Speaker 1: Back to back classics today. Thank you for being here. It's the Brook and Jeffrey Podcast. And listen, I hope you were decorating your house.
Speaker 2: For Christmas this Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the holidays, whatever you celebrate.
Speaker 2: If it's not already decorated, yeah.
Speaker 3: Come on late to the game. Oh that was my plan. I got Christmas tree last weekend. We put stuff up in November.
Speaker 4: You're maybe the last person I know who does.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know that this was going to turn into that it was, and actually it was.
Speaker 5: This was going to start before you mentioned it because Tommy commented, Brooke, how are you?
Speaker 3: I love the show. Have you decorated for Christmas?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, listen, I'm not as good as you guys. Apparently she did not. I am, though, I am. It'll be done by Monday.
Speaker 2: We had our Christmas tree up on Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you ever took it down. All right, here we go. You're back to back classics start right now.
Speaker 2: I feel like now most couples meet through dating apps. Oh yeah, social media, or by calling the phone number somebody carved into the bathroom mirror and the truck stop Highway seven.
Speaker 4: Relationship, job, well.
Speaker 2: Relationship and ask how I know that? I just do Yeah, that's the next question. But one of our listeners says she recently met a guy the old fashioned way by saving his life. Why that's how people used to do it back in the thirteen hundreds, and it's finally coming back. Okay, how did she do it? And afterwards, why won't he hang out with her? You're gonna find out what happened in a second date update, next.
Speaker 7: Second date update.
Speaker 2: You know a whise producer once told me, out of crisis comes opportunity Okay, and then that producer got fired from the show. That Yeah, now, see, he had the opportunity at that point to go off and enjoy a wonderful, stress free life without it, without us at all, an opportunity, but he didn't take that opportunity because we we hired him back onto the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was a battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a bad choice on his part.
Speaker 3: He actually made the dumbest decision of us all.
Speaker 2: He should have taken his own advice, but we need him. Well, I don't know. He's an idiot, that guy. But one of our listeners did have an opportunity come out of crisis, and she actually seized the moment, okay, made it into something good. Her name is Kelly, and she's asked us for help today. Kelly, how you doing?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: Hi guy, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I shouldn't say I can't wait to hear about your crisis.
Speaker 3: But usually crisis means something bad happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 9: I met this guy who happens to be in my apartment building.
Speaker 3: Hid in the closet.
Speaker 9: No, no, like, nothing weird like that.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 9: I was just at home, but somedly smelled smoke, and it was weird because you know, like you think, is there a fire? But there was no alarm going off?
Speaker 3: And then you're like, am I having a stroke? Is that just somebody else's next?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's just a rumor, but that's what people over fifty ten to think.
Speaker 8: So I've never heard of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, so I smelled the smoke and just decided to follow it because I knew. I'm like, okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not run towards the fire. That's what they teach you the fireplaces.
Speaker 1: To figure out if something's actually on fire that it's really scary.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I did notice that one of my neighbors the door was closed, but there was smoke coming out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, I have to god, that's so scary, like fire smoke or was somebody like hot box in their apartment?
Speaker 5: Because different it was smoke.
Speaker 1: It was the same floor snoop dog, that would be It's interesting where every buddy's minds on this show goes, because I.
Speaker 4: Would have approached like yo, share you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was scary, but I was.
Speaker 9: Scared because it was clearly coming out from under this door.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what you do?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I just started banging like crazy on the door to see if anyone was inside. This guy opens the door.
Speaker 3: Oh someone was in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: He was wearing an apron. And what I asked him is everything okay? And he's completely apologized and explained that he was attempting to cook a turkey for the first time in his life.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Once you said apron, I was like, oh, this is just bad.
Speaker 9: Well I felt sad for him because I'm a good cook. Actually, so I'm like, do you need help?
Speaker 11: And I went inside.
Speaker 4: Oh so nice.
Speaker 3: I still rescued him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well he was. He was very cute, so.
Speaker 4: You and like a cooking angel.
Speaker 2: And what's his name? Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay? And had you met Brad Pryor to this?
Speaker 9: I mean I had seen parts of him, you know, up and down the elevator, but I hadn't like formally ever introduced.
Speaker 1: So he's just so desperate for anybody to help him cook whatever he's trying to cook that he's like, yeah, sure, come in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he welcomed it. He was freaking out because he had invited his boss and a couple of coworkers over for dinner that night. That wouldn't have gone wow, So I ended up.
Speaker 11: I was there for like two hours and oh wow, I.
Speaker 9: Have some prep a really good mail. I couldn't salvage the turkey.
Speaker 12: But definitely some flirting going on, yes, And I definitely last before his boss got there, Like I wasn't gonna just cross boundaries or whatever.
Speaker 9: And he he was just so thankful and yet saying I owe you. And he said he wanted to take me out for dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: And you didn't see any like hints in his apartment of other women or anything like.
Speaker 3: He seems single beyond single.
Speaker 2: Anytime you have a guy who has smoke billowing out from underneath their door, it's a good sign that they're probably single.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's good reasoning.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like he asked you out and has that happened or.
Speaker 9: Well, no, because I haven't heard from him. I texted him a couple of days later. I wanted to give him a face and I asked how dinner went, but he has not responded. I just I feel like he's witting me. But now I'm like kind of freaking out because I'm wondering if the meal went really.
Speaker 3: Badly think about that.
Speaker 2: But maybe you're not as good of a cook as you think you are.
Speaker 3: The boy came over and got food poisoning, or he's like.
Speaker 4: Burnt turkey's my favorite meal.
Speaker 3: Why would you throw that away? Dude? That's wild.
Speaker 1: Have you seen him on your floor or in the elevator or anything since he lives there.
Speaker 9: It's back to the way I would see him before, just like glimpses like the back of his hair.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe it's not a bad thing. Maybe the cooking was so good that his boss fell in love with him. And now they're in a relationship.
Speaker 9: Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pulling for you here, Kelly. So we're gonna play a song. We'll come back. We'll call Brad and try and get you your second date update right after this. All right, thank you, hold on.
Speaker 7: Second date update.
Speaker 2: Today's second date update sounds kind of like the start of a Hallmark movie. You know, the hunky single bachelor has the big boss coming over for dinner, but he can't cook a turkey. Oh, the time is running out. When who swoops in to save the day. His cute female neighbor from down the hall, who also happens to be single.
Speaker 3: Jem I thought it was cute. No, it sounds cliche.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's super cliche. She offers to help and not only teaches him lessons in the kitchen, but also lessons in love. Come in this holiday season, it's the Christmas wishbone. Oh and Kelly. When this eventually makes its way to Hollywood, which actor is going to play your date? Brad?
Speaker 9: Oh? I would say zach Efron.
Speaker 3: Oh, zach Efron. Zach Efron's doing your type of movies these days?
Speaker 8: Well, zac Efron from like back, you know, underage zach Efron, Okay, yeah, have a teenager player.
Speaker 11: Yeah, musical, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Romantic? You know we made it weird, all right? Well Carl Brad who is of age, right, I.
Speaker 9: Would say he's like in his late twenties.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you know, hopefully it's not since you guys do live on the same floor.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean, honestly, you have.
Speaker 1: We have to be careful with this because it is going to end up really awkward.
Speaker 2: I hope it does actually for the sake of the entertainment.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: But he's right. For your sake, Kelly, I hope that there's a totally logical explanation we're going to find out right now.
Speaker 5: Thank you guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's call Brad and see what he has to say. Here we go. Okay, Hey, is this Brad?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 2: He is honkey sounding.
Speaker 3: I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: Brad. Hey, you're on the radio right now with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 13: Wait the radio?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have fun. What's a word? We do a segment on our show called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners named Kelly get back in touch with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, technically, you guys didn't really go out on a date. It was more like an emergency.
Speaker 13: But oh okay, yeah Kelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard you had some cooking problems and Kelly stepped in to help you out save the day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's that's true.
Speaker 3: Did you like Kelly?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean sure. Here's the thing, I don't know if I could hang out with Kelly really outside of a crisis situation.
Speaker 3: To be honest, are you in a relationship or something?
Speaker 4: You never heard that? We can only yeah.
Speaker 3: No, but like she thought that you were single.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Well, Kelly's a little bit confused after you guys hung out and she helped you cook, because she says we've been kind of avoiding her texts and not talking to her when you guys see each other in the apartment. Is that accurate?
Speaker 13: I mean, look, it was nice that she helped me. You know, my boss really liked the dinner, and.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was one of the things that we were talking about. She was worried maybe the meal didn't turn out good.
Speaker 13: Nothing like that. Now, I don't know really how to explain.
Speaker 3: Are you just maybe not attracted to her.
Speaker 6: No, No, she's a cute girl.
Speaker 13: But it was like, like you know, when we were cooking, it was like cooking with Gordon Ramsey. I had a high speed situation. You know, I was freaking out. I'd burnt my dinner. My boss was coming.
Speaker 5: Over and Rad, are you but hurt?
Speaker 1: Curiously Wait, he was just explaining, we don't even know what Ramsey.
Speaker 11: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Immediately, yes, we're supposed to tell you. Kelly's on the other line listening, and are.
Speaker 13: You kidding me?
Speaker 2: We didn't even get to an explanation of what happened.
Speaker 1: I thought he was saying, Gordon Ramsey like, you're a really good cut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a top notch.
Speaker 13: No, more like cooking with Gordon Ramsey when he's screaming at you. It was the most stressful situation. And then that was insult to injury. I mean, let me tell you, like I I think one point she asked me for a chef's knife. I give her a knife and she goes, no, that's a butcher's knife.
Speaker 7: You tell me, I fled.
Speaker 3: Yell the people that are bad.
Speaker 1: So she try to be playful and it came off wrong.
Speaker 9: Kelly, I think I was being very playful and very flirtatious. It just you know, there was a.
Speaker 11: Shock level for me that I needed to digest.
Speaker 9: I mean, he didn't even know what a bullion tube was.
Speaker 13: Okay, I've never heard of that in my life. Let's be honest, Like, I'm not like a kitchen guy, Like I'm not watching the Food Network all the time. You know, expected to know what a bullion cube is and I don't. It's not like something really to make fun of me about. I guess I wasn't making fun.
Speaker 11: I was just in shock. Like my jaw was like literally on the floor.
Speaker 9: I mean, you didn't even have an immersion blender.
Speaker 2: I don't think a lot of.
Speaker 1: Single guys have immersion I tell you that immersion blender will change your kitchen experience.
Speaker 5: I don't even have silverware.
Speaker 2: Tell you, I think you're expecting a lot of him. Yeah, thank you, glad.
Speaker 9: I was just in shock, and I flirtatiously informed him of my shock.
Speaker 2: But I didn't you they were flirty threats.
Speaker 13: I don't know the way they came out.
Speaker 5: Something to say to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kelly, what do you have to say to him?
Speaker 11: You obviously have no.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry if I was expecting.
Speaker 2: A sweet moment.
Speaker 13: All right, So you see what I'm saying here.
Speaker 2: Kelly, Kelly, it's a little harsh.
Speaker 9: Somebody would say to my face, Hey, you know what, you're being a little harsh with me, Brad. You never informed me of that.
Speaker 11: You were very facious with me, and I saved the day you needed me.
Speaker 13: Okay, I mean I get all that, but you called me a stupid whoa.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've heard Brookes says that to her husband all the time in a flirtatious way.
Speaker 11: I said it in a very flirtatious way.
Speaker 2: It was Oh, she winked when she said.
Speaker 5: Okay, it scarier.
Speaker 3: I mean, Kelly, can you hear that? Maybe you're not the most approachable.
Speaker 11: When can you hear your stupid, annoying voice? As to that question, do you hear yourselves? And I am not winking, There is no winking.
Speaker 2: I gotta say I'm on Kelly's side with this one. That was a really stupid question.
Speaker 4: Broke can't hear herself? She's wearing headphones. I know, why are you so scary?
Speaker 5: Do what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 13: The time was crowning down. She totally transformed and just went after me.
Speaker 11: You know, Brad, go yourself. This is my house, all right, called not you. You don't have to speak, Frankly, you don't have the progative to speak.
Speaker 7: You What is going on?
Speaker 2: The sparks in the romance are flying?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Is this the flirty that she was talking about?
Speaker 2: Is I'm scared to tell her that we only have a minute left before we have to go to a song.
Speaker 3: So do you ask Brad this boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, stupid mother, would you like to go out with this lady one more time?
Speaker 13: I think I'm better off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, try again, wrong answer.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you'd have a charming evening.
Speaker 2: Maybe it would help if you guys weren't cooking together, if you're doing something else.
Speaker 13: I just only imagine a car ride over to the restaurant. I mean, if I was driving, that would should be interesting.
Speaker 2: I said, take a left here, you idiots, that's a compact space. This is a large vehicle.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess it's not in the stars for you too.
Speaker 3: I think I would have thrown myself out of the car.
Speaker 11: We would drive separately.
Speaker 3: Good joy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know, I've learned from Brook that if a man ever gets yelled at by a woman, then quote, he probably deserves that.
Speaker 7: Is it's a general right.
Speaker 1: But people start to believe this stuff about me Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm going to be honest here. I don't think that was the case this time, and might even agree with me on that case.
Speaker 3: Most of the time, it just depends on the circumstance.
Speaker 2: Opinions really changed depending on the jeff So, she really did go. She went from zero to one hundred as soon as we barely even heard him talk.
Speaker 1: I just never understand how you can be that self aware, like you don't realize you're doing it, I guess, and then when somebody calls you out, then you go even harder into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Self awareness is an interesting thing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Book, Yeah it is, Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: I think he's trying to make fun of me, but I'm not falling for it. Okay, not this time.
Speaker 2: I think we all can learn a lot from the second date update, And the most important lesson you can learn is that we can try and help you out if you ever need help in your dating.
Speaker 1: Life or just will take the abuse for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can do that by emailing the show, because we'll call the person who isn't calling you back.
Speaker 10: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: This is crazy to say, Brook, Jose and I have all worked together for well over a decade.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think my twelve years is coming up, and you guys work even longer.
Speaker 3: I'm in twenty three, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a long time. We've attended weddings together, on parties, on cross country trips. But one very strange fact that is true is none of us, not one has ever actually been to Brooks house before.
Speaker 3: Seriously, never never want to allow I'm.
Speaker 4: Only in public.
Speaker 2: I always wondered, why what is she hiding in there that she doesn't want us to see?
Speaker 4: She thinks we're just gonna stop by or something on announced.
Speaker 2: Are the walls inside made of gold bricks? We're gonna see how much money she's or more likely, does she have twenty orphans in her basement who sew all of her clothes for.
Speaker 7: Her to wear?
Speaker 3: It's a rental service, I use.
Speaker 2: A good looking We may never know the truth, but one of our listeners says she was pretty shocked when her date told her about the strange thing in his home, and he even had to bring out pictures to prove he wasn't joking. It weirded all of us out, even Brook. And you're gonna hear what it was in your second date.
Speaker 7: Update, next second date updated.
Speaker 2: I know. Brooke has said multiple times, almost suspiciously, that she's not on any dating apps.
Speaker 4: Brings it up.
Speaker 2: Hey, what are you doing over there?
Speaker 4: Wiking on range of men online? That's for sure.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: We're all gonna believe her on this. But let's say Brooke on the app.
Speaker 3: Okay, what would.
Speaker 2: Her profiles say?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, probably give me your name, phone number, and how many cheetos you can fit in your mouth? Pause ultimately after phone number, so nobody would understand the cheeto joke.
Speaker 3: And are those puffs or the classics?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, not sure what that means, but.
Speaker 4: I come from a clown family. Ask me more.
Speaker 3: It's a magician, Okay, don't ask help.
Speaker 2: The bottom line, it would probably be a total disaster. But what about the normal people out there? What's on their dating Let's find out and talk to Elena, who emailed the show for help. Welcome to the chaos.
Speaker 5: Hey Elena, Hey, everyone, how.
Speaker 3: Are you Elena was swipe bright on.
Speaker 4: Me, right, totally, Yes, nice Elena.
Speaker 2: The ladies or the guys.
Speaker 5: Well, right now we're talking about Trey, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And what does Trey have on his dating profile that's stuck out to you?
Speaker 5: You know what? A couple of things. I mean one physically beautiful eyes, gorgeous smile, I mean just typical like dropped it.
Speaker 3: And then an average of ten cheetos right.
Speaker 2: Delay obsession. Yeah, okay, so he's a beautiful man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what did stick out was he loved adventures. He like wants to fill his time with his hobbies of adventures.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? That's so vague, Like is he specific on that?
Speaker 5: Well, he liked biking. I mean just that's some like outdoorsy stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, adventures makes it sound like he likes to get out and travel and see new things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rock clife, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a really nice thing to say in your profile, even if it isn't true. Yeah, so did you did you meet up with him?
Speaker 5: We did? We got two drinks and right when he walked in he looked so much smaller in person like his pictures. Yeah, I made him look just a little bit.
Speaker 2: You're talking are you talking size?
Speaker 5: Like everything everything is small?
Speaker 10: Yeah? And all that.
Speaker 2: From your voice, it sounds like you were disappointed in how he looked physically. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Usually smaller the guy isn't exciting.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, girl, about the size of how you use it?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I want he.
Speaker 3: Said, everything that's muscles, that's everything smaller.
Speaker 5: It's it's just a different Well okay, so I did bring it up. I was like, you know what, I'm kind of surprised, like in your photos you look just a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Wow, what what did you say?
Speaker 5: What doesn't mean about it? Guys?
Speaker 3: I don't know. But also he's a Cafish. You should get called out.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's there's so much craziness online. But he was laughing about it. He says, actually, I'm on a health kick. And I was like, oh, really kind of health kick are you on? And he's like, it's a huge health kick. So I've definitely lost like thirty pounds in simply.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, and you're like, you didn't need to.
Speaker 3: I liked you when you were bulky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you could shrink from that stuff too, Like.
Speaker 5: Well, I couldn't see his height, but you know what I'm saying, like small, So anyway, you do not believe this. This man tells me he has a treadmill in every single room in his house.
Speaker 3: What room? Was that a joke?
Speaker 5: So I start laughing because I'm like, oh wow, crazy health kick Yeah, and he says, no, really, My buddy and I cleaned out a warehouse that had a bunch of treadmills, ellipticals, blah blah blah. So they sold a bunch of them, but there were just some leftovers, so I kept a lot of them.
Speaker 2: So he's got like a little mini twenty four hour fitness in his apartment.
Speaker 3: He's got an area in each room to throw all his clothes on.
Speaker 2: Drying rack.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this isn't a red Maybe nice to mix up the scenery.
Speaker 2: He keeps him motivated. If he keeps seeing the treadmill, he'll want to eventually get there.
Speaker 5: Was intimidating too.
Speaker 3: It was intimidating you at bit a little bit.
Speaker 5: Too, but you know, it's the conversation. We ended up laughing about it, and then it was like we're having drinks, but we started having those fun like, hey, let's go on another date, let's see each other again, let's yeah, and it turns out super fun, and out of the blue, he says to me, Hey, what would you do if I show up at your house tomorrow and say, hey, let's go to the Virgin Islands and we leave in three hours?
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I was like, heck, yeah, oh you said, yes, you're like a child, you're ready to go.
Speaker 2: Was that a joke or was he serious?
Speaker 5: You know, I think he just threw it out hypothetically, the drips, But I am an adventurous lady.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: So he sounds like I mean, also like he's just a big dreamer, right, like he's always got some big grand plan and and you love that idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was fun to like daydream.
Speaker 2: Like that and yeah, So how did that night end?
Speaker 3: Not in the Cayman Islands, but.
Speaker 5: Not in the payment unfortunately? Well we said by with a with a hug, which was kind.
Speaker 3: Of no kiss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no kiss.
Speaker 3: You know, a guy like that would go in for a kiss if he was really wanting to.
Speaker 5: Take you too.
Speaker 2: And it was a hug that wasn't as big of a hug as she was expecting. My arms just kept going and he wasn't there to pick you up the next day like he threw.
Speaker 5: He definitely didn't come by.
Speaker 11: He didn't come by.
Speaker 5: It's been like a week.
Speaker 3: It's been a week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't know what I did. I keep thinking, was I too much like a friend? Almost?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: No, sometimes those big dreamer people can also be big flaky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean. Like it's like a lot of talk and not a lot of followings off hiking him mountain somewhere that could be.
Speaker 2: But your email to us said that you've been texting with Trey a few times.
Speaker 5: Well, I've been texting. He just hadn't on.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's just waiting for you to show up at his house.
Speaker 14: What if he's going in the Cayman Islands and was like, oh, I forgot to pick her up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the Jamaican version of Home Alone. But we're gonna hopefully bring it to a happy conclusion. When we come back. We'll call Tray for you and try and get you your second date update, get you over to one of those islands right after this.
Speaker 7: Okay, awesome second date update.
Speaker 2: One man one woman and twenty treadmills, all running at the exact same day. It's a four hundred meters sprint to love, at least how it's going for our listener, Elena.
Speaker 3: And that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Guy she was recently out with named Trey. Because they went and grabbed some drinks, she learned that he really does have treadmills in every single room of his house. Nuts that was the weird part of the night. Afterwards, it got a lot better from there, and they were laughing together. They were planning future dates, and he even threw out a theoretical of maybe taking her to an exotic island, showing up at her house and just whisking her away, and it got her really excited. But it's been a week since that date happened and there has been no second date and no trips abroad.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like you felt like you recovered from the very beginning. But maybe he just really was insulted when you told him he was smaller than in his pictures. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and maybe because after you padded him on the head afterthing.
Speaker 5: You think that's possible, Elena, Possible, I don't know. It was a pretty fun conversation after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know I reactions.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get over a guy telling me I looked bigger than in my pictures.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know that I lot so that's true.
Speaker 2: Let's see, we're gonna call him right now. Hopefully he's not in the middle of one of his treadmill workouts, but.
Speaker 3: That'd be amazing.
Speaker 4: Imagine it's like a hamster.
Speaker 7: I'm in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Let's try and call. Here we go. Hello, I think I think you're good. Hey, is this Trey. Yeah, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: How many people are on the phone?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 11: What did you say?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Answer your first question? Four people are in this room. And this is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning that you're on right now.
Speaker 3: Hey, why, yeah, great question, good question.
Speaker 2: You're sharp. We like that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is a segment called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners get a hold of you and maybe even see if we can hook you up for another date because you went out with her already one time. Named Elena.
Speaker 4: Oh oh you remember right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I know who Elene is. Okay, okay, did she have you call me?
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's how the segment works. We kind of get a vibe of how the first date went, and then we reach out on her behalf to try and figure out how we can get YouTube back together.
Speaker 3: There's a reason she's confused.
Speaker 1: It sounds like on your date, you guys were talking a lot about like going out again and how fun that'd be.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, we had a good time. She seems like she's fun and that's great.
Speaker 2: She said a lot of the same stuff about you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there is I don't know. There is a moment though. It was kind of a deal breaker for me, so I don't think that's going to be working out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Well that's all right. I mean, you're allowed to have your opinions on stuff. But it would help if maybe we could know about the moment and pass that along to Elena, just to help her out right.
Speaker 3: It make her feel better to have some closure in sights.
Speaker 2: Would you mind sharing?
Speaker 6: Okay? Y weird? Okay, I guess I should explain that I have this thing that I do when I go out on date with someone for the first time. It's kind of like a lightness test.
Speaker 2: OK. We've heard a few of these before.
Speaker 1: We do a lot of these dating segments, and there's a lot of people that have different types of tests when they go out, and they usually don't end very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the book's still she loves them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Marriage now, I mean.
Speaker 6: I usually ask something to the effect of like if I show up at your door tomorrow and say a plane's leaving in three hours and we're going to the islands, you want to come?
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, that's.
Speaker 4: The test actually, fun.
Speaker 2: Well, she mentioned that to us and she said that she was right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she told us it was a fun hypothetical question that you asked on the date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she tells you how she responded like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm down to travel or something like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, that's the that's the wrong answer to that question. That's like the worst answer you can give me.
Speaker 3: Wait, let's go.
Speaker 14: Is the wrong answer if you're inviting someone to do something and they agree.
Speaker 3: I thought you were like adventure boys, what's the right answer.
Speaker 6: The right answer is let me check and see if I can, or or you know, let me look at my schedule, or you know, I'll have to tell to my friends or anything, really, anything else that indicates that you've got a life of your own that you're living.
Speaker 4: Oh, you drop everything for a stranger.
Speaker 1: I could kind of see, but it was a hypothetical question, like you weren't actually doing it, Like honestly, if you actually showed up at her door, she probably would have to make some pre arrangements.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and maybe, but she got very excited saying, you know, I'm going to pack my bags and be ready to go. She had no indication that she has any responsibilities, that she has a career way.
Speaker 3: Hold on, there's no responsibility. Yeah, spontaneous.
Speaker 2: Well it's too late to surprise him with it now, because Trey, you probably here your voice at this point. That's Elena who's been waiting to talk.
Speaker 5: Gray. You're so funny, because you know it's so funny about my responsibilities? Is I probably make three times what you make?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I mean not the point. I guess that's a flex like, good on you. But why do you bring that up?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think that.
Speaker 2: Hold on, we need we need one of you at a time. Trey, what do you have to say to Elena that she makes three times as much as you?
Speaker 6: I say that's really unlikely. I don't believe that's true. And even if it were true, it has nothing to do with anything right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, he he sells treadmills on the side. Guys, if you ever need, He's very things.
Speaker 2: All right, let's settle this, he wants. We'll settle this once and for all. Let's all go around the room and say how much money we make you.
Speaker 3: We I mean, Trey.
Speaker 1: That should be great news for you, because then Elena can pay for the Cayman Islands vacation and take.
Speaker 3: You with her.
Speaker 6: Let's hop in the PJ and fly down there. I'm sure she's got one.
Speaker 3: It all seems so silly. You guys are fighting about a hypothetical question.
Speaker 2: Is it just a hypothetical question? Or Trey, do you really do this and actually take women to islands? If if they give you the right answer and say, let me check my schedule.
Speaker 3: First, you sound very eager, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: I want to know a very very busy man. I've got a lot of hobbies and responsibilities.
Speaker 6: If she answers, you know, she gives a good answer to the question, we get a second date and maybe it goes from there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it is in the cards.
Speaker 6: It's like the card Absolutely, yeah, I've done it before, but it's not something that's going to happen the first night we meet.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're like the troll under the bridge with the riddles. If you answer then you can pass.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing you saying like, no, not for me, Like why are you so closed off to it?
Speaker 5: Are you really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I would never now that I know he tests and that there's all these like hypothetical and it's just no, I'm over it.
Speaker 2: There's not all these hypotheticals in all these hoops. It's just one question.
Speaker 14: But now I kind of se her point because it's like he can be like, hey, do you want to dessert? And she's like no, and he's like, oh, well you just failed another test.
Speaker 7: It's a lot another tests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one's entire life on how they answer that question.
Speaker 6: You know what, it's my prerogative cast questions. Don't want to ask on my first date. But the fact that she brought up money right away to try to wane out me is a huge red flag. It's a really low class move. It tells me I made the restaurant.
Speaker 5: You're the one that said I didn't have responsibilities. I just wanted to let you know that my house is fully paid off and I have plenty of them to go around. So that's the thing is you didn't even ask, but you're going to bring up that I don't have responsibility to make yourself look good. Babe, I don't think that at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you guys are just climbing kind of fighting right now, but I really think they're a good math.
Speaker 4: Hypothetically.
Speaker 6: Hypothetically, if that we might have donaged. You didn't get me on the radio to put me on the spot.
Speaker 4: It's our fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's her test is my fault.
Speaker 5: That's the thing. This is the type of guy he is. I see that. I'm the winner.
Speaker 3: Yes, yea.
Speaker 2: Even though this is going horribly, I'm gonna ask anyway to send you guys out on a second date that we would pay for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we make so much money locally.
Speaker 2: Though we can't go. We can't cross country borders. Keep it within the area code on the Canan isons.
Speaker 4: Maybe like a Caribbean restaurant.
Speaker 5: Anybody that's a big heart for me. That's a note for me.
Speaker 6: We had a lot of fun on that first day. But it's a note for me.
Speaker 4: Well mutual.
Speaker 2: Now I'd like to offer to send Trey and me to a private island, Helena, will you pay for it?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 5: Definitely not.
Speaker 4: The money already paid.
Speaker 10: Off freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: And it's too bad we couldn't get a yes from those two because I think we all agree that they would have been good for each other. Yeah, just taken a second to think about it.
Speaker 3: In liquid way.
Speaker 1: If you would have just dropped that test, they would have been not a full state by now.
Speaker 4: That was the only thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she would have laughed it off and been like, oh, that was like one dumb test. Like, I can get over it. I don't want to blame one of them because they both kind of share the blame for not hearing each other out.
Speaker 3: The mighty brag shocked me. Yeah, good for you, but yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 2: Interesting, It's hard.
Speaker 3: Not the first time she's used that argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my house paid off. Okay, ready to go. But I know hypotheticals are a touchy subject. The thing is we never got to ask the real hypothetical. Would Brook take a DNA test to prove her children are really her husbands. It's a hypothetical, but she keeps screaming no, and the fact that she says that it speaks oh now you would, of course airs for the past four.
Speaker 3: Years, dude. That first maybe I had exactly like my husband.
Speaker 2: The second, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 7: Remember the name of it that first.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're happy to do these sements. And how about with your dating life email the show. We'll call that person wasn't calling you back. Check out all of our second Day podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey