Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo Charlamagne the god piece to the plane in this Thursday. Yes it's Thursday, and happy four twenty Today is twenty.
Speaker 1: Ah man dropping the clues bombs of four twenty. Sleute everybody out there who don't care that it's four twenty, because it's four twenty every day.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 1: They wake and bake every day, that is true. But you got something you don't smoke though, No, I don't sm like flower. I like edible.
Speaker 2: What you got, you know, this is my pre rolls.
Speaker 1: Give me some flower anyway, I give it to you. Good gifts, a good.
Speaker 2: Fourth pre rolls, just you know, like we call them dog walkers because they short enough that when you walk the dog, you can smoke and get your little smoke on.
Speaker 1: It, like dog walking on when you was beating somebody ass a dog walked that home.
Speaker 2: We call them dog walkers because they they short sized and you can smoke him, and you know, by the time you get back to the crib, you done.
Speaker 1: Short size, but you can smoke him.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: She call them charlamagne. What with charlamagne? Your mouth?
Speaker 2: What short size? So shout to the staff. I gave all the staff some happy four twenty uh good gifts. Thank you, sir for the staff and everything like you, sir.
Speaker 1: Turbo blue rolls slurred. I can't smoke, man. You know why I can't smoke because the way my anxiety is set up, that anxiety creeps in too fast when I smoke. I've never had a good experience smoking. But really with edibles, yes, because edibles is a nice body high. Yeah, and you know how much you're taking. You know what I'm saying, and it creeps up on you over the hour. That's what I like that we hit you too fast when you smoke it. I can't smoke it. I like edibles. But thank you. All right, we'll go for twenty gifts.
Speaker 2: If you in Detroit, you can hit up Mary Jane. That's how most of the dispensers in Detroit has my my actual strains. So shout to them. And if you're in Vegas, heart Dean, my wife is mad at me right now. Or you know, we've been talking about colonoscopies and I took a colonoscopy earlier this year and they found two pilyps.
Speaker 1: YEP, I got one in December. I had no pilyps, no redness, no cancer, no nothing.
Speaker 2: It could have. I didn't have any cancer redness, but one of the polyps could be pre cancerous. So I have to go back and five years just to make sure.
Speaker 1: Which yours is short? I think your might be three three years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going back in three five.
Speaker 1: You go back in three.
Speaker 2: But long story short, when they found that, I'm making everybody I know go get coldonoskar as you should. I'm like, I can't talk if you don't, because I just want to make sure my friends are feeling man around. So I made my wife go. Now, my wife is not the age to go, but I just made her go anyway. So today is her procedure. So you know last night she had yesterday she had to take those tails. Oh my goodness, ooops, sit it. She wasn't shoop. She wasn't ready for that loose boots. She wasn't ready for that. She doesn't curse me out, you know, she wasn't ready for it.
Speaker 1: It's funny when you try to explain people the prep of colonos because they don't understand what we're saying when we say diarrhea, like they're just thinking about, Okay, I've had diarrhea, but nah, this is different. This is literally every ten to fifteen seconds. Maybe maybe maybe if you're good, every ten to fifteen seconds, every time you sit down, you're gonna get back.
Speaker 2: She is so mad at me right now. Yes, man, she is so mad at me. And I guess you know. She she did the suit tab. With the suit tab is where you have to take the pills. Some people take a look that to take the pills.
Speaker 1: So so the.
Speaker 2: Pills didn't agree with her stomach, so she she kind of she was like almost vomiting and then she pooping. Oh my, she's mad at me right now.
Speaker 1: But the beauty is boil. When you wake up this morning, that stomach gonna be on flat flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's gonna be on flat.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be on flat flat this morning when you wake up. Yes, any work you've been doing in the gym on your abs, you're gonna see it this morning. You're gonna see it to day after you do prep for a coldon we believe that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she's she's a little tight with me this morning. She's very techable.
Speaker 1: Why they let her go early because y'all got a history of it in your family.
Speaker 2: No, that's why.
Speaker 1: That's why I was able to go earlier, because I won't be forty five till this year.
Speaker 2: I'll be paid for it, just paid for it, because you know, it was one of those things I'm nervous after see in Chad with Bosman and all these brothers are dying from more different things. I'm checking everything when people, I love to check everything because I want them as around as long as possible.
Speaker 1: I'm with you now. Today is for twenty Yes, did they put the song in? Then? I want it? Oh good man, what's on? You want to because today is our good brother Killer Mike's born day man and dropping the clue Mi, I damn sure want to start with Killing Mike because today is Killing Mike's actual B day.
Speaker 2: I want to start with styles P.
Speaker 1: I get high.
Speaker 2: But we can do Killer Mike. We can we can do styles PI.
Speaker 1: Killer Mike put out a new record for his B day Man called Don't Let the Devil with lp uh. You know the whole run the Jewels movement because Killer Mike has album coming out called Michael, But happy born Day to Killer Mike. We don't celebrate our people enough when they are here Killing Michael, killing treasure to our community. It's a pleasure to call him a friend and brother. And he's one of my top five favorite seeds of all time. And this song is hard.
Speaker 2: Before you play it, I want to salute to Killer Mike. I just want to tell you all a quick story. We got ten seconds. Uh there was somebody getting people in Atlanta, uh where they would act like they were investing people's money and really wasn't doing it. And Killer Mike went down to that individual and got so many people at money back. Nobody ever talked about it. And Killer Mike he's a good brother, a hero, and he continues to do things like that. So Killer Mike, I love you.
Speaker 1: Michael Renda is a real life superhero.
Speaker 2: And let's get this joint on right now now. If you bet right now, you have to google it later.
Speaker 1: Called Don't let the Devil feature in LP. Let's go hit when the clues bombs for that. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Morning from Patriots is next. All right morning, everybody, It's the dj n V, Charlemagne, the God, we Are the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club, Killer Mike Happy born Day, Killer Mike dropping the clues bombs for killing Mike.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That's Killer Mike in LP. Don't let the devil man. Let me tell you something. Michael Rinder Killer Mike has a new album coming out called Michael. I'm not gonna put too much sauce on it because you'all gonna say I'm biased because that's my partner in one of my top five favorite them seas of all time. But man crazy when he drops, you'll see.
Speaker 2: Alright, Mayon, I'm sure killing Michael stopped the man and drops that album.
Speaker 1: Mayan.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get in some front page news. Hey Testling, figure out goom Onland, figure out the hood was Farrock.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Charlemagne, the God, DJ MV, Breakfast Club and the ET.
Speaker 2: Now, I just want to start off with some quick sports. Last night, the Bucks beat the Heat one thirty eight twenty two, the Nuggets beat the Timberwalls one twenty two, one thirteen, and the Grizzlies beat the Lakers one O three ninety three. Of course, Brooks and Lebron kind of with chirping at each other all game and after the game. This is what Brooks said about Lebron.
Speaker 4: Changed their people out there that say maybe maybe you shouldn't do that with one of the better players in the game.
Speaker 5: I guess, what's what were you thinking of?
Speaker 6: I don't care he's old, you know. I mean that's I was waiting for that. I was respecting him to do that Game four, game five. He wanted to say something when I got my four to five should saying that earlier on I PopEd bears. I don't respect no one until they come and give me forty.
Speaker 1: Wait, why they gotta call him man? Oh now, Broun, I need you to drop forty next game.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing.
Speaker 1: You gotta show up for us old his next game.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. Now, God damn Now, Dylan Brooks last night scored twelve points one rebound. Now that old man dropped twenty eight on you in twelve rebounds. How you call him?
Speaker 1: You got to drop forty? I didn't. I never thought I would get to the point where Lebron would be up here with us. OG's all right, but I guess he is at this point. Right, He's considered old in the league. You've been there twenty years, Bron, you got to drop forty? Next game? And how the Lakers lose to the gridlies without I'm rent and did Yanna's play last night?
Speaker 2: I fell asleep at nolaylast I'm old man.
Speaker 1: And then in the heat the Bucks beat the Heat.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lebron, don't let that Canadian told.
Speaker 1: You like that game? Brun And I ain't no Laker fan, but I want to see you drop forty, Brun.
Speaker 2: All right, what else you got task?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a really really good game. I just want to say my special happy birthday all say. Also the Killer Mike, I'm glad you guys did that special shout out. So I will be going to Atlanta for the sold out Black Effect podcast festivals.
Speaker 7: So don't be surprised if I'm reporting live.
Speaker 1: From the I'm being there with you the Blue.
Speaker 3: That's right, and his wife, my sister Shay shout out to him.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 3: So Biden issues an executive order to make child and home care cheaper. So I wanted to give some good news with President Biden signing and executive order Tuesday to advance affordable caregiving and support workers Now. The order includes cabinet level agencies taking steps to fix the nation's childcare and long term care system, such as lowering co payments for services, and other provisions that will seek ways for Medicare and Medicaid dollars to go further. Now, take a listen to what President Biden had to say about the executive order.
Speaker 4: The executive Order I'm about to sign is the most comprehensive set of actions any administration is taken to date to increase access to high quality childcare and long care, current care and support for the caregivers.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Under this order, almost every federal agency will collectively take over fifty actions to provide more peace of mind for families and dignity for care workers and who deserve jobs with good pay and good benefits. The executive Order doesn't require any new spending. It's about making sure taxpayers will get the best value for the investments they've already made.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, so good thing this was you guys may remember when they were pushing the infrastructure bill early on in the administration. This was pushed to the side and so it wasn't able. They couldn't get support early on, so now they bumped it back up as they should as Democrats prepare to run in twenty twenty four. So I'm excited about this and thought folks should know people spend a lot of money on childcare every year, about seventeen thousand dollars, so this should be pretty help.
Speaker 1: And hope hopefully that trickled down to the people who needed. And when I see the people who needed, the black people in the hood.
Speaker 7: That's right, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we'll see in a little bit, Testling Figure. I know who's a short one. We were talking news. We're doing a couple of minutes, all right, all right, please all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. If you need to vent phone lines or wide open, it's four twenty, so get your ass up, light up, and it's for twenty. It's the Breakfast Club going to be eTOD morning. Everybody is DJ Envy call I mean the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: We got Testling Figure on the line. Good morning, test the Hood Whisperer.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, good morning, family.
Speaker 2: Just go through some quick sports to Grizzlies beat the Lakers last night one O three ninety three, the Bucks beat the Heat one thirty eight, one twenty two, and the Nuggets beat the Timberwolves one twenty two, one thirteen.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that the Heat beat I mean, the Bucks beat the Heat with Alliannis, and I can't believe the Lakers didn't seize the moment and beat the Grizzlies without John Morant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lost by ten. They were down by like twenty or something at one point, twenty one. At one point they came back. But yeah, it was it was a very physical game. It was an early game too, forty five last night. Your game started seven thirty. I think it was really really early.
Speaker 1: Was surprising.
Speaker 2: All right, Now, what are we starting with? We start with this the guy that, uh, the inmate that passed away because of bed bugs.
Speaker 3: Yes, wow, break yourself for this one. It just even reporting this makes me queasy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: The family of thirty five year old Georgia.
Speaker 3: Man Lashawn Johnson, who died in a bed bug infested jail cell last year, is now demanding a criminal investigation until his death, as well as closure and replacement of the jail now. The family attorney, Michael Harper, said that Thompson was found unresponsive in his filthy sale on September nineteenth, twenty twenty two, after being eaten alive by insects. He went on to say that the jail sale mister Thompson was housed and was not fit even for a diseased animal. When Thompson was arrested three months earlier, he was put into a psychiatric unit of the jail because officials had determined that he had mental health issues. His attorneys said that officers and medical staff at the jail noticed Thompson was deteriorating, but they did nothing, and when they found his body unresponsive, they did not administer CPR because.
Speaker 7: In her words, she freaked out. The correction officer actually said she freaked out.
Speaker 3: According to Fulton County Medical examiners report, Thompson's body was covered in bed bugs with no obvious signs of trauma, and they did determine his death as undetermined now. In the meantime, the Sheriff's office said that they have taken it mediate action, which includes spending five hundred thousand to address the infestation of bed bugs and new protocols for security rounds, and adding additional staff to help on over crowding, and so today they're also doing a press conference to demand a federal investigation.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused. How do you determine somebody's death undetermined? Right? That's number one? And number two, this man had to be screaming for help, right, Like, you're not gonna get eaten alive by anything and not be yelling and screaming as you know, at the top of your lung, screaming for your life. So they just ignored the brother.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a slow process.
Speaker 3: You know, it wasn't like all you know, at one time, but having the infestation, you know, slowly eating away, slowly deteriorating. They said he deteriorated over time, but he just never got the medical help and basically just let him, you know, stay there in field until eventually it took over his body. And so that's what the federal investigation will do. We'll actually go back in and you know, I assume have the medical examiner make a determination, and once they do that, they can continue with that lawsuit and see if there's any criminal charges that they can file as well.
Speaker 1: That's how I mean, jails aren't supposed to be the rich Carlton but you know, jails shouldn't be a death stinist. If you're not saying this to death, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Bugs and now, but you know most jail, a lot of jails are whether it's roaches, whether it's infested with mice, whether it's bedbug, which is disgusting, god, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least make them livable human condition. Like I said, it ain't supposed to be no five star hotel, but at least make them livable conditions for a human damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, what else we got? What else? Were talking about? Facebook? Yes?
Speaker 3: Facebook, In case anyone wants to see if they can get the bag from Facebook.
Speaker 7: Facebook users who had an active.
Speaker 3: Account any point between May two thousand and seven and December twenty twenty two can now apply to receive a piece of the parent companies met US seven hundred and twenty five million dollar settlement related to the Cambridge and a political scandal now Meta in December agreed to settle a long standing class action lawsuit which accused Cambridge who worked with the Trump campaign to access private user information of more than eighty seven million Facebook users as an attempt to influence the presidential election.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The claim form, which will only require a few personal details and information about your Facebook account, can be filled out online or printed or submitted by mail now. The forum only takes a few minutes to complete and must be submitted by August twenty fifth to be included in the settlement. You can complete the claim at www dot Facebook user Privacy settlement dot com. So if you want to see if you have some money coming to you. I thought this was an important story, submit that claim and see what happens.
Speaker 2: All right. And lastly, you got to talk about this Toronto Bluejay's picture and his wife. You got to talk about this flame. I just thought this was disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so many of you may have seen it on Twitter.
Speaker 7: I wanted to see what the family so.
Speaker 3: Toronto blue Jay's pitcher, Anthony Bass, has sparked heated debate on social media after claiming that a United Airlines employee made his pregnant wife clean up a food mess left by his children on the flight. Now, Bass wrote on Twitter, the flight attendant at United just made my twenty two week pregnant wife traveling with a five year old and a two year old, get on her hands and knees to pick up popcorn mess by my youngest daughter. But not everyone. Dj MV agreed with the outrage, and they took the social media to say that he is responsible for his own mess. One user commented, be a decent human and if you're going to give your kid popcorn on the plane, be prepared to pick it up. Another person said, pregnant women can ben that may not want to, but the solution to that is not to give your child popcorn on the plane, and another user who identified themselves as a former flight attendant, said that a flight attendant is there for safety, not to pick up after your children. So do you think you should pick up after your own damn kids?
Speaker 1: I mean what I can see both sides. Yes, I think that you should pick up after your own damn kid. But I do think you have to take into consideration. The young lady was pregnant, so if it was difficult, and have you ever seen you know, I traveled with my family, so when I when my wife is pregnant, you know, and we got you know, two other kids at one point three other kids. I see how it is, how difficult it is for her to do certain things. So I'm there to pick up the popcorns. If I was the flight attendant and I saw a pregnant woman with some other kids, I probably would help, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's twenty two years she's twenty two weeks pregnant, she has a two year old and a five year old. The popcorn I'm sure fell out. Yes, I get it, And I'll be honest with you. I've been on some of them planes and I've been seeing messes on some of them planes, crumbs and all types of stuff. And not to say that the flight attendant had to pick it up, but there is a cleaning crew before and after that. That's their job. They're supposed to clean up the plane, and they could clean up the plane. That child was two years old and five years old, and it's not.
Speaker 1: Like difficult, and it's not like she was encouraging the kid to s pill popcorn.
Speaker 2: I should say to the popcorn, I'm the kid dropped it by at exactly we on a flight, and you want me to bend down on my knees pick it up. No, I'm not picking it up now.
Speaker 3: And I thought that was my point of view, Like when were you supposed to pick it up because you can't get out your seat. You know, there's only certain times you can get out with your seatbelt. So did they want them to do it before they got off the plane or like, where was the time that she was really going to have for anybody pregnant or not to get on their knees and pick it up. I just think about, like if you got to catch another flight, you got to get off the plane, you know, where was the time I guess that she wanted her to pick it up.
Speaker 1: So many these flight attendants be nasty for no damn, I've been seeing that, experiencing that. I understand that you might be having a bad day, but you know, you don't have to project, you know, that bad day onto the passengers of the airplane because we all just trying to get to where we're going. That's it.
Speaker 2: And I'll be honest, if I was on that flight and see that pregnant woman on her hands and knees picking up the popcorn, I would have helped them because I know what it is to have kids and have young kids and trying to handle everything together. You know, I got six of them, so I would have helped on that.
Speaker 1: I would have counted the colonels first. If there's only like two colonels left, I was like, oh, she got it. She already that she got it. You know what I'm saying. I would account of the current, that's all, would acount the current help. I would have looked and be like, oh, it's only two lefts, she got it. You know what I mean? To help them, I'm like that sometimes when you sit in your seat and I'm gonna tell you something else. You know, you be sitting down and you be offering to help women with their bags. I got to the point where I stopped doing that because women don't be wanting help.
Speaker 7: Some women want to, Yes, we do.
Speaker 3: I'm every time somebody don't help me, I'll look and say, I mean, are you gonna help?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's how I am. Some of these women be like I got it, I got it. I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, But most of the time they do need help, and I have no problem helping them.
Speaker 1: I have no problem helping them either. You know, I've just been scoring because some women just be like, I don't need your help.
Speaker 2: They probably feel like you and you probably can't reach the upper end of the of the placee. So that's why they probably feel that.
Speaker 1: That's what they can be right about that.
Speaker 2: See, well, thank you Tas, We appreciate you.
Speaker 7: No problem.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see it tomorrow and make sure you subscribe to Testling Figureoes podcast, Great Shot, No Chase on the Black Effect iHeart radio podcast that work and check Tas out this Saturday on the Women in Pot casting panel at the sold out Black Effect Podcast Festival in at al Shady.
Speaker 2: All right, now, now when we come back, we have author and therapists Resma Mennekim joining us and we're gonna kick it with him when we come back, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Sloan BT call out a name or you gossip chatting.
Speaker 5: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 9: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 1: Right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now in more Jonathan Major's news. Now, his attorney filed evidence on Wednesday that appears to show Jonathan's accuser uninjured and partying in a club after their alleged altercation. Now, af you go to a ball Alert, Hollywood Unlocked or Shade Room, you can see pictures of this alleged woman in a bar or club. After you call it an alleged woman, why don't I just want to say allege because to make sure I don't want to be like that wasn't me and the photo that wasn't.
Speaker 1: Alleged victim the woman the woman, yes, alleged will mentioned.
Speaker 2: Uh in a bar or club partying after the incident happened, so they basically say she really didn't have any injuries. Now, Also, they're saying sources close to the case are saying that more victims of Mages have come forward following his March arrest and a cooperating with Manhattan District Attorney's office. Yikes, So I don't know what's happening, but they're saying more people are coming up, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of this is very unfortunate, but the reality is you are innocent until proven guilty. Sorry, Internet, I know y'all think otherwise, but there's still a thing called due process in this country. And that's whow when I see Hollywood and all these people separating themselves from Jonathan, I'm just reminded that innocent until proven guilty and due process is only applied to certain people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, it's it's crazy because when you see something like that, it seems like it's a media attack on him like this, it seems like a planned attack on him, the way that everybody's coordinated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's definitely a coordinated media I'm not gonna say attack, but it definitely is a coordinated media blitz blitz. Yes, yeah, all these press releases coming out at the same time, and you know, you see the management in the PR team on one accord with one press release, like yeah, and they're using one outlet I think the outlet they usually users variety. Yeah, so absolutely, but once again, innocent until proven guilty. That's supposed to be. That's what it's supposed to be in this country. Supposed to be doesn't always apply to certain people, and the people that usually applies to aren't black. Yeah, I'll tell you that much. But we'll see.
Speaker 2: Now, Javonte Davis and Ryan Garcia are fighting this weekend. If it's wait a second, now, yesterday they were on live ig live. They were on Kai I think his name is Kay Sanats Live and they were talking about wagering their perse. So if you don't know what wagering their purses. They're going to make a certain amount on this fight. Now they're talking about betting, not real persons.
Speaker 1: I know that we live in this era where you know, you might think that two men are absolutely betting their actual persons right right, you know, But then I do carry versus in twenty twenty three, men.
Speaker 2: Do carry persons. But they're actually talking about betting whatever they would make on that fight.
Speaker 1: You want to bet, yeah, let's do it, dude, the whole person. That's a bit.
Speaker 10: Yes, let's bet you hear.
Speaker 1: Me on the lot.
Speaker 10: Let's bet so everything for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's make a contract, let's sign up both of us. Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Okay, And if you don't really want it, we can't.
Speaker 1: The young boys thought the goddamn are you sure? I don't speak twice for myself.
Speaker 5: You know, your boy, anything you're gonna you're gonna win.
Speaker 1: I am a one. Them young boys thought, they goddamn I yeah, they matter of fact, I'm not evenna bring God into it. Them young boy thought they devil damn. I okay, let me tell you something. You don't train all those weeks, okay, you don't train all those months that go in there and bet your person. I don't care how sure you are, because guess what, if you lose, you definitely deserve the money, and if you win, you definitely deserve your money. Got it out? Anybody ever really done that? Because I hear people say that if you beat me, I bet you my whole person. You know, I bet you my whole person, I'll beat you. Does anybody ever really give up their whole person when that.
Speaker 2: Happens, I hope not. There's no manager, there is no attorney, there's no agent, There's none, none of them that would advise you to do that.
Speaker 1: None, not at all, none, none, none, whatsoever. That's good, listen, man, that's that's ass betting all day long. Because I promise you, if I lose, I don't care what I said on Live, you ain't getting this, this hard earned money that I got and I got my ass kicked.
Speaker 2: For no way, Because we all know any given Sunday, any lucky punch can swing and I don't matter. You could be the nicest, you can knock me out and you take everything.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to watch the fight though. Yeah, I can't wait to watch the fight too. Now. Also, Young Miami confirms that her and Diddy have split.
Speaker 1: Girl, Tell me more. I'm a fan. Tell me more, girl, hold on, you get to get it together. Tell me more, girl, get it together. Tell me She.
Speaker 2: Says we are still friends. We are good friends, but she says we are single. That is not my man when she said that. Uh, this was in the Cut. The sources the cut she did a magazine for. She did an interview with a magazine called The Cuts.
Speaker 1: Was they have an official couple?
Speaker 2: I don't know they were. Remember she said they go together, but they single.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. She said they go together. She said we go together real bad. So they don't go together real bad.
Speaker 5: No more.
Speaker 2: Nah, they don't go together real bad anymore.
Speaker 1: You look disappointed about this.
Speaker 2: One liked them together. I did like them together. Tell me more about I did like them together. I just thought that they complimented each other. I thought, you know, she kept Ditty younger, and you know that's impossible.
Speaker 1: Don a lie that she did. See that's what you think that Beijing can do for y'all too. You think he keeps you all younger, But don't just look stupid.
Speaker 2: Did he had a different swag? He had a different bod? Yes, he did he did, absolutely did. Yes, he did look like the old man. He was still shaking a little bit. He was shaking a little better.
Speaker 7: Yes he did.
Speaker 1: Yes, he did look more tired to me. If young girls wearing them.
Speaker 2: Out, did he look did he look a little younger? Young Miami, I.
Speaker 1: Don't believe none of that. Well, we wish them the best. Is what y'all is? Now, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they is. But they're not together, and that is your rumor report. While you got the fail like that, and.
Speaker 1: You were telling that you was feeling that tea about the relationships, girl, I had to get into it.
Speaker 2: I got some more for you too, because there's a lot going on today. Give me give me where's my fan?
Speaker 1: We might not need an old woman in hell if you keep giving me this feminine energy fan.
Speaker 2: Who's my fan? I need a fan. I'm gonna go give me a fling in flame, Morolean. I don't want to show your fan. When we come back, we got front page news, Sessling figure will be joining us, and we're gonna open up the phone lines. It is four twenty so eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear your high stories. We want you to finish this sentence. One time I got so high that I what will take your calls out the front page news. So don't move. It's to breakfast Club, Good morning on.
Speaker 1: B E T morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is cej NV Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club's four twenty, So I be four twenty to everybody. I was happening now. Four twenty is a day where most people celebrate cannabis, marijuana and people get high. It's usually a time on people that don't usually smoke get a chance to smoke and try it out.
Speaker 1: But it's a damn shame that marijuana is not decriminalized on a federal level. It's a damn shame that marijuana is not legalized on a federal level. And I don't think there's no greater hypocrisy than these states that have a legalized marijuana for medicinal and recreational youth. But you still have people in prison for marijuana. That's right insane to me.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So we are asking today eight hundred five A five one five one shout to everybody out there, everybody, all the stone is out there, and shout to my I got my own strain of marijuana cannabis. It's called slur. You can get it out in Detroit House Mary Jane or any of the dispensaries out in Detroit and Detroit, Michigan should have slurred. If they don't definitely ask for it. But we're asking. One time I got so high that I what that is the question? Eight hundred five A five, one oh five to one. I'll tell you the story. When I was up, I think I was laughing for four or five hours. It took me about twelve hours to get home that day. My wife does not smoke or take edibles. She had a bad trip one time I gave her an edibull and man, she was all over the place. She was one minute she was crying, then she was happy, then she was mad at me, then she was happy. It was the craziest trip. My kids were there, they didn't know what was going on. It was the weirdest thing. So we're asking, what is the craziest thing. What's go with charlomage?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't like to smoke. I like to do edibles because when I smoke, it hitched me too fast, And you know, I have really bad anxiety and really bad panic attacks. So I like to do edicles indigo. But the last time I did smoke was during COVID, you know what I mean. And I smoked during COVID because I was bored, you know, and you couldn't tell me I wasn't gonna die. You could not tell me that this was not going to be the end. I really thought that I was going to overdose on marijuana because this new weed. I don't know what's in this new weed. So it was winter time and I had on some short pants a hoodie, and I figured, you know what, I need to go ground myself. So I went outside barefoot with just a hoodie and shorts on and the freezing winter in New Jersey, trying to ground myself. And then I went to my favorite tree and I put my back up against my favorite tree and had my head up against my favorite tree, and I just remember, I don't know how long I was out there. I just remember my wife saying, get drink in this house right now. She's literally came doing she said, get prenking in this house right now. And so I went back in the house and I lived. So now that's the last crazy thing I remember doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember one time taking it on a plane and I just remember I was sitting first class. I was by myself, and it was a big I'm sorry I got to use this word. It was a big fat family on the planet.
Speaker 1: Family the clumps. I was certain next to the clumps on the plane.
Speaker 2: It was they were all big, and it just felt like they would just keep getting bigger and keep getting getting bigger, and I couldn't breathe it. I was by myself and my manager wasn't with me, Junie. I just remember a like, why are you here? And they just kept getting bigger, and then they were taking all the oxygen on the plane.
Speaker 1: How could six the half.
Speaker 2: They had like five cs?
Speaker 1: God damn it would be and there's only two of them. I just remember that if you thought it was a family, but it was really one of hers, one of the big old beast person on the planet. Ify was so high he thought it was a whole family.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: That messed me up so crazy.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phone line that is horrible.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 6: This is Libby.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Libby, good morning. We're talking Today's four twenty before twenty mama happy.
Speaker 12: Before twenty is the best of the year.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna say all that now now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, oh yeah, definitely, I'm not going I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Now we're asking one time I got so high that I would.
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 14: Last year for twenty, me and my homegirl, we were faded.
Speaker 12: We had eight edibles.
Speaker 14: We were smoking going down the highway and I stopped at a green light.
Speaker 1: Why was you driving high?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 14: Was better to drink?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, my bad. It's better to smoke and fly than drink and drive.
Speaker 1: That's right. No, No, I mean I mean smoking flod like if you're in a plane and somebody flying.
Speaker 13: Man, when I'm high, I drive better, I know, like.
Speaker 1: Green lights. But you say you drive better exactly.
Speaker 14: You stopped too, messed up, putting me on a different level.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why you shouldn't have been driving, crazy, your crazy tail self.
Speaker 2: My goodness.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? Hey?
Speaker 12: This is ahm man sleep.
Speaker 2: And what's up? Brother? We're talking about one time I got so high that I want man?
Speaker 1: One time I got so high man. I was riding in the call my wife. She started asking me questions, saying that I was sounding different, like answering me question. I'm like, what do you mean I found different?
Speaker 13: She's like, yeah, every time you say how you sound different?
Speaker 15: Make a long story short. She got me so high I was convinced that I was somebody else.
Speaker 2: I can even tell who I want the man?
Speaker 12: Are you really?
Speaker 14: Am I really somebody else?
Speaker 13: I'm thinking paranoid, like mug, I'm riding in.
Speaker 14: The color like my alco ego just came out.
Speaker 1: Damn it. That's the beauty of weed.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 1: You should turn into somebody else, start freestyling, start rapping. That happened to me one time. I did. I think about it all the Columbia, South Carolina, and I got so high. I used to have a grade Silver hundred six, and I was high, and I was driving and I shouldn't have been, like twenty years ago, and I thought I was speeding. And I looked to the passenger seat, and I saw myself in the passenger seat, and myself looked at me and said slow down. So then I started driving slow. And then I realized I'm doing like thirty on the highway what I'm saying. And then I got paranoid cause I'm like, I'm driving so slow to police gonna stop me. So then I start speeding up. So I just started playing a game with myself the whole time while I'm speeding up, slowing down, speeding up, slowing down. But I made it home.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, eight hundred and five abby four twenty. We're asking one time I got so high that I what call us up right now? It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning, good morning. Everybody's dj n G charlomade gud. We are to Breakfast Club Avenue four twenty. That was a four twenty mini mix, by the way, So we're asking eight hundred five eighty five one five one. One time I got so high that I what We're going to the phone line today? Hello, who's this? Hey, Tatiana? Good morning, Good Mary. We're a One time I got so high that I.
Speaker 14: What I had drove to the chicken turn out right? I was racking head.
Speaker 2: Wait, we drove to a chicken joint and then you walked home? Yes, but you forgot you drove I did, Jesus Christ, that's high I got head.
Speaker 1: You must not have lived too far from the place. Lord have mercy. Well, God bless you. I'm glad. I'm glad. You made it out alive. That sounds crazy.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: This is trying?
Speaker 2: Hey, take us off, Carolina.
Speaker 1: Hey eight four three, what's happening? Take us off?
Speaker 2: Bluetooth of speaking? You got us on that, Mama.
Speaker 12: You can't hear me?
Speaker 2: Now we can. We're talking about one time I got so high that I what.
Speaker 12: So one time I got so high that my son came downstairs and asked for a bowl of leading and I made it, set it back upstairs, and I made it, and then I sat down, not realizing that I made the news for him, and I sat there and ate the whole thing with my cup of kool Aids. And then eventually he came.
Speaker 13: Downstairs, asking like, well, my what's I newle that? And I was looking them sounded like, oh, just give me a minute hour make it for.
Speaker 12: What I went.
Speaker 13: I made the last pack of noodle, so I just ended up giving him McDonald's.
Speaker 15: Anyway.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, So your son asked you to make noodles. You was so high that you made noodles for him, and then you ate his noodles and then you had to go get a McDonald's.
Speaker 14: I did.
Speaker 1: I did, first of all. First of all, First of all, I don't see nothing wrong with what you did. Because when you hide them children snacks be hitting. Okay, when you when you hide the things you make for your kids be hitting. Then you turned around. It was a great mom and got him McDonald's. And I know you got you a little something for yourself from Mickey D's too.
Speaker 2: I did what you got apple pie.
Speaker 1: I loved him High Meals, which McDonald.
Speaker 13: I did get an apple apple pie best, but I just got apple pie French fries.
Speaker 2: That's all that. That is the high meal. People, apple pie, some French fried.
Speaker 1: And people will go to McDonald's high and order a quarter pounded with chieze and an apple pie and put the apple pie on the quarter pounds. That's a sweety meal in it.
Speaker 2: I think that might be a sweety meal.
Speaker 1: Carol, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: How you feeling this morning?
Speaker 14: Tired?
Speaker 2: But I'm here happy for twenty So tell us to the one time I got so high that I.
Speaker 14: So one time I got so high that I came home and my dog was with me, and I was watching a TV show with another dog in the show, and the dog in the show was barking, and I felt like the dog was talking about me, and I thought my dog was sitting on the floor, not defended me to this dog.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 14: So I locked my dog up and put him in the cage and I went upstairs with the sleep. And the next day I felt so bad.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you, so you punished your dog for no reason.
Speaker 7: The dogs on the TV was talking about me.
Speaker 13: He definitely was talking about me.
Speaker 1: First of all, if that dog on the TV was balking that your your the dog in your house should have been balking too.
Speaker 7: Just in case, okay, oh my god, in case.
Speaker 5: I said, I'm with you dog that the night in the cave.
Speaker 1: See nothing wrong with what you did. You did a little. You just did a little overnight staying a little bit and.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: My name is hey, Jane's good morning? Where you call them from from?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You don't want to say, all right, well, what's the one time I got so high that I what?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 14: Well, what's up?
Speaker 15: Me and a friend of mine we took an edible at work. And I can say this now that I don't work with a job in AVIAG work a few years, but I was totally doing interviews for people's and whatnot. And I was at my desk. Then why don't people sitting in the front.
Speaker 1: Lobby so them people ain't get their food stands because your ass was hot, you fell asleep.
Speaker 15: Somebody's coming with me up. But I got the job done. But yeah, I was, I was in the clouds.
Speaker 1: What if I told you that we used to be high as hell up here at the breakfast club all the time, back in the time. I'm sure you believe it.
Speaker 2: Was a bad time.
Speaker 1: We used to be on them edibles and head trip and you hear me, definitely. I mean tripping, tripping, tripping, saying anything to make each other laugh and dying laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world for no reason. It was all funny games till I passed out in this goddamn studio one day, Not this studio, the old studio, till I passed out in this studio one day and had to be rushed at the hospital for dehydration. I bet y'all ain't know that. I thought y'all didn't know that. Maybe I told you I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you took like two days off I had to, and then you ain't want to play no more.
Speaker 1: I don' won't play no more. Was ling. We was in and out of the clubs late at night, getting high, doing edibles, right before we came on air, bringing the club with us in hit drinking, having a ball. But that's all AI. Any of that old stuff y'all heard from back then, that's AI.
Speaker 2: It ain't even that was a That wasn't really us.
Speaker 1: That was the other mean even though all right, Well, I also would like to say, please keep in mind that it is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous that there's so many people, so many states in this country that has legalized weed in some way, shape or form, whether it's from addictional or recreational, and there's still people locked up for marijuana in America. That is absolutely positively ridiculous. And I know Joe Biden did a mass pardon of everybody who's in jail for simple marijuana possession, but the reality is there is nobody in jail on a federal level for simple marijuana possession. So if Joe Biden wanted to, he could literally pardon every single person that is federally jailed for a non violent weed offense. He could pardon every single body if he wanted to, you know, and that's what he should do, because, like I said, it's ridiculous for people to still be in jail for marijuana in a country that is legalized marijuana recreationally and additionally in so many different states. All Right, they're so silly. Look at me right now. I'm sitting here with a pre road joint in my hand from Envy's pre road line. But there's people in this state locked up for marijuana.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: That don't make no damren no.
Speaker 2: Sense at though. All right, Well, happy for twenty Now, when we come back, we got your room of report. We got to tell you why they keep taking down Ice Spices of pictures and videos. It's kind of crazy. We'll tell you why when we come back. It's the breakfast club on morning.
Speaker 1: Or you've gossip beating. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 9: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea.
Speaker 5: Spells right on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now Ice Spices post the last couple of days have been getting removed Charlamagne. You know why. Nope, because she put a caption that said ao isis So I guess Instagram take took it down because they thought that she was talking about I guess iis what is she talking about herself? That's her name, that's her real name. Her full name is isis Nija Gaston. But I guess they thought ices was referring to the group that are terrorists.
Speaker 1: I think they did that to me before when I when I be calling no, I call those white domestic terrorists that likes storm the capitol and stuff, I call them vanilla. I I feel like they took one of my polls to get down. I don't know. I feel like they have taken a poll down. I guess it was for the same reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said it violates Instagram's community guidelines on violence or dangerous organizations. But that's her name.
Speaker 1: It is her name. But better safe than sorry because ao icis sound crazy. Eo isis like sound like you're calling the troops.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but that's her name.
Speaker 1: I get it. Yeah, but they don't know that.
Speaker 2: Now Serena Williams is shopping her memoir and they're saying that they could catch up to ten million dollars money. Now this is just months after retiring from professional tennis. The twenty three times Grand Slam singles champion. Serena Williams is shopping it around, so she's expected to get ten million or.
Speaker 1: More easy money, and she deserves it all. You have a book in print. I don't have no ten million dollars. I don't have no ten million dollar budget from no both you get it back though. I got good budgets, but not no ten million.
Speaker 2: No, no, not ten million.
Speaker 1: I mean, but it's not too many people can fetch ten million dollars anyway. Now, Serena Williams is you know, once in a generational talent, right, you know what I mean. It's one of the greatest athletes of all time period. You know, some say top five greatest athlete of all time. I don't see why you wouldn't put her in that category. So, yes, that sounds about rights of all time. Yeah, ten million dollars for a book that's not about right.
Speaker 2: Just side note, if you had to put three athletes greatest of all times, what three would you put up there?
Speaker 1: Greatest athletes of all time? Ooh, Michael Jordan, definitely Jordan. I would do Serena. I would Michael Jordan. I'm not mad at Serena. I have to think about that. I don't know who would be who I consider great, because you know, you'd have to put like track and field people in there. I would have to put bicyclists because you know, athletics to me mean you know, stamina and conditioning, like.
Speaker 2: I would do Floyd Box.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I put Floyd up there, I'll.
Speaker 2: Do Floyd, I would do Michael Jordan, and I would do Serena Williams.
Speaker 1: The three greatest athletes of all time, and I disagree with that list.
Speaker 2: I put Tom Brady in there.
Speaker 1: I definitely would put parody in there. But some people even talk about that they feel like Brady's not the most athletic person, which I think is ridiculous. But I don't know. I have to think about that one. That's a lot of sports because you have to put football players in their football soccer, that's football whatever. You know, what the hell I was trying to say, The athlete means something different, like it's not about who was the best in their field. It's like, I don't know what the hell athlete mean. I just know that I wouldn't put Floyd in that great athlete though I don't know if he's top three all the time. But great athlete.
Speaker 2: All right, now, George Santos. You know who George Santos is, right, the elected official, Yeah, the elected official. He is trying to do a bill called the Nicki Minaj Act or Minaj Act. Now, the Minaj Act comes after a Nicki Minaj was talking about the vaccine during the pandemic. Now she posted this. She said, my cousin in Trinidad won't get the vaccine because his friend got it and became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married. Now the girl called up the wedding. So just pray on it and make sure you're comfortable with your decision, not bullied.
Speaker 1: They ever find that swollen that man.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so, Santos said, the purpose of the Minaj Act is to us ablish a developmental period of new vaccines in order to generate public confidence.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I just told you he was creating an act called the Menajac, And he tells you what the Menajack is supposed to do. But it's based off of Nicki Minajs posts.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the Greatest Athletes's conversations greatest athletes of all times, Michael Jordan, Dion Sanders, Dion definitely, Sanders was all world in football and basketball. I gotta put Bo Jackson in there too, you know what I'm saying. Deon Sanders, Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 2: Some people will go Muhammad Ali. Some people will say author Ash for tennis. Some people would say Babe Ru from baseball. Some people say Tiger Woods golf. I don't consider golfers athletes, golfice athletes. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Christianna Ronaldo.
Speaker 2: Some people say Christiano Ronaldo. What's the other one that must up MESSI messy? Some people say, I mean for me definitely.
Speaker 1: When I think about it, Mike, I don't know why Deon Sanders and Bo Jackson of the two that stick got the most of me, just because they played two sports at high, high levels. Deon Sanders might be the greatest athlete of all time. Deon Sanders might be the greatest athlete of all time because I know a lot of times, yes, a lot of times, when we have these conversations, Michael Jordan is a great athlete, of course, but we think about the championships and everything else, even though Deon won championships two in football. But just we're talking athletic athletic ability. Deon Sanders might be the greatest athlete of all time. He played football in baseball at a supremely high level, sometimes at the same time. Yeah, Jack, I couldn't be making this up, But I feel like Deon used to play a football game in the day in a baseball game at night. Sometimes I feel like I remember this. Deon Sanders is the greatest athlete of all time.
Speaker 8: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Deon Sanders is the greatest athlete of all time. Oh, I can't even say all time. I've only been a live forty four years, so this is a in my lifetime. Deon Sanders is the greatest athlete I've ever seen. Yes, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Michael played basketball in baseball. He didn't play my basketball and baseball at the same time, and he didn't play professional baseball.
Speaker 2: He played for the White Sox.
Speaker 1: Man shut up play for the Barons.
Speaker 2: White Birmingham Baron. He played for the Chicago White Sox. Google it. I got the jersey. Google it, Google it and take that should look stupid.
Speaker 1: With that in your mouth like that, you sounds stupid. I'm not arguing with you about this. Michael Jordan did not played for the Chicago White Sox. He played for the Birmingham Barons. Okay, I knew this before I saw the last dance. The Barons jerseys looked like Chicago White Sox Jersey Cargo White. Bet you, but bet you? But bet you? But no, bet you butt cheeks.
Speaker 2: No, Michael Jordan. Jordan's decision. This is ed. Jordan did his time on the ground in a stint with the White Sox as a light hitting rookie in Double A ball, so he played for the White Sox just white.
Speaker 1: He played for the Birmingham Barons.
Speaker 2: He played Double A White Sox. He played for the White Sox. Oh you should have bet you, but it was the Double A Birmingham Barons.
Speaker 1: Man. Shut up, many, I'm not talking to y'all no more.
Speaker 2: He played one season with the Double A Bird. He played one hundred and twenty seven games. He just hit two O two You right, I'm I'm glad I ain't bet my butt, all right? And that is your rumor report now, Charlamann, who are giving that down?
Speaker 1: Talk you. You know, that's why therapy works so well, because i't even gotta argue. I knew I was right. You know what I'm saying. You almost have my blood pressure off for two seconds, but it ain't work. It's over here, minded my goddamn business. Okay, For after the hour, you know who Donkey of to Day is going to. The Donkey of the Day is going to an unidentified man who really pissed me off when I read this story because he was on the Southwest flight dough Orlando and he was bothering people that he don't need to be bothering. Okay, and we'll talk about it for after the hour.
Speaker 2: And Jordan did sign a contract with the White Sox. It was just the Double A team.
Speaker 1: I don't remember anything about that. I just remember the Mermanham Barons. You should have bet, you should have bet some butt. Then I'm good, Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm right, all right, Rumor report donk of to Day when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast clubgal.
Speaker 5: Boying, wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club, the breakfast club. Bitch.
Speaker 5: You don't here to day with Charlam Hayne a guy.
Speaker 16: I don't know why y'all keep it, letting him get y'all like.
Speaker 1: This don't here today for Thursday, April twenty or four twenty goes to an unnamed Orlando man. Okay, but if y'all know his name, please let me know because I can update this story later. Because this story pissed me off. Why because I got four daughters, okay, ages fourteen, seven, four, and about eighteen months. So even my children. Okay, so even though my children are pretty good on flights, all right, there's times well, of course they have cried on planes. I'm sure your kids have cried on a plane before and were absolutely Why because that's what babies do. They can't communicate, they don't know how to use their words because they don't know how to talk yet, so they cry. They'll let you know they want something. Was its food? Sleep? Hell, maybe on a plane their little ears are popping and they don't know what else to do because they don't know what they are experiencing. Okay, but I was reading the New York Post today and I saw the headline man on Orlando flight throws a fit over iron baby f that that's literally the headline. It's got the f that in there and everything. See, this man was on a Southwest Airlines flight, aka his first mistake. Oh that's where it was, right there. Southwest Airlines ain't nothing but a Greyhound bus in the sky. Matter of fact, I'm not even gonna do Greyhound like that. Okay. Southwest Airlines ain't nothing but a Peter Pan Bus Matar bus in the sky. Okay. And ghetto is as ghetto does. And if you ain't never been to the ghetto, don't ever come to the ghettocause you wouldn't understand the ghetto. So stay the f out of the ghetto. Now replace ghetto with Southwest and it's the same damn thing. Okay. And this video that went viral is proof of that, because this unidentified man on this Southwest flight the Orlando is upset that a baby is crying on the plane. Listen to this fool.
Speaker 2: Wasn't on this.
Speaker 5: Stop That's what.
Speaker 10: Can you show work that listens not no, no, no, let's be you want to be no, no, no, no, no no, I'm telling you we are. We are in a tim king with a baby and a goddamn echo chamber, and you want to talk to me about being.
Speaker 16: Kidd Okay, because you're yelling.
Speaker 7: So the baby did that?
Speaker 1: Mother? First of all, First of all, yelling baby, let's not even get to that part here. First of all, I know you ain't complaining about not being served nothing on the Southwest flight. I know you're not complaining about not being served nothing on the Southwest flight. Second of all, you can't be upset that the baby is throwing a fit and then throw a fit like a baby. Okay, the actual baby is just doing what actual babies. That baby had a reason to be crying and throwing a fit. The reason is because it's a baby. But what's your problem, sir? The flight attendant told you you are a man, and you are indeed a man, unless, of course, you identify as a baby, which could possibly be the case because it is twenty twenty three. But for you to be upset that a baby is crying on a plane, I'm really starting to wonder what's up with your empathy. Okay, yes, a baby is crying on a plane. That's normal. Okay, but mind your business. A baby just can't stop crying on demand, and a parent can't make a baby stop crying on demand. Okay, you got to figure out what's wrong with the baby, and then you handle it. That's the way it works. And then you got the nerve to say that that baby pay extra to cry, probably because it's Southwest, all right. But that is also why you really one hundred percent grade a sucker in my book, because you would not try any other baby like that, Okay, not little baby, not side a baby, especially not dub baby. The baby would smack fire out you and birdman baby, the number one's donner. You would put all respect on his names, So stop playing. Main reason I don't like this story, the main reason you get in the biggest he hall, is because it feels like it's a man picking on a woman flying by herself, because if that woman was with her husband, or it was a husband traveling along with one of his babies, which I've done, you wouldn't play with that man like that. And you damn show wouldn't play with that woman if she was with her man. This is how a convo would have went on Southwest, if she was with her baby father.
Speaker 10: In a ten king a baby and a goddamn echo chamber. And you want to talk to me about being y'all gonna die in the hood you lived your whole life broke.
Speaker 1: You ain't suck y'all.
Speaker 2: They gonna never make it out the hood.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: He's gonna die broke.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's right, Big soldier boy s M D energy, suck my d from the.
Speaker 5: Back like a path of fire.
Speaker 1: Who the baby?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have you crying uncontrollably. You'll be bad. Give me to burp you all right, do a whole rector temple your check on you tomorrow of the story is leave mothers and their babies alone. Okay, trust me. The only thing you should be doing when you see mothers attempting to mother in public is mind your business. Please give this unidentified man that was on this Southwest Airlines flight door Orlando really being a baby the biggest he hull that director temperature check got you excited?
Speaker 2: I mean, don't excite somebody with a good time you. No, No, he might like it, but anyway, he won't play game.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to play.
Speaker 2: He won't play. Why you don't play games?
Speaker 1: Because the credits is rolling on BT right now, The credits rolling on BT, the credits rolling right now.
Speaker 2: You don't play game.
Speaker 1: I don' won't play a game.
Speaker 2: What do you think is?
Speaker 1: What do I think he is?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: I saw the video, so I know what. He is. A nigga baby, you know what?
Speaker 5: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is Steve j Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. That's right and all thought. He has a new book out right now, Monsters in Love Resma Mennequin welcome.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 16: Hey man, it's good anytime I get a chance to spend some time, which all is always good for me.
Speaker 2: Man, No, thank you. I missed you last time I was traveling. But you're hear now. How are you doing? How are you feeling?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 16: I'm doing good, Brother, I'm doing really well. You know. The book's doing well. All of my books are doing really well. I am. My family's good, My wife's good, my kids are good. You know, I can't complain.
Speaker 1: Man, Redmond is not just an author to me. He's a teacher and a healer. Absolutely, you know, tell me talk to people about what Manster's in Love is about.
Speaker 16: So Monster's in Love, Man, Monsters So a lot of people don't know. But I started a lot of my work started as a therapist. So I've been doing therapy for thirty two years and primarily a lot of my work was in couples, working with couples, and a lot of the stuff that I saw out there brother that was that was especially as it relates to black people and bodies of culture. It was just basically giving people tips, you know, and a lot of times, man, when you in long term relationships, have been in a long term relationship is different than being in a dating relationship, right, And a lot of the tips are about how you rekindle things as opposed to how do you grow up? And so I wrote a book a number of years ago called Rock the Boat. Rock the Boat was really about, you know, some of the same stuff that Monsters is. But what happened was is that once Rocked the Boat came out and it didn't really sell that well. But what ended up happening was is that over the course of the last ten twelve years, I've grown as a person. I've grown as a therapist, I see things differently. I've grown as a husband, I've grown as a father, and I've grown as a black man who's trying to do liberatory work. And so when I got the rights back to my book. I was like, let me put the stuff in that I've learned over the last five years. And that's what monstersm are.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you say in the book, you say, no matter what you do or who your lover is, eventually your partnership begins to hurt.
Speaker 16: Yes, right, why is that?
Speaker 1: And how do we deal with that?
Speaker 16: So so you know, we've been conditioned to believe that all we gotta do is try and rekindle or try and you know, let's start having date night and let's start doing all that different type of stuff. And what you find is that those that that that purpose of relationships at the beginning is to draw you two together. That's the purpose. That's the only purpose. And you start and the way that you draw each other together is that you start you usually only tell each other about the similarities or you like underwrought or basket weaving, or you like this and you I like that too, right, But what happens after about a year or two years, what you start to find is that you start to show the differences. And that's when we start to think something's going wrong. Nothing's going wrong, it's just the machinery of relationships doing what it is, and it's designed to squeeze you, so you get pasture on adult developmental immature issues. Right. But it don't feel good, and it takes a long time before people are willing to actually say, you know, there's pieces there. How do I be the person that I want to be at the same time that I'm connected to somebody that I love more than anything else. It's easy to do it by yourself, right. It's a whole lot harder when you're in with somebody and over the course of time you start to notice, Hey, I love this person, but I also hate them. There's some hate between us.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really it's healthy.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 16: Let me say this. Y'all been married a while, right, two years, twenty two years. I've been married, been with my.
Speaker 1: Wife for twenty five, but we've been married four year.
Speaker 16: Yep, I've been I've been with my wife for thirty years. Right. One of the things that I learned through the course of that is that over time, so relationships end up at the beginning, or relationships at the beginning end up being this thing where you think that the design is for the person to make you happy, right, But the design of It is designed to make you grow up. So when you say to a person, I choose you, it's just me and you. There's nobody else. At that moment, the relationship becomes more finite. More of what I do impacts you, more of what you do to me impacts me. When you get to finite relationships, when a when a person doesn't want to do what you think they should do, you are tested. Right, that's where the hatred comes in at because what ends up happening is you want to find a way around it. Your partner wants to find a way around that pressure, that critical mass. And what happens is is that over time you either learn how to grow up through that or you blow it through your partner. Right. That makes you start to make choices about how you want to be and who you want to be with. That only happens in the long term relationship. That doesn't happen in the infant relationship when you just dat know, you out here screwing around and you're doing what The reason why people screw around is that they what they do is that they bring in the third person to handle the heat that two people should be handled.
Speaker 1: Explain that brick that down.
Speaker 16: That's not like, yeah, no, but that's what that's what he's saying, but that is that's exactly what I'm saying. So if something is happening between it, and that's why I wrote the book, I wrote the book. I wrote this book to address not just heterosexual relationships. But what I did was was look at all of the people that came into my office, both both trans relationships, gay relationships, heterosexual relationship and I said, you know what, there's this patterning regardless, right. If it's not where things go, is it is that when when you get into a relationship with another person and you say I choose you, that pressure increases, right because because it matters what they think about you, it matters what you think about them, right, So what ends up happening is is that when we start to look for ways around it to take the heat out, what you're really doing is taking the heat that can actually transform the relationship. So if I can't handle stuff that's happening between me and you, I bring a third person in. Now that heat is being carried by three people, but it should only be carried by two, right, right, And what we try and do is find a way around stuff as opposed to going through it.
Speaker 5: And you know that.
Speaker 16: I mean y'all been in relationships long enough, you know there are times where you were the easy way out. We're trying to get around. It looks good, but you find that when you do it that it undercuts your development. Right, it undercuts like like the pressure, the pressure. I'm not saying you always should have pressure, but I'm saying the pressure actually creates opportunities for you to say who do I want to be? And not only who do I want to be, but who do I want to be with you? Right?
Speaker 2: So when Layman's turns, you're basically saying, you know, in some relationships, let's say they're having problems sexually inship, and instead of keeping the heat in the relationship, a woman might step out with somebody else that solves that problem instead of dealing with it at home.
Speaker 16: I solves the problem, so takes the heat out of it, right, Because if I if so, so, a lot of times people steal each other's choices, right. So it's one thing if we're in a relationship and I come to you and I say, look, I want to deal with somebody else, Right, I'm giving you the choice to you you wanted to have a monogamous relationship, I'm giving you the choice to decide whether or not you want to continue to be in a monogamous relationship. I've made a decision. I no longer want to be in a monogamous relationship, right, So what I do what we do. A lot of times we don't give our partners that choice. We steal it from them. We say, you don't get a choice to be in a monogamous relationship anymore. You have to be in a choice. You have to be in in a poly relationship.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 16: And so the moment that I do that, I take the heat out, right, and if I stay with that person, that here's the here's the here's the catch. That heat always comes back because it's not the heat around getting people to do what I want to do. It's the heat, it's the call to grow up as a person being connected to another person, not being disconnected, but being connected to another person.
Speaker 2: You mentioned something earlier. I want to go back to when you. You said when you when you talk to couples, and a lot of times that the answer for couples is, well, let's have a date night. The date night will fix that, and you said, that's not the answer. So that's the first thing couples usually say, like, those are the tips. We have kids, we work too much spending time with each other, Let's do a date night. But just saying that might not be the answer.
Speaker 16: So so so so, so think about it like this. When we were first dating, we had infinite choices. There are things that we could do. At some point, I could make a decision I don't want to be I don't want to do this normal go date somebody down the street. Right, But when you make a commitment like this, have y'all noticed this? And we and we've heard this before. When we were first dating, everything was cool, and the moment we moved in together, the moment we started, the moment we said I do stuff change, sex change, the perceived respect change, like all of this stuff change. And what I tell people is that that is an important element in long term relationship. Isn't that It's absolutely normal. It is absolutely normal part of relationship. But we've been conditioned to believe that when that happens, something's going wrong.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 16: But when you when you say to another person, I choose you, you get right up against your own development. Because if you do something like it's like like this. This is why people can go out to a club and tell that tell a person in the club all their secrets, but the person that's laying on the pillow next to them, they won't say nothing about why because if I say that to you, if I say something to you something about either sex or something about the way I want to have a baby, and I know you don't want to have a baby. I want these particular things, and I say it to you and you tear your face up, right, then if I don't have a clear sense of myself in that moment, I'm eventually I'm gonna stop saying that to you because what you reflect back to me I can't tolerate.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: I wonder you know.
Speaker 16: That makes it?
Speaker 2: That? That makes it?
Speaker 1: I wonder when you talk about that, that that rough patch. How do you know the difference sometimes because like some people will get divorced and they'll say irreconcilable difference.
Speaker 16: That sounds that's right, so so so the way that you sometimes you could you only know the differences as you go through it. Right, This is what I say that that relationships are people growing machine. Right, I'm not the same dude I was when I met my wife. Right, Hopefully I'm I'm a little bit more and hopefully I can tolerate things a little bit differently. Hopefully because of the arguments, because of the fight, because of some of the some of the what I call the kind of critical mass that comes into the relationship, Hopefully I've been able to say that when we go through it, that there's a purpose to it, right, And it takes a minute to to find, Like when we're going through stuff when my wife, when when when something is important to my wife or important to my partner and we're grinding on each other like like like there are things in a relationship that you're not going to get through over just because you agree to disagree. You're gonna have to get through it because you're grinding on each other, Right, You're gonna have to get through it because you're because this is not a choice. This is not about making you know, quote unquote choices. This is really a while. This is about us growing up in a way that says, I actually now can handle what it is that you're bringing the table. Before when you brought it to the table, I would need you to change in order for me to be all right, I need for you to agree in order for me to be all right. Well, long term relationships, you don't get that. You don't get that bargain. People actually have to grow up and transform in order and be the person that they want to be to tolerate the conundrums that are happening right now. Right it's not about just behavior change. And that's one of the things when I would be working with couples. Couples come in thinking that your job is to protect or your job is to fix something that's working in a relationships, So to give you this frame and your job as a therapist. And what I realized over time is that my job as a therapist is not to just take their frame the as what the problem is that there is historical stuff that's happening. There's intergenerational stuff that's happen happening. There's persistent instant especially if we're in black skin, brown skin, indigenous skin, there's persistent institutional weather ring that happens to us and in our bodies. And then there's our own personal pieces that all show up at the same time. You're not gonna weather, You're not going to deal with that by just agreeing to disagree about something.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you a question. You know, you being a therapist and talking to couples and married couples, do you feel like couples give up too fast because of the things that you just said that you know, people don't want to grind. Yeah, let's agree to disagree.
Speaker 16: They need to try and find ways around at least the.
Speaker 2: Fire somewhere around.
Speaker 16: So do you feel that Here's what I would say, I would I So there are times when I've been in a in a session with a couple and I go, they may need to get away from each other right then that I don't recommend it. I don't say that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're.
Speaker 16: You need to go over there. No, no, no, I don't recommend it. But but but but as a therapist, I'm working with the energy that's in the room, right, I'm working with what's showing up in the room. I'm not I don't have these like this kind of table that's okay, this this, this isn't happen. You don't need to be together, you don't need together. What happens is is that people end up making that decision because they end up coming up against things that say, if I stay with this person and I allow them to keep eating my heart the way that they're eating my heart, I'm probably not going to be the person I want to be on the other side of this. Wow and so and so in those situations people stop being together and so so. To answer the question around whether or not they give up too soon, I'm not. I don't think that this is not about resma saying y'all need to stay together no matter what. This is about being being able to key into things that say, when we get to this place, am I willing or not willing to give up the most precious parts of me? And and and there. You know, there comes a time in a relationship when you're in there, when I'm in there with a couple, and I end up seeing a pattern play out, and the one person in the in the couple, because they're so busy fighting, does don't see that the other person just grew up in that second.
Speaker 1: You can grow up in a second. Oh yeah, okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 16: There are there are things. There are things that happen in a in a in a in an office where the I'll give you an example about about two years ago, I was working with this with this couple and they kept arguing about and the thing kept coming up around wanting to have a child, right. He wanted to have a child. She didn't, right, And she kept saying soon as my career we can have as soon as we get a house, we can soon as it. And he was like, okay, this is going this is five years now, and every time I bring it up, you keep acting like you don't and you're saying you want to have it, but you keep acting like you don't want to have it, and I keep coming to you trying to get you right now. In the typical, in a typical situation, the therapist would be saying, well, you know what do you want, and let's just try and figure this out, and let's write down or let's use ice statements and write they'll do that stuff. I didn't do that because I knew that the heat was important. This was this, This was an issue that they can't agree to disagree about. This was an issue that was you're gonna have to grow up through this.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be a deal breaker.
Speaker 16: This was gonna be a deal but but not a deal breaker in that a deal breaker, will you get away from each other? A deal breaker was in that this is important, correct do you understand what I mean? And so what ended up happening was there was a moment in time where she said, he said. He said, She said, well, you can't make me have a baby, and he did this thing and it was very subtle. He did this thing. She said, you can't make me have a baby. He said, you know you're right, And I'm going to stop making trying to make you have a baby. I'm going to stop trying to make you have a baby with me and stop trying to make you be with me. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to start doing the thing. I'm going to start acting in accordance with what I say I want. I'm the one that's responsible for the birth control in this relationship. I'm the one that always has to put the condoms on. I'm the one that always has to do these particular paces. I'm no longer responsible for that. So if we're going to start to have a child, I'm going to act in accordance. I want to have a child, I'm going to start acting like it. You don't want to have a child, you've been acting like you haven't wanted to have a child. You haven't. You haven't. You haven't come to me about having a child. You haven't worked it. You know, we haven't talked about how we get the fertile and all that. We haven't talked. So you're acting in accordance with what you want. I, on the other hand, have not been acting in accordance with this. This happened in a second. This is what you did. I haven't been acting in the chords. I'm acting in the course. She goes, what would would You're gonna make me have a baby. He goes, no, I'm gonna make me have a baby. You get to make whatever choice you need to make. I'm no longer responsible for the birth control. Now, that's one thing that sounds like an ultimatum. That is not an ultimatum. That's the ault. If it is a ultimatum, it's an ultimatum to him. Right. So, so long story short, they start going through it, right, they get it engaged in, you know, sex and all that different type of stuff, and he says, and she looks at him. She goes, you got the condom. He goes, I'm not putting a condom on, right, and she goes, get up, We're not we're not going to have sex. We're not gonna do these pieces right. And he says, okay, but I'm not gonna do this forever, right, and they keep nothing's going wrong When that's happening, you're.
Speaker 1: Making sure you're giving people a chance to make choice.
Speaker 16: That's right, that's right, and your and in the part and the process, she gets to say I really don't want to have a baby or I don't want to have a baby with you, and those hard arguments start to have start to write nothing's going wrong in that moment. People are growing up as adults in real time, and that that particular couple, what ended up happening is is that they've ground on that for like a year, going back and forth like that, looking for ways out, looking for you know, I don't bl blah blah, you can't make And then at one point he got to a place to where he said, look, I love you more than anything on this planet, and I want to have a baby. I understand you're you're saying you don't want to have a baby, and I can't make you have a baby. I want to have a baby. And I'm going to act like I want to have a baby, and I'm telling you that. And they got and they got through it. They ended up having a child, right, but through the grind, not because they found a way around the grind. Or you can't agree to disagree about the things that are central. Can't agree to disagree about children, can't agree to disagree about money. You can disagree to disagree about in laws. Right, you can't agree to disagree about those things. You're going to have to go through those things and grow up.
Speaker 2: We look, I ask a question, you know, and a lot of time in relationships, you know, you always hear a lot of older people right called them the ogs to say, sometimes losing an argument is winning a battle. Sometimes apologizing when you're when you're not wrong is winning the battle. Sometimes just pretty much saying that person is right, women or men is not necessarily losing the battle is not it's not losing the wars, just winning that battle whatever. Maybe what are your thoughts to that When people don't necessarily be certain one hundred percent honest, but they say certain things just to stop the argument or so that person win it all.
Speaker 16: This is the vibe piece can let me ask you, Let me ask you a question, Yes, sir, can you tell when you and your wife are dealing with something that's important and vibratorily, she just placates you. She just blow it. She's like she gives in. But the sweetness that you really want it has been taken away, of.
Speaker 2: Course, you know.
Speaker 16: So sometimes we say we want something from our partner, right, and they give in, and we say that felt nasty. They felt like you just did something to me, right, that's the sweetness that's been with hell.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 16: So those types of like tips like just give in and stuff like that your partner, if you're with your partner over three years, you're not just languaging with them in terms of what you say out of your mouth. You're picking up on vibes and vibrations. You're picking up on sensation and the body. You're picking up or you're picking up on a whole different embodied language. You're not just picking up on what they're saying. So when people give in, right just to get so one of the things that you to say in my in my relations this is in my uh when I work with couples, was this kind of dynamic. There would be a time where the person a person would give in. If you're talking about sex or something like that, the person would just give in, right he say, okay, you want sex all as much, Okay, I'm gonna give you sex, right and one. And what I call that dynamic is and I would say to the partner, I say, oh, I get what you're doing. You're getting on your back to keep your partner off your back. Your partner always knows that, whether they can articulate it, they always knows when you withheld those pieces from them, because what you really want is the sweetness from them, not just them giving in. But you can't articulate that so so so so so when it happens, you don't know what else to say. You just take it. And every time you take leftover sex or leftover things from a partner, you break your heart and your partner's heart. You know it when when?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 16: When? When? When?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 2: When? You?
Speaker 16: When you when you take something from your partner that you know they're not really giving themselves or giving themselves to the relationships, or giving them you know, the sweet parts of themselves, and you take it. Your partner goes. You don't even deserve the good stuff that I got because you're taking the crumbs right. There's nothing going wrong when that happens. So but but we think little tips like that, let's do this, let's do that, and everything will be right. But eventually the critical mass will build back up and you'll be deal. Have you noticed you have some of the same arguments some sameness to you too. Have you noticed you have some of the same arguments now with your partner that you did when you first started. Not the same exact ones, but the patterning it's the same, the.
Speaker 11: Things because you're not only are you learning each other, but it's because it's because those things are important, and the things that you could normally go oh, that's not you know, that's not that's not that important, or or baby, this, that and the other.
Speaker 16: Right, that's already done. The only thing that's left is the hard stuff now, the stuff that you can't play case. So that's why you keep going over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: I love I love everything you're saying, man. And you have a section called how therapy really works? Yes, And in the chapters of When Therapists cop out how how do therapists often fail? Couples?
Speaker 16: Tips?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what you're giving sounds like real tangible things that can apply.
Speaker 16: Chris, this stuff marriage. Marriage forces you to develop a thick skin, a fortified mindset, and a malleable heart.
Speaker 1: Do you understand what I mean?
Speaker 16: That malleable heart is the key piece. Some of us develop a thick skin in relationship. Some of us develop a fortified mindset and a hardened heart. Right, it's much harder to be in a relationship. Most of us that are in long term relationships are in long term relationships with at some point that hurt us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right.
Speaker 16: This isn't a relationship with somebody you just meet. This is a relationship with somebody that you had the opportunity to hurt them and you and they have hurt you in some way or another, right, and you still in the relationship. That's a whole different process of working through than dating.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 16: The way that therapists cop out is that here's the dirty little secret. Most therapists are not as conditioned to deal with the heat and the trauma in relationships. They've been trained and got their PhD, they've been trained and got the lcs W. They've been trained in those pieces, but not trained in conditioning around conditioning their body to be able to deal when all that heat shows up in the room. Think about it like this. If you've ever been if DJ, if me and you were boys, right, and I came to you one day and I said, hey, man, I'm thinking about running the marathon. And you'd be supportive, right, you both will be supported, And you say, hey, go man, bu But I know this dude, and you know I ran a marathon, right, you give me all the support. And then I looked at you in all seriousness, and you looked at me and you said, hey, man, when you're thinking about running a marathon? And I looked at you in all seriousness, and I said, tomorrow, I'm going to run this tomorrow. The first question you're going to say is, well, have you been running before? And I looked at you and I said, no, I haven't run it, but I did to hear podcast on it, I read a book on it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 16: You know I'm grea ready to be in some trouble. Right, I'm I'm my whole mind. You know that I'm not conditioned to deal with what I'm getting ready to put myself through. Marriage and race and sex is no different. Most of us are not conditioned to deal with long term relationships and sex right, and so that includes therapists. So when that stuff all comes into the room, when all that he comes into the room, we've been trained to teach people I stay, I was I say, rather than me saying you know you do when you do this, this is a can you use an ice stament? Say how you feel?
Speaker 1: Say I feel got you? You got you, got you.
Speaker 16: The moment you do that, couples know, oh, you can't handle the heat that we're bringing into the relationship, so they start taking care of you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 16: That's how And most therapists are trained in that way. They have not been conditioned to actually work with the heavy heat that shows up most of the time when people come into the come into our office, or come into the office. Y'all think about this most of the time when you go see a therapist, that stuff has been going on for four, five, six, seven, eight, nineteen years before that's all that heat coming into the room. Most therapists are not conditioned to deal with a lot of.
Speaker 1: People go to therapy, a lot of couples because they want to learn how to communicate better. But you say, you don't you against that.
Speaker 16: They want, They don't want to know how to communicate better. They figure they done tried to do this for ten years. They figure they'll pay you two hundred dollars an hour for you to figure out a way around.
Speaker 1: It too, figure out a way instead of going to through going through it to find a way around it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 16: So and so what ends up happening is is that And then most therapists are I think that their job is to figure is to help them or to fix them right, rather than helping them create a containers. So the stuff that happens, literally every everything that happens in a relationship has a function. Everything. There's not one thing that happens in a relationship that does not have a function. And most of the time therapists have not been conditioned to look at what's the function of this particular thing, whether it's whether it's good, bad, whatever, How does it function? And once I know how it functions, then I can work with it and see if the function can be changed, if it can be worked with, if it can be grown up some that's not where it's arts though.
Speaker 2: MM. We don't want to give them too much. I did. I did have one last question for myself, I wanted to know. You know, of course we're on BT, so a lot of couples watch on BT and listening on the radio a lot of things that when people call, they always say they have a problem in relationship for one or two reasons. One is financially, they feel like their their spouse is not working at potential and they feel like they have to be too much of a of a support system. And the other one I realized a lot of people feel like their spouse doesn't understand them. Right. You know, Let's say you're a woman and you're taking care of two kids and you're working, and then you come home when you're tired and your husband doesn't understand that. Or your husband and you're working and you're working two three jobs and when you get home, you're tied and you want that break and your wife doesn't understand that. How do you help people in that situation?
Speaker 16: So so so you know, that same pattern also happens in the gay relationships and U and the trans relationships that I've worked with in my office. So it's not just you know, male female right. This idea of communication is one of the things that I think really Jaxaside. Right, we think that communication is verbal like communication is, if I tell you what I need, that's good communication. In actuality, if I already know what my wife thinks about me, right, she's communicated, whether it's verbally, nonverbally, whether it's through vibes or whatever, she has communicated, I know exactly that I know my wife does not like a particular thing or does not like me. Right, change it, right, I could change it. If I could change it, I probably would have changed it. Right the easier things I would have changed my wife because I know that from my wife. That's good communication. She has communicated to me that she doesn't like me. The problem is I can't tolerate what she's communicating.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 16: That same thing is I say in relationships happens in the two scenarios that you well. We think that if I say to my partner I'm tired, then they should in some way respond by making me not tired, or at least helping me. When I say, I'm communicating that I'm tired, And what I tell people is is this what I say? The thing about about conditioning, most of us are not conditioned to pick up on when our partner is really getting to a place to where this is a to use your term, this is a deal breaker, right, like not deal breaker and that I'm going to leave, but a deal breaker in that I don't know what I'm going to do, but I know I ain't doing this no more right. That's not anything going wrong. That's an important element because what it does is helps people be very clear this right here, I've been doing this for ten years. I'm no longer doing this no more with you. I'm not leaving, but I ain't doing this right. And what happens is is that a lot of times when this stuff is showing up, people want to find ways around it. They want little tips, they want little things to try and figure it. The way around it. There is no way around that piece. You got to grow through that. You have to get to those places. That build up has to happen, and people have to be able to get to a place to where they go. You know what.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 16: You're important to me. I'm important to me too, though, and that is a lifelong thing. Right that happens. So the four things that get people into conundrums and in difficult situations for things, money, sex, kids, and in laws You can't agree to disagree about.
Speaker 2: Those things, money, sex, kids, laws, can't.
Speaker 16: Agree to disagree somebody. I don't like your mama, But for the last ten years she been coming and staying with me and giving her opinion about stuff, and I've been getting around and I've been scooting around, been scooting around it, and I've been trying to say something about it. Now I'm at a place now were ten years in. I'm at a place now where I have enough in me to where you're important to me. I'm important to me too. I can now say to you, I don't like your mama. I don't want her coming staying with us for five weeks, I don't like I don't like the way she deals with me right, and I'm willing to fight with you about that. Do you understand what to me, it's important that we fight about this.
Speaker 1: Glad you keep using the word fight.
Speaker 16: That's gonna be absolutely But it's an important fight. It's not a fight that about something's going wrong. It's a fight about You're important to me. This is important to me, and I'm important to me.
Speaker 1: At the same time, I got a few more questions because I know people will hit this and they'll be like, is Monsters in Love just for couples in conflict?
Speaker 16: No, okay, Monsters in Love. Monsters in Love is really about how how you develop and understaning of the architecture of how relationships actually function. That's that's that's the primary thing. Monsters in Love. All of my books are about you read. You read pieces. You know this, show man, you read parts of my book. You have to put it down, right, because the most important part of my book are the activities, the practices. It's not just it's not just reading. There are parts of my book. You you pick it up, you look at it. You got to put it down because it works on you. It's about, oh man, I there, here are the ways I've moved around this, right, And so that so Monsters in Love was really my take. So so Quaking. So my Grandmother's Hands was really about self. Quaking was about kind of like community. This one is about couples, the more intimate relationship, right, and but they work with some of the same skills, some of the same practices, some of the same pieces. And so this was just my take on it. And uh uh, yeah, it's not about just being a conflict. It's about understanding how conflict actually functions as opposed to all of the things that we've been kind of conditioned to believe.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Can you tell the people what are are five anchors? Real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 16: So yeah, so so so one of them? So I said it earlier. Maintain a clear sense of yourself while connected to an important other. Right, tolerating pain for growth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one people I feel like people will disagree with. That's why we got to go through pain to grow right, right?
Speaker 16: Right? So envy you you built a a uh real estate empire. You're you're working on it, right, Yes, sir? Every day you got to do a little bit of something. You can't do everything. You can't build a road. You can't say I'm building road. Now, I got it, right, You you learn from the mistakes from the Oh I could have done it, I could have done right. There is there is, there is something to be gleaned from even the difficult pieces. Right. That's a painful process because it is the pain of growing up as a human being. Not the pain, not the not the pain that not just pain without a purpose? Right, And so relationships are really about how do I begin to have the I'm going to. So it's the choice between what I call clean pain and dirty pain. Dirty pain is the pain that you get by going around something right, having a fair out of relationships, stealing your partner's choices, spending money that you know you ain't got, and not telling your partner all these different pieces. Stealing your partner's choices. That's dirty. And we all know the dirty piece clean pain. And as adults, we don't get a choice between pain and no pain. When you're trying to grow up, you get a choice between clean and dirty. I know that when I'm doing this, it's going to be painful, but it's the pain that can build capacity, not the pain that takes me around it. Those are two different pains. And so for those of us, so for those of the listeners saying, well, with paint, love shouldn't be pain, of course it is. There is, but it's a capacity building pain, not a not not one that that that keeps you immature, right. And so those that say pains, you know in a marriage you shouldn't have pain or there should be no pain, are people that that that I want to stay immature, right? And so so those are the two, those two anchors I think are the most important ancers, like those like having a clear understanding that this piece is about growing up. Like one of the things that I've realized and I just like over the last ten years of realized was my wife, is that I realize that in a good long term relationship, the outcome of a good long term relationship is that one of us is going to bear the other one. That's the outcome of a good long term relationship.
Speaker 8: That that that that that that our our our our work with each other is we're growing ourselves up, growing each other up.
Speaker 16: And and the payoff at the end of that is that one of us is going to bury each other, and that hopefully at the end of that our hearts are light enough to we say good job.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you didn't give other three because because I want them to go by. One more question. What's the one biggest piece of advice you have for couples who are going through conflict, difficult time.
Speaker 16: Slow down, slow down, just breathe. White body supremacy. And I haven't talked about this, but and this is the more larger pieces. White body supremacy one of the one of the primary things of white. Body supremacy is urgency. Urgency is what is how this whole thing, especially with our bodies, right, That's how this whole thing was was founded. Right the plantation. What I tell people is that the plantation was actually is actually was actually a sanctioned rape factory, right. And we a lot of us come from bodies, come from bodies, bodies, bodies, bodies, bodies who were for two hundred years raped and used as product. What makes us think that those bodies weren't conditioned around that trauma? And what makes us think that that stuff is not going to show up in our relationships?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 16: Those conundrums, those pieces, those pieces around body sovereignty. Do I have body? Do I have sovereignty over my own body? Or do you have sovereignty over my body? That's the whole thing right now. And so what I tell people is one of the first things that I do when I'm working people is slow down, quiet, it's all right. Yes, it feels like you're gonna your body is gonna be ripped apart. Yes, yes, you think that you're not going to survive this. Slow down, learn the things that you need to learn, and you have time.
Speaker 2: Wow, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to overload y'all, but go get Monsters in Love, Go get the Quaking of America, Go get my Grandmother's Hands. And this I didn't. I haven't seen these albums.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so so so that so the dismembered that and unarmed. So I don album with each book. Either I get with other other musicians and I train them on the practices in the book, and then they go and create songs about those things. So that's dismembered in the arm. And then Pharaoh Dreams is actually a I kind of looked at it as remember Balancing the Bullet by Malcolm X. Just all of his speeches. That's what That's what Pharalh Dreams is about all of my speeches. And so you can doubt so if you buy the album, you can download it on your phone or it's it's also at album.
Speaker 1: So for people that love your culture quote, I'm sure that's on it. That culture quote is everywhere.
Speaker 16: Thank you many, thank you, it is. It is. That's every place man. And and and it's one of those pieces man where I actually have a thing on my website where people can sign up for all of my quotes three hundred and sixty five days a year for free. You just you just get a quote on your phone. And it's designed to help particularly black and brown and Indigenous people understand that we're not defective, right, that we live in the culture where we've been taught and have been uh connected to bodies that have been taught that we're defective. And one of the things I want to do with my books and with my music, with the music and everything is to say we're not defective. We don't need to start from that place. That's not that's not what's happening. So all right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Resma Minicum, we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Make sure you follow on what's what's the instagram.
Speaker 16: Resme dot com if you go to resume dot com, r E s m a a dot com or resmomenicaem on Instagram.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the breakfast Club. Good morning on b ett of names or you gossip been on you chatty?
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is the rumor report.
Speaker 9: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast club. This were the tea spills right on.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: And shout to DJ nih Le someone who's in the building. With us for a little bit, came through to stay with see it now, Kylie Jenna. She addresses the misconception that she's had so much surgery on her face. Now the twenty five year old shut up I know to talk about, she says. Listen, listen, shut up. She says, I think it's a big misconception about me is that I've had so much surgery on my face and that I was some insecure person and I really wasn't. Yes, I love full lips and wanted full lips, but growing up I always uh what she said. I was always the most confident person in the room. I was the girl performing for everyone. I had my one lip insecurity thing. So I got a lip filler, one lip, and it was the best thing I've ever want done. She says. I had my one lip insecurity thing.
Speaker 1: She got one lip, so.
Speaker 2: I got lip filler, and it was the best thing I've ever done. I don't regret it. But I always thought I was cute.
Speaker 1: There's people out here with one lip. I know white people got real thin lips, but one.
Speaker 2: Lip so that so she's that's all she's got was lip filler.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't care, but Collie Jenner's business is people being in our business. So you know she's sharing her business for people to be in it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but I thought she had it, Like, like, her whole face changed, didn't it.
Speaker 7: And it's a misconception.
Speaker 1: We watched it, watch your whole family. Also a kid. We've seen her since she was a kid. That's what happens when you grow up kids faces.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna say with it?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure she probably got something, but kids' faces do change. You haven't been watching her since she's been a child, too. Now you do realize that, right, that's just stuff.
Speaker 17: Nobody's denying that.
Speaker 2: But her whole face changed, brocul we saw a different person. You saw us, and she was like kid, right, Okay. Like I'm saying though, like people do go through puberty and things change. Like you literally saw hers since she was a child. And I'm not saying she didn't get no surgery. I'm just saying you did see her since she was a kid. He has probably lip filler coming out on compete.
Speaker 17: Even got nothing to say to that, but maybe she I don't think necessarily the low self esteem has anything to do with the changes you wanted the changes because you like you're different. You know you wanted something more exaggerated. That don't got nothing to do with your low self esteem.
Speaker 1: Oh y'all do care about this story? I didn't know.
Speaker 2: No, just reporting first of all, you being if you had one lip too.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like how you so judgmental with that young lady. Just now, she got one lip, okay. If you got one lip, you want more than one lip.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now Glorrilla is being sued by a New Orleans rap group over the song Tomorrow. Now. They're saying she sampled the song Tomorrow and they didn't get clearance.
Speaker 1: So let's play Tomorrow first classic card and.
Speaker 2: You would think with school for character?
Speaker 1: All right, good as hell? Did they just sent my nigga five at taps? Now?
Speaker 2: This is this song. It's called Street of the west Bank, and it's saying that it was sampled without permission. I heard it the West Bank to something like days away back.
Speaker 1: What year was just recorded? Nineteen hundred and four. That's what I'm saying you to say, piano, hey man, somebody got some explaining the dude just the fair, you know, give him, give him their credit.
Speaker 2: That's all all right now. We reported this story earlier, and I want to say it in depth. So we reported earlier that Young Miami confirms that she split from Diddy. Giving my fan.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, you're telling this story again. You really got to get the fan together. The other side of the way, other way, by the way, unexcepted, by the way, o the way, give me the goddamn give me a fan. Come on, man, act like you know, act like you're a damn lady for once. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: There, all right, all right, so Young Miami, let me do it right, Young Miami girl, she talks about her split from Diddy. She says, that's not my man. She put this comment out well, she was doing her enemy. She says, I want everything. I want to be an actor, I want to be an artist and an entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's just my work ethic that's going to determine my success.
Speaker 1: Get what you deserve, Young Miami.
Speaker 2: I never expected to be an artist. I will say that I'm an infested being famous. I always thought maybe i'd be somebody's baby mama or wife, girlfriend or something like that, or justin in foals. A lot of people don't understand it. And they say it takes me being like illiterate or not being able to talk properly. I always think about it. I'll be like, I'm gonna do it, but I never followed through. I can't disguise my voice even if I wanted to.
Speaker 1: You don't need to boo be you. You are an original. God made you who he made you to be or who she made you to be. Okay, you are one on one Young Miami, and being Young Miami has got you this far. Okay, you deserve it all because every day the sun don't shine. But that's just why we love the mark. That's right.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about Diddy. We still friends, were still good friends or we're single, and that's not my man. We had our own situation way shown.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna put a title on it.
Speaker 1: He touched on my butt.
Speaker 2: We were effing with each other hard, hard, We were together every day. At one point, talk to him. He supported me.
Speaker 1: I supported him. There you go, I supported him. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: Let the Internet call it whatever they want to call. That's right.
Speaker 1: You one young Miami, you one, you won, you won dropping on the kuzban for young Miami. You go ahead, Kresha, you do you boo.
Speaker 2: And lastly, I got to talk about this girl the Daily Show. I heard about it the week of May fifteenth. I heard about this. Guess who hosted I heard about this Guess who hosted red? Can you guess who hosts it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You can't guess?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: Look can you guess who hosts it?
Speaker 7: No idea?
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the girl with the big hips.
Speaker 1: Come on now, gig hips in here noticing things? Noticing it?
Speaker 2: What but the slim waist?
Speaker 1: Oh me more envy. Flattery will get you everywhere. Tell me Charlomagaye, drop a bomb for him.
Speaker 8: The girl.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne is gonna be hosting the show?
Speaker 1: Why you laughing? You don't know what I identify as you see. That's your problem. That's right. I don't respect people. That's twenty three. You don't know what I identify?
Speaker 7: Ask what do identify?
Speaker 1: You? You say it?
Speaker 2: Whatever I want, whatever he wants, I said, the girl with the big hips and slip, the big thick slip.
Speaker 1: What have you heard?
Speaker 16: What I said?
Speaker 2: The week of May fifteenth, Charlemagne to God, drop a bomb for him?
Speaker 1: Yess I am looking forward to see who I piss off that week when I host the Daily Show, I need all listeners of the Breakfast Club and brilliant idiots are in the NYC area to pull up and get tickets to the Daily Show for that week. If you plan on watching me to tell me I suck. I appreciate that too.
Speaker 2: That's right, So you can tune in again the week of May fifteenth and a week airs eleven pm Eastern Time on Comedy Central. So again, drop a bomb for Charlamagne the God and all one lit people are welcome to shut up, shut up? All right, Well that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we got the people's choice mixing.
Speaker 5: Let's go wake that ass up Earth in the morning.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club