Speaker 1: Right shut open that DJ more ensode touchdown, touchdown, Paars.
Speaker 2: I am Jeff joniaclitz is.
Speaker 3: On dot go hus.
Speaker 2: What was like playing for coach good Do?
Speaker 1: I don't want to answer any questions like that pressure coming is a big trouble. Donnie Goes Motest Sweat.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Bears et cetera brought to you by Geico with the voices of the Bears Jeff Joniac and Tom Fayer.
Speaker 1: Well more challenges for the Bears, this time of the offensive line. As we got ready to see the La Rams it sold your field on Sunday at noon. Welcome into Bears ETCA podcast number ninety seven, and this episode is brought to you by Geico with Super Bowl winning Bears guard Tom Sayer. I'm Jeff Joniac. Darnell Wright has a back issue. Not saying he's out, but he's not going to practice on Wednesday. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.
Speaker 2: But now you're back in the shuffle mode and figuring out the best fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know again, their fortune to have a guy like Matt Pryor, who I think he's got the versatility and the power to play any position. And then if you have a guy like Nate Davis have missed a little action last week, he's got to be inserted back in the lineup and the line has to expect not to miss a beat. And so that's just part of the process of professional football, because if you look around the NFL, there's a lot of offensive linemen that are missing time right now, and you can't blame results on it. It's just a matter of That's why you have ninety guys at the start of training camp, fifty three guys on a game day roster, and a practice squad of guys waiting for their opportunity.
Speaker 1: One of the interesting names we're going to hear is Karanamagaji, the rookie out of Yale from Hinsdale. He has not been able to get into games yet working through that quad injury, but he's been practicing. He's been getting reps of practice, and that's say consideration.
Speaker 2: Right there as well, what's your thought on that.
Speaker 5: Well, it's only the physical part I have to make my determination on because he's been around meetings since he's got drafted here with the Bears, so mentally he's going to be up and ready to go. It's just a matter of you put him in a comfort zone where he could be the most confident football player he can possibly be at this level after playing in the IVY League. So I have a lot of faith in his athleticism, what I've seen out of him and where his career is going. But there's nothing like getting over the first experience of playing at an NFL level.
Speaker 2: But he also move inside at guard.
Speaker 5: He's got the skill set, he's got the temple, and he's got the frame, he's got the feet that he could play anywhere on the offensive line. It's just that I think you have to go through an evaluation process with Chris Morgan in the entire offensive staff to see where do you think that he is the most confident football player, because there's other guys out there that can If he's okay, if he's not one hundred percent confident at tackle and he's got the ability to play on the inside, then who is the next man up at the tackle position? And it's just some explora tour work that you have to do. And that's the one thing about Chris Morgan is he does it since the beginning of their evaluability and he's got a pretty good feel on who fits the best wearer.
Speaker 2: Matt Pryor played right guard last week. Big dude.
Speaker 1: He also has tackle ability. What was robral analysis of the big guy up front?
Speaker 5: You know, the more reps he gets, the better he's going to be. Wherever he plays, he gives you a definite impact and a powerful run blocking philosophy, whether it's having a single block at the point of attack or being involved in the double team. He's got the athleticism to go up to the second level to block anybody from a defensive back to a linebacker. So the Bears are fortunate to have Matt Pryor. He's got a lot of experience, and like you said in his introduction last week, he's a mountain of a man, and so he takes up a lot of space. And I think he can really put a center if he plays offensive guard, or he can put a guard or a tight end into a powerful comfort zone. It all matter where he does play.
Speaker 1: Thanks like Miller time, go to millerke dot com slash bears pot to find delivery options near you. Celebrate responsibly. Middle Brewing Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Ninety six calories and three point two carbs per twelve ounces. We also heard as we have every Wednesday and we always have to play it is Caleb Williams, the Bears quarterback. Always interesting thoughts. A guy who's always in the moment when it comes to taking the microphone, whether it be an interview and a sit down or at the podium, lots to say about one of his favorite quarterbacks in the NFL, Matthew Stafford. Let listen in and hear what he had to say about the Rams starting quarterback and more on the Bears offense.
Speaker 3: I've really started watching Megatron obviously all the I mean getting triple covered and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: And then I got a little older and kind.
Speaker 3: Of realized how good Matthew Stafford is at his job. And so I think that started at a young age, but it originally started watching and I guess seeing the highlights of Megatron.
Speaker 6: And then what about Stafford's games?
Speaker 3: You really, yeah, he out first I'll say he controls the game as a as a quarterback. He knows how to get in and out of things efficiently, efficiently. He knows where people are going to be, knows where the defensive players are going to be, so he can move them on a string. And so, uh, you know, watching him be able to move defenders, you know, be able to you know, move and maneuver in the pocket and still deliver you know, some some nice passes down the field or you know, even just getting the ball to your back and allow him to go to work, you know, keeping the ball in play and you know a bunch of different arm angles and you know things like that. So you know he's been doing it for a while and so watching something like that, that that's you know how the you know success that he's had, you know, they want to learn from that. So you know it's gonna be exciting to go again some coming.
Speaker 6: On a Sunday.
Speaker 5: You expressed the need for constant communication as this offense tries to find itself.
Speaker 6: What does that require from you? And and what do you hope that looks like from the group at large as you guys figure.
Speaker 2: This thing out.
Speaker 3: Rub Yeah, so at first starts with me, you know, able to be a better communicator too, you know the the you know, the coaches, the players and things like that about you know, I guess I would say a little bit more things that you know, I I I like a little bit more for certain situations or you know, being a little bit more communicative and and and talking, uh, you know to those those guys that are out there, you know, with us, what they're seeing and things like that. And then you'll get to the sideline and being able to handle things properly on the sideline, and and and understand that, you know, we have another drive. We have this and that when we're in practice, when we're in throughout the week, and things like that in our off time throughout the week, making sure we communicate properly to make sure that we're you know, running things that work well with us, you know, myself included in that, and and and things that you know that we haven't may have had too many reps on the routes or things like that over you know, these past three or four months of being here. You know that we we communicate that and just making sure we're running things that we're all comfortable with that are obviously good plays that work well against other teams, but you know, more importantly, things that you know, we know and that that we feel comfy running.
Speaker 6: And Shane asked you for that.
Speaker 7: Input ors that have to come from you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So, so Shane and I have talked about it.
Speaker 3: And We've talked about it throughout the weeks, but just been a little bit more in depth. I would say, as what is what we've kind of come to after this past game, been a little bit more in depth about it, I would say, is the you know, kind of what kind of the adjustment we've made since after this last game.
Speaker 7: Is it hard to feel comfortable doing that as a rookie.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't say it's it's uncomfortable. He has to call the plays and I have to go out there and execute.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: We have alerts and stuff like that that I can change and route concepts that I can change depending on, you know, whatever case may be. But he does have to call him and I also have to go out there and execute. So to be able to go out there and you know, make decisions and split seconds you know, hesitation and and and and being you know, not being decisive. I think that that leads into the first part about it is not being comfy and so uh for for certain plays or whatever case may be, or certain routes, I think that that's the biggest thing. And so me being able to communicate with him is important to understand that, and I have to do consistently.
Speaker 6: What do you encourages you most about where the offense is right now? Yeah, I think I think we're constantly getting better.
Speaker 3: I think, Uh there's a lot of new and as we all know, wide receivers, running backs and quarterback and feel offensive lineman and all these different you know parts and things like that, and you know, us us constantly having the encouragement mindset, but also the positivity that we see on the actual film you know, if you if you actually watch it and you know, not get into all.
Speaker 6: The emotions of the game.
Speaker 3: Uh, the positivity that we have and the growth that we're you know, the slow growth that we're having.
Speaker 6: Yes, we do need to get it going a little bit, you.
Speaker 3: Know, more efficiently than we are, you know, but the growth and positivity that we have within the film that we've seen and things like that over these past couple of weeks.
Speaker 8: Is a guy who likes to be involved in the offense even though he's a defensive guy. What has his role bean in his last week or so and trying as you're trying to get this offense, you know, get going, how how much influences he had and what's his roleman?
Speaker 2: And trying to get this going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's in the room. He's but he's been in the room since training camp, new new quarterback, new OC and things like that. Uh, he's been in the room helping out as much as he could, whether it's you know, us asking him how he sees this, you know what what works best with this. So it's I think he's been helpful, you know, throughout my time here of just being in the room because of how much knowledge he has of.
Speaker 6: Of the defense and defenses that you know that that he's seen. So he's been great. He's been helpful. The good Keenan back practice. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: I mean to have a guy obviously, as we know Keenan Allen back, it's gonna be you know, it's gonna be great for our offense.
Speaker 6: It's just something else that the defense has.
Speaker 3: To worry about throughout this week and obviously on game day.
Speaker 6: And so it's gonna be great for us.
Speaker 3: You know, his his special talent of getting open and you know in the phone booth is it's gonna be great for us.
Speaker 7: It's it been like for you to process information after games, to look through game film, and I assume it's a lot more corrections than what you had on a typical day after game in college. What's it been like for you to take all of that higher volume and try to apply.
Speaker 3: It to practice to the next game or which is moving forward?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I would imagine that there, am I is that correct as far as just a basis of the question, that there's a lot more to go through than what you had after a game.
Speaker 3: Uh, give and take, we probably ran more plays in college, Yes, corrections and things like that. I think, Uh, I think both places are are very detailed that I've been in uh here and I guess you could say three, but I was with Lincoln for all three of those, so you know, both places here and and and being with Lincoln, I think both places are detailed, you know, having detailed coaching and and corrections after games and things like that. So you know, there may be you know, more motions and things like that. But other than that, I mean, I think I think both places are you know, well coached.
Speaker 6: I think both.
Speaker 3: Places are detail oriented. And uh, you know, I think I think from me taking the information and you know, the constant growth throughout the season is really important for me.
Speaker 6: One in my career and then two, uh for Chicago Bears. And so.
Speaker 3: You know, just just being coachable in any any way possible that I can be want to be coached. Being coached one of details, you know each week, and so I just have to go out there and execute, do my job and help Chicago Bears win games.
Speaker 4: You just said after or just again in terms of like how fast you are processing and what the protection can execute as a work in progress, what can you do from from your perspective to get those two in sick?
Speaker 6: Yeah, one I can.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 3: I can keep communicating to it offensive line and and positivity, constructive criticism, things like that to them.
Speaker 6: And then uh, you know how I how I am.
Speaker 3: Maybe in the pocket, how I feel about you know, certain things in the pocket.
Speaker 6: So they just have it in mind when they're conscious. And then.
Speaker 3: That's a cool thing about football is that everything is a work in progress. You know, we all haven't been together for two three years, and so uh, you know, to get in the live battle with these guys and go out there and you know, fight with them is really important for I think the confidence of all of us to get up now after a bad play, go and celebrate with them. After a good play. You know, I think I think those things. I think those things go a long way. And then off the field wise, you know, hanging out with them, being with them, I think it builds a connection throughout.
Speaker 6: The year, and I think it's gonna keep growing. You were pretty surprised.
Speaker 2: You're pretty surprised on Sunday when we told you through the ball two times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but as you guys try to get the running game going, do you have to kind of fight the feeling that you have to put this entire offense on your shoulders until you can effectively.
Speaker 3: No, I don't fight any feelings of that. You know, I'm I'm more of a guy that And I said this. I was talking to Shane this more I mean, and like you, like I just said before, communication wise, just talking to him this Morning's like I gotta throw the ball fifty times.
Speaker 6: I got to throw the ball fifty times.
Speaker 3: But if we're in a flow and we're running the ball, we're getting four yards of pop on the on the play and things like that. You know, let's keep let's keep handing the ball off to our running backs and being let them be special. So, like I said, you know whatever, like I said on you know, Sunday after the game. Whatever it takes to win the game is what I'm gonna do and what I'm happy to do.
Speaker 6: That's what it's. What I'm here to do is win games. So we've got to get it going.
Speaker 3: I've got to get the offense going, got to get the run game going, and things like that.
Speaker 6: I gotta be better.
Speaker 3: Would not turn the ball over and and and and a lot more. So you know we're gonna be better. We're excited for this week. I'm gonna go against the l A Rams, you know, at our hometown. I know everybody's gonna be happy and rowdy to you know, to be there.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 1: I know he loves Tom Brady. I know he loves Aaron Rodgers. He sought out both in conversation. But he's always had uh A great respect for Matthew Stafford, how he controls a and his name has come up repeatedly, and he's not wrong. Matthew Stafford's in charge has been since his rookie year. He's had a long career. He gets rid of the ball quickly and he plays from that pocket. What else about Stafford's game? Before you get into what else Caleb said about the Bears sticks out to you as it pertains to this game against the Bears on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Okay, And this is a real sticking point for me, Jeff in this game is the intelligence of Matthew Stafford. I think it's going to be the most challenging game for the defense so far this year. Manda Man, scheme to scheme level to the level, because you are not going to fool Matthew Stafford at the line of scrimmage. He's going to understand exactly what he sees across the line of scrimmage from him, He's going to know how to stick with the player, make the change. He's going to take advantage of your vulnerabilities. So if he is making a determination through the course of the week of tape study that hey, this aspect, this element of their game is not as strong is I think our offensive firepower is, and then you're going to look to be attacked. But Matthew Stafford is a guy that he's going to come into the Bears stadium Sunday, no matter how loud the crowd is, He's going to be in control of the line of scrimmage because of experience, intelligence, and he's played there before, and.
Speaker 2: With Caleb, you know you can't.
Speaker 1: So much is expected obviously, and he does not shy away from it one bit. He does not make excuses. He does not look like this is going to be too big for him. But you can't be everything right now. You just can't get everything right right now. You fight for it every single rep, every single day in practice. I'm expecting at week four at home to feel like, okay, the start of maybe getting into a comfort zone a little bit, because you learn something new every single game, and he learned a lot in the last game throwing fifty two passes. What did you hear from him today? That gives you confidence for Sunday.
Speaker 5: Everything I'm gonna do going forward is going to be for Caleb, and whatever happens, however it goes. Whatever I have to do to make Caleb the most complete quarterback I can possibly make him, then that's what I'm gonna do. When Caleb Williams, you know, evaluates his performance through the eyes, the ears, the play calling of Shane Waldron and how he feels himself and how he looks at his next opponent in his past opponent. Everything I'm doing going forward. The rest of the year is going to do everything to play into the improvement of Caleb Williams and how his future is going to fit into the Chicago Bears. There's a lot of strings you have to pull, and there's a lot of different ways that you're going to face opponents week to week. But you know, when Caleb walks away from the podium each week, I'm as impressed as I was the last week because he knows exactly what he's saying. He knows how his improvement factors into the Bears as a football team, but now as a coaching staff from Matt Aberflus and being in the room and helping him understand defenses better to Caleb understanding more about NFL defenses the more he plays them. Whatever you can do to increase the performance of Caleb, that's what I'm going to look at week and week in and week out.
Speaker 1: You know what, It's interesting, he doesn't have he's twenty two. He doesn't he doesn't have the luxury of being twenty two, right Like, mentally, he's not twenty two good. This is a mature adult in a very challenging position. The job is hard, as he says, to be the quarterback. The job is hard to be quarterback of the Chicago Bears in a town starving right now. And it's interesting because you wonder how often this crosses his mind, because, let's be honest, man, for fans in this town, he's the hope, he's the long term hope, and he's embraced it without hesitation. Tom, But I wonder in his private moments, does it ever cross his mind just how big this is.
Speaker 5: I don't think it does, because every single decision he's made about his football future since he's come out of high school, he's had the most pressure on himself. And that's you know, when you talk about his relationship with Lincoln Riley, what he did in college and then he transferred, and then how successful he was throughout that time, and then being in the one of the most major star studded markets in the history of high school football, college football, professional football, the LA market is incredible. And you know, having the chance to play against the Rams the Raiders, but playing against USC and looking at the stars that fill the sidelines of USC or the Raiders, it's an incredible learning experience for a guy like Caleb. And then the football is equally as important as that developed. So you have a chance to develop your personality when you have a chance to develop your professional side. And like I said, I am totally impressed with his you know, podium and how he answers the questions respectfully, thinks about him before he answers them, and you know, he says what's on his mind and when what he's thinking at that specific second.
Speaker 1: Good news, Chicago United Airlines is getting brand new planes with all the bells and whistles like Bluetooth connectivity screens at every seat in room for everyone's rollerbag. United proud to fly to Chicago Bears and you too. So let's dig in a little bit. Let's start with the offense. Obviously, the run game's got to get better. Keenan Allen a hopeful return. We'll add another piece to that puzzle. But against this Rams defense, from what you've seen on tape, how does it marry up? Is our matchups to exploit and can the Bears whatever they cobble together on the offensive line help wise stop what is a very gritty and active three to four defense, Jeff.
Speaker 5: The Rams had twenty seven total pressures again against the offensive line for the forty nine ers in brock Purty. So you can't talk about who you're gonna look at downfield and who is going to be your guy that you're going to try to get involved in terms of the targeting, it's about making sure that you have protection at the offensive line, whether you have to keep in a back, whether you have to add an extra tight end, whether you have to put a tight end at fullback, to make sure that you can provide protection for Caleb Williams to get the ball out of his hands. If you think you're gonna go out there and have a one on one matchup against this group, I think you're going to put pressure on Caleb too quickly and you're not going to give him the luxury of being able to find the target, the proper target downfield. And so with that being said, start with protection and then we'll try to see who Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Roma, Dnsday, Cole kamet Gerald Everett is that the backs out of the backfield after they have a protection responsibility awareness. So there's going to be a lot of different things that come into play, but the most important key that in this game is Halo's going to be in charge of the cadence, and he's going to allow the offensive line and the blockers to have that month of a second so they can start the contact against their opponent rather than having to set back on the offensive line because they can't hear the cadence. And I think that can play an important role in how successful this offensive line can be. And if you talk about the passing game, you can't ignore the running game, because a running game has to have a certain component where it opens up different portions of the passing game. Rather than just exclusively becoming a drop back, downfield passer, you have to incorporate the screen game, the play action game, the rollouts, and the different types of protections that you can use in this type of passing game that starts with the success of a running game.
Speaker 1: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois right here at home, driving access toward healthier communities through it all. Kobe Turner is a guy that I love watching on tape. I had nine sacks as a rookie. H came out of wake Forest, but by way of Richmond University where he was a walk on and then transferred over to wake Forest.
Speaker 2: But he was a fine in the third round.
Speaker 1: He played nose tackle last year, because of course Aaron Donald is going to be your three technique, right.
Speaker 5: You know, you can't compare him to Aaron Donald, because no one's going to be compared to Aaron Donald. But when you when you look at their template, you talk about six two two ninety seven, He's got a couple solo tackles in one sack. But what he does is he makes sure that you have to have a blocker dedicated to him. Maybe that sets you up for a one on one to the outside. If you have that explosiveness and a three technique defensive tackle, then you have to make sure that you get that stalemated at the line of scrimmage before he gets into the backfield and then speeds up the thought process of the quarterback and makes the entire backfield dysfunctional. So Kobe is done a nice job in there, but you know it's kind of gonna be like for the rest of their time as an organization, they could always be looking to try to replace a guy like Aaron Donald, because I don't know how many of those guys come along in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: And then offensively, of course, we mentioned Matthew Stafford, who's backed up by Jimmy Garoppolo, who served a two game suspension, now back in the backup role. But they're offensive line also in flux. We don't really know who's playing where they've already had. They're under their third starting guard in after three games. So up front, they got a rookie center in Bowl Limer, a guy that I liked at the Senior Bowl. He's almost six five three twelve strong guy. He's been a big weight room guy his whole career. And then who's healthy at receiver Cooper cup is likely not going to play, but too too out well a diminutive receiver Tom I. He's taller than I am, and he's a lot lighter at one sixty five.
Speaker 2: I don't remember ever being one sixty five Tom. But he can scoot.
Speaker 1: And of course you've got Jordan Wootington, a young man who surprised as a six round pick out of Texas. And then the tight ends. Kobe Parkinson is a guy that's a free agent coming over from Seattle. And then the run game, Kyron Williams Blake Krum from Michigan. He's only had eight attempts, but they can do a little bit of everything here and Stafford using all his weapons because he's the guy that can figure out what works and what.
Speaker 5: Doesn't right, because he knows everything so well. He's got this system ingrained in his system. He understands the pass protection where it can hold up the most and where the most vulnerabilities are. They have loaded lines of scrimmage so they can outnumber you to one side and make sure his point of protection has a maximum amount of guys in front of him where the pocket can be sustained for a certain period of time. And that's the thing about it. When you talk about offensive lineman, you talk about receivers, you talk about all these other position players that have to be inserted into the lineup. The one guy that hasn't had to be inserted in the lineup as Matthew Stafford. And he understands every moving part to this offense. And if you put these guys out here, Jeff and Blank Jerseys, I think he would still be as efficient as he is if he had Cooper Cup and Puka Nakua and the rest of the guys that he's kind of come into the system with one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You know what shocked me does it shock you that Matthew Stafford has only been named not again, it's just the Pro Bowl, I get it, he's only been named twice.
Speaker 5: Well, you look at all those years of service in Detroit, that the kind of the team went nowhere, So he wasn't going to get the you know, the notoriety that he deserved once he came to the Rams. And you know my feeling about the Pro Bowl, I'm not a I'm not a big fan of it. I'm not a you know, the fan of the choices. And I have a tremendous amount of respect for Matthew Stafford. So whether he's been to the Pro Bowl once or never, you know, he's got a Super Bowl ring. He's a great competitor. He's played hurt, he's played hard, He's played with some dysfunctional teams in Detroit. And you know who's still standing?
Speaker 2: What is he?
Speaker 5: Thirty six years old? Six thirty six years old and still standing. We didn't know if he was going to still be standing after a couple of years in Detroit. So congratulation to his conviction of being an NFL player in this successful.
Speaker 2: For this long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you know that's fair because he was injured. I mean he got injured, he got injured by the Bears or right career. So, but twenty fourteen he had an unbelievable year and then they got twenty twenty three Pro Bowl, So only two times in his career, but fourth year of the Rams and his career interception percentage just two point three percent. So yeah, he's thrown some pick sixes, and I guess that's been a wrap on hom in his career, but he's settled down. He had twenty interceptions as a rookie and that has never been That's it. That's the worst right there, and so you don't want anybody to throw twenty interceptions in any season. But again, you start slow and you finish strong, and he's certainly doing that.
Speaker 5: One quick thing, Jeff is I find it funny that Caleb Williams attraction to watching Matthew Stafford is because of Calvin Johnson, and you know, he refers to him as Megatron, and to update a lot of the guys in the media room that weren't around back then, Calvin Johnson is one of the best receivers in the history of the league, and a.
Speaker 2: Quarterback watching a quarterback because of a receiver. I find it interesting, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I wonder what a tomp there who he'd been watching to try to emulate when you were growing up.
Speaker 5: Listen John Hannah. When I was coming out of college, John Hannah was an offensive guard for the New England Patriots that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated and they called him the best. And I imagined what it would be like to be good enough in National Football League to be called the greatest offensive lineman of everybody and be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. That will run through my head for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Steineoffls is an employee on furniture in Mattress Store. Is it any of their for Chicago land locations in Vernon Hills, Crystal Lake, Downders Grove, and Hardwood Heights, or shop online at Steinhoffels dot com. Anything on the Bears defense you'd like to see.
Speaker 5: I'm just interested to watch him play an experienced quarterback like Matthew Stafford, because when you think of the quarterback position up into this point, even though CJ. Stroud was Rookie of the Year, they've played against inexperienced quarterbacks. Whether you want to talk about Will Levitz or Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 2: And second quarterbacks three second year quarterball, Right, That's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But now you're talking about a thirty six year old quarterback that has played against the Bears before as a divisional opponent, understands what the best thing is for his team against a really good defense. So if the Bears really good defense can still be real good, I think it's gonna really upgrade their respectability around the league. And don't It's not because what receivers aren't there. It's because the intelligence of the quarterback who is there.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's been blitzed much so far. Is that danger if if.
Speaker 5: You feel that you can get to him before he can identify his hot receiver. I don't know if it's a danger because he doesn't have great escapability in a Montese sweat runs great. Darryl Taylor runs great, Austin Booker runs great. Uh Gravon Dexter on the inside is really runs well along with DeMarcus Walker. Billings has been a better pass rusher than we thought. Daniel Hardy if he ever gets an opportunity to get a fresh rep in there, he's fast, too around the edge. So let's see if these guys in some of the creativeness of the blitzing of both the interior linebackers and Gordon, you know, color Gordon, if they can.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking, he's such a quick processor. You could get burned, right.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If he understands but he's processing that information before you blitz him, and once you bring up blitzer, he knows where his hot read is. If he gets to his final drop step and his arm is already in forward motion, you know, maybe we shouldn't blitz him, Maybe we should make him we should play coverage. Let our ford down lineman work and see if they can expedite his process of throwing and that we can have another body in the coverage lanes.
Speaker 1: Busy Heart sells their flavors for every vibe Celebrate Responsibly Most in Course Beverage Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. And we're brought to you by P and C Official Bank of the Bears. We got Bears Weekly coming up on Thursday night at ESPN one thousand.
Speaker 2: Make sure you join us.
Speaker 1: Jim Miller would join us for a couple segments. The former Bears quarterback from serious x MNFL radio, and we hope to talk to rome A Doonday for.
Speaker 2: That show as well.
Speaker 1: And then, of course noon Sunday, the exact time of day that Tom and I appreciate the sport of football in its most blowing manner, a noon kickoff along Chicago's beautiful lakefront.
Speaker 5: I'm Jack. I am so excited already, and I gotta temper it a little bit, because I guess when you go through what you did in Indianapolis, you want to get right back to those games