Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final hour. In this Tuesday, Dan and the Dan Nuts Dan Patrick Show more phone calls, Reggie Miller will stop buying about twenty minutes from now. The Lakers into the off season, but bringing with them quite a few question marks. And the Cleveland Cavaliers subpar first half for Donovan Mitchell four points, but an all time second half with thirty nine as they even the series with the Detroit Pistons. Eight seven to seven three DP Show Email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Good morning. If you're watching the program on Peacock, our streaming partner, download the app if you haven't done so. Stat of the Day brought to you by PENAI America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Operator Tyler is sitting by O take your phone calls. Eight seven to seven three DP Show. Dylan pull question for the final hour and sum up the first two hours of the show.
Speaker 3: All right, Dan, Well, we started off with what you're more interested in? What the Lakers do next or what Lebron does next? Fifty three percent say what Lebron does next? Tight one there, who would you rather have Donovan Mitchell or Jalen Brunson sixty seven percent Jalen Brunson. And then I threw up a topic we were talking about last hour. What is what do you classify as middle aged forty forty five, fifty or other? Forty percent say forty five.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think fifty is the new forty. Yeah, he's a new twenty tune in tonight the Timberwolves against the Spurs. That's at eight eastern non NBC in Peacock. The Timberwolves are ten and a half point underdogs. In explaining his decision to leave Old Miss for LSU, Lane Kiffen in the most recent Vanity Fair magazine talked about Old Miss struggle to distance itself from symbols like the Confederate flag, Colonel Rebel, and the nickname Old Miss itself. When he he was coaching there, Kiffin says top recruits would tell him, quote, hey, coach, we really like you, but my grandparents aren't letting me move to Oxford, Mississippi. That doesn't come up when you say baton rouge. Louisiana parents were sitting here this weekend saying the campus's diversity feels so great. It feels like there's no segregation. Ryan McGee joining us now the ESPN dot Com senior writer co host of Marty and McGhee. How would you how would you sum up with this quote is meant to say for Lane Kiffin Old Miss at LSU.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's right on schedule.
Speaker 5: You know, if you look at the Lane Kiffin playbook, we're about halfway between SEC media days and middle of July, and you know, kind of the end of football, and you know, you just to be really careful with these things because you know, I am of the age I was a student at the University Sennessee and we used to play Ole Miss every year when I was a student, and we play at the Liberty Bowl. But that's back when Billy Brewer was the head coach there and they were begging, he was begging the student body quit, I mean the entire student section to be waving Confederate flags.
Speaker 4: And so to know where that was and to know what Oxford.
Speaker 5: Is that I have experienced, you know, for the last twenty years, and to know the Oxford that Lanekiffin sat down with me with a year ago this month and went on and on and on and on about it and knowing what Baton Rouge is, which is one of my favorite places on the planet, and knowing where tigers came from the mascot You have you really careful with these things.
Speaker 4: I mean acting like you have moved.
Speaker 5: From Mississippi to Berkeley and you moved to Baton Rue.
Speaker 4: That's not really what's happened.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure why you go down this road other than the Lane Kiffin playbook is he wants them to love him where he is, and he doesn't really care if they still love him where he was, and he will tell you that's not the case, but everything that he does tells you that this is just what he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would just want to know. And once again trying to put it in context, and I didn't even factor in that this is Lane kind of being Lane Kiffin. But it feels like he has one of these things each year where he says something this is potentially inflammatory or maybe it just is inflammatory of you know, to a certain segment of the population, but it's kind of a recruiting tool as well. Hey don't go there, come here, everything is great here in bat Rouge, Louisiana. I'm curious what did he think when he went to Old Miss to begin with because he needed a bailout with his coaching career and Old Miss gave him that. Did he not realize what some of these names meant the history.
Speaker 4: Of the place. I just and it's very obvious when you're there.
Speaker 5: And I give Oxford credit, I give Starkfield credit because what they have really done in the last twenty years, in particular, says I'll and going back in kind of the second half of my career, is they will educate you on what took place there. And and as opposed to wasn't that long ago everybody just wanted to act like Paul Woods, It's.
Speaker 4: Not you know, it's not really how it was.
Speaker 5: And now that they want to have this, I just think about him sitting again, sitting with me a year ago, and I love this place so much and it's not what people think that it is. And when I came here, I have preconceivtions and now they've they've made me realize that it's not what I thought it was. It's just all he really cares about is the recruiting class where he is, the fan base where he is, the boosters where he is and you know LSU and Ole Miss have been rivals for men years, the Magnolia Bowl and all that, and this is just.
Speaker 4: A shot across about this just feels like a line that maybe you maybe would shouldn't across.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of other ways to go with this, and to go down that road is going to create I mean, I don't believe in social media as a barometer of where the world actually is, but social media today is, I mean, it's ferocious because of this, and I just don't know if that's the unintended consequences that he had planned.
Speaker 4: He's just looking for a recruiting edge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he could be correct that grandparents said this to him, but he's wrong in I think verbalizing this the way he did, instead of just saying LSU was a better job, more money, better chance to play for a national championship and have sustained greatness, that's all. Like, make it about LSU. Don't take a shot at old miss. His old Miss gave you a platform to restore your career.
Speaker 5: And these were all the things he's already been saying, right, these are all the things that he was saying with I'm going somewhere where I can win a national championship, going some with resources.
Speaker 4: I'm going.
Speaker 5: So I've hit the ceiling at ole Miss and he just led the greatest era in the history of ole Miss football. I don't know if anybody will ever replicate it, but just just go with that. I just don't know why you step over this line. And I also don't know why I'm surprised. You know, I've known I've been around Lane Kiffin's as we were kids, and when his dad was when when Money was the head coach Annancy State, and my dad was an acc football referee, and and I don't know why I'm surprised. I just, uh, I just again, I think about the guy I sat down with a year ago. I think about the guy that I talked through throughout the season last year until he quit for some of my text, you know, at Thanksgiving, and I just I think about that guy. And I don't know that I would have thought. I don't think he certainly, I certainly would have thought he would have said this about Oxford, the place that he said saved his life. I needed Oxford more than Oxford needed me. Was the quote that everybody used the most from our a sixty special. Yeah, and to do this now just tells you this is just he All he really cares about is where he is in the moment. But this just feels like a line that was probably ill advised across.
Speaker 2: Why did he stop returning your text messages?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Uh, he was texting me. I've talked about this on Martin McGee. He was texting me. Uh, my wife.
Speaker 4: My wife and I met at Tennessee. We were doing.
Speaker 5: Marty McGee Thanksgiving weekend for the Tennessee Vanderbilt game. And at midnight, my wife says, you have to stop texting with him.
Speaker 4: You have a show in the morning.
Speaker 5: And that was the last time of her from and with the last thing I texted was you should come on our show tomorrow. Just announced what you're gonna do. Marty's Marty's being held prisoner in the Ole Miss Athletic facility. Just tat Marty on the shoulder and go, hey, this.
Speaker 4: Is what I'm gonna do. But I'm not.
Speaker 5: We've texted one time since then. I texted him something about his dad a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, you know, But but this is again, this is the playbook it's Wendy Peppercorn from the Sandla Right, you go, you go. She don't know what she's doing, Yeah she does. She knows exactly what she's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Good to talk to you. Yeah, good to see you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: U is the sec back?
Speaker 4: It's interesting, isn't it?
Speaker 5: And and now we're talking about money and resources and small towns and all that. Now the big ten's got the big alumni bases and the big cities and you know, now it's kind of you know, it's it's Mason Dick's the line again, and it's gonna be Yeah. I think I think there's so much talent. I think there's a chance to be back. And it isn't it funny how the perception changes when you don't win. You know, howeverman in nafter championships in a.
Speaker 2: Row is Ryan McGee. Tell Marty, I said hello, thanks again for joining us.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Dan, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Ryan McGee ESPN dot Com Senior writer. And look, I he didn't write the article, but he's known Lane Kiffin And just how do you react to that quote? I wish Lane would take the high road. I really wish he would have that there could be a win win that Ole Miss brought back into relevance, you know, playing in playoffs. It was good. Lane Kiffin moves on for a better job from the standpoint of recruiting money resources. I get it, but you left this quote hanging there in Oxford, Mississippi, and that's where it's not fair. It's not right, and I'm disappointed that Lane doesn't see it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dil obviously, I know LSU is a better job quote unquote, but it's not the old days, like Indiana just won a national title, like and Ole Miss was competing for one very much though last year. So it's not like, oh my god, we like this whole new land. This landscape is actually perfect for school. It's like Ole Miss compared to before when it had no shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, if you want to do your history on the Deep South, then do your history on Louisiana as well.
Speaker 6: You had the tiger's nickname.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna, you know, paint Ole Miss, Oxford, Mississippi in a certain light, just just be aware. I mean, there's there's a lot of history down there. You're gonna navigate it and then be fair to everybody and do the take the high road. I know, recruiting, I mean, really, is that what this is about? Is it? You know, hey, I had to other reason why I left. You don't have to make up something. You don't have to just say it was a better job, more money. I got a chance to win a national title. I can have sustained greatness there where old miss man. We were kind of trying to hold this together with you know, scotch tape, yes doing.
Speaker 3: We talked about this the other week too, with like the live guys where we're just like, just say, you sign on the dotted line for two hundred million dollars, like no one's gonna fall. Like people just prefer the honesty, I think over anything else.
Speaker 2: That's all I wanted. You want to make money, you want to leave the PGA tour, then do it. But do not tell me you're growing the game, because that was a lie. You did not grow the game. You did not. All you have to do is say, and some guys said this, I think Fred who is it? Harold Barner? He said, I took I bettered my life like I I took it for the money.
Speaker 4: I left.
Speaker 2: That's all because that's why you're leaving for the money. And they couldn't be honest because they got talking punt. They hired wait Ari Fleischer worked in the White House. Hey, can you help us with the message? Like, what what's the message? We're growing the game? Okay, how are we doing that? We only played fifty four holes and we wear shorts and we play loud music. Yeah, but the kids are going to want to do that. You're growing the game. Okay, all right, all right, well what do they what do I say when they ask about the one hundred million dollars I got? You're growing the game? Oh so not growing my bank account? No? No, no, no, no, no, growing the game? Say it growing the game. There, I'll go out and get them.
Speaker 8: Yes, Martin and Lane undid so much goodwill that he had when he turned old Miss around and turned him into a contender, and then he's sticking.
Speaker 7: At the Old Miss. By now, all.
Speaker 2: These recruits, particularly black recruits, are.
Speaker 8: Going to say, so, what's going on over here in Oxford? What's up with all the you know, the history that they're trying to undo? And Marty, I mean Ryan McGee just said it. He's like in the past twenty years. It doesn't look anything like you did when he was in school at Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he throws out the word segregation, like come on, he can be right. The grandparents may have said this to him, but you're wrong in saying it. And certainly now yeah, yeah, Marv.
Speaker 8: And he just talked glowingly about Oxford just a year ago, sixty You didn't think he was going to leave.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I thought it was. It was so well done because I thought Lane Kiffin was being honest, like he really had done some work on himself. Hey, you know I can't leave here that you know this. My family's here, my ex wife's here, everything's great here, and all of a sudden, it's like, eh, I'm out of here. And if you're using racism as one of the reasons, when did you find out about this? When did grandparents tell you about this? Her parents tell you about this? Seems convenient that now you're leaving. That's unfortunate. Really is all right? We'll take a break. Red Gmailer will join us next year on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Hey, this is Jason McIntyre. Join me every weekday morning on my podcast, Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. This isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your.
Speaker 1: Throat every day.
Speaker 9: Straight Fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports headlines, accurate stats to help you win big at the sportsbook, and all the best guests. Do yourself a favor and listen to Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, Spurs are favored by ten and a half tonight. Reggie Miller on the call from San Antonio tonight with Mike Tarico, Jamal Crawford. That'll be an aid Eastern on NBC and Peacock. Your reaction to no further suspension or fine penalties for Victor going into this game, reg.
Speaker 7: I'm fine with that first time offender. Jamal and I were actually kind of shocked during the game. I think this has been a long time coming, and I'm gonna set it up like this because he is slowly becoming one of the faces of the league and at times. You always protect the superstars. The officials do sometimes and he is much musty TV because of what he does on the basketball for but he is also too getting beat up and that's a part of it. And especially come playoff time where the game becomes much more physical, it kind of rams up. And if you listen to Mitch Johnson, the head coach of the Spurs, comments after the game, basically saying good for him. I'm glad he stood up for himself because now this puts not only the league but the officials unnoticed, because you cannot have one of the faces of the league taking actions into his own hands and missing a half of a playoff basketball game. So now tonight, I believe and going forward he will be officiated a little bit different. Can you still be physical with them, Yeah, absolutely, But that was a shot for the league and for the officials to be put on notice. Hey, this is happening to me. I keep coming to you guys and saying, look out for this, and you're not doing anything. Okay, it's going to take this because now everyone's up in arms. Oh my god, No, Victor winbin Yama in the second half. You can't have your stars missing any time in playoff games?
Speaker 2: Do teams still have enforcers the way they used to where they you know, Jordan had Oakley and you were not messing with Oakley. I had the Davis Brothers boys. You know, do we have enforcers now.
Speaker 7: To a smaller degree? I would say, like in Detroit Isaiah Stewart, he is an enforcer. He comes in and he changes the landscape. Before that's what the power forward position was predominantly. In today's game, those are stretched forwards. Now everything is not done in the paint. And if you look at the makeup of this first team, they have a bunch of likable guys. They have some great they have some great, great characters on, but they don't have any true Ay came here or if Miss Johnson's looking down the hey go in for a couple minutes, that's all you need to say, go in for a couple minutes. They don't have that. Wendy took matters into his own hand. I kind of applaw that because now he will be officiated differently. They'll still be physical with him, but now they are unotice.
Speaker 2: I don't think this changes how Minnesota plays him now, you know, I want to put the pressure on the officials to make the calls, and maybe they look at it differently. If I'm an official, I'm not looking at it differently. I mean, he's going to get because of his build.
Speaker 4: It It's not like.
Speaker 2: Shack where you could hit him as hard as you want and you wouldn't be able to detect anything. Even Lebron going to the hoop. When Wemby gets hit, you notice it, and I think because of that, I don't know if they're going to protect him. I hated to see him do this, certainly in a playoff game that they would have won had he stayed in In my opinion, like this is the playoffs. You can't get tossed, you can't read.
Speaker 7: I agree with you one hundred percent. I don't think his intention was to get tossed. I don't think his intention was to hit the neck carea. But remember he's seventy four. Nad Reid is six' nine six.' ten any type of this action at, seven four you're gonna hit someone in. THE face i think he was intending to probably hit him in, the shoulder of, the chest something. Like that but at seven four everyone is. Considerably smaller, than you umb and this is what's. Gonna Happen If, I'M minnesota i agree. WITH you i keep testing. The limits this is the thing come. Playoff basketball and this IS why i applaud the champs and Ok see thunder because they have a bunch of dogs on their team and their motto is You can this goes back to the. Bad boys you can't, call everything you can't foul us. All out we're all gonna play the same way and we're gonna. Stay aggressive So if i'm, GONNA so i continue to push the envelope and let him. Protect them let them, call everything but they can't.
Speaker 2: Call, everything yeah but the greatest player of all time didn't get up. AND fight i mean he had people who would stand up for him and. BANG around, i mean you had an Incident, with jordan but for the, Most part mike had somebody to. Protect, him.
Speaker 7: Again there's a bunch of nice gentlemen on this first team and that's. Fine, TOO look, i agree you can't put yourself in, that position but sometimes violence. Is necessary and that's when he felt violence. Was necessary he. Took it it cost them, a game they recaptured. Home court now we move forward and see what happens here tonight in, Game.
Speaker 2: Five how do You Explain donovan mitchell with four points in the first half and thirty nine in the second half.
Speaker 7: Things, HAPPEN look i think he was settling way too much in that. First half if you, go back it was way too. Many THREES and I give detroit and a lot. Of credit they were. Pressuring him they were making, other Guys Especially, james harden who got off to a. Good start but it just shows You When donovan minchell is locked in and, keyed In this cleveland team can go to a different Level When james harden can start games, like That When donovan mitchell has a second half, like that with the Length Of Mobley. Jared allen this is why they won sixty plus games and was the overall number one seed a, year ago only to be upset in the second Round. By indiana the capability of this Team, has yes they can, beat anyone but they also have glimpses where, You Know donovan mitchell has four points and is one, four seven one, four eight and you can't have that in. Playoff games but they give, you flashes they tease you this team is. Very capable now can they win a. Road game can he play like that in, The road because If, you're detroit all you're saying is all we got to do is win home games and we win. THIS series i want to see him do it on the road in.
Speaker 2: Enemy territory AND if i said you Could Have jalen Brunson Or, donovan mitchell you got. First pick.
Speaker 7: I'm Going. With jay you KNOW how i Feel About. JAYALEN brunson, i think, to me the reason Why the knicks Are the knicks is because of. His mentality and we saw glimpses of this when he Was, with dallas a little bit when he Played. With luca but the foot that the time that he put Foot In massive, square garden he claimed the garden as. His own and anytime he's on, THE floor i am worried to death because, to me he will always be one of the best clutch time players because this dude has the. Best footwork he hits. Huge shots, NOW again i know he's a liability at the, defensive end but if it is a, clutch game if it's a close game And the knicks are, IN it i trust.
Speaker 2: That dude Talking To, reggie Miller the Hall of famer will be on the Call tonight game Five cent antonio At EIGHT eastern Nbc and Peacock the lakers future and how much of it is Tied To Lebron, JAMES.
Speaker 7: Well I Think rob polenka and that brain staff is going to have to really think. Going forward you're going to Build. Around luca you Start. With luca luca has to look himself in the. Mirror too we keep talking. About this he has to be available this time, of year and he's got to be in. Better shape but you've got to build around the future and the Star Of. Luca dancers the question is going To Be, austin, reeves like can you package him? For something do you open up the bank and give it? To him is he your section second option to Play? Alongside luca The way lebron finished the season without those, two GUYS and I know ar came back a little. Bit late he lets me know he can. STILL play i feel he's not going. To retire the question is will he be In a. Laker uniform most of his stuff that he does off, the court down all, his businesses being part Of the, hollywood culture that means Something. To lebron THAT'S why i can't see him in. Another uniform but also winning matters to him, as well and what is he willing. To take he's never really taken a backseat in terms of his. Contracts before he's never taken a, hometown DISCOUNT which i Think the lakers are kind of. Looking for, right here he holds all his cards in. HIS hands i still think he can help a. TEAM out i still think he can Help the. Lakers out but they've got to do other type of Building around Luca and Ar and lebron if they want to COMPETE with Okc. The spurs denver is gonna have, to retool but they Still, Have jokic so. There's up portland's gonna be an up and. Coming team you've got to get, some youth, some shooting some stretched bigs to Play. Alongside luca you've got to have a big that can knock down threes to Play. With luca.
Speaker 2: Feels who's closer to, a Championship the lakers Or The Golden. State warriors that's a.
Speaker 7: Great question you've Re Signed steve kerr two. More years, to me the injuries have hurt because you're not going To Get jimmy butler Back Until. January february If that curry is, thirty eight, thirty seven, Thirty eight dreymond is knocking on, THE door i would Say the lakers just Because, of luca and if They resigned Ar, AND lebron i would Say the lakers are closer to.
Speaker 2: A championship but THAT'S why i was Wondering Why steve kerr would. COME back, i mean you can love. TO coach i get that he could have gone elsewhere to coach while he's gonna make seventeen and a half, Million dollars but it almost feels like he owed It To, steph, curry, like hey as long as you're, Gonna play. I'll coach Because once, steph retires it's probably in, two Years and steve would probably retire. As well.
Speaker 7: Fair ASSESSMENT but i also, think too maybe he knows something is coming down. The pike, you know there's a guy that Plays in milwaukee that's always been. Somewhat linked we know How fond giannis Is. Of stephan maybe he Knows something, i'm not, you know saying anything that no one, else has, you know put out in the. Universe before but how would that pairing look if You Put, Stephen. Curry jannis I'm Sure jimmy butler would have to be in. That deal but if they were able To, keep draymond how would. That LOOK so i, don't know maybe he, knows something maybe they can make a deal for a top. Notch PLAYER but i think the Relationship between Curry And, steve kerr that's a. Great RELATIONSHIP and I think curry probably went to management, and, said hey make. It happen, this dude he. Owes it, four championships we've won. This TOGETHER and i think, you know those conversations were probably had behind.
Speaker 2: Closed Doors the bucks said the quiet thing out loud finally that they're looking to.
Speaker 7: Move.
Speaker 2: Y honest they should have been looking to, move. You honest if you want to better, your team. Your franchise it's great to have one of the great players of, all time but if you're, not winning you're kind of doing a disservice to both your fan base And. To jannis if, you can, you know get something. For him what can you get? For him AND maybe i wouldn't have him In. THE east i would make SURE that i sent Him. Out West If. I'm, milwaukee.
Speaker 7: Yeah but Things that i'm hearing and again this is things just in. The universe he doesn't want to, go west he wants to. Stay east so what does that? Look like? YOU know i mean there's teams that would, you know. Give them if You're, the bucks you're looking, for picks a plethora. Of them two.
Speaker 2: Three four How about Portland With.
Speaker 7: Dame, lillard, yes yes that would, be nice but we've kind of seen that. Experiment before it wasn't Great and dame is long in the tooth coming Back. From Achilles the dame will be thirty four to thirty five starting.
Speaker 2: Next, Year, yeah paul you said you had a Question. About, giannis yeah for both of.
Speaker 10: You, guys okay if You Were, oklahoma city you have two first rounders this YEAR and i think at least two, next year would you package Those for giannis or stick with the core?
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 7: Depends on what happens. This year if they go back, TO back i Don't think giannis. Can join you. Can't join this is almost LIKE the kdi Going to steph or going To. The warriors if the If the warriors had won that year when, they won they went seventy two, To, ten right there's no Way That kevin durant was joining them after winning. That championship he came after. They lost, remember now okay see he was up three to one Versus. The wars that's that's a different story at a. Different time but if they repeat, the THUNDER don't i Can't see giannis wanting. To come but, okay see has all you? Mentioned it they. HAVE picks i think you could Put aj mitchell. In there who, TO me i think on the brightest stage right now is showing that he can be a lead guard for. A team you have assets if you really wanted to go up to, Be honest but it depends on what happens the rest of these playoffs in. My, opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah BUT if Okc Beach, golden State Then kevin durant doesn't Go To. Golden state.
Speaker 7: He, doesn't dang he. Doesn't go it changes.
Speaker 2: Basketball history it changed basketball.
Speaker 7: History absolutely because AND well i think another thing that was on the, table too if memory serves, me right during, that year he was linked to Going to boston THAT, year KG which i think people wouldn't have been up and as up. IN arms i think people Looked at, kadie like you're going to a seventy two, win team even though they lost in. The finals, people, thought man he's just going for, the chips which. That's fine he has every right to. Do that and he got two out of it and TWO, finals mvp which that's that's. His prerogative but people look at him sideways like, come, on dude like.
Speaker 2: Come On if utah Beat, the Bulls does? Jordan? Retire?
Speaker 7: Yes probably you mean before Going? To. WASHINGTON yeah i think that was more of a financial move, as, well too Don't.
Speaker 2: You, yeah yeah because he was going to. Get ownership part ownership is going to, Get ownership so what do? You have come back To the, bulls though if if they lost, that.
Speaker 7: Finals did we really go back in history and say things? Like?
Speaker 2: THAT dan, I wonder I just i was. Just wondering just a, fun game don't. You know don't get Upset like carmelo did. On ME came i was looking, for you, tell him tell him where he can. Find, me well he's going to pick on a seventy year. Old man, Come.
Speaker 7: On carmelo you know we. Love you, and look here's the thing when we when you start comparing resumes, AND players i.
Speaker 2: Get it Why wasn't why wasn't?
Speaker 7: He?
Speaker 2: Upset? It you You took draymond's career.
Speaker 7: Over, HIS no i did.
Speaker 2: Not know you said it was about you said it was about.
Speaker 7: The chips it's about the CHIPS that i said, that MATTERS but i WOULD take.
Speaker 2: I said you had. TO pick i said you had. To, pick now look.
Speaker 7: At, You no.
Speaker 2: Carmelo was mad. At ME all i did is asked the question.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: Said Chips all i'm.
Speaker 7: Saying that you have started all.
Speaker 2: OF this I know i did.
Speaker 4: This little podcast.
Speaker 7: Thing in the morning that that's getting all the internet. Fired, up carmelo YOU and i. ARE cool i. LOVE you i will always be on.
Speaker 2: Your side it's No what reggie's, Answer, was okay here.
Speaker 10: We go reggie's, answer, was quote it's all about. The chips they're both going To be hall. Of famers mellow Is a Hall. Of famer draymond's going to Be a Hall. Of famer but, for me the.
Speaker 2: Chips. Matter, Bang bang i'm taking. The, ball no they didn't, Win.
Speaker 7: Chips mello don't let don't. Let them don let.
Speaker 2: You hear that truck. Backing up no't.
Speaker 7: Let them your anger is directed in the right place.
Speaker 2: Right there do you have the actual, Sound, Here marvin here? We go would you Rather Have carmelo anthony's Career Or. Draymond green.
Speaker 7: It's all about. The chips they're both going To be hall. Of famers mellow Is a Hall of famer Already and draymond's going to Be a Hall. Of famer one just has four rings and the defensive player of.
Speaker 2: The. Year ye the other one got to shoot an. Awful lot that's what's.
Speaker 7: His, Game though.
Speaker 2: So you would take the top.
Speaker 7: Ten score carmelo is a bona. Fide bucket but They're both hall of famers at the end of. The day and what is gets To drink bob four times don't don't doesn't? To me? Ships matter. THEY do i know a lot. Of people. Tips matter coming from a guy who never, want one.
Speaker 2: They matter there, you go you're Siding. With draymond it's about.
Speaker 7: THE ships i. Take. Them, vote.
Speaker 2: Apology, apology accepted apology, right there have, Fun tonight, Appreciate it, thank you. Love You, Reggie Allen Wisious, miller junior the third on, The Call, Jamal Crawford, mike Trico And. San antonio That's. It, Eastern yeah reggie is the one who. Answered IT all i did is asked, the QUESTION and I got, carmelo saying keep my name out of. Your, Mouth yes.
Speaker 8: Martin AGAIN he's i think he's, just saying you compare Me To. DRAYMOND green i think it was the person that he was. COMPARED to i don't even think it Was a carmelo.
Speaker 2: Or whoever i'm comparing the resumes of somebody who was a role player, winning championships or somebody who's one of the greatest scorers of.
Speaker 7: All time mencil and he.
Speaker 8: Felt insulted oh, My god draymont, Averages eight carmelo.
Speaker 2: AVERAGED twenty, I okay, reggie said it's about. The Chips if mellow has, a problem Directed, to reggie.
Speaker 7: Not me.
Speaker 2: It Was Like will Smith And chris rock.
Speaker 7: Keep on blame out of.
Speaker 2: Her mouth like? What what? All right let me take. A break i asked her for. Phone calls todd's Got his laker limerick that you want to do.
Speaker 11: If you want just a couple, of seconds so it's national, limerick.
Speaker 2: There do you want to?
Speaker 7: DO it i want to get out of the way real quick.
Speaker 2: Right, now, no, no no when we, come back. That's, fine no it's. A tease i want to keep the audience show that's what. You're going we're back.
Speaker 1: After This Fox sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in. The nation catch all of our Shows At foxsports radio dot com and Within the. iHeartRadio APP search fsr to.
Speaker 2: Listen live we've been Talking About lane kiffen a little. Bit today he had a Quote In vanity fair where he was talking about parents' grandparents talking about not wanting their kids to Go To ole miss because they had problems with the history of. Racism There lane kiffen put out a quote to on. THREE website i really apologize if anyone Anybody At old Miss or mississippi was offended. By that in a four, HOUR interview i was asked a lot of questions on a lot, of Things and old miss has been wonderful to me and. MY family i was asked questions about the differences, in RECRUITING and i said a narrative that we battled from there some out of state black parents and grandparents not wanting their kid to Move. To mississippi that's a narrative that coaches have been. Fighting forever it wasn't calculated by bringing. It up that's not the reason why You Left. Old. Miss lee you LEFT because lsu is a, better job. More. Money okay THE problem i, have is did you need to make that feel like an excuse as to why you're leaving? Old miss when did you hear from parents? And grandparents like just this? Past year was it? Years ago how many parents and grandparents told? You this like if we want to do a deep guib, on this. We can but and we did, invite him, Move forward you're GOING. To lsu nobody forced. You out you did an unbelievable. Chob there why can't you leave it? At that you're already undoing all this great work that. You, did yeah four, Hour interview, well okay you got to focus on a football game for. Four hours you can focus on an interview for. Four hours and you've been down this. Road before you're not. TWENTY five i get, to, say look, great memories. Great Opportunity now i'm GOING, to LSU where I think i can win a. National championship it's, more money it's a. Better opportunity thought long, and hard but this IS where i want. To be, So, yes mart.
Speaker 8: We were Talking about lebron in the. Decision earlier will this be as Contentious? As lebron going Back. To Cleveland When lane kiffin goes Back To. Ole miss Is that? SEPTEMBER nineteenth, I, believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yes fully that game is, scalding.
Speaker 10: Hot scalding i'm looking at the tickets.
Speaker 3: Scalding yep what's the get in, Price there paul at the moment that's probably shot up over The, Last, yeah.
Speaker 2: Todd you Got A Limerick's National. LIMERICK day i do Off.
Speaker 11: The Lakers and lebron now That the purple and golder gun was. Last Night the king's song swan not quite time? To retire does he still have? The fire who knows what's Next?
Speaker 2: For lebron, All Right National limerick? Day serviceable, Thank.
Speaker 7: You todd.
Speaker 2: Yeah Uh this dane, Sports.
Speaker 10: History, PAUL first i can get you in for five hundred and fifteen bucks for a ticket Lsu At, Ole miss. September nineteenth this dance. Sports HISTORY the usfl was formed in. Eighty Two larry Bird won coach Of the year in nineteen. NINETY eight.
Speaker 2: U nineteen fifty five this picture became The First african american in base ball history to throw a. NO hitter i did not know.
Speaker 6: This name he had a.
Speaker 2: Great nickname his Name Was. Sam jones they called him toothpick so, uh yeah? No hitter was?
Speaker 7: He skinny did he have stuff in?
Speaker 2: His teeth after eleven seasons With, The Jets joe namath signs With. The rams that's this day in. Sports, History, YES dylany i feel.
Speaker 6: Like as, sports journalist we got to go to THE lsu o.
Speaker 4: Miss game dan.
Speaker 6: Just throwing it, out there GET.
Speaker 2: An, rb yeah how old Trip bowt we go around, the room see if we, Learned anything todd.
Speaker 11: In a close game when you need someone to come through in, The Clutch reggie milla has one hundred Confidence In.
Speaker 6: Jalen Bruns Dylan lil wayne wants to go bar for Bar With. Fritzy marvin dylan wants to go To Ole.
Speaker 2: Miss, paul yes he see?
Speaker 7: His?
Speaker 2: Back todd WHAT did i? Learn?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 7: Nick?
Speaker 11: RIGHT Thanks jj redick did an awesome job. This Season Thinks steve kurz likely returning because he owes it To.
Speaker 2: Step trouble sleeping Introducing, z kliner the revolutionary recliner Designed By, flex Steel z kliner engineered with RESTful sleep, in mind making it an ideal. Bet alternative healthy life starts with a healthy. Night sleep visit zkliner dot Com slash danpatrick today TO Find z kleiner at a store. Near you thanks for the, phone, calls, emails tweets the all. Around support we'll talk to you tomorrow