'm what I'm called to do because back then Bernie maxining what you gotta say, and I get it.
Speaker 2: Times are very sensitive, is different, like you gotta wait that like too soon? V I get it.
Speaker 3: You know when I did the thing with making Stallion, I was on the table and I was dancing. I didn't know that my my Chinese thing or Asian thing was off brand because her song was I don't know if it was Asia or Asian or Vietnamese.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: So I literally I didn't know what why got called twenty thousand it was twenty thousand comments, and then the whole world was like, cancel her. She's doing this and she doesn't know the culture. And I talked to Kat Williams, and Kat Williams said, you knew what you were doing. Again, if somebody wore a Jamaican dress and doing something else like you would be upset that ain't Jamaican like, and I was like, I didn't know what I had on, Like I didn't know what type of thing I had on, So I didn't know that. Don't fault me for the people didn't know. But he was like, look, sometimes you gotta understand, like this is whoever's sensitive behind it, something hurt them. So you just have to know, like if somebody had a Jamaican thing and I'm there on the table doing something else, then you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be like take that off, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So you just have to just know, like just keep it moving, you know, and just silent the noise. So I just think there's there's there's no limits to comedy if you just if you have it, you have it.
Speaker 2: If you just.
Speaker 3: Don't, you don't. If you want to talk about it, talk about it. You know, if you you want to be that dude to be in be controversial all the time in the media for you talking up and using your voice, why not do it like we are comedians, Like why should we hold our tongues because you guys feel as though like we can't be ourselves. Whatever comes to my spirit, I'm gonna say it, you know. So that's just not moving like I said.
Speaker 2: Said that he did. We're gonna I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Do all day every day. But at the end of the day, you know, it's a we. It's a whole new brand.
Speaker 2: So we ain't I ain't gonna nobody drag me now. But we're gonna We're gonna do that. We're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Look, well, we got a couple of segments on the show. The first segment is called do you Like Me? It's when you're looking at camera and you shot out your crush somebody you're crushing on. Do you have a celebrity crush? If you're singing, you don't have If you don't have a crush, you just speak in mind.
Speaker 2: So you yeah, we talked about you.
Speaker 1: You have a crush on somebody?
Speaker 3: Crush question?
Speaker 1: Listen, this is that time to talk to that special.
Speaker 2: Do you have a crush on somebody?
Speaker 1: Now? You said the d ms are open right now, the you can solicit a potential crush.
Speaker 2: The GM's open. I'm gonna be answer all my questions.
Speaker 3: Guys that I think that are very attractive, they're taking We keep them there where they at.
Speaker 2: Respectfully. I am that girl. I leave people along where they at.
Speaker 1: But they could be taking into the white opportunity to present itself.
Speaker 2: You know who I got a crush on?
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm telling you every I'm like you like they something going?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your list? Every woman has a list celebrity crush. She don't want to say it he in a relationship.
Speaker 2: He's married.
Speaker 3: Okay, so okay, Chesnut was one. Okay, I used to love more but shout out to beautiful wife. But yes, that was one of my questions.
Speaker 2: The best men when he walked in and he had a little chef jacket off.
Speaker 1: Not too much friends, so you know that you know the clips on clip?
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, have you ever met I have not Michauld be Jordan's it's handsome, you know.
Speaker 1: To me, I don't think he's in a relationship. He's definitely single.
Speaker 2: I never know.
Speaker 3: I don't have like a like, I don't like it's just every person that's around, it's just taking like it's like who do you crush all?
Speaker 2: When they're all gone, you know, when they're all in something.
Speaker 1: DM about to be super lit when they see the clip.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just a lot of great a lot of great handsome athletes are out there, you know, and businessman and entrepreneurs and you know, producers, and you are.
Speaker 1: Open to potentially dating or maybe seeing where having kids and stuff. You're looking for her book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta read. Definitely read the book.
Speaker 3: But I am definitely open to, uh, you know, to to dating to new things, to great things lasting, you know, God fearing man, the one that's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Sitch gears friend, it is now time for you got me fucked up? Jesus, it's a nown. What's something that gets on your damn nerves? We have to veto on the show. Davy though, Dobby though he hates people that face timing, don't face time something that gets on pretty V's nerves. What's something that just makes me pretty VI?
Speaker 2: If I ain't peak the first time, don't keep calling text me. That's one of my things. I hate that too, all that calling, like just if you didn't reach me the first time.
Speaker 3: And then my mom does that and she said, you don't know if that's my last breath, and then I could have phone her. She's like what she doing, It's like, there's nothing happening, Mom, just just just this.
Speaker 1: Now we know moms are very extra. Oh my god, moms don't care. I think that's like the only one you be like all right whatever, But anybody else they gotta.
Speaker 2: They just gotta just call, just like just all one time, call like you do, call.
Speaker 3: Twice and then it's just like and then I'm like you okay, and then like call it again. It's like it's something happening.
Speaker 2: What's wrong? So just the back to the back to back like calling.
Speaker 1: You hate that too, you call calling people back to back to back. Yeah, I just put my phone. Don't call a pretty voice note her.
Speaker 2: You know I'm good for that. I'm definitely gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Oh you one of those people that be sending it. Oh my god, I could. I could read it one time for the new the new Apple update, because you can read the voice note. I hate the voice note.
Speaker 2: You could shout out to that. That's a good I've seen it as the update.
Speaker 1: I don't want the voice not like though, I like, just call me, no text. If you're gonna send a voice.
Speaker 3: You want to talk, maybe you're not picking up your phone. So I have to send this so you can hear me. And if some dudes too. With a lot of girls, when you when you know you're talking to dude, I don't want to play voiceman around the people.
Speaker 2: So I like to do that because you're going you can read.
Speaker 1: It now, yeah, just you just tap it and says yeah, and.
Speaker 2: It sometimes it doesn't pick pop up for some reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well uh last segment, it's the mental health check, in which I felt like it's already kind of you already addressed it. But if Pretty V's having I know, money Long told us she doesn't have bad days, she has bad moments. So I don't know if you call it a bad day, a bad moment, or bad something. If something's if you're not having a good day or if you're having a moment, what do you do? What does Pretty V do?
Speaker 2: Pray?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And like I said, I just and not even a bad moment or shout out to money Long. Shoutouts exist, but I you know, I always say, just God trying to show me some God trying to get my attention on something, you know, And I need to reset, I need to center myself and I get into just prayer. I'm a relatable person. Like you got a whole devotional book out here, and you talking about who your crush is and you do that that they're gonna fight niggas in the street. This is what this is. No seriously, because you have to be the thing about this. You're gonna it's the secular space for me, and it's the worldly thing. It's the world secular space and it's it's the spiritual thing it comes in. You got to bring the people in, right, You got to be related. I've always been that person. I've always talked about God. But for me, it's just like you have to position yourself and you know, when God's trying to get your attention on something, it ain't a bad day for me. It's just like he's just trying to show me something. He's just really just trying to sit me down. I used to hate the word steal. That means I got to be steal and I can't move and I got to think, oh my god, my mind, you know, is a roller coaster of business things and jokes and this. I want to move Lord, but God will sit you down. So sometimes when you're in that bad day, it's not about a bad day. It's about God is trying to show you something and talk to you. So what I do is just pray.
Speaker 1: So the pretty victory out now, yes.
Speaker 2: Out now out now go get that congratulations.
Speaker 1: Thank you, This is really dope. I appreciate you pulling up on them.
Speaker 2: Don't like I have goodies?
Speaker 1: Oh please please, but like do we have?
Speaker 2: We cannot come to like Baller and not like.
Speaker 3: Give you guys Wes gifts and and all.
Speaker 2: Those good stuff. And I want you guys to know.
Speaker 3: I want you guys to be victorious with me, like read it, you know, read it, read it, read it, read it, read it.
Speaker 1: And I'm doing something. I'm doing this, please. I'm having these conversations with people I really care about and telling them and giving them flowers. Because I lost somebody pretty close to me, chubby Baby, and he was supposed to come on the show. I feel bad about it because I was like, damn, you know what I'm saying. I felt like I never really officially gave him as flowers. He introduced me to La read all these big people. So I want to let you know I'm proud of you. I love you. Keep up the great work. And you gotta sign this out. Trying to get to emotional night line and you got reading with Ry coming up, reading with Ris coming up, ten year anniversary, that'd be that'd be something, dope. I gotta see your March schedule, see if maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pick pick up one, two, three, and to be like I'll be coming to one even though it's really early. Yes, Well you know what for I got to give you your flowers right, and you always show up for me, You always show love you always, Like again, this is not a small enterity. This is a big giant thing that you work. You've been doing this for a long time and I appreciate you for always inviting me in your space and always giving me my flowers because you are a legend, you know out here, You're one of those ones top five. You feel me so at the end of the day, like, just continue to hear that soft whisper from God on what's next for you, because it's so much that you want to do and so much that God has caused you to do. Do not ignore that soft whisper because sometimes when it's time to pivot or it's time to you know, try stuff that's new or do things, God will show you. And I'm so proud of you and your family and so gorgeous. So just thank you the pretty victory you guys out now.
Speaker 1: Periods snaps we do snaps, my bad bad because there's.
Speaker 3: Something wrong in the in the in the buildings, like y'aret, I mean, we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, alert please