Speaker 1: Ah, it's a Bobby Bone show.
Speaker 2: This guy got released from prison after thirty years. I can read you. This is from Sky News. So he was wrongly accused of murder. He got released from prison in Hawaii after thirty years behind bars, and he said the one thing that he's found so weird is everybody is looking at their phones all the time. Now, obviously he's seen a phone. They smuggle those things and buttholes all the time in prisons. They keystrom in there and people have on they text at a cousin. It would like FaceTime from prison. It's wild. And so they have them obviously, but they don't have them out all the time because they're not really supposed to have them. So it's not like everyy inmates on their phone all the time. But this guy fifty one years old named Gordon got out of prison on Friday. He was convicted of killing a guy in nineteen ninety four over a drug deal gone bad. He's always said he was innocent. DNA evidence finally cleared him. One of the things he first did was go out for a nice steak dinner, which he said was a little different than the prison food he's been eating. And he said, the craziest experience is that everybody is looking at their phone all the time. He had never seen. He calls him cell phone zombies because when he went in in ninety four, they didn't have cell phones like we do now. They didn't even have flip phones until ninety six. It was just beepers. And when there were phones in prison, everybody didn't have them out all the time. You kind of had to hide them. So he thinks it's weird how people are always on their phones. Messages are always flooding in. He has a phone now, he says it keeps beeping. Well, so he's kind of famous. Now he's out of prison and one people are like, congratulations, I always believed in you. Yeah right, you didn't even come see me in jail.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I hit him with the immediately, So Gordon thinks it's weird everybody's on their phones. I was watching a video last night on TikTok. My algorithm feeds me a lot of nineties and early two thousands alternative concerts. The two music things I get a lot are like eighties country award shows which are so fun to watch, and then nineties alternative live music. And I was watching Incubus do wish you were here? And it's wild to see a group of people belly to butt five hundred rows deep and not a single phone is in the air. Crazy to see and I'm not one of those guys. It's like everybody's on their phones. Culture is different. Culture's always been different. Culture will always be different. There will be things in fifteen years that people look back at and go, man, can you believe you know? When they didn't have chips in their eyes, they weren't always recording whatever it is. Culture was always changing. But it was pretty odd to see nobody on a phone. I also think you can enjoy a concert while recording it on your phone. I think that's how people have If you're nineteen, that's really how you've enjoyed any concert you've ever been to your whole life. That's what you know is enjoying your concert. So people are like, oh, man, people pull the phones out, concerts suck. Ah, you're just old. But it was pretty neat to see nobody on their phone and just everybody looking up singing the song. It's pretty cool. Also, I do he was young Brandon Brandon Boyd Brandon Boyd lead singer he was, Yeah, he was young. I'm not. He looks like he's about nineteen twenty years old himself, and they were playing that song.
Speaker 4: They all those guys look young, like when you look at those old like they show stone tumble Pilots or whatever, like gosh, he looks like a kid.
Speaker 2: He's forty nine now. I'm not sure what year it was. He still looks good now. But I always think about those guys too that had really difficult songs, Like they were really great singers, and so as they get older, they can't really sing them the same way. I mean, because now forty nine probably can still hold it. But that wished you. I went to Elton John showed at a charity event once, and Elton's in his seventies. Those high songs, he had to take it down multiple levels because he he couldn't hit the He did Blue Jean Baby, he did that one, okay Dancer, but some of the d Da Da Da Da, Crocodile Rock, Da Da Da Da da, he had to pull it down because his voice couldn't get that high anymore. It's wild. Like I Ronnie Done, who's in his seventies, sings in the same key that Brooks and dun did thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: It sounds the same. Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: And most of the time when these people turn anybody a singer turns sixty five seventy seventy five, they have to change the key of their songs. A rare alignment of seven planets has taken place in the sky this week. This is from Science Alert. So what is that gonna make me amy itchy? I don't know to look it up.
Speaker 3: I'm not listen. I'm not an expert in this, but let me let me do some quick research.
Speaker 2: A very rare treats about to grace Earth's night skies. On the evening of February twenty eighth, which is three nights from now, all seven of the other planets in the Solar System will appear in the night sky at the same time. That's with Saturn, Mercury, Neptune, Venus, Uranus, Jupiter, and Mars all lining up in a neat row. It's not a common for a few planets to be on the same side of the Sun at the same time, but it's less common for most or even all the planets like this. There's an app called sky Tonight It's a free mobile app that uses your phone's hardware to gauge where you're located and shows you real time position. You'll need binoculars or a telescope to see all the planets and have clear skies. Obviously you won't see them if it's cloudy. But I'm sure astrology person is going to be Nah, you know, you're probably gonna feel a bit of sadness around noon.
Speaker 1: Because of the planets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't they Isn't that an expression too, like, Yo.
Speaker 1: The planet's all aligned?
Speaker 2: You know, that is an expression.
Speaker 4: So maybe something good can happen out of this because.
Speaker 2: Literally some planets, But it has nothing to do with the planets aligning, because if it did, every single person that was under these planets would have something good happened to them. This is very selective, but they said it's.
Speaker 1: Very rare, extremely rare.
Speaker 2: Even a lot of rare things happen every day. Yeah, a lot of rare things which ones in retrogrades.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 2: I want to know any thoughts on how we'll feel when this happens, what we should feel.
Speaker 3: No, I'm looking doesn't really seem like it's going to impact good.
Speaker 2: This not This is my other random things. Venus is three degrees off off, so you should really feel tragedy.
Speaker 1: In your or the blood moon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we know. There's a theory.
Speaker 3: Nothing I got nothing. It says it's just going to be a magical time. I don't know. It's going to be cool to see, but it's not going to impact us.
Speaker 1: Like I would play the lottery astrologically.
Speaker 2: But then if everybody played the lottery, if that was supposed to affect that everybody.
Speaker 1: Would win, well, not everyone's going to play it.
Speaker 2: Once I had a numerologist come in and do my thing. They told me I was going to be wildly rich.
Speaker 4: What's a numerologist?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 6: Like I've heard a psychologist a numerologist feels and I don't believe in it, by the way, but a numerologist is kind of like astrology and they use numbers to predict your future.
Speaker 2: They like look into the stars and crap. So, numerologist, your life.
Speaker 3: Path number, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is, the most important. Here's the life path number, the most important number calculated from your birth day, a representing your purpose and challenges in life. Then you have a destiny number derived from the full name of birth, indicating talents of potential. Then you have angel numbers repeating sequences one, one, one, two, two, two, four, f four that are believed to carry divine messages.
Speaker 3: My cousin does all of this.
Speaker 2: Then you have master numbers eleven, twenty, two, thirty three that are considered powerful and spiritually significant. Then you have compatibility numbers used to analyze relationships based on numerical vibrations. So they're basically going to look at your birthday and your name and then offer you guidance on your career, relationships, and personal growth.
Speaker 3: Come on and they oh yeah, So like whenever I was trying to sell my house, my cousin told me to put a number in my mailbox and it would make my house sell faster. And my house didn't even go on the market, it just sold.
Speaker 2: What And then yours said what that she told me I was going to be wildly rich? Okay, now, but I don't know if Yeah, I mean close, but still I don't think that that picked that.
Speaker 3: No, But so you can take there's address neurology, like you can take the numbers in your address, like you add them up and then bring them back down, so each number one through nine will represent a different thing. And I needed to make my number what you want for selling your house, which I did, so I had to go put a number of my mailbox. You don't remember me telling you Ell it was cuckoo, but I was like, hey, it's worth a shot and my house.
Speaker 2: Could that have been because your house wasn't a really great part of town that was really growing. That what I mean, it's pretty good, pretty good house.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was just really crazy how the market was market well. I hadn't even gone live yet, and I get it's.
Speaker 2: Like a amy. Selling your house is like a live stream.
Speaker 3: And it was like, hey, can we show your house? And I was like when tonight?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: It's not clean? So the kids and I power cleaned for like three hours and then we loaded the animals up in the car. We drove away and they came to look at the house, and then we got a phone call they wanted to buy it. And I was like, wow, I put that post it note in my mailbox.
Speaker 2: Let me do your new morale because I'm I just learned how to do some of it. I'm not so deep in it, but Eddie, give.
Speaker 4: Me oh, hold on, could they tell like, could you tell me like you're going to be poor for the rest of your life?
Speaker 2: I'm not to know that. Just follow it. But this is not real. You can change anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, So don't they nail the two?
Speaker 2: Not real?
Speaker 5: But what if.
Speaker 1: There's okay, what do you want to do? What do you give me?
Speaker 2: Your birthday.
Speaker 1: Can texted to you. We all know you're fifty, dude.
Speaker 2: It's okay, all right, March twenty first, so that would be three twenty one.
Speaker 1: What year seventy nine?
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy nine, So we got three plus two is five six, seven plus nine, it's fifteen twenty two, so thirty one you nervousness, very hold on thirty one and then two. Oh okay, then three plus one is four. Yes, I want it. I'm rocking over here. I'm in fact checking, and so you are a four wildly rich and so hold on, come on, man Live path number four?
Speaker 1: Oh, man, livea Is this sound familiar? Live Path number four? Oh he's not liking what he sees.
Speaker 4: No, it's not that okay, No, no, no, I'm serious. If it says you're going to be broke for the rest of your life, I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: It's not. Everything's positive in this crap, especially early on the builder and the hard worker. This is what they say you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much, I'm a hard worker and if.
Speaker 2: You're a live path. Number four, you're practical, discipline, and hard working. You thrive on structure, stability, and long term success, often acting as a foundation for those around you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, nailed it.
Speaker 2: This is not you. I'm gonna tell you why.
Speaker 1: Just just take take the work out of it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you why. There's more. No, that's.
Speaker 4: I'm not not like you guys, but like my home, I am the foundation of our house.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing with that point. But let me read it.
Speaker 1: I'm a hard worker.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Number one hard working and determined. You have a strong work ethic and believe an effort Overlook. Okay, let's just say, let's just say that's not me. That's definitely not practical and logical. You approach life with common sense and rational thinking. Yes, reliable and loyal. People trust you because you're consistent and dependable. Yes, organized and detail oriented. You prefer structure and routines. Negative, traditional and discipline, you value stability long term plant.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's not me.
Speaker 2: Challenges can be rigid or resistant. No, you're not rigid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, not rigid.
Speaker 2: See this is this is all stupid.
Speaker 3: Are you sure we did the math right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because if it's three twenty one nineteen seventy nine three plus two is you just said one of six eddie plus one is seven plus nine is sixteen sixteen plus seven is twenty six twenty six. I might have done the math wrong. Oh, okay, wildly rich old hold about five six seven plus nine is sixteen twenty three. Oh I missed it by one, even with amy fact check thirty two. No, I did it was math the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I fact checked thirty one three plus one is four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did the math wrong. There have a lot of numbers. Quick here out of your five, let's go, come on, what's five? Wildly rich live path five.
Speaker 4: Don't need retirement because it's gonna come anyway, because you're gonna be wildly rich.
Speaker 2: I don't think it says that stuff in. This person that did mine did a whole new a whole numerology thing where they pulled out all these charts and all this crew. It was like to me, like thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, yours is like the free version.
Speaker 2: Yours is the free spirit.
Speaker 1: He's there. Yeah, Like I'm not a hippie, but I'm a free.
Speaker 2: You are a free spirit. Okay. Adventures boom, love it and read them loving this routine. This is way more you because you were not the other one. Not charismatic and social, risk taker and opportunistic. Maybe in other parts may avoid responsibility or stability and pursuit of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you've learned to balance freedom with response.
Speaker 2: Tends to over indulge in pleasures love, travel, food. Yeah, that's on me for adding wrong.
Speaker 4: The money, money, money, Okay, dude, I.
Speaker 2: Swear to God, I'm looking wildly. Challenge is what you're passionate, spontaneous. You need a partner who gives you space and trusts you. Your mission in life is to experience the word fully, world fully and inspire others to embrace change, may boundaries, explore new ideas. It doesn't say anything about money. Let me ask, let me see it's not good amy career path five. When it comes to I guess it's life path.
Speaker 3: Yeah, life path, it says Bobby, so I looked it up quickly. It says it depends on how they channel their natural talents and manage their challenges. Interesting, I don't know that you manage.
Speaker 1: I don't have a manager.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Lifetime money, the relationship with wealth and finances. Yes, if you have a life path number five. Your relationship with money is often tied to freedom, adventure, of flexibility rather than strict budgeting and financial stability.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See that's where budget.
Speaker 1: But long term though.
Speaker 3: You do budget, though you got out of debt.
Speaker 1: I did. I did get out of debt.
Speaker 4: You know it is that's because I like the fire was lit and I was like, I need to get out of debt. Now that we're out of debt, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, impulsive spending is a pitfall, it says, no inconsistent saving habits. Impulsive spending would be gambling dud dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I have fifty dollars a month. I hear you, it's all I have.
Speaker 2: You want more, love more?
Speaker 3: But do you do more if you win more? Like, say you have the fifty and your.
Speaker 4: Fifty gone five months without putting any money in, and I just make more and I'm at playmore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wonder what mine would be. I'll do mine quickly.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I had the math up six seven and nine is sixteen and eight is twenty four six. Let's see if this is right. You double check mine amy life path six, life path six. This is not right on me? I much added this wrong. This could not be any more wrong on me? Six seven, sixteen. Yeah, mine's wrong. Mine could not be more wrong. Mine's life path six is the nurturer and caregiver, family oriented. It could be you that that's not like I'm not a nurturer, can be overly sacrificing. Might struggle with setting boundaries. Nope, I win the Olympics in boundaries setting. Yeah, I feel like this is me. Oh, I does say anyway, I'm kind of bored anyway, but yeah, i'd one come in and do a whole chart. And they pulled up all the stars and they did numbers and then stars, and they were like, you're gonna be wildly rich. And I was like, you say that to everybody, you say that to all the girls.
Speaker 1: It's pretty awesome anyway.
Speaker 2: All the planets are gonna line up, it's gonna be magical.
Speaker 4: And that you can see it with binoculars. That's cool, Like usually you needed like a whole telescope or something to see all that stuff.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: In recent years you might have heard talk about a potential project that would see an undersea tunnel creating New York City with London. The Transatlantic Tunnel has been backed by Elon Musk, who says he can create the thing for a thousand times less than the nineteen trillion dollar figure. Tunnels underwater are crazy, yeah, but this would be a thirty four hundred mile trip. It can be done through vacuum tubes, which would make it possible to complete the journey in fifty four minutes. Current calculations suggest building the Transatlantic Tunnel would take about seven hundred eighty years.
Speaker 1: Do what but but it's gotta start somewhere.
Speaker 2: I think what would happen isulous. With the technology we have today, it would take seven hundred eighty years. But you do it with the understanding of technology will get faster, will learn more as we're doing it, and hopefully it's like setting a GPS and then beating that time you set your GPS, it's like fifty three minutes. You're like, I could beat that I could be there in forty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: I love doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you race your GP. That would be basically what this would require like with what we know now seven hundred and forty years. But hopefully we can get it done in sixty three years.
Speaker 1: Gosh, that'd be crazy.
Speaker 2: Police and Columbia caught a man with more than ten thousand dollars in cocaine into his wig. He had sewed it into his wig.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 2: TMC has a story. Colombia's National police were shocked and they busted a guy trying to board a plane wearing a Narco wig a disguise hiding forty two million Colombian pesos, which was about ten thousand dollars United States worth of cocaine. I'd be so nervous.
Speaker 1: And what did his hair look like? Was it like just really poofed up?
Speaker 2: You wonder too if he had long hair and then shaved it off and then put a wig that looked like his original hair with all the stuff tied into it. Because he has to have a picture. You have to have a picture to board, especially if you're going anything overseas, Like they look at a picture to make sure it's you whenever you get to go.
Speaker 1: Through the check. Yeah. But like you've seen my ID.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, if you're bald and then you have, all of a sudden you have long hair, they're not going to go They're gonna be like this is not or something's weird. If you have long hair, you shave it and then you put more hair on top. No one's gonna think anything different about your hair because it looks normal.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what's up.
Speaker 1: Doesn't look right.
Speaker 2: They're cutting it off his head. It looked like the hair system that you had, Oh it was.
Speaker 1: It was a system.
Speaker 2: And underneath it it's like looks like it's lined with all these cocaine packs, but it looks like it's marshmallows, like flat marshmallows all underneath it. And that went onto his head and they're cutting it off and he's there just like yeah, you got me.
Speaker 4: What's funny now, is I can tell when someone's wearing a system, like watching TV, like dude's got system. Really, yeah, I can tell.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: It's all about the line, the front line. It's just it doesn't look one natural because that line is usually late yours did no, no, and then in the jeep do when the wind would flow, that line would start rattling a little bit.
Speaker 2: I thought yours was great.
Speaker 4: I thought so too.
Speaker 2: I thought that was great.
Speaker 1: I kind of liked the bald field.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, but you weren't bald then. That is actually what created the look now, because you had to shave your head to put that on, and then you just stayed bald. So I would say you grew from that hair system, sure, because you would never shaved your head bald.
Speaker 4: I think because of the hair system. This is what I decided to go with.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do a mineral. We'll break. Let's do some voicemails. Number one Dylan from Arizona.
Speaker 7: Hey, I was porn to see what interesting day or holidays that your kids get.
Speaker 5: Out of school or as you were growing up around here.
Speaker 8: We get out for rodeo break.
Speaker 7: My kids got out Thursday and Friday for rodeo break.
Speaker 5: So I was just carrying how different it was in other parts of the country.
Speaker 2: That's really interesting. We STI get out first couple of days of deer season because everybody, yeah, that's cool. Yeah, because everybody would miss so and there are a certain amount of days that they can distribute to do whatever. I'm not sure what they are, but I know there are days they pick. And so we got out of the first two days of deer season basically every year, not at first, but everybody was missed. So they were like, we'll just put these days here since nobody's coming anyway. That's awesome, you normal stuff, teachers in service armously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have anything like that. No, but I mean I wish I grew up somewhere where we got off.
Speaker 2: A rodeo day. Gotta have a lot of rodeos, I know, but.
Speaker 3: That that would mean I was in that world growing up. I always wanted to be in the rodeo world. You did, yes, my half sister, that's how they grew up. They grew up in West Texas. They would have rattlesnake round up. They would do all the dances and show their animals.
Speaker 1: What you want to do.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to have that life. I wanted to like have a small town. I wanted to be in future Farmers of America.
Speaker 4: But like legit, No, but I mean in the rodeo what was your event?
Speaker 3: No, I want to just be a part of it, Like I don't want to be in the rodeo ooh mutton busted. I mean, well, if I was a kid, but yeah, if I was a writer, if I rode horses or something. But I don't have to be an athlete participating. I just want to be in it.
Speaker 1: Like you go to it, you.
Speaker 3: Do the dance, the concerts, but you're like a part of it.
Speaker 2: Like you know, everybody did you feel like Austin kind of but not really like it was like posery a little bit.
Speaker 3: Because it no Austin had that. My sister would come to town for the Austin Live Soccer rodeo. She goes to Dallas Fort Worth for that stuff that all now her kids do it, so she's my sister's still doing it and that that's their world, that's their life, like they have trucks and they haul animals.
Speaker 2: But I guess my point is if you celebrate rodeo day, that would mean it would be all the time, like or significant in the city Austin. It really wasn't significant. It was kind of a thing coming through town.
Speaker 3: Right, But she would come to town for that sort of stuff. I mean, I'm sure some people in Austin were very involved in that, but I just didn't. Yeah, I didn't get off school for it. Didn't live that life, but I always wanted it.
Speaker 2: Eddie.
Speaker 4: We didn't have a really like a day that we always got up. But I'll never forget when Selena died, we all got the day off.
Speaker 2: That's a cultural day off.
Speaker 1: That's a big deal down there.
Speaker 2: Morgan, what about Kansas, I don't think we had any specialty day corn.
Speaker 3: No, there was no like you know, a week season and it's happening.
Speaker 1: I don't think there was any of that.
Speaker 3: But to Eddie's point, I mean I do remember nine to eleven we got out of school, they released all of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did too. I think nine to eleven was a whole different Sure all of America did that. Let's do voicemail number two.
Speaker 8: Good morning and Howdy Bobby Brown Show. It's going to comment on Howdy for the day fame for Arizona. It's actually a big deal here, especially in Pema County. The rodeo is a big deal out here. So the kids actually get Thursdays and Fridays off of school. But such a big deal, so we could we go the parade, go to the rodeo, keep them from all over the world come and complete. So how do He's actually very appropriate for Arizona.
Speaker 2: God bless two rodeo calls and about and back to back. I didn't know that was gonna be. Yeah, I don't know howdy to me. I don't live there, though, And I said that because people in Arizona wanted Howdy is official greeting? Like, I'm sure there is a selection of folks, but unfairly, I don't think of Arizona as a howdy state. I think of more cowboy hats as howdy. And I'm sure there are a lot of cowboys in Arizona, for sure, ranches and everything. But I think Arizona's a hey, what's up? Normal traditional greeting, but from being in Phoenix or Scottsdelle or Tucson or But I'm sure howd he works with the large collection of Arizonians Scuba. Is that what they're called Arizonians?
Speaker 1: I honestly don't know. I'm just calling people from Arizona.
Speaker 2: It's got to have something. What do we think it is? I think it's Arizonians.
Speaker 1: Arizonians has a nice ring to it.
Speaker 2: It sounds.
Speaker 1: Nars is even better.
Speaker 2: We should be better. Let's see, is it Arizonians, Mike.
Speaker 9: Because that would be good if it was Arizonans.
Speaker 2: Arizonans. I don't hate it Arizona. It sounds like an alien. I like that, though it feels more foreign, like them from another planet.
Speaker 7: Let's go number three and her job talking about tipping. I do DoorDash.
Speaker 8: We only get two dollars per order.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter if it's going five miles, ten miles, or one mile.
Speaker 3: So they're proud they pay USh.
Speaker 8: You should let your listeners know that, because I know a lot of people think when they got all this funny, when we don't.
Speaker 3: We work for tips.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I don't want people to be confused here. She's not talking about the money they make for tips.
Speaker 1: They get what they make.
Speaker 2: They get two dollars per order into door Dash, regardless if it's a mile or ten miles. And then that's why they depend on tipping. So she's not saying we only get two dollars regardless of what you tip, because I think it could have been misconstruted. Yeah, so she's saying for every order, door Dash pays us two dollars. That's it, and they rely on tipping to actually make their money. That's crazy because they're probably spending close to that in gas just picking it up and going makes sense. Yeah, did it sound like she was talking about tipping first, like that's what they make?
Speaker 3: No, but I I was. I'm just taking in that. I didn't know what they actually made or how they got paid other than tips, So that is helpful to know.
Speaker 2: Ray, I hear you can't do Uber anymore.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my driver's license expired, so they said I had to redo all the documentation and submitting of forms, and I just decided the time has come that I think I'm done with Uber. I did a couple of rides, made some fast cash from it. It was a good run, but I'm not going to renew any of my documents.
Speaker 2: How'd that work? Where they paid you? Is there a set rate for like this, like it's just five bucks every time? Or does it matter how far you travel? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think I got it did matter, but they were in Nashville. Every ride's pretty much the exact same distance. But it was two rides seven miles and I got right around a dollar a mile, so it was fourteen dollars and they paid me next day straight to my bank account. No taxes, It's up to you to take out the taxes.
Speaker 2: Wait, you only did two Uber drives. Ever, hm, I thought you did more than that. Thought I did at least a couple days I wanted to do.
Speaker 10: It would be a Friday night and I'd look at my app and there would be twenty people that wanted me, and it would show the price is how much I can get for each one.
Speaker 2: And wife would.
Speaker 10: Always say, would you please just chill with me? It's you don't need a second job. And I was like, all right, but.
Speaker 2: It was you did all the work to do it just for to drive twice. What's the work you had to do to be accepted?
Speaker 10: Oh, you got to submit your birth certificate, probably your driver's license, how you're a driver, your driver history for two drives.
Speaker 2: You did all that and only did two drives.
Speaker 10: I wanted to do more. I really did, but it was on the weekends and my wife wanted me to be off.
Speaker 2: I always feel like when I ordered Uber eats, say for sure, if there's two people in the car, one of them made my food a little bit. If there was anything open and there are two people, I don't always think that would one. But if there are two, I think that for sure they've had a couple of little bites. If there's anything loose like fries, I know they had a couple fries. Like I don't know, no, but I feel like they probably did.
Speaker 1: So, Like how much is uber? Like what is the caller? She was?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Or for who DoorDash door dash? So there's the price of the food, right, I'd say it's like fifteen dollars, yes, And then what do they add?
Speaker 2: So there's a fee, a delivery fee, and she's saying that of the delivery fee, she's only getting two dollars of it, because the delivery fee can be anything from three, four or five ten dollars. So there's a delivery fee, and they're taking her money out of the fee, and they're getting a significant part of the money too, Okay. And then the tip I know on uber eats it says the tip fully goes to the driver, the person who's driving. I don't use door dash. I used to use it more I just now dial into one whichever one it was. I don't know why I settle on uberats for now because I just like to give it information so it can tell me what I like. So I don't think that one's better than the other, because they've all been good. But for some reason I settled on Uber eats because they had more information. Because the more I order stuff at certain times, if I go back to it, it's like this is your normal. You may also like this.
Speaker 3: I use both the every like if you do delivery or pick up, or when you're in like say you're at Chipotle, say you get a bowl, it's ten dollars, but on the app it's going to be eleven or twelve. Sure, everything, so then but that's sneaky because it's not part of the like your delivery price. It's just like everything's more expensive. But you know, you may not realize, like I didn't realize that was happening until to.
Speaker 2: The restaurant or the door dash. I guess I have been trying to limit my Uber eating. I can get out of control with that. That's been the one thing I've really.
Speaker 1: Tried to get because it's awesome.
Speaker 2: You just click and I know, yeah, no, it's like magic.
Speaker 3: Teenagers have this weird thing of like now they just want to and you know, my daughter and her friends, they work and they DoorDash something the other day and I was, do you realize how much you just paid for this?
Speaker 2: Because she's paying for it.
Speaker 3: They paid for it with their own money, her and her friend. And her friend works at publics and then to share has a job as well. But I was like, so, you're how much you get paid to publics? And she tells me per hour and I'm like, what you just you just DoorDash some popcorn that took you two hours of work, like to pay for this microwave popcorn, Like y'all could have gotten in the car and driven to the store.
Speaker 2: What's her response?
Speaker 3: They just they just were like, yeah, what was worth it? We were really craving in we didn't want to leave, And I'm like, wow, I know, but I was like I just couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: It's all priority and so I.
Speaker 3: Know, and they had their own job, Like I would freak out if I was a parent and that was my I saw a bill and I'm like, you, that's so irresponsible. I can't believe you just paid that much for popcorn when you could have so but I just.
Speaker 4: Did that with my kids and gas like they're just like, Dad, why do you always go like that way to get gas. I'm like, let me show you something. So I took him to If I took a left out of my neighborhood and went like half a mile the gas, there was three dollars and fifty cents a gallon. If I went to my right to another part of town, for like same distance, it was two dollars and fifty cents a gallon. And they're like, what the crap is that? Oh dude, it's crazy the way it's zoned in this town. If it's a nice neighborhood, it's a super expensive gas. If it's a poor neighborhood, it's so cheap. And they're just like okay. So I made them do the math. I'm like, all right, how much acount? We just got fifteen gowns of gas? How much is that?
Speaker 1: How much did we save? It was a great lesson.
Speaker 2: You know, daddy can gamble on basketball now because we bought we bought different guy. Right, let's go the next one. Ray Hannah from Indiana, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Bobby Bone Show. I'm a podcast listener and I work third shifts, so I call them, I leave voicemails, and I was curious like how does the voicemail process work? Like who listens to them? Do they get listened to every day? And if they do get listened to, Man, you guys have a chiller team because I can only imagine the amount of voicemails that you get, especially for me.
Speaker 2: So it's a great question because I don't know that I know the full answer to that. So my my best guess is we have a program much like your iPhone. If you get a text and it's a voice memo, it will read out the voice memo to you. Do you have that? Okay, I'm assuming that's what we have scuba right where you see all the messages and it does its best job to write out what the messages say.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and it's usually eighty five percent incorrect. So then I have to so that I have to go through and listen to every single one of them, really and then find the ones that are usable of those thousands that we get over a few day period, and the one I'll have to say this, just if you guys are sending a voicemail, please keep it to like thirty seconds or least. The ones that are three to five minutes, they just really irk me.
Speaker 2: I would assume, and I wouldn't that you don't listen to anything three to five minutes. I would stop and be like, this is unless it's something just so compelling.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Usually don't listen to James for Virginia because he'll leave a long one and it's usually said I can find nuggets in there to edit it down to like twenty thirty seconds, but anyone else if it's over a minute and a half two minutes, you're wasting your time.
Speaker 2: So Scuba will go through. And this is very similar to how Mike goes to the mailbag because there's so many I don't even look are you judging mailbag off of subjects?
Speaker 1: Subjects?
Speaker 9: Sometimes there are search phrases too. I'd be like, this is an interesting pbula. See if anybody said anything, yeah, and then I'll find something like oh, here's a good one.
Speaker 2: And you can't possibly read every one of them fully.
Speaker 1: It's impossible.
Speaker 9: There's thousands of emails in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we don't want to encourage people not to send it in, but no, yeah.
Speaker 1: Please send it in.
Speaker 11: But if you really want to get on the air, the parameters are say your name, where you're calling from, and then give me a good solid.
Speaker 1: Thirty seconds maybe forty five.
Speaker 11: Seconds of what you're trying to get to get on the air, question, feedback, whatever I.
Speaker 9: Would say with the mail bag in the subject line. Put something good in there, get a good hook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, veenis not.
Speaker 3: Penis Well I'm saying. Sometimes you can tell that people get nervous and they may ramble on. But people will type out what they want to say, and they kind of oh.
Speaker 2: They read, they write a script like them.
Speaker 3: Yes, they say like hey, which you know, it's good to just go free flow, but if you really want to be concise, because I could probably ramble ram or ramball in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I leave us a voicemail. Eight seven seven seventy seven. Bobby is the number. We do see them all, but at first it is very much I preview and then Scuba will go in on the things he thinks is interesting. Right, fair yeah, fair, Yeah, yeah, let's go with the next one. Ray.
Speaker 7: You know, I listen to this station all the time, but for some reason, whoever's selecting the songs, you're driving me nuts because you're playing the same songs over and over. There are a million of coming songs out there. Please change the divisions.
Speaker 2: Hear you, I can talk you through kind of why it happens. I'm so not involved in the music process, I mean at all. I can take a song I really like and play it, and I do that occasionally, but I'm not involved in music selection at all. So there are a couple of different things that happen. One the local stations that were on, they have the ability they're supposed to play a couple songs an hour, right Scuba, Yeah, yeah, locally they with our affiliates, yeah, do they They have a couple of places they can play a song, right, there's a couple of filler spots, yes, Okay, so they could be playing the song or because we're a national show and we don't play that much music. The only songs that you're going to hear on our show as scheduled by I don't know who does it. Gator, Yeah, Gator or not Rod.
Speaker 11: It's I think Rod appruves of but Gator schedule is it.
Speaker 2: It's all my Kittie, I think puts it into the system heavily researched, meaning they do these things online where they go listen to these songs, tell us what you like, and that's really how they pick the songs, so nobody's sitting there for the most part, just going I like the song, let's play it and on our show on the national sections, they're picking the biggest seven or eight songs that are the big hits right then, or a song that is quote testing as a recurrent, like an older song from the two thousands, even the nineties that's testing really high with the same audience, so you're gonna hear that now. If you hear a new song twice, it means you've probably listened for two hours or you've come back within the last two hours. Again, based on research, most people do not have the ability to listen for any more than like twelve minutes. So what they do as programmers, and this doesn't happen in the country world. It happens more in the pop world, but it does happen here. They will take a song and go, well, the average person's only listening for twelve minutes. In ninety minutes, we'll play the biggest song again, because yes, there might be some burn with some people, but it will be better overall because there will be playing a massive hit for different audiences and that's a better benefit than having the burn from that select few that you're able to last for the two hours. So there's math there even with our segments, like if we're if it's like an early early segment that crushes and I used to not do this, but we'll play it again two and a half hours later because the people that heard it at five point thirty are not going to be listening at seven thirty. Now as a podcast listener, you're never going to hear that because unless there's a screw up, you won't hear that same segment doubled. But it's also why we do a lot of extra work on the podcast where we do post shows, we do segments that are just on the podcast that don't go on the radio. So that is based on the amount of time someone listens to the radio through whatever research they have and they're doing. But I completely understand how that would be frustrating, Like I feel that also for us. For me, we don't listen to songs while we're here. If we do happen to play a song, we play like if we do two or three an hour if there's a song on, Like I'm looking at notes, I'm talking with Mike Hey, Handy this. Do you want to do this? We don't like jam music. Restroom break, Yeah, go to the bathroom and then it's back in in three minutes. So I gotta hear you, and you're absolutely right for feeling that way. But know that you are an anomaly someone who listens for that long, or you could be someone who just comes back. I can hear the same thing. I hope I explained that in a way that made sense. Let's do. Eduardo from Jacksonville, North Carolina.
Speaker 7: Hey, Warren, Bobby saw you on the post show giving up the shoes or and a half trying to see if I could maybe get those with your autographs.
Speaker 5: That'd be really dope.
Speaker 7: Man, Appreciate everything you do.
Speaker 8: Peace out.
Speaker 4: I love the Pedro and Eduardo were the two guys antil tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Eduardo is get us get his number, Scuba, I got you. Yeah, and we'll put them on all right?
Speaker 1: Cool? You one second?
Speaker 2: You want to put them on right now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, we'll let them play a game we'll put.
Speaker 1: On later on the weak oo s.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, there's that. See if there's anything else before we go, I mean we could play now we're good, Ray, how much what have we got both parts.
Speaker 1: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: We long enough twenty three on both parts or just twenty three on this one.
Speaker 11: I think the first one was about twenty. So we're good.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you guys. We're gonna wrap up the post show for today and then we will see you guys tomorrow, alright. Bybody