Speaker 1: I don't know a lot of dudes who won the divorce in general.
Speaker 2: That's the thing I really really angered.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, even if you got your money like you didn't like, it's still like not you're not looking at it like, oh he's up now, Yeah, he's better without the parton No damn staying with my baby boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talk about all the time. I was like, I would never leave. We'll figure it out. I'm not going back out there because I.
Speaker 1: Also didn't have to come here, so of course I'm not leaving. I didn't have to come over yet.
Speaker 2: I made this choice.
Speaker 3: Yes, with this restaurant. Still I ordered the same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't need to try to This is delicious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what is Beera?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't make that hit, doesn't babies.
Speaker 4: Chiss racist money stuff?
Speaker 3: I can't tell me.
Speaker 1: I get so weak in the knees I can hardly speak. I lose all control and something takes over me.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Mama's and Gentiles like to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 2: Got that Ship out.
Speaker 3: The podcast where we died deep deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theory and we don't try to prove a motherfucking thing anymore?
Speaker 6: Do you want us to you don't. You have a lot of podcasts you can listen to where you learn. If you want for daily yeah, you get your stuff. You got to go to about two sources.
Speaker 1: If you want some guys to talk about a movie they saw and recall it poorly, yeah, and then be dragged in the comments, this is where you need to be. This is the exact correct space they be coming at us about those movies.
Speaker 3: And I just say, it's not if we didn't rehearse this everyone, No, So if we get it wrong, treat it like when your friend is talking. You're like that motherfucker wrong. But yeah, like move on, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It does actually, yeah, it's all well actually.
Speaker 3: And frankly, frankly, I don't mind the well actually, I actually don't mind it. What makes me sick to my stomach is when somebody says, well, actually, and then a motherfucker right below them says the exact same ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, established, how many well actually are we going to get?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, we know that some Transformers works all right.
Speaker 3: Now, we know I'm on drugs, I'm high on drugs.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking and you don't work. What were you gonna do?
Speaker 1: You don't work, What's what's gonna happen?
Speaker 3: O get with my friend?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can barely read I have one before we get into it. Here's what I think, man. I think that these companies who offer to erase all your data, I think that's the newest major financial scam.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in it at all. I don't believe in it at all. I think that if selling interpersonal data is the current currency on which the world is like running, right, they're not giving that up because I gave some guy eighty nine to ninety five. I don't believe it. I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: I fully agree with it.
Speaker 5: It's like when you would pay those credit not the consolidations, but basically the credit trackers, and then they would just do some shit you could have done yourself. He think it's like that type of thing.
Speaker 2: But that's most things, most things we're paying for.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: We don't feel like doing That's what I'm saying. I think it's just so like, yeah, they probably are cleaning up your whatever, but you could just do that. You just don't want to do.
Speaker 1: You think you can do you think you can erase your data, and I don't think way outside of deleting these platforms, is there an you can't fully I even think it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: I even think now we've reached a point where we are under so much constant surveillance from other people that even in erasing your own data, it doesn't matter. We have We have every person in your life, we have every person you cross paths with in your day. We know where you are even when.
Speaker 2: You let's say I get all social media were pictures.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? You know what triangulate, triangulate the right it is it is, and don't doubt yourself. Won't you did?
Speaker 3: You did the right?
Speaker 1: They can triangulate, they could, but.
Speaker 2: Like even they could just be look at I look at the government like like a woman trying to find a man cheap. You feel me like they gonna find with him. These women got this shipped down to a sign you can get also they I've watched my wife and her friends be detectives off the most minor shit. You see who she They will go on Facebook, every social media find articles to narrow down who this nigga might be.
Speaker 7: Fucking like it's crazy. And that's for hobby, that's for fun, that's for sport. They have no reason to do this. Yo, they don't even get anything, but we got shows to watch. Time out, I'm doing research. Were nosy. Yeah, off, her friend's friends talk of that bitch like that they never go out with her or nothing.
Speaker 2: They don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, that's also why they're doing it. They're like, this is third party enough that I can like remove my human sort of nature and just be like, I am an animal. I want to find out everything about you. Because you don't know it don't matter to me because I've.
Speaker 1: Said a lot of salacious things in this room.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, they just would have to go back a few episodes in the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my girl's aunt told me she listens.
Speaker 5: Oh no, so she'll hear this now shout out to Janna, And I was really it fucked. She told me in Thanksgiving and I was like my heart dropped. Like she was like, oh, I love your podcast, and I was like, no, yeah, oh no.
Speaker 2: My mom my cousin's aunties they watch and everything. I'll be like, but then I'd be like, I'm forty one. Well it is what you raise an animal yes, you know it is.
Speaker 1: It is, but I just don't like that level of exposure at family gathering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. You can't know everything I say.
Speaker 1: Now you know what I think about and then we just got to have dinner. That's tough.
Speaker 2: And what's crazy is this is me actually being censored because I know they're listening.
Speaker 3: That's also true stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't say like you usually be like, you're pretty transparent on his person. I'm like, shit, I don't say you're saying, ok, you.
Speaker 1: Ever let it leak sometimes and somebody hears what you think and then you have to be like, no, it is good.
Speaker 2: I let it leak with That's that's the best part of our marriage.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sure she knows that.
Speaker 2: With you the most just heinous jokes, thoughts or whatever. Shed that is hilarious. I'm doing, Oh, I'm all kind of accents at home.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Here's what this is making me feel. It really speaks to the unreasonable nature of the white man like this, that we can find so much pleasure in in the in the making fun of different types of people, which is it's nature. It is a part of who the fuck we are as human beings is to be like, you're different than me. I see that. That's funny to me, it's very normal. But the white man in his devildom demands that you have to do it out loud.
Speaker 2: That's to be out in the streets time the people talk funny. It's so different than here. That's crazy, that's insane.
Speaker 5: I just think people from that country where funny pants, and that's fine, that's okay, and that doesn't need to be anything.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make me feel any better.
Speaker 2: They have jobs.
Speaker 3: They don't want to take it. You know, maybe they can live on my block. Men in Beijing roll their tank tops up and rest them on their bellies. I see they can stay cool during the summer. That's funny. It's really funny. I don't think walk around in front of them and do it. Yeah whatever, let's go to dinner. Yeah that's what I don't. You are a good man to be Yeah, you just look funny. Your devils.
Speaker 5: I've been saying this too. They're they fucked it up for us being able to make fun of other.
Speaker 2: Types reverse But what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I hate talking about comedy.
Speaker 5: I've been doing a bit about it though, where it's like white guys made it, so we can't do the accent.
Speaker 1: Because everybody else likes do an accent. And you go to any other country, that's the first thing they do. Let's go, oh, here a cool American guy or whatever their other accent, and we have to pretend to be offended by that because white people made it hot.
Speaker 2: Bro, I don't you know it is funny when they do.
Speaker 1: It is funny when they do my acts.
Speaker 2: It's so funny that you tried it.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying face. I don't want to dress up like them, but I.
Speaker 2: Do know outfits. I just want to have fun.
Speaker 5: I just want to have at anybody with the woman I love. I agree at a Japanese restaurant.
Speaker 2: An Indian restaurant, Comodi restaurants, sometimes black restaurants. Sometime you know what, it's a nice lady named Ashley, but in my mind it's Lakeisha Jenkins and were about to go in at the table. Funny, It's funny. Life's funny.
Speaker 3: Life is funny, and I'm giving you my money. I'm eating here. Yeah, no, I'm That's where I get nervous.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't like the transaction enough.
Speaker 3: It become transaction. Then I need a little worry.
Speaker 1: You don't want me to pay them to talk like that.
Speaker 3: Now, it's a service that they're providing listening to you do that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like that's violence, and I have a mom who loves me. I'm not doing it to them, I you know what I mean. I was raised indoors, not a monster. Yeah, this is just one thing I'm trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like doing it to them is also a crazy thing that white people will do. Yeah, I think that's why they funk it up to like what man I seen. I think Asian people the most. I've seen a lot of Asian people catch it from white guys directly, and it's like, oh, they're hanging up on you in like a mean, mean way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they're looking at rush Hour and learning nothing from Chris Tucker.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: Rush Hour. That really taught us a lot about race relations because that was in some ways a bigoted man. Yeah. And then yeah, the whole movie is he's a pretty bigoted guy.
Speaker 1: When you watch that movie, he's just like, I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: He's been pretty hard what he did he was talking about he said greasy, say this greasy ship.
Speaker 8: And look how happy we are now remembering funny so good friends, they become best friends.
Speaker 2: They truly could not be closer. English.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he was never not funny about his bigotry. And that's where the white man fails.
Speaker 5: You know what I think. Okay, here's a conspiracy. I'm talking out right now.
Speaker 1: You know why we didn't get a rush hour for that's the white man's biggest fear. Us and the Asians get together. That truly is See, white man, why are you mad at me?
Speaker 5: Why are you mad at me? How big is Asia? How big is Africa? It just makes sense, Langston, Why are you doing it like that? See, I didn't think I said anything.
Speaker 3: It's so funny to me that it took until the fourth movie for them to finally.
Speaker 2: Laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like, oh this is so good. They're like, wait, something's happening, Like.
Speaker 2: The two best makers of Fried Chicken together, KFC is done exactly, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And they saw and they saw little things start to happen. Oh, Drew Hill has an album called You're the Dragon Interesting, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: With Chinese symbols on him.
Speaker 2: People that are getting tatted up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't like it, because that's the only way we topple what I.
Speaker 2: Believe and AI codes I'm reading, yeah, reading beautifully.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Trump just forced Paramount to make rush hour for right?
Speaker 1: Trump did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some some of the stuff he does I'm on board with.
Speaker 5: Sometimes he makes I don't I don't do you have to explain that.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I've ever thought I would say this, but thank you, mister president.
Speaker 2: That's what do you mean he forced in to make I knew it was coming out.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but it sounds like some ship he would do.
Speaker 2: That is just random.
Speaker 3: It does seem like something that he would wake up in the middle of the night and demand of a of a of a company, just make me rush hour four?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: All the things?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the world, that's fucking is it?
Speaker 1: Jackie and Chris?
Speaker 2: I don't think you get to do rush Hour? No, you know, I actually saw a thing on it that said they were doing a fourth one though really I just didn't know that. Never saw Trump. Was it the president was?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He was EP and the ship, you know what I mean. If he's EP on it, that's gonna suck.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy, because then that's when that third term comes. He says, I gave you four rush give me three turns.
Speaker 3: Give me three.
Speaker 2: That's a while. But I'm not gonna know how to feel.
Speaker 1: Because you're gonna watch Rush Hour four.
Speaker 2: No other president has gotten me a rush hour.
Speaker 1: That's I don't think Clinton stopped it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean that he this is the president, but we never I never heard that Trump.
Speaker 3: I just dropped o Veriety link in the group chat. Thank god, Oh my gosh, this this is wild.
Speaker 1: This is a great podcast.
Speaker 3: Rush Hour four in the works that Paramount at Trump's requests. Rush Hour four is in the works with Paramount on board to distribute the newest installment in the Buddy Cop series. The long, jest stating sequel is reportedly the beneficiary of some Oval office intervention. President Donald Trump had personally requested that the studio revived the franchise, as first reported by Semaphore, God damn it.
Speaker 2: This is one of those things though, where like somebody just you know, he likes credit for everything, you know what I mean? I think it was already in the words he was like, I actually, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think what he's good at is a diversion, and I think he's good at understanding the hearts of people, for better or worse.
Speaker 1: I could imagine him knowing that's a good play.
Speaker 3: I bet it's simpler than they're pitching it. And I bet he was hanging out with Jackie Chan some shit, not Chris Tucker. I maybe both.
Speaker 1: Chris Tucker pops up often everywhere.
Speaker 3: And he's got a he's got a lot of big, wealthy friends, and that's Chris. Hey, hey, come on, man, you know what I mean. I'm a big fan. Come on, bro, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Chris Tucker's like, can we talk about via sent of Chris Tucker. I don't think people give credit for how far he really He was hanging out with the president.
Speaker 2: From fifteen minutes, bro, That's what. I don't think people know his start. But it was like people don't understand, Like everybody, yeah, everybody knows. Eddie was like, that's unheard of, that'll never happen again. Yeah, people don't know. Chris Tucker was like a small version of that. He only had fifteen I don't know that hot five and he just took the funk off.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he says small as as Eddie. I think his ascension never hit the same height asn't right, But the speed which he went up was faster from nothing. That's it.
Speaker 1: And that's like, and that's a credit that they.
Speaker 2: Started giving them movies. They just started giving them like from fifteen minutes, he's on one set, we Want Everything for You, and he did Deaf Jam and then he was in Money Talk.
Speaker 3: That was it. That's crazy, yeah, I mean, and that's a perfect film.
Speaker 5: Do you think that's like just him being really savvy, Like what is that a testament to bro?
Speaker 2: I think what I mean, he had a voice.
Speaker 3: He had never seen a man like that before.
Speaker 2: I mean he killed Friday. He killed Friday.
Speaker 1: He had a dance that took over the country. He's also gorgeous, Like he's a beautiful man, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. Like he's a good looking ass dude, and he's funny, and he was like a different kind of energy and swag that did not scare white people, but at least like rang honest with black people where we were like no, we know niggas like this right, you know what I mean, Like they're not afraid of him because of his voice, but he also still can connect with black men. It's a rare fine bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's rare. Are I feel like we don't give him his flowers in the way.
Speaker 2: That he took off.
Speaker 1: He was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was like he literally went fifteen minutes and twenty million dollars a movie. It's crazy and like a year or two. Yeah, yeah, that's see and so and so.
Speaker 3: We're we're hoping Rush Out for is a big hit.
Speaker 1: It's how could it not.
Speaker 3: I couldn't be excited. I'm gonna see it. I'm gonna go see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it makes money back on the first round even if people see him Like man movie was ass. We already saw it.
Speaker 3: Everybody always Yeah, everybody wants.
Speaker 1: To It's like black and Chinese Happy Gilmore Too.
Speaker 2: Which I enjoyed Happy Gilmore Too.
Speaker 1: I didn't get as much as Happy Gilmore, but I watched it.
Speaker 2: I like the callbacks, I enjoyed some of the jokes, some of the things, the familiarity of it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I do just want to see a movie that feels like another movie I've seen.
Speaker 3: We are so far from just introducing our guests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good point. That's a good point. That's a good point. He's been making points.
Speaker 3: He's been talking the whole time.
Speaker 2: It's natural.
Speaker 3: That's a good, positive, loving energy. But our guests today, you've already heard so much from him. He's hilarious. We're so happy that he's here. He has a brand new special called why Can't I Say That? It's on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Yeah, YouTube, YouTube and Prime.
Speaker 3: YouTube and Prime go watch that ship so funny.
Speaker 2: We love him. Give it up for ke On Poli.
Speaker 1: Everybody be to six.
Speaker 3: My crew is big, and it keeps getting bigger. That's because Jesus Christ is manegga.
Speaker 2: I remember that video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was huge.
Speaker 2: Probably what the hell I bet covid got him.
Speaker 3: I struggle to know if they were in on that joke.
Speaker 2: I don't just how easily Opie Bar scams.
Speaker 5: Well, like, okay, this is a little bit. This is my take from it is.
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 5: Not that it I don't. I believe the intent was to connect to the youth. I think that's truly what the ball. Yeah, I think that's what happened, Like it was.
Speaker 1: I think it was a really bad idea, But I think they they felt like they were doing church outreach, and it's just they just blew it.
Speaker 2: Because old people are really you go, it don't even take that long. Even if you look at yourself in like a twenty eight Once you get past like a ten year gap, it is worlds apart, ye like it is. So if you go twenty years, thirty of these people are in a different space, Like you're watching, like old people get scared, how do you fall for the shit? But it's like seven to ten years is big, Like.
Speaker 3: I really don't know where they are.
Speaker 5: I watch what twenty year olds do and I don't understand it no at all at all, And like my whatever my take is on the outside is so far removed from what it actually is. So then you think of somebody that old just seeing rapping and being like, oh, okay.
Speaker 2: Everybody's saying it. Yeah, yeah, he's saying it's in every song on the radio. Yeah, I love Snoop Sippity Box exactly.
Speaker 3: And I think they're they're just trying to connect to a group of people. Now, I do think that the people that were holding the camera.
Speaker 2: They were back there snicker, that's as they were dying.
Speaker 3: They were because they knew what whoever edited the video the devil times, yeah.
Speaker 2: The literal devil, Like bro, we put this ship out. It probably was a grandkids. Yeah you know, white people. Grand kids be different.
Speaker 3: Now you need to give me my ad.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll say about that.
Speaker 3: Man, because they know, if nothing else, they know the longevity of this video, right, you know what I mean? Like, that's that's the part of it that the old people can't fully comprehend. It is that this is what you're doing is forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what this is some reason these young kids can't comprehend that. They keep putting it out, like you know, this is not going anywhere and everybody's gonna see this.
Speaker 3: I don't think that they care about I think they have a different perspective because Jenna Alpha and below they're like, well, we don't even know what forever means anymore, so we don't care about the permanence of things, which is more cynical I think than we were. Well, it never even occurred to me that things can be old.
Speaker 2: It's the gen z. That's my kids are the alpha.
Speaker 1: You kids are the younger.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's Jen Alpha if they're like old, what do you mean like behavior?
Speaker 2: Everybody who has like these new kids, they're like my kids come home from school and be like Alexa play motown. Like these motherfuckers kids are old bro. They like have real old souls. They're like they're real compassionate, they're real like they're aware of things. They're hell smart, Like they're just old as hell and actually not sensitive like the gen Z.
Speaker 3: Like you're saying that gen Z is more the same.
Speaker 2: They're the outlying ones because we aligned closer with gen X or whatever, and then Jelf was his own thing. It's that gen Z that's like, okay, their own all the time. Yeah, they're they're they're lost. It feels I think they're confused.
Speaker 3: And I think they us. I, personally a member of your community, don't feel that way about you.
Speaker 1: Gen Z is an elder millennial talkie.
Speaker 2: I don't say.
Speaker 3: A fellow gen Z.
Speaker 1: They had a whole life before the internet came out. Don't listen to them.
Speaker 3: I took a bird scooter here just like you gen Z.
Speaker 2: How offended millennials get when they get lumped in with gen Z because they we make fun of them and then old people like I said, so far moved the whole time. They thought we were gen z, like they didn't know where, they didn't know the difference. I made a video and happened to go viral, and all these old people was like, oh, I apologize. I thought you guys were with them, and it's like, no, we don't like them either.
Speaker 1: We don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: We don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: It freaks me out how little, how small the gaps are now and how great great the divide is socially, you know what I mean? Man, we got a little brother's group chat and my littlest brother some ship.
Speaker 3: I don't get. I don't.
Speaker 1: I have to be like I have to be like, man, I don't know why this is funny. Yeah, Like he'll be like this is so funny, and I'll be like, I you have to tell me.
Speaker 2: I don't understand, and I'm on the I'm not like, you know what you.
Speaker 3: Need to die? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. But I'm just like, just that little bit and their humor seems so much darker. These they're bad.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, they're going in on Charlie Kirk that's that's all they got that song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have a have a song where people repeatedly do sort of like heroic praise dances to it. It's and it's all very ironic. But then there's now a conservative I guess, sect of people who take it seriously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like which is even fun, which makes it so much funnier to continue to use it.
Speaker 2: Right, the Internet wasn't supposed to like, we weren't supposed to know everybody was just goddamn dumb.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's a problems.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I thought, oh, we're just all happen.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, no, you guys are really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just said that Tolson yesterday. I was like, I think that people are way smarter than they are. I think, and I'm not saying that I think I'm that smart, but like I didn't know that there were people real dumb.
Speaker 3: I don't, yeah, like low function. Yeah, Like in college, I lived in a hall with a dude whose family's name was on like one of our most like prominent buildings, Like they were that that that family and that his name was on the fucking building and truly one of the dumbest people I've ever engaged with in life, where like I was, like, it doesn't even it doesn't even fully make sense that you're here.
Speaker 1: Bro. That kind of is how good these systems we made as people are that they can carry.
Speaker 2: Root project life. There's some people, honest, how did you make it to this age by your lonesome? How did you get here? You are dumb ass?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's impressive, really it is.
Speaker 3: Too finesse is still impressive. I don't agree with it, you know what I mean? Like, if I really got my vote, I would say that it should be far more egalitarian. It should be reflective of people's actual like skills and resources. But the truth is, if you can figure out a way to get your dumb ass boy all the way to you know, a relatively prominent university and on beyond, you did it. Baby. Yeah, you're you're a talented person. What are you gonna do not help your dumb ass kid go crazy? Mister? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like this, that's like, yeah, man, I pray I don't have a kid who's too stupid, because I'm gonna help him out a bunch more too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like people will get mad in nepotism, but I'm like, as a parent, I get it. I get it. Why wouldn't you favorite it's even like, it's even better if your kid is talented and your kid is Oh yeah, you know, it's just a flex. Yeah, if your kid's a dumb ass, you still gotta you're gonna get them POSI them. You know, I didn't do all this for me. I'm to check out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I die anyways, what I care?
Speaker 2: I get it. And it is a skill to be able to pull these strings, although I don't want to have to. What are you gonna stay at my house?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the thing too. You need them to make some money.
Speaker 3: You can't stay with you gotta get return on your investment. Yeah that's true too, And I do call my children investments. I look at you as investment. One investment. To gather around the fireplace, Papa wishes to tell you a story.
Speaker 1: Would it hurt your feelings if your kid kids came out like dumb for real? Would you be like, man, maybe I'm dumber than I thought.
Speaker 2: No, I just blame her.
Speaker 1: That's smart.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking that's the smartest. I excel it everything. I'm like, there's no way this is me.
Speaker 3: My god know, we had a hero in the building.
Speaker 9: There's no way, there's no way cool, what a way?
Speaker 3: What a.
Speaker 2: I have the track record to show it can't be me.
Speaker 3: It can't be mean.
Speaker 2: Like I have the track record. This is I have my old I'm not bullshit. My dad recently just sent me, like, you know, all my shoulders from childhood. He rusted it off the charts, uh case to me, first of all, like for you this, I know something. I gonna be like he's an asshole for his wife. No, I got the I got this special.
Speaker 3: This motherfucker said.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, everybody, my core is rotten. You can't now that all the way listen. But as far as failure, not being smart, not being athletic, any no, that's not me.
Speaker 3: That's really funny.
Speaker 1: That is really funny.
Speaker 3: That's not I can't. Yeah, I'll blame myself. Yeah, I got my bad my bad dog.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure out what went wrong. I just know what didn't mix right.
Speaker 3: I know how much of what I've succeeded in and how much of it I just didn't know what the fuck I was doing and got lucky right. So much of my life has truly just been me putting full going full throttle on some ship that like hit a bump that should have made me fucking flip my car, and somehow I landed on my feet and now I'm that good again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like lack of effort. It's just like even for me, like.
Speaker 2: What you already said, going boss of the Wall is why.
Speaker 1: I think that has a lot to do with it.
Speaker 2: And stuff is just even when you fall, it's like, so what you were going so fast? You just keep rolling?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like but it's like, but there were some poor decisions. The wall on stand up comedy not a great decision.
Speaker 2: Poorest decision worked out for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've seen people who I thought were funnier than me who couldn't make it work out.
Speaker 3: They weren't going Bass of the Wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah they had. I think some were thin and didn't. You know, I think some words like that the the failures per se, which.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to acknowledge.
Speaker 2: Failures like that, ain't. I was like, I'll have setbacks, I'll have stomach and I don't feel as ship. I know, like if you keep I'll keep going, I'll keep you know, like I might. I took this l but I'm gonna win the game, like I'm like, so I don't, I don't like not.
Speaker 1: What's your metric for winning?
Speaker 2: You keep going until you're you're satisfied, okay, like you until you hit that because you're gonna have setbacks, you know what I mean. You're gonna you're gonna have moments. But there's no there's no clock that says the game is over, and I you keep going until like now I'm winning.
Speaker 3: I think that is that is the the truth and the poison of the casino that is longing to continue to gamble. You have a shot at winning it all, and as long as you continue to gamble, you will continue to lose everything. And I think that's the nasty nature of our business is that there is no expiration day, don't know.
Speaker 10: Ship.
Speaker 2: So there's a bunch of.
Speaker 3: People who objectively are funny people who are gonna continue to down a path that is not going to offer them a finished a journey. But but despite that, they are going to keep convincing themselves this is a worthy effort because if.
Speaker 2: Some people are delusional, let's not we're not kind of talking about them, right, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Think it was a delusional thing to even get into it.
Speaker 3: I think the very premise of picking up a microphone and demanding the attention of strangers is delusion.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel. So it's like we're already nuts all in here anyway.
Speaker 3: Brother, Look look how you responded at the possibility of your nut being trashed because.
Speaker 2: Seas but in other seats it would be an asonine thing to say. But the really I got them. It could not be one one of my ten million sperm. It's not got.
Speaker 5: This can't come, you know, just one person of your lineage, Like there's all kinds of stuff within within your I have.
Speaker 2: To blame somebody else did I'd have to blame them.
Speaker 3: It was apparently it was even.
Speaker 2: Even in that I like, like, I mean like looking at stuff sometimes because I was doing Uh. I just met one of my cousins in uh. I was just into Homa and we were walking down the family trains. Like the amount of when I moved to l A, people didn't even know my name for me. They knew it because of my cousin, who was like a fucking all American, but then his son was like all his brother was like my family. You google mind there's all these crazy athletes that all did. He went to the lead, went to blah blah blah blah, and then the.
Speaker 1: Women who the women that as well.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, though college degrees and ship like that. My family be killing.
Speaker 1: But there's no negative. You don't think there's a dark.
Speaker 2: You know, there's things happening, and.
Speaker 3: Some of them hoopers wouldn't focused on ball the whole time.
Speaker 2: That's why they didn't. That's decision man, genetics.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying that I'm setting out this route that might be a genetic level making. It could be like there's something in you that just desires this attraction over the life. Possibly and maybe maybe one of your many many it was singular of your sperm. But man could have been got it all right.
Speaker 2: My kids are come on great.
Speaker 1: So it's got smart babies.
Speaker 2: My oldest mine. We had to work on that one.
Speaker 1: I have no comment.
Speaker 2: What if he had an opinion on it.
Speaker 3: With the work.
Speaker 2: Now, he's good, he's good. We had to put him in programs, all kinds of stuff. Speech delayed, he was like. He honestly made me question like, oh, ship, did we did.
Speaker 1: You think it was your nuts? For a minute.
Speaker 3: Then I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: Its crazy.
Speaker 2: We were like were you couldn't figure out? And then you know, it all worked out and then now he's excelling everything. But there was I was like, this can't be right. Okay the man you were maybe, I was like, no, this gout it. Maybe he's gonna kick in later, like you know what I mean, like maybe it did. That is crazy. Later we just got to give him something like I was like, it's dormant. It's just laying all his talent, all his smart The most beautiful it came out was it was there.
Speaker 1: It was there.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's no way that it's impossible.
Speaker 3: It will grow.
Speaker 2: Because when I started having kids, I started, like pamoret into two genetics, like just watching people like you watch families. You watch families that come in and they all like look alike. You're like, genetics are crazy.
Speaker 1: Bro looks like like on some weird ship and all got blockheads and you're like, oh, so blocked.
Speaker 3: What becomes even more troubling is once you start seeing what you did to another person. Do you know what I mean? Where you like you got these are very different angles. I don't feel troubled by it per se. But it just is fascinating when you're like, oh, both my kids just have that, So I had to have done that, do you know what I mean? I'm responsible for.
Speaker 2: That is what we what we are.
Speaker 1: That's a Kerman.
Speaker 3: That's a Kerman thing. That fascinating.
Speaker 1: Do you get when you see that within your kids where you're like, that's not Nikki, that's one hundred per that's me, one hundred per.
Speaker 3: I see that really Like my wife and I met one person in her family that does that or behaves that way.
Speaker 1: That is that's interesting.
Speaker 5: That is me, see because I always wonder about that stuff because I grew up with no family, so I feel like I built myself in a vacuum. My mom was the only person I knew related to me until I was seventeen.
Speaker 2: You have cousin person, I haven't met my life that did have cousins.
Speaker 3: I'm from a country with the war.
Speaker 5: We came here and a war started, so then none of them could come here either. We just so and like most everybody died.
Speaker 3: We just didn't go fund me there shit, we let them.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, That's why I'm like, there's there's wars that aren't in vogue.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 5: People do this like free whatever shit, like there's not other wars happening that aren't equally as devastating, you know what I mean, there's wars that are in.
Speaker 2: Vote picks, the tears of what man economics.
Speaker 5: Baby, all we had was we didn't. There were no major resource. Nobody's like Cereleon. There is diamonds, but those were already controlled even throughout the war. And I think it's aesthetics. I think they are the ones that they think we can they can garner the most sympathy for. Yeah, I think Syria is easier than Sierra Leone.
Speaker 3: Yep, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean it's known though, Yeah, I got no.
Speaker 1: Not when the war was happening, not at all, not at all. Because war broke out in.
Speaker 3: Ninety ninety one, it wasn't until it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Diamonds are from ciri Leon came out in three but we got legally declared over, and I think NATO said it was over in two thousand.
Speaker 1: We went in on one. It was not. It was not at all.
Speaker 3: Cover it was not, and we weren't. The song is is not like we gotta fix it. No, the song is just like yeah, nigga, I got diamonds.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's truly nasty mast But the point of all that genetic shit is that it's so interesting because I felt like I built myself almost in a vacuum.
Speaker 1: And then even like going to Tokyo with my brothers last week when my brother will say some ship and I'll be like you always you always do that, mm hmm, and he's like yeah, and I'm like, oh, I thought that was just some shit I liked. I didn't even know that that there.
Speaker 2: Was like nexs crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know there was a familial thing.
Speaker 3: Now we are it at all. We are handing down.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, not just your faces, like people still whole faces. But then they say your personalities like every yeah, damn we all do that shit.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: I like sour stuff. My daughter likes sour stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's like the most basic, like little shit.
Speaker 2: You watch how your kids sit, and then you like, if your wife catches a picture of you and your kid, you guys are sitting the exact same way, and you guys are and I don't know if it's because you're mimicking your dad you're watching Are you watching your mom or whatever? Probably it's just my kids. The stuff they're saying now is so fucking funny, and I'm like, they just have this like are they just is the witty thing?
Speaker 3: Just know they're just.
Speaker 1: Humor is so interesting to me too, because how much of humor is like I think some of it might be genetic, but how much of it is just like environmental and how you processed what happens.
Speaker 3: I think it's you.
Speaker 2: Think it's all got to be genetic because they're funny at all. They're not even in an environment. But like my mom is not my grandpa's. I think it's hilarious.
Speaker 3: I think it's genetic, but I think it's circumstance that that advances it, right, right, I think where the people who are born funny are born funny, but it requires the right combination cocktail of ship around you to really activate that power. Ratherwise you're just like a dude.
Speaker 2: Who you meet those people there's nature and nurture, they go together.
Speaker 3: You meet those people who like don't see themselves as funny, but every time they talk, it's like a little bit.
Speaker 2: Hilarious because nobody who's there telling them.
Speaker 1: You're a very funny person. You should and they don't think to monetize it because it's like a thing.
Speaker 2: That's just not even in their willhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, they're like, I got a job.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Like my kids probably into it because their mom's in production that she's a writer. Their dad is it, so they're like, yeah, we can, we can act a goddamn matter of fact, I have to go up to the school until my son time and place because.
Speaker 3: He's at school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's at school. He's killing though, So he's riding the fucking Everybody thinks I'm hilarious and that even the principle is working. Like She's like, I have boys. I get it. But I had to tell him, like, you can't say these because the stuff I let them get away with, you do house. No, it's the jokes he's saying. I'm like, broyeah, I can't say that at school.
Speaker 3: All we we desperately need to. We're gonna come back. We're gonna talk to Chiampo about his conspiracy theory, which we haven't even discussed yet. More More, my mama told me, get all none of this. Motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I will kick your face off hitch you in your face, with your face? Why'd you pick that verseion? The first six was fire, the first six in the Glasses, I was all in. Then I remember on episode six or seven, that's when it went off.
Speaker 5: I think when they introduced the little Man was when I was like seven, okay.
Speaker 1: That was when I was like, this is starting rate it in.
Speaker 2: It got out of the first five was like, it was a good time.
Speaker 1: Which one was the one that ended?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, a rubber rubber, rubber?
Speaker 2: Like it was within the first five that was I would tell you the chapters were in the first five, you weren't going crazy five I was.
Speaker 1: I think I similarly was excited.
Speaker 3: I was taking it seriously for the first like five or six, and then I think as soon as the little person.
Speaker 2: Came and then I kept watching for the comedy. I want to see how ridiculous this is gonna go and that is. But then it became so funny. It is very it's so funny.
Speaker 3: And I I'm embarrassed to say this. I think I was too self serious in terms of like writing at the time that I couldn't enjoy the comedy of trapped in comedy.
Speaker 1: It was that poetry at the time.
Speaker 3: I think I was more into poetry when trapped in the clauset is happening?
Speaker 1: When you were in poetry, did you feel like it was hard to be hilarious?
Speaker 3: And yeah, I've never I've never written a funny poem. Wow, I didn't know that. I don't I don't write funny poems.
Speaker 2: I don't know these poems, my niggas. You gonna feel it in your soul, Homie. I'm sorry if it came off aggressive. I just wanted you to understand I'm telling about heartstrings.
Speaker 1: That was crazy energy.
Speaker 3: I really, yeah, I don't know what I truly and I wish I had, Like I have friends who are like very capable of moving in and out of that. But I think I took poetry And it's part of why I don't think I was like a phenomenal poet is because I took it to only be defined within certain parameters, right, And I think to really become like a phenomenal motherfucker on the page, you have to be able to explode beyond sort of your traditional realms of thinking.
Speaker 5: Because that's what that's what my that's what my question is is like when you were folks, because I've never had any other creative pursuit other than comedy.
Speaker 1: I wasn't like, I wasn't like in drama in school.
Speaker 5: I was never trying to be like comedy has only been That's the only place I've ever like pushed it when you were doing something else. You I talk to you all the time in your it like, see you're so funny. Was it like hard to cut that off?
Speaker 3: I think I still thought of myself as a funny person, so I was still getting the funny off talking to people and like being silly. But when it came to sitting on the down to write the poem, the poem was serious.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's because I agree, I think you are hilarious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like it's like it's like I can't imagine you not rand because it seems you.
Speaker 2: Know, you're an acting role. I'm like, this is just funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's appreciated.
Speaker 2: I was a very serious writer.
Speaker 1: I feel like if had I met you juring poetry, we wouldn't hung out.
Speaker 3: Probably yeah, because.
Speaker 5: You were like because you would have had this stuff that you did, you like stuff it down and you're like this, what was your poetry name.
Speaker 3: We don't got to talk about now you're being whatever, but you're like, this is this is, this is now, you've been a SA tour, this is like.
Speaker 1: Like you weren't like yeah, because I've never met Do you remember in the Bay Area doing slim poetry ship sometimes I did.
Speaker 2: Used to go to the open mic that printed you.
Speaker 3: To run Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm talking about Yeah.
Speaker 2: He used to run with Berkeley or Oakland Oakland offer right off, right off the bar, and I would I would go. I would go to that open mic. I love that mic though.
Speaker 1: It was good, But do you remember talking to those guys? It was like they were just so serious. It was not like comics either, don't Yeah, but at least comics.
Speaker 3: Are funny, but they're they're not at that. I think there are a lot of I want to be clear. I think there are a lot of poets and and sort of writers in those spaces that are funny as fun. But I think there's a level of sincerity attached to it that is a very different balance than what we have, you know what I mean, Like we comedians sort of live at this ironic distance from almost everything that allows us to just laugh at things that otherwise people don't find funny or don't notice. Right, poets are noticing all of the things, but instead of judging it, they are warm to it. They are open to it. They are welcoming that. And that's a different energy.
Speaker 1: Couldn't be me, Yeah, it's knowing you pretty well at this point.
Speaker 3: Couldn't be you.
Speaker 2: No, I was in the wrong space. You're a nasty No. I was in the wrong space.
Speaker 3: It's why I was ever going to be great, because if I said what I really wanted to say, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't write that down.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. So were you ever in the poetry space with poets like these fucking losers?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But but also I was like there were a lot of people who I was like, Oh, I fuck with this dude, I fuck with that person. This is really cool. But this collective like let's all hold hands in kumbayan, that's like, that's counter to your spirit. It was bad for my spirit, and I didn't have the strength to recognize it until I got interesting.
Speaker 1: Do you ever think you could dabble?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 3: I do, Like I can go like my homie Sully shout out to Sully runs like a slam in Bloomington, and like I can go and be a fan now in a way that where I can just go like, oh, this is great, this is uh, this is really cool that people are writing and activating and doing all the shit that they're excited about. But if there's any competitive nature inside of me, I get I get.
Speaker 1: Vile where you're like, my shit real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I'll start saying you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing about this art is I don't think like to like focus on humor, man. I think it's something that can't be suppressed in a real way. No, you know what I mean. Like it's like I like, yeah, I just I can't imagine like had I gotten to some other form of art, I don't think I would have gotten very far, you know what I'm saying, Like had it been like have been a painter, or like I write short stories or you rience you.
Speaker 3: Were gonna play basketball in your mind, I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like no, when I got when I got to college, you see, like I was like, at best, I'll be overseas, but I'm not. I'm not going to the league.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying once once your dreams are becoming or hitting their top, I'm saying that when you're in a kid, you.
Speaker 2: Know what's funny. As a kid, it was either going to be sports or entertainment. I was held goofy at school.
Speaker 3: People who run to me.
Speaker 2: Now I'll be like, oh man, it just makes so much sense, bro, you should have me dying in elementary Like it was always I did two things very well, sports and being funny. That is it. I mean, I have I have other arts stuff that I can do. I just didn't want to do them. Like I can sing, but I just don't. I was never comfortable with it. Say you can sing, yeah, I was never comfortable with it.
Speaker 1: Man, I can't.
Speaker 2: And so I was just like that's like so the singing was like poetry. It's like I can do this thing, but I don't. Like I don't this saying I was always uncomfort like comedy, I'm never uncomfortable when I was singing. I was always uncomfortable, never uncomfortable doing comedy.
Speaker 3: I spend the most the time uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm only I'm only uncomfortable when I'm around comics because they're weird.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm uncomfortable. Let it out. I just like, like I get uncomfortable. Like if I had my choice stand up comedy would not that wouldn't be it.
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 5: No, you know what I'm saying, Like, I just can't. I just I kind of have to. But like, man, I'm not I gotta get up here. I don't know these people. Oh no, in Detroit or wherever.
Speaker 2: I like, I'm about to say some goofy ship. You guys are gonna and I know you guys think it too. That's the funnest part. I can say, I can say the wildest thing and you guys can be like, yeah, this is a That's the part that is.
Speaker 1: The funnest part. It's like affirming. It's like, Okay, thank god, I'm not maybe the psychopath.
Speaker 2: Laughing at this, Like you guys think it to you just you'll lose your job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I have so much fun.
Speaker 3: I know I have fun.
Speaker 1: I have fun, But like, comfortable is not what I'm.
Speaker 2: So comfortable on stage, it's off stage wrong uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Kean, you came to us today with the conspiracy that that I'll be honest, you don't give a fuck about and we don't give a fuck about. This has been a fine conversation regard that we've been having a great time, y'all, don't my mama told me.
Speaker 2: To suck a dick, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Let go and we should get that old older woman to record or saying suck a dick in the place of me saying it, so that it told me. Yeah, and either way, we need to take one more break and then we're gonna do a voicemail together and then that'll wrap the whole thing up.
Speaker 12: Ke or my mama told me, I'm annoyed because I know all of these saying that you play.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I know all these of a certain age.
Speaker 1: Man our references are very Yeah, it's all.
Speaker 2: We had some classics, though. I still I show my kids afro Endo the other the day. They almost threw up. Really from I show my kids all the old stuff. They love it. Really, they watch like they watched ninety sitcoms. I showed all this stuff from e Bomb's World, like all the baby dying. They be like, Dad, this is incredible. They actually don't like a lot of their stuff. Whoa like when like music I'm telling you they're old. Like when I play music, I let them choose because I don't want to be like like oh back of my day. Introduce it to them and they choose that over like they watch Fresh Prints every night, they watch like family matter. They watch that makes me feels.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel good because I think as nineties kids, we we want to be like no our time kind of for pop culture was objectively the best in America, but.
Speaker 2: Even our parents and the everybody then that time was like that's how fe reverence. There's so by everybody. There was this article seventies and nineties are always like the two the everybody's like they didn't miss.
Speaker 5: There was this article where it was talking about there's this idea of like in design of everything, there's form versus function, and the nineties was when form met function, like like on the Perfect Access and then post that it's like spun out. But like that's why that's why aesthetically like so much of the nineties stuff is so good, Like it's not just like it's not.
Speaker 1: Just music, it's cars, it's media, it's like all these things.
Speaker 3: I think there something happened once we started being able to like our cameras became so high definition that they started to feel they lost some of like the comedic distance that you need, right, you know what I mean, where like everything just feels so sexy and intimate now in a way that like makes it not as funny as what Family Matters was in nineteen ninety whatever the fuck right where it's just like that is the exact amount of technology we have, and it's the exactly.
Speaker 2: Those dummies was funny every every time.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, because we just.
Speaker 2: We just watched the Family Matter, I mean Fresh Prince episode when they went to Vegas. Yeah, when they did the Tonto dance, which is still famous today. Right when they threw Carlton dummy against my kids, lost it, lost it.
Speaker 1: I love a dummy falling out of.
Speaker 2: It was so obvious. It was so like bringing back all that when you could see the stunt double bring that back. It was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That's what technologies to advance, and so now we we've lost that.
Speaker 2: Going back, we were watching True Lies.
Speaker 3: We were with.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 2: They didn't even bother trying when he's riding on the horse. If you paused the movie, it's a completely different dude, and we only know because we saw it line. We're like, that is not arnold and it just who cares? It was amazing, hilarious. That's Godfrey. It's hilarious.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 2: The stunt doubles, amazing dummies and stunt Doubles bring back obvious.
Speaker 3: We're gonna we're gonna do a voicemail together. We're gonna listen to one of our listeners sweet voices. Can we do the food one this time?
Speaker 12: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 10: It's crazy being called a freak bitch on a Tuesday afternoon and I'm just trying to work.
Speaker 2: We didn't tell you fellas.
Speaker 10: I just want to say, y'all podcast is definitely like my favorite find of twenty twenty five. YouTube algorithm blessed me and I've been rocking ever since, so shout out to y'all show. I definitely called the wrong number. First. I thought with some black shit like mama, m A m A, but it was moms. So there's that. We learned something every day anyway.
Speaker 1: I had a theory, you can't be mad that we didn't get the exact perfect phone number. It was a Google number. It's you want to it's a sex line.
Speaker 3: Mama want we we gotta we got what we got. We got what we got. Yeah, don't judge that she seems nice. Continue, yeah, please.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I had a theory, y'all, So listen. I am a tall person. I'm a tall lady, and when I was grown up, no one was really tall with me. Right, I'm forty one. I feel like you know, I was definitely always ahead of the class, taller than the teacher even right, taller than most of the boys in class. When you look around, all of these kids are hugh mong is. Now we always say like, oh, it's something to meat. They're doing something to the food. They're definitely doing in the food. They're definitely doing something.
Speaker 2: To the food.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, But what if they're just giving up for the second round of slavery in America? So they got to make us all big as fuck again. There's gonna be like slavery drafts or some ship because otherwise make it make sense where with all these tall people when I was growing up. AnyWho, I love you guys. Keep doing what you're doing. I didn't say my name in the beginning. It's Divanna. I love you guys, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: By thank you First of all, how tall is she? That she was taller than the teachers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, six foot or at least at least of people. Six foot is like the normals. Like no that that normals like five nights.
Speaker 3: Six foot is not even close. It's very it's like two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are like stupid about height right now.
Speaker 3: The the the feeling that I the sick feeling I had for those little fellow teachers that have Divonna and there his class.
Speaker 1: She seems sweet though. Do you think she was like going off on them?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think she seems like just men's ego though.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, a little girl is taller than you.
Speaker 3: I think that's really hard.
Speaker 2: The teachern't male teachers used to be insecure.
Speaker 3: And I think the way that the kids, the kids are constantly looking for a weakness in you. And the second that the tallest girl in class is bigger than you and middle school, we would know we're not doing your homework. No, damn, you know what I mean? Like, that's a hard life.
Speaker 1: Really are the only people who can make me feel bad for a teacher? Yeah, I really don't like them.
Speaker 2: It's a really hard job.
Speaker 5: No, I had a bad run. Those are my cops. I didn't experience a lot of police brutality growing up. I experienced a lot of teachers being not not great.
Speaker 1: I tend to feel like it's a position of people that we deify when a lot of times it's just a person with a job or I think that, like, uh, I think that the harm that they can cause, Oh, it really goes under the radar a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is your experience with the teachers is the Atlanta Hawks just just not good the whole.
Speaker 5: Time, the whole I had to run a really really bad I'm sure there's some great ones.
Speaker 3: Sure there's some good cops. No, let me see what happened to me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The point is, here's what I think. I like her conspiracy theory. I do think that white people are also getting bigger.
Speaker 2: They are. That's that's why that's the flaw. And I think it's all for the Olympics.
Speaker 1: I would I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: Oh you think this is just because we're losing an education. We're losing, but we keep dominating in sports, and I think that's what it's for. It's like we're gonna win it something.
Speaker 1: Do you think that we continue to dominate its sports if people want to come.
Speaker 3: Here less, Yeah, because we're still going to be the major broadcaster of this thing, are we? Uh, China is gonna come get that? You don't think Asia is gonna.
Speaker 1: Come get that.
Speaker 3: I don't think they. I don't think they work in entertainment the way we do yet. Oh okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's I don't mean the medals, I mean the like running of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think once they start cooking in entertainment the way.
Speaker 2: We're the freedom we have first of all, so how can you do it.
Speaker 3: You need to be able to talk a little bit of shit and make it provocative.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that they hain't got none of it.
Speaker 1: I have been saying, once we lose entertainment, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: Like once we stop dictating pop culture for the world, I don't think we I'm not saying we become like the worst country in the world or anything like that, but I think that that's like a gap that doesn't get and you see it, and this is.
Speaker 1: Listen, I understand. Make you sound like very conservative or whatever. There's never been so much foreign influence in American pop culture in my entire life now, the grip is but even but even, like the Internet's been around.
Speaker 2: For a while, yeah, and we when the Internet started, we were like the catalysts for it, so we still had our stuff. These kids are like only Internet their whole lives.
Speaker 1: There's also a level of quality that we are not. We are not achieving that we used to achieve.
Speaker 3: The biggest the biggest movie hit last year was or this past year is K pop demon Hunter, And I think that is being served up to kids for a specific reason to your point of like, this is a mixing of like, hey, we do America is not in charge, yep of the media landscape the way that you originally thought it was. And now I think that's dope in terms of like access as a person who throw I fucking love that I can watch whatever anime I want now for the first time in my life. But on the flip side, I do go, well, fucking you know, Demon Slayer, it was the biggest movie last year, right, And that's that's weird that that suddenly is like the way the game works.
Speaker 1: We're still the funniest country.
Speaker 2: We have the freedom to do so.
Speaker 1: I mean there's free countries that aren't a funny as.
Speaker 2: I know, they didn't grow up with as much like trauma. Yeah, British people country trauma. You know what I mean, Like we have so much to draw from from our bullshit. We're so fucked up that it's like, oh we got a lave. It's just to get through our goddamn government. Sorry, goddamn you know whatever, like.
Speaker 3: And nobody's coming for us. Yeah, although I mean on the internet in some other people cutting Yeah, they cutting up. There's people on TikTok people figured out the algorithm. Well we did it.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 3: Ke Could you tell the people where they can find you?
Speaker 2: You got going on keon dot com or my link tree Campoli. I'm the only one person with my name, so I'm super easy to find. It's k e O N p O l e E on all the socials, on YouTube on like, it's just my name for everything. Please check out my special. It's doing insane numbers, which I don't know. I don't even know how that happened because I'm not famous. People just like the ship. Hell yeah, so yeah, check out the clips. Some of you might have already seen me, but oh I've seen that dude for the clips. Did fifty millions. So yeah, you can go on that and check out all my stuff and then if you like me, follow come to a show. You know what I'm saying? Hell yeah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when they hit me, she was like, would you like? I was like, me and David go back. We started together, Yeah, twenty two, way back. So okay, I started in twenty twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Okay, trying to pretend to be younger than you, but I'm older.
Speaker 2: No, he's older than I'm older. I'm forty one.
Speaker 3: I'm twenty six.
Speaker 2: But he's trying to man. So they were like all doing the thing in Sullivan House and all that, and I would you know, they were the few the people that I liked.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, yeah you remember, like I was sinking about a fighter that we had you on where and you put you with your shirt off.
Speaker 1: We were trying to sell tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes you got to put a buff nicker and I think you are absolutely hilariously talk mutually.
Speaker 3: This is thank you for doing it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys having me for what you got.
Speaker 5: If you look up my name, there are people who may try to get money from you. Cool guy joke City seven on Instagram.
Speaker 3: I don't really have anything.
Speaker 5: I'm doing a show, like a one off show in like the lyric hyperiod in January, but I don't even know the date yet.
Speaker 3: So hell yeah, that what I got.
Speaker 1: No, I forgot what I was gonna say. I love you, he loves you.
Speaker 3: And there's was there somebody outside the window that window windows and thank god they're doing that. These windows are filthy. We were all worried about it and that's why we come. Yeah, anyway, you can follow me on Langston Kerrman on all social media platforms.
Speaker 2: I just I thought I was.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, None of this means anything. But if you want to see us on see me on tour. I'm still gonna be on that aspiring Deadbeat tour. It's happening all through the spring and I'll post about those day. It's on my social media. You can go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be in New Orleans. We're gonna be in New Orleans and March.
Speaker 3: In March. Uh, we'll be in New Orleans. We're gonna be doing a live My mama told me pot it'll be fun. There's gonna be some dope people there, so and U yeah, go go check that out. Favorites, favorite favorites, I think Mandel and Jamel, Yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Would be fire.
Speaker 3: And most importantly, send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories, tell us who else we should have in New Orleans. All at Ma Mama pod at gmail dot com, give us a call at eight four four Little Moms, and most importantly, bye bitch, hey bitches.
Speaker 9: That one.
Speaker 3: My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart podcast.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Langston KRK.
Speaker 3: Co hosted by David Bori.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Joe L. Monique. Co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin Kohn.
Speaker 2: Music by Nick Chambers, artwork by doegon Kreem.
Speaker 3: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube, follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel