Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably SHAKEE d I am joselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: That what's up. I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us. What I know? And this is like episode fivey fourteen, Like what is this five thousand and twelve and twelve? Yeah, yeah, you're a couple off yung. Thank god for being here. Yes, over and over again. We love you guys. Yes, thanks for listening to our crazy Yes, we appreciate you. We're happy that we continue to entertain you and you like, continue to listen to our voices. Yes, and listen to us talk. Yeah. Didn't people say they have sex to our voices or something? She said? I think she said it'll play in the background as her and her husband are pleasuring each other. No, okay, what it wasn't that far, but I think it was like when he when they would be in the like she would have it playing, maybe when she's in the bathroom getting ready and he's okay, in like in the vicinity. And then I think then we took it to the next level. Was like, oh, you should have sex. You should have sex to have sex and your Yeah, that's weird, extremely yeah, or you can play it for you and one. Yeah, no, I can't stand listening to myself. I cannot. I know, I know. Listen to yourself talk on some other kind of apparatus is yeah, weird, it's weird. I can't. I can't take it. I can't. So yeah, anyway, we are here, we are back. We are happy. Reminder to people that I'm on a show called Love Hotel. Yes, and I so the show, the premise show has you been on? Like count them, count them, name them, count count them? Okay? So we were housewives of Potomac, Yeah, not not many. What's the what's the show? I did? Girls, Girls Trip, Love Hotel. That's it? Chat room, chat room? Oh yeah, I forgot that. Okay, that's it chat room Okay, and that's it. Yeah. I don't know how I thought it was more than that. You did like a little acting gig, Yeah did I I don't know, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Oh you mean outtouchment under the Bravo space just okay? Yeah, I did a little did a little b et acting situation.
Speaker 1: That was fun. I need to do more of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and a bunch of one hundred million commercials one million.
Speaker 1: Okay, so great congratulation, thank you. Moving on, what are we talking about? Oh yeah, when does it premiere? And where? Okay?
Speaker 2: Me, Ashley, Luanne and Shannon went to Cabo and we were inundated with the men's.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Love Hotel. I will be your love of concierge, and I'm checking in four real housewives whose love lives are more disaster movie than Ron Please Lord, give me somebody. Come and meet ladies. They're established, they're successful, they're all hung like bolo men.
Speaker 2: Have come to the fotas just to give you the premise of the show. They brought in like waves of eight men at a time. Okay, yeah, four of us, eight of them, and so we were able to decide whether or not we wanted them to stay in the Love Hotel and okay, so we gave them a key or get your ass out of here, and we did not give you.
Speaker 1: A key, got it? Yes? Okay. So when they the waves of eight men come in, is it like, is this all done in the same day? No, So like the first group, we were with them, I think for a week, okay, and we were in Mexico forever. So we did first wave I think.
Speaker 2: Was for a week, I think, and then by I don't know, day four, we were able to figure out who we want to stay, who we don't, and then more came.
Speaker 1: It was another it was called a dating pool.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was some more men's came, and I was I went through them like like wildfire, like.
Speaker 1: Get out, get out, get out. I had all of y'all. And then the last group came. Okay, got it. But so if someone was left over from the first group, yeah, they could potentially be there at the end. Come yeah, at the end of you gotta fight for your people, got it, Yes? And I was fighting for people that had nothing to do with me. Yeah, so because that's just who I am. And then I was like kicking people off that had nothing to do with me. So I think, you know, I was all up in it. But it was very much.
Speaker 2: Girl empowerment, like we all kind of were looking out for each other, all the ladies, you know, luamne may or may not try to steal somebody's man mine, but whatever.
Speaker 1: And I was trying to steal people's men too, So you know, it was fun times. Okay, have by all. Well that sounds interesting. Yeah, okay, so when does it premiere?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, it's April twenty seven, after the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I thought it was a Peacock show.
Speaker 2: Originally we started off as Peacock and then Gizelle and went in there and did her one, two, three, and it was like, okay, we got to put this song bravo.
Speaker 1: Oh nice. And I didn't know that. Okay, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not taking credit for this show. Like lu Anne and Shannon and Ashley, they did their bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it was.
Speaker 2: It was nice to be with like some vets that really knew, like okay, that really just jumped into the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah world. They were there to make a show and they made it. Yeah, and hopefully find love.
Speaker 2: And hopefully find love along the way. And yeah, so we'll see if they found love. I can't I can't spill it.
Speaker 1: Yes, but Ashley is Ashley, I can say that. Okay, Yeah, okay, we love her. She tonguing somebody down and promo. Yes, anyway, it's great, y'all love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I think it's like eight or nine episodes, maybe I don't know seven or eight.
Speaker 1: And I want you to watch it only so you could tell me what guys you like. Okay, all right, yes, so do you think you can watch it? Sure? Okay? This is this is what do you call your homework? Okay? Yeah, all right, homework for Robin twenty seven? Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So outside of that, as a reminder, I'm doing my five k run walk with the National Brand Too Much Society.
Speaker 1: Just check my bio. There's some links in there and you can join in. By the way, this is my shady moment, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm doing this with Ashley, and then we have Tim who's the trainer, and Brand is helping us out, who's the event planner.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we all got together and we were like, okay, we got to get some content so that we could post to talk about this race. So Tim's like, yeah, you know, there's a funny thing on TikTok and it shows was like have you ever seen your friend run?
Speaker 1: Okay? So he's like, we're all gonna run, and so I go first because I'm just like okay, so my run is so tragic okay, I mean, and they caught it several different ways she's a runner, I mean of swords, right, But the real deal is, like this particular day, the ground was a little slippery and so I was scared to like full out run.
Speaker 2: I wasn't like trying to bust a kneecap. But my run is tragic. So check my instagram because I posted some tragic runs. Ashley is running like a cartoon character, like she is like Speedy Gonzalees. Okay, okay, okay, now, Speedy Cazalees is there. Speedy Cazalas is the road runner or whatever, the roadrunner.
Speaker 1: It's Ashley. Ass is funny. Mine is tragic. And who's a trainer? Of course his looks good and brand he look a mess.
Speaker 2: So it's funny. But have you ever seen your friends run? Like could you imagine?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you look like when you run? Yeah? No, right right? Yeah, Like when do you get together and run? Like do you mean when you say run, you mean like sprint? Yes? Like full blown, full out?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, like you start down in the running position. Yeah, yeah, we turn into Shakiri richards anyway, Richardson, Richardson, yees, listen, mine is horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm horrible too. I'm like really stiff like that. Yeah, it's bad. So anyways, check it out, full joint. There's an art to running, there's a you know, there's a form. Okay, yeah, okay, yeah, well I haven't. I guess I wasn't given that. Okay, I'll have to check y'all out. Yeah, check us out if you and if you want to join our team, feel free. It's fun. It'll be fun, you know what. I actually would love to. However, every Saturday of my life from between now and the middle of July will be spent in a basketball gym. It's that's right. It's so bad. So are they playing games or just practicing games? Game all over the place? Is Carter in it now? Yes? Oh he's in it? Yeah? Is he good? He's not as good as Corey? Does he know that? Yes? Okay, yeah he knows it because you know, like Carter's small, We and like this this was we failed as parents in this sense because we put a lot of energy and time and dedication into Corey's athletic development. Yeah, and Carter was just always along for the ride. So like Corey played football, Carter didn't. That was his choice and that alone kind of puts him in a different space athletically on the basketball court. And then since Wan coached Corey's youth team from like third grade to seventh grade, he didn't have time to put into Carter. Carter just got yeah, he got he got the shorten the stick. I can admit it, like you know, it's not it's not a secret. We can take responsibility. So he's a little bit he's not at the same stage as Corey developmental wise. Okay, but we can get them there. Okay, you know now that y'all have decided that y'all there was error, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, so we can get him there. Actually one is actually coaching Carter's team now, okay, good, yeah, so he's like volunteering for this organization that Carter's playing for. Okay, So so anyway, between Corey and Carter, I'm gonna be in Phoenix, Memphis, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey. You on the road, Marland d C. Of course, like every weekend, every you on the road weekend? Okay, lovely, is that your shady moment? No, okay, what is what's shady? So my shady moment, Like y'all know, I always talk about I always have my good quality water with me, yes, mountain, Mountain valley. Yeah, well we have somehow the people in my house strength all the mountain. And now I'm drinking deer Park today. Do y'all see this, boot, boot? I have a plastic bottle. I got water in a plastic bottle. I just told the people no plastic exactly, Oh my god, exactly, And now I'm drinking deer Park today. Guys, and so, I always have like a case of like it's usually aquafina. I don't even know how I got. Deer Park is worse than dear Park. We prefer aquafina has a taste to it, and after like a I feel that about deer Park. Okay, so so we but I so I usually have like a backup case of aquafina in my house just in case we run out of like other stuff. But typically you know, my my deliveries on time, you got enough water, blah blah blah. But yeah, I'm drinking deer Park bottle water.
Speaker 2: We had gone from riches to rags exactly exactly. Okay, are you about to tell so who's the shady people? The people in your house?
Speaker 1: The people you live with M or your delivery man who hasn't delivered my delivery you deliver man.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see that, man, I see that. Yes, okay, So we have some stuff before we random stuff random.
Speaker 1: I love. I love random stuff. Okay. First I have a question for you, yes, okay. First of all, I want to say, do you ever go on threads? Yes? Occasionally? Oh my god, I love thread Do you love threads? Yes? Why? I love it because it's like I don't at least the stuff that I that that gets shown to me. First of all, I don't post on it. I haven't said anything like I kind of want to, like one day be like hi and like so, but you have your name come up with the topic. Yeah okay, but I just scroll whatever comes on on my feed, okay, and it'll be like and I don't know who these people are that are popping up on my threads. Yeah, it'll be like random story times, like story time dating threads, okay, people talking about, oh, I'm matched with this guy and I'm going to meet him tonight, and then they're like coming back and updating their story. And then it'll be people like giving makeup tips and people giving skincare tips o people talking about Corey Booker, like, it's just so love that. Yes, I love it. It's like very it's positive community. Yes, it feels like a community versus like where Twitter is just like toxic, right, So threads is very community like so on threads and people just put up random questions sometimes so on threads, one girl asked. She was like, Okay, I didn't realize that this was a thing or a debate, but how do you put your bra on?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good question, and this takes me to somewhere else. But I put my arms in and then I buttoned it in the back.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I don't do it that way, right, No, my kid didn't know that. This girl like did not know that there was another way.
Speaker 2: So my kids, I guess I didn't teach them how to do it. They just decided to do it on their own. They they they latch.
Speaker 1: It in the front and then they swing it around and then they put their arms in. That's how I do it. Where did you get that from? I don't. I don't know. That's just I don't. That's just how I've always put my breast. Actually weird, and it takes too much time. It makes sense. It takes so much more time. How do you see what you're clasping in the back? You know where it is? You've done it a million times? No, I've done it none, Like, yeah, I stepped down it a million time. I know exactly what Boo done. No. For me, it's always been like, okay, let me look at the class. Yeah, I see it, okay, class, turn around, put my arms in okay. So I okay, but how do you put on like a T shirt? Now? How do you put on like a tank top a tank top? Yeah, you should put your arms through. Okay. So I step into a tank top and pullice.
Speaker 2: And it's so funny because like, I dressed in front of this guy recently, well a while ago anyway, and he was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What happened? And I was like what do you mean? And he was like you're why why would you do? Why would you get dressed like that? Right?
Speaker 2: And I was like, because this is how I get dressed. Player, like, mind your business. As long as I get dressed, like that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: That is a valid question. It's like what so I.
Speaker 2: Long time ago decided to do that because then there's no under armor under what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Like the deodoran deodorant?
Speaker 2: There's no deodorant that like if you put it on top of your head when it goes down on the diodorant on the sides.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you step into it, no deodorant, that makes sense? Yes, I get that. Okay, Okay, so I step into everything that I can't that you can write, like, you can't step into this now sweater, but if you if you can pull it up that way? Okay? Interesting, all right, I now that makes sense. So let's put a poll out there, okay, because the braw situation does not make sense. It makes total sense to me. And then you and I watched my kids do that. I'm like, why are you doing that? And they were like, I get dressed mom, right, Like how else were you supposed to do it? But you're getting dressed like an eight sixteen year old eighteen year old just so that you're young get hurt. Yes, I don't know, but yeah, put the pole out there. I need to know. Yes, so how do you put your braw on? Yes? And that's that's not a worthy pole. Yes, Rather, I promise you some other people do it the way that I do it? Okay, all right, Yeah, two poles, please, Puitar our social media manager. We need two poles out there. Yeah. One, how do you put your bra on? Yeah? Do you put your arms through first and claps class in the back? Yeah? Or do you clasp in the front, twist it around and then put your arms through, right?
Speaker 2: And then okay, we don't need a poll for this. But then how do you put on your shoes and socks? Do you put sock sock shoe shoe or sock shoe sock shoe?
Speaker 1: Well, all my shoes are in the garage, so like, oh so you'll have your socks on. Yeah, okay, But also all right, let's say let's say I am somewhere in a hotel. Yes, socks first, in the shoes because like, the shoes are the very last thing that I put on to leave, because I just on. But you're still you're not because you're you're putting all of it on, right, Yeah, So I do socked sho socked you what? Yeah? Really? Are you sure? I take care of one side, yeah, and then I take care of the other side, and then I'm ready to go to go. Are you serious? Yes, okay, that's yeah. No, no socks shohoes, sock you socks you? Yeah, maybe we do need a pole. Yeah, okay, hey, let's go for it while we're poland yes, okay, another thing. Yeah? Did you know I saw this today that Apple is putting out some new emojis and they are R and B singers. They're like female singers. Okay, let me pull it up on Beyonce's Internet. What are we doing? Yes? So okay, So who do you think if if Apple was to put out a new emojis? Yeah, and let's say there eight female artists, Beyonce is gonna get her own. She needs to because they all have their own Beyonce, Beyonce. Because you're working hard, you're doing your thing, Beyonce. Okay, okay, who else is the R and B? Somebody? It doesn't have to be R and B. Okay, I'm sorry, misspoke. It's not just v so female singers.
Speaker 2: I would feel put out, Dolly Parton, if I'm feeling a little country, I would if I'm if I'm feeling like rapper ish, I might give you a you know, glow rilla or little Cardi okay, or a little Nikki okay, Okay, you can.
Speaker 1: Stop me at any time. Okay, No, I just want to see who you talking. Okay, so you want to know who's who? Okay, I don't know who this person is. I'm not sure if it's Lena del Rey maybe Okay, so I see Beyonce. Yeah, Rihanna, I'll get your re reing. But but re Ree would not. I would not put her when I'm talking about music. Yeah, I would put her. I think this is Rihanna. I would, I would add her. I would. If I'm typing something, I put Rihanna. Yeah what am I saying? I don't know. I mean, it's it's not even like I'll show him to you to look like that. Okay, So Rihanna, is that that's Nicky With that's Nikki, Yeah, that's got Lady Gaga. Okay, that's gotta be Taylor Swift. All right, we'll put Taylor up. Maybe that's Arian Yeah for sure. I don't know who this is, long blonde hair, no idea, no clue. I assume this is Rihanna. But I'm like kind of like Tyler. That's what I'm saying. It looks like Tyler. Yeah, because if I'm if I'm if I'm going over to a little booze house and I'm gonna let him know that is about to get down to the ground. I might put her in because you know, she has like all that hip music, I mean hip motion. Really, yes, but Tyler months Beyonce, Nikki gotta Taylor Swift. Okay, Nikki would give me NICKI gives me like I'm gonna be raunchy and nasty with you. Yes, Tyler gives me like we're just gonna have normal sex. Okay, I'm just saying I don't think Tyler deserves to be on this. No. No, So there's That's why I say. Is this Lina del Ray? I don't even know who that is? Yeah, okay, so anyway, all right, let me show maybe that's Selena Gomette, Oh, Selena Gomez. I don't know. I'm gonna show the camera. Yeah, I'm gonna show our YouTubers, all right, so y'all can see and maybe by the time y'all see this, this is there already. I mean, subscribe your phone to our YouTube. Yeah, all right, so those are the ladies. Yeah, I'm definitely throwing Nikki all over the place. Don't know, but I feel like I would just yeah, like I don't. I don't even know that I would use it for like to express a certain feeling, Like I would just use it just because, Yes, okay, I like it. Get your Beyonce on, get your Nikki on. So this is upcoming for the iOS eighteen point five uptaps.
Speaker 2: Okay, I I would like since Apple is doing things, because I just looked this up recently.
Speaker 1: So you know, I have my mini phone, yes.
Speaker 2: And I've been holding onto it to the wheels fall off because I heard that the iPhone seventeen they were coming out with a mini verse. So I recently looked up this information because I'm like, okay, I'm ready for a new phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they're saying no because they're doing the fold oh old phone. Okay. So okay, so I have a mini because anything bigger hurts my hand. Yes, it does. It hurt your hand? Yeah, I mean if you hold it long enough ye yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I feel like they want all of us to like have carpal tunnel or something. I don't know, like this one.
Speaker 1: I had to take the case off because it was just too much with the case, right, So then you run the risk of but they're actually pretty durable, Like I've dropped it and it's fine. Okay, So maybe I don't know. I feel this, it's not bad. But then how do you see, Like, how do you text? Like I text with one hand? Do you text with two hands or one? It's probably too too. Yeah, I got a text with wine anyway, So I found work on that. Give me the minie back. That's all I have to say about Okay, okay, all right, moving on, Okay, Next, I wanted to see if you were up on some of the current slang that our kids are using. Yes, I am, give it to me, Give it to me, all right. Do you know what sigma means? Sigma? Yes? No? No? Okay, So the kids don't say that, Yes, they do what they said. Well, they they're aware of it. My kids don't really say it, but it means like something good sigma yes, no one, no one. I've not heard it. This is not new to me. Okay, And how old is this kid? Twelve? I don't know. I'm telling you I've heard I have heard it. Okay. Skibbity, Yes, you've heard skibbity? Yeah? No, what is that? Okay? Like skibbity do like like it's good. Bad, it's bad. It's skimbitty, Yes, it's bad. I've definitely heard my kids say skibbity, but they don't say it often. Okay, de Lulu right, okay, Riz, Yes you've heard riz semen No, the Riz came out the penis Riz. This says romantic. No, yeah, I don't. I don't know about that. I've heard my kids. What how do they use it? They say he rizzed? No, it's not a verb, it's like an adjective. Okay, it's like to describe some someone. Are your kids cool? Very? Okay, because it's very sounding, not cool. I'm just telling you this is what it is. Okay, cap yes, lie okay or not true? Yes, okay, goat of course this I've never heard gayat gay. I don't even know how to say yet. Gayat I means speedy booty yeah, big booty yeah, okay mid mid? What just mid? No? What's that? It's like average? My kids definitely say they say, okay average mid. Yes, some of these I've never heard. Sus. Of course, I heard that something that is weird busting, Yes, that tastes good? Yes, yeah, okay, busting busting okay, um, yeah, some of these already know drip sleigh Yeah. Bet all right bet bet yeah, like I agree? Okay, all right? What about Aura or Aura? Aura? Yeah? Yes, do your kids use that? No, like your aura? Yeah? So that's the thing. So Aura. So my kids would be like Corey would be like, mom, everybody at school says that you have aura? Oh what does that mean? Oh my god? I love that. What does that mean? Like you were like fats? I don't know, it's like I have like aura. I don't even know what that means, but that means you're fat. Yeah, yes, I love that. You know, nobody has said that to me. By the way, speaking of yeah, are we done this list? Yeah? Okay. So I went to go visit a door at Ampton. Yeah, there might have been some nineteen year olds that, you know, I might wanted to get to know me better shooting their shot maybe. So I just want you to know I'm hot out here with these nineteen year olds. Okay, Now they are broke and I can only do one thing with them. Yes, but they find me attractive really, Like, did they ask you a do I went on to get that far out because that's creepy okay, yeah, but they were like, when is your mom coming? Yeah? When can I see talk to your mom? Please don't go, please do not.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to bring any college kids home. Please do not, only because my kids are in college.
Speaker 1: Okay, if they weren't that I might think about it, all right anyway, not anyway, Wait a minute, speaking of the goat, have we seen Lebron's toes? Oh? Yes, I didn't. I'll look up Lebron's toes. It man count Oh how do you walk around with nubs? It's weird? How are you actually walking and choose and you have? How how are you playing basketball at forty years old at a super high level?
Speaker 2: Yes, with your toes. I want y'all look up these soaps because they look like, I don't know, it looks like nubs.
Speaker 1: Yes, cornflakes, It looks it looks scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Lebron, I'm gonn neath you to have toe surgery. He can get some prosthetic toes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could do anything these days. Oh my gosh, yes, they look crazy. Okay. Hypothetical question.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of speaking of things that you can purchase, do we believe that chad Ocho Sinko got a fake penis.
Speaker 1: Do we believe that? Do we ever talk about that? I don't know if we've talked about that, but no, I don't believe it. I think I've saw him like tease about that. He said that. Yeah, I don't believe that. You believe that his is already big and he was just born big? Well? Did did he say he was big or someone else that he was somebody else said he was big? Okay? Yeah, I don't think he he can't surgery. No, Okay, I think he's just being funny. Okay, yeah, okay. Hypothetical question for him. Yes, So this was a story in Chicago. It says Chicago men who spent sixteen years in prison for wrongful murder for wrongful murder convict conviction received one hundred and twenty million dollars. Okay. So the hypothetical question, if you were eighteen years old, okay, would you be willing to take a a murder charge what and go to jail for for the fifteen years knowing that on the other side of those sixteen years, Yes, you're gonna get one hundred and twenty million dollars. Did they split it? Are you individually? Let's say, are there's three men in this picture? Okay, so let's let's do both scenarios. Like, so let's say they split it. That's forty million forty million. So you give you do sixteen years, you get forty million. Yes, hell no, no, hell no. All right, so if you get one twenty million, might think about it, think about it. Yeah, but forty million is absolutely now. Yeah, but like I'm look at the odds here. You have to go to jail. You have to stay alive. Yeah, because they're in prison probably Yeah, yeah, they're they're not in they're in GM POP. They're they're fighting for their lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to deal with the inner workings of the jail system.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna like go to the library, get an education. Yeah, I'm with you all the do all the you know training, what about the what about the fights that break out? I'm gonna stay. I'm gonna be like the nerves mediator. Come on, guys, can we all just get along? I mean, is there some like gang rapes and somebody's like give me your give me your toast. I mean, like you can have one if they say give me your butthole out. Okay, yeah, no, exactly exactly, okay, one hundred and twenty million. Now, I don't know. When I saw it, I was like, I was like, damn, I'm like, is that a.
Speaker 2: Good No, that's not a good bet, that's not a good wager, that's not a good And there's.
Speaker 1: Too many variables here. It's jail prison. It's sometimes the cops what do you call them, people, the the wharden, the corrections officer. They look the other way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you can't look the other way on my booty gold Yeah no, okay, good point there.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that deep into you, like, yeah, I think I go to jail for sixteen years, one hundred and twenty million.
Speaker 2: Rabbit, and when you come out like just the no, no you're not. No, you would not.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'll rethink it. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Would you want your boys going to jail for one hundred and twenty million on the other question, no, you would not.
Speaker 1: You know, it depends on how like where they are in life. I cannot they're not making anything in themselves. And I'll come visit you. I cannot, And you're gonna bring him a ship? No? Yeah? Yeah? Will ask Karen when she comes out but then yeah, right, that's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so I have something for you because this was actually an actual survey, and it's said that having sons makes you age faster than having daughters. Studies say, this is a whole freaking study really, Yes, suggests that daughters often provide more social support, which may ease later life disadvantages, while parents of sons tend to have lower divorce rates. So that's fine, you have a lower divorce rate. But they say that y'all drop dead quick.
Speaker 1: Well, how old are these sons? Is it? Are? They? See? Maybe my sons are too young for me to be part of this survey, Like I feel like maybe that's once they get older in their adults and then I'm an older adult and I.
Speaker 2: Need They basically say, sons don't care to take care of their elderly parents.
Speaker 1: Why not? Well, I would say generally, I think sons. If you have a son that gets married to a woman, he often is like with the woman's family, so like when the woman had the you know, when they have holidays, vacations, you know, even like the babysit the people who usually come over and babysit the kids are usually like the wife's because she's because she's controlling that household. Yeah, yes, I don't right, I don't know. I mean, I just think that's just typical. Like you just mostly see, like you lean towards the wife's family and whatever they do. It was kind of opposite like me growing up my father, we leaned more towards his family, so we were always at my father's mother's house. Yeah, you know, that grandmother was the one that always watched us. So for me it was opposite growing up. But I mean I can see why that happens, like, yeah, you know my mom, you know, it's taking care of my kids and all of that. You know, my mom's going I mean, my kid's gonna take care of me. But speaking of my mother, she called me the other day. I guess she listens to reasonably shady Mom, how are you? And she was like, gsell, I listened to you talk about giving people a hall past when you're older. Oh oh yes, what's the update? What does she have to say? She said?
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, I wouldn't care, like once I'm like seventy five. She said, You're always gonna care.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you don't care even if you have breath in your body. You don't care what that man is doing. I said, Mommy, I promise you I won't care at all. She was like, yes, you will, I said mine, especially if. And then your parents came up. I was like, especially if riving in because we talked about your being married for a hundred years, so like, why would.
Speaker 2: Your mom care what your what your dad died? I was like, you know, when you take, when you take, people have been together forever.
Speaker 1: It's like, do you really care? And my mother was like, yes, of course you care. I'll be saying you don't care. I said, well, mom, I'm here to tell you I don't care. All right. I haven't asked my mom that yet. Yeah, I have to ask her. Yeah, let us know. Because my mother yelled at me. That hilarious. That is funny. Okay, So we got a bunch a bunch of emails. Oh wait, which one do I want to come back to? Oh?
Speaker 2: By the way, by the way, matchmaking is over, let's walk about matchmaking. So we did our matchmaking, a reasonably shaded matchmaking.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun, and we have matched a couple of people, yes, like so many couples. It looked like maybe about eight couples or so, oh my, that is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so we about to let y'all know who's matched and who and all that, and then let you guys know who didn't find a match if we didn't find a match.
Speaker 1: But yes, offer still remains. You start dating and get married, Rob and I are going to marry you, yes, absolutely, but if it doesn't work out, don't blame us exactly that too. Yes, yes, we need to yell.
Speaker 2: But we're super excited because this was our first endeavor, yes, of matchmaking the world.
Speaker 1: It was, and you know, I would love to like expand it if we could. You know, we're going to see how this goes once you y'all take the wheel and get to know one another. Right, this is very exciting, but it was very Yes, it was very exciting to receive all of your submissions. Yeah, and I'm super happy for y'all. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So wait, if they get married and have a baby, can they name the baby Jaseel or do they have to name the baby Robin Robin, Jaseel Robin yeah, either one middle names, Yeah, they can, you can interchange it anyway.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So is that a requirement. Are we requiring them to name their babies after us? They should name their baby like reasonably, shady or something they Okay, so Giselle Shady, Robin reasonable, that's those are the names. Okay, yeah, Robin reasonable brown, Yes, boom done. Here's an email from that girl. Oh she self proclaimed that girl. That girl love it? Yep, she says, absolutely love the show, ladies, sidebar Giselle. The constant primping and hair flipping using the camera as a mirror. What is getting a bit weird at times? Who are you that girl? Child? I'm still gonna watch and support, but not sure if you realize how often it happens. It also happened on the RHOP reunion. Any who, You ladies are wonderful. I hate you. What is your name? That girl? Did? She? Women?
Speaker 2: She doesn't even say her. Okay, that girl, we don't. We don't like you until unless you tell us your name. I'm not here for you, that girl. If I want a hair flip on my hair flip, I want to fix my hair. I want to fix my hair.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm done. So do you agree or disagree that that takes my agree? I might agree, By the way, can you show them the mirror on the back of your phone. Yeah. Oh, I gotta make sure I'm a whole mirror on the back of her phone. Yeah, because like when we film, you need to make sure, like spinach is not in your teeth. Yeah, okay, this is from Billy Hi Billy. Yes, he says, good morning, ladies. I'm a huge fan of you both. Robin miss you. On Potomac. I was listening to episode one seventy five when my when I okay, when I was younger, my first boyfriend wanted to have sexual fun with our roommate and friend at the time. So I assume, like, I don't know what we talked about on one seventy five, but I guess it has something to do with this, Okay, he said so reluctantly. After some convincing, I agreed, and he joined a few times here and there. It was not my thing, but I did it for about threesome. Yes, oh okay, yes, so he's talking about having a threesome with his roommate. His boyfriend wanted to have a threesome with his roommate. Ah, these all men, it sounds like it. Okay, Yeah, I agreed, he joined a few times here and there. It was not my thing, but I did it for him. I was noticing a change in my then boyfriend. And long story short, he is now married and has kids with the roommate. Of course, So no hall passes or birthday passes for anyone I'm dating, not to mention for my current husband, whom I've been with for six years and married for three.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so this goes to what my mother said. Okay, fine, okay, okay, all right. So if the man is gonna if I'm seventy five, and he'll be younger, so he'll be let's say seventy, and he's gonna fall in love with the person that I say he can go have sex with, and I don't care, he's gonna fall in love with her possibly.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's not a good idea. Think about it. Okay, if you're especially if you're with a younger man, and you're gonna give him a hall pass, yes, and then he'll go be with a younger woman. He's going to leave you, and then you're he's going to leave you, that is the plan, and then then grow old and be like alone when you're growing old and have nobody to support you. I'll be at jeriatric geriatric journey. Yes, so I'll be at peace on my geriatric journey. Okay, Okay, we'll see. No, I think you need to rethink let's say. My mother says no, yes, okay, okay, and so Billy Billy says Ellen, I think you need to rethink that. Okay, okay, let me address this. Okay, Hi, Jaselle and Robin. This is from Fay. I love y'all love the podcast. As a federal employee, it's not right to say we were skipping out of work to get a facial, but that's what happened. That's actually what happened. She said. For most of us, we schedule appointments close to where we live. So now that we might have to commute an hour each way, we just can't, uh right, So they schedule appointments closer to the to where they live. Yet so they can't so they would go all right, so pretty much' saying they would go like on their lunch break and stuff, but saying, now that we have to commute an hour each way, we just can't make it during lunch and have to wait until we get off work. That's fine. Besides, if you're lucky enough to get a parking space at the Washington Navy Yard or anywhere in DC, you're not going to move your car for a personal appointment. I can see how that might be confusing. Okay, us we Giselle was saying, when you work from home and people are going to beauty appointments during the middle of the day, then it's almost like proving the point of the administration. But I guess it's possible that they are going to these appointments on their lunch break. They could, or they're going you know, maybe they have a shorter work day, like they start at seven and finish it for whatever, you know what I mean, Like they still have a more convenient schedule working from home. Yeah, so they can make a point. But I'm all here for the facials during the day. I'm here for that. Yeah. So like you know, don't come after me. Yeah, I'm not the facial police. Yes, Okay, this is a good, reasonable or shady So there you Okay, give it to me. I have a question. This is from me ya. I have a question. It's so funny her name. Okay, I have a question for my faves. So a few weeks ago, I went out with my friends and as we are about to leave, people don't use punctual anymore. Okay, it's hard to me. As I was about to leave, my friend offered that I use her bag. It was a YSL bag because it was cuter with my outfit. I took it and we all got drunk and I lost the bag.
Speaker 2: Of course, but the bag isn't he isn't her closet. Just for the record, Okay, she ain't really lose it.
Speaker 1: She said she lost it. She said. I felt so bad. I cried to her and she was like, it's fine, It's just a bag. And I was like, do you want money? She said no, I want a new bag. So over the past few weeks she has been bugging me to get her a new bag. Okay, keep in mind, this bag is two thousand dollars. I don't have that money. I don't know if this matters, but she has five to six designer purses. Is it shady that she wants me to buy her a new bag? No? Absolutely not. Now you lost it, you are responsible for it. You lost it. Yeah, I replaced my bag you lost. I know. That's a tough one. It's like, I don't think it's shady that she wants her to replace. No, but she can't expect her to be able to replace it, you know, like because because you're the meth offer her something, say her money. How much she offered her. She didn't how much. Yeah, she didn't say how much. But the girl said no, she didn't want money. She just wants a new bag. But she got to be real with her, like, I'm sorry, I don't I don't have the money to replace this bag the full value of the bag. Like I feel bad. Here's some money. Yeah, you know. And that's a lesson for the friend totally to never let someone use or wear your designer bags ever. Again, I feel like it's more a lesson, And she got to like the friend just has to kind of yeah, so suck it up. This happened to my kids, and I can't really remember the story, but I remember having to replace the replace the bag. So I think a door borrowed one of her friend's bag. It was like a little Mark Jacobs bag. Okay, and Adore got like they had ordered food and I think all the food was like in the bag. I think it ruined the food ruined the bag. So the girl's pissed and she just wanted a bag, and I understood that, so I had to buy the bag, which I did.
Speaker 2: Whatever, And and my thing is my thing is accidents happen. So the food thing is accident.
Speaker 1: You losing the bag because you got drunken as a skunk is a no. That means you're irresponsible. That means your responsibility to fix it. Yeah, yeah, I agree. I mean I think, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Mad at the girl that gave it to her, Like why do you give it to her? You know, your friend gonna get drunk and wild out and leave it in the bathroom. Yeah, Robin, I'm not irresponsible. Okay, you have left your phone in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was really drunk, like my point, my point.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know there's times when you know, like if Rob Robin has degrees of drunk, like either sober or really drown there's nothing in between.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if I'm just drinking, watch out. Okay, it's gonna be a night. Oh my gosh, that was a night. Oh my god. Okay, Okay, thanks for calling me out. Yeah, okay. Another email, This is from Soanji says Hi ladies, so loved the podcast. I'm just gonna read it how she wrote it. Okay, so loved the podcast about does your vjay work? Okay, does your vagina work? Yeah? But so love the podcast. Okay, so you enjoyed that episode. Is that what you're saying? Okay, all right, I'm stodd Okay, I thought she used to say she loves the podcast and then okay, anyway, So when women go through menopause, sometimes it doesn't work as well due to dryness issues. Okay, look it up. As estrogen decreases, so does the elasticity of the vjay. You are lucky if you can avoid these issues as you get older. Just FYI. If you have solutions, share it with your listeners. So I mean, can't you use lubrication and then you'll make it work? I mean that Do you think that was what he was getting at when he asked you that question? I think he was just being crazy.
Speaker 2: But yes, I mean, obviously in minute, that's that's what happens during menopause.
Speaker 1: That's textbook. I didn't go through menopause, so to speak, so I can't really speak to that. However, Yes, that's what lubs are for. If you need that, yes, just like men need the pill. Yeah, but I wonder, Oh but what about HRT hormone replacement therapy. Yeah, I'm out on that, so I don't what do you mean? What's the question? Yeah, like does that help with lubrication, lubrication and menopause and stuff.
Speaker 2: I think the HRT balances everything out, balances your hormones out. So yes, that shouldn't help because I think they throw in some testosterone, which is what you need.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, yeah, I mean I just I'm just wondering, like, is that what he was talking about? Is that why he asked that? Okay, I don't know. I don't know, but my every works over here. Yeah, yeah, I remember my dad used to say that. My dad used to be like because it was like eighty something. He was like, yeah, I just want you to know everything's working on my body. And I was like what. First of all, you need to know that information clearly. And I'm like, what, stop talking to me. You aren't time out. These all people say anything out their mouths. It is a time out for you. Nobody needs to hear that. Yeah, but I'm gonna talk crazy when I get older. Yeah, yeah, Okay, just anything, am I O? We know that? Okay, okay, definitely know that. No. I want you, okay, last, I want you to read one the one about wine, the one about the what win does at restaurants? Oh well here's one. Yeah, okay, So this is from Somaya, She says, Hi, ladies, I never made comments on shows I listened to, but this one I had to. I am one hundred with wine. Yes, please ask for hot water to cleanse Okay, yeah, okay, okay, I'm sorry, go ahead, okay. So she agrees with wine. Okay, wy okay, she said. Okay, So for those of y'all who don't know, Wine used to go to restaurants and ask for hot water to put his utensils in.
Speaker 2: There to clean them, which I found to be very strange. Yes, but so that the rest of the world No, okay, no one felt that was strange, but me.
Speaker 1: Not the rest of the world. I mean people, A lot of people agreed that they either do that or they understand why it's done.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I understood that, but I was just saying, like he'd probably get food poisoning faster than the utensils.
Speaker 1: Okay, but go ahead, r right, right, so she said, I am one hundred with wine. Yes, please ask for hot water to clean those silverware. Also, it doesn't matter if it's a high end restaurant. They also have rodents and the dishes aren't always clean. When I was younger, I wasn't as anal. But now if I go on a date and he doesn't wash his hands before he eats, we won't go on another date. I don't care if he has money, you're not clean, we're not going out. You wear shoes in the house, we're not going out. I was dating a man that was so OCD and I loved it. His home and closet looked like a department store. Everything was in its place. Yes, he was just a lot to deal with, But it's cleanliness. He gets a lot of credit for that. We need more men, more clean men, and I'm here for it. Yeah, I'm here for a clean man now. Yeah, But like OCD is weird? Yeah, I mean, speaking of rodents. I saw a video on Instagram. It was a restaurant in uh New York City. There was a full on rat. It was like a bar, like a bar full on rat running across the bar in the middle of like Tuesday, like in the morning. Yeah, I mean there were people are there, like and they're recording it and they're like, oh, I got and it's funny. Yeah, I'm like, why a y'all even still in there would have been out the door. Oh Robin would have never gone back. No, yeah, I would have ran out the door too. Never. But the rat was just i mean, in the middle of the day, can you imagine, Yeah, that rat is real comfortable. And then I've seen a video. Is that a cheesecake factory somewhere? People try to say it was DC and it was a mouse running across like the ceiling, like oh jeez, okay, we're gonna move on, and it fell. Yeah, I'm sorry, but yes, but yes, another person rode in and they agreed with Wine and his okay okay, wine support out here in the street. Yes, yes, okay, let's say okay, one more okay and then we can go oh okay. You remember we talked about the wedding with the theme the color.
Speaker 2: Scheme, yes, and the colschume. That didn't make any sense, right, It was like, okay, what was the theme?
Speaker 1: So it was like a bunch of you know, the colors was like tan and green and bige, yeahch and okay, yes, okay, So he had a Patrick had to write back. He said, hey, Robin, and I just want to clarify a few things you were asking about. Okay. We sent out a save the Date in April twenty twenty four, was printed a year prior to the wedding, and we mailed out the wedding invitations in October twenty twenty four, six months prior to the wedding. So remember the issue. A lot of people were like, oh, I don't have anything to wear, and it's like, but you had time, So clearly I had time. A lot of people who called say they misplaced their invitation and couldn't find it because it was buried in a pile of old mail. I can relate to that. We also sent out text messages for RSVPs, and guests had the option to mail back the postcard to confirm no evites were sent. I hate evites as well, Robin, Hello, Well, but overall the wedding was amazing. Ninety eight percent of our guests found something in the color palette. Giselle and why is everybody coming for me? And just to clarify our wedding was very, very casual, not formal at all. Okay, Robin, I hadn't thought about it before, but you're right. It wasn't totally unfair to ask people to buy something specific in those colors. I figured, at the very least everyone has khakis. We did want the pictures to look nice in the same scheme. That's not true. I don't have khaki's. Do you have khakis? No? No? Right, Patrick, Patrick? But anyway, I've attached attached some pictures. I loved the special day and just saying there are still a few things left on our registry.
Speaker 2: Hello, el So okay, Patrick, shady, Now that's the shady tell.
Speaker 1: Using okay and knowing that it was casual though the color scheme makes more sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, and this is his husband, right, Okay, they look amazing. We'll put this up on our on our site, I mean on our Instagram Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look amazing.
Speaker 2: Ill, and it is very cute, and I'm happy that it's casual and it looks like it's like an outside situation.
Speaker 1: I'm loving all of this.
Speaker 2: So and so the Moraltu story is it's so funny because okay, why do we see the feet and everybody has on brown shoes.
Speaker 1: On the shoes. The Moratu story is do what you want to do. It's your day, whether Gizelle talks about you badly or not. Just do what you want to do. Kay. But you know when people kind of him and han, what's this? I mean, I see his point. They sent out, you have plenty of time to get something together, and the fact that it was a casual situation, like, yeah, most of these people probably have some type of work pants. So the guys probably have some type of work pants that are khaki ish. Yeah, and I'm sure the ladies like, Okay, we definitely could find something in that color palette totally. And then some people had on white.
Speaker 2: The ladies had a white so on Atlanta, I guess a couple of episodes ago, the invitation said black attire.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kenya had on green. Okay, everyone had on black with green on. So everybody's like, girl, you got the invitation, why do you have on Like where's your black? And she's like, oh my god, I didn't see now.
Speaker 2: I I'm sure she did not look at that invitation, you know what I mean, Because like, how many inmotations do you get you don't look at it.
Speaker 1: You see the time, you see where it is and you're done, or producer tells you where to go. Yeah, that part, that's all. Yeah. They probably just said here's your schedule. Yes, it's this party on this day, right, But I think she was kind of like, Okay, this is a little weird. But then she kind of stood out, which you know, she I'm sure didn't mind, right, of course, you know that. But I do hate when we had these themes for these shows and people don't follow through with the theme. Do you yes, really you've done it? Have you done that? I always try to do the theme. No, I don't know. I feel like I always try. I try. But also I did not appreciate when they don't give you enough time to prepare for the for the theme. It's like, you're gonna tell me it's it's Indian Bollywood Karen like Season two, right, Remember Karen had the Indian Indian theme and Monique came in as a as a native American. Yes, yes, she's so smart. But I'm I think that was intentional or on purpose. I don't think it was like a No, it wasn't. It wasn't. I don't think so oh, I don't know, let's move on. I thought she was just being funny. Yeah. So, like you know, when you have something like specific like that, it's like, no, we need time to prepare true right, somehow and somehow I pulled it together. I guess she gave us enough time. But like, if it's a color, fine, yeah, but if it's.
Speaker 2: Color is easy and black is it's super easy. Everybody got black?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, black on black. Anyway, we love y'all. We don't ever want you.
Speaker 2: Guys, do not love us, Jude, so don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable.
Speaker 1: Oh bye bye or both.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady