Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star Infrasco, and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is March twenty seventh, opening day of the Major League Baseball season, but it is actually twenty eight days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It is Miller time.
Speaker 2: So we've got Zach Wolcheck, Brian brought us, Tommy Yurris Vox Lombardi. I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam in the back, Zack Scott his ranger stuff on. I've got my ranger stuff on, and Brian's all business. Got the draft party.
Speaker 3: For drafted boys. We got doing keep on rocking in twenty eight days away, one hundred and sixty two of these. There's a long way to go.
Speaker 4: So like y'all watch all of the baseball games, like y'all like watching the best ones?
Speaker 5: Do you wait to the playoffs?
Speaker 6: Just let's make sure it's not y'all here, because I'm with you I mean, I'm not watching.
Speaker 2: I think I think the right side of the table we watch. Yeah, we'll watch as many games as possible.
Speaker 4: If baseball highlights make me sleepy, the highlights the best what's the best plays in baseball make me sleepy?
Speaker 5: I go to bed when when it comes.
Speaker 4: I don't have the band with, you know, just trying to learn two hundred and fifty of these guys learning all the league guys. And I watched like boxing and all this other kind of stuff, and y'all talk about what's his.
Speaker 3: Name, Jacob deGrom, I asked, like a fantastic guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't even know the most wind healthy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, whin healthy? Best picture in base.
Speaker 5: I don't even know the fantastic.
Speaker 3: Fantastic is not American in baseball.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't even he could be braziving.
Speaker 3: I don't know Japanese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congratulations, here, here we'll go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey, well we got we had some crossovers. Doc Peterson was a wide receiver with Davante Adams in high school. Dude, I appreciate you trying to crush it in. Yeah, so hey, now we're full circle bash.
Speaker 5: He was over, he was w or.
Speaker 2: He was a wide receiver one over DeVante Adams in high school.
Speaker 5: Well, coaches suck at this, they don't understand.
Speaker 3: So if somebody goes down to the Cowboys, we just go across the street. Doc Peterson can play a game for you. Yeah, there you go, although he might need drop a little man.
Speaker 5: Twenty seven days to the draft. Boy, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight eight. Well, what we did have we had a little road trip from Tommy Yarish on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Tommy was down at the Texas Pro Day where, I mean we were talking about it on Tuesday as well, what day would we want to go to and vatch? You said you would have just opened up the passenger side door and gotten in the passengers with Tommy rode on down there to Austin.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would have taken you.
Speaker 4: We would have been listening to old Lil Wayne cash Money rick Is on the way to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no problem with that. I mean, I'm all for that.
Speaker 5: I'm just influenced fluence.
Speaker 6: I'm just they're just convincing me that we that I should have shot you a textan advited you earlier.
Speaker 5: What happened to me because it was smile he was walking what happened.
Speaker 3: To Tommy was right, it was.
Speaker 6: It was nice to be home, but no, of course, just seeing there, going there to see you know, Alfred Collins. Quen you were, was Matthew Golden, those kinds of guys John A Barons of the world, just because you know, the Texas had twenty one guys, but it's that upper echelon of guys that you know, you really take it, take an eye on. Alfred Collins had a boot on his left leg. Texas spokesperson told me that, you know, they go ask, go ask his people what's going on there, But Jane Slater reported that it wasn't anything serious. And you know Texas in the past is typically put boots on guys as a precautionary measure. They did it with Xavier Worthy in the Big twelve Championship game a couple of years ago. So I don't know if that's something that drastically changes his dralf injury, right calf injury. Thank you, Matthew Golden. Is Matthew Golden. He looked the part really. Chris running his routes, didn't run a forty, but he he caught passes from quinn Ewers and you know what so impressed about him is he's got strong hands. As soon as the ball hits his hands, it doesn't move. He only dropped one pass and it was over the shoulder. He's having to look you know up. It's it's just a tough play to make.
Speaker 3: But that was it. Otherwise he was great.
Speaker 6: Uh Jaden Blue, Brian, I know you're big on him, looked let me some Blue looked much faster this time around. And S said he had a groin injury at the combine, so that's why that time was maybe something that people didn't expect. Unofficially, he was clocking in around the four two five, four two eight range, is what he told us after that. Andrew mccooba the safety that I know we've talked about a little bit on the show.
Speaker 3: I know you're big on him. Watch he's getting a.
Speaker 6: Thirty visit Cowboys, So that's going to be an interesting one to watch, just because safety is not one that we've really talked about much here.
Speaker 3: But he's a really good player.
Speaker 4: What does that mean for us, like for like Dallas right, Like, does that mean that we're into safety now or we're just into Andrew?
Speaker 5: Like, what does that mean?
Speaker 6: Not necessarily if it's it's more into Andrew, it might just be, hey, we want to do some more research on this guy because we didn't get to talk to him at the Combine or we can talk to him at the Senior Bowl. So I don't know if it's always necessarily a measure of interest as much as it is. Okay, we're trying to figure out who we've got here, not just as a player, but as a person. How does he fit, you know, into our culture? And how how smart is he? How does he understand the game? And then let's see I see something real.
Speaker 7: Quick about how could you not watch watch Brian Branch from the Lions and not think about a guy that can.
Speaker 3: Cover, who can play sat, can play free, can play with range, can tackle all that.
Speaker 7: I mean to me, I'm very interested in a guy like that, regardless. I'm just trying to I don't know, how, like you watch this guy cover you. I mean, he's one of the best safeties in the country when it comes to denying the football.
Speaker 3: You know, they don't complete passes on this guy.
Speaker 7: And I don't know, I mean, like you could tell me all the things you want with this football team with Hooker and Wilson and all that guy. And you're saying, wait a minute, and go get this guy. Damn Rod, I'm gonna bring him in for a thirty event.
Speaker 3: Where would you have to get him though? Would you have to get him? You can?
Speaker 7: I think second round probably, yeah, I mean, and he might go before that when there's some other safeties in this draft. Don't get me wrong, but I mean, he is the one guy that you watch him cover, you watch him tackle, you watch him play with range. You want everything that that that guy Detroit does. This cat does you know, like he could play. I mean, he's he's a six foot he's one hundred and eighty six pounds. He's probably, you know, not the bulkiest guy, but all that other stuff that's that's that's impressive.
Speaker 3: This tackles in his game because he occasionally will go low and that's you know. And yeah, but I thought he was one of the better tacklers among all the safeties like nickim and Warri had tackling. He had to run the alley and something about just the wanting to tackle. Yeah, Soba, I mean, he's a guy there's some remember me shots in his game. He's gonna thudge you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw miss when he wanted to kill people like that. That's kind of what I saw. Like he was trying to do so much and he just maybe just that, you know, just forum gets awful right down and tackle him as supposed to just trying. But I think that's something that coaching can fix. But like, besides that, this dude gets picked. He takes the ball away ball hawk and he does it high low from the nickel if you wanted to chase tight ends around, if you want him to. And I think he's safety. I think I got him better at the Stars and I got him better than what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you're seven and ten, you're you're you're not. I mean you're looking at all positions.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not. I'm not sitting there like sure. I mean there's four safeties that I think would be upgrades for you in this draft one.
Speaker 2: It's a new defensive coordinator too. You don't know what Eberflus feels about guys like like Hooker on the backside, Donovan Wilson.
Speaker 7: I think the previous regime was okay with those guys. It's talking to Mike Zimmer, he was okay with Hooker. He was okay with Wilson, you know, but I I'm glad Tommy had eyes on him because I don't know how you could.
Speaker 3: Not want this player.
Speaker 4: I think it's a big deal, Brian, I do too. At this table, we've talked about corner all day. Wide receiver d Tab talked about is they need linebackers so bad? You only get thirty of these, You only get thirty visits. One of them is a safety that get picks. That fits your new DC here.
Speaker 3: I think that means that it does. It does. I wasn't trying to say that.
Speaker 7: It was just just talking to cover all the I'm just trying to cover all the bases here.
Speaker 6: But no, I completely agree with you guys, Cooba. It was it was interesting to see opening I'm trying to plug it all in here. Yeah, you know, his true freshman season at Clemson and was like, oh my god, this is going to be super And then afterwards it was like, Okay, you know, he maybe they're figuring out. He comes to Texas and it's just, you know, his best here yet. So he got developed in that A nice but there's the secondary there. No, absolutely did they did good with him A couple more quick notes here and then I'll get you out here. H gunner Helm. Forget the testing numbers. I think, really, I think this guy just glides. I think he's great at the tight end spot.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: Uh, he had the ankle when he ran the forties, so that time was a little bit slower. But I think this guy was super productive in college. I think he'll be the same way in the NFL CAM. Williams did not do any testing. He was just there still. He said he was eighty percent with that knee injury that he suffered towards the detail end.
Speaker 3: Of the year.
Speaker 6: Again, I just think he's a guy that would have benefited from an him and he lost a lot of way. He said he was down at three seventeen yesterday, So I don't yeah pounds, he's a guard bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's heavy footage. That's forge he needs to develop. And you know, he said, well, when I came to Texas.
Speaker 6: When I came to Texas, I didn't know much about football, and so I think that there's still progression that needs to be there.
Speaker 3: And then of course the big thing that might let somebody else be a hero there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the big thing that most people were there were for was quinn ewers throwing session, which short intermediate game.
Speaker 3: He looks like a million bucks throwing.
Speaker 6: On it is his usual since since his days at South Flake Carroll High School. And then you watch the deep ball in the first couple of ones, you're like, Okay, we're looking good here.
Speaker 3: And he threw fifty nine passes.
Speaker 6: So he finished with three deep balls and he could tell his armost kind of getting a bullpen session. Yeah, he threw three straight ducks to close out his safe and it's just.
Speaker 7: Tommy, how much did they have him work under center? Was there was there the NFL coaches running the drills or was it a guy that he had.
Speaker 6: It was it was a mixture of Texas guys. They're wide receivers, coach Chris Jackson working it. And then I don't know if I don't remember if there was an NFL.
Speaker 7: Guy said, I'm saying I was beachured. I was wondering how much they would put him under center. A lot of these guys were that's Warred. You know, these these guys dart they play in that shotgun so much that I'd like to see footwork he did.
Speaker 6: He did take snaps under center. There was a mix of shotgun and under stuff that he did tell.
Speaker 3: Him what happened on the first snap under center? Yeah, sumb on the first one did Jake Major's down with him? It was Jake Majors.
Speaker 6: So there's a mixture of Jake Majors and then Hayden Connor, the guard guard who played there that also took some snaps at center. So guy's got to see him do a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: There are two Texas players one that I think has really slid throughout this process, wide receiver Isaiah Bond. And Bond was a guy and I've talked to Brian to you about this, like we kept watching receivers and it's like sliding, like sliding in Majors. Jake Majors is the other one in a draft that I don't think any of us really sold on the centers. Jake Majors was a guy that that I was really intrigued to watch. Obviously looked at him at prosper he was a left tackle, then kicked inside the set center to Texas. Uh for the NFL, I mean, is it a power thing? Is it one of those where I think the football IQ and the intelligence is there, but did he just peak? Like is he a finished product right now? Because you look at Jake Majors, you're looking at a late day three pick for a lot of mock drafts were seeing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think he has peaked. Zach, I don't know. I don't know what more he can do to reach his ceiling. I think he's there physically, and I think, you know, you've got a really arn't player with a lot of snaps, and I think if a team takes him earlier than that day three spot, that's going to be what gets him there. He's he's you know, lauded for being a smart player, a guy who's able to take command and help his quarterback out. So I like Majors, but I think that I don't know how much more room to improve their.
Speaker 2: There A lot of times when you look at a center like that, you want a nail eater, right. I want a guy that's going to be a physical force in the run game. I didn't see that with Majors. I didn't see a powerful player. See the football IQ. He's in the right place, right time, His footwork, his pass protection, all those things are solid. But he doesn't overpower any know that in Georgia games, and that limits his boiling significantly.
Speaker 3: You see McLoughlin, I think that's his name.
Speaker 2: It same kind of thing. When you have better, I have McLoughlin better now. I kind of flipped him from the magazine. So the magazine Majors is above McLaughlin. It's a beautiful magazine.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: But the backside of it, cowboy fans, that's why you don't move bebe like.
Speaker 3: The same kind of thing. Unless you draft rays Abel that'd be the only guy to consider the.
Speaker 5: Center for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, the way that I have McLoughlin here, I say, especially when facing power rushers and bigger defensive tackles.
Speaker 3: His balance was off. Part of that is due to high pad level and would.
Speaker 2: Play with a poor hand placement and leverage at times.
Speaker 3: That was McLoughlin out of out of uh Ohio state. This is not a great centers draft. You know, you're not in a great Gia overall.
Speaker 5: Why do they like him? Why? Why?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: Why do I keep seeing my drafts and top one hundreds that got the like tested like like what like what kind of tests?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: The combine had a good combine athletics shorts for good.
Speaker 5: But as a center, I want you to whoop folk.
Speaker 3: You know, Dallas, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: That's the first line in my notes. I want you to whoop kids and and and none of the centers in this draft whoop kids. So what So what we're doing is having to find guards. But like, okay, can you play?
Speaker 3: You play center?
Speaker 5: Can you snap?
Speaker 4: And I think if with Bebe, it'll upset me to tell him, Hey man, you've been working on snapping a step for three out six five days. Let's just go back to guard. Let's just stay strongest center. Y'all know what you left guard is. I wouldn't much rather just find a powerful rank. I've said this three four times. So if anybody just watched me saying I'm sorry, but you work here, No, I snuck it.
Speaker 5: I came in here with you. I mean, b you let him in. Kyle took shirt, Kyle took his badge, and he walked in. I just walked me in.
Speaker 3: No, I don't worry.
Speaker 2: If you're listening from upstairs, he did check in, he did do the process.
Speaker 3: We're okay. I didn't let him in the building. That security guard. Yeah, yeah, I saw him kind of, I saw the shadow. I think you're absolutely right, though. Watch when it comes to Jared Wilson, Like he gets to the second level, but then it's like who does Who's he supposed to block? Like he's looking around like I don't know exactly where I'm supposed to go to the athletic traits, you see that. I can see him easily with ease he's getting, but then he's searching for a linebacker. He's always like not you go said, he doesn't reach the target.
Speaker 4: Well, do you do you think teams care about the super powerful guy or do you think they prioritize the athlete?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 5: You know, because we we've.
Speaker 4: Had guards that I've loved and like, yo, this this guard is whooping feet on these kids. But as he may have slow feet and he gets dropped to the day three or something. But this guard that may not be strong, or a center that may not be strong, but he can reach really well, he gets prioritized. Right, So is the league leaning towards making the running backs make the plays and make the decisions. And you just got to be hat on hat guy, because nothing makes me more sick than stale mate. Hat on hat guy. I love watching Tyler Smith drive people and bb drive people, but I'm not good with the I want to say about it on this team, but just the stale maiden, which is where we're at.
Speaker 3: And that's why we vibe with offensive lineman because we're looking at the Tyler Bookers, the Wyatt milems West Virginia like I want a big, nasty guard that's gonna drive people. I want you to hurt somebody be I want to see some nasty. But these coaches come out and they talk about Penn and poll. Yeah, and that's why an armand Membu has a right they talk about and that's totally fair.
Speaker 4: But linebackers are two hundred and twenty pounds. Now, let's go get them, you.
Speaker 8: Know what I mean?
Speaker 5: One text? One text are two ninety three texts are too eight.
Speaker 3: Tyler Booker is athletic enough to get out in space.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, No, he's athlete.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, when you start to talk about your big tough inside guys, they you know, they're telling you. Scheme wise, we've all we've all went in the first thing when when these coaches got hired, what schemes were we looking at. Oh look what they do they do outside zone? Oh they do zone? They do you know they do pin and poll. You know, I mean, like you say, you're not going to put heavy footed guys in pen and poll, y'all.
Speaker 3: Like Lampkin, I he's very very small. But that dude that I like him off, he really does. I put him as an under the radar guy on the on the magazine.
Speaker 7: I think I think there's the one guy I could remember. It was Terry Long and this goes way way way back.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was drafted by the Steelers from East Carolina. He was one of the first guys I ever five ten. No, No, it's no relation, no relation at all. But no, this is this was this is a very very rare thing that you'll let you'll ever see the tape. Though, when he the way he plays with leverage and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, I'm man, I don't.
Speaker 7: Like, I say, at center, maybe better center than guards, but but how many matchups is he gonna have? You know, where he has to go get a guy and but he he can do that.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 7: Is he strong In a group of bad centers. He might be a guy that somebody takes, but he is as rare at five to ten and two hundred and seventy five pounds.
Speaker 4: It's it's will he be drafted because he's short, Like I bet a lot of times, probably don't even have him draftable because he doesn't meet the pre records arm length.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you cannot watch him play. I feel like the tapes a fourth rounder for me. Yeah, Adams probably gonna go in like the sixth round, maybe seventh. Like, I don't know, is he a priority undrafted free agent? I think that's dallasuestion.
Speaker 7: Dallas had a taller guy, but the sweight wise was to say, Mark Stepanowski played here, and Mark was a second level cut you in half because he had Nate Newton playing there next to him, and guys Kevin Gogan and guys like that. So he had those. But the thing with Lampkin real quick, I looked at me. He started twenty six games at left guard, twenty one games at right guard, and fourteen games at center. This guy was the undefeated Florida state championship wrestler. He has a five year starter. It's ac It's not like he's at he's at, you know, at some school that you would like, Oh, there's no way I would.
Speaker 3: But he played five years of five year starter at North Carolina. Well, he transferred from Coastal Carolina to UNC right so two years before. But he was part of the Coastal Carolina turnaround where.
Speaker 2: They were right there running games. He had over twenty one hundred pass blocking snaps. He allowed just three sacks in his college career, and he never allowed more than one in a season and had zero allowed over his two seasons with the suppressive man. The tape's really good for him. He's great tape. But yeah, that's one of the guy's measurables. And right at the beginning of the segment vatch, you asked that question of where is the league leaning. I think this center class is a pretty good indication of where they're leaning. They're leaning towards away from this center class, and the center class is full of guys that aren't powerful guys. You're seeing a lot of athleticism, seeing guys that can move. So I still think there's a value in the power in the strength of these guys, and you're starting to see the way that they kind of gravitate away from that real.
Speaker 3: Quick and just single answer, whatever, what do you do with strepo? Now? For Miami? Do you now know he ran a four eight?
Speaker 5: I knew he wasn't fast this whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a straight line fanst I do think that affects where you draft, sorry, you know where you draft him?
Speaker 5: Sure Like you just can't look at it.
Speaker 3: And the tape is the tape is is not bad.
Speaker 4: You can't look at your draftmates and justify third round anymore, fourth round anymore? If he running a full eight, hey can we get him in the fifth. But I still think that's a dude that can play. Nick Nash is like that, Like he doesn't have all the physical stuff you want, but that played football, you know what I'm saying. So he may not get drafted for h stuff, But Devin Neil physically, he doesn't run his fans, but he can play football. So I think the third round is going to be full of football players, and I think he's a football player, and I think he'll go up in the slide and run these routs and tricky well, at.
Speaker 2: Least guys like Nick Nash have size to him though he's a six foot plus.
Speaker 7: I know, but if did you kill him on his size or did you kill him? Because what we were negatives about him? When you just watch, if you didn't know he ran four eight three.
Speaker 5: It was all size and speed.
Speaker 3: It was speed.
Speaker 4: I can see the speed on the film too. It was all but like quick top of the route. You know what I'm saying, diversity changing the tempo with a little bit of speed that he does have. He does and he caught everything, so he has good film. But I guess with just more more details.
Speaker 3: I guess you just taught everything. Sometimes with his body. So I just wondering. I wondered a body. I wonder if people are just gonna now just completely drop him out. There was something about him that streamed to me. He's a good college player. I just didn't I don't. I don't think he's going to translate to the NFL super well. And I could be so wrong about that. There's just other guys that have similar traits like Jalen Noel of Iowa State.
Speaker 7: Okay, well there's a guy that there's a guy that there's a guy that did didn't look fast on tape and then now tested very well.
Speaker 3: But he's I mean, the separation that he creates is natural. The route running is good. He and he's a hands catcher, like I agree with Kyle. He'll let that thing come into his body a little bit. Jayalen well snatch the football for you. Nole's the best Iowa state wide receiver in this draft. Well, you know how I feel about Streppo. I don't know what.
Speaker 10: Nole.
Speaker 3: Jalen Nole is the best Iowa state wide receiver in the draft over Jaden Higgins. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I don't like Higgins so much, tell him time.
Speaker 6: I actually like, I think I think you've got you know, because Higgins is that big go up and get it X guy.
Speaker 3: He's you've got, You've got, You've.
Speaker 5: Got, which is I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Routes there, you've got you've got better X guys on this class.
Speaker 6: You know, I look at a guy like I'm just looking at my list here, elic Io Manor from Stanford, Trey Harris from Old miss.
Speaker 3: Obviously t Mac that that those are guys that I forgot.
Speaker 2: Agree with you, Trey Harris is above all those guys for me. I'm i'm I've told you that before. I'm I'm higher on.
Speaker 3: We're about about to play a game. We'll wait second. I got to find louther Bird.
Speaker 4: Way high in the magazine. You got there right there. If you're looking at the magazine, he got him sick.
Speaker 3: I like Kyle's on track. I don't have Yeah, I think that's that'sh is much better than Higgins from the cum calling you out there.
Speaker 2: Well, no, Besh, I actually have higher than Higgins there, but there's I have Higgins higher than Nol.
Speaker 3: And that was the conversation. And I like Jalen Nole.
Speaker 2: I think he's a good player. He was great at the Senior Bowl. His tape is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: It is Nol. Okay, I apologize for saying Noel. Jalen, I love you, and I think your tape's incredible. My daughter is named Noel. I would I would never do such a thing. It's a beautiful daughter.
Speaker 5: We all got Jayalen roy.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's higher. Royle's the second round. Royals, I've got right behind Trey Harrison, right above Jack Besh.
Speaker 5: I got a second round like Royles is nasty dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we take our first break.
Speaker 2: We've got some twitter on the twenty coming up right after this, and then Brian's got a scenario that we're gonna get destroyed in this game.
Speaker 3: I can't names.
Speaker 2: Yes, cheers, everybody, all right, A little too big.
Speaker 9: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 3: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 9: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 5: That scary bridge.
Speaker 9: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothie, available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Gut.
Speaker 5: All Right.
Speaker 11: Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer, Here if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 11: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The press Scott, who looks right, It's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look full pre style. Just like football.
Speaker 12: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 13: Press Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot Com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show once again. We've talked about it a couple of times, but the Draft magazine Guide is coming out this week. Be sure to check out your copy. Get yours pre ordered on Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Star Magazine.
Speaker 3: Draft Guy.
Speaker 2: Look at this beautiful feature story right here from our very own Tommy Yarsh.
Speaker 3: That's he's not wrong about that.
Speaker 2: He went right inside the walls there at Boise State to get this information. Yeah, it's a great story. It's an incredible read. I actually read it last week whenever they put this on my desk.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Kyle, great big and a big thank you to Spencer Danielson and James Montgomery at Boise State for helping me out with that.
Speaker 3: They were fantastic.
Speaker 2: So yeah, get your Draft Guide, five hundred and fourteen prospects ranked and then all sorts of bio and information.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it. The guys at Raiders dot com are going to live. Yes they are. Yeah that Hey, we're all the same team here, fellas. By the way, the Raiders.
Speaker 5: Dude, who went the Raiders guy?
Speaker 3: I love send a couple of these. Sure I would send the story. Just give me the story. I'll send them. My guys, the Raiders that make it happen. The Raider dot Com. Brady and Buddy was there yesterday, Eddie and company over there, Eddy Eddie guy.
Speaker 5: And that dude is impressive looking, man, he really, dude is impressive.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 4: Somebody was like, well, Vog, how come you and Brian don't hold genty to the forty times requirement that y'all hold Johnson to or whatever I did.
Speaker 3: I told him I'm disappointed he didn't run.
Speaker 4: I was like, twel that, gents, he ain't got to run another team. I was upset that he was running at his damn prote don't get hurt, man. Look did you see him? Just see how physically he looks.
Speaker 3: He's physically if he runs, but.
Speaker 5: He's not as fast as we thought. That don't mean you could tackle him.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen anybody this is so?
Speaker 7: I don't think in all the years I've done this, somebody that like when there he was, he plays so erecked right straight out stands.
Speaker 5: Okay, he stands all.
Speaker 7: Yet you know what I I I really don't have a stands Yeah, stands.
Speaker 3: He places before dods up very high. He doesn't somebody's gonna clip it. Yeah right.
Speaker 7: But if you're seen when he does this though, he it's like amazing how quick he can get.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and listen, he's just got the cameras stug over you.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm following what you're saying. You know what, You're the only.
Speaker 5: One that's like, right what you saying that you said? He said, okay, stop, you know what.
Speaker 3: I had enough, I'm not go ahead.
Speaker 4: He stands there, he stands tall and does what never mind, he does have interesting you know, Gibbs had James, Jordan James got this same James. A lot of those guys just still up.
Speaker 3: But that was amazed at how tall he stands. And then when they and then he's just the explosion and he has.
Speaker 5: He does explode his first step at this step.
Speaker 3: All right, Twitter, Yeah, interrect, it's time for some twitter on the twitterat on this terrible. That's what I just laugh at because you were trying to have a moment to laugh and.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to the he will fire you me too, all right, Mitch wants to.
Speaker 2: Said, tell me more, tell me more about South Carolina linebacker Demetrius Night Junior brought us and I know you've gotten a chance to watch him.
Speaker 10: I have.
Speaker 3: Let me get to those those numbers. Yeah. Uh, he's been to three schools in six seasons.
Speaker 7: This kid, he's Georgia Tech, Charlotte and now South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Does that worry you?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: I mean it's the ara guys don't run forties and they go to three schools.
Speaker 3: We spin it to a positive. A lot of different defensive coaches, different defensive schemes, versatility for our guys. This guy, and he's a team captain. Ay ay, sir, Yeah, this guy.
Speaker 7: He's an old school Mike linebacker. He's big, he's boxy, he's square. He's a downhill player. I'm not sure will really how were well he sees the ball. There's some snaps where you clearly see him lose the ball in misdirection plays.
Speaker 3: He is explosive.
Speaker 7: He does make when he makes contact, ball care does stop in his tracks. He could be disruptive attacking the line of scrimmage. A powerful striker plays mainly his own coverage, so you don't see a lot of that stuff. You know, good underneath with the coverage he does make the quarterbacks have to throw over the top of him. So it's kind of telling me that he's moving around. But he plays with power and taken on blockers. He did get tight. He didn't get tied up that much, but the leverage, there's some tightness to his game.
Speaker 3: He's not the most fluid mover.
Speaker 7: I think that you know, I'm not going to put him in many man coverage situations. He's really a hard working kid. He's already graduated. He has his own family too, so that's gonna be super hungry for him to take care of them. I think you're gonna get a really good, motivated player. I have him in the fourth round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think you're actually right about the stiff hips. Yeah. I think at times, like the lateral movement with him, the coverage ability I have massive questions about. But in the running game, very very instinctive. He's a good form tackler and I love the way he use his hands to fight off blocks. He sheds blocks with these. But I do think the coverage ass spect of it, not only in zone but man to man, like he struggles sometimes to pick up backs out of the backfield. I don't know that he runs particularly great in those situations. He plays better downhill than he does much better backwards. And really that's kind of a theme with a lot of these line backs.
Speaker 7: So they're all there's there's several of them. You could kind of all put I think I got like Simon in there. You know these these guys that are that are uh yeah, King, Paul Knight, King from Stutsman, Simon Simon from Ohio State, you know, Stutsman from Oklahoma. Yeah, I just kind of think like guy Dumas was a Doomas Johnson. Yeah, so those are all kind of the same type of players here in the fourth round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching that Texas A and M game for night and the run fit was there. He was great playing downhill, good tackler, physical motor, all of those things kind of working in his favor. But he would get torched in the passing game, whether it was a tight end or a running back over the middle.
Speaker 3: I mean he was probably a two linebacker. Yeah, that's kind of what it feels like. I did you see this uh Texas and Pro Day Shamar Stewart does not plan to participate. He was invited to attend the NFL Draft and personally do we consensus around the league that he'll be taken early in round one. So I don't know if this is agent or player driven, but he is not going to be participating. That'd probably be one of the number one guys I'd be going to cost to watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these kids that got questions missing out, you know what I'm saying. I got a lot of questions about them, you know. And he's gotten a lot of draft buzz and all that kind of stuff. He's still a run down the middle of you guys.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He's still like lacks some of the technique. And here I go again with the ceiling guys that don't have the refinement right now, Jam, He's another one of those kind of guys for me. And I get that you can get upfield and bed and all this kind of stuff, man, but I kind of want to see you work some bags. Say have you been working on your hands? Slap the bag a little bit so I can see how your hands work. I'm just not feeling these guys. It's just not showing up to work. Yeah, I mean it's kind of weird to me.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think now that if it's kind of more of a consensus that there are question marks and there are all these guys that can maybe hide in the in the trees there, so you can kind of say there's you know what, I'm not the only one with questions. There's that guy, that guy, and that guy that also have the same kind of question marks that I talked to.
Speaker 3: Scouts went to ls U.
Speaker 7: L s U kids didn't work all that much yesterday, and scouts were pissed about that.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe that's what we're I could be wrong, but I did.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think I saw one report that the Cowboys did the drills for Mason Taylor the tight end, which kind of that excites me. I think may Taylor's the second best tight end of the draft to second best?
Speaker 5: Yep, are we gonna? So?
Speaker 4: Me and Brian had just talk, are we going to walk out of round one, two and three with no running back and no detackle like we think?
Speaker 5: In no corner? It's gonna be safety times this year.
Speaker 3: If if I had heard they didn't draft a running back, I'd have thought you were crazy. Yeah, they came away with no running didn't have one, so everything's really on the table.
Speaker 2: I think this year you gotta have one. But that kind of goes into our next twitter. On the twenty question, Perfect Wes wanted to know. Is it very important? How important is it for the Dallas Cowboys to draft a one text specifically at defensive tackle in this NFL draft?
Speaker 3: You feel like you've got three tech.
Speaker 2: Kind of taking care of what Ogizoo return. Is it crucial that they come away with a one tech?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: And I've been saying this on YouTube what the Cowboys have been doing. I don't want to just talk about them in their building like this, but what I think they should do is get the best players possible and push their current guys down the roster. You should get somebody that's better than Mazi and make Mazi fight for his life. What they'll do is they'll get somebody worse than Mazi and they'll be like, all right, Mazi, step up. I don't want that to happen.
Speaker 15: So if you can get a Derek Harmon or something, go get Derek Harmon. Than what I think they're gonna do is they're gonna wait till like the seventh Round or something, and there's gonna be like a heavy character that's there, Bohannah.
Speaker 5: Bohannah, one of those Stackhouse or something.
Speaker 3: From Joey Tonka Hemingway South Carolina. They're gonna find you, right, He's a big boy. Tony can play the four. He's wide.
Speaker 5: So what they're gonna do is they're gonna take somebody. And this is what I think.
Speaker 4: And they could prove me wrong, and they can laugh at me at the end of this, but I think they're gonna take somebody that's not gonna push Mazi very much, and we just gonna have to live with Mazie when we get to the regular season. I would love to draft the one tech very early because I think this class in particular has a gang of one text that you can take early, and normally I don't. I don't see this class where you get, Oh, you can get a one tech in the twenties, you can get them in the forties or the seventies. You have so many opportunities in this class in particular. Yeah, I don't think they're gonna do it because they're working out Mason Taylor, Andrew mccoove and all that.
Speaker 2: So well, just because they're working those guys out doesn't mean that they're gonna go.
Speaker 5: I'm being silly for the most part.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm making sure that no one else is saying, Wow, they're gonna go get Mason Taylor in the same.
Speaker 5: Being silly, but I got it.
Speaker 4: I got a feeling that, just like they like were running back last year, Hey man, you know, is this guy better than Mazi right now? And I think it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: The only thing you upgraded on your running game potentially is your coaches so far, that's the only thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, but you look at kind of the tea leaves of where things have fallen in and I'm just using the same reports that Nick Harris and Tommy Yards put out there during the NFL combine of guys that they met with. I mean they met with out of the top eight running backs on my board, they met with six of them, six of the top eight running backs. Defensive tackle very similar, Out of my top seven defensive tackles, they met with six of.
Speaker 3: Them, six of the top seven.
Speaker 2: So those are positions where they're looking at and they're trying to hone in on whether that's at twelve or whether that's at forty four or seventy six or one of the day three picks that's yet to be seen. But the top guys of each of those positions have been interviewed and looked at by the Cowboys in a formal manner. And that's not even counting the thirty visits that are kind of slowly starting.
Speaker 3: To tryl Look, Cam Horselely, the Boston college kid, might be the one to keep a name an eye on there, because that's also one that I believe that they were they did a work out with for his pro day. Okay, so coach ran the drill up. Yes, six, three, three twelve, that's a door three guy. That might be one that they've circled. Is that could be a target there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's probably going to be behind my is just my own personal opinion.
Speaker 5: Who's the last three tick?
Speaker 4: And you can look at you boys and just kind of brainstorm me that you would feel good about coming in and like push in the one takes that you have already, Like, could it be Callwell from Oregon?
Speaker 5: Could it be uh, you know Walker, Uh Farmer is Caldwell?
Speaker 3: I like Farmer? I think I think Caldwell. Did you say three tech or one one?
Speaker 5: Oh, push push him.
Speaker 3: I think you said three yeah, but I knew what you meant.
Speaker 2: I knew a chance, I say three yeah, Nos, nos nos, Okaywell that would he probably would be the last one round for you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say yeah, yeah, Black from Iowa.
Speaker 5: Who's Iowa?
Speaker 3: I would defensive tack of watching him? Six six that's a.
Speaker 2: Big big boys, big boy. Yeah, he's in Iowa. Has always been good in the front seven. They find a way to stop the run.
Speaker 3: He continued that this years at Georgia, tack like, those are just massive human beings. Okay, so he's what six five three twenty ish? What is he? Bigger biggers? Yeah, he's six six three twenty one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, big big fellow there, Brian, you said Caldwell though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, cal Well, I need to see the other two guys you're talking about there, But yeah, have anybody Tommy.
Speaker 3: I would go with Caldwell as well from Oregon? A good one.
Speaker 5: What a heb fus like?
Speaker 4: Does he like the heavy keys or does he like a fast moving one?
Speaker 5: TI kind of.
Speaker 6: He's more of a three tech guy. He like his the three tech is like kind of his he's called it on the fast his engines.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but if you if you go back his original Originally he was from the Rod uh, the Rob Bryan three four odd front guys, and then he became a Rod Marinelli disciple working with Rod and all of a sudden, So if you look Rod Marinelli, Rod Marinelli, Rod Marinelli will tell you remember he forever neglected the one technique except he played with Booger McFarlane at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 3: It was a first round pick.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you know they he was always the three was always the most important.
Speaker 3: I just don't know how you can go into this. Yeah, I mean I I don't know.
Speaker 7: Like I say, I think they have to address the one technique here, I mean I do, But I.
Speaker 3: Think I think you're onto something botch.
Speaker 7: I think they're gonna say, well, let's see if can get somebody to compete with Mazi.
Speaker 3: You know, either one of those guys are possible. That's disappointing, to be honest with you. Yeah, all right, we got to take our second break.
Speaker 2: When we come back. Brian's got a situation for us. You want to explain it a little bit here, I'll do it and we come back, When we come back. That's the ultimate tease on the Draft show right after this.
Speaker 8: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with the pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 3: Want to stay at the.
Speaker 10: Team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package Today.
Speaker 9: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of adage sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothiekit.
Speaker 13: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets pat along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and.
Speaker 3: Off the plate.
Speaker 13: Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson Is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Kendrick Lamar and Siza are bringing the Grand National tour to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, April twenty sixth. Limited limited tickets remain. Don't miss one of the biggest shows of the year. Get yours today at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: I was going to go to this show, but we got a draft. Yeah, that's the day of the draft, some day to the one in Houston. There's like the day before that.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, the day before that. That's also part of the draft.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's like the twenty third or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's before the that's a day one. Yeah, that'll be an incredible show. It's really gonna be awesome. I mean, you saw what the halftime was at the Super Bowl and those are the same two. So lots of fun. Excited to have them in town. Brian, you've got.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my last seven minutes I have. I'm gonna I'm gonna kind of hustle through this. I'll give you ten okay, thank you. I'm gonna ask you, guys, you're gonna lose your player at twelve. You're gonna lose your player at twelve, and I'm gonna give you a couple of positions, but I want you to rally and pick a player at forty four and one at seventy six the same position is what I want. So if you if you don't get at your guy at twelve, which you're gonna lose, give me a guy at forty four and seventy six.
Speaker 3: We'll check. I'll start with you, Okay, give me.
Speaker 7: You lose your first round wide receiver, give me one at forty four and one at seventy six.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me Trey Harris from Ole miss And then seventy six, let's go Tes Johnson from Oregon.
Speaker 7: Okay, and if a quick reasons why well, okay, So I just love Trey Harris.
Speaker 3: I think Trey Harris is one of these guys that he Now they're different here between these two players, because Trey Harris, I do think would be your ex okay, that you're looking for here. He was a high school quarterback and you can see a little bit of that in this game. I thought that he actually is a faster version of a Michael Gallup to remind me a little bit of gallop. Big body receiver. True X makes places down the field, consistently strong at the catch point, to make contested catches, really good balance in the body control. Okay, I think that's where you see the comp there for Gallup and Johnson. Johnson, I think that you're already in a situation where you've got familiarity with the wide receiver's closed receivers coach, explosive, twitchy playmaker. Now he is slight, but he gets the ball in his hands and good things happen on a consistent basis. So there is a question mark, right, can he win outside with his size or does he need to be a slot type of player. But he's also going to help you in the return game. And I know you just paid Cavante Turpens or there's two players a little bit too similar. But in the third round, I think it's going to be difficult for me to find a player that I like more than tes Johnson at that position.
Speaker 7: Bosh, you lose your guy. Your lose your wide receiver at twelve. Give me win a forty four and seventy six.
Speaker 4: Elik Am and your is going to be my second round guy. He's going to come in and be a big body X for you. He's gonna run all your slants and a summing that wearing this offense that gets creative and we'll just run a field and turn around. I think he's going to be able to be physical and you know, jump over people and run through people, and you know, just go back and watch him versus Travis Hunter last year, like Colorado, they put up some big yards on it, and it seems like he did it with all slantsons just jumping over people. So I'm taking them there and in the third round, I'm gonna take saveon Williams from TCU. He's another big body character there's and that's my trend. I want to get somebody that's that big body that can run around a little bit. And I think Save is going to start off as a move around guy. He's gonna play running back for you. Sometimes maybe he could be a toush push dude for you. But if you keep working on him and coaching them and teaching them things, maybe he would be a more refined wide receiver, full time X guy for you in the future.
Speaker 3: Tommy, you lost Golden at twelve?
Speaker 5: How you know? How you know he want to go to them?
Speaker 3: Bro, Tommy, you lost Golden at twelve? All right? Fair enough?
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm just saying done. Forty four and seventy forty four, I'm with Walchuck. I've got Trey Harris ol Miss. I think he's the best X in this class behind Tim Maca. Just just so good, so productive when he was healthy at all Miss. And then third round it's twenty six. I got Jalen Royals from you toss State. Just really fun tape, good after the catch, good hands, just a lot to like.
Speaker 3: That would be a dream scenario. I just don't think Royals is making it four. Yeah, I love that. I think I think you get him right to be a party. You think he's a third round pick, Well, I have him, Yeah, I have him on my board.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he's going to make it there, but I absolutely like he's him if if I.
Speaker 2: Have him as a second if, I mean, I'd be right.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: You lost your guy twelve, give me give me the guy forty four and seventy six.
Speaker 2: You heard me clapping in the background with Trey Harris, So that would be my second round pick. And then I really like the test Johnson idea. Because of the familiarity with your wide receivers, coach, he gives you something this offense doesn't have some explosiveness, some slot ability, some route running there that I think you could possibly add. But I'm gonna go with I want an ex receiver. I want to die on the outside, So I'm gonna go with watch. I'm saying, save you on Williams from TCU, same kind of reasoning. Big bodied guy again gives you something you don't have on your offense and pairs well with CD Lamb.
Speaker 5: Turges got some so I've made it they're gonna use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that too.
Speaker 7: Zach Yep, you lost your running back at twelve. Okay, give me one at forty four and one at seventy six. Give me Caleb Johnson at forty four. It sounds like I think there will be. I mean, I don't know. To me, like it sounds like Hampton's getting more love. I think Henderson's getting more love.
Speaker 3: Quinch On Judkins on some people that I've talked to, has surpassed Kalb. I don't see it. Caleb Johnson's running back two for me, I absolutely love the guy. Third round, give me RJ. Harvey. And you know that r J. Harvey I think is very very much like the Bucky Irving of this draft class. That's a dude that is a touchdown machine, and he's got the ability to create things break down in front of him. Sometimes I can get him in trouble. He'll do a little too much east west to try and create something in the backfield and he'll end up losing some yards. But I just love r. J. Harvey's game. He is a full three down back.
Speaker 7: Vosh, you lost your running back at twelve, give me one at forty four and won at seventy six.
Speaker 4: I think Hampton, Johnson and Henderson are going to be gone, but I got RJ. Harvey the second round, So I'm gonna double down, wool up and just to just to kind of take another similar guy, just like I did with wide receiver uh Jacory Krossky Merrit from Arizona, you know, play one game at Arizona, but both but both those guys, what they have is that they run with great balance. They will thump you at the end of the run. They got big playability, and they both catch the football really well. When I'm when of them blocked. Harvey blocks a little better than than than Merrit, but both of them can work on blocking a little bit.
Speaker 5: More.
Speaker 4: Uh so you might have to put lifty at four back on third downs or something like that. But if you're gonna throw the ball to the running back, both those guys.
Speaker 3: Can catch him. Krosskey mirror.
Speaker 7: By the way, you have to look at you to try and find new Mexico tape. Yeah, except you think he's even available.
Speaker 2: He's on draft boards because he didn't play that much this past year.
Speaker 3: I think he's still draftable.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna look at his last year's tape or look at his one Arizona tape this year and in Mexico. Yeah, and then watch the wash the Bowl stuff, you know, Trimble, Krosky, Marrit got busy and all that stuff. And he tested really well. Brian brought is his text and everybody say, hey, hey man, this is why schnow Bard's got testing well at Arizona.
Speaker 5: I would definitely take.
Speaker 3: Him to Oh he stands on the table for the guy. I give him credit. It's interesting, Tommy, how about your guy?
Speaker 7: You lose your guy at twelve, but you got one that at forty four to seventy six.
Speaker 6: So I don't think Hampton or Johnson are going to be there. So I've got Trevion Henderson from Ohio State at forty four. The more I watch him, the more I fall in love with him. I think this is a guy that can really do everything in His speed is what makes him a game changer. Seventy six, I've got Devin Neil from Kansas. I think there's a smaller guy, but he's really good out of the backfield. I'm higher on him as a receiver than most coming out of the backfield, but extremely productive in a couple of years at Kansas. And a guy who is smaller but he runs really well. He runs hard, he hits his gaps hard, and I think he's gonna be a really good player.
Speaker 2: Kyle, Yeah, I'm gonna go with Henderson in the second round as well.
Speaker 3: I think there's a good chance.
Speaker 2: That these guys will get pushed back because of some of the other position groups of need and I think Hampton and gent will go both go in the first so we'll see if a guy like Henderson and Johnson can make it to forty four. But I'll take the chance. I'll say Henderson there at forty four. In the third round, I'm going to go with Jordan James running back from Oregon. Waltchuck, you said you were looking for Bucky Irvings replacement. Yeah, he was literally Bucky Irvings replacement and was really really good. Led the Pac twelve as a sophomore, was seven point one yards per carry and he carried the ball one hundred and seven times. It wasn't one of those things where he had like twelve carries and had a ton of yards on one breakaway tally twelve hundred rushing yards, fifteen touchdowns after the departure of Bucky Irving, electrifying runner, twitchy movement, runs bigger than his body type, and he takes care of the ball at a high level. He is great with ball security. He can be used out of the backfield as well. We'll see if he's in every down back because he's kind of a smaller guy. I don't know if he can be that guy overall. I think he can, but I think some questions are there from scouting apartments.
Speaker 3: I think he's a great player.
Speaker 7: Late on Day two, all right, in the last five minutes we got here, give me Zach, I need you lost your corner back. Corner back at twelve forty four and seventy six at forty four. Give me Trey A Mos from Ole Miss. I'm a big fan of this guy. I mean, I got now I'm going to Old Miss guys. Maybe I should just picked a different school.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna do the same thing. He's an athlete. I love to change his direction, quick footwork, closing speed, size length, he uses that as an advantage for him. Really alert defending screens, fights through blocks. He's a willing tackler as well a third round corner. I gotta keep fighting for my guy. Jacob Parrish here at a Case State. I love Parish. I know he's small. He might not be in play for the Cowboys because I think they want to play five ten, But he's a pit bull. I mean he's got a pit bull play temperament, very aggressive, comes downhill, he will smack you and he'll blow off up some screens. He can set the edge of the run game for a small guy. Quick feet, very instinctive player. There's not a whole lot that I don't like about Jacob Parrish from Kansas State. Botch.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take Noel Williams and Cowboy fans aren't gonna like it because he may not be at the top of everybody's boards back in the year two and three. They're gonna be thanking hell out of me with that race. I'm gonna gt Hi'm gonna line him up on the outside. I'm gonna move Bland to the inside. And what he's gonna do is he's gonna jam guys up. He's gonna he's gonna whoop people in the middle. They're gonna run slams song. He's gonna be physical, and if we happen to play a bunch of his own, he's gonna be fantastic end zone as well. Some people may be higher on this next guy, but I kind of got him here because it is what it is. Maxwell Harriston, I'm gonna take him and put him in the nickel. I'm gonna play man Inson with him because he could do both and he's way fast, And I thought, so, hey, man, go ahead and go ahead and do your thing.
Speaker 5: Player. Put you in some man with no help and just let just let you chase people around.
Speaker 3: No Williams would love trading camps from Auxnard. Yeah, that's that's a whole home that. Yeah, Wow, that's great.
Speaker 2: I could flip those guys like you could put Williams in the third and Harriston in the second.
Speaker 3: I think you still have a good time.
Speaker 4: And most people probably got it like that. I'm just gonna, you know, run my boy, how I got it, sure, And with Harston playing Nickel, then Bland will just be my house.
Speaker 3: Like that and we'll run it like that, Tommy.
Speaker 6: I got Benjamin Morrison in the second at forty four at corner from Notre Dame and picked, and I'm gonna go Jacob.
Speaker 3: Parrish in the third from campas State.
Speaker 6: I think Harish is is if they take him, that's your new Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot with you similar there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we need to ask some questions about that. That that Morrison's Yeah, I'll get that. He's a first round there's no questions. Those medicals clear absolutely. How about you, Kyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go Trey Almos there in the second round two. I think he's a he's that at that outside X guy. He's going to cover the X guys as an outside boundary corner good hands link at the line of scrimmage, disrupts timing really really well. Began his career at Louisiana transfer to Alabama after an eye opening junior season there had a great year with the Rebels out in Oxford to after that all SEC type of player. I think he leans on his physicality a little bit too much at different times along the way. But I still think he can be taught that at the NFL level. And then I'm gonna go with Jabar Muhammad Oregon in that third round. Yeah, it is rich.
Speaker 3: It is rich. I know, I know, but hey, I got a problem. I think I like the tiny corners too much. But Jeah Ahmed's on my tiny corner team.
Speaker 2: Jabbar Muhammad is my Jordan Lewis replacement. Yeah, that is my guy in the third round. He I actually have him probably in the back half of the third, So it may be a little rich to even get him in the middle of the third, but I think it's too good of a fit. It's too good of a guy. He's a local product, was at DeSoto High School. Uh, played just down the street. I think he's a guy that can really have some success.
Speaker 3: Chileman, thank you very much, thank you. There you go. That's a fun segment, Brian, appreciate you. All right, that's gonna do it for us. I've done this on the Draft Show once or twice. He's done this before before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Zach's over here picking all the old miss players wearing powder blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what can I say?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 7: Lane Kiff into the same all this, They got a lot of guys that'd be happy to come.
Speaker 3: Away with this class.
Speaker 2: All right, Happy Opening Day, everybody, twenty eight days away from the NFL Draft. For Vox Lombardi, Tommy Yarish, Brian brought a Zach Wiltchuck Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman, saying so long from the Draft Show, We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and The Hellas Cowboys Football clubby