Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So I get that.
Speaker 2: Tell me that about shooters because I asked him the other day why can't shoot his guard shooters?
Speaker 1: Because they all do the same thing to each other, How the hell does it keep working?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Job, if you go over top on the floppy, he's gonna bump back.
Speaker 1: Why would you? Like, how do you guys work? Please?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 1: And how y'all get open on each other? Oh, y'all do the same.
Speaker 4: I will say this though, like elite athletes, I had a better chance against the shooters in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: Like as far as like off screens and floppies and wide pin downs, why there was over jealous people were easy Like as as a shooter, yes, we get beat on certain things, but I was, I was. I had to know what I was doing on the basket floor and especially defensively. I was gonna funnel dude some way. He was gonna get what No matter what, if you're doing wide pin downs, you're doing any high movement, you're gonna get something out of it.
Speaker 1: What do I want him to get?
Speaker 4: And where's my health?
Speaker 1: Right? Like?
Speaker 4: So to me, like if I top side that thing, I know he's gonna get that. We're gonna get corner. But that's what I want.
Speaker 3: But he was over jealousy.
Speaker 4: I got both of them. If you're getting very aggressive guy, like I got both, I got off, I got that, I got back door, like I got all that stuff. But like shooters is no shooter, it's hard to guard shooting. I'm not saying with a motor.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not taking.
Speaker 3: It away from it.
Speaker 5: Guys with motor it's tiring for everybody, no doubt. You know, like shooters that are really like you're talking about Duncan, Like Duncan's just he doesn't stop moving, right, he just doesn't stop. So like doesn't matter how good, it doesn't matter how how good of a shape you're in, Like it's.
Speaker 3: Hard to run around and guard. Got it? You're better about guys like Duncan. It's like, hey, I'm just forcing that way. And because otherwise he's gonna rat race.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: And and as I'm processing this right now, you guys are so elite that all you need is a crack.
Speaker 1: So you've seen I give you that. All you guys need is a crack. Dunks are great if you guys get a crack is going.
Speaker 2: Up, So I gotta give a credit a credit, dude. It's been so many times where I just see the guys and I'm like, you know, God, damn well, that's what That's what you would have done.
Speaker 1: How did you let him do it? That's what you would have done. You would have done the same thing.
Speaker 4: But it's like in the pick and roll, shooting is no different than the pick and roll and creating an advantage, right, you got to give him something.
Speaker 3: You can't take it.
Speaker 4: All away, right, So it's ultimately, you know, you play with Shane Batty. He's the biggest guy in the world that just looking at numbers and just breaking it down forty one point two percent here, if he can just get taken a half, yes here change.
Speaker 3: Shame was nuts with it.
Speaker 1: He was a leader at it.
Speaker 4: But it's at the end of the day, that's what we're doing. Okay, all right, I'm on top this dude the whole game.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: But then if you like, at the end of the day again, I mean this aggressive dudes were the easier ones to score on on ISOs. That's totally different.
Speaker 2: So even though so even though you guys score on shooters, it's actually hard to score on another shoot.
Speaker 1: It in it would be over there, Yes, athletic, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because because every shooter thinks the same way.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 4: I want to force him to this if he makes that way, and I got a pat of that. A great shot dog. But like the over jealous ones, like like, man, those guys are way easier now when you have to go when they guard you, like on some ISO stuff, and they're up in your like in your hips, that's totally different. But shooters off like why down back ashes, I know exactly what that gonna do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's that's comforting.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm being a little too critically. You are, you're looking at us as white dudes. It's cool. She said that. I got a question, did you know who he was before we came in?
Speaker 2: Absolutely trying to tell me you probably don't know who Stop ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I watched watched long that broke back three pointers.
Speaker 2: If you don't know nothing about Mike Mill, you remember that moment before you got here, He probably don't know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm al ridiculous. I bet you. I should have bet you. I should have took the bet.
Speaker 4: To So now that we're talking about that, talk about you know, obviously leaving Gonzaga fifteenth pick right, Yes, sir, awesome, congratulations. Growing up inside this Wizard organization and seeing the changes, one thing you learn real quick is once they start paying those paychecks, it's a profession. It's a real job. What was who did you lean on as a rookie there to help you kind of guide you through this and now seeing these changes, you know you're gonna have to start helping some of these other young kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you have to. You have to learn how to be a pro fast, real quick. And like we've changed, We've changed multiple times, we have. I've played for two coaches, I've had two front offices, so like change every year pretty much. And like you have to separate the business and the game and you have to learn that really fast. And so like the two guys that I leaned on for that specifically were KCP.
Speaker 1: He was one of my bets.
Speaker 5: Great, great guy. Helped me a lot through the struggles of the first year. That was the year of me, like trying to get on the floor, trying to find minutes, make an impact in other ways besides shooting in order to stay on the floor longer, like KCP was my guy for that.
Speaker 3: And then do you guys know the name Anthony Gill?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I kind of got under our bench, like, yeah, you know, one of the best teammates I've ever been around, full stop, and he works his tail off. He is always in the gym. He's in the best shape anybody on our team bare barely plays. And so I'm shout out to Anthony a g If you're listening, shout out to you. I got into the gym when I was a rookie and I looked around to see who was working hardest, and it was him out of all of our guys. And so I'm gonna go hang out with him. I'm gonna do what he does and I'm gonna learn from him. And he's just so happy.
Speaker 4: By the way, tip my cap to you for don't understand it as a rookie. As I'm on the side now on the agent side of business. When I help these young kids come in, that's probably a product of obviously playing the amount of years in college and you did the young kids understanding end up having that kind of awareness. Okay, who am I gonna identify some myself with Who am I gonna learn from That's gonna leave me in the right direction and not take me the deep waters and drown me right? And how how am I gonna get on the floor?
Speaker 1: That's all to me.
Speaker 4: It was all about and it's about the work in routines and habits and man, tip my hat. Yeah, I mean that's a rookie. That's impressive.
Speaker 5: I got really lucky with AG two because he was like a lot of some older guys are like, you're a young dude, you're trying to blow up my spot. I'm not gonna give you any help. He was the opposite. He was like, I'm here to help you. I'm here to make you better. He poured advice into me, imported himself into me to help me, and I would just all I was there to do is just take his advice, work as hard as he did. And what the cards followed.
Speaker 4: They may people don't understand though, it's a it's a it's a business totally because you have a you have a situation there where fifteen guys are trying to get a spot and what you said right there and there's none of them are unselfish like that, and so the we talked about it all the time on the conversation obviously our our podcast called ogs. Having real ogs in the locker.
Speaker 1: Room are super important.
Speaker 4: Like it's leading and guiding and that without without no and being comfortable who we are and what stage of our career we're in. And in Washington, you just haven't had that, really, No, You've had all young players and they keep and and they have to that to keep trying to hit in the draft.
Speaker 3: It's part of the deal.
Speaker 4: It's part of the deal. Part of the I gotta give credit to Will and them guys with credit. Where's credits do? They're starting to get mature, they're starting to get McCollums work as smart's. Yes, they're starting to get some of these dudes in here that can help. Hopefully these younger kids are like the Trays and the and obviously bub from last year and saw like their help these dudes.
Speaker 5: So and it's and it's crazy, you, I mean, I've been this is your five from going to be your five for me now and I feel like a vet on this team even though really not like I'm really not. It's like I feel old. But then you like the moment and the moment you bring a guy like Marcus or guy like CJ or Chris Middleton into our locker room, like just their presence and like their presence is like everyone kind of like a couple of chances up, you know, And so it's only a good thing for them, only good thing for us to have them in our locker room. And they just for when they got traded at the deadline to us last year, Marcus and Chris did and we're nothing but helpful.
Speaker 3: So I mean, and our CJ is coming in there too.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously lose Jordan, but c is coming in there, and it's a it's another one who can help. And that's good, really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean you touched on it earlier, but I mean the rebuild after Bradley Bill and different things like that. You do have an opportunity to go for you as a college and things like that. How does that help because we don't see that too much anymore, How does that help the maturity of a lot of things that you're going to deal with because we don't see kids go I see them when I was with Miami playing at og Road, they were coming into eighteen and nineteen.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: About what kind of notion you're using where they get the chopstick? Like, hey, man, did you use your yod today this morning? Listen, I'm talking about rogie when they come in because they're so young. You did four years, obviously you skipped that. But you're dealing with a whole different set of problems. Now what kind of lotion you use? Your fellow can't come in here with your whole face drive? Did you wash your face this morning?
Speaker 1: Man? That on your face? Like, hold on, man, let me give you something. This is what I use.
Speaker 3: This is around you. Come sit down, let me teach you something stick.
Speaker 2: I used my drives help going through a whole processes that I didn't even know I was gonna deal with.
Speaker 1: He skipped those phrases. Did for your school? You know? You know, you know what lotion he like?
Speaker 2: So he But nothing prepares you for the rebuild of losing the star player, the expectations of the fans and all that sh is different. You think four years of college helped to prepare you somewhat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little.
Speaker 5: What it prepared me for was, like you want to you're in the rebuild. You're trying you're trying to build in the future. Maybe wins and losses aren't necessarily the most important thing right now when we're in the rebuild, but you want to the goal of that is whether we're winning or losing. You want to try to build and maintain winning habits. And I played for a team, I mean my whole college career, I lost ten games.
Speaker 3: So like going coming in coming in your copy.
Speaker 5: So the goal was to be a part of the rebuild, but bring winning habits that I already knew how to do. I mean, I spent four years winning and know how to win. I know what it takes. And so even being a part of the rebuild, like there's a lot of times where it's super tough and you haven't won in a while, but you're trying to maintain the vision and keep the goal in mind in the future. But you have to be able to stick in to your winning habits and do our best to help those young guys realize that and bring them along with us.
Speaker 2: And that's great that you had when it habits coming into that, some things you're going to learn, but you had for a little bit.
Speaker 5: Right, a little bit of it, and it's it's it is so difficult, like being a part of a rebuilding team. Like people talk about it like it's just kind of something that happens, which it is, but like when you're in the middle of it, it's as a competitor, it's really really hard to maintain.
Speaker 1: The food tastes better when you win it.
Speaker 2: People don't understand, like the weird I could go to the same restaurant, but the next day the food tastes better. If I want the next night we lost, it don't taste as good the same meal.
Speaker 4: It's it's really refreshing to hear you talk like that though, because and I've said this a million times for all young kids coming in this this league is easy to lose in absolutely, you know, because it's now it's like, okay, the checks are really really big. I lost because you're gonna play again in another day, right, like, And so to keep keep that competitive spirits, keep that because it's gonna it's only gonna help not only the organization but yourself. Because reality situation is it's so like you can't it's not like college.
Speaker 1: You don't choose who drafts you.
Speaker 4: You don't choose what organization or locker room you walk into but once you get in there, like it's it like and we've said this on multiple occasions. One of the biggest reasons I went to Miami was and nothing against other teams I was at every time I laced them up in October, I was I knew I wasn't playing for.
Speaker 1: The actual end goal. That's frustrating.
Speaker 4: And so you say, but losing is easy, and you're gonna have some serious conditioning and endurance for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, And it's yeah, I mean, it's it's a unique situation to be in. And you see it all the time too, when guys are you know, a part of a part of a rebuilding team and they can maybe get traded the deadline and like, are your winning? That's when you that's when you get to show if you're winning, if you've been maintaining your winning habits. Is if you could put into the spotlight right away or like, things change fast in the league, like Oklahoma City was a twenty four win team two.
Speaker 3: Years before won the title. Yes, crazy, you got to be a winner right away.
Speaker 5: And so you know, and if you so, things things change super fast, and you got to make sure that those habits are sharp, and you gotta be ready to go.
Speaker 1: You guys never know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm saying, and.
Speaker 1: That's that's huge.
Speaker 2: That's weah to have guys that have been there and knows what it takes every single day because certain things where another guy might be like, oh, he's a little office game today, it's cool, that's not cool.
Speaker 1: Every day I'm on your ass.
Speaker 2: Every day, I'm on your ass because you got to act like a champion before you're champion.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I was that guy my last five years of the league, for five six years of the league, whatever it was, I was that guy. I have been won three reasons. I know what it's supposed to look like every single day. So whether we have a good day or a bad day, we're still gonna work hard. That's what we're gonna put our working. We only got to be two We only got to work for two hours. You got the rest of the day, go lay on South Beach whatever.
Speaker 1: You want to do. Were two hours. We're gonna get some out of this, you know what I'm saying. You're right.
Speaker 2: Summertime is here and it is my favorite time of the year. Ladies, come on with them sun dresses and the bikinis and them cheeks out, fellas getting them beach bars and them six packs ready with them who your dadd is shorts. But that is only one part of it. That is the daytime. Trust me, nighttime is just important. Two things can be true. She can enjoy herself, but not enjoy you. Make sure you hand your business. Gonna take care of that. Finish the game. Roastparks is a two and one treatment for you guys that need more controlling rations than the fellas that need a secret weapon. Be afraid to tap in and be your best version now after roast barks is all one of your tongue. You got fifteen minutes to show time, my boy, handle a la. You could go back to back round after round and still be ready. Sound like a championship boxer to me. Go ahead and not that thing out. Trust me when I tell you, if you're good at what you do, you ain't got a brag.
Speaker 1: She'll do it for you, my boy.
Speaker 2: Roast Spars will connect you one hundred percent online, so you don't have to be in weird rooms with weird people don't know telling them you can't get in rection long enough and stay hard enough to God there a legion woman. If approved treatment shows up directly to your doe, play boy, you can handle your business immediately. If prescribe sexual health patience will get fifteen dollars off their first order of sparks on a recurring plan. Connect with the provider at road dot cole slash OG's to find out if roast boks are right for you. That's our old dot co slash OG's for fifty ten dollars off your first order. Compounded drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but are not FDA approved and do not undergo FDA safety. For safety information, go to road dot co slash Safety info.
Speaker 4: Here is a dirty little secret that insurance industry may want to keep under wraps. Insurance compani's profit by holding onto your money for as long as possible so after an accident they might do whatever they can to delay or deny your claim. This way they can keep those profits growing. Morgan and Morgan fights hard against these corporations, a fight to make sure you get every dollar you deserve, winning court. The insurance companies want juries to think that at fault driver is the one paying the verdict amount Meanwhile, it's really the insurance companies who are covering the cost. When Morgan and Morgan takes on a case, there are almost always going after the big insurance companies and not the individuals at fault. Morgan and Morgan fights hard for their clients, and these corporations know that a recent client in Pennsylvania just received twenty nine million US twenty nine million dollars ensure best offer was five hundred thousand. Another recent client in Florida received twenty million dollars last offer zero. There's a reason why Morgan and Morgan is America's largest injury firm. Hiring the wrong firm can be disastrous. Hiring the right firm could substantially increase your settlement With Morgan and Morgan. It's easy to get started, and their fee is free unless they win. Just visit for the people dot com backslash ogs or dial pound Law five to nine. That's for the people dot com max like ogs or dial Pound Law five to nine. This, my friends, is a paid advertisement.