Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: EYL University this is the biggest online platform for education, but it's much much more. It's actually a community. Our private Facebook group has over eight thousand members and twenty infinity groups to students teach themselves just as much as the professors do. We have weekly webinars. We have over one hundred past webinars. You get access to MG the Mortgage Guys real Estate Blueprint. You get access to monthly financial planning calls with yours Truly. You get access to our monthly group chat, investment calls, and much much more.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Go to eyl university dot com right now and take advantage of our limited offer blowout sales sixty five percent off of the annual membership eyouniversity dot com right now and become an earner.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced.
Speaker 4: Back drops drop my dropdrop drop.
Speaker 3: Trap. What's good? What's up? Bro?
Speaker 4: What's up? But love?
Speaker 3: It's all good. How y'all doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Love y'all?
Speaker 4: That was good?
Speaker 3: Glorious, glorious, glorious. What's good? Trapping a building hoping you build? Men were gone? We're done.
Speaker 4: That's a fact, man, first and foremost.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Congratulations man, you know it's been a whirlwind for you, I know, going on to Breakfast Club, almost two million views on your Breakfast Club interview, you know, pushing the culture forward and becoming a superstar.
Speaker 4: At the same time.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on all your success that you have been able to achieve.
Speaker 4: But more importantly congratulating.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on being able to educate and uplifts so many different people. Man, we had a networking event yesterday and you know, a bunch of people came up to us, like, Yo, you saved my life. Wall Street Trappers episode I started with his episode episode forty four. I found Wall Street Trapper through your leisure. I got there at least twenty five times. So you have a tremendous impact in the streets, in the culture, and in the world. So congratulations on your on your success. Uh many many blessings and continued success in the future.
Speaker 4: And we are very proud of your ascension. What what what's the model?
Speaker 3: Man? Wall Street looks like us now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: All Street looks like us now, Bro, I mean you already know what you're doing.
Speaker 6: Man, Wall Street calling you personally, Man, you're different.
Speaker 3: You know. The dope part is when they call I call my brothers. That's a fact, you know what I'm saying. And when they call me, I call my brothers like I put I put y'all on a boy. So y'all can head, you know. But more than anything, man, like everybody on rashad, you know, I appreciate that brother, you know, I always said, man ain't a Wall Street trap without ey l Man. I was doing my thing. But there's not one thing that y'all do that. Y'all don't say trap. Trap. I don't care. What interview y'all got coming is trap. You wanta come to this interview. If I'm not able to come, it's trapped. Come get on the line right quick. I'm about to throw your name out there. You get this, You know what I'm saying. And so that's the type of brotherhood, And that's the type of thing that I love. Being a part of the impact to the people is amazing, right, it's amazing. I love being able to impact people. And I love being able to say that I'm an only child, bro, you know what I'm saying. So I grew up all all my brothers who I call brothers. We was all some gangster stuff together, you know what I'm saying. So now for for me not to have to risk my life no more, for me not have to risk my freedom no more. That's the real gangster stuff. So my brothers helped me be better as a man. My brothers helped me, you know, learn how to do business better, learn how to be more impactful.
Speaker 4: Learn.
Speaker 3: I watched my brother put their families together, watched my brother's build a business and be impactful to the world and bring me on that journey. So man, like, with everything that I'm getting, y'all went in a breakfast club before me, you know what I'm saying. So when y'all went, y'all was so impactful. Rashad throws the Wall Street trapping name out there that wind up getting a clip in my mind, it was already prepared for me, you know what I'm saying. So when y'all went in the room, y'all keep the door down. I just followed up, and hopefully my follow up opened the door for somebody else. Brouh. So, even though I'm doing my thing as an individual entity, everything that I do and everything that y'all do always help us tie back in because we all on the same journey. Bruh. So, man, just you know I'm gonna get y'all the same thing. I love y'all, I appreciate y'all, man, And the only reason I'm not a LA was because I had my daughter and we just had to.
Speaker 4: Do that, each one, each one, teacher.
Speaker 2: Man, So let's jump into this before we start, we just want to welcome everybody, and if you're not familiar with what's going on here, we're going to talk about stock marketing. I don't even want to say for beginners, because it's not just for beginners, but just the basis.
Speaker 4: You know, a lot of times we talk very high level and it might go over people's heads.
Speaker 2: So we want to just kind of most like get again, reset the room, and you know, bring it back to the core essence of it and what we what we're doing here is once a month we have what's called open enrollment. So e y L University is our private school. So we have a public school which is earn your leisure and that's you know, it's free. It's free information, which I think nobody has given more free information than us on Instagram every single day, on YouTube, every single day, on podcast outlets all over from everything from real estate to truck games, everything. But some people just need more of a community feel and more of a private education. We created Eyo University and our goal for EUI University is to really have the largest.
Speaker 4: Online educational platform in the year in the world.
Speaker 2: And with that, you know, it's weekly webinar so we do this every single week with his Zoom classes, and people actually get to ask questions and get their questions answered as opposed to just watching a podcast. So we have a hundred of those archived. We have monthly financial planning calls with me. We have biweekly real estate calls an MG, the mortgage guy once again with it Soon and IT, you know, gets questions answer things that nature. We have a home Buyers Blueprint MG, the Mortgage Guys home Boys group fifteen hours of content.
Speaker 4: Everything we need to know about buying a home.
Speaker 2: They have a Facebook group with over six thousand people, and inside that Facebook group is actually twenty Infinity groups, so people actually network and build with each other. It's crypto clubs, it's stock clubs, everything.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something really quickly about the Infinity groups.
Speaker 4: Young man walked up to me yesterday.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna mention his name, but came up to me and said, I want to talk to you about my accountability group. And that was something that we started early on. We broke into the book club said I was home this twelve months ago. I got in my accountability group. Not only in my living my best life, but I'm actually teaching people how to learn the stock market. I said, this is incredible, Like this is incredible, Like that's the type of life change of information that's that.
Speaker 2: Well, real quick because I want to get to this stock but real quick, you bring up Another gentleman came to me. He said, you know, it's so crazy because like when Ian said, like, if you ask about that for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: And they're going to tell you, they say, I'm gonna pray for you.
Speaker 2: He said, like last year, I spent three months in jail because I couldn't come with fifteen hundred dollars worth of bail money and none of my family and friends had fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: So I spent three months in jail. He said.
Speaker 2: I got out and I tapped into EUO and now I got my stock account. He said, I got about to buy my first multi family home and all of that. So financial literacy is life with death thing.
Speaker 3: This is crazy. That story's crazy.
Speaker 6: There was a gentleman who actually showed me a cash app that you sent him. I think seven months ago you and MG sent him a cash app and he said that moment, it was the first time you realize somebody believed in him, and so we put it into an investment account and now he's investing with a group of friends. Like I'm talking about, these testimonies don't just happen. I mean it's incredibly literally showed me like I ain't gonna say your name, your government, but it was there.
Speaker 3: You actually after them, and so did the MG man.
Speaker 4: So to you, it's a whole vibe, man.
Speaker 2: So all of that is is it Eyo University, including our private events. Now, so we had we had a private networking event yesterday in La which we're referring to, and I mean it was so crazy, man. We had nineteen keys there, we had Himpip one hundred dead Alex good Energy there, our boy Shaggy, We had Miss Business. We had a tear Blair Mike when she so just to be able to be in that kind of room with all those kind of people in that when that was only for Eyle University members.
Speaker 4: So you know, we just keep building this community. Man.
Speaker 2: Shout out to everybody that came. Shout out to open the Bay areas in their heavy hat Prinshaw, Shout out to my boys from Crenshaw that was in there.
Speaker 4: And it's just a vibe. Man.
Speaker 2: So this is an open enrollment, long story short, and you get to see it for yourself and if you're interested. The price right now six ninety nine. It's extremely undervalue. That's an understatement. That is forty eight hours. We are raising the price because we are investing in infrastructure, we have an employee, we're getting more employees, we're hiring more professors, and we're just expanding the program. So it's six ninety nine annual and that's good until Friday, twelve am Eastern Standard time for forty eight hours. I'll put the link. If you're interested, we'd love to see you on the other side. So track, let's get into this. My brother stock investing one oh one.
Speaker 4: You would like to start or would.
Speaker 2: You like to meet a kind of profit for you?
Speaker 3: No, it's it's it's cool with me, man.
Speaker 4: I want.
Speaker 3: Can I do uh ten scholarships at five hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: On me? Bro? Gotcha on me? Gotcha appreciate that ten of them appreciate that?
Speaker 3: Ten up. So we'll do that. Man, I don't know how we're gonna do it, dude. We got people in here, we got people in here, So we'll have somebody take some names. We'll get to that.
Speaker 4: We'll do that the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, So so we talk about stocks. One the one man we're talking about understanding that is so we understand that we put our money in a bank, right, and the bank gives us nothing on that, right. And so for me, and that's in the stock market was a way for me to say, how do I do two things? One gain ownership and businesses that I know and love and to make my money grow for me? Right, So let's talk about just from the beginning, right. One of the questions people often ask me is like trap, like what are the best brokers you accounts? Like, let's just start there, right, because you can't even invest in the market if you don't have an account, right, So let's start that. And here's one of the things that I learned on the journey, like many of many of our people really never even had bank accounts, like not even bank accounts, right, So we let's start with let's just have a broker's account. And so one of the things people ask is like, what are the best ones to have? So let's start there, right. So of course a lot of people will go with the TDM meror I mean with the robin hoods or the inn one finances, right, and these are good, these are cool, but they they don't offer a lot of other things that you would need to get in the game and learn a lot of things. So even if you went on robbin Hood, you will see that it's missing over one thousand stocks, right that you can't be a part of. Like one of my favorites I own is LV and Major or you can get it under LV and U y. I can't hear you saying summer Shot, oh all right, and you can't even get it on robin Hood, right, So I preferably Now, I'm not an advocate for none of these. I'm not getting paid for none of these. But I like TDM Merror Trade. I like t the Merror Trade because they give you so many different tools, so many updates, so many so many updated information, so much updated information. Also, what happens with robbin Hood is if you may not notice it, but if you look at Tdmmerior Trade and you looked at ribbin Hood, the prices would be different. So robin Hood has a lag and they get paid for that, right, They're getting paid for that split right, And what happens is you're buying it at a higher price on robbin hood than you would on a tdmmerior trade on the e trade where you're getting those real time results, right, And so that's where robbin hood is actually making money at So you think it's free, but you're paying for you're paying for with everything that every time you buy something, you're paying for that, right, And so that's something that people don't even much know. So I will always tell people again make the switch over to tdmmeror trade E trade Charles Swath Fidelity, right because of because of that fact, the one of the real time trades or the real time investments, but also more access to information, like you can go on te your meritrade and you can you buy a company. Excuse me, you all what I mean to hear that, But like when you buy a company, immediately you start getting reports of that company. Everything that company does, they immediately just start sending your reports on what that company is doing. Right, So now you don't have to look for when the earners report is. You're automatically going to get into it. As soon as that company has a voting situation. You're automatically going to get that information right. And I want you to understand something too, like we're not just buying stocks, We're actually buying part ownership in a company. Like let's understand that we're not just buying stocks, We're not just buying a piece of paper of a digital people. We're actually buying part ownership in a business where we're entitled to profits and assets that that company has, Like we're entitled to that right. Also, what I don't like about the robbin hood is anytime I'm dealing with my money, I want to be able to talk to somebody. I don't have to email you because you don't understand the frustration that you don't understand my concern. But what I got going on right, And again, I'm not saying like, don't do robbin hood at all. I'm just saying theyre are better avenues when you want to take this series. Like me, I don't take my money for fake and I don't take my money to play with you know what I'm saying. So I'm gonna be with somebody. If I have an issue, I can get on the phone and call tdmeror trade. I can get on the phone and call e trade. I can get on the phone and call shall swab and talk to somebody about something that's going on, whereas a robbin hood but you got to email somebody. And that's kind of not my strong point. So that's understand That first second thing is but you get paid two ways when you invest in the stocks. The two ways you get paid is one through cold hall cash, which is dividends. Now, every company doesn't pay dividends out right, every company doesn't pay dividends out but the dividend is now a portion of the profit that a company now pays to you. Right, So let's talk about that for a second before we even go a little further, right, So this is how the dividends paid out. And we'll just use e y L as a company, right, So EYL is a public company. We're gonna speak that into the future. I am going to be like that, like this, he rang the bell, I need to be here right there, right, So we got ey L as a public traded company, right, So e y L. You know, we understand how ey we start understanding one of the things. We just understand how EYL makes money. Right. So once we understand how EYL makes money, right, we want to be a part of that. We want to see are they profitable, are they not profitable. If they aren't profitable, we want to see how long will they be profitable. So that's one of the things about having was called the earnings report or earning statement. Right. So the company comes in and the company EYL tells us, look, y'all, we're not profitable right now, but we will be profitable in three to five years, we will be profitable, and uh, we'll be profitable. And they give us a time spent on when we're gonna be profitable, right. And so when they do that, now we can say, okay, since you're not profitable, what is the expectations on how you're going to become profitable? Right? So no company can pay dividends if they not gonna be profitable, right, So this is what we're gonna do if EYL was profitable, and they say, okay, we're gonna pay everybody who invested in our business these dividends.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So let's say in this quarter three months EYL says we're going to declaratividend of fifty cent per share. Right. So now what happens is let's say they made one hundred thousand dollars this quarter. They take fifty thousand dollars and say, yo, fifty thousand dollars, we're gonna pay bills with. Right, we got fifty thousand dollars remaining, We're gonna take thirty twenty thousand dollars and put that up to the side. That's we're gonna use that to acquire other businesses, acquire you know, make other investments. Right, and we're gonna take the thirty thousand and break that down and pay that to our investors. That makes sense to everybody. So now what we're doing now is we're gonna take that fifty cent and pay that to every investor, which you equals are two dollars a year, or you hit the term per share, or you hit the term annually. So EYL would pay two dollars annually per share, or they will pay fifty cent per share per quarter. If y'all feel what I'm saying right now just so far, just say we trapping? If that makes sense to y'allo. Did we give them fair wanting that trapping attire was required?
Speaker 4: Is we trapping? Trapping?
Speaker 3: Come on, there we go. Now we're talking. Get fun tire. You ain't tell them. I have to tell him bad. That's my back. I thought I was with them, like the trappers be already knowing we know, for god, I'm with the earn and so don't they got to get introduced to me exactly exactly.
Speaker 8: Look and some of the tubers they're not really familiar, so I gotta let them know. In advanced trapping, tire is a quiet earners, y'all know how it is worse. Don't play yourself forward yourself get ready, my bad, my bad, I'll be I ain't.
Speaker 3: I gotta start coming back because it's been a while since.
Speaker 4: I bet that's what it is. That's what.
Speaker 3: Wow. Like I've been lett my bros like go crazy. They ain't gone crazy. So I've just been like like, okay, like so listen, let me say this before we're going further. You're like, so let me say this. This is this is this is clutch. Right. So I'm not a financial advisor, right, Everything that I say is for education and entertainment purposes. Own right, know that in order to be a great investor, you must learn how to mitigate the risks. You must understand the pros and cons that comes with investing. Right, I am not a financial advisor, but I know him about the name of Rashad one part of the leisure family. He can take to glory. I can only take you. Now we trapping, Now we trapping. It's been a minute, right, so uh, let's talk about that when it comes to dividends. Right, So let's just get to that part first. Remember there's two ways that we can get paid, right. The first rad is through dividends. Right, so we understand the dividends is the co hall cast that every that not every company, but dividend paying companies paid to their investors. Right. So here's the thing. Every company doesn't pay dividends, y'all. Every company doesn't pay dividends. But just because the company doesn't pay dividends doesn't mean it's not a great company. Think about your facebooks, think about your Amazons, think about your Googles, think about your testaments, think about your Netflix. We can go on and so forward. What happens is when a company doesn't pay dividends, what they'll do is instead of paying that cold hall cash to you as an investor, they take that money, pour it back into the business and then you get the reward of seeing your equity grew in the business. Right, I see a question what makes a company decide whether or not they pay dividends? Let me answer that question of y'all, dontlind. So what happens is a company will gets a certain state or a certain level where they feel like, yo, growth isn't as much as it was early on. Right. So Amazon has so much growth in it it probably wouldn't pay a dividend for the next ten twenty years, right, ten years or something like that. Right, But Apple has been around so long they still have growth, right, and they feel like, Yo, you know what, we want to reward our investors for this. Now, what you'll see is two of the things I look for just to get y'all in this, and I won't to take y'all law. When we look in a dividends, want to look I look at two things. One is the pay our ratio, meaning how much are they paying out of their profit to us? Right? For me, I would like a company be paying me anywhere between fifty and sixty five percent. Well, trap, why not more than that? Because I'm not a greedy investor, right, because if they pay me seventy five percent of their profit. Then now they can't grow to business like I want, and so I would rather take my money alone little bit in a dividend for more in the growth. Because as long as we see growth, as long as they're adding value to the business, the share price is going to continuously increase at a good pace. Does that make sense to everybody?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 3: We trapping? All right? Cool? All right? So that's where the decision comes in. Right, it's saying, okay, if we were growing at fifteen twenty thirty, if we were going at sixty percent a year and our growth rate has scaled down to about twenty percent, Okay, let's start paying some dividends because we want to reward people for being with us, right, and we don't want them to feel like they got to go somewhere else. Right, So dividends one is a great style of investing, but it's also a way for companies to reward you for believing in them. So let's say we go back to Eyl. Eyl is going to be their reference we're going to always use. Right, So what happens is, right now, Eyyl will be what I would call a young buck. Right, This is a this is a while back, I broke down how I look at companies. Right, so EYL will be a young buck. They new to the game. They got a whole lot of potential, yo. Right, They're gonna make some mistakes along the way, but that's what happens in a growth process, right. So what happens is this, though, they're not gonna pay us no dividends right now, because they taking every dollar that they make to reinvest into the business. And so because they're reinvesting into the business, they can still grow at a rapid rate. Y'all with me? So now check this out too, though, when a company does pay dividends, here's the pro to it. When a company does pay dividends, what happens is anytime you see a market correction or a stock price is falling, dividing paying companies don't fall as much as everybody else. I like to use this analogy. You ever got a butt whipping from your mama before? But then you said, you know what, I'm about to get this ads whooping, I'm gonna go put another pair of pants on. I may never ever did that. I'm gonna go put another pair of pants on. So you put another pair of shorts on, you put another pair of pants on right quick, and that kind of take the blow away, right, so you thought until she started hitting you on your wrists and like, damn, I ain't had no protection for that, right, So that's what happened with dividends. So most often what happens is when the company pays dividends, because they're paying the dividends because they have that cash for that, they often don't take the same hit as it would if it wasn't paying one. Does that make sense to everyone? Does that make sense? That is that we we locking in right here, we traveling.
Speaker 2: And dividends are are not guaranted like they can stop dividends at.
Speaker 3: So again at dividends, so we're looking at this. So now we tap into something else while we're just talking about dividends. Right, One of the things we want to look at is a track record. And this is why we don't want you. This is why that other one made sense about the payout ratio, right, So what happens is this a company that has and this will get a little bit into like financing what I get into with it. But we want to be invested in businesses with great financials. With businesses with a lot with cash on deck, positive cash flow, positive cash on deck, and I don't want to go tool with people here because we won't keep it in that one on one second. But the reason why we want that is because in hard times, what we don't want them to do is cut it. See during the pandemic, a lot of companies did two things. They cut the dividend or they suspended the dividend. The reason being was because they didn't have enough cash to withstand one day. Didn't know how long the pandemic was going to happen, so they didn't They didn't have enough cash reserve to say, Okay, I can still pay my dividends and take care of my business financially. One of the two things got to happen. I gotta cut this dividend so I can make sure the companies stay afloat all gonna take on more debt to stay afloat. You never want those two things to happen. So you saw companies like Exxon. You saw companies you know, cutting their dividends, pausing they dividend, airline businesses, cruise ship businesses, cutting they dividend, freezing them because they couldn't do it. They couldn't burn sixty million dollars a day because nobody was flying and still pay you a dividend, not knowing this was going to take another year, year and some change. Right, so they cut it or they freezed it or whatever. You don't want that. You want a company that's in a good financial state that can continuously pay you that dividend. And so some of the companies you'll look at was called like dividing aristocrat, dividend kings, dividend challenges. Right, these are companies that paid dividends for ten years, twenty five years, and thirty years plus. But we don't want I don't want to go too far down the line with that, right, But that's yep, real quick. When a company suspendses dividend, is there usually a timeframe when they can pick it back up? They can't, So it's now it's up to them, Like when do we get our finances back on track? What does the future look like? Is the industry picking back up? Right? You start seeing things like that. So now they got to make a whole decision. They got to make that financial decision, and that's not a decision you want to have to worry about. Right, So if you're going to pick a company, so let's even say this, right, I want you to know this before I get into the other way. When you looking at dividing playing companies, you want to look at what's called that dividend yield. Right, So let me tell you what the yield is. The yield is simply the portion of the stock price that's being paid out to you in cash. So if the company's dividing yield is seven percent, you take seven percent of that stock price and you'll know exactly what you're getting as a dividend.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So if Apple has two hundred and some dollars and they're dividing is one point nine percent, then you take that one point nine percent and that'll give you what they're paying you as a dividend. Makes sense ever about it?
Speaker 4: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: And let me just reset the room real quick for anybody that has just joined. We're talking about stocks, how to get involved in stocks, how to start investing in stocks at the ground level.
Speaker 4: And you know, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw Market Mondays on Monday when Mike Novogratz when he was on and you know, he's a big cooin.
Speaker 4: Billionaire and big coin bonaire. That's a fact.
Speaker 2: He's a whale and there's only like three whales in America, him and the Winklevans twins. So it's like he's, you know, he's kind of an elite guy. And he was watching what we were saying with Ian was talking about and he was like, I was shoted. He's like, I'm prize that you guys are given this much informational information away for free. This is a guy that ran a hedge fund, that runs an investment firm now that is worth six billion dollars and me as a financial advisor, like I tell people this all the time, like trap, you know, he always he always says that I appreciate that as far as like I'm a financial advisor and he's not. But I can personally tell you that I've been a financial advisor for twelve years and he knows probably more than ninety five percent of my colleagues about stocks. So I say that to say, you know, sometimes we take things for granted, but this is you know, I went to college, I have a college degree, I'm a financial advisor, and a lot of this stuff he teaches me a lot, Like you know, so this level of education, even though it's basic for today, as far as the conversation is not basic. So just just you know, just keep that in mind. So if you can like the video on YouTube, that would greatly be appreciative. Appreciate it because that does help with the algorithm. So if you could just take a moment to like the video, and hopefully you guys have your note pads out and you're taking some notes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, sorry about that, trap, But.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's you know, I always I always when you say that, I'll always be like, damn, you know what I'm saying, because it's what we do, you know, like we live it. We we we kind of take it for granted, like when you hit me like trap, we got to go back to the basics, like we always have that conversation, like bro, we got to go back to the basics because what we feel to realize that we're getting new people in every day all day. And I'm gonna just be real. I was talking to the guy today I'm not gonna say the name on Wall Street who I called y'all with, and he said something to me, Man, he said, we are now in a time, and first he was like he told me the same thing. He was like, I've been following you for a while and I'm impressed at how much information you giveaway. He was like, I'm impressed. He was like, I know people on Wall Street don't want you to be saying that, like real talk maybe on Wall Street four years. He's like, I know people on Wall Street don't want that to be said because what happens is that puts certain people out of jobs. You know what I'm saying. So when I hear a shot, I say that all not just be like damn because so many people coming in and I still learn. I still learn every day. I'm learning more, I'm learning from different people, I'm learning from different books. I'm just in my brain and so this comes out efinitly. This is our everyday conversation. So for people to get this, man, I truly want That's what trap or tire required really means. It means when you're pinning your path yor like, bring that and if you're above this level, that's cool. This is a refresher for you. You know what I'm saying. That's I always feel like if you as this, this the refresher, because once you gain so much now sometimes you forget the basics. You know, we call that a review.
Speaker 8: In the education field, Hey, somebody's somebody's asking what the share is and so really quickly, and this is something that we deal with with our students. A share is a piece of ownership in the company. And so the best way we'd like to explain it this thing of a pie of pizza, that that pie gets cut into eight slices, ten slices, a million slices.
Speaker 4: Each piece is a part of ownership.
Speaker 8: And so the more slices you buy, the more ownership you have in that pie. And so that that's what it shares. I see some people in the in the zoom the earners are asking what to share is? That's what I want to say, share. I want to ask you a question. We talk about ETFs a lot on market money. They talk about ETFs a lot, but people might they still might not fully understand what the ETF is. So can you talk about what the what the e t F is?
Speaker 3: All right? Cool? Let me say this first shot before we do that. And the second where you get paid with stock is through equity. The first way is vivid in the second way is The second is equity. So equity is if you're invested in a business that probably doesn't pay dividends. But that's simply saying is if you put ten dollars in and the stock goes up to fifteen, you now have five dollars in equity in it. Right, if it goes up to one hundred, now you have ninety dollars in equity in it. But here's the thing. The only way you can get that money is by selling it. The only way you get that money is by selling it. I want you all to think long term when we talk about you got to ask yourself. Am I a trader or am I an investor? Somebody say, don't forget to talk about all the types of stop losses. That's cool, but as an investor, I want you to think long term, and sometimes those things are null and void. Right when you think an investor, were not wearying about like stop losses as an investor, as a trader, were talking different. We talking investing here. So were talking by our company. Hold it. As the company grows, we grow, at some point, we sell, take profits and then reinvest. That's what we're talking right, So that is that doesn't make sense. Family of limit, all this market, all the stop laws. But right now we're just talking buy and whole long term mid term investing. We don't even do that at that right, not right now, not right now, great point building. So I want you all to know that when it comes to stocks, you get paid two ways. One is through dividends. The next way is through equity. The dual part about dividends is you get paid two times. You get paid through dividends and you get paid through equity. So and before I move to the etf ever shot asks me, some people ask when are dividends normally paid? So they're paid depending on the company, they can normally it's every three months, which is every quarter, right, so you'll you'll pay quarterly. Some companies pay once a year. Some people like Disney pay every six months semi an. So you would have to figure out and it's easy. You go to the company and they'll tell you how they're paying their dividends out and then and then some companies actually can pay a special dividend, but that's a whole other thing. So just to let y'all know that right quick, So asked me talk about et s and so for me, I personally feel that as a beginner investor, e t s are a great way to start. I personally own to ETS now, and so it's not just limited to beginner investors. Right, So what happens is, let's let's think about it like this. Let's see and this is the best way that I always learned how to talk about it. So let's say you walked into the grocery store and you wanted to buy a bag of chips, right, but you didn't know exactly what bag of chips you wanted to buy. But we also know that in a bag of chip all there's pretzels, popcorn, crackers, uh, just wafers, cookie all that is in the bag of chip op. Right, So let's thing about this. Each bag of chips are each pretzel, each cookie represented a company. Right, So each cookie, each each cookie brand, each pretzel brand, each popcorn brand, each bag of chip brand, they all represented a different company, but they all are on the bag of chip op. Right. Then ETF is saying I don't know which cookie, cracker, pop competato chip I want, but I know I want one of them, so I'm gonna just buy the whole our that's the ETF. That's the ETL. An ETF is simply saying I want to buy in a certain sector of a market, but I don't know which company I want, so I get this sector. Now, different et s can be for the same sector but have different companies inside of it. Right, So you can buy marijuana ETF MJ. But it may have con chronos, it may have canopy growth, it may have YEAH them, but then you may get YO. It may have it may not have canopy growth. It may have GW, it may have I I, p R, you know, it may have different ones, but it's still different marijuana et s. Right, so that everybody understands, that's exactly what the ETF is. It gives you the option to be inside of a sector that you like. And if you don't know exactly which company you have a which company like you want to go with, you still want to research it, you can go there. One of the ets I personally got in was one p R n T. I told Troy about it a while back. Right, it's a three D print ETF. I was still learning the companies in there. I was still doing research on the companies in there. But I bought the ETFs. I was like, Yo, this is a hot industry that's going to be around for a launch. This is the this is where we're headed at. So I bought the ETF until I'm able to break down and understand all of those companies. The dope part about it et U is this, they almost automatically do all the research for you. So they've already put the best companies in there, the best performing companies. They've already done it. Now. The dope part about it et UP is also this, they will change those companies out once a year dependent on the performance. All what they'll do is they'll say this company is performing well, this company is performing bad, but this company is slowing down, all right, juice. Example, Alesia has the ETF. Inside of the ETF, they got Wall Street trapper, they got Mad the mortgage guy, they got David Shan's, they got every you know, ash cash, the new people. Everybody is in there. Now here's the thing. Everybody will have a different percentage, right, so they may have I'm gonna be buying myself. They got forty percent of the ETF and Wall Street trapped.
Speaker 8: That sounds about right, sounds about right, Going stock going a way up.
Speaker 3: Forty percent of the EATF is in Wall Street Trapper, ten percent of the fifteen percent of the ETF me being mad the mortgage guy. So on before until we get to a one hundred percent. Here's the thing. They may say, Matt gonna kill me for this. So let's say that the markets god slowed up a little bit, he didn't perform as well this year. But let's say David Shans like was increased, like his wave was growing. So what EYL would do is say, yo, we'll take and stearated Matt having twenty percent, will take five percent of our position from Matt and added to David Shans And so now David Shan's will go from maybe ten percent to fifteen percent, and Matt will go from twenty percent to fifteen percent. And so that's what they're do in ETF. They if one company isn't performing as they expected, they'll take position from that company and add it into another company inside of the ETF so the ETF can keep performing well. If one per company is just not performing at all, then that fund manager will take that company out and replace it with someone one else. That makes sense to everybody, absolutely and real quick.
Speaker 8: So some people are asking where they could find ETFs and so etfdb dot com is a great it'll show you exactly what trap is talking about inside of the ETF And another thing that people don't realize is the number of sectors. So there's eleven sectors on the market, and so I'm going to run through them because people always like we talk about technology a lot, because yeah, we invest in technology companies.
Speaker 3: So energy is.
Speaker 8: A sector, Materials is a sector, Industrials, consumer discretionary, consumer staples, healthcare, financials, information technology, telecommunication services, utilities, and real estate. Those are the eleven sectors of the market. And so if you're familiar with the things you're investing in now, or if you're trying to get invested in again, we always say, we'll start looking around you where your money going.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 8: Your money might be going to one of those eleven It definitely is going to one of those elevens. So get familiar with them, and etfdb is a great resource to find exactly what they're holding in the allocation percentages and how they perform.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out, shout out to.
Speaker 3: That, shout out to that.
Speaker 8: You know, we love that right now, they said, they can feel an mg ran coming.
Speaker 3: No, no, this that's our brother, man, that's our brother. While y'all talking, I'm like that, I meant no harm I love I love you. I love you man.
Speaker 4: That's to go.
Speaker 2: That's and you know another way, honestly, just like to be completely honest about it, if you really want to just be really lazy about it, you can google top performing ETFs in the space. So like, even if he was looking like biotech, like you know iv B, Like you know, I'm invested in ib B, and I heard about ib B before. But let's say I didn't know about ib B. I know that you know the coronavirus. Bio Biotech is a big thing. We talked about it on Market Mondays before. No matter how you feel about the vaccine or whatever, it's an industry and biotech is here to stay, and it's only you know, go and get bigger and bigger. It looks like, so you might be invested in investing in a biotech stock, but it might be risky to invest in just one biotech company that you might not know too much about. So now the ETF is kind of like, you know, a way to mitigate that risk. Because you're not investing in one company, investing in twenty companies or twenty five companies. Have a many companies is actually in the ETF. So I always tell people that that and index funds, we can talk about index funds as well. Is the easiest route because that's the hurdle that people have when they get it's like which stock to buy and when to buy it, and then it kind of becomes like, you know, double dutch, like you don't know when to get in when to get out.
Speaker 4: I'm just randomly just gonna buy.
Speaker 2: Tesla because Elon Musk just tweets about doge coin something like that, Like you know what I'm saying. So ETF is a good way to ease your way into the stock market. And then another strategy that we use with ets is to cherry pick like the top of foring. So like the XLK, you want to talk about that strategy a little bit trap?
Speaker 3: Are we talking about just picking companies from well.
Speaker 2: Like so what we do sometime with the xl so like XLK when they have like twenty different stocks inside of it, but their top two holdings, Yeah yeah, yeah, Apple and Microsoft, Right, so you know, like me personally. Me personally, I'm invested in XLK and I'm invested in.
Speaker 4: Apple, So my Apple.
Speaker 2: If Apple does one hundred percent, XLK might do twenty percent, right because Apple only makes up like ten percent of the portfolio. But if Apple's underperforming, XLK could potentially do better than Apple.
Speaker 4: So it's a hedge.
Speaker 2: So now instead of putting all my eggs in one basket, like all my eggs with just Apple, I have Apple and I have XLK, so I'm hedged. So if Apple, if Apple underperforms, I got the all star team, which is the ETF. But if Apple goes crazy, then it's gonna go Yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: And that you know, you know what you can do, And I'm glad you said that. It was like before I knew of et F d B. That's the first thing I did. I looked at the companies that I was spending money with and I typed in ETF, so I literally put Amazon ETF and I saw which ones were performing best, and I said, oh, wait, this spider one is performing Okay, let's move that route. And so when you see again he's invested in Apple. We both invested in Apple and x okay, but another one, right XL. Why I had twenty three percent Amazon allocation? I think Amazon's not going anywhere, right, there's a reason why we're using it. There's a reason why they're the number two e commerce business in the world. We believed in it, all right, Well we're gonna play the singular position and we're gonna have the ETF just for the balance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's and that's always great. And I think Rasha talked about it too, like knowing when to get in and when to get out. So for me, when I'm thinking ETFs, when I buy ets and I the class on it in my group. Uh so for me, what I like to do with you're gonna buy ETFs. So I personally am not a fan of dollar cost averaging, That's just me. But when it comes to ETFs, I think that is a great way to That is one of the ways I do agree with you dollar cost averaging and with dollar cost averaging is simply saying that yours taking every month at you're buying a certain amount of shares in the business no matter what. And so what I like about that. The only thing I will say is you never want to buy ETF at the fifty two week hide. Right, you never want to buy anything at a fifty two week high, and a fifty two week high is saying this is the highest this stock has been over the last fifty two weeks. Right, So fifty two high. Any time you hear that this company just hit a fifty two week high, all time high. Right, you never want to buy a company at its fifty two week high. Always let it come back down a little bit, Let it get a little pressure off of it. Let some people sell a little bit, and then we buy a little move. Let me say this, And this is something even we got into this, we didn't talk about this, how stock prices actually moves. I think that's something before we get into, before we get in, I mean, we got into it already, but let's talk about how stock prices actually moves. Right, So what happens is this? I want you all to know this, We personally do not move stock prices. We won't have enough money yet. Right. It takes millions and billions of dollars to move a stock price fifty cents, Right, So what happens is this? These huge investors. So that's one of the things I study a lot. I study. They call them whales, they call them, you know, elephants, and it's just saying, these are people who buy five hundred thousand or more shares at a time. This is how we this is how stock prices moved.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't care if everybody on Instagram retail investors started buying one stock, that's not gonna move it. But if a bunch of hedge funds get redded, did not do it, and let's clear that up. They did not do it, and it came out showing that they didn't do it. There was a lot of money behind that, So I don't want you to think that they did that. Actually came out on c CNBC and found out that there was a lot of hedge funds behind that. So what happens is this. It takes a lot of big institutions. So when we talk about institutions, we talking insurance companies, were talking banks, we're talking hedge funds, we're talking pension funds. All of these people are the wheals. These are people buying a whole bunch of shares at one time, moving stock price. So we'll go back again. So let's say this now we're not going to talk earn your leisure. We're gonna talk Rashaw, Rasha, Troy, myself, Matt and every Let's say our circle we all billionaires, right, and so Troy says, man, I'm about to buy this EYL stock because even because he owned the company, he can still buy shares of it. Right. So Troy says, man, I'm about to go buy five million dollars at EYL stock. Rasha goes by five million dollars at e raj A L stock. I go buy five million dollars at EYL stock. Matt go buys five million dollars at EYL stock. What do you think is going to happen to EYL stock going up?
Speaker 4: Way up, going up?
Speaker 3: So now what happens is as it goes up, now the retail investors start saying, yo, that's going up. I'm about to buy some too. So now the retail investors buy it. They getting in. But you're not moving the star price up like you think. Now Mad has bought five million shells, David Shan's bought five mill Everybody in our circle now bought five to ten million shares. The stock price goes up. Once the stock price goes up for a certain amount of time. Troy says, you know what I'm about to sell. I'm about to sell my five million shells because now his five million shares has turned to fifteen million dollars. It's time for him to now take this profit and go about his day until he finds something else to do. So Troy takes his five million. So when Troy takes his five million, Rashad said, you know what, I'm taking my five million. Two everybody takes their five million out. Now what happens to the stock? Stock price comes down. What happens now is the retail investor, if you bought in at the fifty two week high, you're now stuck holding that bag because you now need reshored Rashad Troy Matt trap, you need us to get back in it for that stock to go back up like that. Right, So this is one of the ways I'm saying, like, we're not buying that fifty two week highs and we're not following trends. We're buying great businesses at good prices. And if you aren't able to do that yet, then ETFs are a great way for you to get in that ETFs are index fund Does that makes sense? To everybody, we were trapping right now, let me know we trapping.
Speaker 4: Y'all were trapping or were trapping the piracs.
Speaker 2: I want to go to question but before before we go to questions, can you just talk about index funds?
Speaker 3: A yeah, we can definitely talk about that.
Speaker 2: So and just saw some people say where can I get et Everything that we mentioned here today is when when the first thing that that traps spoke about was the brokerage account. So when you set up your brokerage account, whether it's with TD or whether it's with Fidelity or Robinhood, wherever you touch your brokerage account up, all of these places are you can You can buy etf you can buy stock, you can buy a lot of mutual funds, and you can buy index funds as well. So you can do it all for most reputable brokerage accounts. You can do all at the same same place for sure.
Speaker 3: So, uh, index funds. So let's talk about that, right. So index funds come in a lot of ways, so but most notably thank you beautiful, I love you so much. It's my daughter, y'all. So, uh, index funds. So you think about the S and P five hundred, that's an index. Think about the Russell two thousand. That's an index. Think about the QQQ, the NASTAC, that's an index. You think about the Dow Jones. These are indexes, right, So an index fund typically performs the same way as the index does. It mocks that. So if the SMP is up five percent, then the SPY or the VO which are two, they're up five percent. If the nashtag is up five percent, then that index fund will be up five percent. But here's a dupe point. Index funds can also get into like you can get large cap indexes, small cap indexes, medium cap indexes. So what that is is so now what happens is you have mega caps, which is anything that is two hundred billion are better, well more than one hundred billion are better. So any stocks that are worth one hundred billion or more, You're Johnson and Johnson's your Apple, these are mega cap stocks. And then you have your large caps, so these are stocks that are up to one hundred billion, right, so these are large caps. So what happens is you can get an index fund with large cap stocks in it, so it would just be all stocks worth one hundred billion or more. You can get a megacap index fund. It'll be just stocks worth one hundred billion in that one hundred billion or more. And the reason why those are index funds as well is because it is just these stocks in this and they're only going to attract how these index is doing, how these one hundred companies, how these hundred billion dollar companies are doing, How these two hundred billion dollar companies are doing so index funds. Now, the thing about the index compared to the ETF is this, in the index, you can have companies from every sector in l That's the difference an index fund I can have. It'll have tech stocks, it'll have a consul, it'll have somebody from all eleven sectors inside of that index. Right right. So somebody say, wouldn't a large cap index be more expensive? Not at all? How much the stock? Oh this is a great, great, great, great great. I'm glad you said that. The price of the stocks have nothing to do with the price of the index of the ETF. The price of the stock has nothing to do with the price of the index of the ETF. Apple stock may be that thing may have Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google. If we bought them individually, that can easily be a four thousand dollars five thousand dollars. Et up an index, that same index or all those companies in it, can cost you fifty dollars, ninety two dollars, one hundred dollars, one hundred and forty dollars. So the price of the index has nothing to do the price of the stocks inside of the index have nothing to do with the price of the index.
Speaker 2: So there you have it. So what I want to do is go to questions if we can, so, let me just reset the room real quick, so anybody that has joined after we originally started, so we're what we're doing here is what's called open enrollment. Once a month, we have an open enrollment, So EYL University, that's our private education arm to earn your leisure. Earn your leisure is the podcast is, our YouTube channels, our Instagram, all of that stuff every single day for free, free information. But some people need a little bit more guidance and more importantly, a community. So we created eyl University, which is quickly becoming the fastest growing online educational platform in the world. Eight thousand members. Shout out to all the earners out there, and when we do at EYL University. We do weekly classes, so this is like in an insight look into like a weekly class. We do this every Wednesday at eight o'clock. And what makes this different? A lot of time people say, like, what's different from this in the YouTube? What's different from this in the podcast. One of the main differences is that it's interactive, So we're about to go into the zoom where you don't you know, you might watch something on YouTube, you don't get a chance to actually interact with the people that are actually on the podcast. So this is part of it. Another thing is that it's a community. So yesterday we had an event, a private event in la only for Eyo University members and we had my bro nineteen Keys, was Dead, Mike Rashid, Alex, Good Energy, Him, five hundred, Miss Business, Shiggy a Tear Blair, they were all there, what about one hundred earners and it was a private it was a private event.
Speaker 4: We are going to do that.
Speaker 9: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success. Little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live on more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 10: Ernerds.
Speaker 4: What's Up?
Speaker 9: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments. It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready to see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 11: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Nohm, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally, do what's right. Leave now under President Trump America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 12: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security in Atlanta and hopefully in New York too, as long as we can get that off.
Speaker 2: But if not New York, then probably Jersey. But Atlanta's definitely coming soon. So that's the community feel. But we also have mg DE Mortgage guid does buy weekly real estate calls. Once again at Zoom, I do monthly financial planning calls. That's the only way I'm actually speaking about my financial planning business these days. That and then we also have mg DE Mortgage Guys home Buyers Blueprint included inside the package, So that's over fifteen hours of home buying every single thing you need to know. We have a Facebook group with six thousand members in a Facebook group, and to me, the best part about the whole situation is that there's twenty infinity groups, so people get to network with each other. So a lot of time people say, like, I don't have like minded friends, I don't have friends that talk about this stuff, because that's really how you really grow is the circle that you're around. So there's twenty infinity groups, there's a fifty and over club, there's a crypto club. I think there's even an NFT club at this point. There's a stock club, real estate club. And this is done with the community members networking and building on their own It's value. You can't place a value on that. And we're constantly adding. We have our group chat, call me Troy, our boy Francis. We go over our personal portfolios, go over stock charts once a month. So there's so many different resources that we have with that. So this, once again, this is like a preview of that. If you are interested, we've pinned the link sixty five percent off of the price that will be changing. It'll still be discounting, but it's going from sixty five percent off to fifty percent off. So you can do the math on that. But it's a forty eight hours until we change to fifty percent off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I know there's a few people that are wondering, well, I be behind when I get it inside the eyl University. No, you won't be behind. Everything we've done for the past or how many months, almost two years, take months. It's been every video that we've ever done. When it was just me and shot doing classes and to now we have a list of professors doing classes. It's all there, and we have none other than eyl Jana who holds orientation. So if you're new to it and you feel like you're kind of lost, we have an orientation just like any other school would have, like a freshman orientation.
Speaker 4: We have an earnest orientation so you can.
Speaker 8: Get familiar with how to move around the site, how to move around the community.
Speaker 3: It's dope. Did you mention the book club?
Speaker 8: Shout out to the book club has become a therapy club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: School.
Speaker 2: You know, we realized that it's not the institutional school that's the problem.
Speaker 4: It's what they're teaching.
Speaker 2: But if you really look at it, school actually has a lot of good things as far as the community. They have like mascots, they keep people engaged, but they're just teaching nonsense. So we took the same structure that a school has for a fraction of the price, and we're actually teaching something that's really beneficial. So yeah, we pin the link e y L University dot com and let's get to some questions if we can, because this is this is probably the most beneficial part of the whole situation.
Speaker 8: Uh, we got let's go. Let's start down here. Let's start down here, Vanessa, We're coming to you. Unmute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on, Vanessa?
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, how y'all doing today?
Speaker 4: I hope y'all doing good.
Speaker 10: Actually surprised y'all clicked on me. I was just eating a puff right now, So excuse me if I sound a little like I'm munching a bit.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 10: I love it. So I'm just not getting started into, you know, investing and stuff. I really want to invest in some ETFs. Are there anyones that I would recommend for like, like if I want to start investing into water commodities?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually, funny you say that there is an ETF, a water ETF that we spoke about before. P h oh, that is that is Investos Water Resource. So we had we did an episode on on water on that's a really big episode for us. Shoutut to Paula MacArthur. Shout out to Paula. And if you look at p h O, if you look at their chart, it's extremely impressive. Water is something that is probably the most essential part of life, water and air.
Speaker 4: You can't live without it.
Speaker 2: And if you watch that episode, you understand that there's a shortage of clean drinking water, which has made the value of water even go up even more. This is why water is being traded on the stock market and that ETF is booming. If you look at their five year chart, their five year chart is extremely impressive. Investco is a very good company. So, yes, that is that is a water ETF. I don't know if anybody else has any others, but that is definitely it's crazy.
Speaker 8: As you were saying that everybody was putting it in the chat, so it means that you know, earners have heard the information and now they're replaying and giving the information now.
Speaker 4: So that's dope. I love that. I love that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Yeah, okay, I'm definitely looking to PHO. But when it comes to breaking down at ETF and like starting to kind of do your research on specific companies with those that ETF database that y'all just hooked us up with, is that something that you would recommend to like look at to really do your research on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a great starting point.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it right now as I'm talking to you, So it'll give you a great space that you can look at. But don't stop there. Yeah, you don't stop there.
Speaker 8: It's a great starting point because it's gonna it's gonna tell you what's inside of it. It's going to tell you how it's performing. It's going to tell you it's exception, it's going to tell you the expense ratio, is going to tell you a history of the company, and it's going to tell you how I perform against other u ETFs in its sector. And so that's always valuable information. But that's not the end all be all. It's a great starting point to get you familiar with what's inside of the ETF that you're invested in.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, I don't want to break guidelines or anything, but I appreciate youall's help. Shout out to y'all for real, y'all really changing lives out here just with all the best.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you, And that's a thank you.
Speaker 8: And shout out to the flaming hot Cheetos.
Speaker 2: That's another benefit of Eyo University. You can sit at home, eat hot, learn that your own fire.
Speaker 3: M Ma song hot cheeters, what I snack on the.
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 8: All right, Pierre, we're coming to you. Hey, Shout to Paula. She's gonna check in. Shout out to Paula. Shout out to Paula. Yeah, she's lock there right now. Hold on, Pierre, I don't know what's going on now, Perre, We're gonna have to pass on you, bro.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know what that message is about.
Speaker 3: Terrence, we coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 5: What's our family gratings? Canes and queens you're doing tonight? We're good, we got already already.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Just enjoying this, this networking man and consuming all this good knowledge you guys sharing with us.
Speaker 4: Man, greatly appreciate it. Appreciate you. Belove it. Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: Well, I just wanted to how let war Street and ask him how would you go about transferring a ribberhood to count to like a td ameritry to count, because I got both. But I was considering doing it in the past, but I ain't want to do it and mess up my portfolio because a lot of people was getting locked out when everybody was doing that on the fiasco with the game stop and all that, so I fell back on it and I just still got all.
Speaker 4: My you know, share as well or not with.
Speaker 5: The ribblehood, but I'm definitely considering switching it up. So I just wanted to know your take on that.
Speaker 3: Nah. So what happens is anyone you want to, like, you go to TDM Mierror trade. They have an actually a breakdown on how you can do it. They actually want you to transfer, right, So yeah, there's a and everybody has like whether it's TD miror Trede Fidelity choice wise, you can call me like, yo I want. I actually had to get like ten of my trappers they had they wanted to swap over. So you just called them and they'll shoot. They'll give you a breakdown on what you gotta do. In most cases, I think T the miritory they actually cover the feet for switching over. I don't know about you'll swab and Fidelity, but I think that tmeritory covers the feet, so you can actually do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it.
Speaker 5: And if it was a feel, I don't think it's that much of a fee, so it definitely is something I'm considered doing sooner than letters. So I really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Because they want they want you. Yeah, yeah, they want you over there, they want you. I'm not gonna lie man. So I actually had opened up a ribberhood uh account, but it was just to like show people because it was easy to just take a snapshot on my phone. I was like, man, I'm not about to do this. Man, somebody says a seventy five out of feet yeah for sure, like it is, you know, but they have an actual they'll walk you through what you gotta do and they'll switch it all over. You won't lose nothing, man, Okay, cool? Cool? And it was another thing.
Speaker 4: Got now you got?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 8: I was just saying because I heard a few earnest telling us that that that if you switched they waved the seventy five dollars fees.
Speaker 3: That correct, That's what I'm saying. I didn't think it was. I think that's because that's what I remember, Like I remember my traper swippinge switching over, and I remember like they waved the feed right right. I didn't know who exactly was. I told them to your Merritrade for sure, cause that's who I started, that's who my that's who mine's with. So I remember them waving the feet for switching over. That's why I said that in the Awesome Awesome the one last thing.
Speaker 5: I do have crypto currency in my portfolio with Robin Hood, but you know, TD Ameritrade don't deal with the crypto from my understanding, So what would be your your take on that far.
Speaker 3: As just going.
Speaker 5: Ahead and lock will date that because I know from doing a little research that they were saying that you don't technically own your crypto dealing with Robin Hood if you're going through purchasing it through the account.
Speaker 3: So he's doing rock with Robin Hood. He having they having may be having too many snags game Bro, like they did the Master of the Back dud Bro. You know, I agree, business like a little listen, New York, New York. He's got.
Speaker 8: Bro already, man lots hello, Hello you Bro, Yeah, like you want to know?
Speaker 4: So that's all good?
Speaker 3: That's how brother here? What can you do? Shay you well, we're coming to you and man you well, we coming to you.
Speaker 4: Meet yourself.
Speaker 3: You've been unmuted. Appreciate you guys. I've been watching you guys. Every night you came on, try to put on on my fan.
Speaker 4: Too, it too, that's dope. Appreciate you well for sure. Trap.
Speaker 13: I paid you some money too. I got your first couple of steps off your joint too. I spread money out so I got a couple of things.
Speaker 3: I'm a new like this.
Speaker 13: I don't want to braging nothing, but I'm a newly found six figure type of dude.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to figure out well I can.
Speaker 13: Do with my money because they don't do nothing for me just sitting there. So I got a lot of friends that's been doing a little day trading. My pops do some trading, but I don't understand what the hell they be talking about. So my question is if I'm getting started. I got about five to six grand in there already spread out between some bitcoin.
Speaker 3: Some Apple shares, some basic stuff.
Speaker 13: But what I really want to do, I'm listening to Ian and I'm gonna listen to you guys. I want to structure it so that I can start replacing my income with it. What's a good way for me, as somebody that doesn't really know too much, A safe way for me to get in and how much would it cost to start generating some residual like one hundred dollars a day type of thing.
Speaker 3: So you got to look for a few things. Right. So now you're trying to do that, you want to get into trade, and you don't really won't get into investing if you're trying to just start generating money asap. Right, So one of the things I would do is say, and I tell everybody this is like when you heard Troy City at the beginning, like Wall Street looks like us naw, Right, So there's unlimited things that you can do. One of the things what I would say, because you're six finer earned, and salute to that and be thankful for that. Right, just they one of the things you want to start doing is learning the fundamentals so you can start having your money work for you first and foremo. Right. And because once you learn the fundamentals, Now, while you're learning the fundamentals, then you can try to get it. Then you can get into a trade. I have no problem with people day trading, and I have no problem when people get into options. I'm a problem with any of that. But I think you should learn the fundamentals of buying hole first and then start getting into that tradeing thing, and when it comes to generating money, it signs solely up to you. Right. Everybody is different. So I can tell you some days I've opened my options account and I've made sixty thousand dollars right, and some days I've opened it up and I've made fourteen hundred dollars right. And so it depends on the actually trade you're making. It depends on the position you have, else, depends on how much you have in there, right, So every everything is not a cookie cutter answer. And I don't want I don't want to feel like I could just give you one answer that'll fit that I will say, start with buying hole, start with understanding that you see your pastas and trading like while you got your money working for you doing that. Let's say you got ten to say, you got six thousand dollars, right, that's the number you said. Take four thousand of that, put in buy and hold, and then take the two thousand and learn how to trade with gotcha? And that will help you because what happens is you understand that the two thousand that's your learning money, right, and take your time learn it. Understand as you go I will tell you this, when you get into trading, be patient, don't rush, and don't take what's there. Don't make it out what you wanted to be. Take what's there. One of the things that happened with people with his options are they start saying this is what I think it's going to be. This is now a take what's there and move from the front. Yeah.
Speaker 13: I learned that with the Dulge coin over the last I bought that thirty five and then the club.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 13: I had a homeboy that invested in a November twentieth and he bought it a million dollars one point one million tokens for four thousand dollars. He sold it two weeks later because he had lost like five hundred in it, so he missed out on like three hundred grand. So I know how important that money is. And like I said, that four grand that I had just had playing around where I could have made a move like that. So is there anything that you could suggest as like a basic read or like a basic knowledge point I should go to that would enhance my knowledge on that and give me like a good foundation on what on trading or on investment on both like like what you were talking about? What as far as like I know people say you got to be able to recharge, you got.
Speaker 3: To know when to get in and get out.
Speaker 13: Is there like a basic structure you could kind of watch for that or something you could do to kind of mimic that.
Speaker 3: Yep, to you hear the hang of two things. EYL does a group chat. I was in there one day when they have people not explaining charge they do all that and Wall Street traveled community bro, Like, I'm just want we teach it all, you know what I'm saying. So that's all my go to. Like my brothers over here, they have a whole I was in there on one day where they had the guys and they were breaking charge it down. One of the things e y L is good at is saying, you know, I don't know it alls. They bring people in the teacher, right, so that's what they agreed at. I even followed destruction like I got somebody come and teach tryptrom like well, like that's one of the things you do. Like I'm greed at what I'm greed at, but I don't got to be agreed at everything, So I bring people in who are great. I follow my brother's structure. So that's what you can do. Like they have an idea they bring I don't know, I forgot the dude's name. They come in, they show you read and they do the whole and they make it easy for you. So join E y L bro come for me to Wat Street, trapping me in my community. We talk about fundamentals. We break down how to learn the company, how to read the company, how to understand the company, how to buy the discom price. You don't got to go nowhere.
Speaker 4: El that appreciate you, guys, appreciate you, Appreciate you. Shout out to all boys.
Speaker 8: Uh Francis, I can't.
Speaker 3: Think of the name.
Speaker 4: Those guys especially, Shout out to them.
Speaker 2: They've been blessing us the last couple of months with that cheat code, technical analysis and serious there's no joy.
Speaker 13: Come down to d C to man, sure some loved was a vibe.
Speaker 3: Man talk about.
Speaker 4: I mean we touched the floor.
Speaker 3: We didn't even have to dribble the ball.
Speaker 2: We put we put Wall Street traffer on stage. Man, that was your first public speaking first.
Speaker 3: That was my first one that big I had somebody, but that was the first one that scale man. Then y'all left me to talk to eighty people by myself because we had to do like four episodes. Nobody saw that. That's why who episode. I look back, there's eighty people like.
Speaker 8: Show out crazy. I thought that was at that event. That was dope, man. We went to It worked so hard that I fell asleep during the basketball game.
Speaker 3: I was love love with d C. That was a vibe that was dope. Definitely got to go to what that part was. I wanted to bus boys and poors. Favorite part of these You gotta go south Side. Shout out to south I lived there that big chair. Yes, sir, shout out. Shout out to you, Emuel, shout out to DC.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: All right, let's see what we got. Let's see what we got. Let's go to Adrian. We're coming to you. I'm yourself. You've been mute. It was going on Adrian.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah Yo, Thank y'all so much for choosing me, man, can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Perfect?
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 12: First of all, I just got like a little quick praise report with regard to him, five hundred. He was on the show last month and I was able to raise my credit score like one hundred points by just following you know, his process. So I just thank y'all so much for all the stuff that y'all bring into the game.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Mark, Shout out to my boy, him five hundred Him, not them. He was with us last night at our networking event for Eyo University. One of the most dangerous men on the internet. That boys. Yeah, boy is different man, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 12: When y'all come to Atlanta, I'm like five hours away, but I'll drive and definitely make the trip. So if y'all come to Atlanta, please let me know. I will definitely be up there. I'm gonna get straight to my my question. Uh, I'm gonna call you. I'm in gangs with Florida.
Speaker 3: Said, because New Orleans six hours all right? Cool?
Speaker 12: Yeah, but uh, trap, I made a terrible mistake and I got into coinbase as soon as they opened at like just under four hundred, and now I think it's like just under three hundred.
Speaker 4: So I lost my shirt.
Speaker 12: But you said, because I follow you on Instagram, you were saying that you should never get you should never buy stock in a company as soon as they as soon as the I p o hits, and what I was trying to find out is what would you recommend like with regard to coinbase. Do you think that it's ever going to get like back up to that four hundred?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm glad you said that, man, because I saw some people saying something and I want to address this right quick. So I don't buy IPOs or directs, and as soon as they come to the market, just because I feel like I need to get about four quarters of information from them. I bought Roadblocks. My daughter has her own account that I put money in, and I bought it for her because she literally woke up one day because I was CNBC so much and she was like, Daddy cannot own Roadblocks like I own Disney, And I was like, of course you can. So I bought up some shells. But it's for her and it wasn't no big deal. It was just to make a smile. But I typically myself don't buy them and IPO phase or direct. Listen, I think one day I'm gonna do a post on the difference between the two. You didn't lose your money, so I want you to understand that the only way you lose your money is if you sell it right now. So let's let's let's understand that if you buy a stock and the price goes down, what's that beautiful? Okay, I need to turn it down a little bit.
Speaker 8: The same person, why are you telling people about my portfolio?
Speaker 3: Exactly like that down at That's a fact, right, You don't lose money in a stock when you when the stock price goes down, your equity decreases, but you don't lose money. You only lose money when you sell it because now you've locked in the loss. Right, That's why I buy a whole is so dope. So what I would typically do if I was you, And one of the reasons again why I don't just buy IP is out of the gates because first, when you're buying an I PO, one of the things directly, one of the things that's happening is the people who invested early on this becomes the exit strategy for them, right, and unless they're in, they have what's called a lockout phase where they got to keep it six months or maybe a year or maybe two years, depending on what the lockout phase is. Right, So we got to figure that out. So that's normally when they're getting out. For me after three to four quarters, I now have an idea of one how the business make money. I've now let all the big investors you know, do what they're gonna do. You know what I'm saying, They're gonna be in for the long term. Whatever I can now, I can now develop my game plan on that. For you, I would have to ask you, how do you feel about Coinbase? Now? What I do know is when I'm thinking about investing in it, but I'm gonna give it a year. I'm not gonna lie. They put out great numbers before the IPO, like, they put out great number. I mean before they before they hit the marketing direct listic. They put out great numbers. So if you go look back and look at how the company has been performing forty became public, they actually did great numbers. So now you're saying, Okay, what happens now is because they're on the market now public, they now have to open up the doors to everything they're doing, and they also have to give us all the information and so this we build our strategy. And so for you, if you bought into coinbase, do you believe in it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 12: I think I mean, it's the biggest company, you know in the crypto space, so I just assume that it would eventually, you know, take over, just because of the name recognition one.
Speaker 3: So one of the things before you buy a company. So I'm gonna tell you all this right quick. I always give myself. I always have these rules, right, but I'm gonna just give y'all three things. One like, ask yourself, why am I at this business? What attracted me here? Right? Two? Do I understand how do they make money? Three? Do I see ten year growth potential? Because if I can't own a company for ten years and see it growing, I don't want to pay I don't want to spend ten minutes Washington.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So the next thing for you to do is say, Okay, you bought it at how.
Speaker 4: Much it was three ninety eight?
Speaker 3: Three ninety eight? What is that right now?
Speaker 4: Two nine?
Speaker 3: Buy some more right now. So now what's going to happen is this was gonna have you. And I'm only saying that if you believe in it. So what happens is if you bought it at three ninety something and you buy that two ninety nine right now, you'll now bring your cost basis down, which is the cost that you bought it at. You'll bring it down from two ninety eight, I mean three ninety something to about two fifty. Right, So now, so now you'll see profits. You'll now be into profit at two fifty instead of waiting till it gets I mean at three point fifty, instead of waiting till it gets three hundred. You feel what I'm saying? And so what I like to do is with me, when I buy a company, I always do what is called that's not dollar cost average, and y'all that's called averaging down. The dollar cost averaging is something completely different. So averaging down is what I love to do. I buy it, I figure out what a business is worth, and then I find prices at which i'll buy it again. Right, and so, so you bought it at three something, So now I'll have three ways I look at it. If I bought it at three fifty or three ninety something, what are the next two prices I'll buy some more at. So if I bought it at three ninety, my next price may be three point fifty or three twenty five, and then my next price may be two seventy five. You feel what I'm saying, So, now what happens is if it goes down, I'm now bringing my cost basis down with right, So now I'm no longer I can I don't got to wait till three ninety eight to see profit. Now, from three ninety eight to three fifty, I'll probably bring my cost bases down to about another ten to fifteen dollars. That adds up, right, So you find prices to average down at. But I don't. I don't. I don't buy IPOs out the gate for myself like that because I know there's a few exceptions to the rules, and a lot of times it's the smaller companies that you don't even hear about that just take off at the IPO, right. The bigger companies people getting out of that, they make any money they're getting out of that. So but because you're there, you believe in That's why I say, do you believe in it? If you believe in it, you start buying averaging down. And then once you figure that price the average down that you said, Okay, I'm gonna let it take off. But once it takes off, you don't start buying more until you re evaluate the company a year later. I evaluate every company every six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's extremely Shout to my boy Mike Rashid, who's in the YouTube chat is good.
Speaker 4: Kay, yeah, Yeah, that's what's good. That's my god.
Speaker 3: Man. We got out for the link over. He was like, trap you coming.
Speaker 4: I was like yeah.
Speaker 3: When I got my a daughter, I was like, I ain't come. Don't they got a company? Just a mic man.
Speaker 2: Were on Micaero Sheet's podcast, and that's crazy. It's doing numbers.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I just the first day it was like four thousand views and I didn't check it and I looked two days ago and it's been out for four days and we had one hundred and seventy seven thousand views.
Speaker 3: Just community is insane.
Speaker 4: Heavily respected and just a good dude.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: We're going to be doing a lot of stuff with mic, so shout to us. Watch yeah, just watch. Yeah, that's a fact co legends only, that's a fact. But buying buying down is something like what you just explained is something that is extremely powerful. And I actually did that recently with an option. And you can do this like what he's explaining. You can do regular stock, you can do options, you can do anything. And I had an option call which I think it was a It was one forty.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was in January twenty three March March March twenty three. It was a one forty March twenty March twenty three call for Apple. And I was down pretty bad. I was down forty percent. I was down like forty percent, and I put it. I put a substantial amount of money in because looking at the charts understanding that Apple, you know, we felt it was kind of gonna go on the run with earnings and everything. I'm like, I'm already down forty percent, So I put a substantial amount of money. The minute I put that in, it brought me back. It brought me to down eight percent instantly, and now I'm up twenty two percent. So that's a sixty percent swing swing. So it's like, all you take a shot, you might miss the first shot. Move in a little bit, get closer to the basket it. You know what I'm said, don't look.
Speaker 8: Look the reason he did that is because he believes in the company, right, Like, if you don't believe in the company, you're not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't just do that with anything, Like if you down you got X, Y and Z paper nail company, and you down sixty percent and you're thinking you're going you're gonna just now, you're gonna be down ninety percent when it keeps going like it, you can't strictly for live man here, don't play yourself and think like, Okay.
Speaker 3: You definitely got to beat in the business. You definitely gotta That's one of the most important things with anything with investing. You gotta believe in the business. That's the only thing gonna keep me from paying again. Right if you if you guess, if you're doing guesswork, every time it drops, you're gonna pay it. You're gonna sell your shirt if you believe it. Yo, I'm telling y'all we done been down big money and be like how you feel, bro, man, I'm good, I ain't tripping on it all good? Tell him all right, talk to him cool, what we're doing well, I ain't going about that. What was about to do when we leave it up is because we believe in the like no whether it's long time, buy a whole, whether it's mid time, whether it's options. Because we do the research and a homework, that eliminates the panic that eliminates the panic. Now Rashad is just a pessimistic.
Speaker 8: I'm about to say he'd be trying to make me panic. I'm like, nah, bro, we're good.
Speaker 3: Ways, yo. You know the moon is about it's about to come out, you know what.
Speaker 2: That's what I was always taught Tod to my man jam You always said, like, you know, kill the deal. I'm always taught to kill the deal, meaning if something is brought to me, I'm trying to figure out what, how can how doesn't it make sense?
Speaker 4: What? How?
Speaker 2: How it can go wrong? I'm a I'm a defensive player. So once once you once you, once you, once you realize, once you realize all of the things, once you realize all the things that can go wrong, now you're in a position to actually ma a decision.
Speaker 4: But everybody's different.
Speaker 2: Some people is more like Troy's more offensive, like he takes more risks. But you know, to me, I think, I think a good defense is the best offense. And I'm just not trying to lose no money. That's the number one rule of investing.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying the number one rule of don't rule number one, don't lose money, rule number two. All of rule one.
Speaker 4: That's a fact, big fact. That is a fact.
Speaker 3: That's the more perfect way I will say that. We call that. We call that in the in the traffic community. Looking at the inverse of every situation and looking at the inverse simply means how do I understand the downside? Like I gotta understand the downside to whether it's buying hold, whether it's options, whatever. I need to understand the downside because once if I don't know what, if I don't know the dangers of this, then I'm really that's in the blind. So when I invest in the company, I want to look at what lawsuits they had again them why people left the company with the people who work for the company saying I need to know the bad side of it too. So now stuff doesn't just throw me off you we gotta understand that. But because we were talking.
Speaker 8: One to one, all that yeah, future innovations, if they offer guidance.
Speaker 3: I want to know that these.
Speaker 8: Are the things you gotta you gotta look into. It's all places part plays a part in your in your research.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Listen, as I'm talking to y'all, the guy really texted me just now and I was on the phone for them two hours man, and he literally told me, he's saying, right now, man, you're hitting it right. I guess. So he's watching it. He's like, man, you're hitting it right on the head. It's crazy. So I told him to watch y'all, Like, bro, you're hitting it right on the head. He literally texted me right there. But one of the things we talked about today was and we talked about how there was this great opportunity for the playing field to be leveled. So I don't kept if crypto NFTs, I don't care what's coming. I want you to know that the stock market will not go anywhere, right, will not go anywhere because too many people's billions of dollars is tied to it. Right, These other ass these will be other asset classes that just it's like, this is the burger, that's the fries, that's the high c that's the apple pie. You want some nuggets too, That's what these things are. You can make money with them as well. But the market isn't going anywhere. What happens is now these other asset classes present greater opportunities for us. The thing that's gonna hinder a lot of people it's gonna break a lot of people is because they're doing more guesswork than research. You're gonna do more guesswork than research. People often ask me, but trap, if you waited a year for your post while you missed all those games, I was like iron tripman, because when I did get it at full twenty five or round up to fifteen, and I was good fifteen hundred, I was good. Yeah, I mean you got a price all you. I had a price. I had a price on it what I wanted to get it at. Like you can't guess your way to wealth, y'all. And the objective for us is to help no matter what avenue we taken. The objective for us is to help you all build wealth. And it's not because we've read it in a book. It's because we're literally telling y'all will work for us. I'm being real with y'all, Like the stock market changed my life, the podcasting game and investing change Eyl's life, real estate change, Matt the mortgage guy's life. Right. So the information that you're getting from people is of two things, learned and experience knowledge. Is learned knowledge, and then there's experience knowledge. The two together is your most dangerous weapon. Because some things can't be taught, You gotta be They got to be experienced, right. I didn't know how I was going to react. Un So I was down one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and then I learned how to react. Being down one hundred and fifty thousand dollars down, I called Troy, like, Yo, what were doing? Huh what?
Speaker 4: I said?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm right with I'm right with you. A lot of a lot of this stuff, A lot of this stuff you don't like. You say you don't appreciate until you actually are in that position to be down one hundred and fifty thousand one day. When talks about having sixty months of reserves, it sounds crazy. I'm liquid over sixty months and I don't I don't feel safe.
Speaker 3: But look what then Mark Cuban said, if you.
Speaker 8: Got a million, you're walking on the exshells.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you walk crazy, crazy that we say that talking to a billion dollar man. And you're listening to somebody say if you got a million, you on eggshells. You feel me like And that's the mindset that tells you that the world is shifting to a different place. This is showing us that one streaming income is now death real talk like you're you're literally bloody meat in the jungle, right and the only thing that can save you is financial literacy. Yeah, with a company twenty six trillion dollars in debt, Yo, it's a wonder why the man says, with one million dollars, you're walking on eggshell. So we need y'all to take this information. We need y'all to take this knowledge. It's the reason why EYL doing what they're doing. It's not for popularity, I can promise you, you know, like I'm gonna be one, I'm I'm from the streets for real. I had to learn how to get on camera. Yo, I hate doing it. I hate doing it. I had to learn how to do it. So popularity is not the thing, know, theariety is not the thing. What makes us feel better is saying, yo, we can take the information and knowledge and feed our people. Y'all. That's dangerous because nobody else ain't gonna teach us but us. Literally, man told me this today. He said to me, bruh, when you're teaching, Wall Street does not want people to know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So when my brother called me and said, trap cause you do it intro the stocks for us. Bro up Man, I said, that's a no brainer. We can do that. It's cool, broh. So I want you all to take that information and don't just take it, You'll apply it. Use it when him five hundred come teach you'll about credit. Use it. When Derrick Gracie teach y'all about you know, gold and whatever. Use it. When I come teach you all about stocks, use it. When where Sha has a fightinancial planning class, use that. You know why, who knows how to financial plan? I shows the hell don't? I had to ask him, bro I need you to show me how to. I don't even I know. I don't know that part right when Troy breaking out an assessment, I need that Troy, you're a teacher, like the knowledge is here for us to use. Use it.
Speaker 4: That is, I'm not sure. I just wanted to do also, I wanted.
Speaker 3: I wanted.
Speaker 2: One thing I haven't spoke about is that we actually have a collaboration that we did with Trapp. It's the only collaboration that we've ever done in early Legion history. Yeah, the family pack and.
Speaker 4: It's a produced start that's a five star.
Speaker 3: That's the most dangerous body of work, y'all.
Speaker 2: That is a fact. We collaborated Wall Street, Trapper, Legion collaborated this. We did this last year and it's been rave reviews for anybody that has it. Where we actually I did fifty percent trapped there, fifty percent I walked. It's like a literally walkthrough of like how to look at a life insurance illustration, how to properly set up a life insurance policy, how to actually over funded life insurance policy, college savings, custodio accounts. Trapp talked about goal, he talked about we talked about ETF like actually had like the websites that we use personally, like Interactive. It's like a screen share situation all top performing stocks, precious metals. It's so much stuff like it's that's now, it's a college. It's a college class. I forgot to mention that. But we also collaborated on that. So if you're interested in that, I'm gonna put the link for that. I'm gonna pin that in YouTube, and we have fun and we have fun doing it. Tell him so, first of all, shot him started me. I had to go in that basement. Troy house to seventy two albums couldn't eat. So I just want to make that be known.
Speaker 3: Right the last day we feted, maybe the last day. Maybe the last day said maybe three days, couldn't leave, right, pick up Troy kids, everything. But we did do another thing too as we broke down, I actually show you all how JP Morgan and the Rockefellers set up their family trust.
Speaker 4: Their family trust. We talked about a powerful one too.
Speaker 3: And we walked through that whole thing. I talked about a couple of trusts with Shah talks about some trust like yo, like that's a dangerous body of work that we put together. Troy has some assessments on that's crazy. I think it's literally forty two misubles, y'all, forty.
Speaker 4: Two minds busy. Now we got busy.
Speaker 3: We got busy. I felt like it was an album move.
Speaker 4: We were growing them up with.
Speaker 8: I mean, I just recalled like we were just drawing up the tracks, like how we're going to place the tracks? Said again, I'm watching the book. But it was crazy. I felt like I felt like Swiss a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's a classic album pended if you're interested in checking it out. Is trapping with eyl dot com. That is an extremely extremely impressive body of work and it was dope to work with you on that. So so let's let's get one more question if we can.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Graylynd Grayland, were coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been immuted. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yo? I'm so glad you guys are immune to me.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 14: I first off want to say, uh ey l, thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 14: You know, just just seeing you guys, I'm twenty four right now, well actually just turned twenty five, and seeing you know what you guys do for the community command you one hundred percent, so I wanted to go back to something that and also Wall Street Chopper, I appreciate you too as well, because I'm just starting to learn about stocks. I'm in real estate right now in Charlotte and also getting into crypto and kind of redoing my finances right now.
Speaker 3: I got rid of my car note and bought a car outright to get.
Speaker 14: Some more money back into my you know, my savings with what I save every month, So I'm kind of diversifying. So I'm starting to, like I said, invest in crypto real estate and then from a stock aspect, you know, starting out, what do you think you know a percentage should be for you know myself, you know, just starting out from investing, because I know Rashad you say out the time, Uh, you know your portfolio is about ten percent of crypto. So I was just trying to see, you know, from a stock aspect, what do you think you know, Wall Street trapper, you know what that should be?
Speaker 3: So how much of your portfolio should be in crypto? I was sorry with texting my mind, Oh no in stock.
Speaker 14: So right now I'm doing about ten percent in crypto and then you know I'm saving uh you know a good amount too. And then I just brought a whole life insurance policy too. So so it it depends on to invest themselves. I'm not a financial advisor. Everything that I say it for entertainment, education, purpose.
Speaker 3: On right, understand Chris, that's involved, right, I know the financial advisor shat he can take the glory. I can only take you to the trap house. You feel all right? So what I do think is one thing you have to do is identify your goals, right, that's important. Identify what are your goals? What do you want? Each asset class to do for you. That's important because every asset class performs different depending on the economy, depending on the market cycles. Everything performed different. So the one thing you got to do is say what are my goals? Like? What am I trying to do? There is no cookie cutter approach my portfolio for Shan's portfolio, Troy's portfolio. You heard it. We're all different, right. Shot is more defensive, Troy is more aggressive. So in every investment they make, they're going to take different approaches. So I think one of the things you have to figure out is which as the class you want to work most for you. The reason why I would tell you stocks is because I'm the stock guy. That's what I love to do. And when I looked at the most wealthiest people in the world, I saw that sixty percent of them, I mean, I'm sorry that much, eighty percent of them had sixty percent of their wealth in stocks. So for me, I just followed the blueprint that I already saw. When I saw that majority of the oroath to people had their money in stocks, I went stocks. And when I realized the dude who told me that wealthy people the first thing they do is do stocks, they own the business. Then they get into real estate. I started stocks, I got into stocks, I started my business. Now I'm on pace of trying to get one hundred dollars with my brothers. You know what I'm saying. So to goal for me was stocks first. So my portfolio right now is ninety percent stocks, ten percent cryptoild. Until I get real estate, my portfolio will shift. But for me, I want stocks to do the heavy lifting. You know, So what do you want to do the heavy lifting? You know what I'm saying. And so for me, when I looked at turns, and again, I am not against real estate. Let me say that first and foremost, when it came to returns, stocks were better. When it came to being able to leverage more, and real estate became better, leveraging more and tax benefits, real estate was better. So for me, I wanted stocks to do the heavy lifting right now, and then I'll personally use real estate as a leverage tool and as a tax tool. So I understood how I want my portfolio to work for me. So that's the way I work it. So and I hope that health.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and so when you say you do the heavy lifting, so right now, I'm looking at stockings more so like in just another vehicle.
Speaker 3: Or a long term hold essentially.
Speaker 14: And so that's what you mean by you saying that heavy lifting, Like that's doing most of your heavy lifting from a long term hold aspect.
Speaker 3: No, so what I want to do lift, So it's everything. So when I say heavy lifting, I mean whether I'm doing options, whether I'm doing mid or long term investing. Stocks is my vehicle of choice. Okay, you know what I'm saying. So when I say heavy lifting, So if I'm doing long term investing, it stocks. When I'm doing options mid to you know, six months to a year, it stocks. When I'm you know, passive income later on for dividends, Like my goal is to generate a million dollars a year by time I'm fifty from dividends, right, Like, so I set up a whole dividend portfolio that much just be pumping money into forever. Right. And so when I say that I want the heavy lifting stocks is doing my heavy lifting. Also because I don't understand real estate as much just yet you feel what I'm saying, Like, that's why I got a mat, That's why I learned from real estate people. But even stocks is my goal to So that's going to do majority of the heavy lifting for me. Real estate will be next, and then crypto is a part of it as well. But so that's how my that's how my portfolio is going to be set up. Stocks is going to do majority of the word for me. No matter what level I'm on again, whether it's options, whether it's buying hole, whether it's dividends, Stock's gonna do the heavy heavy lifting because the returns for me were better, Like I can get those returns in crypto and the stocks and then options for me better than that real estate. But with real estate, I'm gonna be able to take equity out of this home, go get another piece of property, the defer that tax. You know what I'm saying. So now, how to use your portfolio or how you again, what do you want the heavy lifting to do? And what are your goals? That's how you build your portfolio the wealth. Okay, yeah, and that definitely makes it. That was a class Just yeah, appreciate appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, we haven't said downlines in a while.
Speaker 3: No, well we're not going to do that to your grand but appreciate you bro.
Speaker 2: For sure, appreciate you, but yeah, ten ten percent is actually what I have in crypto too in my portfolio. But trap on, thank you, mayn I really appreciate it. Before we leave, just to let people know. So what we're gonna do with the scholarships, because I was thinking about it, and you know, we've done scholarships before, but I met three people this weekend that were college students. That was an Eyo university, and we got to look out for everybody, but I feel like, you know, we got to make sure that we look out for young people. So what I want to do is I want to give ten ten scholarships away to anybody, to.
Speaker 4: People at HBCUs. But we're gonna do this organized.
Speaker 2: It's not just going to be your email, So don't even waste your time because.
Speaker 4: The chat, that's what we're not going to do.
Speaker 2: What we are going to do is we're gonna connect with somebody at an HBCU. So if you work at an HBCU, email email, infod earned a leisure, if you like work, if you're like a professor or an administrator, if you can actually get us in touch. If not, we can do the lake work ourselves. But you know what we can do if they are in the ages bc U.
Speaker 8: Uh, they have the email from their school and so that email will be there.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, at the school.
Speaker 2: Now we'll just we'll just do it with one so it's easier, like Howard University, like you know what I'm saying, Like, we'll just pig ten students and how you know school. Yeah, it should it shouldn't be that hard because colleges hit us up all the time to speak and stuff like that. So we can just you pick one school and we can pick ten students at that school and we'll give we'll give them scholarships. Ten scholarships to college students at each BCU school and we'll do it like that for the So once again, thank you for that, and that is courtesy of mister Trap. Actually will match it. We'll match it. Trap Trap will do ten, We'll do ten, So we'll do twenty. We'll do twenty scholarships for HBC school students. But like I said, it's going to be organized, it's not going to be I to Howard, how old are you? Forty seven? No disrespect anybody that goes to hell, it's forty seven. Now we're not playing that game. But once again, thank you for your time.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 2: If anybody watched this, if you are interested in joining ewy and University once again, we do this every single week. We have over one hundred archived classes like this where you get to interact with the professor and we cover everything from real estate to credit, to legal issues to anything you need to think of we cover. But the difference between the podcast, YouTube and EYL University is that it's a community. Once again. We have infinity groups where people learn from each other. We have a crypto club, we have a real estate club, we have a stock club. Home Buyers Blueprint is included MG the mortgage guys. Home Buyers Blueprint our Facebook group private six thousand members. We have private events. We just had our first private event yesterday in La. Over one hundred and fifty earnings came out. We had my boy nineteen Keys was dead, Mike rashid Alis good energy him, five hundred, Miss Business, Shiggy a Tear Blair Us and you got to network Atlanta. Of course we're gonna do something bigger in Atlanta. And you know all of our friends living Atlanta, so you already know what kind of vibe that's gonna be.
Speaker 4: That's just off the brip, bro, that's off the rip.
Speaker 2: You know all of our friends living in Atlanta, including mister Trapp, So you did hello, you already know how that goes, man, and you know on and on and on ey l University. If you are interested, is sixty five percent off right now? That will go to fifty percent off in two days. So yes, yeah, Tom is limited on that. And then trapping with El, Trapping with EYL is separate from that. That is Wall Street Trappers course, who we collaborated on with fifty to fifty on that as far as on the production side, but that's our only collaborative. That's the only not to say that we won't work with other people, but if we did work with somebody, it just made sense to work with Trap. Our history is like you know, it's like Kobe and it's like Kobe and shack Man, like you know, anytime we get together, it's always it's always a massive it's always a magical moment. So it just made perfect sense for us to do that. If you're interested in that, that is pinned on YouTube. Trapping with Eyo dot com. So yeah, man, I hope you guys apply this information most importantly. That is the most important thing. And once again this was done to just bring it back to the basics. And you know a lot of times we might you know, talk at a fast pace. So sometimes it's just good to have a refresher course. Even if you are investing, sometimes you need to just revisit the basics. And one thing about Wall Street, he does a great job at making things that's complicated extremely easy to understand. Somebody ran up on me yesterday from Sure and it was like they was talking. They was like going on and on and on about everything, and they was like compound interest. There was like the eighth wonder of the world. The man who the man who doesn't. The man who understands it will benefit the man that doesn't understand it will pay forever.
Speaker 4: Big trap. So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So they tapped they tapped in with trap man all over the country.
Speaker 4: Man. Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, But like to tell what would you like to tell people?
Speaker 3: Man? I just want to you know, I always go on these rants, but I ain't going to random man. I just want to say, like this, this, y'all could have been anywhere in the world. But y'all chose to be here with us, Yes, sir, the best place you can be man between E Y L. Wall Street, Trapper, the other people that's putting our great information. That's what you need to be at your life. Financial literacyre is gonna say you don't get there all at once because we ain't get We didn't get into the positions we work in overnight. Be patient, be dedicated, keep learning right, that's what's going to take us out of here. Yo. Like turn your last name to an asset. That's a real statement that I live by. And what that simply means is how many rich and wealthy families You don't know how they got their money, but you just know they wealthy. Their name is associated with money that didn't happen for one person. That happened from one person getting the knowledge that happened for one person getting the game that happened from one person saying, Yo, I ain't my family ain't about to be poor no more. And then once they got it, they implemented and they wrote it down. One of the things I call them is family SOPs that we now have to do everything that we do when it comes to investing, we have to write that down because we can't just keep it here because it's something happened to us today. Tomorrow we die with the information. We write it down, We make a blueprint of it. How much you know right quick? I probably have about sixty overs, y'all. I never stopped reading. I never stopped writing. Everything I do, I write it down, y'all. Like, write it down. Put it down so your family can read it. So your adult my daughter can read it. Give them the knowledge. Write it down, y'all, family SOPs. Get the knowledge so you can you can get it. Give it to your kids, your kids, and give it to your kids. Give it to your cousins, give it to your aties. I don't care if they don't want it right now, you keep doing it. Don't get discouraged because they don't want it. One thing we do as a people is we learn, and once we see somebody doing it, okay, cool, let me train it. Don't don't. Don't punish them for not being on it when you first got on it. And you ain't learn when I first got it. I don't want to do it. Nah, You learning your time. Let them learning their time. But keep learning, keep applying to information, join the earners, Come be a Trapper. We're gonna keep feeding y'all. Just getting started. Tourist shot and were not finished until we have the same type of people our people have the same type of energy that they have for us that they have for a rappers, y'all. I told them we ain't finished until that happened. And we're gonna keep doing it, y'all. We're gonna keep being So that's all I gotta say. Man, Just keep learning, keep implementing the information. Don't compare your chapter one of somebody else chapter twenty. Man.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 2: I will be teaching a financial planning class for the Trapper community next month. Just trying to work out the dates, but definitely I'm looking forward. I'm looking forward to that for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man.
Speaker 8: And as I said before, man, we're here to just build community. And uh, even with Trapper is anonymous and ey l, We're not here to teach you what to think.
Speaker 4: We're here to teach you how to think.
Speaker 8: And so when you learn that, it doesn't stop with you, it goes to the community. And so I want to encourage everybody. I want to courage everybody. We always say that, man, you learn something you go to your hood and you give right back. And so we saw outpouring that last night, and so we want to continue that thing going.
Speaker 3: So shout that all the earners, Shout to all the trappers.
Speaker 8: Shot to everybody that that's learning and building and creatively coming together for the common cause of generational wealth.
Speaker 3: Man, we love y'all. You know how this works.
Speaker 8: Man, Reach out, call somebody, one text, one conversation could change the directory of somebody's life.
Speaker 3: And we encourage you to do that. Man, We're gonna do that.
Speaker 4: We live by that. Uh so we're gonna keep doing that. Yeah. So this will be saved on YouTube.
Speaker 2: It will be on podcast outlets on Friday at five o'clock Eastern Standard time. Tap in once again, Trap. Appreciate you, bro, big trash. Yeah, love is love.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced back drop Mike, drop drop drop.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast?
Speaker 4: Easy?
Speaker 1: Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need