Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdick.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church and this is our podcast. I wanted to thank you for joining us today. Hope this inspires you. Hope it builds your faith. Hope it gives your perspective to see God is moving.
Speaker 1: In your life. Enjoy the message.
Speaker 3: When you give him a hug. Let him know we're in this together. Let him know God is good. Bring my screen out, would you? Let him know He's still on the throne. Let him know I've got a king named Jesus, and I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: All right no matter what happens.
Speaker 3: He already showed me that the worst can happen, and He's still great. Somebody shall God is great, He's still great.
Speaker 4: Shall He's always great?
Speaker 3: Well, if your God is that great, give him a great shallt uf.
Speaker 1: Grey praise the Lord.
Speaker 3: Love you, Stacy, Love you, Timothy. I'm looking around for people I love.
Speaker 4: Love you, Brad, you do, she said, we love you.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you something. If we ever got to know each other, we would be best friends.
Speaker 3: I promise you, man, we would be texting each other all the time.
Speaker 1: Silly stuff, stupid stuff.
Speaker 3: You feel a sense of love for those that you lead, even if you don't personally know them. It's a strange thing to describe. On Monday, I was praying for you now. I was half hungover from my sermon on Sunday. It's a holy hangover, and the Lord started showing me stuff.
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 3: He gave me a phrase that I want to teach on for the next six weeks.
Speaker 1: And as different.
Speaker 3: Events were unfurling and whirling about our heads this week, I was so glad that God spoke to me and gave me this for us, because it's exactly what.
Speaker 1: We need for right now. I want you to stand to your feet and remain standing until I've read my scripture. We welcome our EPAM around the world.
Speaker 3: Although it has been an incredibly difficult week in our nation, we understand that in parts of the world there are tragedies that we never mentioned from this pulpit, But we want you to know that wherever you come from, whatever you're going through, we are here to bring Jesus into your situation, and we believe that if Jesus comes into your situation, anything is possible. The scripture that I want to set up this series with is in Lamentations Chapter three, Did you say, uh, oh, Lamentations is not the party book of the Bible.
Speaker 1: The name kind of gives it away.
Speaker 3: And I think that the Lord, in the way that he does, has something hidden in this for us today, for the questions that we've been asking inside of ourselves, for the isolation.
Speaker 1: That we've been dealing with and not knowing who to reach out to.
Speaker 3: And the prophet Jeremiah was writing from a difficult time in the history of the nation that he lived in called Israel. In fact, their temple had been destroyed, many of the people had been carried into exile in a place called Babylon by a king called Nebekinezer. He had the difficult task of preaching through his own tears into the tragedy of the people. In Lamentations chapter three, we received a poetic collection of some of his thoughts after he revised those prayers, and I want to share with you from verse seventeen, as he writes about his feelings from this place. Here's what he says, Lamentations three seventeen. I have been deprived of peace. I have forgotten what prosperity is. In one translation, he says, I have rejected peace. He says, I can't let peace in. I've got so much anxiety, so much fear. I can't let it in. I have rejected wholeness and peace.
Speaker 1: And in the ESV.
Speaker 3: He says, I have forgotten what happiness is. I've forgotten not only how to be happy, but I don't even really remember what it feels like. Now, after he says that he gives a little bit of his internal monologue, he says, so I say my splendor is gone, and all that I had hoped from the Lord. I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the goal, I well remember them.
Speaker 1: And my soul is downcast within me.
Speaker 5: Yet this I call to mine, and therefore I have hope.
Speaker 3: Because of the Lord's great love. We are not consumed. For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.
Speaker 1: One more verse, I say to myself, the Lord is my portion.
Speaker 3: God says, somebody needs to change what you say to yourself. You need to change what you say to yourself. Somebody shout, the Lord is my portion. Therefore I will wait for him now. The word God gave me for us over this season of our church, he said, to talk to you about same lies, new loops, Same lies, new loops. His mercies are new every morning, so are the devil's temptations.
Speaker 1: Same lies, new loops.
Speaker 3: Father helped me give it to them, just like you gave it to me. Don't water it down, don't weaken it with my opinion, but preach it like your word.
Speaker 1: Help me do that.
Speaker 3: I give you glory in Jesus' name. Amen, you may be seated. I have been waiting to worship with you. I can tell when a sermon really gets a hold of me because I start just drawing stuff and scribbling stuff everywhere. Whenever I start pulling out napkins and restaurants and as skin, the server, would you please bring me a napkin and a pen. The napkin they understand, but the pen they look at you kind of funny. And I've been writing all over the house, Same lies, new loops.
Speaker 1: Let me draw it for you.
Speaker 3: I even practiced my drawing, so cheer for me when I do this, because I'm insecure about it.
Speaker 1: Same lies, new loops.
Speaker 3: I've been praying for years and the Lord still hasn't healed my handwriting. So we're dealing with it.
Speaker 1: Same lives.
Speaker 3: You might say, same lies, new loops, thank you, thank you, appreciate.
Speaker 1: Like an infinity symbol. You know, yeah, same lies. Now.
Speaker 3: Holly is hosting Reflect on Friday, September the nineteenth. It's going to be an amazing time. Holly is an amazing preacher. She's an amazing teacher of the Word of God. You better be here.
Speaker 1: It's going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: She's an amazing wife, even better wife than she is a teacher of the Word of God. She's so good at so many things. She's my favorite cook. It's a great kisser, she's a great affirmer. She's a great mother, she's a great encourager. All of these things are true. There is one thing that she is not though. She is a horrible liar. Holly is a horrible liar. She is the worst liar. Therefore, you have to be very careful what you ask her about, because if I show Holly one of my songs that I just wrote and ask her how do you like it? I better really want to know because she is a terrible lie I mean, horrible liar. You know, how do you like it? And you know should do this thing? She'll go, what is it?
Speaker 1: Finished thought it was maybe not.
Speaker 3: She's just supposed to say, yeah, maybe that. I think that could be the next gyro. I think that could be the next grade. Just just lie to me long enough to give me the confidence to put it out.
Speaker 1: There in the world.
Speaker 3: No, she's a horrible liar, even when she tries to be polite, she's a horrible liar. You know, should I wear this? Does this look good? And you can always see it in her eyebrows. You can always see the lie in her eyebrows because she's gonna look at you so so distinctively before she tells you yeah, it looks great that you're not gonna believe it because she's a horrible liar. There's a game that our kids showed us called out of the Loop, and I think that's what it's called Out of the Loop. And the way the game works, you have to be a good liar to win it, and you pass the phone around the table, right, and everybody gets a category like animal, and then within the category there is a.
Speaker 1: Certain animal we say, like hippopotamus.
Speaker 3: And then one person doesn't get to see what the animal is, but they have to pretend like they know what it is. And then you go around the circle and ask questions and say this is it that could you have this animal as a pet? And then the person who doesn't know what the animal is they have to pretend like they do so nobody will know that they were out of the loop and didn't know it's a hippopotamus. And so when we play this game with Holly, it's the moment that we ask her can we have it as a pet?
Speaker 1: And she'll go, well, and everybody will go it's mom. Mom's out of the loop.
Speaker 3: She's such a bad liar. And I'm glad she's a bad liar. I'm glad for that. I don't want her to get any better at lying. But there's a problem. When you're not that good at inventing lies, sometimes you're not that good at identifying lies either, and so sometimes it's hard for you, if you have a hard time telling a lie, to tell when someone is lying to you. And the problem with this is that I think she needs to become a better liar. I don't want anybody in this room to become a better liar. That'd be a horrible thing to want for your church. But I do want you to become better at identifying the lies that the enemy has been telling you all your life that have kept you lost in a loop of his lies.
Speaker 1: The truth of the matter.
Speaker 3: Is, ladies and gentlemen, that God is the creator. He summoned light, said let it be, and light was. If he called light darkness, it would change and turn out.
Speaker 1: God cannot lie.
Speaker 3: If God said that blue shirt was read, you would watch a transformation and it would be washed in the blood real quick. God cannot tell a lie. It is impossible for him to lie. He is not a man that he should lie, nor the son of men that he should repent. As impossible as it is for God to lie, it is impossible for the devil to tell the truth. Because Jesus said in John chapter eight that when he speaks, he speaks his native language. He's a liar from the beginning. He's been lying a long time. He was lying before you got here. He was lying over your life when you.
Speaker 1: Were just a little baby.
Speaker 3: He has been planting lies in your mind before you had a conscious thought. He has been lying to you a long time, and it is difficult for you to identify those lies, because rather than tell a whole bunch of different lies, I have noticed that the enemy just hammers the same lies over and over again. Why because the enemy is not creative God is. He has no light to create, no stars to breathe forth, no sun to put in its place, no waters to cost to recede and bring forth fish in the sea.
Speaker 1: And he is not.
Speaker 3: Creative by nature. He is created and fallen. He is fallen. He's fallen. And because he's not created, he cannot be creative. And so since he can't make anything, he has to make something up. But since he's not creative, he has to be consistent.
Speaker 1: The devil is not very creative.
Speaker 3: If you look at your life, he says the same things to you over and over again.
Speaker 1: He's not creative, but he's consistent.
Speaker 3: He'll tell you the same thing over and over again until you can't tell the difference between his voice and your thoughts. And that's what makes it so diabolical. The lies come in disguise. If he said it with.
Speaker 1: A big, big voice up here, like.
Speaker 3: Holly, Oh, your song is great, I would know he was lying because his voice changed. But did you ever notice that the devil's voice doesn't change when he starts lying?
Speaker 1: In your mind?
Speaker 3: It sounds just like your own thoughts. And because you are an honest person, you have a very difficult time identifying the.
Speaker 1: Lies that he tells you.
Speaker 3: But if you can ever find the lie that he is telling you, you can flow in the truth that God has given you. And if you can ever find the lie he's telling you, you can begin to fill yourself with what God has spoken and receive the peace that is your birthright and inheritance as a child of God. And you can get your happy back, and you can get your home back, and you can get your heart back, because the devil has hijacked your mind your heart with lies long enough. And the reason that I know that it's him is he is not created. He only has two lies that he tells over and over again. And the prophet Jeremiah is believing both of those lies and lamentations chapter three, and he's going to a very deep dark place. See, there are really only two things the devil ever tells you, And you might want to write this down. So the next time he slithers up to you, that ancient snake. The next time he slithers up to you, he's under your feet. The next time he starts speaking to you. The next time he starts suggesting to you, the next time he starts tempting you, the next time he starts to make you move your feet off the solid rock of Jesus Christ and the Word.
Speaker 1: Of God, you can find the lie. There are really only two.
Speaker 3: One is it's not enough, and the second is you're not loved.
Speaker 1: Every lie you've.
Speaker 3: Ever believed from the enemy, and every pit of self pity you've ever dug for yourself, and every relationship you've ever reached to that wasn't good for you but it felt good to you was because of one of these two lies that the enemy told you so consistently and so convincingly. He told you it's not enough and you're not loved.
Speaker 1: Am I right about it? Now? I prayed on my knees this week. I said, I'm not going to get up in front of my church and tell them there's only two lies and just say a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: You got to show me, Lord, what are the two things or three things or four things? He said, there's really only two. There's really only two things. From the time that your mind is conscious in choosing, the enemy is whispering to.
Speaker 1: You it's not enough, and you're not loved.
Speaker 3: So I began to search the Bible to see if that was correct, because I don't trust my impressions.
Speaker 1: The devil is a liar.
Speaker 3: And I went all the way back to the Book of Genesis and all the way forward to the Book of Revelation, and I found out that the snake only says one thing.
Speaker 1: Did God really say? Did God really.
Speaker 3: Say that's why he's a snake? He's shaped like that question mark? Did God really say to get you to question what God clearly said, to get you to step outside of how God identified you. He's a liar. And so they tell you it's not enough. They tell you that it's not enough for you to just believe in Jesus. You got to have a whole bunch of other beliefs. You got to have a whole bunch of other dependencies. It's not enough just to call on the name of Jesus and be saved. You got to work your way to God. Try to get you so trampled down with shame. And the devil is so so good at lying. He's nothing like Holly. Let me say that for the record, the devil is nothing like my wife. He's so good at lying that he'll do it like this. When you're tempted to sin, he'll say it's no big deal. He'll get you to believe that the power of God to resist temptation is not enough. Then, when you sin and you need to come to God and confess your sin so he can cleanse you from you and purify you from all unrighteousness.
Speaker 1: He'll try to tell you it's not enough.
Speaker 3: He'll try to get you to think that the blood of Jesus is not enough, that the grace of God is not enough.
Speaker 1: So, before you.
Speaker 3: Sin, he'll try to get you to think that the power of God inside of you is not enough to keep you from sin. After you sin, he'll try to get you to think that the price that Jesus paid for your sin is not enough to take that sin off of you, to teach you to roll your shame away, to bring you into a new beginning, to.
Speaker 1: Give you new mercies. With every sunrise, and every.
Speaker 3: Day the sun comes up, you're waking up in not enough, because the devil is very effective through repetition.
Speaker 1: It's not enough. Think about everything you have to do today.
Speaker 3: You start thinking this before the covers come off in the morning I know you do. It's not enough time to get it all done. It's not enough money to pay every bill, it's not enough sleep that I got last night.
Speaker 1: It's not enough.
Speaker 3: People that I want to see it to make me want to throw these covers off and get out of these comfortable pajamas with the footies on them, and put my uncomfortable shoes on and stand up for eight hours all day because when I get home after eight hours at work, there's not going to be enough of me to go around for all these people.
Speaker 1: And since it's not enough, I'm not loved.
Speaker 3: Because if I don't show up enough, then everybody in my life feels like a demand and nothing feels like a supply. So now the enemy has got me in an infinite loop of scarcity.
Speaker 1: Because it's not enough, and you are not loved.
Speaker 3: And now he's got you thinking that you are what you do, and so if what you do isn't enough, then you are not enough. Never mind that Christ is enough, never mind that he wouldn't have created you, planned you, brought you into this moment in your life, spoken you into the earth at this time, put you in that family, yes, that family, the weird family, the dysfunctional family. Every family is dysfunctional. Stop lying to yourself saying it. If my family wasn't dysfunctional, I wouldn't be If your family wasn't dysfunctional, you would be an angel. That's the only non dysfunctional family that God ever made. They're called angels. They live in heaven. We live on earth. It's called hell. Get used to it. Bring Heaven to earth and get on with it. The family of God is dysfunctional, but we are here.
Speaker 1: Do not be deceived.
Speaker 3: So I was scribbling this down on the napkin, and I was thinking, same lies, new loops.
Speaker 1: And what I want you to do.
Speaker 3: Is pull back up Jeremiah the prophet in Lamentations chapter three, And I want you to go all the way from verse eighteen.
Speaker 1: To verse twenty one. And this is what we're working on in our lesson today.
Speaker 3: Somebody say, same lies, new loops. Now, if a person lied to you as much as the devil does, how many times would you keep letting them in front door? If every time they came through they stole something, If every time they came through they tracked mud all over your beige carpet, how many times would it take, and yet we go through the same lies over and over again. Don't feel bad about it, Jeremiah did. And I am looking for lamentations.
Speaker 6: On the screen. There we go. Oh, I was stollen. I was stollen bad just now. But look at this in verse eighteen. I want you to circle this, he said.
Speaker 3: So I say, my splendor is gone, or my glory is gone, or it feels like God is gone, or it feels like my imagination is gone, or my happy is on hiatus and I can't find it.
Speaker 1: I forgot what it is to be happy, he said.
Speaker 3: So I say my splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the Lord. Now I want you to circle those three words I had hoped. I had hoped put it in the comments. Please, if you're watching online, I had hoped. I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall I well remember them. And my soul is downcast within me. And this is the verse we felt so excited about when we read it, because it gives us a new loop.
Speaker 1: I'll explain in a moment.
Speaker 3: Yet this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope, and I want you to circle those three words. Now, I have hope, And the question is, Jonathan, how do we get from here where hope is in the past tense?
Speaker 1: I had hoped to hear where I got it back?
Speaker 3: I am preaching better than your saying, Amen, that's the truth? How do I get from I had hoped.
Speaker 7: To I have?
Speaker 1: It's not as easy of a journey as.
Speaker 3: You may think, because by the time you've been going around the same lies over and over again in your mind, and you've been looping. I've been teaching a lot on looping in church, and it's the number one thing that I've been having people send me text about. They said, it was so helpful. How you explained to us that sometimes we don't get in the loop of the Word of God, and because we don't continually meditate on it, we just consume it, and then we go out into the world and we get consumed.
Speaker 1: We get consumed and we get in a different loop.
Speaker 3: Now, the problem with the things that Jeremiah was saying in Lamentations chapter three is that none of them were outright lies. On the surface, they all sounded true. The temple had been destroyed, that was true. Many of his friends family had been taken away. That was true, it would never be the same again.
Speaker 1: That was true. And there may be some things.
Speaker 3: That are true of you today, but just because they're true of you does not mean that you have to be trapped in them for the rest of your life. This is where it's difficult, man, because the devil would talk to you so good.
Speaker 1: He's such a good liar.
Speaker 3: He'd be talking about hippopotamus and trying to describe a hippopotamus, you know, and he's not like Holly.
Speaker 1: He's a good liar. So he'll start talking to you and he'll say, you know what, you have been afflicted.
Speaker 3: You are lost. There have been a lot of people who have left your life. There is a lot of evil in the world. You ought to be scared to go out in public. Everybody is crazy. Everybody is against each other. Everybody is fighting against one another.
Speaker 1: And part of that is true. But you have got to be very.
Speaker 3: Careful what you say to yourself as you go through what we all go through. Because when he said I am afflicted, when he said my splendor is when he said verse nineteen, please on the lower thirds, I remember my affliction and my wandering, and the bitterness and the gall We begin to understand that you cannot be full of bitterness if you expect to be filled with peace.
Speaker 1: Let me teach you for a moment.
Speaker 3: If I am filled with bitterness, I am going to be empty of peace. Verse seventeen. He says, I have been deprived of peace. But it's not exactly that somebody took your piece away. Sometimes it's that you rejected it. Sometimes you reject the peace that God wants to give you about the situation because you believe the lie that the devil told you about the situation. And God really wants to give you a peace, but you push the peace away how by going around the same loop, the same loop. Many times. For me, I find myself replaying offenses, replaying movies in my mind that I didn't even like the first time I saw him. Why would you buy a ticket back to the movie when you hate it the first time.
Speaker 1: But Jeremiah is in a desperate place.
Speaker 3: Understand Not a flat tire, not a failed class, not a drop college offer, not a little ache in his pinky toe. He has lost everything I had hope, I don't have hope. And he goes around and around, and I'm going to tell you what he's doing in this situation. I've done it before myself.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 3: Circling his hurt. How you been circling your hurt? How you been going around and around it and around it and around it. Now, God left this book in the Bible for a reason. I'm glad that God didn't edit it out, because then I would feel like that being an overcomer in Christ means that I feel no pain. I would think that being afraid was a lack of faith if he didn't leave it all in.
Speaker 1: He said, I've been afflicted.
Speaker 3: I've wandered, I've tasted bitterness and gaud I am so filled with it that I even began to wonder, not only am I not enough?
Speaker 1: But is God enough?
Speaker 3: The devil won't tell you God isn't enough. You know too many Bible verses for him to do that. He'll start to tell him that He's not enough.
Speaker 1: For you.
Speaker 3: And your situation, and how it's different with you, and you start circling how bad. It hurts, and it hurts, and it hurts, and it did hurt. It hurt for Jeremiah to lose everyone he loved. It hurt for them to walk out on you. It hurt for them to say that about you. It hurt for them to criticize you. It hurt in your body when you were diagnosed with the illness and then you found out.
Speaker 1: It was worse than you thought. It hurt, and it hurt, and it hurt.
Speaker 3: And if I were the devil, I would keep you circling your hurt, because as long as you remember it more than you recognize God in it, he can keep you going around and around and around and around and around and around and never get to verse twenty one. Now, what happens in verse twenty one of Lamentations.
Speaker 1: Chapter three is very powerful. I wrote down in my notes.
Speaker 3: When you say this point, walk down and make sure they're paying attention.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll do right now.
Speaker 3: You would expect that with Jeremiah, who is a prophet for God.
Speaker 1: What is Jeremiah not a bullfrog?
Speaker 8: He is a.
Speaker 1: For the old timers. I know you don't know about it. You don't need to know about it.
Speaker 3: It's the same stuff as the same stuff as you works every time. He's a prophet for God, which means he speaks for God to people. So you will think at this moment and you are understandably wrong that God is going to speak to him because he speaks for God.
Speaker 1: But what blew my mind?
Speaker 3: And I don't mean mind blow emoji, I mean cold chills up and down my body while I was praying about some of the hurts that I keep circling in my life, some of the abandonment that I keep reliving in my heart, some of the trauma, if I can use an overused word, that enters my body during high stress times. And I don't know what to do because I am expecting for God to.
Speaker 1: Speak to Jeremiah. But in Lamentations three, God doesn't speak Jeremiah does. That changed my life because I'm expecting him to say, my hope is gone. God is gone. And I'm expecting God to stand up and say, no, I'm not Jeremiah.
Speaker 4: I am here, and I am here.
Speaker 1: But God don't say a word Jeremiah does.
Speaker 3: And when Jeremiah speaks, God comes. God is waiting for you to change what you say, and you are going to see what he spoke. When you change what you say Shot three people tell him change what you say, and if you change what you say, you'll change what you see and God will walk in the room, and God will show up in the hospital, and God will show up in a broken heart, and God will show up at your job, and God will show up in your emptiness, and God will show up in your loneliness, and God will show up in your doubts. And Jesus will come into your storm, and Jesus will step into your folk, and Jesus will make a.
Speaker 1: Wind in a way.
Speaker 3: Die now when you see.
Speaker 4: Come on, call him right now.
Speaker 9: Somebody say, Jesus, I need to right now, not five years from now. I don't have five years for therapy. I need to right now.
Speaker 1: I need to right now, Jesus.
Speaker 3: So please believe me when I say that. I know it hurts, but you have to make a decision, don't you. Am I gonna keep circling my hurt or am I going to summon my help?
Speaker 1: Oh God?
Speaker 4: Because when you call Jesus, help is on the way.
Speaker 3: Because when you say come Lord, because when you say I'm MP and I need to be filled, Jesus shows up. Yes I have hurt. That's an old story. Yes I have hurt.
Speaker 1: It's human.
Speaker 3: Yes, some people suck, they're human, but some don't. And God said to remind you that The longer you circle your hurt, the less you can summon your help.
Speaker 1: Let me draw you this.
Speaker 3: I just pictured somebody in here today and I was like, you've been circling hurt, circling hurt, circling hurt, cir circling hurt.
Speaker 1: But the moment.
Speaker 10: Who I've been drawing on that because I'm trying to fight that devil.
Speaker 4: Get them beat you down.
Speaker 3: And let it know.
Speaker 10: Holt that to the hells?
Speaker 1: Where down my hell?
Speaker 11: Holler?
Speaker 12: Hell?
Speaker 10: Now how sid through hell?
Speaker 4: But I got how that hurts a long time.
Speaker 13: But I gotta down.
Speaker 14: You see that, Jeremiah, tell seven people, I got help, Tell them the world's a real crazy but I got hell tell him.
Speaker 15: The darkness does his best to try to keep us down, but we have help. Our God is a very present health in the time of trouble. The devil is a very present devil in the time of trouble.
Speaker 4: But for every lie the devil speaks, there is a new loop of the truth of the Word of God that is flowing to his people.
Speaker 1: And this rock is.
Speaker 4: Jesus, He's the word. This rock is Jesus. And the wind came and the storms.
Speaker 10: Blew from my house did not fall because it was hell. I have Hell.
Speaker 3: I'm not enough, but I have help. They don't love me, but he does not but I have help. They don't love me, but he does. Same lives say all you want, Devil, keep on talking, Devil, wear your voice out, Devil, get Laryngiti's Devil stuck to me in the night. Devil, tell me you're gonna kill me. Devil, tell me not to preach this devil And I.
Speaker 10: Just opened my mouth and help ten.
Speaker 3: People on the left side of the turf. Who am I preaching to? Who am I help? Is?
Speaker 16: Go?
Speaker 10: Lord send me to remind.
Speaker 11: You you he Hell, there's more with us then with them.
Speaker 10: There's more with us.
Speaker 1: Then with them.
Speaker 10: There's more with us then with them.
Speaker 1: There's more with us then with them. There's more with us then with them.
Speaker 3: There's more with us then with them.
Speaker 4: I got angels all around me.
Speaker 10: I got family all around me, I got Jesus all around me, I got help, I got hell.
Speaker 1: That's what the prophets said.
Speaker 3: Eliza said, there's more with us then with them.
Speaker 1: Same lives. The Devil's got you surrounded again. But whatever is surrounding you, God made a loop surrounding it, same lies.
Speaker 3: H How did the prophet Elijah end up hiding.
Speaker 1: In a cave from a woman named Jezebel.
Speaker 12: He forgot he had help, and he sat down on a broom tree and said, cant me God.
Speaker 16: And God wouldn't kill him. God wouldn't kill him because he had a new loop for him. God wouldn't even let you die. God wouldn't even let you abandon the faith.
Speaker 3: God wouldn't even let you not come to church today. You had a bad attitude when you walked in, and God dragged your bad attitude in with your worship in mouth.
Speaker 1: And now you found out I have hell. But you don't know that when you're in the valley.
Speaker 3: Bring me that Bible. In One Kings, chapter nineteen, I already sat down. I don't feel like getting back up to get mine. And this was mine before I gave it to you. Somebody helped me. Come on, help me preach all. I'm not up here by myself. I'm not in this by myself. And the Bible said that Elijah in forty days forty nights into the cave.
Speaker 1: And I want to show.
Speaker 3: You the loop that he was in because it might be very meaningful to you. The Lord came to him, and the Lord shows off man. When God comes, he comes and does all kinds of stuff. See the mountain that he's at is Mount Sinai. You remember when God gave.
Speaker 1: The Moses the law to Moses at Mount Sinai, and.
Speaker 3: The earthquake came and like the fire of God and the glory of God. So when Elijah goes to hide in the cave because he called down the fire from heaven. But sometimes the thing that makes you powerful on the mountain can make you crazy in the cave. And he begins to say this thing to himself over and over and over again. I mean it's written two times in One Kings nineteen. The Bible says that the word of the Lord came to him when he was in his cave, and they said, what are you doing.
Speaker 1: Here, Elijah? And he replied, I gotta get up now, I gotta draw it.
Speaker 3: I really want you to get this. I really want this to help you. I don't want you just to hear me. I want to help you. I know that the devil has been lying to you. I know he's been telling you that there is something incurably wrong with you. I know he's been telling you that it's your fault from what happened five years ago, that you can't apologize for again.
Speaker 1: But you can only move forward. I know what he's saying.
Speaker 17: But here is Elijah in the cave, and the Lord ask him, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: You're not happy either, he said.
Speaker 18: I am the only.
Speaker 3: One lie Sean First Kings nineteen, verse number seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think that's the right one. Verse eighteen. God say, yet, I reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose needs have not bowed to bail. Elijah said, I'm the only one not serving the false God. I'm the only boy.
Speaker 3: He's got that song on a loop too. I'm the only one. I'm the only one. Say long enough it'll feel true. Treat people that way, long enough, it'll become true.
Speaker 1: Now it's not just a lie, it's a loop, and it's your life. And you say, I had hoped, but I lost it in the loop.
Speaker 3: Read the story Saints, First King, Chapter nineteen, verse ten. The Lord said, what are you doing here? Elijah? What are you doing here? He replied, I've been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant. True they did. They did because humans hurt you. They torn down your altars. True, they did that. They put your prophets to death with the sword. That's true, they did that.
Speaker 1: And I am the only one left lie.
Speaker 3: But the devil had convinced him so much with stuff that was true that once he got him in the loop, it was easy to convince him of what wasn't true. And now Elijah is giving this speech to God. How are you going to start telling God how God's people abandon God? How do you think it hurt you more than it hurt God. But He's been circling this hurt for a long time. And when you circle your hurt long enough, you don't summon your help. You forget how to reach out to who you do have. You forget to pray, how you know how to pray. You forget to be grateful. Don't you You.
Speaker 1: Stop saying those gratitude things in the morning. You stop saying them.
Speaker 3: Because he got up on not enough and not loved, and that got on the loop.
Speaker 1: Now watch what the Lord does. He is so kind.
Speaker 3: Elijah says, now they are trying to kill me too. And the Lord said, go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of.
Speaker 1: The Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.
Speaker 3: Then a great and powerful wind toward the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord. But the Lord wasn't in the wind, and the wind came, and then after the wind, there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. The Lord came in all of those ways in Moses's time, but he's coming.
Speaker 1: A different way to Elijah.
Speaker 3: Can you let God come to you a different way and not think that he left you. I feel this thing going deep. If y'all have a lunch appointment, please feel free to leave. But I'm gonna finish this message for the hundred people that need to hear it today who had been on the loop.
Speaker 1: And after the fire came a gentle whisper. I've done a whole.
Speaker 12: Messages where I whispered for ten minutes to talk to you about how when the enemy.
Speaker 16: Is lying to you, he's loud because he can't get to you.
Speaker 1: When God tells the truth to you.
Speaker 12: He whispers because he's close.
Speaker 1: That's why the devil's so much louder.
Speaker 3: That's why you have to draw near to God to hear him. And the Bible says, when Elijah heard that whisper Verse thirteen.
Speaker 1: Boy, this font is so small.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I used to preach from this Bible. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. And that a crazy phrase. The mouth of the cave. The cave has been talking, just bouncing around. You're the only one the mouth. You ever heard, the mouth of the cave.
Speaker 1: But then comes the voice of the Lord.
Speaker 3: I cannot draw God, but I'm making bigger than Elijah. I'm making happy. I'm gonna give him a crown. That's the best I can do. Lord, But that represents you. And God says, watch this, God says, watch.
Speaker 8: This new loop, I say, I say, And.
Speaker 7: The Lord, God of Elijah, brought you here today to open a new loop over your life, a new way of thinking, a new way of being, a new way of handling adversity, a new.
Speaker 1: Way of processing pain.
Speaker 3: It's as small as a whisper, but it can change your world.
Speaker 1: It can bring you out of the cycle of thinking.
Speaker 3: That put you in this place all alone, that made you feel shut off and cut off, and forgot your health and circling your hurt. Jeremiah said it two hundred and fifty years after Elijah learned it.
Speaker 1: He ministered in a different place. But it's the.
Speaker 3: Same lesson this I called to my mind. Therefore I have hope. It is because of the Lord's new loop. It is because of the Lord's voice. It is because of the Lord's love. It is because his compassions are infinite. It's a new loop. It's a loop of his love that never stops. It means he's got me in his hand, even when I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: In my mind.
Speaker 3: It means he's got me in his plan, even when I can't prove.
Speaker 1: It with my math.
Speaker 3: It means he's got me in his sovereign will, even when I rebelled and got off course.
Speaker 1: And the Bible says he asked him a second time, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing here, Elijah? And Elijah replied verse fourteen, I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant and torn down your altars and put your prophets to death with the sword. I'm the only one left. He's still in the loop. Ah, but give me verse fifteen, where the Lord said to him new loop. The Lord said to him, new loop, go back the way you came. And when you get to the desert, I've got somebody in Damascus for you to anoint. His name is Hazel, and he will take care of the international affairs verse sixteen. After you get done annoying Hazel, go anoint Jehu, son of Nimshi, king over Israel.
Speaker 1: He will handle the national affairs. And then, when you.
Speaker 3: Get done annoying those two government leaders, annoying Elisha, son of Sheifat from Abel Mahola to succeed you as prophet, Jayhu will put to death any who escaped the sword of hay y'all, and Elishah will put to deathty who.
Speaker 1: Escaped the sword of Jayhu.
Speaker 3: Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel, all whose.
Speaker 1: Knees have not bowed down to bail and whose mouths have not kissed him. And verse nineteen is the happiest.
Speaker 3: Verse I read you all day, because it says, so Elijah.
Speaker 1: Went from there new loop, new loop.
Speaker 3: Not I've been very zealous in the Lord abandon me and they It isn't about what they did. It's about what he said. It's not about what they didn't do. It's about what he still can do. It is not about circling your heart. It is about summoning your help.
Speaker 13: And if you go all the way to the Book of Revelation, not revelations, and it's not Walmarts either.
Speaker 1: It's just one mark that is wall and it's one revelation from.
Speaker 3: John on the Island of Patmos, many revelations. I was reading how it ended, and I realized something very powerful. In verse seven, he said that a great war broke out in heaven and Michael and his angels fought against the dragon.
Speaker 1: See, we say crazy stuff.
Speaker 3: When weird stuff happens in the world, and horrible things happened in the world, and we're like, it's never been like this before.
Speaker 1: Is in the first book and the last book of the Bible, all of it.
Speaker 3: He said, there was a war that broke out in heaven, and the angels started fighting for God against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back, but he.
Speaker 1: Was not strong enough and they lost their place in heaven.
Speaker 3: Well, if y'all shouted over that verse you really like nine, and the great dragon was hurled down.
Speaker 1: Let me remind you who that.
Speaker 3: Dragon is that's fighting against you today, That ancient serpent. He's been lying a long time, and he's real good at his job. But God has been creating longer than he's been lying. And God is better at his job than the enemy is at his. So I came to remind you today the dragon was cast down. So the next time your soul gets down cast, call to your.
Speaker 1: Mind the victoria that Jesus already won for me.
Speaker 19: And verse eleven says, and verse eleven says, and verse eleven says they triumphed over him.
Speaker 4: Find the blood of the lamb and the word.
Speaker 10: Ah, there, Simony, if you gotta tempt Simony, stand up, stray, Let the devil know. Great is his faithfulness, Great is.
Speaker 1: His faithfulness.
Speaker 20: And morning by morning, I've got new mercies, new loose sing God, new loose same lies.
Speaker 1: New loops.
Speaker 3: We watched the movie A Beautiful Mind, and the man in the movie always heard voices.
Speaker 1: He always heard voices. He always heard voices.
Speaker 3: And he was explaining to somebody after he had recovered and gotten treatment He was played by Russell Crowe, the Great John Nash. He was playing this man who suffered from a terrible condition and he heard voices, and they asked him at the end of the movie, did the voices go away? And he said no, but you just learn not to listen to them. So we will journey together over these next weeks, not only for your sanity, but for your sanctification, so you can be set back apart from God, for God, from the enemy.
Speaker 1: We will labor together.
Speaker 3: We will find out how to get from Lamentations three eighteen, where the prophet said, man, I just I just kept going over and over in my mind everything that I've lost. And while I was going over everything I lost, I was in a loop. And then in verse twenty one, he says, yet I call this to my mind. Oh I didn't even get to preach that to you.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: You come back next week, right, You come back next week?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 3: I really need you to tune back in next week, because this word is going to be a reversal for some of you, a reversal. This season is going to be a season of reversal to where everything that the enemy has been speaking over you is going to give way to what God says about you. I have so many napkins around my house with these little loops. Don't make me waste one. Don't make me waste one the week that I might give the napkin that you need. Don't be sleeping because there are some things that God wants to show you that are really true. But today I feel like there's somebody that the Lord brought here who has never begun this journey of following Jesus. You never even took the first step to follow him, and maybe you thought that you weren't enough and he wouldn't love you, and maybe you thought.
Speaker 1: That you didn't need him.
Speaker 3: But you have found in the season of your life that you do need his grace and his strength. So right now we have a very special tradition at our church where we all bow our heads and close our eyes together. This is for you online too, and at every location. The Bible says that it is by grace you are saved through faith. This is the gift of God, not of work, so that no one can boast. The grace of God is enough to save you. All you have to do is place your faith in him. The Bible says that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and live in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. He'll come get you right now. He's already running your way, got his arms wide open.
Speaker 1: Just come to it. Just come to it with your head bowed and your eyes closed.
Speaker 3: Our entire church family is going to pray out loud for the benefit of those who are coming to God, or maybe you're coming back to God. This is going to be a new day, a new beginning for you right now. If you want to give your life to Jesus today, you don't have to wait another day.
Speaker 1: You could do it right now.
Speaker 3: Repeat this prayer out loud after me, everybody praying together, Heavenly Father, Today is my day of salvation.
Speaker 1: I am a sinner in need of a savior. And I believe that.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the savior of the world. And today I make Jesus the Lord of my life. I believe he died for my sin and rose again to give me life. I receive this new life. This is my new beginning. I am a child of God. If you prayed that, shoot your hand up on the count of three, one coup three. I want to celebrate you all over the room, all over the church.
Speaker 1: God bless you.
Speaker 4: We got a bible.
Speaker 1: Come in your way.
Speaker 4: This was all worth it if it was just for you.
Speaker 3: Come on, Welcome home, Welcome home, Welcome home, Welcome to your full circle moment, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 1: I like it, l Jay, Let's sing it a few guys.
Speaker 12: Jesus.
Speaker 4: See the name, say it, Jesus, the name.
Speaker 12: Jesus.
Speaker 21: Say Jesus, Jesus, Jess.
Speaker 4: Every location, say Jesus.
Speaker 21: Leaving day, Jesus, Jesus, Jess.
Speaker 1: Grab the hand of the person on either side.
Speaker 3: Of you, link up with somebody, get across the aisles and look them right in the.
Speaker 1: Eyes and say, I know it's hard, I know it hurts. I know it's heavy. But you have help. Squeeze their hand real hard so they'll know.
Speaker 3: How strong their help is. Come on, squeeze it till the circulation cuts off. Let them know how strong their help is. Squeeze it till they realize.
Speaker 8: That God won't let you go, that God won't let you down, that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above.
Speaker 10: All you ass thank Parmass it.
Speaker 4: It's Jesus' name.
Speaker 10: I miss you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to those of you who give generously to this ministry. Is because of you that this ministry is possible. You can click the link in the description to give now or visit Elevationchurch dot org slash podcast for more information and if you enjoyed the podcast, you can subscribe.
Speaker 1: You can share it with your friends.
Speaker 2: You can click the share button, take a screenshot and share it on your social stories and tag us at Elevation Church.
Speaker 1: Thanks again for listening. God bless you