Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shots streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well we are.
Speaker 2: Post draft and this is Mickshots, and I can't wait to hear what Everson and Mickey have to.
Speaker 4: Say about what the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Did Thursday, Friday and Saturday. And we have football players. I saw one football player walking out on the field as I walked.
Speaker 3: They're going to see out there, Bill for phase two of the offseason workouts.
Speaker 2: Right. I had an opportunity of a week or so ago to talk with Brian Schottenheimer about all the draft process, and he couldn't wait until two days after the draft, where they can he can actually get his coaching staff on the field with these guys a little bit.
Speaker 5: So the draft choices are here, No, no, no, these are the veteran guys.
Speaker 4: We moved on.
Speaker 2: The draft is in the rear view mirror. Now now we got to talk, Yes we do, and do we start?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: Do we start with the cornerback or what the cornerback or the guy.
Speaker 4: I'm gone in the first round. I've always said it.
Speaker 5: I've always despected there's no idea what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: Take a guy. Okay, here we go, and they're not going to change him, are they.
Speaker 2: No, he's a guard. He's he did start one game at left tackle at Alabama due to an injury, but the left tackle.
Speaker 5: But they have to you have to answer to the people, man, because you know you've been that's right walking against.
Speaker 4: It and here we are, man, And it got in a good one too.
Speaker 3: Well. I guess here's the deal. They follwed their board right, the board they filed, how they had the players rated, you know, for a little bit, deliberated trading down. But it was with Houston and they're at twenty five. You can't do that, yeah, And they certainly weren't getting enough to encourage them to do that. I mean, if you're drafting a twenty five, you're taking a second round player.
Speaker 2: So but really, the only way I guess Houston, if I was just trying to do the math on it, to move up that far, they would have had to have been offering to make it work on the trade value chart, they would have to be giving up their second and their third right to move up or a first next year.
Speaker 3: And I and I saw where even a second and a third the Cowboys were going to come back by on the point chart minus fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then it would be a second, a third and some fit right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they didn't want to give up all that. So and they so, I'm gonna nobody else traded up.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to assume if they were, they were offering a future one.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, I would think so to move.
Speaker 2: Up thirteen spots.
Speaker 3: So they drafted their board. That's where they had this guy ranked. And uh, all I know is I'll see if I have.
Speaker 2: It on it.
Speaker 5: You should you should that it should be like I know so much, you should shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Well, all I know is this, I'm looking for more information.
Speaker 2: You sound like you're convinces prad.
Speaker 3: All I know is and I didn't watch any tape of the guy beforehand or anything. But he comes in with his family for the press conference, right, and I'm sitting there and I got in their late, so I'm sitting on the side and the family came in and I had to move over one seat right, so sisters, whatever, aunt, mom and dad, brother, And he starts this press conference and we were probably I don't know, five minutes in or so, and I wrote down on my notes, is this guy for real?
Speaker 2: Just like that?
Speaker 3: And then later I wrote, I don't think I've ever heard anybody handle himself so well at a press conference. I said, now, if he can play, they hit the ball out of the park with this guy. He was just he was so impressive, handled himself with such class, how he talked, what he said, what he said on the conference call. And somebody asked him, can you play you know, right guard? You were playing left guard. He goes, I can play football, He goes, I can play either side. They want me to play defensive end, I'm playing defense, then linenbacker, full back, whatever they want. I want to play football.
Speaker 2: Well, and he said, I think he had twenty six starts at left guard. He said there were games though, where they would switch where he would play right guard too. Even though he started the game at left guard, he would flip over and play right guard at times. What would be the purpose of that, I don't know. Maybe it's opponent, Maybe the opponent's lining up a monster over here on the left side of their defense, and they.
Speaker 5: Want, this is where we're going to run the ball. Yeah, that's right over there on that side.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe that something like that. But he said that's what he said too, So he does have some experience, right.
Speaker 5: And see, I've always you know, I argue about that, well, he can only play left guard. It's like saying I can only play left side, left corner. You play well, you play you know as a dB. I'm going to go in motion with that guy. I'm not the right corner anymore. I'm a left corner because the receiven brought me over there. If you have offensive lineman, you should be able to play both sides. I just I never thought that was a big deal, but obviously it is.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad he can.
Speaker 2: You know who I bet it's elated with this pick Nate.
Speaker 3: And I was told this was the guy he wanted.
Speaker 2: And Tyler Booker is going to hit it off big time with natean for a thing.
Speaker 3: He understood the history of the Cowboys. He knew about Larry Allen, he knew about Zach.
Speaker 2: Martin well, and I told him about Nate Newton.
Speaker 3: And you told stuff.
Speaker 2: I also told him about John Nylon blame Nye, and.
Speaker 3: Her realized, this is only the third time they've taken a guard in the first round, a true guarden, and or what fourth time Nylon, Larry Allen, Zach Martin and then this guy. So Nylon was like the sixth pick in the sixty sixth drive, So you have to go back. So they're reasoning, and when I heard it put this way, I think I understood. Number One, if you were going to replace Zach Martin and what you're used to having at right guard, you don't just want a guy there right you You want to try to replace the quality of Zach Martin if it's possible, no doubt. Number Two, the other thing they pointed out is the competition they have to face in the NFC East with all those big slobber knocker defensive tackles, you know, Philadelphia and the Giants Washington. That they needed to be strong in the middle if they were going to take on these.
Speaker 5: Guys, which is what we are known to be. Right That's that's when we're at our best as an organization. We're strong right where we need to be strong right now.
Speaker 3: And if you're strong, there chances are your running backs will have a chance, your quarterback in the pocket, and your wide receivers might be able to And I went back to the interview I did with Jason Garrett when Zach Martin retired, and he and that was his his word. He goes, if you're not strong upfront, doesn't matter how good the quarterback, running back, wide receiver is, You'll never see their talent.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 3: If the offensive line is not.
Speaker 5: Strong, offensive line travels, well, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: It's playoff football. It's road football.
Speaker 3: And this is exactly what Who.
Speaker 2: Are the top teams in the NFC last year? The NFC last year?
Speaker 3: Who Detroit and Lions?
Speaker 2: Look at their offensive linds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at their running backs, both of them.
Speaker 3: So uh And that's exactly what this is a fact similar of what Jason did right his three of his first four first round picks when he became head coach or offensive line And now they've done the same thing, you know.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is, especially when you're replacing a guy like Zach Martin, who was a first round draft pick in future Hall of Famer, Okay, if you're looking to really upgrade your offensive line, you look across the board across the league, and sure there are fourth and fifth round, sixth round offensive lineman who eventually becomes starters. But as far as difference makers on the offensive line, I don't care whether it's a tackle or a guard. It's got to be a first or second round draft pick usually, right, you.
Speaker 4: Don't usually miss those, That's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: No, they don't.
Speaker 2: You can miss on them. You can miss on them, is just very hard to find. They go faster, you know, the really good ones. And in fact, in this draft, the other guy that I think the Cowboys probably had their eye on if they did not take an offensive guard or a tackle who can play offensive guard to start his career in the first round, would have been and helped me with the pronunciation on this, Well, no one in this room can you with that, Jonah Savaia and Nayah Okay. He would have been a second round guy. Well, he would not have been available for the Cowboys in the second round, as it turned out, because he went number thirty seven to Miami. And so if you were going to really upgrade the offensive line through the draft, it was going to have to be in the first round. With Tyler Booker in my opinion, and which Texas also to a lot of people out there are concerned that they didn't get a wide receiver in the draft, which is and I but I look at this draft and I don't think it was a very good year for wide receiver prospects in this in this year's draft, where if you were going to truly find a number two wide receiver on this depth chart, you needed to do it in the first round. You might be able to find one in the second round, but it had to be one of those three, whether it's Tep McMillan, Matthew Golden, or a Mecca Buka. And so you had to make a decision there. And one of the and one of the decisions that one of the factors in that decision is Okay, if you don't get a wide receiver in the draft, then what can you do outside the draft and free agency? And we talked about this right last week, and there are at least three receivers out there, and Amari Cooper and Keenan Allen and Tyler.
Speaker 4: Boyd, and I must say we better move fast. And because that's right now, everyone knows what's what.
Speaker 2: So that's the next Uh, that's the next one.
Speaker 4: Either one of those three guys. I think we should be moving.
Speaker 3: Very and And the way to look at it is, once they got into the second round and Luther Burden went number seven, the next wide receiver drafted was Trey Harris of Mississippi at twenty.
Speaker 2: Give me the overall number, not the number of the round.
Speaker 3: Fifty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the Cowboys were picking at forty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there wasn't another wide receiver taken if and then the next one after that was at fifty eight, Jack Best.
Speaker 2: I mean think, yeah and so, but think about it. There were three receivers taken in the first round, and those are the ones that were all linked to the Cowboys that they had thirty visits with. And so missu Misso came here and Miszoo did too. Yeah, but he was not a He did not go in the first.
Speaker 3: U second or even pick in the in the second.
Speaker 2: Round, yeah and so and after that, so he would not have been available for the Cowboys at forty four.
Speaker 3: And again, the way they looked at it is there wasn't one guy to trade up for that was going to make such a significant Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say, what kind of difference can he make.
Speaker 3: Because they don't have a fourth round pick, so it's either a third or a fifth to move up or next year or next year, right, so next year's fourth. So the way they're looking at it right now and Bill is that's the number one choice. You sign a veteran guy on a one year deal. They're sitting there going, Okay, we had a high grade on Jonathan Mingo. How much of a chance did he have last year? When you bring him in halfway through the season, he's our fourth round pick. He's a wide receiver now.
Speaker 2: So you got a fourth round pick in here with two years experience, and.
Speaker 3: Then here's and here's the sleeper. Brian Schottenheimer thinks that they can do a heck of a lot more with Cavante Turpin than how he was used previously. He thinks that they're going to lean on him and not just a slot guy that they've got, and they feel like after three years here, he has made himself more versatile, that he understands the offense a little bit. He even said it, he goes second year, Cavante Turpin, if you told me we were going to give him thirty forty snaps at wide receiver. He did the thing like like an air through his teeth, Like, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Well, they told you that with the contract they gave, right, they didn't. You don't give him a three year, eighteen million dollar contract extension with the hopes that he might get an opportunity to return a kickoff or a touchdown.
Speaker 3: They think they can use him at wide receiver. And one of the reasons why his last year in the UFL, when he was the offensive player of the year, it wasn't just his returns. He had like forty four catches in when do they play ten games? Something like that, And so then.
Speaker 2: We're going back to college at TCU, he was a really good receiver.
Speaker 4: He is well to me when it comes to him.
Speaker 5: It seemed as if anytime we had a play for him, your offensive line has got to hold right, and they were.
Speaker 3: Not give him a chance to you have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we would look.
Speaker 5: For him and we couldn't see him because you got the offensive line, the d line within your face, which gets.
Speaker 2: Back to the Big Green Book scouting report on Tyler Bucker great push, strong maller wide base, Stemy's pass rushers. He can anchor in there, and you go.
Speaker 3: Here's another thing about him. It was Saturday, I don't know if it was around noon or what. I was coming up the steps and he and his family were walking out the side door that upstairs, and he turned and he looked at me and he just left. His people came over and introduced himself, shook my hand and introduced himself right, And I was like, who does that?
Speaker 4: How did they know you?
Speaker 3: He didn't. He had no idea.
Speaker 2: You know what he did in the press some.
Speaker 3: Old fark walking down the hallway and said, maybe he was right.
Speaker 2: You know what, We had him before the press conference. He came to the Cowboys TV studio to do an interview. I did sit down interview with him. So he comes in there with his family and there were probably eight to ten production people that were around in the studio whatever. And so after we got done with before and after the interview, he made sure he shook the hand of everybody in that room. I mean he went out on his own seeking them. There'd be a guy over on the other side of the studio and he went over. He walked over and said, Hey, I'm Tyler Booker. Whatever, and he and he didn't just so that's the kind of Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I saw his podcast. I talked to Spags this weekend. I saw his podcast with with Michael Pasa. Yeah, and I heard that Michael Pasta was kind of cool on the picket first and.
Speaker 2: Then there's hope said on tet McMillan.
Speaker 4: I'll see. I wasn't aware of that, but during this interview, Booker changed his mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he changed Michael's mind and they were WHOA, let's go okay, well, Michae's on board.
Speaker 2: It was when Booker said that his mission when he blocks is to make the guy blocks not want to play football.
Speaker 5: And it was it was a build up the way he build it up, like first quarter is the second quarter, that's right, And the build up is what got Michael going, you know.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't like a perfunctory handshake. He stood there, the people were leaving there out the door. They're outside five minutes talking with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you sell yourself short. He's a tyler. Booker is a student of the game. And I guarantee you he knew Mickey Spagnoll.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is funny though, because he was the story on him when he was born, his daddy put a football in his basinet when they came home from the hospital. No, it's true. Yeah, in New Haven, Connecticut. And then at age five, he told his daddy that I'm going to play in the NFL.
Speaker 4: He's from Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's from Connecticut, would thought. And then he also so once he got into so in youth football, he played up so he'd be in fifth grade, he's playing with seventh graders. And so wherever they lived, the football team wasn't a great team whatever. And so he in middle school, he went to school an hour or so away from school. I think it was an hour commute.
Speaker 3: Mama drove him to the other school.
Speaker 2: And so then when he got into high school, he had a family that lived maybe an hour and a half away, but they had room at their house, and so he went to high school at a different high school because he was a better opportunity football wise. This is all, And he said his dad said at one point, like Mom's goe okay, are we pushing him too much? No, he wants to do this. He's the one wanting to go to this. He's the one that wanted to go to IMG Academy in Florida, and so that's what he did his senior year. He goes to IMG Academy.
Speaker 3: So think about it. I'm a big believer in right. And when you're capable of doing all the things Bill did and then leave your family to go to IMG, somehow you get socialized.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You're on your own, you're meeting different people, you're out of your comfort zone. And he was and it showed. And then he said he walks into Alabama and he compared it to walking in here. He goes, you walk into Alabama, you feel greatness and you better get going right.
Speaker 4: And that facility must be the best in the contract.
Speaker 2: Well, but he was already familiar with the facility. Yeah, because take you back to when he was in I think he told me twenty twelve. He has an uncle who played in the NFL, play with the Steelers. He went to Michigan State. So we went to Michigan State's football camp at age twelve, and then the next year he goes to Nick Saban's camp. And so for the next four years, he's going every summer to Nick Saban's summer camp at Alabama. From his freshman year through his senior year in high school whatever. So he was already familiar with the surroundings at Alabama when he walked in the door.
Speaker 5: I never thought that, you can't, you know, you think Connecticut, Yeah, and you just don't think that kind of legacy about no offense to people in Connecticut and how they played.
Speaker 3: And guess where he worked out getting ready for the draft? Right here across the street. He was in Frisco.
Speaker 2: He's a couple of different times. He spent a week here at one point, and then last summer he spent a week here.
Speaker 5: How could y'all not know he was coming here?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Now, all of a sudden background, all of a sudden, you realize.
Speaker 3: He was here long enough to be able to tell you where to go, where he went to eat barbecue. Okay, so yeah, it's a it's quite a story. And then I can see why if you brought him in for an interview, well he'll seduce you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: And then his talent, because the highlight stuff that Bill ran last night, he just destroyed guys pulling these poor safeties wanted to It looked like Larry Allen right over again, right, And I.
Speaker 2: Love the footage of him and with teammates huddling around him, and he's got his helmet off and he is talking to him. I mean, the leader alpha alpha among alphas is the way he's described And you said a week or two ago that whatever we do, we need to get a dog in here, and he's one of those too.
Speaker 3: And if you need a voice on the offensive line, he just showed up.
Speaker 2: So and I think he's going to hit it off great with Tyler Smith. Yeah, he's going to bring out the best in Tyler Smith too, you know. And now you got those two flanking Cooper bebe at center and the middle of the offensive lines.
Speaker 3: And I think the other part is they're hoping to drag He'll drag along Guiton too, to show them how hard you got to play.
Speaker 4: That's how much you got. Is that that's going to be a nice relationship, right.
Speaker 5: I hope that becomes a very fruitful relationship between those two.
Speaker 2: And there's the other part. He just turned twenty one two weeks ago, and he's basically Guiden's older Geyton though, is he turns twenty four in June?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Oh he's got to get with this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, so so Booker is three years younger than Guyton and he's going to be the one leading.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah.
Speaker 2: And Tyler Smith and Tyler Smith is twenty four, Tyler Smith is younger. No, Tyler Smith is two months older than Tyler Guyton. Okay, but so it's similar to when Tyrans Tyron Smith came in back. You know, he didn't turn twenty one until December of his rookie season. And for Tyler Smith and Tyler Booker, they're basically the same age when they came into the league.
Speaker 3: So so now you got your offensive line. Now you got to fill in other spots.
Speaker 2: The other thing on the offensive line is I like the depth that they have on the offensive line. Now, Okay, you got your guys, and we're assuming we.
Speaker 4: Did some good work last year.
Speaker 2: We still right with brock Hoffman and then with TJ. Bass and even you know, they bring in Sadiq Charles and free agency who started ten games a couple of years ago, didn't play last year, but you got Jarring depth awesome. Richards is another guy, and so there is really good competition of the offensive line. I mean, they literally didn't even have to go sign any rookie free agents on the offensive line, because even before drafting Tyler Booker, they had fifteen offensive linemen on the roster that are guys with experience in the league. And that's how many you take to training camp is fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they did they did good work last year. They did good work last year. So with with Dowdell, good word.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what about the rest of this team. Now that we saw the offensive light issuear when we come back here on mix shots, let's dive into the rest of this draft.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff? Tailgate's going way past post game Sunday night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 7: Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Light and the cool America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 2: Miller Light, the.
Speaker 6: Only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 3: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store?
Speaker 2: Letter rip Troy?
Speaker 8: All right, folk, let's get started with Yeddi French Press and Georgkalber This State's Hot Friurs and French Press thirty four ounds for U six four with the cruise of Yetty French Press, mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs and Ersta Waterproof doubles, water Prove bay bag sports mostly water.
Speaker 2: Should get a waterprove Yetti bag glass.
Speaker 8: Smell something cooking New cash Iron skillets make to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a statek cornbit comperence pot pine potatoes, next over well three size of the Yetty cast Iron.
Speaker 2: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts.
Speaker 9: Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Scott keeps it slide for the first down.
Speaker 10: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto. With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw my goodness, Wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 5: Shuts get excited for the most dazzling DCC experience yet.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on Tour is.
Speaker 5: Coming to a theater near you, So your excuse though SPACs witness live performances, enjoy an on stage Q and a session, and even be part of a live audition if you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, or El Paso, Marca. Calendar for dates and tickets, visit Dallascowboys Cheerleaders dot com slash tour.
Speaker 2: All right, I just stepped outside and looked out on the practice field, and see those players out there, the veterans out there, how many of them are concerned this week after the draft. Well, I'm out here today.
Speaker 3: All I remember is all the times when they would bring in they used to bring in the rookies, like two weeks after the draft, the two weekends, not the immediate weekend, but when they brought them in the immediate weekend, the veterans would be here working out and they'd all be out there watching practice with the rookies, uh, taking part. And they'll be here this weekend, by the way.
Speaker 2: And so it is this weekend, yes, okay, all right. So at the we we talked about the first round. We're going to take it in order go to the second round?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: Or why not?
Speaker 2: There's one thing about many of these draft picks. You don't need to buy a vow.
Speaker 3: I already used that during the when they got to the the last pick. But as raku uh huh.
Speaker 2: Thought of it as a raku. It's actually easy to say what it is once you figure out that they don't pay attention to the spelling.
Speaker 4: Intimidated by.
Speaker 5: It always makes sense after someone announced it, pronounces it.
Speaker 3: I watched him I watched him play a whole game, and I didn't know you know who he was, right? Missouri played Boston College early in the season.
Speaker 2: Number six.
Speaker 4: Didn't that two times?
Speaker 3: I just don't know. It wasn't paying attention. They had trouble blocking somebody.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 3: Well, it ended up being him.
Speaker 2: Was he coming off the Was he coming off the left side of the Boston College defense against the first round draft pick armand Mimbo? He was coming off both sides, okay, and Nambo was having a hard time, yes, blocking him. Well, that says a lot because Mimbo is the seventh pick of the draft by the Jets and.
Speaker 3: This guy was the acc player player of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that sixteen and a half sacks last year.
Speaker 3: You get him in the second round. Was his dimensions six four no six two two forty eight. And he is not shy playing the run long arms, which is which is a gift Bill tell.
Speaker 2: You about the Yeah, I got to go find him here. He just threw me off there for a second. Ez arakus iraku, Where is he? He's in here? There's so many of them that you let me find him?
Speaker 4: Keep talking?
Speaker 2: Well, I go find him here. I need a better system. Find him up.
Speaker 4: If you're going to only be six two, then you better have some long yep.
Speaker 3: But also, if I remember right, team captain, they've got more.
Speaker 2: Thirty four inch arms six two and a half two hundred and forty eight pounds thirty four inch arms, which is great. He here's the key number when it comes to edge rushers. And one thing about this whole process, going back to the combine the pro days, it was clear that agents told their clients their edge rushers, don't do the cony, don't let the teams get a number for you, because under seven is a great cone drill, okay, and you just let him use the tape instead of your measurables whatever. Well, as Aroku did a cone drill and his was six point nine four, which supposed to do it. No, well, his agent didn't tell me. His agent said go ahead and do it, and he probably was well trained for it, because that's what happens a lot of times. If you don't train for that specific drill, then you may come up with a seven point four to oh and may drop you around in the draft. So anyway, his was a six ninety four, which is great to DeMarcus Ware was a six eighty nine. If you look across the board in the past, and usually if you're under seven, then that translates to bend and being able to get to the quarter. But it shows on tape what he can do that just confirms it. For scouts. He was a Ted Hendricks Award winner as the top defensive end in the country. As you mentioned, he is under in terms of his height six two and a half two hundred and forty eight pounds, But I don't think that the Cowboys would view that as a negative of what what he's going to be used initially is as a sub package pass rusher, and so.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't look at him as a wholesale change replacement for Demarcts.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be a rotation and eventually I'm saying, I mean as a rookie.
Speaker 4: When you're talking about style at all, they don't have the same style at all.
Speaker 3: Nielan may be closer to Marcus Lawrence than this guy. And then you got Sam Williams coming back. You got a one year deal on Dante Fowler junior, so and you add this guy to the mix. So at least you've got some depth.
Speaker 2: Now his but his size. I'm going to look up to Marcus Lawrence here. In fact, I've got written by out next to him to Marcus Lawrence, and so that he's not a lot different. What I'm saying is you can't expect as a rookie for anyone to come in, even as a second round draft pick, to be performing at the same level that DeMarcus Lawrence was when he was going to Pro Bowls. And so he's worked in as an interruption.
Speaker 5: Was he had the same style as well? I mean yes, and in the run at the edge as well, AT's come around the end. Yeah, he might be able to come around the end better than DeMarcus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: He enjoyed here.
Speaker 5: If he and Michael, let's say they start vibing together, that would be a nice little booking.
Speaker 2: Well, and then you've also got Sam Williams and Dante Fowler you know, in that whole mix, right, And so that's a lot of energy. Yeah, And but both of those guys are on the last year. There are in one year deals, you know, And so now you've got a guy who's twenty one years old. He won't he'll turn twenty two in September, young guy who it was a I think it was a even though they did work in free agency to sign a Peyton Turner and a Dante Fowler who's coming off a ten sacks season, they they needed this was a position of This is why I was so big on mike L Williams who went to San Francisco to pick before Dallas, because you needed to find someone who can take that d lost spot on the defensive line, and this as Iraku is a guy. We even were talking about it on leading up to the second round on Friday because as Iraku was still there. Do you do what you did in twenty fourteen, which was Will mcclay's draft, first draft, when you took Zach Martin in the first round, Well, you took Tyler Booker in the first round. We're looking Asiraku would be the pick for the Cowboys if with the first pick of the second round. So do you do what you did in twenty fourteen and package your third with your second and move up? And they didn't have to do that. He was still there at forty four.
Speaker 3: Form, although the temptation at the time up with the second round, if you moved up with Junkins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the running backs, and it would have been interesting if the running backs were there and as Iraku what they would have done, especially considering the depth of the running back class, although clearly they didn't. I mean they had. They had two chances to draft Caleb Johnson from Iowa. Obviously they didn't feel the same way I did about him.
Speaker 3: Injury really, yes, Okay, he's got he had a knee, okay, and he's got a toad that's either gotta be fixed.
Speaker 2: Or I didn't know that eventually has to be. Okay, that's why that would be the reason.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of them that we don't but you found that after the draft before Okay, why didn't you let me know in my big green Well we did for the draft.
Speaker 4: You have to consult with all of your sources, man, that's you.
Speaker 3: Bill got found out midweek.
Speaker 2: So thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: If he fell, that was gonna be the reason he felt and.
Speaker 2: He went third round to Pittsburgh, which is interesting because I thought his running running style at Iowa, he has patience as he gets to the hole.
Speaker 3: And oh no, not not him. I got it confused with there's a will, there's a way cornerback Will Johnson, Will Johnson. Sorry, sorry, Caleb Johnson, thought you Will Johnson.
Speaker 2: No, Caleb Johnson, the running back. So but I was going to say he reminded me of ave On Bell, the way he would pause before any and where do you go? He went to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think if you have an offense, you can only pause if the offensive line is doing the job.
Speaker 4: You can't pause when the offensive line was getting.
Speaker 2: I feel so much better. I was downing my Big Green Hope book.
Speaker 4: He was gonna his entire system.
Speaker 3: He was going to question everything about life, Wills Will.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we like Azaraku and now.
Speaker 3: My dude, the guy I turned you onto, Yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, First pronounce his name, Mickey Revel. I thought it was Savone, Savon Savona Again, you got what savone? H Okay, tell me what how you pronounce it?
Speaker 3: Just say it, say the whole name, Savone Revel.
Speaker 2: There you go, it's revel, It's revelvel. Uh huh. That sounds sexy, Savone revel and that kind of flows what you learned that way.
Speaker 4: It sounds poetic, Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Savone Revel? Whose scouts call the condor because.
Speaker 3: Of his arms, arm lands, and you have eighty inch wingspan actually six ft two in the junior. I thought he's a junior too.
Speaker 4: He's a junior. Yeah, he is a junior. You know what, your wingspan is pretty good? Yeah, yeah, minds pretty good. It could have been, you know, one of the best in the league. Yeah, I was. That's what we do. No, I think, Well, I know my arms, I'm about thirty four inches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but your wingspan, well you know that chest here.
Speaker 4: Going.
Speaker 2: So he eighty inch wing span for a cornerback and he's six to one and seven eights inch inches tall.
Speaker 4: Two Richard Sherman type of look right and let me he's got arms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rich Now he'll he'll start training camp on pop. He's still recovering from his torn a c L and he did have some meniscus work done also, so that kind of delays the recovery from the ACL. But they know all they need to know about him, as we talked about with doctor Cooper doing the surgery.
Speaker 4: So I think he'll fit in here.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, when you start looking at his style comparing it to how we are at our best as a second you know, when Diggs.
Speaker 4: Is playing well, when brand is playing well, we are a.
Speaker 5: Ball hawking secondary. You know, when the ball is in the air, we're not looking at the receiver.
Speaker 3: That's the way that guy.
Speaker 2: Best got to get them all healthy at the same time. That's the problem is not healthy. Now this one comes in and he's Nate Meggar.
Speaker 3: The talent, you know, overrides when he'll eventually be there, and he's got to be a worker. You know, we talked about his story last week and how he I don't know how this happens in high school anymore, that you come out and you don't have grades. Right, that's everybody's eligible for college, right, especially if you get an NIO.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: But anyway, he went to junior college in North Carolina. H was working at Amazon in the warehouse and after I guess it was his second year at JUCO, East Carolina had a it was their equivalent of a pro date to bring guys into workout. Right, he finished the midnight.
Speaker 4: It was it was the free outcome all comers try out for.
Speaker 3: A scholar that used to have Yeah, basically like that. And and and he gets in the car after he finished at midnight, he and his dad drove to East Carolina for a workout, hoping to get a scholarship. That's how motivated he was. And he ends up going there and has a great junior year. Uh and then unfortunately the third game is senior year, he tears his acl. He's going to be a first round pick, just the way he played off his junior year. Uh. So, again, you're projecting from what you saw. But you also saw some work ethic and some dedication to playing football.
Speaker 5: And that's that's what you When you've come so far, especially the way he has, the journey seems longer, you know, when you have to work at Amazon and you go through all of the journey seems a lot longer. Sometimes guys they peak out, you know, that journeys it was so much that they can't make that next step, you know, because of other things, because of surgery and because you know, because of the knee surgery and all of that kind of stuff. With guys like him, you don't want that to be your last part of your story. You know, you don't want that to be the end of you don't want you don't want that to be the highlight. I'm hoping that he can come in here and still have momentum because it is you know, I come from that undrafted crawd. You got to go through a lot, You got to go through a lot of people to get to where you want to be, and you got to be strong in that regard. I hope he stays the course because he's already done some amazing things to get where he is now.
Speaker 4: It's always tough of the journey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes you're satisfied with that, or sometimes circumstances limit you to that. I'm hoping that his story continues, especially on the same path that's.
Speaker 4: Going right now.
Speaker 3: So that helps out the depth at cornerback, right.
Speaker 2: And so okay, so how satisfied are you right now with what you have at cornerback? Considering that we'll see where Revel is with his recovery from the ACL and his availability at the start of the season. We know that Trayvon Diggs is going to probably be on Puff to start training camp, and he could be into the season before he's eligible or able to play right, So that leaves you you got Duran Bland, You've got kaye Elam who you traded for from Buffalo, a former first round draft pick who last year with Buffalo had played in thirteen games, four starts, had two hundred and three hundred and five snaps Buffalo last year. Kayln Carson, who last year started five games as a rookie, and Josh Butler's coming off in acl Andrew Booth you saw him last year. Yeah, those are your corners, and come on Hall, who flashed a little bit in camp.
Speaker 3: The key to all that is Kayln Carson, because he flashed in training camp. He played well, played well the first couple of games when he got forced to start.
Speaker 2: What was the fifth Okay, let me let me count it up here. Okay, let's take Revel and Digs off the board right now and say they're not going to Let's just say they're not going to be ready at the start of the season. So guys that you would be comfortable with being out on the field for the first game of the season are Bland, I'm on this roster. Bland and Elam and Carson. That's three, and then you've got Booth. These are just corner the cornerbacks. I'm talking cornerbacks. And then you get Common Hall and come on, Hall and Troy Pride are also on the.
Speaker 4: Roster, you're gonna need three cornerbacks.
Speaker 2: So my question is, do you need to go get a cornerback right now? Considering all that, if if a veteran shows up, like Stephan Gilmore showed up last.
Speaker 3: Week, yeah, right, that caused a fear.
Speaker 4: He came, he said up.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he did take it a tour or.
Speaker 2: What, but the word was it was not there for a visit, I mean for a team visit, but he was there for some reason. He was in the building. But aside from all, Stephan Gilmore at thirty five years old, he would I would feel much better about what the Cowboys have at cornerback going into this season. If Gilmour is on this Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, I got Gilmore and I got Cooper, let's get them.
Speaker 3: Kaylin Carson has to come through for him now, and.
Speaker 2: That's great, and Caylen Carson might wind up being the stry and you got Gilmour as a fourth cornerback or whatever.
Speaker 3: He got hurt and then he lost his confidence and he never played the same. So they needed him to get back to where he was last year. And if if as it turns out, if revel is ready to go for the start of the season. You've got a combination that real young, real young legs.
Speaker 5: See I understand, hold up well through the surgery, and he may come back right ready for the season.
Speaker 3: Elam is here. It's a body I don't know how much I trust it just because of his history at Buffalo. Second round pick that never no first round pick, yes, first round pick that never really played to a first lound level. You know they were doing in the draft the guys they added for teams, and then it said guys they lost, and Buffalo they listed him as lost. I said, no, he did. They didn't lose him. They got him out of the building.
Speaker 2: Well but one thing on him, Okay, he was a first round pick and that same draft, Christian Benford was a sixth round pick and he basically I guess beat him out for the job, right, so he didn't have the opportunity to do there whatever.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 3: This is remember the old TV show This is Your Life. Yeah, this is his opportunity. Right, He's going to have a chance to compete at the cornerback spot.
Speaker 2: Right. But I having said all that, I think they need to go get a veteran guy, whether it's Gilmour or there's there's a half dozen other guys out there.
Speaker 4: What just what do young dbs do these days to get ready for the pros? What do they do?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know what? You got wide receivers? They always go to a camp.
Speaker 5: They got a quarterback with them, and they're out there in Phoenix or whatever, and they're out there getting ready.
Speaker 2: They've been doing it. They were nine years old with trainers and stuff.
Speaker 4: What does the dB do?
Speaker 5: I mean, if I'm a young dB, if I'm if I'm causing, how do I get better?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 5: I went out there trying to cover somebody. I was trying to find that. I was trying to find the wide receiver wherever I could find one. I'd go to Grambling, I'd go cover some guys. I couldn't wait to get the training camp. When we got there, I worked my ass off in regards to to, you know, have my body ready to go. I wasn't a lift guy, but man, I was in shape. But I didn't have any problems trying to cover somebody. This guy, you know, Butler, Let's say a guy like Butler, let's say, a guy like from from a Buffalo.
Speaker 2: This guy, what's his cayer?
Speaker 4: What's he gonna do to get better?
Speaker 2: You know now what Josh Butler did to get better? What he do He worked out with his dog. He had two dogs or maybe one dog, right, he still got and if you want to get better, he did the best TikTok videos and he got it worked for him.
Speaker 4: If you want to get better, a's a cornerback, you got a cover wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Well, what's faster? Josh Butler will tell you what's fast strether than a dog?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the dog is fast. The dog can't catch, But.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen the TikTok videos that dog and catch. Let me tell you that dog and catch might be a that's right, he's going.
Speaker 4: Speak, he's getting his he's tracking the ball by it.
Speaker 2: I wish we had Josh Butler sitting here having a congress.
Speaker 5: That would that would be We need to do that because I want to know what young DB's do now to get better. We already know what wide receivers do to get better with their quarterbacks and all that. Young DB's need to have some type of outlet to where I can get better covering other wide receivers.
Speaker 2: We need to do that. We need to get Josh Butler in here.
Speaker 3: Well, we can work on it. We need to start our own cornerback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta know, because you know, if I'm if I just got cut from Buffalo and I come to Dallas and now don't do well in the off season, I gotta change something.
Speaker 4: I gotta change something. I have to. I have to do something to elevate myself to that level, because right now I'm here, how do I get to hear? I'm just you know, starting today.
Speaker 3: You better come out here and bea was every day, right, every day gotta catch.
Speaker 2: Okay, we talk running, which, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, before you go to break, I gotta say this. We talk all the time about quarterbacks, Like it doesn't matter what level you're at, junior, high, high school, college, if you don't have a quarterback, you can't be effective. Right. Guess what was going on here on Saturday the girls high school flag? Right? I guess what if you didn't have a quarterback watching what's right out the window? Right? I talked to him and I said, I want to have a quarterback. You can't win at this level either.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Although I did see a ball tipped and some girl just went diving for the tip for a touchdown.
Speaker 4: You can catch them out there. Yeah, there were ruthless.
Speaker 2: Ruthless tell you that that seven on the flag football girls, flag football. That's the fastest growing sport in the nation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what, I know that also itching to get out there and this and this is just just gotta be female. Right. When we played in near Murals and it was flag football, you grab the flag and throw it down in the stain. They'd grab the football and go back and give it to girls and put it back.
Speaker 4: Help. Yeah, hey, it helps things move along quick, right, Yeah, all right, you.
Speaker 2: Could go, okay, we're talking running backs when we come back on mixed shots in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Pruscott keeps it slides with the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 4: Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 6: Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed.
Speaker 7: By Monday Morning Swagger, Briscuit and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cool America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 6: Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: Demitt shuts.
Speaker 5: This summer, Step onto the field with Dallas Cowboys Youth football and dance Camps presented by Invisiline. Athletes of all skills levels from age six to sixteen are invited to learn from former NFL players and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Campers have a chance to learn technical skills and lessons on teamwork. Registered before May nineteenth to save twenty five dollars, visit Dallascowboys dot com slash camps to learn more.
Speaker 2: Now, the other thing that's going to happen here over the this week is teams are going to start releasing players, and so there's we talk about wide receivers that are available out there as free agents. She got cornerbacks as well, and you're checking to see who gets cut this week of what moves were made during the draft, and veteran guys are going to become available.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, how about quarterbacks, but not too many quarterbacks too?
Speaker 2: Well, what happened here before Andy Dalton? When when Cincinnati drafted Joe Burrow, Andy Dalton got cut within a few days he was signed by the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And so you're going to cut somebody for uh, there's gonna be some obviously movement.
Speaker 2: With Cleveland needs to cut one.
Speaker 4: I should have cut one, drafted him.
Speaker 2: This has got five.
Speaker 3: This is another show. But what's wrong with our world?
Speaker 2: Jesus?
Speaker 3: Social media is still going to be the death of our society.
Speaker 4: It's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: How about the Falcons defensive coordinator his son?
Speaker 3: That's what I mean, God Almighty, the.
Speaker 2: Something I'm debating. I'm debating whether to reveal this on I think the statute of limitations is over. And what the heck is my roommate who did it?
Speaker 4: Not me?
Speaker 3: I did the same when we were in college.
Speaker 2: Uh, nineteen seventy nine, Billy Simms and Charles White were up for the Heisman Trophy that year, and back then they didn't have a Heisman Trophy ceremony on a Saturday night. It was just it was just like announced in a press release on a Tuesday afternoon sometime. So that Tuesday, my roommate, not me, finds the phone number for the USC Athletic Department office, a football office, and he calls USC. It says, this is Dick Smith with the Downtown Athletic Club in New York, and I'm just calling to inform you that Charles White did not win the Heisman Trophy. He went to Billy Simms, and of course Charles White wound up witting it. But yeah, that's another story. You know what, in college, I had a roommate. We should we should have a segment by college roommate stories.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we did it, but I could run.
Speaker 4: Yeah we didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't record it, okay, and we didn't broadcast it on kg OU radio.
Speaker 4: Did they believe it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't know what. There wasn't response, like you know, my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember that part of it. There's not much I do remember.
Speaker 4: From college.
Speaker 2: But I do remember that.
Speaker 3: So I thought my college roommate was punking me when the Cowboys were signing herschel Walker. We're in training camp, right, And I put a call into herschel He's in New Jersey wherever, and I had to write a long story and about two in the morning, right, so no one in the morning since three o'clock East Coast time. Hi, this is herschel Walker. I'm going, no f ing way, just like that right to myself, And I said, my college roommate worked in Atlanta, he knew herschel. He had the greatest imitation of his voice, right, And I'm going, okay, he's punking me, right, And I asked herschel like two or three just benign questions to feel it out. And then I realized, oh no, this is he called me back.
Speaker 4: Come on man, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: All right, Jayden Blue running back. Well, we got a couple only three minutes left of this show.
Speaker 4: Okay, five?
Speaker 2: I made that speed man.
Speaker 4: I like it, and I'm only going on what I hear.
Speaker 3: And I when I went to the pro day and watched him run routes for yours, he was he was amazing and you know, when you see somebody run, you can tell if they're fast without a stop watch. This guy is fast. Asked he could move.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine if we get him the ball anywhere in space?
Speaker 3: He interpined. At the same time, on the field, man, think about it.
Speaker 5: I think I'm hoping he could. He'd be versatile enough to, you know, run some routes in the slot. That would be really good.
Speaker 2: Forty two catches and six touchdowns last year as a receiver, which he catch.
Speaker 3: Exploded for that long touchdown. Was it a playoff game for UT? I can't remember which game it was, but he.
Speaker 2: Now the one thing that the UT people will say, Yes, Dumbles.
Speaker 3: Hang under the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can work on that. Because here's my thing. If he's able to have a little bit of wiggle in him, you know, I get it. Running backs can catch passes out of the backfield, but if you can catch it from the slot, then that would eliminate the need for, you know, an extra wide receiver. I mean, we're gonna get a wide receiver anyway, but he could make us more versatile in some packages.
Speaker 4: If he's able to do something in the slot, that'd be greatly He can run.
Speaker 3: That's all I know. In five nine he went to UT five.
Speaker 2: So that and that's that's your that's the size of a third down back. And you got Javonte Williams, and then you got Miles Sanders, and you got Deucepawn and you've got another one that you drafted in the seventh round, filled MafA from Clemson. So and he was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I think he had maybe some injury or something that slowed him down his last year, but his junior I think.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not relying on you to tell me about anybody.
Speaker 4: So offensive lineman. This guy from Oregon.
Speaker 2: Talk to him, Johnny Cornelius. Yes, you know, he's a It's a really great story. He's from Harlem, grew up in Harlem and wound up at Oregon. And you know what I see in him on the other side, Yeah, but what what I see in him? You know, Clayton Adams offensive line coach, was in Arizona. He reminds me, although I don't know that his dimensions are exactly the same or his athleticism, but his makeup reminds me of Kelvin Beacham, who has been playing in this league for fourteen years. He is about as he is from about as far away as you can get from Harlem. He's from Mahea, Texas. But Kelvin Kelvin Beacham went to SMU and very smart guy Johnny Cornelius is the same way. They just and so I I would love to talk with Clayton Adams to say, hey, do you see similarity? Are they the same?
Speaker 3: Well, he should have an inside look because the Cowboys wide receiver coach, Junior Adams, was at Oregon, so he knows this guy right. As a matter of fact, when they did the interview, it was like I was confused the secret audio and they Johnny six five three.
Speaker 2: Tenne but he can play. He played he started at right tackle, but he can play inside or at tackle.
Speaker 3: So they were calling him uncle Junior, and I'm going, what what are you guys talking about?
Speaker 4: Uncle?
Speaker 3: They're not really And then it was like he was the wide receiver coach at Oregon and so Junior Adams, and they got Clayton Adams, and so yeah, they had some inside knowledge on them, and evidently they're gonna try. And there was a wide receiver from Oregon holding undrafted free agent and they're planning on signing and so obviously Junior Adams was his position coach, so they should know something about him.
Speaker 4: And the Oregon always had a good passing games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to see, and this is one of the benefits of bringing some of these college guys in uh to on your staff because they've recruited like Connor Riley. I'm trying to remember what player Case State played against that they ended up drafting, but he saw them they had to play against him, uh and had inside knowledge.
Speaker 2: Of Texas would be one team they played against with Jaden Blue. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so uh, you know, and you get a different field. But Connor Riley's been coaching offensive lineman, you know, forever and to the point where he ended up being the k State offensive coordinator as an offensive line coach. Same thing with Clayton Adams. Now, so well, we'll see about these some little bit of diversity.
Speaker 5: We'll see about this fumblas that in the camp and pre season.
Speaker 4: We'll know.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, let's hear it, producer Supreme.
Speaker 3: H.
Speaker 4: That's true. H. There's no weather park, there's no whether park.
Speaker 3: Better have. Yeah, we'll take these young guys. Think about these young guys, some of.
Speaker 4: Them, they's only been at one point.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 3: They can't even rent a car. Can they sign for an apartment? Oh no, they better have a good age twenty one, They better have a agent if you're twenty I mean, if you're not twenty one, can you sign for to rent an apartment or somebody have to.
Speaker 2: Do it for you?
Speaker 4: No, you can sign.
Speaker 3: You can sign all right. I thought maybe somebody had to sign for you.
Speaker 2: It's not nineteen seventy three making sign for an apartment.
Speaker 4: That's remember across one hundred and tenth Street.
Speaker 2: Anybody else you want to throw in here and there as we're in bonus coverage now.
Speaker 3: We kind of skipped over Phil MafA.
Speaker 2: We did well. We got skipped over James the other fifth round they traded up to get you've got a We don't have time, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Welcome to overtime. I've got we'll be back next week, right, I've got a well, some of us will be.
Speaker 2: Ever since.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm always the first to go.
Speaker 3: I told him, by the way, we need to need to talk. We need to talk about next week.
Speaker 4: Okay cough, but.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be uh and I don't we don't have time for it. But the tight end that they're gonna try to sign us an under fairweather Asian Tyler Neville from Virginia. He's got an unbelievable story. By the age of eighteen, he already had twenty surgeries. Oh wow, and he had all these sort he was born deaf. They had to put inner air ear tubes in at like two years old. And then he came and it's a long term. I know, I can't get it out. But he ended up with this deformity in his his breastplate and rib cage where the bones were growing in instead of out, and they had to put a bar across his chest right to get the pressure off his lungs. And in the meantime, he's in high school playing football and basketball. He comes down with lymphoma. He's got cancer. Wow, he can't take radiation because of the metal bar in his body. Six months of chemo while he was still playing high school basketball at a high level. He goes to Harvard, plays three years of football there after he recovered from the limphone and transfers his last year to Virginia and ends up being their leading receiver at tight end. It's an unbelievable story. And started his own his own foundation to help kids with childhood cancer. And he went to the tight End training camp or whatever the thing Kittle does. Well, guess who he knows, Jake Ferguson, because Ferguson worked at the camp, so Ferguson kind of knows the kid's story. But it's an unbelievable story of how many surgeries he had to recover from to be able to end up playing. And he graduated, by the way, all Ivy League from Harvard and then goes to Virginia as a graduate student.
Speaker 2: He'll be the he's my pick to be the most talked about player during Cowboys preseason games in August. You'll be hearing that story.
Speaker 3: You better get me on.
Speaker 2: In the third quarter will be joined by Mickey Spagnola will tell the story of about.
Speaker 3: And now the fourth quarter starting has.
Speaker 2: All right? Does it for mix shots? And uh how about we do it again Tuesday next Tuesday at eleven am. Okay, all right, so we'll see you next Tuesday at eleven am on mix Shots.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.