Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cavino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Comedo on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. Who. All right, let's go. I hope you're having a New York Yankees type of day. Saw that day won already eleven two six bombs. That's what I'm saying. I'm moving so hard for Rich's Mets to lose tonight. We got that bet. Remember whoever has the best record one thousand bean a Roos. Cavino and Rich broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Remember we have our YouTube channel up and running. You can see us live. See my sweet new jersey T shirt that I'm rocking the jersey devil man. You can see me sweating. I just ran to get a little uh can of coffee. Yeah, fired up for today's show. Flying by the seat of his pants. It's just what he loves to do, making everybody else wait and wonder where he is. So here I am, Oh yeah, sexy devil Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis and we be rocking all let's go. Thanks again. Our YouTube channel is at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR. You could chat live. We're streaming live. Join the fun YouTube dot com Slash and Covino and Rich FSR. Danny g is here looking handsome. We got Iowa Sam, Hi Sam? How do you do? We Gotijah on the videos Low and Crowns in and out. Hope you guys are having a great day and good vibes, Good vibes and prayers to our friends in Minnesota. Terrible story first week of school already some piece of garbage causing problems school shootings, but you know, sending our best over there. Hate hearing that. But we're gonna have fun today on our show regardless sweep what we do. Are gonna get to midweek Major. We have Mike's words of wisdom. We're gonna talk about gold diggers. We're gonna talk about a dilemma and it has to do with buying tickets for your wife or girlfriend. We'll explain lots of fun. If you're watching us on our YouTube feed, Cavino, can you do your best Fernando Cruise face. He struck out whoever it was on the nets to get out of Remember, he was on the injured list for a minute and wanted to come back and do his thing. He said he felt like a lion in prison. I believe was the quote. He felt like a lion in prison, not being able to contribute to the Yankees. He gets out there and just had so much emotion that if you just saw the clip, it looks like he was frustrated, We're angry. He was just fired up in that moment. Man. But the way he looks is how you feel when you have a teenage daughter. That's what I posted on my ig at Steve Cavino, because they frustrate you, and he gets you so fired up and angry sometimes that it makes you feel the way he looks. But he just he's just in the zone on the mound. So anyway, is it true? I once read that when you have little kids, I have an eight year old and a five year old. Danny g you got a two year old little boy, but you also have like teenage and twenty some year old step kids and stuff. Seven of them, twenty five of them. He had seventeen of them. He's a I was gonna call by phil what's it? What's the go to NFL player with the most kids? Now? Is it still KRAMARTI?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Philip Rivers is in the conversation still even though he's retired. Oh about I was gonna say Tyreek Hill is the latest yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, not to be specific, but he had more kids than touchdowns last season.
Speaker 1: I was thinking more I had more kids than doesn't Russell Wilson had bathrooms. It doesn't count. If it's with the same woman like Philip Rivers, right, that doesn't count. It's got to be like scandalous track hoes around kids. What do you mean but not coy not four kids? Do you say baby normas? I think there's a big differ, say the most baby mom as you said who had the most kids? Yeah, if please, I think there's a big difference. But my point.
Speaker 2: Is give Anthony Edward some time to.
Speaker 1: Wait five years. We'll say. My thought is I have little kids, so my wife is you know, the total mom. That's like, I want them to live next door when they're grown up. I don't want them to go far. I don't And someone once told me, your teenagers are a pain in the ass. To take that thought away from you, right, so that when they go to college and and leave the nest, you're okay with it because by them being a pain in the ass, it just sort of makes it feel okay. Yeah, yeah, no, I agree, But you still want to keep in touch and welcome them back home if they ever need it. I always try to paint the picture of this is always your home, but get out of here. But this is always your home, but scram But yeah, exactly, so I'm going to stay. You know what's stage I'm in. I'm excited as more than you can think. Not about the Mets beating up on the Phillies again last night, not about our bet, not about baseball getting down to the wire eight days till football. I'm excited about a ponyball little league draft tonight. Tell us I printed out. Tell me about Danny. Danny g must think I'm a luticu. I go, Danny, what do you mean, dude? You sound like you're shot out of a cannon. Everyone thinks you're a lunatic. Everyone listening, everyone in the studio, everybody know. Would you believe my Danny? Would you believe my five year old son. He's been in school a week and a half. They had to move his chair twice because he talks too much in class. Can I answer that question, Yes, I believe it because his dad is a nimrod that never shuts up. They said, he finishes his talk too much. You never shut up, You talk too much, run DMC stuff. They said, Oh boy, you never shut up, he said. They said, he finishes his work early, he's a good little student, and then he paces around the classroom. I can't believe it. His dad never shuts up. He's a chip off the old blockhead. So I'm excited tonight I got my little league. It's a bitch pony ball the draft, and I'm like, Danny, can you print out my scouting reports? I can't wait for this. So hey, it's a great time of the year for sports, fall ball for kids, NFL, MLB. But I think the story of the day that caught my attention because it's funny as hell. We haven't talked about Bill Belichick and Jordan Hudson in a minute. Huh Yeah. I prefer it that way. And by the way, I think they love being in the news and That's why they pull antics like this because it grabs headlines, It gets attention she likes she's a young woman. You don't think she likes the attention. That's the world they live in. I think every girl lives for the gram, wants to go viral on TikTok. Every young person that is, Yeah, you know, that's the life they live. The more viral, the better. That's how you stay in the news by making headlines like this. And today's headline is they trademarked the term or they're trying. They filed to trademark. They filed the trademark the term gold digger. I mean you could try. Lebron tried to trademark Taco Tuesday. That did not work. But Jordan Hudson and Bill Belichick, you painted a picture that I sort of agree with. You try to satisfy your partner in every way. Mmm. Hey, that's right. You try to. You try to accommodate what they want. And you can imagine she's a young twenty something who's into the social media pr type of world, and she's hot and attractive. What young, hot, attractive girl her age doesn't like that sort of attention? Can you break you don't think part of it's like, but Billy like it would be fun, Like don't you like being on TMC? And he's like, God, let's just throw everybody. I'm telling you, it's the way to do it. It's how the world works. Just shut your old mouth up and let me handle it. I guess, make sure happy. Why don't you zip it grams, It's already been undressed. I mean, don't cry, Okay, just follow my lead. Think Bill Belichick's a hella cooler than we give him credit for. I think I think he puts this facade up that he's a grumpy old guy. But Belichick's way cooler. And I think we've all done it where you saw Patrick Mahomes do this on Quarterback. If you think back to season one of Quarterback on Netflix, Remember he was at a party at his house and you could tell that he was just aggravated to Brittany, his wife wanted to take a picture in front of every Instagram opportunity with balloons and decorations. And after a while he's like, all that's enough picture to do it for the Graham Man. That's the world we live here. After a while, he was just fed up I mean, you should see my life, dude. I can't even bite into my meal without pictures being taken first. That's how it is. That's just how it is. My girlfriend's in her early thirties, so she sort of lives that life. And you know, if we get a dessert, my first instinct is to stick my face in it, and she's like, no, I gotta take a picture for us. Yeah, she has to do it for the Graham. You don't think that young Jordan whatever her name is. What's your last name again, Hudson, Jordan Hudson isn't doing the same. Absolutely, that's life. What's funny is Covino had a picture of him like on the beach with a beautiful sunset in the background, and I go, oh, yeah, this picture you took? He goes, do you think that was from me? I was the test subject to see if the lighting was good, And then I had to take twenty five pictures of my girlfriend. True stories, Like there's one picture of me because she just wanted to test the light. Stan there, Yeah, that's good, right there, Okay, all right, now get out of here. Well I pose, So here's the thing. If the world, here's my thought on Jordan Hutson, Bill Belichick Instagram. Husband, if the world is gonna call her a gold digger, if the sentiment is, I ain't saying she's a gold digger, it's the sentiment is that she's just hanging a bill because he's you know, famous and rich and old. Then you're not going to change the opinion of knuckleheads around the world. So why not just lean into it? And sometimes leaning into it is your best bet. Then you're then you sort of owned the narrative. It's like the Big dump it over. It's you know, the story was cal Rowley hated that nickname big Dumper. That's stupid. I hate it. Don't call me that? Why cause I got a fat ass. I don't like it. Ome on God, my mom doesn't like it, My family doesn't like it. No one likes it. I don't want to be the big dumper. And of course, the more he denied it, the more people leaned into it. And then eventually he's like, you know what, screw it. Then if you can't beat him, join him. I'm leaning into it, and I'm a big dumper. Now I love it. If you lean into it, you then create and control the whole narrative exactly. Hey, I'm the big dumper. I have over fifty home runs. I'm the most home run hitting his single season catcher of all time. You know me, the big dumper. If you're gonna call Jordan Hudson a gold digger, then you know what she's gonna say. All right, cool with the intention. By the way of making a jewelry line, a inexpensive jewelry line is a pretty cool, easy way for young women to make a little extra ig cash. You'll be rocking some bracelin necklace on Instagram to be like, if you want to buy it, it's here right billy, and there's a link, and it's gold Digger jewelry. It's all lean into the narrative. I give her credit, is my point. I heard a similar story recently about Gronk. Gronk was being interviewed and I forget who it was, but hey, props to whoever asked. They're like, did you like the nickname Gronk? He's like, no, I hated it. He goes my whole life, no one called me Gronk. He's like, no one my entire life called me Gronk until I got into the NFL. They started calling me Gronk. He goes one of his brothers was Gronk. He was never Gronk, and then he leaned into it, owned it to control of the narrative. Like you said, but I'm so good you brought up Gronk a because I love Gronk. Great, dude, I love Gronk. I love Gronk. Broder that Gronk love you too. So Grenk's a great example because not only the n name, he leans into the if the world's gonna say he's a bonehead like frat boy dope, yet he is clearly being like, all right, if that's what you guys think of me, then I'm gonna do a grunk beach and I'm gonna do grunk. Hey, big dope e football player here. We just need you be a big dope in this tide Pods commercial. You okay with that? You got it, bro tide Pod? Yeah whatever you want. Yeah, I'm the big dope, all right, pay me now. So yeah, Rich is right, He's embraced it, he leans into it. Doesn't matter. He's still getting paid and everybody loves him for it. We love him. Then we're not laughing at him. We're laughing with him. He knows the deal. So what do you think about this trademark? And it's not the first thing they've trademarked. They've trademarked chapel, bill and illustrator, And you know, it makes me think of another story. Rich. They trademarked a bunch of things, by the way, So she's not just in it for the support of Bill here, this is an opportunity. Oh, Billy Rich always tells a story about how he had a pal and his pal was the big like known for being the big fat party guy that ate a lot of buffalo wings. But instead of just like being the fat guy that ate a lot of buffalo wings, it became his identity. He just leaned into it. Yeah, let's just uh, we'll call him Brian. Yeah, and he made his whole persona. He's like, I'm Hawaiian Brian, and I am fat and that's what everyone calls him and it's permanent. Like that's because he's like, well, you know, if I always hear a Hawaiian shirt, everyone calls out my shirts and like that's my whole gimmick. Like, wayan, Bryan, right, are you Hawaiian?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not even Hawaiian. That's the point. So he leaned into it and it's his identity. And that's what we're getting here with Jordan Jorde Don Hudson the gold digger or is she? Or is it just a partnership where they're both getting what they want from this situation. You know what, I don't deny that she loves Bill Belichick. I think I think she does. Can I think it's just an interesting relationship. Can I give you proof of how it works when you lean into it instead of resisting it. Well, when you resist it, it's harder to win because people know your buttons and then they lean into it. It'll agg When you lean into it, it takes away from manly, it'll aggravate them, but also it makes them look like, oh man, you can't take a joke with a stick in the mud. The best example of this for us personally is Mike, who runs this place, who exactly when we started working here, we just got the sense that Mike like had a lot of pull. And you guys love to immediately point out not as much pull as shit thing you guys are misunderstanding. You guys were the new guys here at the time. Right, and it irritated Dan Byer so much, especially Dan Bier, all of you guys. But to me, I worked here. Mike's a great guy, and I was like, man, I feel like that. In my mind, he was our point person. In my mind, Mike was like a top executive at iHeart And you guys like, no, it's not the case. But the whole joke of like, yeah, mikel runs his place has become like a five year running joke on our show. Now, who imagine if he didn't play along, how lame that would be. I'm offended. That'd be so weird. Matter in fact, later today you could win a prize on our show. Don't take it personal by playing Mike's words of wisdom. You know, the guy that runs his place, So he.
Speaker 3: Plays along, but he still thinks he runs his place.
Speaker 1: I mean he does. That's a great dynamic. I don't think he does. I treat him like he does, so I'm not messing with Mike. So it's a lesson learned, really, and it's stating the obvious. When you lean into it, no one else can quite as hard as you. It takes away the power from the people, and you take control of the narrative, Like Rich said, if there's a nickname or something that's just rubbing you the wrong way, if you take ownership of that, people back off on it. And that's what's happening here with Jordan Hudson. Did you figure, all right, I'm the gold there in that trade market?
Speaker 2: Did you guys hear or see that narrative? Really we heard all about the age gap. Obviously, that's what you guys mostly talked about last year.
Speaker 1: But isn't that implied? No, if she's a young woman dating one hundred and five year old, but she football when.
Speaker 2: She had things going for herself though, ain't no million dollars And that wasn't the word you guys ever threw out there.
Speaker 1: It really wasn't. It was more than anyway. But I think it goes along with the with the yeah, like we're said, insinuation that it's quite word. It's it's insinuated because I think of another word the same way, like, yeah, Anna Nicole Smith was a famous playboy model. We all knew her. I mean, do we think she loved that ninety year old? Like the guy that you came out of a cryptom?
Speaker 2: Belichick is really offended you compared him to that corpse.
Speaker 1: I think she did like and love that guy I live in Grandpa, Like, hey, guy, you're really sweet. Here's a Butterscotch's that type of friendship. I think she did so. Anyway, that's the butter scotch. It's clearly an understanding too that they're running a business. She probably handed him like a fixed sex doll and he thought it was her. Bills ninety seventheen years old. What do you think about us trademarking chapel Bill, whatever you want sounds good. Probably she probably handed him here, Yeah, yeah, yeah, trademark. All right, all right, well, hey we got a lot to get to. Props to you, Jordan Hudson and Bill Belichick. We're actually giving you credit. You're owning it. Get that, get that trademark, make that money, have some fun with it, own it, own your own narrative. A lot of people talk about our show like those two dopes. Yeah, we'll be the best two dopes all day, will be the dopiest show taken over. You know what I mean? El where the two dopes? Okay, let's be the two dopes, and let's be the best dopes we could be lean into it perfect because snap into it perfect because Danny brought us dunce hat that we're gonna we're gonna wear from to it. Hey, coming up, there's a lot of fun we're gonna get to. We are gonna give away prizes midweek majors on the way. There's a story that I want to get to next, more of a more of a what would you do? And it has to do with buying tickets for a sporting event or concert, So we'll debate that. We'll talk a little NFL. There's some moves being made a week before the season starts. We're talking Tom Brady, my buddy Rob just hit me up with something I got to get to next. It's he lays out, like in a little paragraph, why this might be the best week zero in college football history. They're saying, this first opening week of college football could very well be like the greatest start to a college football season ever. And we'll talk about coming up right here, Covino and Rich from searching online, asking your friends and family, there's lots of ways to look for jobs, but what if you had a team of experts that can help you find the right role. Your local Express Employment Pros office is your one connection to endless job opportunities, which is one appletion that can help you find a job at a company it fits your needs, So visit Expresspros dot com. I like Express Pros as always, Express never charge you job secrets a fee. With more than eight hundred and seventy locations, there's an office nearby ready to help. Express knows when local companies are hiring, even for jobs that may not be posted yet. Express also offers benefits and competitive pay and in just one interview that prepared to present you multiple companies that fit your needs. Go to Expresspros dot com. Get started to discover for yourself what it's like to have support in your job search. You can start now by going to the Express Jobs app. Download it today to search jobs, apply and contact your local Express team. Thanks again, Expresspros dot com. I always loved Daryl Hall and Bubba Booey. It's not bumb it is Bubba am I the old man my money. So Jordan Hudson. Jordan Hudson trademarked something else. They've trademarked a lot together as a power couple and gold Digger. They try is the latest not going to get it though. Well that's the latest attempt. Much like you said, Lebron tried to trademark Taco Tuesday. Dude, you're half Mexican. Did that bother you that Lebron tried to take Taco Tuesdayday? No, it didn't bother me, but yeah, it didn't happen, Never happened. Did want to take it over? Taco Bell tried as well.
Speaker 4: That you can't talk to John's owns the copyright, I believe which I grew up a Taco John's, but everyone uses it.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your taco leftovers on this hump day, go and to turn your hump day into a hump night. Don't know what that means, but it sounds fun. Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Remember we're on YouTube streaming live. You can see our dopey faces and you can chat live with other Fox Sports Radio friends. Just search Covino and Rich FSR. Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Our boy Elanjah is handling that and Danny g is handling the phones eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Let me tell you as if you don't already know, if you're a college football fan, you know, but again, I'm the first to admit I'm an NFL guy. First, I'll watch college football, but NFL's my bread and butter. NFL is my passion. College football though, Week one, they're saying could arguably be the greatest Week one ever. You got three top ten matchups, Texas at Ohio State, LSU, Clemson. Don't you watch Ohio State just for the marching band for the Grand Marshall And that's you know who does that backwards happening.
Speaker 3: Dotting the I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he dots the I. Rich watches just for that pretty impressive Notre Dame Miami. Now you might say, who cares about Cincinnati. That's Travis Kelsey's alba mater. They're playing at Arrowhead against Nebraska, Georgia Tech against Colorado and coach Prime without Shador for the first time, you know, Alabama, Florida State, cal Oregon State. And then, speaking of Bill Belichick, to tie it all together, Monday night, Bill Belichick mixed his UNC debut at TCU Monday Fun Day trademarket Monde get to get it going. So gonna be a great weekend of college foodball. So can't wait for that? Yeah, please do.
Speaker 4: I was Sam, it is going to be a great weekend of college football. I'm a little worried though, because if you have YouTube TV. There's a standoff right now between Fox and all of its properties and YouTube TV. And I know that the Iowa Hawkeyes are hosting the Albany Great Danes and that's on FS one says Albany Albany Albany. Weirdbany? Is it Albany Albany Albany?
Speaker 1: But then again, I was at the school the other day and I said Oregon, and so it's like Oregon.
Speaker 4: What the hell is that with OREGONI But anyway, so FS one, Big ten network, Fox, I believe these are all in jeopardy if they don't get this, uh, this conflict resolved here before the weekend.
Speaker 1: They always wait till the eleventh oh they always.
Speaker 4: And then they use customers and I don't even know if thats I just know that Gorilla Monsoon used to say that on wrestling, don't wait till the eleventh hour. They push it to the eleventh hour so that they can get customers to like Badger the other side be like, hey, give us our whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, didn't they already promise refunds. Though if I don't know, it doesn't happen. I saw some sort of announcement about that. But yeah in Jeopardy you said it. Buster. Now I want some. You might have to go to the game, might have to buy tickets. Transition Jones, we're talking about buying tickets. Well, I got a story I want to share with you. Guys's much like Bill Belichick. We're the same guy. You know, We're in the same sort of situation. My girlfriend only with me because of you know, my money and everything, my sweet Fox Sports radio contract. But that's right, I'm her sugar day. I actually I'm her Stevia Daddy. I buy her coach bags, not Louis Vaton bags. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to bust in here again.
Speaker 1: I wait pause. Sam has an update update.
Speaker 4: So this is according to uh This is from CNBC from a couple hours ago. Google said Wednesday that it reached a short term extension with Fox vervent it's channels from going dark on its YouTube TV streaming service. But that will expire at someone But so it looks like we're in the clear here for this weekend.
Speaker 3: So I just want to update people. There was an update there.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sam.
Speaker 3: That's very important.
Speaker 1: So I just want college football fans. Looks like a good one, but I just want Sam to repeat the following Covino on Rich, Fox Sports Radio Nation.
Speaker 3: Coven on Rich, Fox Sports Radio Nation.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I just wasted your time. I'm sorry I was wasted your time. That happens won't happen again. Thank you, Sam. Thank you.
Speaker 3: A little behind on my infro, I love itybody.
Speaker 1: There was a controversy going on. I saw that It's okay. I called it week zero. That was last weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm relieved to read that.
Speaker 1: You know what, It's great. College football fans are happy to hear your your updates, Sam. But let's talk tickets real quick and they will get to Elijah's update. There's a there's a thought if you don't happen. I thought it was worthy worthy, like Xavier, like James, it's worthy for your feedback here on Fox Sports right now. Well, I'm glad you deem it worthy. Let me explain my situation. I have a younger girlfriend that's necessary to the story because well you'll see you take her to prom no but close. She's a big Jonas Brothers fan. So she loves the Joe Bros. And when it comes to music, I mean, I built my life around music. It's how I got into radio. She's not really all that into music, so that's really like her thing that Joe Bros. She likes pit Bull too, but who cares, right, So Joe Bros. I saw the other day that the Jonas Brothers, who to me are pit Bull's great, don't brush past that. I'm not like, she really doesn't love a whole lot of music. Like, so when I hear about the Joe Bros. I'm like, oh, wow, that's something she's into. Fun fact, I found this so admirable. We interviewed pit Bull when we were down to a super Bowl in Miami, Dolly. He sat down with Kavino Ritch and I remember him telling me that if you ever go see a pit Bull show, he has to approve every ass shaking model that goes on stage. It's not like a casting director or some person. He personally needs to take a tough job. If there's a girl shaking, should investigate this for dirty jobs. If there's a girl shaking her butt at a pit Bull show, just know that he personally hand picks the ass Shakers, and I thought that was handpicked and intended. Admiral. Good for him. He does a great job, Dolly. I call him Pitt Bulge. If you saw the pants he was rnning when we met him, you would know what Miami white tight pants. Anyway, my point was when it comes to music, she really doesn't have that many acts that I associate her with that she's really into. So I saw in my algorithm that the Job Bros. Who I think of is like a Mickey Mouse sort of like little kid band basically. But I know they're all growns up. We've interviewed him. I know they're grown ups now, but not my thing right my dad purity rings like twenty years ago. They're all like either married or like play irrational. You think dudes listening to Fox Sports Radio or like yeah, man, Joe Bros. Rock on. It's not it's a different generation. You might be the first person that ever uttered that phrase. By the way, Joe Bro's rock on right. So she's in her early thirties, so she grew up loving them. I saw that they're playing September sixth at the Into It Dough like that's a pretty cool concert venue. Wouldn't it be nice of me if I got tickets for her to go to the show. So I brought it up to rich and I said, I think I'm gonna try to reach out and see if I can get some tickets. I'm sure sold out. I'm gonna try to figure something out. Maybe I get some tickets, but not for me and her to go, for her and her friend. And Richard's like, why why don't you go? I'm like, well, I mean I would go, but I don't. I don't want it. I was a waste of a ticket. And it made me think of like, what would you do when you buy these tickets? Is it for them to use or is it for us? For you and your wifey, you and your girlfriend? Because I think when women buy you tickets as a gesture of kindness, I got you tickets to the game, it's rarely for you and your bro. It's it's most of the time for you and her to go and have a good time. So you're saying, but in this case, I'm like, I feel like I'm buying them for her and I want no part of it. Really, I'm not saying I won't go. I'm not saying I'm the worst guy ever and I'm too cool for that. But I really don't want to go. I think you'd have a better time than you thought. But that's a relevant a fan at all of that. All Right, let's say you're let's say you flip it right, and your wife or girlfriend bought you tickets to a Cowboys playoff game. Hold only be more realistic to a Raven's playoff game. Okay, And she's like, Babe, Ravens bills like, you know, divisional weekend, I got tickets. Are you assuming she's like, I got two tickets for you and your buddy Hank, Or are you assuming she's saying you and I are guy, I'm thinking like you and Hank are going, especially if it's like especially if it's something like wrestling too. And I'm not saying women don't like football. I'm not saying women don't like wrestling. But if she's like, I got wrestle Mania, it's don't you assume that it's for you and a friend, or you and your brother, you and your buddy, or you in a coworker or a colleague? Huh? Is it for her and for you? So if I get her these tickets, am I expected to go to this Jonahs brother's concert or is this for like, hey, this is for you and one of your girlfriends to have a good time. You know, I don't give a Diddley squad about those guys, brother? Can I had a layer that I think is even makes it even more interesting. It's like ticket giving etiquette, like how does this work? And would you go to this show? And whatever Rich is about to ask. So I'm just gonna add one layer because I think you could even add another layer all you're right, hey, babe, I'm thinking another layer of cake by the Ocean. Please go go if they play their solo stuff you like Nick Jonas levels, levels, levels, there's a good one. It's not me saying that they suck. I'm saying I'm not into it. You'd go there, you'd have a good time, But I get into it, pun indentity, you'd be into it. I again, I'm trying to think of like the least likely show you'd want to say, right, It's like, you know, I get it. You don't want to go see the Pussycat Dolls with your girlfriend or she doesn't want to go to uh WrestleMania with you. I under stay here's the next layer. So answer that question. Eight seven, seven, nine nine one fox. If you get the tickets, is it? Hey, honey, I got tickets for you and one of your girlfriends to go see you know, the Era's Tour, you know when Taylor was having a show. What if you have kids that are mildly interested. I'm at the point now where if you were to be like Rich, I got Mets playoff tickets or game tickets? Oh man, is my instinct like go with my buddy or bring my son? At this dame of the game, you're full on in dad mode, dad life. You're trying to give them memories and experiences. You're trying to build moments. I think you take your kid, Danny G. At what age? Your son's still too young? But at what age? At what age? Game does CoA who Danny G' son is two? He's not there yet, he looks six, But at what age he's as big as a ten year old? At what age? Have you got two Dodger tickets? Do you say no, my son, not my buddy. It's a tricky one.
Speaker 5: Get you.
Speaker 1: I went to the National League Championship Series last year, Mets, Dodgers and watched my Mets lose because I'm the worst luck in the world. In front of me was a couple with an infant and like a three year old, and the whole time, my buddy is and I are like two wasted probably like five hundred dollars tickets. You said about two wasted tickets right me in the seat at the into It Dome watching the Jonahs brothers is a wasted ticket. That is a wasted ticket. I'd rather be on my ass scratching my thighs at home alone, chilling out while she's having a good time. I'm a sucker for you, you know, sing it along. So what's the etiquette here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Enrich, there's a reason we haven't taken Coha to his first Dodgers game yet. He's not ready. He won't sit still in a seat or the island. We don't want to torment the fans sitting around us.
Speaker 1: And better yet, you know, if you flip the script here, you know, for all I know, she'd probably have more fun with one of her girlfriends, right, and that's what she would want to do anywhere. That's something to keep in mind too. You sort of touched on this before. If your wife or girlfriend buys you something, buys you tickets, and you want to take your bro because that's what you and your bro bond over. How do you break that to her? Because she's like, yeah, I got you these, and uh, we're gonna have a great time. Like, you don't even like this, but me and my buddy do. I got two Dodgers Padres tickets. Yeah, oh, I got John's gonna love it. I mean me and you, babe are gonna lie yeh. She bothers you about your love of the Dodgers all the time. When's the game over? And now she wants to go to the game with you? I want to go with my buddy. How do you break that news? So your thoughts, your feedback at Covin on Rich and of course eight seven seven nine nine. Is it implied Rich, whoever buys them like you're the plus one? Is that implied automatically? Because I don't even want to be associated with it. I'm just trying to do something nice and get the tick. I don't want to be dragged into this show. They want to bond. I feel like everyonding's great, but not at the expense of my free time. You know what? I mean that sounds like you're a selfish ass. No, because you're freet the ticket. What don't you get about See, I'm speaking to the wrong guy because Rich wants to leap into that opportunity because he likes the Jonas brothers. Man, I'm not saying they're not. It's not my thing. You know what, I don't take I didn't take her to go see a system of a down in corn with me. That's a great shotel, Yeah, but I'm not expecting her to do that, right, be a wasted ticket, you know what. Think about it as old people would say, put that in your piping smoking and uh, let's go to Isaac Lohan Cron for an update. Isaac, what's up? And Crown, Well, this just Dan.
Speaker 6: The Department of Psychology at Princeton University has just officially dubbed this the Caveno conundrum. Solation really prestigious to have something named after you. And in another Caveno related story, the New York Yankees today defeated the Washington Nationals eleven to two. They had six home runs, including Aaron judges forty first, Cody Bellinger's twenty fifth. Max Freed had a no hitter going for five innings before it was broken up. Atlanta one of Miami twelve to one. They had five home runs, including two by Jerks and Profile. Right now, the Mariners have four to nothing over the Padres. At the top of the six inning, Seattle's au Hendy out Suarez a three to one home run is forty second. The NFL today suspended Kansas City Chiefs receiver Rashie Rice six games for violating the Personal Conduct Policy. Ravens signed safety Kyle Hamilton to a four year, one hundred million dollar extension with eighty two million dollars guaranteed. Raven's also signing former Cleveland Browns quarterback Tyler Huntley to their practice squad. The Browns meanwhile signing former Patriots quarterback Bailey Zappy to their practice squad, and the Patriots have been awarded former New York Giants quarterback Tommy Dovedo long waivers and release receiver Kendrick Bourne. Finally, we have the first and what promises to be a long series of Travis Kelcey Taylor Swift nuptial updates. The Las Vegas Gentlemen's Club, the Crazy Horse three has offered to host a joint bachelor bachelorette party for the Happy Couple clubs owner telling TMZ, quote, We're not sure if Taylor would let Travis walk into the club on his own, so we're inviting them both to join the party.
Speaker 1: Unquote.
Speaker 6: Now we're yet on the rumor that's propagating on social media that the festivities will include the popular Fox Sports radio duo Cavino and Rech popping out of a cake wearing nothing more than a microphone and a smile back to you guys, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Isaac. My hot take from yesterday was the Kansas City Chiefs were so key in keeping it a secret because I told you they put a picture of Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift in their Hall of Honor. Ed Kelsey said, this happened two weeks and you got to assume you're not going to put a picture of some star player and his girlfriend in the hall of honor. They knew it was happening, and man, people kept their mouth shut. You I'm surprised it wasn't Lee. Think of how many people did not leak that Taylor and Travis should sell tickets at Arrowhead for this wedding. Think of the money they can make can imagine they had imagine they had a secondary wedding at Arrowhead and gave the proceeds like sick children. Maybe the heroes of the world were being seen. All right, Well, hey we got more Cavino on Rich. We'll get to midweek Major Mike's words, wisdom, and a bunch more coming up right here. Fox Sports Radio. Hey, hey, hey, it's Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and it's time for our tire ract. Play of the day. The Mets game was as close as our bet. Take a listen, the two swinging a line in the left center base head. Put it in the box. The Mets have made it two straight over the Phillies. Arte scores from third. The Met's poured out of the dugout Nemo's waiting farm between first and second.
Speaker 4: Here comes the shower of water and sunflower seeds.
Speaker 1: The legendary call from how He Rose. In fact, every time the Mets win, my Mets chat does a meme of how He Rose, pumping his fist and it says, put it in the books. That is your tiract Player of the day. Nimo comes up big. The Mets own Philly. They just don't own anyone else. Tyrac's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, ship Fast and free back by free Road has a protection convenient installation options like mobile tyre installation tierraq dot com. The way tire buying should be again, Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox is the ticket Dilemma ticket etiquette, Nicole, thanks for calling the show. If I buy my girlfriend Jonas Brother tickets, do I gotta go with her? How does that whole thing work? What do you think? And you said, flip it? If it's game, if she buys you game tickets or wrestling or something, so I gotta take her. What's uping to call?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. So I've got a good example of this, though, I do think it should be clear about like who the participants should be. Because I got a Taylor Twists concert tickets in Paris, you know, a couple of years ago, a year and a half ago, and I told my husband, I said, hey, babe, we're going to Paris. I got tickets to see Taylor Swifts. So we got to go to Paris. And I guess I wasn't clear because he doesn't even care for Taylor Swift at all.
Speaker 5: And so when we go to.
Speaker 7: Plan the trip, he's like, wait a minute, you got those tickets for you and your girlfriend and me and her husband.
Speaker 5: Just got to go with you? Like what, we.
Speaker 7: Don't get to go to the show?
Speaker 5: I was like, absolutely not, you don't want to go to that show.
Speaker 8: So I think he.
Speaker 5: Got to be clear about it.
Speaker 7: But honestly, if I were to say, hey, babe, I got some Jonas Brothers tickets, he'd be like, you're definitely not taking me correct.
Speaker 1: See. I love this story, but I'll tell you this about being clear, I have about the clear answer, and I'm going to tell you why. I have an example of what exactly to do. But let's go back to the golf. Can I give one caveat I'm a I'm a dad of little kids. Any chance we have to go out the dad of a little dinosaurs? I feel like if there's an opportunity for a night out, sometimes you do things you don't want to do, Like if you know, if my wife's like, babe, I got tickets for something, just hanging out together without the kids seems of awesome sometimes Gil in virginuawll Gil.
Speaker 5: Hey, fellows, what's up? I got two quick takes and a question? Yeah, I think Nicole nailed it on the head. You got to be very specific. In a marriage, it's easier to buy two tickets and say, hey, here's two tickets to whoever you and your girl go have fun because you guys know each other. It's a lot easier. But if you're dating and you buy a ticket or two tickets to go see the Jonas Brothers, I would assume she's gonna think it's for you too, So take that into account unless she says, bro, oh.
Speaker 1: Cool, Gil, you're you're a genius, and he's right, it's it's interesting, Gil, I do want to hear your question. But think about it. If you're married, some of that etiquette goes away because you're a team, you love each other, you have longevity. If you're dating someone new, they might think you're sort of a douche. If you're like, yeah, I got your tickets, but I'm not going, she may be like, you don't want to hang with me? Still there? What's the question? Nice thing? What's up? Gil?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 5: When are you guys gonna come out to Virginia.
Speaker 1: It's a good question. But you know this weekend, that's what get happened. Kavino's gonna come watch at UNC game with you Monday night. You hit me, Bill Belichick. No, I'd love you though, man. Yeah, hopefully soon. Kavino was just saying, we should do a road trip for the show. Let's do it soon, Tony and Minnesota. We'll take one more for now, Tony, make it snappy. What's up?
Speaker 8: Hey, guys? Love the show? No, thank you, I just wanna Yeah, I just want to let you know. I was in the same situation. Just recently bought tickets gift for my long term girlfriend. Told her she could take anyone she would like. I couldn't get out of it. She was adamant she had to take me. So you need to just be extra careful to make sure that your girl is the one that's going to just drag you, even if you're trying to get it as a gift.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Tony, I think, if you're the type of guy that you don't get to spend a lot of time together, maybe you work a out on the road. Do you travel a lot? She might think only God it's a date night out. Be careful of that. Well, i'm gonna give you the answer, the conclusion next. And of course we got midweek major and we're giving away prizes right here on Covino and Rich