Speaker 1: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. You are tuned in to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first time tuning in and welcome Vitamin D. It's a pun of my name. My name is Dawn and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able to see better. So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest ass at get your vit D right with me.
Speaker 2: And get excited about your life.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you right now, my sister is feeling a bit emotional. I don't know if I'm PMS and or what. I started feeling emotional on my way into the studio, well actually before I got in the car to come to the studio, and I guess what was on my mind is like I know what I'm doing, but it's kind of like, well, God, what's going on now?
Speaker 3: If you were to ask me.
Speaker 1: Where was I how did I feel three hundred and sixty five days ago? And I'd tell you today I am one thousand percent better mentally, emotionally, well, I probably slacked not I probably I did slack on my working out, so physically not so much. But what I mean is is just the weight of caring, of not knowing what's going on, and not even sure that my feet are standing on the ground.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: And yet here I am in a whole other situation where I actually got in the car and drove up to the studio. Because if you've been listening to me, you'd probably catch me back on some episodes discussing how emotional I felt about the idea of having to take two and a half buses just to get to the studio, fighting and wondering if I could.
Speaker 3: Get back in here.
Speaker 1: And I am here, and I found myself earlier today emotional about it. I don't know what necessarily calling it. Maybe you can understand where I'm coming from, because perhaps maybe you find yourself in a better situation than you were before. But for some reason, you're just feeling emotionally everywhere. I guess I'm reflecting back on two conversations I had, one with a loved one and one with a friend. No need to share who they are, because that's not what's and im what's important is what I have to say in regards to my conversation with them, and overall, the premise, the foundation, the common denominator was fear. Now you know what I say. Fear is false evidence appearing real. Now how we should look at it as face everything and run. But this thing of fear and its negative connotation is something that will keep you bound. I was talking to a loved one who has gifts on gifts on gifts, and yet they find themselves in despair saying I'm scared. I don't want it to make a mistake. I just want it to be right, and not realizing it's all those things that prevent you from getting started. See, fear will have you second guests in yourself.
Speaker 3: Fear will have your confidence diminished. Fear will stop you from living and you'll realize that you're functioning. So I have to ask you what has fear done or what is fear doing to you?
Speaker 1: I mean, fear will have you basically sitting in a rocking chair, going back and forth with your thoughts and realizing that all you have to do is make a decision, and that decision is you choose yourself.
Speaker 3: But how come that's so hard? How come we can.
Speaker 1: Walk into a job so confident that you're going to get that paycheck, You're gonna like the facility, your transportation is going to work, and they are surely going and surely they will surely pay you on time. Yet something that you do have control of, which is yourself, there is.
Speaker 3: A lack of confidence.
Speaker 1: And it may not appear as a lack of confidence at first. It just comes as a hesitation or I don't have everything together, or I don't have all the resources, basically, excuse after excuse. Then I was talking to another friend or a too a friend, and they were telling me about a business that they're doing, and I said, well, hey, you got a B, C and D, just go out there and do it. I know, I just got to get all these ideas together. I got to figure out where to start. Well half the time, we just got to start and realize that it is us getting in our own way? How long are we going to allow ourselves to get in our own way of living our lives to our greatest potential, to be living in abundance, to be living free. And I guess that just tripled down effect. I just got done watching Kamala Harris or soon to be First Lady or not First Lady President Harris I delivered her speech at the DNC, and of course she's been playing and using Beyonce's song track Freedom, that's her soundtrack. And I even got more emotional when I started hearing the lyrics. And I guess because here's Beyonce Freedom, Freedom, I can't move Freedom, cut me loose. Hey, I'm feeling emotional because I'm just thinking how many people out there, including at Tom's myself, have held our own seals captive as a prisoner because we're afraid, afraid to take a chance, afraid to make a mistake, afraid to be seen, afraid to be loved, simply afraid.
Speaker 3: To get started.
Speaker 1: And it here's the thing, too, we sit so comfortably complaining. Part of me, my nose is stopped up because the sisters crowing, which I told you I was feeling emotional, but no, really, when we literally hold ourselves prisoners. And the thing that makes it even worse, Oh my gosh, what I.
Speaker 3: Mean by holding our own selves as prisoners. Well, let's think about it.
Speaker 1: If you have somebody captive, or if they are a prisoner, chances are you have the key to unlock the door, unlock the gate, flip the switch, hit the gas pedal, put the key in the ignition, press the button. Yet we stuck on froze because of that fear. And it just further reminds me of that saying or a quote, or however you want to put it, when they say the greatest No, the richest place in the world is the cemetery, because so many people have died with their dreams freedom, freedom, I can't move, freedom, cut me loose. They died captive, being afraid to take a chance on themselves. And it's the great chance that you ever have to make, the one that has the greatest return on your value, on your investment, the one that can truly at least your heart's greatest desires. Yet we're caged. So freedom, where are you? Because I need freedom too, don't you? Well, when you're gonna make that choice to live to be because you know we're here for a good time, not a long time.
Speaker 3: And I get it.
Speaker 1: You are looking around and you say, oh my gosh, how am I going to get through? Oh God, where are you? How many times am I going to be tested tried until I turn blue? Remember you can't fail if you don't quit. And if you fall down seven times, get up eight. Your location is not your destination. I mean it really has me thinking how you have to be.
Speaker 3: Delusional with your dreams.
Speaker 4: Because these eyes here sometimes they will fail you. These ears here sometimes they can be manipulated, even by you, by what you're allowing to be placed within it or within them.
Speaker 3: Can you feel me on this?
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't tell you how many people and cohorts have said kind of like they felt like giving up, kind of like they just feel like they want to stop.
Speaker 3: But I gotta ask you, where is your freedom? Where are you.
Speaker 1: When it comes to your life? Are you ready to go after it and get it? I'm just thinking about Kamala's speech and her talking about her mom and how she persevered and how just coming out here. I believe she said she wanted to be a doctor, and then she was going to go back cold to India, but life had a different plan. She end up fighting a future getting married, or fighting for a future for her family getting married and having two beautiful daughters. Now I don't know about married, but she was with their father, so hey, let's keep it open. But that's not what's important. What's important is that as she was talking about her mom, and she said her mom was kind of like a tough cookie, you know, standing that five feet And she said that when it came down to justice or anything that they felt was right, you know, Kamala says, she'd get in there and start complaining.
Speaker 3: And then her mom said, all right, all right, So now what you're gonna do about it?
Speaker 1: Ha?
Speaker 3: You're gonna fight for yourself because because if you don't, who gonna do it? Huh? If you want change or you gonna be able to see it, huh. I just gotta know. These are the type of questions that I have for.
Speaker 1: You for myself too. Freedom. Freedom, Where are you? Because I need freedom too? And here's the thing. The reason why I have to say, your location is not your destination. See, oftentimes we look around and you get confused about what you see about where you are, that you lose track of where you're going, and you gotta be grateful for where you are because just like you follow a map, just like you putting your navigation directions, you always have a starting point and you just.
Speaker 3: Gotta look at this as your starting point.
Speaker 1: And like I said, you gotta put one foot but in front of the other. Because I feel like I'm delusional right now, fighting so hard to get back in the studio, just various obstacles of what even just how to get up in here, how to get across here, that I fought a mental game of.
Speaker 3: Just cutting back on the mic, figured out what I was going.
Speaker 1: To say, and partly probably just because if so many changes a level of embarrassment, and that.
Speaker 3: May be the same for you.
Speaker 1: You may not want to go to that networking event because you may not feel like you have anything to wear, you may not feel like your hair is in order.
Speaker 3: You may find whatever excuse.
Speaker 1: There is to not go and show up for you, whether that's that relationship, whether that's you going to the gym, whether that's you accepted a job, whether that's you mowing across the country, whether that's you falling in love, whatever.
Speaker 3: It is freedom. Freedom? Where are you?
Speaker 1: Because I need freedom too. You gotta realize, in order to do something that has never been done before, it's going to require you to be someone.
Speaker 3: You have never been before. I mean, imagine how that work. It can't work unless you do.
Speaker 1: So where are you? I want you to keep fighting and keep pressing. And I'm saying this to you as I say this to myself. A lot of this is probably emotional pmbassa or whatever, but I know that it's also truth because, like I said before, of you to ask me three hundred and sixty five days ago from today, oh my gosh, I pray for today such as today, what.
Speaker 3: Are you praying for?
Speaker 1: What are you asking for? And what are you going to do about it? At what point are you going to decide? Or better yet, at what point are you going to decide to bet on yourself, to take a chance on yourself, to actually believe in yourself, Because there're gonna be people around you that's gonna doubt you.
Speaker 3: I mean people that you hold close.
Speaker 5: Now again, I said that I'm a little emotional, so I don't know exactly how I feel about this, but I'm gonna share it because maybe you have witnessed someone saying or reacting to the same thing.
Speaker 1: I was talking to a good girlfriend of mine. Lord knows if she listened that, she gonna know it's her best friend's sister friend. We on the phone and I.
Speaker 3: Was telling her this story.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell it to you another day, but I was telling her this funny story of something that happened to me. At the time, it wasn't funny, but I was telling her this story was funny. She said, girl, you ever thought about doing some comedy? I said, girl, I study at the Groundlings. No, she didn't just say comedy, she says stand up. I was like, girl, that's what I'm doing at the Groundlings. We have several members there that I actually do stand up and what I remember is one of the actual groundings and also some of my classmates, my cohorts. And she was like, cause you are hilarious. You had me cracking up. And I'm like, yeah, girl, you know, basically, thank you so much. That's what I've been studying. And then she said I think you still got it, or she said I believe you still got it. And now I'm not trying to be a negative. Nancy but I was taken aback because it was almost as if she was saying it to me to convince me. And I'm not sure if my response was, well, what did you mean by that? But I essentially said I never stopped doubting myself or doubted myself or better yet, I never thought or it never came across my mind that I didn't still have it. And see, I'm not saying that she had any negative intentions. I'm not saying I don't know whether or not I received it incorrectly, But what do you mean I believe you still got it? At what point did you stop thinking I had it? Did I come off as if I thought I did it? Because no matter what I've been through and continue to go through, I've constantly kept pressing.
Speaker 3: Were times where I didn't know because I couldn't even see. I felt like I could.
Speaker 1: Barely hear about what was going on in the next move. But I just knew I have.
Speaker 3: A fight.
Speaker 1: Because in this ridiculous mind divide that I praise and I say ridiculous in the most flattering way.
Speaker 3: I aspired to be bigger than opera. And my friends will.
Speaker 1: Tell you younger daughter's always talked about my yacht, having my libations on the deck, doing what I do.
Speaker 3: Then you d called me in the studio.
Speaker 1: Get about six figures, five to six figures to lay down in a voiceover track. Then I'm back to pair of sailing, cruising, cascading around the world on my yacht, and of course I'll be talking to you as well. But it really disturbed me in a lot of ways. And when I say disturbed, it bothered me. And it was like a pinch because I realized that your faith, your conviction, has got to come from you, and you gotta keep going and you gotta keep pressing at the minute you want a second out yourself, the minute you have somebody that attempts to throw shade yourself and not necessarily saying something outright negative, but putting a shade as if a cast on, as if it was something wrong or something missing or something not there. Because yes, it was a compliment to say, yes, Dawn, you're very talented, but what do you mean I think you still got it?
Speaker 3: At what point did I think that I not had it?
Speaker 1: And she was like, you know, it's just amazing because everything that you touch or get your hands into, you get to the top at it, even things that I've had no experience in, or it hasn't been my true passion. But I'm just a believer in hard work and perseverance. So I wanted to encourage you coming up here. I don't know what this fear is doing to you, but I want you to tell it to cut you loose, because I need you to take a chance on yourself. You got somebody look at you that you inspire. They say, Hey, I aspire to be just like you. Because you're gonna go forward and push. You're gonna open some doors. It's gonna let some other people in, and you're gonna keep rising, and you're gonna lift as you climb, and you're gonna have to remind yourself that the bottom of every valley is the start of the next peak of the highest mountain. Okay, so keep going and keep believing in yourself and say, I break chains all by myself. Won't let my freedom right in hell? Hey, I'm gonna keep running because a winner don't quit on themselves. You caught that a winner don't quit on themselves. That's why you can't feel If you don't quit, you just keep putting one in front of the other. And I know that anxiety. It comes so loud when you can't think, you can't see, you barely feel like you can get your breath.
Speaker 3: But peace be still.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep running because the winner don't quit on themselves. So I just want to encourage you to win, not for anybody else, but for yourself. When for your dreams, When because of your freedom, When because your peace of mind? When because of that love and relationship? When simply because you take up space? All right, that's all I have to say. Freedom, exercise it with yourself. It's time to use the.
Speaker 3: Key and un like it. Why because the winner don't quit on themselves.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it for your DOCA vidad, I want to encourage you to follow me on all social media at Vitamin D Dawn Day and of course if you want your own DOCA Vitamin D that be me, baby. You can follow me personally on all social media at dawn Dai Speaks.
Speaker 3: And I want to.
Speaker 1: Also encourage you if you are looking for some inspiration, some advice, perhaps you have a recommendation for a guest, send me an email Vitamin D at down Dai speaks dot com. Okay, that's vitamin D at dawn dai speaks dot com. So send them emails because I am looking forward to having you or someone you know as a guest on my podcast, our podcast, so we can dive into a good conversation and inspire someone else to live their life on purpose and for a purpose. And what else am I missing? I think that's about it. I'm just missing you and I can't wait to see all of you soon. All right, I love you, I appreciate you, thank you so much. I'm gonna get our head out of here. I'm headed out of here. You know. Always say I'm in the business of making dreams coming true and I damn show ain't over.
Speaker 3: Forget about money.
Speaker 1: So until next time, family, always remember you are your greatest ass.
Speaker 2: Get your right in, Mandy right here with me, and get excited about your life.