Speaker 1: You're listening to I Choose Me with Jenny Garland. Hello, welcome back to I Choose Me. This week, we've been exploring doctor Nicholas Parcne's new book, The Beauty Molecule and how the choices we make show up on our faces. In part two of this episode, Doctor Parcne and I are going to unpack his powerful three day nutritional facelift. That's right, I said three day nutritional facelift. It's a fast acting science factoryset designed to visibly transform your skin in just seventy two hours, without needles, without filters. And we are going to talk nitty gritty about some of the things that are happening out there right now in the never ending fight against aging. I need to get real about some of these things. So let's go back in.
Speaker 2: It's talking about some things we can do. So let's just say that you've got something important coming up.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, like a wedding or a graduate anything. Anything doesn't have to be something on camera. It's like at a big moment in your life that you want to look great for.
Speaker 2: Right, Absolutely, reunion from high school. Right, So you started three days before with the three day diet and just read it. It's just you will look so different.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, anybody that's listening, if you want to know more about the three day facelift, because I'm that hoped me. I was ready to learn all about it. It's it's pretty simple, and you know, it's common sense almost, like what you're saying is not doing these crazy fad things. It's just focusing on the really healthy, non inflammatory foods and what a difference they can make in our bodies and on our faces. What about sugar? How okay, so if we eat sugar, it shows up on our faces. Basically, yes, sugar is sugar.
Speaker 2: Is problems lammatory. And you said, you know, butcher grows up and then insulin goes up and then boom a lost of inflammation that lasts for up to three days. It's just not worth it.
Speaker 1: Like you get puffy and bloady and all the things. I get cranky.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's yeah, that's good. In fact, you know, whenever you see children, people have talked to me, you know, when they come in with because and say, oh, I'm such problems. I said, they get a lot of sugar. Okay, Well, and you know I understand what's going on. There's a war. They're divorced, and what they do is before they hand the kids over, they load them up with sugar to ruin the time with.
Speaker 1: That is that's brutal. It's war way to use the kids. Okay, So if if we change our diet, if we stop eating sugar, which I have done several times in my life, and I'm still on a no sugar I'm not eating sugar anymore now, although there are occasions when it sneaks in there, when it's like in something, and I definitely can feel like, Ooh, I've eaten sugar, because it just changes my brain, It changes my energy level, my moods, all of the things. But if we were to adopt a no sugar diet, say tomorrow, moving forward, what kind of repair are we going to see in our bodies and in our faces?
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you start by getting rid of sugar and you follow an anti inflammatory diet, here changes in three days that you're going to feel and see. And so I work with patients for years, and there are ways of measuring total body inflammation. Back when in the ancient days, it was something called set rate. Now it's sea reactive protein, and I could take that in patients with high levels of sea reactive protein or a high set rate. There at risks for all different diseases, heart disease, answer everything else. And so whenever they go to their doctor and I they're going to get the physical I say, it makes you get to see or protein, and then they'll come back and if it's high, I said, now the antime cemetry diet, and within about eight weeks they can go from a high level like nine down to like like a one point two, which gives you zero risk for cardiovascar problems, a lot of other things. That's how simple it is to get ridy the total body inflammation, and that is critical and so it's so simple. We can do it with foods, modern exercise, and of course drinking water, especially drinking water or something like that. And meditation is really important. So if you're religious, prayer does the same thing. If you want to just do meditation or meditation and prayer, it's all good and you don't need a lot fifteen or twenty minutes. It changes everything in your body, it truly does, and you go to a higher frequency.
Speaker 1: It's so exciting to hear you talking about science and meditation and the same sentence, I think that you know, a lot of Peo people have always thought of meditation as just some woo woo thing that people do in la or that monks do sitting on the side of a mountain. But the scientific you know, the beneficial impacts of it are everywhere. It's so exciting, it really.
Speaker 2: Is, absolutely is. And another, if you have a pet, that really helps in terms of reducing basically tension and reducing your impleammatory load. So get that cat or dog.
Speaker 1: Pet, a dog pet, A cat.
Speaker 2: Got daisy, here's somewhere, and I excuse you, usually sits right behind me. She's a rescuer, so she can't be more than twelve inches away from me at all times.
Speaker 1: I understand I have some of those.
Speaker 2: Thinking about having her drafted to be so much teesier and carrying her around. But I guess.
Speaker 1: If someone wanted to try this three day eating change to see how much better they feel, what would they be like, just generally speaking of what they'd be eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, you know, I'm just such a big fan of salmon, so let me do what I do. I'll tell you what I do. Okay, So for breakfast on them, this is strict and I'm gonna be going on camera and I'm gonna okay, so I have my breakfast is I have salmon and a nice piece of salmon, and then I have some blueberries and uh strawberries I have kind of mixed up and uh from my carbohydrate can even do something. You know, it doesn't have a pretty whole high glycemic index. So for carbohydrate, if it's if it's if it's a low glycemic index, you can do that. But I usually don't do that anymore because it actually makes me feel a little sluggish and I am feeling so sharp. And then by the time that day three is, I am ready, and you know, I was just ready. The way you look, you're so motivated because you're getting rid of all this inflammation in your brain and you're in the neurotransmitters are working and it's like fire plugs are off, you know, the spark plugs are all firing, and you want and you go to it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Okay, So salmon, salmon, salmon for every meal basically just.
Speaker 2: For three days, yes, not the modified one, but if you really want to have impact and whatever it is if you and let me tell you, it has impact because when you go on camera or if you're if you're going visit friends or you're at a at a reunion, I mean just blows people away and they go, oh my god, what if you've done you look.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. You make it sound so exciting, like I have to do it. I have to get the hydrogen water. I have to eat salmon.
Speaker 2: Same well, listen, you know I've been eating salmon now for like decades, all right, and I've really got tired of it. So this is this is what I'm doing now. This is good. I have someone that works in the house, as you know, just kind of I guess person Friday.
Speaker 1: They do lots of things, takes care of things. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He makes up fresh juice every other day for me. And it's all the things, like all the colors, and have this beautiful red juice and I pour it into a glass in the morning. And then I have salmon that has been broiled the night before. I have it in the fridge. I take it edies ay, dounce piece of salmon and throw it in the juice in the blender and hit the button. No, and then I have this drink and I just gulp it down in like two minutes and I've had my salmon.
Speaker 1: I got you are below in my mind right now. No, you drink salmon smoothie.
Speaker 2: Basically, it is a salmon smoothie. And because you know, I'm tired of eating salmon a.
Speaker 1: Couple of dads. Oh my gosh, I just think I could do that. I'm sorry, you know you can't.
Speaker 2: And with all of these vegetables. Now, you don't even taste the salmon.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: You just don't pretty fresh salmon. I mean if you leave it around a couple of days, yeah, it's going.
Speaker 1: To be like oh no, no, okay for anybody that wants to try to live like as well as doctor Para Cone does, take salmon and make it into smoothie. This is so you've never heard this trick before anywhere else. I don't think you guys.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well, if I'm walking around streets and the throwing that over, you know what happened.
Speaker 1: I will be standing there with my signs free doctor paracne.
Speaker 2: What do you think that save me? It's so much time and I don't have to chew it. You know, it's just great.
Speaker 1: You were just like you're so excited about all of this that it feeds my excitement to try it for sure, and notice the difference. I want to feel my inflammation gone, Like I want to feel have a clear brain. I know, with menopause and brain fog and forgetfulness and all the things associated with a certain time in women's lives. This could really be helpful for women my age to sort of clear the cobwebs out and get a fresh start. And see the difference for yourself, like, how do you feel what's different for you specifically?
Speaker 2: And it's just intriguing to me, it is, it's so amazing to do this.
Speaker 1: And what do you think about fillers? What do you think about fillers, lasers, all the things that aren't part of your three tiers?
Speaker 2: Okay, so as a dermatologist, you're incentivized to do these things because you make money. But I never become my practice because I'm not a fan of fillers. Now they've been out around for years and they're not toxic, and then nothing bad happens when you do it. It's just philosophical. I didn't want to do that, Okay, and so I don't I don't recommend fillers, and I think that there are many other ways of keeping your face looking good. One of them is, of course, if you look in the book and you contact that woman doing the mile facial stuff, even if you don't have reasons to do so, sleep apnia it strengthened. Also that changes the structure of your face. You look totally different after a while, in a short while, and so that and when I say different, I mean you look you look very very healthy and younger. And if good essential fatty acids, you actually put some SubQ fat in your body, which you need, and so all of these things just happen, and you can look really different, uh, and you look healthy, and it's it's so much fun to feel good. And I just had my seventy seventh.
Speaker 1: Birthday and happy birthday, and.
Speaker 2: I said, you know, I always thought that was an old thing. I remember my grandparents, like you know, But I meet so many people out there that are in late sixties and they look like, you know, they've been eating sugar, and so this is unnecessary. Slow the process down and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Slow the process down.
Speaker 2: I like those words, slow the process down and there's a comedian out there. I saw it once and it was really funny. I don't remember his name, but he's seventy three and he looks so old. He has a cane and he asked, his whole routine is about being older, and so he was funny though. He said the one thing about dating women in my age, he said, I don't have to worry about meeting their parents.
Speaker 1: So anyway, well that's the looking on the bird side. I like that. God's awesome, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: But anyway we can we don't have to look our rage, we don't have to feel a rage. We can really slow the process down.
Speaker 1: How do you think all of the young'in's out there. I'm talking late teens, early twenties, they're getting procedures done and you know, all the things. It's so disheartening, honestly, you know. But I think in retrospect, if when I was listening to you in the late nineties early two thousands and you were telling me to go get fillers and botox and all the things that they're getting these messages about, I would probably have done it too, just because there are people telling me how great it is.
Speaker 2: Well, they have they have authority figures like a physician, and you're motivated to try and look different and taking a shortcut. I understand that. And fillers are very pretty much benign. I'm not concerned about that. But people are having major plastic surgery kind of thing, and it's not our countries nowhere near as bad as places like Korea and Japan. I mean, young people have their entire faces redone and drawlines shaved down and they all look like perfect little dolls. But it's not them.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I mean, I just think it's so important the conversations that we have because people like you, people like even me, can be very persuasive to other people, and you know, we want to know that we're giving out good information and not just you know, like you said, docs dermatologists get paid to put more money to put to give you that filler. They're incentivized. So I just think it's so important for us to be providing the right guidance. And also, you know, you talk about in your book the Search for the Fountain of Youth and how these these things are basically components of the Fountain of Youth.
Speaker 2: But it really comes down to just anti inflamatory diet. Yeah, waterate, exercise, drink enough water. That's very important. And certainly now I'm just say enthroughs about hygroen.
Speaker 1: Water what it could do that is so exciting.
Speaker 2: The hydrogen water very important. You've kind of life meditation or prayer, whatever it is, You've got to have some time down time. It's going to really help prepare a mitochondria. And then just fish around your bran and pull that mission up. I know it's sitting there and understand that. And the mission is take care of yourself first and keep your body and your mind working so then you can implement that mission it goes on.
Speaker 1: I love it's such such good messaging. Just the ultimate I choose me is reading this book, I think the Beauty Molecule and just listening to doctor par Cone speak about all the benefits of anti inflammatory diet. I am very happy to have talked to you, and I'm so excited for our listeners and all the takeaways that you've given us and me. And I'm going to figure out the hydrogen water thing for sure, and I'm going to read more of your book about the nicotine and all the things. It's just really exciting so I'm so happy that you have another book coming out and I wish you all the success in the world.
Speaker 2: Thank it was great in spending time with you.
Speaker 1: Nice talking to you too, your old friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the invitation that gets the word out and we help more people.
Speaker 1: Thank you, doctor Para Cone.
Speaker 2: Thank you