Speaker 1: Episode two ten. We're rolling, We're rolling. I just had two ten, so make sure that's in there, because boys know that we're on two ten right now. Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. Can I say the bad news? Yeah, that's how you want to start this podcast? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: And the ads we got.
Speaker 1: Today, blass looks like we got five today.
Speaker 3: Five ads today. Boys, buckle in, buckle in. You guys know the drill, you guys know the deal. There's gonna be several ads five on this episode. Tayler's about to kick the first one off. But stick with us, stick with the boys. We're doing some good things. All in your guys with support. But stick with the boys. On a lot of ads this episode.
Speaker 1: And it is so weird to ask for everyone to subscribe, unsubscribed, resubscribe and they complain about the ads, Yet the ads help.
Speaker 3: Us do more cool shit. That's that's fair, that is fair. But you got to let the people know what they're getting into there. But they're all sitting down. You got families. We've heard their families that sit down Tuesday evening. Hey, the boys are on. We heard last week in South Carolina Mitch's grandma hits the group Chatin. Another episode of the Boys dropped in that fucking wild Your grandmother.
Speaker 2: She is what he said, He loves this, You guys give her life.
Speaker 1: Every grandma. Bro.
Speaker 2: We keep people.
Speaker 1: There's people who sit around and they watch it.
Speaker 3: It's their Tuesday night or their Thursday night, whichever night we come out or day we come out. They sit on that night with their families. They watch it. They might see a few ads because also what goes on top of it is the YouTube bads as well. So I can understand it's like, fuck, the show is so fun. They just want to be in the show the whole time. Now you're more than welcome to skip the YouTube bad That's right. You gotta wait like five seconds and then you hit it. They hit those five seconds and then skip back. Get right back to it because you know we're gonna hit you with a couple of these boys. What about the whistle Pig.
Speaker 1: When we were at the whistle Pip, that was the two brothers talking about we really we literally rekindled the relationship. The two brothers whistled we were as our first stop on our whistle Pig tour. That one day we did. We went to Cool Springs. One guy was there. He said, me and my brother literally rekindled our relationship watching Bust Them with the Boys. Yes, yes, and start at the same time our spacebar on three A one two. Think they watch together. Yeah, bro, it's yeah, it's cool. It's incredib dude. What else is incredible is that even though the football season is over, it doesn't mean we're gonna start rooting for our favorite team. Our favorite team is Chevy and it's franchise player, the Silverado, a truck with unstoppable grit and determination. According to JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand, and that is some serious hardware. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more of Silverado as strong and dependable as the people who drive them. For JD Power twenty twenty two US award information, visit jdpower dot com slash Awards. And that's it, and that's done.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 1: That's just one go by Chevy. We are twenty's over. Yeah you should get y'all need to get a Chevy. Dude's seriously, it's just it fucking ripped in love mind, yes, and you look cool when you get in it. Speaking of cool, tell us about your little face you.
Speaker 2: Got going on there?
Speaker 1: Will you? Boys?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: It's Texas Week right now that way. No, no, no, no, not not with me. They stole the Big twelve championship in two thousand and nine. I think a lot of Texas fans know that a lot of Brasket fans are at home right now yelling at the TV.
Speaker 1: We fucking tail them will But it is Texas Week, so we got we got the boots going, We got the jacket.
Speaker 3: We got the jacket that fits the fucking boot cut jeans. It's the only pair of boot cut jeans I had. I was like a bachelorette nastics one I went to, UH when I went to Trent Murphy's wedding, it was out in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 1: We were on that main street.
Speaker 3: I forget what it's called that shopping street in Austin, Texas. Sixth Street is that it is? That one's where you party. That one was where you party. But I was just like a bachelrette Nashville dude. I walked in, I got some I got in an entire fit, I got a hat, I got a white Hey, the hat you got too, spire from Tacomas. Yeah, I think that's what these boots are. But the jeans are from what the covas the Cova's okay to Cova's again, Jack and the mic Tacoma is a truck walked into Dakova's boots, boot cut jeans, a white tea and then I went down the road, so I forget what hat spot.
Speaker 1: But then I got myself in the shadows. But it was a good looking cattle hat and it had a little bit of a bend on it, not too squirrely up top. You're not doing you turns out there right right right right, hacking that nice left and right turn.
Speaker 2: You look good in that.
Speaker 3: They said some uh. I was like, should I go flat bill cowboy hand and stuff like that. They're like, you don't want you don't want to be known as a guy that's uh all this and no cattle or something like that.
Speaker 1: They threw out a nice little quote to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very cattle. All had no cattle.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: But they're like, you don't want to go too much cattle because you're like cowboy. You don't do this shit all the time. So you don't want to front like yad, He goes, we won't put a little modern in there for you. I think it'll shape nicely with your jaw. But I would stay away from the john. Well, how were you? I would just stay away from the flat. I was like, hey, say, let's brother, do what you gotta do. Cut off a little. They start rimming it a fucking rim job around those things, you know, I'm talking about jack.
Speaker 4: They like steam and stuffy stem it.
Speaker 1: They're blowing the steamer in front and all that.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, yeah, but it was all that to say, it's Texas Week, so I want to go all out for Texas.
Speaker 2: Cowboys are.
Speaker 1: One of the top categories of people that shame, posers, that look at people. His pants aren't long enough. Oh he doesn't have he doesn't have a buckle. Why would you wear a buckle unless you earn a buckle. They have like a whole bunch of fucking deals. It's a whole culture. I'm here to say, boys and girls, I'm about to.
Speaker 2: Be a poser.
Speaker 1: I'm all about that ship and I am not a cowboy. Hey you got a couple of chickens, You got a couple. I got goats too. You got goats. Now I'm thinking I'm in the market for a bison as well. I want to get a bison or a long horn. Yeah, bitch, I saw the bitching. Dude, I've been one guy. Shout out Howie who was a rookie for the Titans. He's like, my family has long horn, super low maintenance. Just gotta make sure they have grass, a little bit of hay, a nice salt lick, and they'll just live in the pastures of them big ass horns. Look, I'm fired up about yes, dude. Instagram story up of it every day. Yeah, dude, just checking in on Betsy. Also, I'm getting another dog. I'm fucking fisted about it. You're getting another dog. This dog is it's like a it's a Great Pyrenees. It's a Great Pyrenees. My wife said, hey, we got to get one to put hecked the goats. It won't even live in the house. It will never be in the house. It'll just stay out there. I started looking up. I started looking up videos on Great Pyrenees. Them fuckers.
Speaker 2: There was one.
Speaker 1: There's a story that came out an article, if you will, I believe it was in Texas. Actually eleven coyotes kill them all coming in to fucking take down some sheep and goat it killed seven of them. The other four were like, hey, we seen what he did to our brother. That's it and fucking booked. Yeah, don't think twice about buying that dog. Get the dog name something cheeky, like like over the top masculine, like good luck or get them luck.
Speaker 5: I grew up with the Great Pyrenees, and he is the fucking man. Really, he's mixed with labs, so he's half white, half black down the face. And his name is Harvey Dent. Oh that's a good name. He will patrol that backyard, yo. That's what it's about too.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of fired up, like I have my own like security dog ripping out there and he's living outside the whole time. Doesn't matter. I gotta deal with him. I don't gotta fucking worry about walking and pooping him all that. Brother, Just share what you might want to shit and you.
Speaker 3: Throw throw up a great peeranees because I was thinking some old dog with straggley, wiry hair.
Speaker 1: You know they're flying, they're fluffy boys.
Speaker 3: How they got like the must of the little beards and shit like that. No, not even a dire wolf to have a wolf though. Oh there's some cool looking dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and they go fucking heard one hundred and fifty pounds of American twisted steel.
Speaker 3: Yeah and it and again, as long as it's outside the size of that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big boy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a puppy out there right now. That's a that's a good There's someone out there in Nashville, or not just outside of Nashville, in the state of Tennessee that has Great Pyrenees And it's literally there's a puppy out there right now. It will be my puppy that is going to that is already with cattle, learning how to do all that shit. So he's gonna come in. I'll show him the goats and say, hey, you got to protect these boys. He'll just nod at me and go about his business. Give him a treat once in a while, just let him know, like, hey, you're you're being a really good boy. Yeah, hey, once you know they have a died good job. But I'm fired up, dude. Apparently they take down bobcats that I've heard about them, scaring away.
Speaker 3: Bears He's going to be pissed that the other dogs used to live in the house. He's gonna want to know what the fuck's going on.
Speaker 2: They don't know.
Speaker 1: They don't know, because when he sees me, I'm gonna be so proud of him. He'll think, Man, it'd be awesome live in the house with that guy. But my other dogs, besides the Cira, the oldest dog, they catch hell from me. I get so frustrated so easily with them. Yeah, pissed me off. Yeah, and oh boy, I assume you won't have to wear that he won't have to wear the deal?
Speaker 2: Was the deal?
Speaker 1: A little bit of collar? Yeah, hey, get the get back coach, Yeah, get back coach to look at this fucker. Yeah, that thing will be cool and you get you get to sleep well at night.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: You want to phrase as a name, I think that says or a name or yeah, something that I kind of like Harvey Den that was a fire name. But this dog's all white, which pisses me off. I didn't want to white like the movie three hundred. Yeah, that would that would be it. Maximus Yeah, hell yeah, dude, look at the look at this fucking guy.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me.
Speaker 1: There was another dog that we looked into as well, but the minute I looked it up, it was like not good with kids. I was like, Okay, we're done with him. But apparently these Great Pyrenees boys, they they fucking rip and they will tear shit up. But I wanted to get a donkey. Why a donkey? Because donkeys are they basically do the same thing as as dogs. They'll they'll protect cattle or a herd of sheep, quicker as agile. They're mean bastards, dude, donkeys stubborn? Doesn't me only ever heard that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm saying, like you're getting this, uh, this great Pyrenees, like he's probably a lot more agile, can get the job done.
Speaker 2: You probably you know what I mean, get moving around.
Speaker 1: I wonder what it's like when like fifteen years ago down the road and he's on his last leg, Like, what do you do? Like you gotta give him like a a military kind of funeral, right, fold up the flag, ye yeah, punching his collar onto the castle. Off, just shoot off into the distance and some random neighborhood that I live in, it's gonna happen all to say, like you're building a little farm. Like you can hear a cowboy. I am a cowboy, you know, not like like not like nothing, dude, I'm a fucking cowboy.
Speaker 6: You're right.
Speaker 3: It's just different kinds of cowboys. There's like them South cowboys and Montana cowboys. Those are the boys that are riding them horses like her and the cattle everything. They gotta get somewhere and the only way to get there is on the horse.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And they're sleeping like on the ground, and She's like, yeah, on the ground, on the ground. No. Yeah, this whole Yellowstone things really misconstrued. But a real cowboys, I'm a real cowboy, all right, Oh the Yellowstones misconstrued it. Yeah, I got you. I'm living dude. I'm I'm a hobby cowboy. I have a hobby farm and I'm a hobby cowboy crops too. If y'all are wondering the clothes, you're gonna get the clothes, then you gotta get the clothes. I'm gonna be a wrangular guy real soon. I'm gonna be tucking in my shirts real soon. And it's not gonna be like a quiet transition. It'll be abrupt. It'll be a quick one. Any of you guys are like, I guess this is just Taylor now a fashion cowboy. Yeah no, yeah, that's it in that of saying like in that a thing like I'm gonna go to a real cowboy. I'm gonna go to a real like no, I'm gonna go to a real cowboy. Shit, I'm gonna go like real rodeos. And people are looking at me like what is this fucking what's this joker up to right here? He ain't no cowboy? And I'm gonna walk around like I own the place, is what I'm gonna do. Confidence is gonna be on ten because I know I look fantastic, dude, big ass cowboy. And that's Mitch brought up a good point, said, big ass cowboy. The thing that's taking me away from wearing boots for so long as I'm six foot seven, and that's just a lot of that's a lot of human being. You had them little stilettos on me. Brother, I'm six nine and six seven is already like giraffe height. Like we're already looking like, hey, you're too tall. Kind of guy like you you distract him. I all call the zoo. So we can get him back in his pen height. And I don't really wanna. I don't think I don't think it's that I don't think it's that. Coma's right there. Them are nice the way they're just like a little inch. But I do think, hey, brother, we gotta get you some some pythons or some gator skins. Yeah, I mean, it's my first pair of boots, some rattlesnakes. What size are you twelve for this coming up September Ninethelen, probably eleven and a half. I'm being honest with myself. Well, let's go to what are you going on today? Stuff? Not that much stuff, not that much stuff.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm not gonna go shopping. You're not gonna shopping. Let's get fitted.
Speaker 1: Let's just get fitted from boot for boots and look hazy.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know what my boot? I just told you what it works. You had to go and they have to fucking do the thing on your foot and they have to feel it, they have to see how wide it is and all this different shit. If your feet or anything like your ass, you're gonna have a white ass foot. And I'm gonna get you a slender. I'm gonna get you a slender boot. Them boys right there. I don't like the black tops there. I loves with those snake skins. I love those black You get some Western diamondback rattlesnake boys on those feet. Them things are moving now. Oh yeah those are good looking yourself in a pair of those two sixty Jesus.
Speaker 2: Taste.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know what I did with my first paycheck when I got my first practice squad paycheck and I saw.
Speaker 1: This is all coming because we'll saw a pair of boots for two hundred fifty dollars spokes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, my first my first big purchase was like, uh, got me some Airmaxes.
Speaker 1: You know, your your mom and your mom, And I was gonna say, mom and dad.
Speaker 3: My dad never took me shoes shopping, but you know when your mom takes shoes shopping, you put the shoes on, you're running down the aisle. I'll let me get these, like all these are a little pricely. The reason we're shopping at priceless, you know what I'm saying. So your boy brought far maxis. So anytime I see shoes that are, you know, to sixty, I'm kind of like Jesus, but you earned it.
Speaker 1: I do get that.
Speaker 3: It's like, uh, you know, they got the skins. I think these are like goat skin or something. Yeah those are cool. Yeah those are awesome. But you bother saying these are goat skin. I wasn't being like. I wasn't like, you know, the we're trashing your shoes. Yeah yeah, No, I you were just yeah, those are nice. Those are good.
Speaker 2: You get that.
Speaker 3: There's like quality that goes into the boot that makes in that price, is what I was what I meant by that. Yeah, like you got the ostrich, you got the goat, you got the you.
Speaker 1: Know python, Yeah, yeah, the gator, you got the Kyman gater. You got a fucking rattlesnake. Yeah you got elephant. Don't get the elephant. Folks, All right, there's poachers out there. That shit seems a little unethical to me. I'm just gonna say, they're a lot of pythons, though. Kill them all, all those fucking snake out there. They can they can go to hell. And the Bible serpents are reflective about the devil. Right, we should kill all the snakes. That's all I'm saying. That's my biggest fear by far a Christian audience. We have Christian audience that. Yeah, it's you were speaking to like in the Bible. Yeah, absolutely, because I read. I don't know if you knew that. But yeah, we have to get you fitted right after this, get you fitted. We'll get you the list. I'm not shopping. I'm not going.
Speaker 3: What do you mean what do you have to do that stuff to do? There's stuff to do, there's things to be done, and there's stuff to do.
Speaker 2: And give me one thing. I'll leave it alone.
Speaker 1: Stuff to do with busting. I'm a part of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: You get the you you you go and do the fitted stuff?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: What else is on the docket? Will there's stuff on the dock and I don't know. Now I'm saying on the pot. We're done with that. We're on the intro. Now we're back what intro. I don't want to go shopping for boots today? Okay, I respect that. Why not?
Speaker 3: I just have stuff to do? Good enough, right, that's good enough. So you have to say, yeah, oh that is what I said. I'm not sure why you're getting a set.
Speaker 1: That is what I said? All right?
Speaker 3: Is that what you're said, yeah, you go, oh, why not give me one thing? Give me one thing and I'll leave it alone.
Speaker 1: Why not? Why not we do? I would. We're good enough friends where I can figure out why. I can know what your schedule is, I can know what you're doing. I know I'm part of most of our schedule during the week. I'm part of most of it. So listen if you if you want to be like that, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: If you're gonn get all worked up over, we're going to get going to get fitted fifteen minutes for shoes, all good. I'll move away from that right now. Yeah, we're selling.
Speaker 3: So we're going to We got Texas this week. If you're still watching right now, you can still buy tickets because the boys are showing up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That show is at what time? Seven o'clock, seven o'clock. That's at seven o'clock. Yes, I did notice how brand.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to throw brand under the bus, but I did see that there's seven to eight thirty.
Speaker 1: I think we're a one hour We're a one hour hour show, folks. We are a one one hour show. We might run over, but we don't want to put the expectation of mine Thankee. The happiness in life is low expectation, just correct, low expect We're an hour show that likes to go over for the boys. The vps or VIPs sold out, so shout out you guys, those fucking tier ones out there. Yeah, a lot of that general at MISH. I believe there's like what thirty to forty of them biscuits left.
Speaker 3: Something like that. I'm like that, I'm like that. Sorry, you know, we're trying to know, you know, something like that. Next week we go to Ohio State. As a matter of fact, I have a miscall from Coach Hartline. I'm not trying to I'm not trying to duck the boy. I'm not trying to duck you. Coach Tickeet set up for Ohouse State and then we go to LSU and then Colorado. The all tickets are up now and in Colorado, we are doing our show in Denver. Bo we have not I don't think we've posted about our show being up in Denver yet. However, we've sold We've already sold some tickes tickeys, Yeah, some tickies.
Speaker 1: So that show will be in Denver now. Don't forget about LSU now, because I saw on a little sheet we had the LSU. People don't really know we're going there because the tickets ever, it's been selling like that. Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll pull it up right now, but we're going to LSU. We're going to Baton Rouge. We'll be at Fred's Bar right at LSU. So again, if you're listening right now and you're in Texas, we will be in Austin tomorrow. Next Wednesday, we will be at Ohio State. The next Wednesday, we will be at LSU Fred's Bar to be exact. The next Wednesday, we will be at Colorado doing a little deal at the university with Coach Prime, and then we'll be doing our live show in Denver.
Speaker 1: Denver, Colorado. Now a little backstory on Fred's. I went down to old Baton Rouge when I was in college. I was dating a girl down there. Cruised on, wait, wait, waited in the line, sat there, got up to the muscly security guard and he says, so you can't come in?
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Is yeah, you're not a lot in here, and I was like why, thought to myself, man, I must be really making waves of people at LS you don't like me. Turns out I wasn't allowed to be wearing a playing colored T shirt and uh, tattoos you could see or earrings you had earrings into I'd I had gauges back then. What are gauges? The circles that get bigger like the ear there's the earring. Yeah, and then there's the one that people like space out their ear lobe where you had a circle like in there you fit a pencil through my ear lobe at the time.
Speaker 2: At the time, they all those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's a little that's.
Speaker 2: A little aggressive.
Speaker 1: Is that what you were like kind of wanting to work to. No, No, I just liked the little I like the little space. See if you can pull that ey, you probably wouldn't be able to pull it up. They never really worked out for me because at Michigan they had these stupid rules where you had to like when you're in the building, no earrings when you're in the building and all this stuff, and so I had to take them out when I first got them in, they would just shrink and I had to like force fuck those things back into my ear lobes and it was painful every single time. You're going for yeah, that's what I was going for. Right there, not like a twelve weeks you cannot let you in this bar.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why not?
Speaker 1: With a fucking tall bounced beer in my ear lobe? But yeah, so full circle moment for me going to friends, that'll be really cool. But Austin, Texas, m I'm fired up? Are we trying to hit the Mothership?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought that's where we were going. You thought we were performing at the Mothership in Austin, Texas as. I was told we were performing our show and then right after our show was Joe Rogan's show. But it looks like Joe Rogan's gonna be at the mother Show.
Speaker 3: I think because the Mothership just opened, I guess Rogan will not be at Vulcan.
Speaker 1: Vulcan, That's totally fine, that's totally fine. I did see I sent you that video with a bury yesterday, Yeah, showing the bar. It was more about the voiceover because I thought the voice over over guaring me. Yes, that's also that comedy show that yeah, and that's Rogan's, isn't it. Yeah? Just open. I think like last week or a couple of weeks ago, maybe I was surfing down the Mothership's page a little bit they've already got like three hundred and fifty nine thousand followers, like we can post, yeah for real and uh on it like they've like poached, not post that's a bad word to say. But they have gotten people from like the Comedy Store, which is widely known as like the best comedy like station to go to, and they've gotten a bunch of people from there and taking people all over the country and put basically the best people at the Mothership.
Speaker 3: Broad If we were performing at the Mothership, that would have been sick.
Speaker 1: That had been sick, dude, that had been awesome one day, one day, no doubt. And I think, you know what, the only thing that this live show gave me in South Carolina was we got some special Yeah, I think we could really dial in some things. I think if this tour keeps going the way that first one went, we could be looking at a lot more live shows throughout the year just to go do live shows. Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a whole lot of fun.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what you need when you have live shows, boys, and buckle up, because here comes another one right here. You're gonna need a proper wild if you suffer from the symptoms of ADHD lack of focus, no productivity, Your brain is constantly wandering. You need to check out Proper wilds clean all day energy shots, Proper Wild users, organic caffeines, caffeine stacked with l what's that word?
Speaker 2: Will nine.
Speaker 1: Vin l Fianan, which has clinically been shown to boost your energy, focus and productivity without jitters or crash. No preservative, no preservatives, no artifactual sweeteners, no horrible chemical. Just a natural tasting energy shot with clean ingredients that work. Will You just saw him take? That will tell me what's going into your mouth and down to your belly right now? How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: Stuff?
Speaker 3: That's how I feel about it. It's like you said, clean ingredients, no nonsense. This will keep you charged up throughout the entire day.
Speaker 1: Sweet. I was feeling a little down, especially on Friday. Wednesday was sinking in on me.
Speaker 3: Especially Wednesday or Thursday was hurting me from our night Wednesday, we come into Thursday, we fly back. I was low key, a little bit of a zombie on Thursday. I was not doing well. Friday kind of seeped into my sleep. On Friday, I woke up that's a little groggy, but your boy through in a proper Wild shot. I'm telling you, it truly lists the vibe. I love that nice way, in a nice way. You know how you can hit the other stuff out there. I won't say it because this is for proper Wild, but you can crash and I really I don't feel that way with proper Wild.
Speaker 1: You can grab that easily in a hurry, dude. And then Apple's banger.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: I've missed that one the whole time. How many how many milligrims caffeine are that little shot?
Speaker 2: Willie?
Speaker 6: Umm?
Speaker 3: I believe there's some that are one hundred, Like I want to say the mango is one hundred because that's what I have at the house.
Speaker 1: And then these right here on the box, I see there's one twenty like in this one mix.
Speaker 2: Popt me one of those. I might as well have one too.
Speaker 1: And for those of you who also want to pop one, dude, go to proper Wild dot com, forward slash bustin to try proper Wild for barstool, Jesus christ sor right hanging. Then for those of you who want to try proper Wild, go to proper Wild dot com forward slash barstool to try proper Wild for twenty percent off thirty percent off. No it's not thirty, yeah, thirty. For those of you who want to try proper Wild, go to proper wild dot com. Forward slash barstool to try proper Wild for thirty percent off. First take, First take tailor. That's what they call me, boys, that's what they call me.
Speaker 2: I will have one of these.
Speaker 1: Fresh. Yeah, they cre had an orchard organic. No artifactual sweetness? Is that artifactuals? I say artificial? What artifactual mean like an artifact right? Old relics? You don't want old relics in your fucking drink either. Do you say there's no artifactual or artificial sweeteners in your drink? For while artifact free? Boys, this is artifact free. Also proper well, I might want to send another check. Boy, So we just did a twenty five of all time ship overperformed, Dude. I'm already leveling up right now. My cognitive functions got a little bit better. My eighty AHD is out the door, out the door. When do you have caffeine in the morning? Is it right when you wake up or do you wait that hour and thirty tens.
Speaker 3: It depends if I've been sucking on too much caffeine throughout the week, because sometimes I get to our because I love the taste of coffee, you do, so I do decaf throughout the day. So just it really just depends. Like this morning, I did half and half. I had that ready, yeah, and then just threw that when you wake up. Interesting, I turn I hit the button. I turned it on while I'm making breakfast. Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Three eggs, Yeah, three eggs and a piece of toast. Yeah, three toasts?
Speaker 2: You go a whole weed on them.
Speaker 1: Below do the the Dave's killer bread, the power seed that has protein in it? Yeah, you need to check out the Franklin factory on Saturday's brother. They have people that make some fire bread. Yeah, especially like the ones who can make the sour dough loaves. Yes, yes, holy shit, yes, Will And I like to think of ourselves as shoot of biohackers. And I was reading about caffeine and apparently you have to wait, like you should allow yourself an hour and a half after waking up to feel the actual grogginess so your body can like regulate and send chemicals in a certain direction.
Speaker 3: What is it like you wake up, You probably want to get light. I'm gonna get sun lightened. Yeah, you want to get sunlight.
Speaker 1: You want to drink water immediately, possibly water with some lemon in it, because that'll help your digestive system.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Himalayan Sea salt, going and sea salt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, brother, you are good at that. The Athletic Greens, the Himalayan Sea salt, the lemon greens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a I'm a Yeah. I'm a big fan every day. Yeah, every day. I'm a big fan of the boys from Athletic Green.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first time I got Athletic Greens, I did it for like two weeks and then I realized, I look at the packersas please refrigerate. It's been sitting in my pantry. I was like, I can't be good. Refrigerate the powder. Yeah, I know that, it's just in my pantry.
Speaker 3: No, there we go.
Speaker 1: Sh It's come out nice, though.
Speaker 3: Bro, I'm telling you, you you hit a you hit a little consistency on the Athletic Greens, like you you're.
Speaker 1: Shitting well, you're shitting well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What are the things As we get into this uh Live Show Spring Football Tour that you were most excited about for Austin Texas Because honestly, when I was in high school, Austin Texas the Longhorns was like one of my top three schools schools I wanted to go to and obviously didn't work on the way, But.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like if I could get anything off my chest, it's that the Big twelve twenty nine Big twelve is stolen.
Speaker 1: From You're going to go into war a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe I think we'll have some Nebraska fans showing up, you know what I mean. I think we will too, creat a little chaos. Nebraska fans really roll deep.
Speaker 1: Anytime we'll then I get on a plane or get off a plane, I always see the bones being thrown up. Yeah. Yeah, bro, Nebraska rolls fucking extremely deep. Take a cult. Yeah, And if anybody knows Matthew McConaughey, we would really like to do a podcast with him, that would be ideal. Yeah. Yeah, because I'm here, we don't get to do any players while we're there. Why just I think that's the deal. In Texas, do we do coaches?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we're sitting down with coach Sark and we are we are we get the exclusive, you know what I mean, Like we're getting we're getting some good inside and really sorry because he doesn't sit down with everybody.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man, the respect of busting dude, it's growing, it's growing, number a little bit, yeah, step by a time. What are you most excited about going in? I'm just excited to see what that burnt orange and white really has to offer. I want to see those facilities. I want to walk down, i want to walk on the turf, see where guys like Colt McCoy the Legends walked through. As I was in high school watching the watching highlight videos, watching guys like Michael Griffin fucking lay the boom, and they had this they had this fucking two thousand and six, two thousand and seven fucking highlight film and it was like, I'm pretty sure Brian Rackpo was in it. I'm pretty sure my hooe Griffin was in it. And it was like the here comes the here comes the and dude that you would watch that in high school getting fired the fuck up. So I'm I'm kind of stoked just to see it. I've been in Austin one time. It was for a Bachelor party. Wasn't impressed. I'm just saying that. So my expectations are very low. Hopefully my socks are blown off. But I went there a lot of homeless. There were a lot of homeless people out there, a lot of homeless fuck down the rest of my goodness. There are a lot of homeless people on the street and I saw that and people. But the issue is, like we see all the time. My expectations were high because when I was going to Austin, like a month before, I would I would tell people, hey, what are you doing. I'm going to Austin for a bachelor party. It was Chris Brown's bachelor party, not the singer of the hockey player. And people are like, if you like Austin, oh right, sorry, if you like Nashville, you're gonna love Austin. So I already walked in there with an expectation of being Nashville on steroids. I didn't get that vibe. I was only there for forty eight hours, in and out as they go, get in, get off, get out, that type of mentality. So I'm excited to really settling in and seeing what's going on. I will be there for twenty four hours this time, but I'm gonna soak in every bit in the twenty four hours. Yeah, my bedroom part was at Austin. Uh, it was not Alston. It was at a lake outside of Austin, right, but we went out in Austin.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was a fun time too. Do you want to do this?
Speaker 1: No, I was just saying mine was in Austin. I liked Austin. I'm gonna throw that where. I'm gonna throw you that bachelor party. I'm gonna throw you that back.
Speaker 3: So you're just throwing me a celebration or something about you missed the bachelor party. I'm throwing you a bachelor party. I mean, if you know you got to renew your vows eventually, why not year two? Just what like a ten year redo the vows? By Before we redo these vows, we're gonna go on another bachelor.
Speaker 1: Party, right, but we'll do it, renew the vows two years in. You want, oh, you want to your anniversary? Will we just go on a dude's trip? Man, we could go on on the guys. I got actually go on to do trip with you to Cabo that was more of a couple's trip. I was sick the whole time. Yeah, I just don't do right by you when it comes to do you do not perform well, not perform well on these trips.
Speaker 2: I'm a piece of shit. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: We can we can set up a guy's trip, set up a guy's trip, and we can pick wherever. We can collaborate on where we go, if you want to go, if you're where do we want to go? Yeah, I'm saying we can collaborate on where we're going to go, versus like make it about me and be like, you know, hey, this is your fucking bachelor party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I do think about where I would take you if it was all about you. I'm thinking Lake Havasu.
Speaker 2: Would be that.
Speaker 1: That is south of Las Vegas, near the Arizona border, and that is where Girls Gone Wild started. But it's also like a big party like people do the redneck yacht clubs. They tyler boats together. It's a it's a fucking blast. It's a fun time. People in Arizona go up there all the time. Everyone talking about I've never been, but I know big lake boy. Yeah, I was gonna say we can hit Lake of the Ozarks, get dirty down there in the dirty. Yeah, yeah, dirty dogs, dirty water down there. Yeah, there it is right there, have a suit. Hey, and you brought up girls gone Wild? Like, can we have a moment of silence for girls going wild? Especially at the commercials on Comedy Central when we were a kidd man, you always have to get one off before that commercial runs out. No, I mean it was always, Hey, do you're out there fucking beating that thing? And all of a sudden infommercialill come on for like yeah, so sort of like a wipe away. This is the channel where you get the commercial and just wait for it, just fucking wait for it. Yeah, that remote onast in hand on previous, Yeah, getting ready to go. You had previous to me talking about the just the remote. If your parents walk in you hurry up, hit previous back on the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, was a big deal.
Speaker 1: I remember me and the boys in like elementary school, we'd have sleepovers and we'd like go to on the cable channels and get into the nineties when I got all fuzzy. But brother, if you got like ninety four ninety six, because they would jump, wouldn't just go like by the numerical order. You jump in there and every once in a while, that fuzz would go away and a tit would pop out and you boys, see that right there we're living right now. Think about four eight year old dudes just right right close to a TV.
Speaker 2: It was, it was something special.
Speaker 3: It's got it easy these days, man, you just go to You got all these websites now, like we had to get it. We had to and even our our the fathers before us had the It is even crazier but us. We're trying to get into commercials, music videos, magazines. The music videos were hard posters, posters like in your room that up? Yeah yeah, I remember like kissing the Poison Ivy poster on Batman. Remember I was telling you about Yeah, yeah, come here Poison Ivy.
Speaker 1: And I used to have a pos like a It was a tailgate of a truck with four girls and they're wearing booty shorts and I would just look at it and I was just laying back of my bad door completely unlocked, like not worried about anything. Give it hell three times a day. That was back when you could put in serious work. Yeah, you know, you don't understand, dude. You don't got a lot of time to do those kinds of things for yourself as a get older.
Speaker 3: Well not only that, but you had the stamina then, Like I remember we traveled back from uh baseball tournaments and I'll turn on the shower.
Speaker 1: You know how you feel like your parents don't know what you're doing in the shower.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't take it twenty minutes show i'd be able to pull off about I want to say, my best was like a four rounds?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, are you really like that back then? Not now?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Not now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, how's the reboot time?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: The reboot time?
Speaker 1: Now, it's just need a couple hours at least your boy.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm saying like twenty or thirty minutes, i'd say, but but that's if you're in the mood. You know, beforehand you're thinking like, oh, it's gonna be I'm about to put in rounds. I'm about to put in work on no girl, But then that post no clarity comes and you're like, okay, I am what am I?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Was? I am?
Speaker 2: Pretty sleepy right now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, sweetheart, Like let's just get the music, get the light, you throw on the fucking throwing my uh what are they called?
Speaker 2: Don't no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my face masks on a face mask with a face mask on a night, tape my mouth, oh, face mask and tape my mouth?
Speaker 2: What tape?
Speaker 1: Do you just use regular sqush, the micro the one inch micro tape, that little white tape. Yeah, yeah that's what I use. You really tape your mouth at night? Yeah, I just ordered some tape to do that. Yeah, it's nice. You'll see the difference.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're like, are you do you know, if you're like, have some sleeping appne or your mouth breather.
Speaker 1: Every day I wake up with the dry ass mouth, so I'm assuming yeah, you know, and you got that. It's not like you have the strong that's usually a tail sign of it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A recessive chin anytime your chin goes right to your throat usually sup of your mouth open. Boys, your chin is descending to your aditi fucking right now listening to this, going damn it, dude, I got that little wan chin look in the mirror and looking sideways like I know, yeah, fuck dude. Sometimes the boys catch photos and I'm just like, it's fucking just my chin's just going straight down on my collar bone, and it's like, fuck, dude. Yeah, maybe I'll tape that thing up. Maybe I'll get to see a big change. Maybe, who knows, you might Yeah that's what that like.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I only know that because there's this book called Oxygen Advantage, bro, and it talks all about it talks all about breath work, sleeping, like like people back in the day, like mothers would like close their babies like mouths so they could learn a nasal breathe that helps develop a better jaw.
Speaker 1: It's fucking wild. I've learned more about that, knowing like nasal breathing is a move like uh, someone said, like breathing your mouth. Your noses for breathing, your mouth is for eating.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Like that's how it should be. And my like Willow, she's out there mouth breathing all the time. Bro. I'm like, hey, I literally we'll be sitting there, should be watching TV. I'm like, Willow, Yeah, I'm like, breathe your nose, honey, few years old, Like already fucking her have my issue, So breathe your nose, honey. And she'll just kind of look at me because she's two, and I'll go do this, and then she'll do it. And then three minutes later bro back.
Speaker 3: What's wild is like, you know, when you start like assessing yourself throughout the day, you don't realize how much you actually fucking mouth breathe. Yeah, like driving in the car everything, You'll just catch yourself shallow breathing, mouth open.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like when I'm listening just to be like, yeah, you you're a mouth breather, but you've got a strong Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, that's that's genetics. That's the typical, the old mom and dad.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 1: For your mom or your dad, I would say, what a dumb intro, man, that could be taken out of context.
Speaker 3: Bad bro stronger jaw like better jaw. I mean probably think if you're the way you're talking, we had that little man, what a stupid intro. And I'm sitting here thinking about it more. I'm like, oh, man, so bad. If I say say my mom or I p but I would say her, I say.
Speaker 1: Probably had the better one, more developed develop What do you think that's wrong?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think strong jeans man. Oh dude, let's talk about Filo TV.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: This proadcast is brought to you by filow TV.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 1: This is number three after this. We're past the halfway point we go. So, yeah, if you're sitting here, you're laughing with the boys. If you came for Nickelback, gonna be this is an incredible episode. You came for Nickelback, you've already skipped all.
Speaker 3: This nonsense, right, But if you came to listen to the boys rant a little bit bad, so you already knew you guys were in for what three ad reads in the intro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this will be our third one. You're only gonna have two. That might be a fourth also because we gotta talk about it. We gotta talk about nickel Back happening, and then probably have to do another ad maybe.
Speaker 2: But boys, you guys, did Filo?
Speaker 3: Tell them about Filo? Or do you want me to tell about file? Tell about fow Nothing better. There's nothing better than unwinding and watching a little TV, but not the hassle of finding what to watch or the cost of paying for your crazy cable bill. If you love Filo or if you love TV, Filo is your solution. Filo is live and on demand TV for just twenty five dollars a month. If you can't get enough TV, then there's no better way to watch. Filo has VH one, b E, t A, and d AMC, plus more than seventy other channels like Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Paramount, and Discovery. No contracts, no commitments, no hassles, just a better way to watch TV. Filo also has an unlimited DVR for one year, save all of your favorite shows so you can watch on your own schedule. Filo allows for multiple profiles and multiple streams. Everyone in the house can have their own saved shows and up to three simultaneous streams going on at the same time. Never fight over who gets to pick what to watch. Use Filo, Boys, because with Filo you can start watching in seconds for less money, less hassle, and channel comfort. Sign up today at Filo dot com that's Philo dot tv and use promo code busting to get fifty percent off. Holy it's twelve and a half dollars boys, fifty percent off your first month Bilo dot tv. The boys got you back, and I'm actually glad we got some new players in the game. Yeah, file is gonna rip, dud because even these streaming services they're starting to fucking get you.
Speaker 1: I was I was putting together a little Google.
Speaker 3: Sheet dashboard and all of our budgeting expenses, and I was adding up all the streaming yesterday and I was like, low key like, we streaming got us to go to streaming because it's cheaper than cable television all these packages that are out there with the phone and the internet and the TV shit. And you're paying like, you know, around one hundred, one hundred and twenty a month. You get all these streaming services, all of it, right, You get the little you first of all, you get the little streaming device, and then you start buying all of the fucking channels or brands that you want to add on. You're starting to pay more now, and I'm starting to get emails like, hey, here, in a couple of months, we're gonna start upping your price. We're gonna start upping your price now to fucking X amount of dollars. I'm not gonna say any ames, because no free shout outs. If you guys know what I'm fucking talking. I don't think that that could be considered a shout out. But I get what you're saying. You also don't want to soil the boys. Yeah, yeah, I'm not because we're for the boys. They're fucking getting They're they're getting over you now, and I'm starting to notice there's some snakes are starting to be shown.
Speaker 1: You cut the fucking grass, dude, Yeah, so you can find the snakes. Yeah, Filow. Filow is getting it though, dude, because they are bringing cable. Cable is officially going to be a shadowt no free shadows some day. Like, hey, you guys, remember Cable, Remember just getting on cable television doing that, Like that's where we're headed. Cable's dead. I'm getting rid of Cable.
Speaker 2: I'm over it. Yeah done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you literally just get that little Apple TV deal. Shout out Apple for just app having like a fucking conglomerate of shit going on. You get the Apple TV, you get all the apps down, you get the Filow TV on the Apple TV. Now you're living the dream. Yeah, Cable, you got everything. Yeah, fucking good for you, Filo, good for you. Should we talk about Nickelback now, folks? Oh bus Nickelback?
Speaker 3: You want to talk about Spencer Lianel Nickelback the greatest band of all time?
Speaker 1: I just I just wanted that for the clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can talk about Spencer Lee probably the biggest upset in wrestling history. Are you familiar with Spencer Lee? I saw your tweet. So, Spencer Lee, he's came on the bus, Are like, first collegiate athlete to come on the bus? Was this is during the season, This was during the season. Uh, dude is a fucking stud. Arguably he's a Mount rush Arguably a Mount Rushmore type college athlete to step on the mat really light. So those guys, I feel like if you're lighter, you could you have more of a chance to win four in a row. You know, all them natties. But Spencer Lee, wrestler out of Iowa, the dude is a fucking stud. He was going for his fourth national title. So there's only been help me out here. I think there's only four four four timers in the history of wrestling, and he was going for he was going to be the fifth. Wow And he gets upset by getting pinned in the last few seconds against uh Man from right Yeah, the kid from Purdue Rainmos I believe, which is like, you know, he gets pinned, he was gonna lose anyway because he was getting uh he was in.
Speaker 1: Those fall points. What's a fall point mean?
Speaker 3: So he had him on his back, so they're counting, so no matter what he's getting, he's getting three points, I believe, if I remember, I did see there are a couple new rules I was wondering about while I was watching. But growing up in the fucking wrestling world, Like he's sitting here, right, he's uh, he's near falling him. I mean, if he gets his shoulders on his back but the pin, it's over.
Speaker 1: The match is over.
Speaker 3: But right now, the ref isn't counting anymore because he's already hit the metric for getting three points on the mat, like having him on his back. He counts one, two, and then you get two points, but once you pass three, you're gonna get three points now for whenever he does get off of his back, right, but if he gets both shoulders to the ground pin, it's over. So the match was winding down here. He was gonna lose anyway unless Spencer pull something out of his ass. But he ends up pinning one of the greatest wrestlers of all time to go to the finals. And this is like one of the biggest upsets in wrestling history, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's without fucking actually doing my homework on it, homework on that This is when he pins him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pins him. His mom gets so fucking pissed off. I don't know if they're gonna show it. She breaks her glasses. She's hugging somebody, screaming like nah, takes off her glasses, just start crunching her fucking class Frank the tank on it just starts breaking everything around her. He's you know, her boy lost, but Ramos then he goes on to the finals and he lost in the final.
Speaker 1: He lost the final, loss in the finals, dude from Prince it ended up winning. Here's his mom.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 1: You're trying to think, yo, get off. Oh man, talk about living by curiously to your child. You're in it, bro. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When you're in that wrestling culture, man, you are fucking like you know, you know how you figure out you're probably watching Chandler fight, like when we're in the we're in the bar that one time, you're kind of like moving with the boy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you're up there and you see like when Cody was wrestling, Cody was the fucking man. But you're literally if co when Cody, because Cody lost one year, he ended up having what's the what's the throat sickness, Kiss the kissno Mono.
Speaker 1: He ended up having Mono, but.
Speaker 3: Coddy lost to a freshman after going undefeated throughout the year and lost to a freshman who was solid. But Cody lost in the semis going to and when I tell you, we were all so fucking mad the Cody lost bro ship.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, it was. It was wild.
Speaker 3: But it's like when you're in that wrestling world, in that wrestling committee, like it's your fucking live and die watching these matches. The environment at a wrestling tournament is top notch. Man Like literally, next year we should look to like go to this and see if we can do like vlogging or get in the wrestling culture. That'd be awesome because the culture is sick. Everybody's fucking screaming, yelling, like everyone's around the matt. It's it's one on one, Bro, and everyone's fucking watching you close up intimate. And again, it's like wrestling culture. It's like cowboy culture. It's like all these cultures we talked about where everyone's fucking die hard. It's uh, dude, it's exhilarating. And seeing Spencerers, I was kind of I was bummed because I was the boy's came on the bus. But yeah, the boy got upset.
Speaker 1: That is that's a that's a heartbreaker for him because it would have been sick to see him do four. Oh and I didn't even know he was even at the opportunity to become in that prestigious league of being.
Speaker 3: On the five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he would have been one of five.
Speaker 2: That is wild.
Speaker 9: Oh six the sixth Yeah, yeah, Johnny, he's a guy from Cornell won his fourth this year as well.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know which guy you're talking about too, because Cornell is a badass fucking team.
Speaker 2: Is it really like that in Cornell? Cornell guys? The second Cornell guy to win four in a row.
Speaker 3: Got this cat, ye, Kyle Dak. There's this cat Kyle Dake at Cornell and he was a fucking animal.
Speaker 1: Bro. I know he's in like the world circuit in the Olympics.
Speaker 9: Isle Dake, Kat Smith, Logan Steiber and Kale Sanderson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now Cayl Sanderson. Cayle Sanderson is the coach of Penn State, and Penn State is the number one school over Iowa. I would say now to be like the number one.
Speaker 2: Wrestlers tenth national title this year in twelve years, tenth.
Speaker 3: National time of twelve years. And their head coach Cayle Sanderson, who's one of the six now do it. And Logan steiber Uh. He was in the same circuit as Cody in that group growing up, so we had saw Logan wrestling at these national tournaments when he's six years old. Bro. The wrestling community's wild. There were as in communities wild. I would love to talk.
Speaker 1: Try to get into that because I know you were doing some martial arts and yeah, yeah, getting on the mat a little bit. I'm excited to get into that world. Yeah, and we begin.
Speaker 3: We should get fucking Jordan Burrows on, who's arguably the goat of it all. He wasn't a four time but he's like a was he a two time Olympic gold medal Jordan Burrows He's a he's a Husker.
Speaker 1: He's a Husker. Oh, so he'll come on for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I whooped his ass and mad and the Thanksgiving one year and about to say wrestling on it. Oh, you really liked that.
Speaker 2: I really liked that.
Speaker 3: No, your boy was just a state qualifier in high school. Like I'm not in the realm at all with these motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: When you were in high school and you saw Cody doing so well, was there a level of jealousy you had a little bit.
Speaker 3: Because Cody was the man, Coddy was the man growing up like it was like it was it was around Cody's world growing up and in like football, like it's not there's not this individual sport like Cody was a national champion.
Speaker 1: Cody was a senior national champion coming out of high school. What is then when you when you say national champion, stop yourself and say senior national champion.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Is they're like other different levels. So Cody, when you win state, you qualify to go to Senior Nationals. So everybody that won state throughout the country can go participate in the senior Nationals.
Speaker 1: And heights if you're not a senior, uh no, no, no, it's for it's just seniors. So there could be some prodigy as a sophomore. You can't go okay, yeah, I'm just trying to follow the bouncing ball. And so he won Senior Nationals like after state that year.
Speaker 3: But growing up, Cody was a like a triple crown winner, like a Cliff King kickoff Triple Crown winner where you win nationals and they have like three big national tournaments throughout the country.
Speaker 1: If you win them all, that's like the Triple Crown or the Cliff King Triple Crown. Even win the Triple Crown.
Speaker 3: In state, there'd be three big state tournaments that we would drive and travel to stay in hotels, and he would win all the motherfuckers. The best ever did in state was second. I never won state, so I would always get the silver medal. Cody's trophy case growing up was immaculate. That was the what's the What's the what's the movie with John c Riley, He's like, I killed the wrong son walk Walk walk line, Like Cody was the sun the wrong up.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Like football, you get like little League, there's like six games, and I also out a baseball team. You get the participation in trophy at the end.
Speaker 3: But wrestling is like all your round and Cody, you know, it's a one, it's it's a it's a solo sport, so you're like the fucking man. Like like kids would our people would circle around the mat at finals just to watch these kids wrestle, just to watch these state champion, like oh damn uh. You know this kid named Bailey and Cody were facing off in the finals, and like it felt like everybody was circled around that man.
Speaker 1: But it was like like that, Cody was like like that growing up, and.
Speaker 3: So yeah, when I was like growing up, it was always like it was always tough because I was never like the fucking man the way he was.
Speaker 1: Did he transition for you when you got a scholarship or like for football or was it always like this is still Cody's show?
Speaker 3: Like no, no, I think like personally, it just it did the whole like you know, you're internalizing it all want to help validate more stuff for myself personally, like I think ultimately, like being jealous of Cody's success and everything else, I wanted Cody to win, like I'm sitting there screaming at the top of my lung. It's more of the parent love, like dad. I always wanted my dad. I always wanted to make my dad proud. And so it's like when when he he loves the sport of wrestling because it's like a combat sport. My dad was obsessed with wrestling. He loved football too. He loved that I was the dude in fucking football. But it's like there's something about you're like winning, you're at the gold medal, You're at the top of the podium. But when I started getting scholarships and everything else, I think it just helped. It helped me more with like just like you know, self confidence stuff. Not that I had a lack of, but it's just like, Okay, now now, like you know, the trophy room stuff like that, you just have more stuff to hang your head on because you're not seeing silver medals up there.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, I'm getting scholarships to go play ball.
Speaker 3: And then Cody and I would get recruited together when I would visit Miszoo, Iowa, Nebraska. When I went on those trips, Cody always came with me because Cody they were recruiting Cody as well, because Cody was only a year behind me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, God, damn, that must have been awesome. You're dad, it was sick his pride back then. I'm sure he'd be like, I we fucking run the Compton's run.
Speaker 2: What school do you go do?
Speaker 1: North County?
Speaker 2: The Continent's run North.
Speaker 1: My dad's super privilege.
Speaker 2: You heard my dad talking, Yeah, yeah, like I've been Dad relaxed.
Speaker 1: For anybody who has not met Bill Compton like the classic and I mean this is a positive Bill, because I know you watched the podcast. You're as like dad that just show boats about his boys. Like literally I sat with Bill one time. Literally I think I tore my a cls, like even before I got surgery. I'm like, my leg has posted up, like I literally this is twenty twenty. Yeah, And I went to Will's house literally found out I tore my a cl and I went to your house after that.
Speaker 2: I didn't even go home.
Speaker 6: Age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drove it to you and You're like, yo, I just yeah, let's go hang it down. Let's go hang at the house for a little bit. I get in there and Bill starts talking about how, hey, Will really is a glue guy, isn't he he. I'm out here myself, I fucking my my first injury I've ever had, ever ever had an injury in my life, not fucking.
Speaker 2: Go through it.
Speaker 1: And Bill's like, hey, man, Will really is He's a guy you need in that locker room, isn't he?
Speaker 6: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 1: My dad is Bobby one of them cats.
Speaker 3: He's one of them dads that like you read this stuff going on out there, and he was always really on the message boards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always really curious. He always wanted to talk to me about it.
Speaker 3: My mom would always keep him at bay, like you'll leave him alone, like, don't bring your own shit into him, because your dad, you know, the old man. It's one of them old it's one of the old gay, it's one of the it's one of your dads. That is like he always wanted that validation, like hey, some of this stuff being said, like you know, what are your thoughts and you're just like dad, like fucking leave that shit alone, man, But he is super proud and to go off that story.
Speaker 1: Will really was like the teenage like high school kid that was like Dad, stop dad, he doesn't need to know this stuff again.
Speaker 3: And then I think he even set up, took a drink and goes, I don't want to say one more thing and then I'll.
Speaker 2: Be done, and then I'll be done, like fucking damn dude, Love of God.
Speaker 1: It is so funny because as a friend, like you said there you don't care, but you just see Will mensely going through it like fuck, dude, You're like legit.
Speaker 2: Will is getting embarrassed. Yeah, getting embarrassed by.
Speaker 3: Thirty year olds fucking just got done playing a game, and my dad's talking to us like we're all in high school, fucking sitting on a couch like dad, for the love of.
Speaker 1: The real future ahead of you, kid, I'm telling you, keep it up the way you're going right now, You're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be just fine.
Speaker 1: You a good, smart football player right there. That's a little cocked just smart speedmart speed. I mean I saw him out that, you saw him on pump Fucking he can actually fucking go you. Uh yeah, Bill's the fucking best man man. I think they're looking at you for a rolly Cody got he had concussions, right, that's why you're gonna stop doing it. He ended up going to Nebraska couse of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he got, uh get a concussion where he was basically blacked out for like thirty seconds, And it was the second one in like on one month span, and so when he talked to the dog, it was basically like, hey, it's you know, you're your uh, your probability of getting more of these just escalated very high. So he had to stop wrestling so there's like there's always some like left in the basement for Cody, because I know Coddy wanted to know, like you wanted to be a guy that's like chasing a national title, like be at one of those events, uh and be fucking yelling for the boy to like win a national title.
Speaker 1: Like that's like the that's the one shitty part about that whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do I see he was already at Nebraska when it happened, right, yeah, yeah, he was going on as he was going on his second year, like he was honored a scholarship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe. So, yeah, like wrestling looks at rich right man wrestling, Well, I'm just kind of thinking, like as I look around.
Speaker 1: Because Title nine did they give wrestlers first time? Gosh, if they're all partials, they're all partial. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when Cody first got there, Cody was in Jordan Burrow's weight class, so they were partners together. So Cody of course was red shirting because Jordan Burrows is like the fucking goat.
Speaker 1: What did it say?
Speaker 3: Seven gold medals, seven gold medals and two national titles Olympics?
Speaker 1: Did he Jordan Burrows?
Speaker 3: Did he beat Chandler? But Burrows was like double legs. I'm talking. I've been Jordan Burrow's highlights like that. Shit'll get you fucking rolling.
Speaker 1: See, here's the issue with me watching highlights is like when I really enjoyed sitting with you right now while you're walking me through why Buddy got beat. Like to me, I enjoyed that because when I watch wrestling, the ref might be giving points and stuff and I don't know the reason why. Like I am, I am as green as it comes when it comes to watching wrestling or UFC for that matter. Like, like I watched the fights this weekend. It was awesome. I can't believe Oosman, Like didn't really assume that he came out to play like that. I know he seems sluggish. He seemed like he was he took that last loss, and he was like built it up so much. When he got there, his tank was just a little empty.
Speaker 3: If somebody says something like, it's always you always have this certain peak, but once you get knocked out, it kind of changes the way you approach the acting. I'm not saying that's what happened, but Usman hadn't been knocked out up to that point.
Speaker 1: In the last fight Usman. What is the guy's name? He thought, I'm so sorry, Edwards. He was beating Leon's ass for all five of those rounds until like what the last minute and a half, and then just catches a catches an elbow or catches a kick, catches a lake kick, gets knocked out and it's over, just like that. And I I thought for sure Usman was coming. I even tweet us that he's coming for vengeance, and I thought he'd win that fight from the get go. I was like, man, this Leon Leon Leon Edwards. He seemed smooth, like he was like comfortable, like this is where I'm supposed to be. Yeah, and Usman seemed like I know I'm supposed to be here, but I don't want to act right now, like he he was up to something that happened the whole time. Yeah, like he it seemed like he was the wrestler. But here's Jordan Burrow's just fucking is three minutes of.
Speaker 7: Jordan Burrow's rag dolling more Olympians than Zeus.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: He's like, Jordan Burrow's is him? Bro?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: What what is the circle for? Is that like a sumer wrestling thing? You get him out of circle. You gotta get back here and you push your opponent out. Correct. Well, yeah, there's there's different there's greco, there's from looking, there's motherfucker moving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's freestyle greco and folk style wrestling. So wrestling. So the one we were watching of Spencer Lee, he's in folk style. But when you're doing the Olympics, oh shit, when you're in the Olympics and everything else, that's more freestyling greco. You don't see as much folk style anymore. So, a lot of throwing, a lot of like getting got you know, if you're like pushing him out of balance. I'm not privy on all the rules because I grew up doing folk style, but I mean you watch burrows Man like he really is, Like his double leg is patented. I'm sure he's got the thing copyrighted, but he's a stud. Never did he ever lose? I mean, yeah, he's law. He's definitely lost. But did he lose, Yeah, I'm sure he has. I'm sure he has any Olympics. But I know when he was going and he was like throughout the Olympic run worlds, like he was winning Worlds, the Olympics, everything, like they would end up doing like one off to where he would wrestle in the middle of Times Square. He'd wrestle in the middle of Times Square against like maybe Kyle Dake, the dude from Cornell. But it's a cool world to be And that's why I'm obsessed with brackets and things like that, because you just grow up doing the whole bracket game.
Speaker 1: Who's the one seed? Who's this seed?
Speaker 3: You hear people arguing in all those meetings, who's gonna be the one seed? No, my kid's this, my kids that. But yeah, bro, this dude just fucking goateed. And I've been on them before. Uh yeah, he beats I mean look at it. Yeah, And so like Kyle Dake, this is Kyle Dak, and Kyle Dak's one of the one of the four timers. Look at this and he's getting points right here, he's getting under roll. Yeah, he's getting points.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: That's fucking cool.
Speaker 1: So is there a certain amount of points you can go to in wrestling to where it's like there's, hey, hit twenty one points that you're done in in freestyle?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it might be seven to oh and then that period style like that round stops a freestyle. I'm not as p but folk saw it's called a tech. It's fifteen points. You get fifteen point folk style. Folk style is what we were watching with Spencer Lee to where your top bottom the whole game of wrestling.
Speaker 1: And now you say top bottom, that's not it's not a gay thing you're talking about. Yeah, it's not a gay thing.
Speaker 3: I'm talking like when the period's over, and then we flip the coin in my ankle, like say my ankle color green hits, I get either defer to you pick top bottom or neutral, so I.
Speaker 2: Can pick on top and the deal will being all fours.
Speaker 3: But if I'm really good at bottom, I know I'm gonna scape or get a reversal on you easy because a point for escape of reversal, you get one point for escape. If you get reversal and you get behind them and control the hips, you got, that's two points. If you get if you're on top, that's two points. Yeah, I'm interested in getting to this. Yeah, we should go to one and like we can just talk through because it's a fun sport to be involved in and it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of it's over now right, like it's over right now. Yeah, but when's the next big match or the becks. Maybe go to a high school nationals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be fun just to do, right, It's a it's a fun sport. I'm telling you, Bro, the parents and everybody in that in that culture. I'm telling you, everyone lives in the wrestling for real. It's so it's that life, yo, that fires me. I'm kind of bummed, Like I never even sniffed that world. Yeah, never even fucking sniffed it. Oh, Mitch used the mic, like being a wrestler, like the life of having to cut weight and make it, it's the worst.
Speaker 1: Well, you remember Will talking about crying in the back. He had these protein chakes he could eat.
Speaker 2: He was so hungry.
Speaker 3: I quit it sixth grade and I was so scared to walk and tell my dad that I didn't want to wrestle anymore.
Speaker 9: Yeah, dude, my college roommate's little brother did it, and he would eat like a piece of lettuce a day because you couldn't eat anything because he had to make weight.
Speaker 3: No shit, Yeah, that's where like my Yeah, my my parents wouldn't let me eat badly.
Speaker 1: If Cody was in the middleweight cutting like, hey, you can't do it. In front of him, like it was.
Speaker 3: And then when I wrestled my junior year, Uh, it was only because, like I was either I either had to wrestle or I was grounded throughout the entire winter because I told my mom I would play baseball this spring before and that's why I wanted to start just focusing on football and like training and stuff like that all year round. And uh, since I didn't hold up to my words, she was like, you can either be grounded all winter or you wrestle because your mom said that. Yeah, because they love wrestling. My dad too, but my mom was the messenger about it. But uh so then I wrestled. But wrestling fucking sucks, bro, But like tell it to live that life. Going to your parents to tell them you want to quit a sport is the scariest thing as a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I tried to quit football really Yeah my freshman year of high school. High school, Yeah, I got a lot. I was like in a lot of trouble. Like, uh, I had some legal stuff going on. And my Dad's like, you got too much anger you're playing football. So like July in Arizona, super fucking hot. I go to like the August camp, like when they start like getting into their wall on the shorts and stuff, and they're putting us through drills like stations. Halfway through, my dad's sitting in the stands because hard. Oh dad, right, Like he's fucking watching the boy the boys in underwear fucking rip around. I go to my dad was going with a water break. Once my es I'm done, this is too much. My dad goes, all right, see they got in the visor and was the head coach, Chad de Green here and he goes, go tell him you quit. I'll be in the car, and I like, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Which is the right move, Like it's like, hey, if you want to stop, you gotta go do this, Okay, movie, I go do it yourself.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was I think that's the only time I tried to quit a sport and obviously think got it worked out.
Speaker 2: I think, God, I didn't quit that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, shit, could you imagine fucking quit ball?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 1: Dude quitting ball? And it was Yeah, that was like the hardest time because you want to quit so bad. Yeah, you want to start. You're also looking at your parents like they you know, they love this. Yeah, dude, I wanted to quit.
Speaker 3: After my first duel meet, I got beat by this kid from Pacific and I got hit with three three stalling calls for points. So that means I had a warning first and then three more stalling calls because.
Speaker 1: I was what is a stall call? I'm not moving, I'm not doing nothing, I'm mom to brother. I was so gassed. Yeah, I was so gassed.
Speaker 3: He was just leaning his way on top of and I just couldn't really move. I was so worn down, and so I'm getting hit for sun calls. I end up losing like nine to nothing or nine to one maybe, And I remember going and sitting on the bench and telling Jason and Cody. Jason he went on scholarship to go wrestle at Cornell and Cody you know beat you know, I'm like sitting next to him because I was basically forced into wrestling that year and I never went there. I always tried finessing practice because my partner was Jason, the Cornell wrestler.
Speaker 1: He would just dog me every day.
Speaker 3: But I went and sat down on the bench afterwards, I'm like, yeah, I'm fucking I don't want to do this, Like this fucking sucks. I went home told my parents like I'm not fucking doing this, or like you have to do this, and I ended up I said you have to do this. I ended up like gutting it out and ended up beating that kid from now by the way full circle, ended up beating that kid from Pacific in districts because I got my shit together a little bit more because I was I was embarrassed. Yeah, also shamed of the performance I had out there. And I was embarrassed. So that's what made me like want to quit. Uh. But yeah, dude, like going to that mental like, yo, I suck at this, Like I fucking I hate this. Yeah, what am I fucking doing all because you guys want me to fucking wrestle because I went back on my word. Uh but yeah, bro, it was it was. There was some tough there was some difficult times. There's this one kid I beaten and I lost to him a second time. I went up to the stands. My mom's like, don't talk to me. Oh noh yeah, yeah, she goes, you're gonna be She's like, if you're gonna put a performance like that and then not care after you lose, Like I don't want to hear what you have to say about it.
Speaker 1: I'm like it all right, Hey, that car ride.
Speaker 2: Home was tough.
Speaker 1: Hu Yeah yeah, yeah, it was just the crackling of a potato chip bag while you're trying to eat. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because I'd go out there with a mindset on if the kid was good, and I'm like, in my head, I would already kind of defeat myself. I beg, I'm gonna try to hit this kid with an over under, and if you if I don't hit this over under on him, he's gonna sink his hips and probably pin me.
Speaker 1: And so the over under didn't.
Speaker 2: Work and you let him pin you.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't like let him, but I went to my back and you're kind of like, you just get fucking pinch. What's an over under? Pulpit overrun, over under? An over under is like what Paul was working with this on at the UFC. At the UFC performances. We have an over on one arm and then an under on the other, and you're trying to hip him over. I'm trying to get leverage to hit him with an over under so that way you end up on top and can pin him and get the match.
Speaker 1: Over with. Yeah, so it's like you were a start fast, finished fast type pin or be pinned because it's a fucking grind out there.
Speaker 3: And then really I went against because I was a four seed and district and went against the state number one guy right out of the gate state.
Speaker 1: What now, how did that work out? Wasn't there like a lower sill? Yeah? So when you uh, when you're in districts. So this is the over under right here. We can play this on the our YouTube channel, right or people who's gonna watch me watch this. You grew up a gift maybe over underthrow or some shit. But I was this dude. He was committed to Missou. I forget his name, and I had him. I think I pulled him in the first round or maybe I got to the second round, I can't remember, and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Pinnerby pinned on this motherfucker dude, and it didn't work out. I was done in thirty up winning. Yeah, I got pinned in thirty like thirty second. No, did he end up winning the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, he was going to Missou like he was the number one guy in the state. Yeah, and MISSOI and Missouri is like Missouri then was a was a good wrestling state, and he anymore. I don't know, I haven't been in like that that world, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I like you would know about all the rankings, you know about all the families, you know about this, you know who's be aware of who's who in the zoo, and you know who's gonna be on Team Missouri to travel the national circuit.
Speaker 1: You know all that stuff. And again it's like Logan Steaber, we were in our Stierberg.
Speaker 3: We were like in around a lot of these families when you travel nationally, and Cody was always him, Like Cody was fucking him on the wrestling mats.
Speaker 1: That's fucking cool, man. Yeah, it was a fun world to be in. Do you think Cody could have won won a national championship in college? I think so, hey, he was gonna be. He would have been an All American for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fucking rad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would have been an America. I'm sure at that level. Bro.
Speaker 3: It comes down to, like wrestling is a different fucking sport. One day, like you'd come home, we'd live together, and I'd be like, oh, what was your guys workout today? And they're like, oh, they drove us two miles outside of Lincoln, dropped us off with a forty five pound plate and it was up to us to get it back to the facility.
Speaker 1: With the garbage bags around your body and shit like that. Yeah, when you're cutting weight, you're doing all that stuff like I'm talking.
Speaker 3: I've told you, like close the bathroom, stuff, the cracks of everything, with towels, turned on the hot shower, if you didn't have access to a steamer room, jump roping, spitting, doing absolutely everything to get Yeah, just spit anything you come up out of your system.
Speaker 1: That's dangerous shit, dude. I remember in high school watching the wrestling guys. They'd have like garbage bags like holes cut but then taped so would see it be like a pseudo like sweats.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nuts, man, that's crazy. It's nuts. But it's a rough life.
Speaker 3: It's a rough lifestyle, like you live like this load of the ground for when you're doing it in high school three months of the year.
Speaker 1: Like those wrestlers you wrestle all year round.
Speaker 2: What are the main injuries in wrestling.
Speaker 9: I don't know, maybe stuff. I had a kid, a kid I went to high school with he was pretty good. He wrestled, somebody slammed him down, he bit a part of this tongue off.
Speaker 3: Fuck these these are savages, man, because what's hard about wrestling, too is just the monotony of every day, because it's all drill work, drill and going live and trying to be in live situations. But just imagine, like you you circle up, you see moves, you're trying to work on most, but you're just it's just repetition, fucking living this load of the ground, like working all these moves over and over and over, and then you gotta go live. So you're like exerting all of your energy and this every day, you know what I mean. It's not like a play at a time, and you got the flow of practice like wrestling just and then you go and run, just fucking run bro forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, hey, run the halls of this high school. Like you just run the fucking halls.
Speaker 6: Brother.
Speaker 1: It's got to be one of the most exerting sports of all the sports. Yeah, other than like what cross country running and that ship's built for the sticks, yeah, built for the air doe? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: Runners?
Speaker 1: High? Like you just getting at you're like three miles and then all of a sudden, you don't even realize what's.
Speaker 2: Going on anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm good, bro. Bro. I see people like I feel like, when you hit your thirties, people just want to do five k s. They're like, I'm gonna train for a five K. I'm thinking to myself, why the fuck would you do that? Now? Fast forwards sixpensful now and be like, I'm gonna do a five K. I probably fucking end up being one of those guys.
Speaker 3: But brother, just a little bit of that competitive edge, Like it's like it's like we're we're you know, not knowing your future, but myself fresh off fucking competing at this level for eternity. It's like, y'a, I'll never fucking run dude, Dude, I you saw your boy hitting the fucking elliptical.
Speaker 1: You see you've seen your boy hit the elliptical a few times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just trying to fucking get twenty minutes. Just trying to get twenty minutes. I don't know. If you do this, when we hit the elliptical together, I will see your pace and I'm like, just try to do a little faster than then, Like it's it's always in you, dude, once you compete at a certain level, unless you're just not a competitor and you just had that kind of athletic ability and then you were able to play, you always are kind of competing. Like I'll do these classes in the morning where it's like just fast paced an hour workout. You get in, get in, get off, get out. What seems like this dude Austin Rodgers, the guy that built my fucking house. He is in there to fucking work and no one's gonna out work him like low key. I'm like, I want to get like, I want to get healthy faster, just so I can try to beat him. But he's so fucking He's strong and his endurance is crazy, and you know he's got a ball at Tennessee. Yeah, you know he's got He was a studge receiver. Yeah what Jake linear speed type guy, not a bait change direction guy.
Speaker 4: Austin Rogers, Rogers, I wouldn't say, like sud all right, that's for.
Speaker 3: Jackie's jack utilized. I go get the objective fan take on it. That's his Yeah, overall, but obviously.
Speaker 1: You were in a scholarship, Like you're a study in a campacity white receiver, so temper expectations. He won't like him, but he's a he's the boy, so stud Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: But all all to say is like, you know, he's competitive, competitive as fuck, but sometimes your jeans, injuries, whatever. Everyone's got to retire at some point, say say after high school varsity, Like some dudes just got a lot of dudes. Nine percent of guys got to retire. Bro, when you they still got that competitive bug and then maybe one day like they're working. Years go by and then they start getting a running a little bit. Somebody talks to me like I'm getting a little too fat, Like let me start losing a little weight. You start seeing progress, and oh there's this uh, there's these spartan races, there's these five CA's. You taste a little bit of that competitive edge you once had, and then all of a sudden you're addicted.
Speaker 1: You're into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's a it's a it's a level play for like it's all relative, like everybody's as there to get better. But you got that little voice telling you, like, yo, I want to compete with these motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Do you remember sitting in the locker room towards the end of your football season, like maybe the last game where you're in the playoffs and your coach is basically telling you, guys, hey, we had to win this game otherwise most of you this would be the last football game you ever play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you're sitting there.
Speaker 1: I mean, Bainfully had a scholarship my senior year, but I remember being like freshman through junior being like that's crazy, Like these boys are just done after this. Yeah, I didn't know anybody with a scholarship till I transferred schools. It's just crazy, bro, how it just ends. And then the dudes we all know those guys in high school that were just fucking yoked up, and you're like always a little bit jealous of them. Damn man, he's just fucking rocked up, like that slaying in high school. Then you see him like ten years later, like like a ten year reunion maybe you go to and they're kind of just that they just kind of kept fucking rolling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it does take that little Yeah.
Speaker 1: The competitive nature can get dormant after a while, but like once you start to feel that again and like you just it's all about setting goals dude, and being consistent. Right, you can just be consistent on those goals and you don't have to do you don't have to be a gor to go hard. You don't have to go fucking hard every single day, but just do a little incremental something like you say, like I just gotta do some sort of exercise every single day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brother, you're gonna see a little bit of progress. You just yeah, bitch man, dude, get that itch. And then that's why you see everybody doing it. You know, I'll see guys posting their peloton scores and stuff like that. It's just you just know that they caught something. Then they're just fucking back to right. I feel like you're probably at the Sean Booth classes. I'm sure when you went back and doing that and you see her body compete, there's just something in there that's like, Okay, I'm gonna fucking get after it.
Speaker 4: Now we're doing a march madness.
Speaker 7: Right now, you're paired up and you do like a heart rate score, and it's like the competitive nature right now in the gym is through the roof. People are like savages and they're just like grinding for fifty five minutes straight as hard as possible to get this heart rate score in like the perfect like designated zone, and it's a fucking time.
Speaker 1: Like there's probably nerves too. How do you guys do the heart rates store is like the highest the highest is good or you want to eat between these numbers.
Speaker 7: Levels and the fourth highest level is usually between I think like one hundred and thirty to one hundred and forty five beats per minute is like the ideal exertion raid zone. So you don't want to be in the highest zone, but you want to be in the fourth highest zone to get the most points per minute.
Speaker 4: It's like based on a score, so.
Speaker 1: If you're in the highest zone, you don't get like is it's points.
Speaker 7: So it's like the fourth highest zone is you get the maxim amount of points, which is fifth high zone is.
Speaker 4: Then the second highest points.
Speaker 2: You can get and then it incrementally goes down from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I enjoyed that booth thing we did at one time when Sean came on the bus and he was like, you guys gotta come do and we literal wouldn't did that that day, right, Just tough because we did got fucking bodied. I think we did a body in the morning, just you know, the throat that we had a double day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had. I mean we had a double day. We had a fall.
Speaker 7: Have you all ever used like meal prepping and stuff like specifically like Factor.
Speaker 1: Do say that again? Have you have you done like meal prepping the end? Oh? Meal prepping?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 1: Damn, I'm sorry, Jad, great fucking call ros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job.
Speaker 1: And that's that's definitely on my dumb brain.
Speaker 4: Bro, It's okay.
Speaker 1: I thought I should have just started reading it. Yeah, you're like he's talking about the taling about this.
Speaker 3: I'm literally still going it's like processing in my head. I'm like meal prep. Yah, a fucking of meal prep.
Speaker 2: Meal prep.
Speaker 1: I was gonna I was gonna have you read it. That's what I was waiting for you to do it.
Speaker 10: Go.
Speaker 3: We're up for springtime with Factor Boys, America's number one ready to eat meal kit. Get nutritious, chef prepared meals delivered straight to your door, leaving you time and energy to tackle everything on your to do list. It's actually is great timing with all the little competitives you started talking, look and feel your best in time for warmer weather with calorie smart meals around five hundred and fifty calories or less with factors, skip the trip to the grocery store and skip the chopping, prepping, and cleaning up as well. Factor factors, fresh never frozen meals are ready in just two minutes. All you have to do is heat and enjoy. Prepped by chefs and approved by dietitians, each meal has all the ingredients and nutrition nutrients that you need to feel satisfied all day long. Get Factor and enjoy clean eating without the hassle. Simply choose your meals and enjoy fresh flavor pack meals delivered to your door, ready in just two minutes, no prep, no mess. Head to Factor meals dot com slash bustin fifty and use code busting fifty to get fifty percent off your first box. That's code busting fifty at Factor meals dot com. Slash bustin fifty to get fifty percent off your first box.
Speaker 1: That's worth doing. Boys and girls, Yeah, because we don't. We think about the summertime when it's a little too late. Right now, we're on that fringe. We know it's coming. If you haven't started on that summer body, use factor. Yeah, fifty percent off your first box. Yeah, busting from there. Who wouldn't love that? No question? It is it is you gotta win the war in the kitchen.
Speaker 10: That is the war.
Speaker 1: You can go and lift all the weights in the world. Dude, if you don't have a good little diet putting them good little nutrients in your body, you're gonna look like shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just what it is.
Speaker 1: The game for your boy, like the war in the kitchen isay is alive?
Speaker 2: Do you want to talk? Hold on? Was that number four?
Speaker 1: Number five?
Speaker 2: At one more?
Speaker 1: One more? At what's going to be Duke Cannon the best? Yeah, we had some exciting stuff coming up with Duke Cannon and some other exciting stuff. I want to talk about that. We're going to get into the summer possibly. I want to get ahead of this so that people know. Last year we did a Beer Olympics with the Tennessee Titans. It was a great time. It was an all day affair. We finished practice and immediately went there. This year me personally, and we need to start working, shopping this and getting this whole thing done. I want to make this thing fucking massive. I want comedians, I want country singers. I want athletes of all kinds, hockey, baseball, football, at one location, fighting the good fight from like like starting at nine am. Type shit, legit production, and a legit prize, a legitimate prize where we're talking maybe a vehicle. Hang on, don't temper expectations. Now I'm taking I'm talking a big fucking prize.
Speaker 7: What I'm talking about I feel like official sanctioned referees because.
Speaker 2: Last yeah, I'm not playing zebra.
Speaker 7: This year was hammered and it got a little dice heed right since the sun started going down and we.
Speaker 1: Got the structure, the structure. Will and I started talking about this a few weeks ago. Well, we we've been ever since the first Beer Olympics. Were like, we should do that again, bubblah blah. Yeah. Lastye when we had the old line come over and we had Beer Olympics, We're like, oh man, it'd be sick to make this right. And this weekend I got the wild hair. I was like, man, I should probably start doing this. It's already March. I should probably start getting into it. I start texting people talking about big names coming to do this, talking about big names, your boys, talking about big time guys coming to drink, big time beers with the boys, start going through lists, start going through UH dates and everyone. Obviously, all the people I'm reaching out to are extremely busy because there's a reason why they're busy, and they're so successful because they do shit all the time. So I'm trying to narrow down dates. If I can get a date narrowed down, this thing's going to be fucking epic. I'm talking about legit production. I even had a thought, and this is kind of just we're gonna have a little open brain trust here for a second, like the mini golf they had for UH for Barstool, maybe have commentators and live streaming it.
Speaker 3: See the live streaming I think gets dicey, man, because we're talking about some drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people might be drinking, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's a good point, and that's all I needed to fucking move away from that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying the streaming aspect definitely gets dicey, because I'm sure if we get if they're sponsors on this and stuff like that, I'm sure there'll have to be some guidelines and things that we have to make sure we do, yeah, correctly, uh, but all this is it's going to be an incredible blog.
Speaker 1: And I do I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Like true referees not true referees, Like definitely somebody wearing professional referee.
Speaker 1: It has to fucking focus on their job the whole time. Yeah, it has to make sure they know the rules and they fucking enforce those rules. High vibes, personalities, and fucking beer drinking.
Speaker 2: God, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: And then we should do something drunk at the end, like uh, like if we have a bunch of comedians, we do the thing, and then after that we go to eighties and then they have to they just stand up like that last.
Speaker 2: Time we went to Losers last time.
Speaker 1: Or you get a little fucking sprinter vane or something. Yeah, do something like that and then get rowdy, get rowdy on the town that night. If the boys can't even make.
Speaker 3: It, so we should smack and I'm not gonna say any names, but we should smack.
Speaker 1: Some food after too, like fucking dive in on some girl. Yeah he's talking about some dirt you know, you know, talk about that place, that place that wants to sponsor exactly. Yeah, that's why I don't want to say any names. We want that place because that's another vlog, you know what I mean, and some good energy. And that's why we got five ads today. Boys, that's why we got five ads. This says you guys are fucking letting the ship happen. Dude, it's incredible. Should we talk? We got to do shout out, no fore shoutout? Yeah, we do, got to do shoutout. Let's sit shout out, no free shout out, and then we'll get to the Nickelback episode. And we'll even hit the Duke cannon before the Nickelback episode for so those of you who want to get in the nickel Back boom, you got the whole episode, no issues, all right, shout out no free shoutout This week obviously we're gonna start with uh bloss BLOSSI what he got for us, homie.
Speaker 11: Well, speaking of food, my shout out this week actually goes to a video that you guys participated in.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 11: You guys created the uh the sushi castrole. I saw that video and uh, I love sushi, but it could get pricey. But I tried that castrole much cheaper than actually going out and getting uh sushi. But I gave that recipe of trying and it was actually pretty good. I didn't know you guys didn't enjoy seaweed like that. I love seaweed, so it was ten times more enjoyable than I think you guys.
Speaker 2: It let it off to be but.
Speaker 1: Had a big seaweed guy. Yeah to say it, I am a seaweed. I don't think I ever alluded to not being a seaweed. I actually said the texture of the seaweed made it a whole lot better, because otherwise it would just be mush. It was your first time trying it, though, right or you said you know I've had seaweed. I've had hand rolls before. Brother, I'm all about that sushi game.
Speaker 3: See, I've had the fucking seaweed snacks that they try and sell, and I think those are fucking garbage.
Speaker 11: Okay, well that's that sponsors off the table. But yeah, weh, I shout out, no free shadow goes to fuck it Fridays.
Speaker 7: Let's go who was it will, which one of y'all was like, seaweed is a delicacy.
Speaker 1: Shot like that couldn't be farther from the truth.
Speaker 3: He announcement though, before you say that, something just came across my phone. John Wick four official Wow Wick four will be coming out. I think it's a headliner.
Speaker 6: I love that me too.
Speaker 7: I'm about that my shotow in Every shadow goes to something current. One of the greatest things in sports March madness. You cannot beat this last weekend that just went on with the tournament sixty four going on, games every second, upsets going on. Perdue went down hard, the Balls had an incredible win over Duke. So it's just really fun when everybody kind of you know, collaborates on the brackets. You're talking shit with your homies, you're throwing out bets on teams you've never even heard of.
Speaker 4: You really just can't beat that kind of vibe in March.
Speaker 7: And it truly is so shout out to uh the brackets everywhere that are just getting absolutely thrusted by these upsets.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of upsets going on because when Purdue lost, that's when the Purdue wrestler won.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It was nice going back to john Wick four a little bit though. That is like the new Jason Bournes. The Boogeyman is back. Bro That ship is so fucking good and Kanu Reeves his best his best movie of all time is Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Speaker 2: But the fucking which movie?
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever seen. You've never seen Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I haven't. I apologized. That's tough, but he is phenomenal movie. However, John Wick, they got the way he fucking gets that stuff done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is incredible that.
Speaker 4: He's a combat train in real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's was fucking awesome about it. Those little videos that come out are awesome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm like just training, rolling with guys, and yeah, there's a lot of there's a low key, a lot of good Keanu Reeves movies placement now hard Ball Matrix, Yeah, oh yeah, Matrix.
Speaker 2: I never got into the Matrix.
Speaker 1: I never was.
Speaker 2: I never liked the Matrix.
Speaker 7: And Reeves in the Matrix alone made more money in a three part series than any person in history.
Speaker 4: It's like the biggest franchise of all time.
Speaker 1: That's outstanding. I can't believe Star Wars there with that, like richer than God. But he's also like the coolest guy ever, so he gets to pick his shots. Now, that's why he said, Yeah, I just want to do John Wick like what I do in real life. Like, let's just make this into a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, four of them, Like he's probably so hype he gets to do a fourth one of like just the same character, just go run and murder everybody.
Speaker 1: Definitely an Illuminati suspect, you think, so, Keanu Reeves, maybe he might be there.
Speaker 4: He's not. He's the guy you might.
Speaker 1: Think, but he's only trying to take down the Illuminati.
Speaker 7: Maybe infiltrate. Oh okay, we got a new movie for you, Keanu Reeves, The Illuminati.
Speaker 1: Trader Mitchie. What you got for your shoutout? No free shot out of the week.
Speaker 9: All your shutup of the week goes to something that went on this weekend. Uh, not the March madness. But I had a bunch of my buddies from college and from when I lived in Charlotte come and visit, uh, And it was just an absolute shit show where it was that Broadway for like ten hours one day and next day we were at Broadway for like eight hours. But just the camaraderie around being with your boys again and like just catching up on what's been going on, and like just the funny videos and stuff. You take of people just while you're out. It's just a vibe like no other. So shout out to when your boys visit you. Yeah, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: And it's also a dangerous one when you're adding two different friend groups and putting them together, your college boys or Charlotte boys and making it making the mess. There could be some anxiety behind that. When they all come in, you're hope and then they all get together unless they've known each other before this.
Speaker 9: So like when I'm living in Charlotte, like I had a couple of my college buddies down there and then we moved down there and we all kind of like messed together.
Speaker 2: Okay, they all came together. To say, that's a vibe. But it was so much fun. Broadway is a good time. It's a good time.
Speaker 1: But you're like just cooking and saying I'm gonna I'm gonna party doing that.
Speaker 2: It's you can only take it for so long. Like, I'm sick of it already. You're over Broadway. I'm just I'm just kind of like over being crammed around people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it gets madness down there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, last time was on brought It was actually the Beer Olympics.
Speaker 1: Like a month unless you go to act me for a lot for our our watch parties or pregame whatevers. Yeah done and acting okay, thank you watch parties as well. Yeah, I've been to a couple of those. Now, really, what you have for a shoutout? Shot of the week?
Speaker 3: My shout out, no free shout out of the week goes to a simple pleasure in life. And it's even the simplicity of this is something that was very refreshing when I did this last night, because I'm good to do it maybe a time or two each week.
Speaker 1: But my shoutout, no free shoutout goes to the smell after lighting. I will take I will take matches, pull it out of the drawer, and I will literally just light a match and watch it just burn to the end until my fingertips get a little burnt and I put out, and then I just fill the room with that scent. Hell yeah, and I love that scent. So that's my shot, I know for a shot out.
Speaker 3: That is Like I was sitting back last night, I told Chorro, I said, I got a shout out, no for a shout out, because she goes, yo, you love lighting matches, and I'm like, I really do, and I'm like, it's gonna go to this simple pleasure, like it just brings me a very short term joy of just taking in that scent.
Speaker 1: Yes, but my shout out no for shut out bro. It's funny how men like unique sense like a match being lit and then just smelling the match instead of instead of putting a candle on. Or gasoline. Gasoline is one that for whatever reason, you get a nice little huff before you get back in the car after filled up the tank that before I came here actually.
Speaker 3: Or if you're if you get a little on you like, oh, you do the thing, but you got a weird fetish of smelling the gasoline.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Or I might be alone here this give a little and then give it a little.
Speaker 2: And that's weird.
Speaker 1: Nah, that's straight.
Speaker 4: That's everyone does.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I'm just lost.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I like to get that wedge in between, like the groin.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is this really?
Speaker 1: And for whatever reason you're like, yeah, I can understand how people would not like to smell of that. But for whatever reason, I'm liking my own scent right now. You don't like it, But you're like, for whatever I want to do it, guess what you're into jet because I'm saying every dude does.
Speaker 7: That, but no, I mean I'm not into it, but like I'm not gonna lie and say that that's weird, like if like every guy does that.
Speaker 3: Every guy does that, but NA like being into the scent, I think is where we got to draw the line.
Speaker 1: It's not like, oh I need that as a perfume or I enjoy like gasoline, I really smell. I'm like, yo, I fucking love the smell of gasoline. I don't know why, but I just, fucking for whatever reason do that. It's like like the forbidden fruit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's something, dude.
Speaker 1: It gives me some sort of like I don't know, I don't know how to really express that, but here I am so my shadow fore Shadow goes to that groin smell the cheese nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cheesy dude.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm like, I got a shout out, no free Shadow to uh, Emo's not dead and Matt Cutshell I believe his name is. Jackie posted a video of us when we were a couple of weeks ago doing our tear talk doing our albums we did play uh Your Broken Hero, which is Matt Cutchell's band. It's kind of a spoof, it's kind of not but he put the music on its fire as fuck. And so they sent me a bunch of gear, a shipload of shirts. I'm talking about a big ass color, a big ass box. I'm talking about hoodies, reusable bottles, like a whole bunch of shit, a whole bunch of stuff, coffee and so nice. Right, So they sent me in tales like you gotta shout them out. I was like, I will on shoutout no Free Shadow today. So my shotut no Free Shadow goes to Emo's Not Dead and Matt Cutshell I believe. I hope I'm saying his name's right. I hope I'm saying his name correctly this week nickel Back, I mean, what what do you even say?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Wills the greatest band of all time? You guys all know who my favorite band of all time is, but a band that truly were like the first band probably ever hated on to the degree that they were hated on. Yeah, Like they've been through hell and back and still came back, dude, hell and back and now they're back. But they literally had amazing stories. Due they only sat here for an hour, they had to go do a whole bunch of shit. They're coming back in August, and I think we're going to be a part of their their Bridge Stone Arena. Your boy will be in Italy, the boys and I will be a part of Nickelback.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be amazing. That's gonna be tough. We'll make sure to have an outstanding vlog for you guys to show not only you but also Will Compton.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't get a twisted now. I will group and go a city wherever they're at, still get an experience sitting there till hey, we got to go to wherever they're performing, get out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But Italy right then and there. And we actually made that plan probably before you major Italy plan. No, No, when they were talking August firs first. Already it was an uphill battle, really because I remember at that point you were talking about going to Italy like June or July.
Speaker 3: No you, I think you guys are talking about Italy in late June, late June, and years are we'll be there and then too.
Speaker 1: No, I think we were just if you're look in the group chat that we all were in, we were just talking about like things of doing it understandable, understandable, but incredible storytelling. And also give me his name, please, Chad Kroger. Chad Kroger sings on this podcast and legit. It's like, dude, we've all been around people in the car and then a song comes down that they know the words too, and they start belting out and you're kind of like cringing for him. Chad Kroger busts out a couple and you're like, holy fuck, sounds just like he's actually ripping it right now. It was incredible. He sounds like talks about his cousin. He talks about his cousin. I believe it is Alberta, who literally quit the band a year before they signed a deal to sell insurance. What a fucking idiot hindsight.
Speaker 3: But the probability of that is, you know, obviously point zero zero one, right, But that is a tough loss to look.
Speaker 1: Back, which brings me to it, would you rather would you rather be able to travel back in time or travel to the future, because I feel like mine's easy travel back in time. Yeah, I got mitched whispering he's with you, bloss also yeah, taking his head, Okay, change the past. But also like, just like you march madness, dude, just like use march madness and talking about bets with the boys. You watch all the games. Go back in time?
Speaker 2: See you want to go though?
Speaker 1: No, no, you're not like hot tub time machine. How far back would you want to go though, Jack Bilzerian Dude, at the end of that day, I'd go back to high school. Yeah, go back, But I would you? Now you're adding an extra element because do you go back in time and become the person you were back then? Or you travel back in time like yourself? Like would I travel with thirty one year old Taylor travel back to two thousand and four? Of course my thirteen year old self. Yeah, no, I'm asking I'm not there's of course, there's nothing I think when asking them. Would you rather travel back in time? You have to go back to where to what you were and still relive all of those days, but you can you come back to the president. You can eventually come back to the present where we are now. So I would be thirty one year old tailor in a thirteen year old tailor's body and having to relive.
Speaker 9: This eighteen seventeen thirteen, I'm thirty one about the seventeen Fuck it was eighteen years.
Speaker 1: Eighteen eighteen thirteen thirteen plus.
Speaker 9: Eighteen seventeen you're thirteen. Oh yeah it is fourteen. Yeah it's eighteen, not four fourteen year old tailor.
Speaker 1: Team plus eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're in your thirteen to one. You're in your thirteen year old body, and yeah it's it's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'd like to manipulate this a little bit more and be able to bank I'm back being thirteen. Maybe I go kiss Austin Howell. Maybe I go make that move that I wanted to make that's a and I go back to thirty one. No, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think that kind of levels the playing field because I think going back in the past would be the move. You jump back, you change something, you come back to the future like you're like, fucking it's like shooting fish in the barrel. But you got to go back and you stay there and still relive out, relive out, you know, until we get to this point.
Speaker 1: So the future look into the future, So at the future, you'd be able to go to the future. See the future and come right back. Yeah, I think that evens the playing field. Then I might go future because the same rules apply with betting. You go to the future, you see that, you come back and say, boys follow me?
Speaker 6: You would it?
Speaker 2: Like what about if you wanted to travel back to like before you were born?
Speaker 1: Like, well, that that doesn't play into Will's scenario. Yeah, this is my thought.
Speaker 9: My thought process was, I would want to travel back to when my dad was a kid. Is the ship that he did seems sound Yeah, the ship that he did.
Speaker 1: Imagine you're all of a sudden, a sperm ripping.
Speaker 2: I'm like, god, damn it, dude, Like the stuff that he did sound so cool? Oh fuck almost them?
Speaker 1: Did you fucking get you? And then you're just you never existed?
Speaker 3: You're just left laying there on your mom's back, dude, evaporating up.
Speaker 1: Into the cloud. Oh fuck, dude. That's that adds an extra element. So I probably travel the future in that situation. Then I don't know though, because that's a fun one. That's a fun one for the kind of a Yeah, would you rather go into the future be able to come back, or go into the past and relive it?
Speaker 3: Going back to the past and relive in the past, like the moments that you just know you're not getting back and you just be ay, boys, like we're fucking not getting this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what if you fuck something up and then all of a sudden you get to thirty one you're like, damn, I didn't make it to the NFL, I didn't do a podcast.
Speaker 7: With my boy and you're loky movies about this, Back to the Future being one of them.
Speaker 4: It almost ruined my life.
Speaker 1: But did you not cry at the end of the movie? Eyes out anyway, but.
Speaker 3: He's he's clicking and then it's just rewiring for the future. So it's like both are playing into Yeah. Yeah what Yeah that one that's put some shit into perspective. Boys like enjoy the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also superpowered to suck talk about superpowers. I would love to manipulate time. I know I'm I'm opening another bag here, but like I thought about this morning when I woke up early, and I was like, let's let's save it for a Thursday spot, all right, because these are good conversation, Yeah, conversation conversations, and then we'll unpack do your homework on fucking future past and We'll unpack this in the next episode, but right now, let's talk about Duke Cannon, because there's some big fucking things happen with Busts with the boys and Duke Cannon. The boys that Duke Canon are back on the bus and are here to keep everyone looking good and smelling great. Everyone knows the fact that the off season is the best time to put in the hard work. And Duke Cannon makes hard working, hardworking grooming goods for hard working dudes.
Speaker 3: You fucking got that hard working grooming goods for hardworking dudes.
Speaker 1: Bro dudes, from their thick body wash to their big ass brick of soap and anti purse print and anti purse prints and deodorants. Duke Cannon has your back, not like Mitch's Mom's back and your pits. Dude personal endorsement. I like to let you guys know that I use Duke Canon every single day. I have the cooling toodor on right now because it gets hot on this bus and i might be pinning out a little bit, but I'm feeling fresh and recovering at all times. Dude, use do us a favor, use code busting. You want to say that again? Well, I would like to shout out sandal woodcent or sandal Wood Incredible. It's my favorite. That's my favorite, and I will say there's another scent coming out that you guys are gonna fucking you're gonna love it. Use code busting ten to check check out. Use code busting to hold on, let me you got it, Let me reset. Use code bust and ten at checkout on Duke Cannon dot com for ten percent off courtesy of the boys, or pick up your favorite products at your local Target retailer. You crushed it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I would love to continue this podcast because it's been a whole lot of fun with you boys, but we had a whole other podcast due tomorrow for Thursday, so I figure we're hanging.
Speaker 2: Up and we get right into this Nickelback podcast.
Speaker 1: That idea.
Speaker 2: Do us a favor.
Speaker 1: Please subscribe, unsubscribe, We subscribe. Be a friend, tell a friend, do the pay it forward thing, Tell two people, who tell two people, who tell two people. Let's keep this thing going to the moon. This thing has been going amazing the first quarter of this year. Thank you so much. With that being said, let's get right of this Nickelback podcast. I watched What's Brother Live in the dream Time Daniel Taylor.
Speaker 6: And then and then he did this thing where he opened up a box full of gifts from or like, oh this is during COVID. I did the unboxing was unreal, just like opening shit up, I know. And then uh so somebody chucked one of our there was like a Nickelback CD. And then and then I washed the my off.
Speaker 2: Fuck here we go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody to catch his hands like he's gonna just start shredding this and he pulls it out and he goes, I bet you people think I'm gonna talk shit. You know what, that's a really good band. It's a good band right here, and then just goes right on the next thing. And I was like, Okay, I fucking love this dude. Yeah, just like that was David is really like that man.
Speaker 1: He I don't know when this episode is coming out, So if we put this one out before Dave, Dave was on here last week, Okay, he's gonna be our turn on two hundred episode and the guy just just steals views. He really has just done something amazing. Do you know how Barstools started?
Speaker 6: Not really you know for me, like the yeah, the extent of my knowledge on the whole thing was just him doing these pizza reviews. Yeah, you know, that was my That was my introduction, you know, because I just kept kind of kept looking over at my girl's iPad. I'm like, what do you Why are you watching this, dude, pizza interview or pizza review?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, And the next thing I know, I stopped my game and I'm I'm captivated, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like the dude, like it's like some dating show on Netflix. At first, like what are we watching this for? And then everything you're like, oh, they're gonna propose, you know. Yeah, at first you're like, why are you watching? Like kaddde? Everyone knows Chad's an asshole? How's she falling for this? But dude, the story, I'll give you a sparking note version on Barcel and how it started as Dave went to the University of Michigan, graduated like ninety seven ninety eight, goes back to Boston, starts a newspaper company under like five aliases and like puts in like fake sponsors like Mastro's Steakhouse puts in a fake sponsor for that, and then I'll have like the real sponsors like like some random strip club like a Hooters or something like that, and he would just put him in these free mail boxes and it just slowly started to grow, and they have done an amazing job of just like changing with the tide Internet happens and it becomes massive podcasts or happy like flogging, blogging, yeah, all that stuff, blogging, vlogging, all the logs.
Speaker 2: He just scammed and hustled as well. But he's a true, a true hustle. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: If he wanted a Ruth Chris Steakhouse ad sponsorship, he would put in a fake one of a competitor, so then he could call Ruth Chris back and be like, hey, so and so is doing this.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you don't want to get in the papers?
Speaker 6: Like, dude, that's fantastic hustle. I love the hustle, Dude, love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like so back in the day when we were doing everything ourselves, like everything was independent. We were we were pressing our own CDs, we're making our own like our own artwork and everything, and then we were distributing all this And I'm on the phone with radio stations, so I'd call up the program director of a radio station. I'd be like, hey, did you get on did you get our package? Did you get a chance to listen to the song we're working? Yeah, yeah we did, we did, and I'm like, oh, wonderful. And before I you know, and I would just gauge like was it a little tepid, you know, because they'd be like, yeah, great tune. We threw it into a light rotation right off the bat. Oh that's wonderful, Thank you so much, you know, or be like yep, and then a little pause, and I'd be like, well, you know, if you're interested to see who else in the country's planet right now, I can I can fax And that was and we were faxing back then. I can fax over like a playlist and show you what, you know, the four nearest radio stations to you are doing and where we are in the playlist. And they'd be like, oh, I'd love that, Like, oh, that'll be over to you in probably less than thirty minutes, and they're like that's great, wonderful, okay, And so I would take So I would get anybody that we got added to, I'd be like, oh, can you just can you fax me a copy of the playlist that shows us on there. So I would take us and I would swap us up like ten positions, you know, tape it on there and go like this, and then I would photocopy it and then I would fax them to other radio stations showing them that we were like ten spots higher than we actually were.
Speaker 2: And then we get the ad. No show the hustle the US for sure, And you guys have been doing it for so.
Speaker 8: Long now, and you didn't calls you right, you'd be like, Hi, this is whoever on calling on? Behalf of Nickelback.
Speaker 6: You would act as your own Asia basically well independent radio promoter because we didn't have a record company, so I was just calling them up all the time, and just like that was that was so my.
Speaker 2: I guess my.
Speaker 6: My experience or my my schooling for this would have been my education. I was a telemarketer for a while and I'm like, so what am I doing? And they're like the worst job of all time, God's horrible. You're just sucking donations out of old, old ladies, you know, and you're just like you're just like getting on the phone with these people and just trying to get their money into whatever company.
Speaker 1: The ladies are giving it to you that you were just picking you out them everywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's terrible. Yeah, but it's like, you know, the one I was doing it for was Make a Wish, so you know it was at least it was a good cause. So we're doing the Make a Wish Foundation, and I was I just got so good at getting on the phone with people. So when it came time to like, okay, well who's gonna call these radio stations, I'm like I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 6: Like I was a telemarketer for a year and it's like I got this down. And then it's just like you just have to be charismatic, cool, get a rapport going, get them talking. You know, remember their name one that just rolled through that you guys all right over there. It's funny you say that. Actually there was a lot of hail and then they started going into it and you're like, oh them, get them talking, yeah, you know, and then just get a little something. It's like, oh, you know, it's so your hockey team, uh you guys, you guys, let a whooping on the whoever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I's like yeah, yeah, no, the boys are doing well right now, and just get them going, yeah, get them talking, get them, get them to like you and if they can like, if you get them like and all of a sudden, it's like I will never play this, Banta. I'll give you a shot. Yeah, you know sales. You were just selling, selling, selling, and that's the bit.
Speaker 1: So like take a step back, like when did how did this whole nickel back start?
Speaker 2: Like like what was your process?
Speaker 1: We're like, I'm really gonna do this because when I was listening to the interview, I was just telling you about you were at a Metalla concert smoking a joint and getting arrested and spending a few months in Juvi.
Speaker 2: That's that's where I was at that point. I don't really have to answer the question. Yeah, yeah, no, I mean that was I was fourteen, I think when that happened. But oh brother, we I think everybody spent a little time in Juvi. Yeah you never went there.
Speaker 1: No, if you were at the JUV, I was, I mean I was. I was a good kid.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're hustling behind the curtain, yeah yeah, avoid do do the stuff to where you when it gets too far you got to just face Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that's crazy. You guys would do that. You had to just stitch on everybody else.
Speaker 6: No, if you go and if you did a little stint, it was a hell of a deterrent because if you're like, if this is anything even close to what prison is like, and it's not.
Speaker 2: But it's just like, I don't want to know.
Speaker 6: I don't want to spend any length of time here, like when someone takes your eat them away from you. So you're just like, no, I'm good, Yeah, I need to try something else. And so with the whole music thing, it was like I just you know, I didn't really I didn't know how to write a song that well back then, and it was just you just try and learn and learn and learn and learn, and then you get on stage and and you know, you just work your ass off and and and try and figure out what the hell you're doing, you know, process of just not process of elimination, but it's like trial by fire, like get up there and just go just do it, do it, do it? What'd you do right this time? What'd you do wrong this time? Don't do that again? Do this every single time, like you to.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of I wonder how that compares like stand up because I feel like if you're a standing comedian and you just go up there and you bomb, and you know you bombed. But I feel like, if you guys are playing, can you tell if people are enjoying themselves? What's it? What's what's a shitty show? Look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If I'm getting up there and I'm giving them my heart and soul, I get off there and I kind of did something today, then yeah, you kind of feeling your baby.
Speaker 2: We just were for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like if you're playing like a if you're playing a Monday night right after uh, like Saint Patrick's Day, and everybody's hung they just hung as fuck, right, and it's a Monday on top of that, and you know you can just feel you can feel it up there because like you finish, you finished playing like a big song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're just like and like I've said to the crowd before, hey, I know you're all hungover. I'm hungover too.
Speaker 6: You guys paid for the tickets, so you just have as much fun or as little fun as you want to have. But my job up here is to try and get you into it. So shake it off, get a beer, climb back on the horse and let's do this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, let's go.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work, it does?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I'm like, you paid, you paid for these tickets.
Speaker 6: You had to find a babysitter tonight, you to do all these things to get down here, and now you're here and you're just sitting there dragon.
Speaker 2: I was just like, oh, I'm like, I know, I know you're hungover. I could feel it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like and I don't give a shit that it's monday. I don't care that you have to work tomorrow. You bought these tickets and my job is to entertain you.
Speaker 2: Right on.
Speaker 1: Many's giving its head talk up there, so let them know. We're about to play a banger for you boys. Everybody shit together, this one's gonna hit.
Speaker 2: You want to all right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go?
Speaker 1: Are going so how to like at first, obviously you don't have that kind of stage presence. You're sitting there and you're like, hey, I hope this goes well, and you guys are doing your thing, like wait, everybody, yeah, hey, glad to be here today. We're nickelback, and they kind of just like get into it.
Speaker 2: A long way to get here.
Speaker 1: So how did when it like did the confidence start coming when you like, the hit started coming, or was it just process of just going through it over and over and over again.
Speaker 8: My band, I was in the original band of Vancouver. We won a local radio contest, so we are on the radio for a bit, and the prize was to play the big show the end, and I opened up for these guys. Actually, no way, Yeah, ninety nineteen ninety nine or ninety eight. You just got back. You were on the State Store. I think I've seen a lot of local bands and stuffered some really good ones. We played, and then I watched them play and I was like, these guys have something, some kind of some kind of zeitgeist looked just like something the X Factor things.
Speaker 2: Right, A scar sale salesman that's up there front of that band.
Speaker 6: He's on.
Speaker 2: A speech of this crowd.
Speaker 1: He just motherfucker actually enjoying their time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was halftime. Yeah, yeah, so you go out there, you're you were with this band who I'm assuming they're not together anymore.
Speaker 8: No, New Big Shoes was the band New Big Shoes who made up that name? I don't know, we drew it out of a hat or some shit. No way, we were called face Basket before that, so it was just like was a cool name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: You see that and that because it's like, if you guys were playing somewhere, I need to see face baskets, Like I'm like, these dudes look heavy as hell.
Speaker 1: They go hard, yeah face And we were in face Basket after it, Dude, how'd you get in? How'd you get in with the boys with these guys by saying it that night?
Speaker 2: See what?
Speaker 8: Like I knew our tourment, their tour manager, Kevin. I was always kind of in touch. And then I actually won the lottery myself and joined three Doors Down and I was Vagua.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I moved down to southern Alabama to be with them and toured for about two and a half years, and then we did a co headlining tour of North America and uh that's when Chad was checking out my drum solo live and stuff and uh oh yeah, and whether we were hammered in Houston day and you're like, anything ever happens to my drummer, I'll call you that.
Speaker 2: I was like, Wow, that's cool, But how high was I.
Speaker 1: Everyone's been there when they had that like in depth, like deep conversation when they're a little too lit up.
Speaker 6: But I was like, I was, no, but I was watching Danielle and I was like, you know, I was I'm like, fuck, this kid can play. And then he'd and then you know, he'd lean over and start singing harmonies in the chorus, like fucker can sing too.
Speaker 8: All young drummers learning how to sing. Really at one million percent, dude, I wonder why.
Speaker 6: That is glit hired over the guy you can't sing because s nice to have three part harmonies and you can. He hits the high he hits the high high harmony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just make it twinge a little bit. Yeah, you get out there, so.
Speaker 6: He's not only back there kicking the ship out of the drums, but he's also singing the whole time he's back there. So I have no excuse if I'm sitting there going o god, tonight really kicked my ass. You're like, oh, yeah, you should have tried drum on the whole fucking show.
Speaker 2: At the same time, you know, it's like like mad respect.
Speaker 8: So yeah, you just eventually called he was the right timing, and here we are, he still with three doors down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how does that ship work? That's why I'm curious. There's got to be somewhat of a breakup there, and I'm sure it didn't it sucking him up a aim and be like, hey boys, this isn't working.
Speaker 8: It was a It was a kind of a hard decision at the time. Yeah, it was because three Doors.
Speaker 12: We just yeah, because there was went number one at rock and you just go off the long road tour and everyone's like, oh, nickel Bag's done, you know there.
Speaker 2: Well, I was like, I don't know, man, real sinking ship. Yeah, yeah, the record got yeah.
Speaker 8: Your handlin fuck you move, Daniel, You're jumping onto a sinking ship.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh god, what.
Speaker 8: I took weeks to decide the event. They started calling me like yeah, but what dude, are you coming to not make a decisions?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I said, you get in the room with us and you help us write these songs and I'll give you publishing. And he was like, and that record all the right reasons went just went on to sell over twenty two million copies worldwide. Just then was the first record he jumped on. And my audition was photographing far away the studio. Let's go, Yeah, how.
Speaker 2: Does it work? What's enticing about producing or would you publish that?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Like what like I don't know anything about publishing or something like mouth is open going, oh yeah, but we really don't know what that means.
Speaker 6: So if you're if you're on stage, if you're in the band, and there's for you guys, right, you split that paycheck every night four ways, right. But when it comes to the song, when the song is generating revenue in terms of publishing, in terms of the writer, the writer's share, when it gets played on the radio, when the albums actually sell, there's like twenty different revenue streams that come from publishing. That's like a whole nother realm of of enticement. When you say to somebody, hey, you get in the room and you work on these songs and and and I'll actually cut you in like I'll like in Nashville, if you're in the room, like anybody who's in the room, or a song.
Speaker 2: Like Will and I are sitting in the room with y'all. Yeah, you're this is going four ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like the joke is, you know, write a write a word, get a third. Yeah, that's what everyone says in Nashville. That doesn't work with me, like, you get paid for what you contribute. So if you're in there and you're helping, like you're working on the chorus, and all of a sudden it's like, oh that's a good line.
Speaker 2: You're in the verses and it's this this, and it's like, oh, what if instead it's going to that note.
Speaker 6: You come down to this note and then go up to that's writing. Now you're contributing. Now you're I'm like, okay, so now we let's sit down and talk about this. Let's let's work out how much publishing, like how much you put into the song, because the whole like just sit there and you know, give a word, get a third thing that doesn't fly with me, You're going to have to work That means just every time you get in a room. So if I'm just sitting in a room with let's say, so I'm here in Nashville and I'm in a room with Morgan Wallen who's pumping out big, big hits, smashes.
Speaker 2: Right, and I just go and and just put the word in there. Yeah, I get a third of the tune. That's not fair.
Speaker 6: No, it's not put in some they got to put in the effort, like you know, to put in some work like that's how it works in my world, is right, it's mailbox money essentially. Yeah, and then you said, you know and then whatever that was the moving that was the moving part for you.
Speaker 1: Were you getting that kind of Were you getting that kind of cut with Three Doors Down? No? I mean yeah, first is enticing, and then there's another entice part. You're thinking if I believe, like dud, dude, something else. I say, this is a sinking ship.
Speaker 3: You're believing, You're believing there's something there, and it's like, fuck, I'm betting on the upside with it.
Speaker 8: I saw his work ethic. He did that tune with Santana, did the Spider Man movie song that was on his own. He just produced the Her of a Dead Man, did default Like this guy's a workaholic. And I was like, no, I think there's definitely something there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We're all Canadian, we're all hosers, so we like we.
Speaker 8: Got along right off the bat. Yeah, like I can barely track drums because we were laughing so hard.
Speaker 1: To go back to the hockey arena in your house, Like, no, I don't think American would have that. No, that's a big time Canadian thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I don't. I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm not good enough to deserve having a rink in my house. Like I'm I'm so far below mediocre. It's it's just like, dude, why do you have this? Like if you see me skate, yeah, you'll be like I want him on my team and then like give me one hard pass and be like yeah, no, I don't really.
Speaker 2: Want him on my team. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, let's go to someone else's. You can skate but no handles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I skate like Brian Boytanel, but like seems like he can skate a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Down up at four ankle Bendon, We're like going in the corner, holding onto the side. He's like, what are you guys doing at least ripping around?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can shoot, I've got a I gotta I've got a pretty accurate shot.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like there's some certain skills.
Speaker 6: Because I didn't play hockey growing up, I was so busy, Like my dad was ecstatic when he put me on skates because usually you hold onto a chair as a kid, and you push the chair so you don't fall over, right, so you put the chair out the kid goes. My dad's always like, oh, you took about two strides, pushed the chair the way you're He's like, I got a hockey player, right and yeah, but then he goes, Then my dad says, you got old enough to play hockey, and all you wanted to do was chase girls around the arena. All you wanted to do is just go play, Like all you want to do is like public skate and you didn't actually want to like put the gear on and go play hockey. Because I'm like, wait, I just got hang with a bunch of dudes, or like I can just go like you know, I can go chase these girls around.
Speaker 2: My dad's like, oh god, he's not gonna play.
Speaker 1: You got half of it, though. I feel like that's a real hockey mindset right there, Rock starting the making. Yeah. Yeah, for chasing the women. So the boys are alternated. You're like, this is gonna be a good fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And where was it three doors down? Where were they from?
Speaker 6: They're originally fromaa, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, difference. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What was it like on your side, your guys aside making that move in the business with the drummer, Well, the.
Speaker 2: Thing is, we knew Daniel like Daniel used to play.
Speaker 6: So when I was on the road with Nickelback, I had a buddy that that watched my house while I was on tour, and he started a band with him.
Speaker 2: So he was at my house.
Speaker 6: I was rehearsing on his drum kit when he was on the road playing my drums. So I knew Daniel long before he was ever in in my house playing my fucking drum drums. The one thing I was like, bring your own snare, Like stop kicking the ship out of my snare.
Speaker 2: I was like, right now, bring your own snare.
Speaker 6: But then yeah, and we were also like good friends with the Three Doors guys, and so when we just sort of we threw the offer to Daniel because I knew that you weren't like an official, official, official member, and I knew you weren't getting publishing or anything like that, and there was like there was tension. It was definitely got to be. It's like I'm like, well what, because what we were kind of doing at that point in time was like we'll either put him in the band.
Speaker 2: Or let him go.
Speaker 6: Right, you know what, do you really being his Asian for him put him in the band or let him go no, because all we had to do was throw the offer on there. So either you're gonna make him a full member or we're gonna take him and we're gonna we're gonna put him in the band. So ball's in your court. I know that's I know it's shitty, but you know what, I think you guys are gonna get this one. You can't win the super Bowl if you don't stack team. Yeah, looks like you won that.
Speaker 8: Look yeah, I guess it wasn't a yeah yeah, yeah, yeah one hundred.
Speaker 1: So what what was your drummer doing before him? You know, it was there saultiness when that conversation had to happen because I like to think maybe he was an alcoholic or something. He was just like kind of rooting his own life, like, hey, this is the best, this is the best for you.
Speaker 3: And you're traveling, you're about to leave with the boys, and you know, you know, he's staying back and going to be playing on the drum.
Speaker 1: So you're like, man, this guy's pretty tied in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the child.
Speaker 6: The thing was, you know, we got signed with with Ryan Victol and he's a brother. The hurts to talk about this he's still a friend.
Speaker 8: You know, we're on good terms again, goods.
Speaker 2: It's actually really hard.
Speaker 6: Because we got signed together, we did multiple world tours together, and then and then you see him start to phone it in and you realize it's like, dude, you can't be phone in this in, Like we want to go to the next level. You know, Ah.
Speaker 2: Read to go to his.
Speaker 13: House, but that was sucking a hard drive, dude, and he had no idea fuck and we're like, oh, we just gotta we got to tell you.
Speaker 6: Something, dude. And he's like, what's going on? Like we feel like you're just not putting in the effort and you're not stepping up like we all like, I'm like, I'm trying to write the best songs of my life and and I want to take this band to the next level. And he started to cry, and I was like, fuck, like what are we doing? Maybe this isn't what are we doing?
Speaker 2: And we stuck to it.
Speaker 6: Chief was there.
Speaker 2: That was hard?
Speaker 1: Were you there?
Speaker 6: No no way, you're not bringing the new girlfriend over there? Yeah, like fuck, you can't do that.
Speaker 8: No, And I was I was friends with vicot All as well, because when we were co headlining together I was always on his bus for talking drums and stuff, and yeah, I felt really shitty too.
Speaker 6: It was it was hard, but it was like I knew it had to happen, like or, we're all just gonna be complacent. So that's where we're gonna. So this is where we're at now, We're just gonna we're all just gonna phone it in. We're just gonna sit on. How you remind me and someday, you know, And we had a couple of hits. H thank you, But like it was like, but I wanted, I wanted more. I wanted, like I want to be one of the biggest bands in the world, Like I want to be up there. I want to be way up there, you know. And I want to like I want everybody working. I want that work ethic, you know, don't become don't you know, don't be complacent. We're gonna put in the work, and we put in the work, we're gonna see the results, you know.
Speaker 2: And then he said I'm in MMM.
Speaker 8: And studio for seven months, we did all the right reasons and then fucking.
Speaker 6: Boom oh yeah, and then that record and we worked our asses off and it was photograph Animals far Away if everyone cared rock Star. I think there was six singles on that record and it just went saving me forgot that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just.
Speaker 6: Stratospheric and it was just like oh, like we were on tour for ever in two years, Like it was just like going.
Speaker 8: We almost ended and then rock Star went number one in the UK. Were like, oh shit, I guess we're going We're going back on the road again. Yeah, on the same album.
Speaker 1: Is that like just a if it goes number one somewhere you have to go, you have to go there.
Speaker 8: Well, we call the tickets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we couldn't get we couldn't get the UK to bite on any of these singles that were just doing so well for us around the world. We couldn't get them to bite. And the last single on that we worked on that record was rock Star, and rock Star was like still just doing what it was doing. We were in the studio with Mutt Lang working on dark Horse and we were two songs in and the UK jumps on. I can't remember what happened, but it was something this is it's a good hustle company. Well it was that, but it was also something else. It said, uh, somebody took out a billboard or something like that that said rock Star banned in the UK by Nickelback. And then so like everyone's looking this billboard going is that the record company wanted to I can't. I think it was an independent radio promoter or something along those lines, and everyone was like we got to hear the song. Yeah, And then and then the song got into some commercial that was you know, like, yeah, it was a furniture sofa.
Speaker 1: Can call me gullible, but it wasn't really banned. That was like a boy, yeah, okay, I was trying to fall I'm trying to fall along a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it was like when he's like looked at him, I was like, oh damn, there's gonna be another little magazine like yeah, super.
Speaker 1: Fax machine story.
Speaker 6: But it's like, you know, so we're in the studio and and all of a sudden, Rockstar just explodes in the UK and the manager calls us like, boy, stop recording, Like why it's like, you guys are going to do a sold out tour of the UK and there's like and there's I don't know, twelve big cities that you can play, and it just like when he sold out immediately. Oh way easy, the O two. Yeah, it's just like so it's like, here we go, boys, We're back.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: Why do you why do you think UK took that long to buy? I don't think that's the mecca for whatever reason for bands I know, like that Kings of lean On they were They've always been pretty big in the UK. But like I feel like everyone always like wants to get there for some reason. But why do you think they weren't by I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't totally know because we so when how Your and Miament came out, we went and played Wembley Arena, which was great, and we did all, you know, the rest of the world. And then the next record came out, which was Long Road. It had some day on it, It had figured you out. That starts off with that like your your pants around your feet, that talk and cheek thing, thank you.
Speaker 1: And we uh.
Speaker 6: But then we go back to the UK and it's like they didn't really grab on to those ones as much. And so then we were doing two nights at a forty five hundred seater I think, and I'm like, oh, we're not getting back into we might never get back into Wembley and so then we did the whole rest of the world on like five six singles on the next record, and the UK just wouldn't jump on anything. As soon as they hit Rockstar Hit. It was like we sold out Wembley and the O two in one week. So we we played Wembley, went out and did a whole bunch of other shows and then came back and finished the week.
Speaker 8: On the other side of town.
Speaker 2: Yeah there in London.
Speaker 6: Yeah, holds about eighteen thousand. Well, I was gonna ask how many people that is? That's wild.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic.
Speaker 6: I mean you're playing these like these great you know venues where you've just heard of all these people playing.
Speaker 2: And well, I was always worried Of'm like, we're never getting back in.
Speaker 6: We're never going to get back in, right, imposter syndrome. It's just like and then all of a sudden, bam it hitting here. We're back wild dude, Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I remember when that album was out, we hit a concert I think it was a sophomore junior in high schools in Saint Louis went out there as the fuck it was. It was the best bro went back, you know, best friend that I was dating at the time. We get back, we get back home, we go to this gravel road nearby, hold hands to animals for a good little bit before I take her home.
Speaker 1: But it was a fucking that's cool, hold hands. Yeah, we just held hands.
Speaker 3: Of course, it was dark. He was late, Like, let's throw on some animals and let's sce for a little bit.
Speaker 6: So when you're in when you're in Saint Louis and you cross the bridge and you go over to where those that big parking lot is that had the three clubs there. Yeah, yeah, so we played one of those way back in the day. So it was just like a strip club and then there was a bar and something else. Yeah, I'm very familiar with the area.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Have you been have you been to I mean, have you been back to Saint Louis in a while where they got the new baseball stadium.
Speaker 1: They got this ballpark village like it. I mean, it's a nice little setup. Nice.
Speaker 8: We played there in the last North American Tour.
Speaker 2: I think it feels like we haven't played anywhere in a decade.
Speaker 6: Like it's like once the ginormous pause button was pressed on the entire planet. I was like, I just I'm like, like, I feel like I'm retired. Like I feel like I haven't played anywhere in you know, in ten years.
Speaker 2: It's so weird.
Speaker 6: So when someone's like, well, when was the last to be played, there're like, I don't right. It feels like like a lifetime ago. You know. When someone's like, well, when was that time you were, you know, played our city, I'm like.
Speaker 8: See Saint Louis. Cab drivers are the biggest scammers.
Speaker 1: Hustlers in general. You got to respect that town.
Speaker 8: I remember the crew, everybody. They were like looking on your phone, They're going like, way out adding miles on the.
Speaker 1: Little You're like, I used to have left here taking a right, You're like, where are we going?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: A lot of that that's going on.
Speaker 3: But that concert was awesome. I think it's so fucking sick that you guys are sitting on the bus right now. It is, man, that knowing how massive of a fan I've been, I am, uh going to your concert and stuff, and you guys are sitting on the bus, and I do appreciate you talking about this situation. I know we were kind of, you know, having a little joke and once I saw that you guys were necessarily laughing, it was like, Okay, this could be real.
Speaker 1: And what's the conversation you had with the last drummer?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you're talking about that. I felt like that we got in that moment. I was kind of like, fuck, we were kind of just you.
Speaker 6: Know, I mean, I didn't know it was gonna hit me like that, Like it just kind of grabbed me. And I'm like, dude, you're gonna be leaking on barstool. I'm like, don't fucking let a tear go down your cheek when you're talking about we both we both on.
Speaker 2: This podcast before.
Speaker 1: It's awesome for you to be open about that too, because I'm sure if he listens to the see this, like I'm sure you guys like you said, you guys are boys. Now there was two years where we didn't see that. It affects you this long down the road. Who it's a true friendship.
Speaker 8: Well, you know the whole thing. Were being inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame in March. Let go Yes, that is incredible and uh Vicdoll is going to be on stage with yeah, right because he's part of that absolutely the genesis of the band.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that gets so fucking cool.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I wonder what his whole thought process is like watching like a band like you'd be so big for so long, and just probably what his mindset when you say you're trying to phone it in. I believe it's the term he used. And then sitting there now, man like, man if I just grind up with the boys a little bit longer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, well it's you know, it's even like, what's even stranger than that, My cousin Brandon Krueger. So it was, it was. It was Chad Krueger, Mike Kruger, Brandon Kruger on drums and Peek a guitar player. He was the original drummer, hell of a drummer. Very educated. I think he was a year away from getting his doctorate to be able to teach percussion. His father, my uncle, convinced him to quit the band and come work for him. What did his father do, like sold life insurance and did investments and things like that, Right, so talked him into quitting the band a year a year before we got signed, I mean, I mean, and it's you know, he started a family.
Speaker 2: He got married. He did the whole thing, you know.
Speaker 6: But he came to me, came to us this one day and he was just like and I just felt contrised, just felt like bullshit. He was like, you know, I don't think this life is I don't think this is the life that I want to chase. Like, I don't think I want to spend my life on a tour bus. And I think and I was just like like, you lie. I got to lie Craig.
Speaker 2: I'm like, where is this coming from?
Speaker 6: You know? And then like a week later, I find that he moved back to Alberta and he's got a job with his dad, you know, and he's doing the whole thing, which is like I was like, that's great, that's absolutely wonderful, you know, but I I've never done it, but I'd love to sit around, you know, Christmas with Uncle Brian, like, oh, this is like the time that you talked Brandon into quitting the band a year before we got signed.
Speaker 2: Hey there was three hundred and sixty four days. Yeah, he quit.
Speaker 1: He made the best fire in my life to fire that on a sales some good life insurance just like this is good policies. Yeah, three hundred and sixty fifth day came. They're like, fuck, then you see Rockstar one day the music video. How the hell did you get all the celebrities? I don't icons, I had no idea how they did it. We were on tour and we got to Calgary and we were playing the Saddle Dome and I.
Speaker 2: Had to hurt for your cousin.
Speaker 1: We've brought him up on stage aware, oh fuck, just whispering his ear.
Speaker 6: This is what you could have. No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: I love him. I love him dearly.
Speaker 6: Like when we were growing up, we were like brothers, Like we were like we were really really tight.
Speaker 2: But we're in Calgary and.
Speaker 6: We knew that camera crews had been like dispatched globally to go get you know, just random people like that kid, you know, like, no idea, I don't know who she is, you know, but you could see these There's you know, some kid in New York, one of the girls from.
Speaker 1: A Bit of a Rocket that was a bit of a switch Boy Girls, Yeah, Wayne Gretzky, Dale, Earnhart, Kid, Rock.
Speaker 6: Billy Gibbons, the Playboy Girls from the Girls next Door, that cop from you know, the Hero.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 6: People just like this production company was just asked king everybody, hey, do you want to be in this? Do you want to be in a Nickelback video? And they'd play the song. It's like, just learn, learn a couple of lines, and we'll get you to sing this. And the first cut of this video I saw was so bad.
Speaker 2: It was so bad.
Speaker 6: I was just sitting there and my heart sunk, and I'm like, oh, this is a great song and we're just saying bosting this thing down the toilet. And I remember sitting in the production office in Calgary and Chief, our tour manager, showed it to me and I'm like, this is absolutely brutal, and he's like, it's not great, but let's let's wait for the next cut. So the next cut shows up and it got better. And then a couple of days later, another cut showed up and it got better, and then another cut showed up. Then all of a sudden, it was like and this video was getting exponentially better every time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why was it so bad? I want to see that first?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, hideous?
Speaker 1: Right, Like because the concept seems relatively easy. Learn a couple of lines, say it, yeah, be your personality and move on and crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like, uh, this guy and it's great because we're only in the video. That dude was from the Sopranos. Oh yeah, yeah it was. It was like we're only in the video for about a sixth of a second at the end, and I'm like, this is wonderful.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't even think I'm in it's just you And it goes to mic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just where we're just sort of like we look at the camera and just sort of point, and then then they just off to the crowd.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but I think the crowd was Dallas. That was what I want to say. But uh yeah, just there you go and boom, Yeah there's that's so rad. That's it, and that's it, you know.
Speaker 6: And then once I saw the final cut and I was absolutely blown away.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, this is really good now.
Speaker 6: And then you know, and I don't even think I ever asked them, how in the hell, How in the hell did you get all those people to agree to be in that, like not even just the celebs, but just random humans on the streets and we're like, hey, do you want to be in a music video?
Speaker 1: Like if I feel like the random people are the easiest ones to get. I would be like, you're gonna be in a music video?
Speaker 2: With what music videos? Nickel Back?
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 2: A couple of lines played for me, the more.
Speaker 1: Because it's rockets for the moment had some bangers out there already, so it's like, hey, nickel Back's making a music video. Vady stuff like that all the time. I was at a subway in high school and some random berson was like, do you want to be an MTV show? I was like, yeah, absolutely, I'm like, what's the what's what do you mean? What's the premise of the show?
Speaker 2: And they're like, so funny.
Speaker 1: You call all the girls you've ever slept with and then you ask them how you were in bed. I was like, I'm gonna have to cancel that. I'm not.
Speaker 2: Allowed.
Speaker 1: Were you allowed to tell them that you were on an MTV show? I think I did ask that and they're like no. I'm like, hey, so and so, like how was I And they'd be like, buddy, you know how you were? You really want to relive this? You want to hear me say from my angle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it was. But people really just do stuff I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that show ever made it, But people will just say yes to anything like that think it's their moment, their time. Like they're thinking, oh, I'm going to do this video and then I'm going to be like the biggest actor of all time. Watch the way I sell these lines, and then they see that they're only music vide like and I hate you asked for a cut or anything like, damn, no, I should.
Speaker 2: Have dragging a cigarette.
Speaker 1: You see that music video? Yeah, I was on it. I want to go back to uh when you were telling about publishing and like giving people credit, like you have to put the work in. How do you guys make decisions if you guys in an argument about a song and you're like, no, no, no, I wrote this verst and someone's like, no, no no, I did, Like how do you guys work through that?
Speaker 2: Problems?
Speaker 1: Disagreement question question?
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. We're getting better at this. So what we would do.
Speaker 6: Is we would take like a big screen TV and we put it up in the studios. As the lyrics start to be written and all the lines go up, you know, even the ones that are just slough.
Speaker 10: It's like a brainstorm, absolutely gym. But it's all going down there and like we So what we'll do is this.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how we break down publishing.
Speaker 6: All right, if you want to know, every line is worth the same amount, whether or not it's in the verse or the course. If you get a chorus line, that doesn't mean you get three more. It's like courses only count once.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It sounds like we're playing a game.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know a game.
Speaker 2: Definitely, No, so know this.
Speaker 1: You probably should have looked into this a little bit more, like.
Speaker 2: That's how we did it. Huh. Okay, may ask for a little bit more then then, motherfucker, I wrote this line.
Speaker 6: Some melodies worth twenty five percent chord structures, where twenty five percent lyrics are worth fifty and those fifty percent, fifty percent of those lyrics are comprised of each line and each line in the chorus, right, and each line on the bridge. And there's so there's your total, right, So there's that's your that's your hundred percent of the fifty percent of the If you follow, and.
Speaker 8: Then we take a twenty sided dice and roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the point I gave my due dungeons and dragons, dude.
Speaker 6: And uh even we'll even do half lines, like you came up with the half line. I was like, if someone else came up with the first you know, the first first part of that line and it gets cut up, like very very rarely has anyone ever said no, no, no, no, no no no, I came up with that and someone was, no, you didn't I came up.
Speaker 2: With that line.
Speaker 1: Have you had a situation like that, You've got to, dude, you've got to have a couple come on, but you'll just like, can you point it like Daniel Daniel I said that one. Right, They was like, hey, guys, let me out of this.
Speaker 6: It's not only each one of the band members is in the room, but usually the producers there as well, and so he that'll be the tiebreaker, gotcha, And he'll be like, pret pretty sure Ryan came up with that one or whatever it is.
Speaker 8: And you have to let things go easy in those situations because that's that's stuff that breaks bands up.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's a very fragile situation.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, whatever, compromise you When you're growing at the speed you guys are growing at, like you guys are becoming so big egos get in the way. Sure, some guys feel like, hey, listen, when you've been doing the brains of this whole thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's not like that.
Speaker 6: We all know where our strengths and weaknesses are, right, ridicule each other relentlessly.
Speaker 8: So no one if anyone's ego.
Speaker 2: When you're getting that right, you're getting pulled down. Yeah quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah sounds like you guys got a nice little concoction here.
Speaker 2: And it's like.
Speaker 6: That stuff's important because if you don't tackle that stuff and you let it go six months and then say, okay, well who came up with this line? Who came up with this line, then then you can be in a little bit of trouble because then people can't remember and things do get a little hazy. And so that's how much like that's how how it got into like you get paid for what you do. You're gonna be in there and you're gonna put in the work, you're gonna get, you're gonna get you're gonna get compensated for it by way of publishing. And you know, for us, that was just the best way to do it, because if someone's just sitting on the couch playing video games and he's like I wasn't you know.
Speaker 2: Someone's like I was in the rooms, Like what did you do? Hide? Level up? Whatever? Game here?
Speaker 9: Right? You know?
Speaker 6: Besides exactly so you know that that that was the big equalizer for us. It's like, you can't just sit in the room. You're gonna you're gonna have.
Speaker 2: To put that.
Speaker 6: You gotta work in boys.
Speaker 3: You guys have to have something figured out well because you guys have been added and together for decades, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, bands do break up.
Speaker 3: It's like you guys have found some fundamental things to sustain your success this long.
Speaker 6: There's sayings that we use too, and it's like better's always better. You can't fight tooth and nail for a part of a song musically or lyrically or melodically that you came up with just because you came up with it.
Speaker 2: It's better as always better.
Speaker 6: So if someone else comes up with another part and it is like head and shoulders better than this other part, that other part goes and I don't care who came up with. I don't care if I came up with it doesn't matter. It's always for the betterment of the song. We're trying to give ourselves the feels by making these songs the best they can be. If we can't give ourselves that, how are we possibly gonna give that to somebody else?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You know how you like?
Speaker 6: You don't do that by sloughing. You don't do that by just writing down the first thing you spit out of your mouth. You don't do that by well, it's the first little rift there you go, there's that honk of crap. Let's just put that in there. No, No, that's not where we're at. We're at this thing where it's like we're gonna put out some music and this is gonna touch somebody, This is gonna affect somebody's life, This is gonna be somebody's favorite song, and you have to think of it like that. That's you know, we're not just sort of sitting around. We're not pissing around. Yeah, otherwise, why make any more music? Why not just go to where the music we've bene Like, So, if you're going to get in there and do it, let's do a really good job and make sure that somebody out there's getting the fields.
Speaker 1: When do you guys go to make a song. You guys sit in a room, you figure out how do you start the process of making a song. Does it start with an idea or you like, hey, this is a cool title, maybe we can go off that, Like how do both of you work through? Because my man talented and.
Speaker 8: He's a primary songwriter, he'd typically come up with the initial idea.
Speaker 6: It's all over the map, though, Like it's like sometimes you'll have something written down, you know, And that's that's kind of how san Quentin started. Like I'm just like, because I met the warden at a at a party, and right away, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like, it must have been an odd party warden. He's a lot younger than you would think. I didn't believe he was the ward in like longest yard type vibe no no, no, yeah, football first jad Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He wasn't some old like crusty, jaded. It wasn't like Shaw Shank at all. Okay that's yeah, okay, both mistake page, But what I thought, Yeah, yeah, it wasn't. This dude was young and like I was like, you're the warden first He's like, I'm the warden for san Quentin, and everyone behind.
Speaker 2: Him is like like, oh, oh, you're actually the warden for san Quin.
Speaker 6: And then right away I'm like, I'm going to write a song called san Quin right just right there on the spot. So that one went in the phone. So you'll it's like, so there's a song title. You're going off that first, and sometimes you'll have the riff, sometimes you have not, like you had that rift for a while recorded months probably yeah, yeah, And all I had was this one line where I screamed, can somebody please keep me the hell out of san Quentin? And I knew that that was going to be the end of the course. And then there's other times where we're sitting there, what about animals? Remember it was the last it was a rift. What was it called on the board? Do you do dump dump dudd edie? That was like, dun't dump dud eat.
Speaker 3: I like the picture of coming up with that song, like a dad walking and walking to the car.
Speaker 1: You guys getting caught.
Speaker 6: We were going to film the video for photograph the next day and then we were going on tour.
Speaker 8: Last day in the studio, stay in the studio. It was amazing watching fucking guy work. I was there, so we went downstairs. He started doing this so we just started to play. He ran through it maybe two or three times. Okay, that's a chorus whatever. And I went to the mic and I went, not no, no, no, no, I'm like, I got it. Okay, I'm gonna go from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see in.
Speaker 8: Your car he took the recording of that.
Speaker 2: Movement.
Speaker 6: Huh yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know, my mouse getting up, and I'm like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: He took that recording, and uh, he's things, yes of us jamming. Yeah, he went out to his car and you played it in there, and he came back with all those theres I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's track it.
Speaker 6: That's probably I probably still there for forty five minutes. And I just started like, I don't know where I was going, and I said, I thought of Mike's carks. His he'd just gotten h an old charger done, and he kept saying it's black on black, and so I went right there and I went, I I'm driving black on black. Just got my lascense back, I got the speeling, and my veins is trained. Has coming off the track. I'll act, you know, I just try and I'm just like, oh, here we go. It' was a boom boom boom. I'm just like ooh, and this thing is like I'm singing it again back at.
Speaker 2: In the vocal.
Speaker 8: W fuck did you get this from him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: Shit?
Speaker 6: I walked back in the room forty five minutes later and I got there's like scribbles and a sharpie stuck in my mouth. I'm like, I'm like, let's go go straight in the booth Joey's hits record and I'm like and off we go, like bang sing.
Speaker 2: The thing packed up our ship.
Speaker 6: The next day we flew Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: You locked it in just like that. That's it.
Speaker 6: It was fast cool, that's cool.
Speaker 2: That is awesome.
Speaker 8: I wish they were all like that, because there's some songs take three months on the flip side, how does that work when it takes three months?
Speaker 1: So you get that writer's block, like when you get stuck. How do you work through you getting stuck?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say it's writer's block, it's like because Saving Me was six weeks and we kept recording the courus and it just wasn't as good as the verse because we had these verses. You know, starts off with that prison gates won't open up for me, and it's like, and it was powerful and it's really good.
Speaker 2: And you're getting a vibe going here. And then we.
Speaker 6: Would record this chorus and I'm like, no Lyft, right, this is no Lyft course, it's just garbage, Like just delete that whole thing and let's just start again, you know, and record a whole nother course. And like six weeks into it, and frustration levels are going through the roof and everybody's just tired of.
Speaker 2: Hearing dung dung d just over and over and over. And finally I did the show me what it's like and I started doing that and then Joe goes.
Speaker 6: Oh, do that again, teach me you wrong from ride, and it's like, oh, there we go. Now we're running the seat and I was like, okay now, and it's just like bang, you know, when you got it, and once you got it, you got it.
Speaker 2: It's boys, I know.
Speaker 8: But puts on the chat.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That is hilarious, dude.
Speaker 1: I remember being high school and like people would think they could sing, and you'd be in the car with them and they just start belting, and like, what the fuck is this person doing. You're the only person I've ever met that starts singing and it gets cooler, like just like like openly start singing. I'm like, holy ship.
Speaker 2: Voices that ship a little nod right now.
Speaker 3: But like I.
Speaker 2: You know, like I was where was I? I was sitting there.
Speaker 6: I was in Texas and uh exhaust, Yeah, and uh something happened to the toilet on the jet and it was plugged or something and it wasn't we couldn't get like, we couldn't flush, like we couldn't pull everything out of the guts of the plane like your black water right, just like an RV, but it's just so smaller, right, And.
Speaker 2: This there was this kid.
Speaker 6: Standing around, and nobody wanted to do it. No one wanted to figure out because one of them as soon as you got the thing open underneath the underneath the plane, they're gonna get covered in fecal matter and you're.
Speaker 2: No matter what. And I'm like, so I'm like, how am I going to get one of these kids to do this?
Speaker 6: Right? And and one of them knew who I was, and uh, I'm like, I think if I can just figure out a way to get a story into a way where I can just start singing a little bit, I can get this kid excited and I can talk him into.
Speaker 1: The only person in the world is like, if I could just figure out how to get to sing naturally in front of the side.
Speaker 6: So he so he uh, I can't remember remember how I got the story there. But the next thing, you know, I was just like, well, it's like you know when you're in a writing session, and did I start doing this, I'm gonna with standing lane cuse never gaining.
Speaker 2: I do that one.
Speaker 6: And he's like, you know, I get him kind of singing along. I can see I can get I'm getting excited, and uh, you know, I said, this is something else about with with how you're a reminder of something, you know, And.
Speaker 2: I did the never made it, that's wise, man.
Speaker 6: And I get the and I get him kind of singing a little, and he's like, I fuck it, I'll get underneath there and I'll get this.
Speaker 2: And he climbs underneath there and he's doing.
Speaker 6: This whole like and like and I watched it happen, like the plug of toilet paper came out and he.
Speaker 2: Got out of the way.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what'd you get And he's like, I just got a little on my hand, and I'm like, I just like covered him in hands, Sandy and like, you're good dude. Yeah, yeah, that's true. I gave him a hundred bucks and uh, because it didn't matter, Like I couldn't have tipped these guys enough to go and do.
Speaker 1: The question master manipulator, and I gotta get.
Speaker 6: One of these guys to do this because we had another I think that we had another four hours that we were going to I think we're going to Vancouver after that, and I'm like, we're gonna need the toilet.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need the toilet to work on this thing.
Speaker 6: And I was gonna figure out a way against somebody to unclogged the toilet.
Speaker 2: See you are.
Speaker 1: You're a hustler, dude. You you really are. Like in the fifty minutes I met you, you are an absolute grinder. Takes me back to that big pause on the planet. I'm sure I don't know as much about the hustle over here, Daniel, but I'm thinking you must have been going crazy the entire time.
Speaker 2: Early twenty twenty no full disclosure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like no, because we'd been working so hard for the like over twenty years up to that point. We never have that much time off now decades it was like, let's let's recharge the batteries.
Speaker 2: I got fat, guy. I drank a lot of beer.
Speaker 8: There you go operating saws and chainsaws and building things.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? What did you exactly?
Speaker 1: So? Yeah, so chainsaw. If I turn on a chainsaw right now, I lose a limb.
Speaker 6: He drink beer and every I'm like, if there's a big windstorm, uh, you know, on the property, and and something goes down, like and I'm like, I'm just gonna go buck that up into I can hear Mike's my brother's the bass player. I can hear his voice in my head saying this, Why the fuck was Chad holding a chainsaw?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: And I'm just like, and I hear his voice. I'm like, I'm just gonna get a buddy to do this for kid. Yeah. So I'm like, I'm just gonna put that down because sure enough, like that thing's gonna kick back at me and something's gonna come off.
Speaker 8: It's the pit bowl of tools.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like items like you enjoy it with some beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what are you doing over there?
Speaker 1: That's a horrible combination. I have a lot of really fat I had beers in Chainsawa off.
Speaker 2: Beer and me and then the start of a horror movie. Yeah, he's grab Barna and let's do this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a long driveways, lots of tree, same thing, windstorm.
Speaker 8: I'm not paying some guy five hundred bucks every time to come out. I can't even leave my house. A man's got to step up and do it.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that, dude.
Speaker 1: I used to want to be a handyman so bad. Now I have like accepted the fact I'm a domesticated cat. There's not a lot of ship I can do. I can figure out how to tell somebody how to do it, Like I need to change soil for me. But I can't even change tires me neither.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't choose a tire, No dude group in small town Arizona. Everybody in my town does how to change a tire. Not me that does. I don't know how to either. It's it's embarrassing.
Speaker 6: Okay, So here's a bit. Okay, who's producing this show right now?
Speaker 2: Back left corner. That's JP. Here's a bit for you.
Speaker 6: You guys are gonna, at some point in time do a competition between these two.
Speaker 2: Here's the jack. Here's the tire iron, here's.
Speaker 6: The here's the spare, and then you guys are gonna film these two and figure out which one can can actually like find the right jack point and not like in time.
Speaker 2: You're and you're gonna time it.
Speaker 1: Okay time. I don't know if there was timing to the jack You have to get it under here.
Speaker 2: Now you're gonna like you guys want to play that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need vision, need some super supervision.
Speaker 2: Bill's got to be there, no doubt.
Speaker 1: My dad doesn't know how.
Speaker 2: Oh really, maybe I spoke.
Speaker 1: To a small town of Missouri, like my you just know how to do my mom.
Speaker 3: There be there'ld be a belt messed up on the engine. My mom would know how to switch a belt. She was the savant. And I'm saying she did everything. Damn Wow, changed tire if I had a flat to hey, Mom, come out and help me. She changed the tire belt off the engine, switched the belt. Dad just inside drinking beer. No shot are very like this motherfucker would nickel back on the bus three doors down?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, drinking beer Tier one, Tier one.
Speaker 1: Yeah out there, dude, Bill really rolls the boys. Oh no, ship we had a roll of him. Is there any song that's made it that you were surprised that made it of like your hits.
Speaker 2: That was a great question.
Speaker 6: That's a great question. You're like, Man, was like, I did not see that coming. Actually mine was rock star. I didn't. I was like, I couldn't believe it. Really, I knew it was a good song. I didn't think it was gonna be a hit. And still we.
Speaker 8: Played the arenas, the whole place lights up, like, still can't believe this song.
Speaker 1: I mean, before before we got on the bus, I'll sell him.
Speaker 3: I was joking on Dale because Dale Junior makes an appearance and he goes, man, I thought I was big a NASCAR. When that song went global, he's I could actually skyrocket in my brain even more.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, that's cool. That's really cool.
Speaker 1: Have seconds on a song made it bigger than ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So when the when the album starts and you hear that doom doom again, get to get them again, get to get them again, get so that that tune right there that's called follow You Home. And I came up with this idea, let's get let's take a left turn in the breakdown and let's get let's ask Billy Gibbons from zz Top if he will play like a cool little Billy solo on this right, I.
Speaker 1: Just got goose.
Speaker 6: So I fly down to this this studio and in l a and Joe comes with me, and we've got to drive with us, and so Billy comes down and he just does the whole thing. And as soon as Billy's hands touched the guitar, it's just like it does the thing. And he's like, holy shit, that's just that's Billy just being Billy, and it's fan it's amazing. And uh so we get all that, We got all of it, and it's it's cool. It's really badass. And he's like, uh, what else you got?
Speaker 2: Like what else do we what else do we have? Like he's like like what else? You kind of nervous about it, Like what do you mean somebody behind?
Speaker 6: Like no, but I didn't know. I said, uh, I don't know. I said, Joe, what else is on that drive? Like what do we bring with us? And he's like, Rockstar? We can play on Rockstar. I said, oh, we got this little little tune called Rockstar.
Speaker 2: We'll play for it.
Speaker 6: We play in the tune and he loses his mind at the end of it, and he's like, that's a hit. That's a hit right there, and I'm like, dude, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It's like no, no, no, no, And he knew that.
Speaker 6: I thought that he was just giving lip service, right, I'll give you flywers, like, can I hear the song again right now? Like yeah, of course. We played the song and he's just like, oh, I'm like you're loving it, hey, like you're loving this. And he's like, I said, do you want to be on the tune? He's like, he said, I will, I'll just be anywhere you want in there. So I'm like, what, okay, what if we did it like a call and answer and we made you like the devil? And so I'm singing away like I'll do anything to be a rockstar kind of thing. And then You're gonna do this damn me what you want?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 1: That is so funny you say that because I was listening to that song of the day and I'm like, who the fuck is this guy?
Speaker 2: That's Bill? That's hilarious me.
Speaker 1: What you need? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And so we get all these calling asks. Yes the fucking skulls. Yes, he's supposed to be supposed to be learned how you've made money and yeah.
Speaker 6: So then so then you know, we get to the second verse and he's in the vocal booth and I'm like, dude, we've got lots of scripted stuff, We've got all that stuff. Give me some ad libs, like, just start making stuff up. And that's when he does like the oh, I have the case of dyea you know, and I'm like and sick. I'm like, you know cause I say that, you know, uh, sign a couple lot of graphs so I can eat my meals for free. And that's when he does have the case of d yeah. Uh, And I'm like, We're never going to use that line. And then, you know, the next time I played it, bet like so then we listened back to it and I was like, that case of D line is fantastic. Let's fucking lead. Let's put that in there. And the next thing, you know, he's our calling answer, he's our devil for the for the whole bit, right yeah.
Speaker 2: And uh, that's how he wound up on the tune. That's so that's incredible, absolutely incredible, and.
Speaker 1: You want to get off. I'm trying to think I had one. But then I got lost in the story.
Speaker 3: I know you want to I know you wanted to talk about Oh they talked about on KFC radio.
Speaker 2: I said about in KFC Radio.
Speaker 1: But the hate of the the the weird?
Speaker 2: Why why did the world hate of Yeah? Because I'll be.
Speaker 1: Honest, when I was in high school, people like Nickelback whatever, they suck. I'd be like, yeah, dude, in my head, I'm like I don't know, really, I'm a sheep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but everyone was like posting this watching came out as like hey, yeah.
Speaker 1: These guys said, it's like, but you are still still stadium.
Speaker 3: But I'm surprised because I actually thought, like, in real life everyone loved Nickelback.
Speaker 1: It was more of a thing. They just kind of lived in the clouds. It was it was a comedian like you know, like who did a bit and then lived forever on Tomedy Central MTV Central.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this guy just made this joke about us, which was whatever, It's just like, it's just a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to the comedian's name, No, I can't, I can't remember it. But they made the jokes.
Speaker 6: But the thing was Comedy Central took that and that was the commercial they played in between every bit for six months straight was ripping on us.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so if you've seen Beavis and butt Head, yeah, one of them's got Metallica and one of them's got a CDC on. Right, And when Stewart comes in and he's wearing a Winger shirt. The first episode that happened, Winger's career was over really done the next day, like they were toast. And that's the power of you know, that kind of comedy element programming. Yeah, but so that's where that's where really, that's where the undertones started. The other thing is actually affect.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there wasn't a point where you wrote. You guys were like, you see stuff on the internet. You see ten good things and it's great, but you see one bad thing and that thing usually sits with you a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then but then everyone else is like, well, let's you know, we want to get on this comedy bit too. It's an all the memes start and you know, I'm like the photograph yeah, but like, yeah, I still watch that, but that's our music and we can get that pulled off of YouTube anytime we want. We thought that was funny, so we left it up funny funny, Yeah, yeah, so like we we think that stuff's lairing sense of humor for you to have. We just like, but you know, you know when the when the hatersphere like really digs in, it's like, well, funny's funny, and then it's like if you're just being a hateful dick, you're just being a hateful dicky. It like it felt like we got a ton of it until everyone else caught up, and then it was kind of like this blanket of ship. It's like, okay, well everyone else is getting just enough ship now. Yeah, just like keyboard heroes, they they caught up on everyone else too.
Speaker 2: But it was also the fact that.
Speaker 1: Likes, we'll go first, punchy, it's not that bad.
Speaker 2: Boys still not hurt that bad.
Speaker 6: But then it also turned into that bit where you know, for probably twelve years, if you're listening to the rock station and you want to and we came on and you don't care for the band, you're like, I'm good, same as all of us.
Speaker 2: We all do it.
Speaker 6: A band comes on that we don't care for, we all go, eh, I'm sick of this band, and you go to the next station. You can get away from most bands. You couldn't get away from us. You'd go to the next you go to the next format. We're hot a c alt everything. It was just across the board, like I have been in my own car, heard myself come on change the channel and been on three I had two different songs on three different channels and been.
Speaker 2: Like getting paid. Absolutely. But at that point I was like, oh, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: They're calling us right now. Listen Fellas. This has been their their new album, get It, Yeah, and it came on the definitely talk about seeing Quinta, the skinny little mess, scanny little bangers, two bangers on the album. But yeah, talk about the album and the tour.
Speaker 6: Quickly before the years getting pulled right now, Oh problem, We got a new records called get Roll and check it out. Like it's you know if you if you dig the band, you're gonna dig this record. We put a lot of hard work into it and uh, this is a good one for sure.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: The new tour is going on. It's pre sales are on right now. We've got Brantley Gilbert opening up for us. We're going across. We're going across. You know genres a little bit because he's he's rock country. Instead of us doing the same seven bands that we always have open up for us, it's like one of the same guys, it's always them. I'm like, let's try something a little different, let's do something different this time. So we've got Brantley on board. He's cool as hell. Is he funny?
Speaker 2: He is funny. We've been doing press all day with him.
Speaker 7: We did.
Speaker 6: We did a full day in La all these different like just getting content content content right, and like I'll tee him, I'll tee it one up for him, and he'll tee one up. Like we're just back like we It's like we've got everybody in the room fucking cry, laughing.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. It's really really cool. He's a he's a really good ship.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: So, tickets are gonna be on sale on Friday, so make sure you get ad what is that?
Speaker 8: Boom?
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 6: Then you can go to nickelback dot com. You can go to Ticketmaster, you can go to all the all the Bridge Stone August First.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 8: Uh, you're gonna get you guys back on change the tire on our tour bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah wrong boys, Yes, yeah, So get those tickets out this Friday, this Friday, this Friday. So by the time people are watching out watching it, it's out right, they're out.
Speaker 2: Tickets out now, tickets.
Speaker 1: Are out now. Boys, this has been an incredible hour. We want to do this again for sure. Man, Thank you amazing boys, been killer so thank you so much. I was always like subscribe rate five stars, big hugs, tiny kisses,