Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today on Nathan Hager joined by Bloomberg's Dan Curtis on another morning where chip stocks are in focus, Dan, and Advanced micro Devices is top of mind.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, Yeah, Advanced micro Devices, as you mentioned, it is a chip stock that stock right now is down nearly six percent in pre market. It came out with earnings after hours, and really the timing of these earnings is a bit tough for the company itself. We've had that chip sell off which you've been talking about, weighing on the space. These high flyers, these earning have put these earnings reports under more scrutiny. So I think some other earnings that might have been shrugged off and some other warnings that might have been shrugged off earlier are getting a lot of attention this morning. That's really really playing out in the pre market right now. So looking specifically at AMD, it reported third quarter ear revenue of nine point twenty five billion dollars last night, that's thirty six percent growth versus the prior year. It beat estimates at top to the company's high end of its guidance, and even earnings itself came in above Wall Street estimates, but again a lot of scrutiny on these names. The guidance is causing some concern on Wall Street. The ceoc's revenue for the current quarter up twenty five percent, which does sound strong, but it's lower than the sixty percent growth that AI Darling in Nvidia is expected to post in a similar period. AMD has signed agreements with open Ai and Oracle to build out AI computing, but again fine tooths comb over these the forward guidance could be a signal that the payoff from the deals may not come as soon as expected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like the scrutiny is spreading beyond chips into the broader tech space given the results that we saw from super micro Computer as well Dan.
Speaker 3: Exactly another AI related company, and this one makes servers ticker SMCI. That stock is down nearly nine percent in the pre market. The company reported first quarter revenue of five billion dollars that was well below the six to seven billion the company had expected to make. A third of the revenue came from GPU related AI servers, but sales fell fifteen percent from the year prior as some shipments were delayed. The company did raise revenue guidance for its current fiscal year by nearly ten percents. That might come with smaller margins as it provides more services for some of its AI megadeals. The outlook for earnings and margins is still murky, and the CEO noted on the call that competition the space remains intense.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This morning, we got earnings from Humana, and it's not looking like that's giving much help to sentiment either.
Speaker 3: Dan It's not. The company reported ad just a third quarter earnings of three dollars and twenty four cents that's above the Wall Street estimates. The beat was aided by stronger than expected revenue from Medicare members. Medicaid trailed estimates. Rising healthcare costs are weighing on the company's profit. Ninety one percent of the revenue from premiums went back into medical care, a higher proportion than the previous report, While the twelve percent gains this year are nowhere near those of the AI names we discussed earlier. It's a relatively high flyer in the health insurance space. Two of its biggest peers, Human and Elements, are down thirty three to twelve percent, respectively so far this year. Humana has been shielded from expiring health plans from so called Obamacare, and the company expects fewer members to drop Medicare advantage plans than previously forecasted. But as a relative high flyer, again, it's just the scrutiny that the market is bringing out amid this somewhat bearish pullback.
Speaker 1: I'm sensing a trend in your report this morning, and I mean looking at the results as well from Pinterest this morning. That stock is getting crushed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the social media company. It's expecting revenue to come in around one point three billion dollars. This is a bit of a tariff play, though the CEO sounded the alarm that tariffs are impacting home furnishing. That's created broad fullback and retailer spending across the United States and Canada, where Pinterest gets most of its revenue from. Pinterest has strong exposure to retail as its platform is used for home decor, and that stock is down nearly twenty percent in pre.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.