Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yo, what's up, buddies, Covino and rich In for the guy that's gonna be on Family few Thursday, Dan Patrick and the guy that's gonna be in the Oh Yes, Happy Gilmour two in a couple of weeks, the Great DP doing it live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Con rich What if the sandman's listening right now? Since he's such a big fan, what do you want to say to him?
Speaker 1: Skip any duel? Are you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, Vino and rich In for Dan Patrick live from the Fox Sports Radio studio here in Los Angeles. Rapid Radio is the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: Where's your sound effect? Dude? Wrap it radio my bev.
Speaker 2: It's our push to talk service with national LTE coverage, requiring no subscriptions ever get them before where bad weather occurs. Visit Rapid radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. And after the show, the DP podcast and on our stream will be going up. If you miss any of today's show, any show ever, listen to the podcast search Covino and rich wherever you get your podcasts follow rate and review give us five stars. Yeah, buddy, and you know it's speaking of rapid radios and emergencies. You know, we try to keep it light here on the show, but my wife's from South Texas, so she's even more like glued to these terrible stories. And it breaks your heart for everyone, but especially if your parents and you have little kids. It's like I found myself like tearing up watching some of.
Speaker 3: These videos that camp.
Speaker 2: It's the most brutal, terrible story ever in my heart, and all of our hearts go out to everyone dealing with what they're dealing with them with the flooding in Texas. There is an update and it's a positive one. I don't want to get you a new terrible update, but the NBA, the MAVs, and the Rockets have donated over two million to Central Texas for the flood victims.
Speaker 3: So that's cool.
Speaker 2: So people are getting together donating and doing the best daycoun I'm some you know, some of the time lapse videos of how quickly that flooding could happen is scary as could possibly be. So again, thoughts and prayers and all that good stuff to people. Then in South Texas, it's honestly, it's it's awful like it's it'll bring you to tears. Especially like I said, Danny g you got little kids like you think about you send your kid to camp and the unimaginable.
Speaker 3: It's discussion.
Speaker 4: I think, just instead of thoughts and prayers, it should be thoughts and prayers and.
Speaker 2: Donations and actions and donations and yeah, yes that's you ain't kid and buddy boy, but uh yeah, moving along Coveno and Rich Now we mentioned it before the break. You get old, you live a great life. Our buddy Wes and Vegas hit his stuff. He goes what you're talking about. We mentioned this woman who's going to be on a cruise. She has planned out the next fifteen years of her life. Knock on wood, God willing, she lives to ninety two, she's seventy seven.
Speaker 3: She plans on being.
Speaker 2: Out to sea for fifteen years where she's gonna end up seeing four hundred and twenty five different places in one hundred and forty seven countries.
Speaker 3: And it's like an all inclusive deal.
Speaker 2: For he paid one hundred and thirty thousand dollars for a little suite, but it's three thousand dollars a month for laundry and housekeeping and meals for the rest of her life for the fifteen years. That's wild to think because when you think about what a retirement calculator will tell you, Danny g we've all done it. You go to your four to one K, you go to your bank account, You're like, what do I need to retire a damn more than Yeah. So when you think this woman three thousand dollars a month, that's probably her Social Security plus a little something mixed in with only one hundred and thirty thousand dollars, and she's doing all this. So our buddy Wes in Vegas hit us up and he goes, Guys, you know, maybe not fifteen years, but this is becoming increasingly popular.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of one hundred plus day cruises that are way cheaper than old folks homes. And if you're functional, why rode away sitting in a room in an old folks home when you could see the world something you never did.
Speaker 3: Your whole life.
Speaker 2: Because people live in fear. That's really the answer. I mean, why why wouldn't you do it? How many people do exactly what he just said they're just boards staring at the wall. Unless you are as I think to do this as I like to say, unless you're super grandma or grandpa and you're very involved in your grandkid's life one day and you know you, let's say your kids live low. Traveling for old people is a way different mindset. Just think about I always say this, and you think I'm joking, but I'm not. When my family would travel just when I was a kid, like we'd bust out my grandma's trunk, like it looked like something Indiana Jones had with maps on it. It's like it was like an excursion just to go to the country. No, but if let's say we were going to another country when I was a kid, Yeah, like I'm not even sure the luggage had wheels, ordeal, it.
Speaker 3: Was an excursion.
Speaker 2: So if you come up with that mindset like traveling is a big deal, then of course you're gonna not think this way when it comes to your tirement because the world's a scary place.
Speaker 3: It's a much smaller play.
Speaker 2: I think it sounds to us and younger people now it sounds like a remarkable idea. And I threw out the other one where if you're a big baseball fan. I always think it's cool when I see, like, you know, dad retires in his sixties or seventies and he decides I'm going to hit up every baseball stadium and maybe he meets up with his kids or something.
Speaker 3: That's a cool one. But the the fifteen year cruise, that is, that's a new way of thinking. That's like.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I think our parents generation is slowly warming to the idea of traveling.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, you're right. It used to be like.
Speaker 2: Doing a two hour drive was a lot. My parents made it seem like my family vacation. Driving a couple hours was a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it still is to a lot of our parents, to our parents still to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, mom, you know, I'm from New Jersey, Union, New Jersey. I'm like, why are you and dad take a ride to Boston or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't got time for that. All the world, all the time in the world is three hours away.
Speaker 2: Take a ride to I wish your father would take me to the Smithsonian Museum.
Speaker 3: I'm well, take her dry, We'll take a train. Yeah, it's not that far. Your family, your family's house in Union.
Speaker 2: Honestly a three day weekend and like go see DC and Baltimore, like you could have ever done it, like ever, because it's it feels like so far away. Like I said, they it's an excursion. It's not just a little getaway or a weekend trip. It's like it's a.
Speaker 4: Big viellage my mom. My mom claims that traveling gives her a vertigo. Shake it off, all right.
Speaker 2: My aunt Sharon, not this woman who we're talking about, Sharon Lane, My aunt Sharon. Actually have an aunt Sharon. She's the best. She moved to Rhode Island. It was like it was like Riva there. She otive wah peewee otive wah. By the way, speaking of Peewee, might as well have moved to the Moon. Speaking of pee wee her, I guess we're never gonna see her again. It's a three hour draw. Those states are so close together.
Speaker 1: They're tiny.
Speaker 2: But that's the mindset of an older generation. So I think that's why this is news because she's seventy seven years old. Sort of unconventional, but that's what this cruise line is offered.
Speaker 5: Health plays into it too. You got to be up and willing to do yes if you're and it's a big good health and it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's baby steps. Rich.
Speaker 4: I give my mom some props because last year she drove halfway down California and.
Speaker 3: That was a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're right, some of our parents won't even drive two hours away from their home city.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the late great Paul Rubens. We've given him way way too many shout outs today. But I had watched that documentary recently, and if you remember the last movie he made with Joe Manganelo, pee Wee's Big Holiday, the whole premise was pee Wee. Herman was the boy that didn't want to leave his town, Like nope, not leave it, Like he didn't want to leave it. Jo Manganello was this cool motorcycle riding guy.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 3: He's like, don't you want to see the open road? Pee wee?
Speaker 2: He's like nope, He's like, there's a whole world out there, pee wee.
Speaker 3: Huh huh.
Speaker 2: Because he was very content in his hometown. And that's a lot of people. And Danny, I know you're saying, because my mom lives on the East Coast and she's I'm flying her out here in August, she's gonna come visit. And I go, mom, My, Mom's gonna be seventy this year. And I go, Mom, have you ever been to Las Vegas. She's like, no, Richie, I've never seen the lights of Vegas. So I go, you know, mom, surprise, I changed your flight. She's like, what do you mean you changed my flight? I changed my mom's flight. I'm flying her into Vegas. I'm gonna go meet her in Vegas, show her Las Vegas for a day or so, and then come back to La And I'm like, but I just feel like our parents generation You're right, there's a lot of reluctance, which is why the story's even more wild. It's highly unconventional. That's why this is a story in itself, and it's not a bad idea. In today's world. One hundred and thirty thousand dollars takes you a long way. In this situation, for him und to tell you five destinations one hundred and forty seven countries, you actually get to see the world before you die. It's a different way of looking at things. It's affordable, very affordable. Like I said, look at a go to your fidelity or go to whatever chase, whatever bank you use. I guarantee if you do a retirement calculator. The idea that this woman for probably her social Security check a month for like you know, incidentals for one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. This may be the answer for a lot of people because we, you know, we as a country worry, like, you know, is anyone gonna be able to retire? Is the younger generation gonna be able to retire one day? Maybe everyone's just gonna cruise the world. Maybe that's gonna be the hot new thing. Maybe even maybe invest in like old people cruises. And it's a lot of pressure on the kids too, like what are we gonna do when mom and dad get older? I'm only I can only throw them in a cupboard for so long. Keep them in a cupboard. What are we gonna do with dad? Put them on a boat, Send them to Europe on a boat, Papa.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think it's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: And you know, on a side note, when you love what you do seriously, and we love what we do, and I hope that comes across.
Speaker 3: This is our fun, this is my fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to speak on be half for Rich, but I know Rich loves to play softball. This is my fun. I don't think about retirement ever. This is my fun time. I think that's like old people think this is my fun too. But I get it if you don't like what you do, you're like, man, I can't wait till I retire.
Speaker 3: I mean, because I'm like, I'm still in the game.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm not even thinking about bro retiring like that's some old people stuff like Sharon Lane, who's seventy seven. I don't even think that way. I think I feel like I'm gonna be one of those guys that works to like die. I think that this is my fun, but I think it also feels nice to hit a line drive, hit a nice golf ball.
Speaker 3: Do you think about retirement? I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think about it like I look forward to because that just means you're closer to dying, That's what I mean. But I feel like when I'm older, I feel like what we do is sort of fun. Like I feel like, you know, you know, when I have I have buddies that talk about retirement, and I get it because they're living different lives, stressful jobs things like that, I mean real stuff. We're the clowns on the radio when they started talking about that. I feel like we're generations apart. Man. Look at some of the legends we admire, Dan Patrick, Howard Stern, you know, guys that paved the way, right, they're all like around our parents' age, Like seventy is right, I mean sixty to seventy like they If you don't think some of these legends could have retired, they have the money to do it, but you're having fun and you're staying young. I feel like David Letterman's the only one that's done it the right way. In my mind, I'm a big Letterman fan always. I was always Letterman over Leno. I like Conan's my favorite, but I was always a Letterman guy. And I love that he realized, eh, you know the day, the nighttime daily show. Yeah, it's that's passed me by. But I'm going to do a cool interview show on Netflix where I'm still involved my workloads less. I feel like David Letterman has it nailed. He knew not to overstay is welcome. No one ever said Man Letterman should retire. He retired before people should say that, and now I feel like I would saying I feel like you strike me as a Conan and Letterman guy and not a Jay Leno guy.
Speaker 5: You're right, I do like Jay Leno, but I would put Conan in Letterman above him. Yeah, I watched Leno growing up.
Speaker 2: I feel like, uh, I feel like he's the guy that's done it right. And look at why do you think guys like Bill Belichick still coach? Because what's the option to get? What are you gonna put Bill Belichick? Bill Belichick want to be banging some hot twenty something year olds if he was on an old person cruise.
Speaker 4: I think we all realized that we need a we need a purpose in life, whatever your purpose is. And like my dad, two years ago he tried retirement. He even though it was like a year or two early, He's like, I'm gonna try it. Four months in, he couldn't take it. He couldn't handle it. It was just a list of crap around the house. Is my step mom wanted him to do? And he told me I missed the paycheck. So he went right back to his company and is pointing people around these construction sites again. He's back full time at his job. It's what you know, right, and if you still could do it, why not?
Speaker 2: I mean there are I mean again, you're right, there's so many layers. What do you think guys like Sparky Anderson and Tommy Lesorda and and uh Don Zimmer, why do you think those guys just stuck with baseball until it was like they had essentially they did them all right?
Speaker 3: I mean like because what happens is I think it was to get away from their wives. I mean that's part of it, right.
Speaker 2: I mean that dad is part of it because I look at my dad who's retired. My dad, I think he listens to our show every day. He watches and listens to like sports TV and radio all day. I love Michael kay He. He does love Michael kay He.
Speaker 3: Well, he does more show research than you do. My dad does. He should do his own day.
Speaker 2: He should do like uh, you know, Greg's retired, you know dad, Sports Guy show. He he walks on his yard, probably picking weeds, has his air pods in listening to our show probably now while he's you know, you know trim and his rose bushes. And I just know that he fills his time up with like, oh go to my dental cleaning like he makes it. You know, you start making a deal of these things because it's you got to fill yourself.
Speaker 3: That's you're one big agenda. The week.
Speaker 2: My grandfather when he retired back in you know, when he was when he was alive, you know, he ended up working at a gas station a couple of days a week pumping gas because he was so bored that he's like, oh, it was a mechanic for fifty years.
Speaker 3: I got to get out of the house. Need If you're not doing an old.
Speaker 2: Person johb go greet people at Walmart exactly, be a crossing guard.
Speaker 3: Do something. So that's the new thing. The cruise for life.
Speaker 2: Cruise for life Sharon Lane, seventy seven year old retired teacher for one hundred and thirty thousand dollars and three thousand dollars a month. Can you can you say all the world till she's ninety two? Can you request if you die on the ship? What do they call his burials spout where they light you on fire in the ocean.
Speaker 3: It's like a like a viking. Yeah, can you request like real you could? Can you request like if I die like ninety on the ship.
Speaker 2: Can you just like throw me in the ocean on like a little you know, one of those type of deals.
Speaker 3: I want a Viking funeral, a Titanic, just put my ashes on a door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hey, good luck to Sharon fifteen year vacation plan. I think if you're thinking about your retirement though, it's one of two things. You're old, and that's fine. Thank you for your service in this world. You've earned it. You're either old or you hate your job. And if you're thinking about it, find something else to do. Seriously, that's my motivational tom.
Speaker 3: Talk of the day.
Speaker 5: People are living longer these days, so you have to put more money away. So if you're retire by seventy five and people are living into their eighties and nineties, then they need ten, fifteen to twenty years of retirement money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See the world that's living. And that's the update. And now we know what Aaron Rodgers is going to do after this season. Can't wait, Aaron Rodgers me, Sharon, Now I want everyone to start thinking about things you relate to the party on because I can't even believe this story we're about to tell you. Man, there's a story involving Tyler Lockett, and we'll talk a little NFL.
Speaker 3: But you know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, we got to welcome a guy that apparently no longer has a dad bod. There was a headline that said, Patrick Mahomes says goodbye to dad bod and he's ready for the twenty twenty five season, and goodbye to his alpaca haircut. So broccoley head haircut. If you want to win a Coveno on Rich prize a swiggy as we film for Dan Patrick, We're going to break out Showtime Mahomes Trivia Call now eight seven seven nine nine on Fox eight seven seven nine to nine on Fox. It's multiple choice, easy NFL questions, and you win the coveted swiggy. Think about how many water bottles your kid lost this year at school or left at the play. This is your chance to replace it back and replace your own. No one could touch the coveted swiggy. It's our stainless steel midnight black GM mint water bottle, says Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: It's really nice.
Speaker 2: So this is your chance to win one easy game multiple choice with Showtime Mahomes we'll do that next and just a reminder MLB next week as we have the pleasure to fill in for Dan next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, we are gonna be doing it live in for Dan Patrick live from Atlanta Capitol One All Star Village that starts up Saturday, July twelfth through Tuesday the fifteenth. Head to the Cobb Galleria for baseball fun, live entertainment, and interactive games. Buy tickets today at All Star Game dot com.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up everybody?
Speaker 6: It's me three time Pro Bowl LeVar Arrington, and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 3: What is Up on Game?
Speaker 6: You ass along with my fellow pro bowler TJ. Hutchman, Zada and Super Bowl champion Yep, that's right, Plexico Burris. You can only name a show with that type of talent on it. Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with me LeVar Arrington, TJ. Hutchman, Zada and Plexico Burrs on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: You know, we gotta do we got we gotta get into this great story in a little bit. It has to do with things you relate to the party about Tyler Lockett's in the news. But before we do all that, here's a guy that lost his dad, Bod. There's a guy that's coming back with a vengeance. He thinks last year. He's gonna correct it. I'm talking about Patrick Mahomes. It's signed for show Time Mahomes Trivia.
Speaker 1: The mostly lovable Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Truth is, I want everybody to love me, not just the reps.
Speaker 1: It's time for some NFL trivia. I'm here, I'm here, Yes, we know you're here.
Speaker 2: All right, Patrick Mahomes here to play Showtime Homes Trivia.
Speaker 4: All right, our FSR Security walking are broke Patrick into the main studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are big time now filling in for DP. I like you, Yo, what's up Cavino and Rich Patrick?
Speaker 3: I saw you? Hey, Hey, who's this guy?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: What's up? Stone called Steve Austin's here. That's big Micah. Oh, hey, I thought it was Rick from Pawn Stars. Oh here you know Patrick? I love you your brother love you on porn Stars. Oh mama, yeah, oh mama.
Speaker 2: Great to be here, Super Pump Dad Bod season's over. Got my makeover, Dad Bot's Radbod, Me and Britt stepping it up.
Speaker 3: Let's go all right, let's do this all right, Let's meet the contestants. Twenty four time winner Rich Davis right over there. Let's go in for nineteen time champion Dan Byer. Is Big Mike who doesn't run anything?
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's that, Big Mike. Good to see you. Seven time champion Spotty Boy. Right over there is your dad bought also medically enhanced. No it's not, by the way, I have a big announcement, guys.
Speaker 2: I got the I got new abs, I got a high insight, and I'm here to announce with Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 3: I got BBL.
Speaker 2: I got a BBL for the season and they call me BBL Patrick. So yeah, got a little fat transfer right here, if you want to touch it, I did.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Cool, let's go to the studio lines here to see who's gonna try to win a see in r stay in the steel Swiggy Daddy makeovers bro Okay, all right, big Mike, Y'll use you for this. Would you love to travel too? Beautiful Indie, Indiana, Greenville, Michigan, or Knoxville, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I was a little distracted by the bbl over here.
Speaker 2: By the way, they're gonna be doing a lot of tush pushing in Kansas City. Yeah, out, you can stop pushing.
Speaker 3: Stop all right?
Speaker 4: Indiana, Michigan or Tennis. Let's go with Indiana, Indiana. That's Ethan.
Speaker 3: What's up guys, Hey buddy, what do you do for a living there in Indy?
Speaker 1: I'm a mail man? Nice?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Very cool? Hell you helping make America go around? All right?
Speaker 4: Here are the rules for Showtime Homes NFL trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champ. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got to ask Ethan, Ethan, is there a woman on your mail route that you feel like flirts with you or now, oh well, I do the mall here in Indy. So there is part a few.
Speaker 3: But I'm happily engaged and had my son about five weeks.
Speaker 4: Ago, respectable man, exactly. Stop trying to get him, Stop trying to get him in hot waters.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go Round one. Let's get it out, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Patrick mahomes I'm here, Patrick mahomes here. The first ever NFL game to go on a sudden death overtime was a playoff game in what year A nineteen sixty two, B nineteen fifty eight or C.
Speaker 3: Nineteen fifty five, Mike big Mic nineteen sixty two. No anybody for the steal?
Speaker 2: Ethan, you want to take a shot out? I feel like you're you know, you sleepy?
Speaker 3: Just say your name?
Speaker 2: Okay, so Ethan remaining what fifty five and fifty two.
Speaker 3: AD fifty eight and fifty five.
Speaker 2: Go at fifty five nineteen fifty eight, called Pete the Giants twenty three seventeen, and it was called the greatest game ever played until like a million games since then.
Speaker 3: All right, nobody on the board yet, we go to round two.
Speaker 2: All right, Patrick mahomes here. It's good to be here, Dan Patrick big time? What was I once quoted saying about my big.
Speaker 4: Arms, not your big I'm just big arms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got the gun arms. Aren't that no more? Dad? Bought?
Speaker 2: Was I once quoted about saying about big arms. You could have a big arm, and that's good and it helps out in the games, but it doesn't help you necessarily win games. B I had a picture of JaMarcus Russell on my high school locker.
Speaker 3: He was the definition of a big arm.
Speaker 2: Or see, I'd lift weights more with Chris Jones, but big arms would be bad for my throwing motion.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. I mean, either we're giving you all the time in the world. Hey, mister mcphey, wake up.
Speaker 2: Big arms.
Speaker 3: Rich Rich for the steal the Chris Jones answer. See losers man. I was gonna say, hey.
Speaker 2: You could have the big arm, and that's good and it helps out in the games, but it doesn't help you necessarily win games.
Speaker 3: All right, So nobody on the board. We go to round three.
Speaker 2: All right, Patrick mahomes here, who is currently listed by the Jaguars as their backup QB, Hey, Nick Mullins, B Bryce Perkins or C.
Speaker 3: Nathan Peterman.
Speaker 4: So you have to say you're spot first, spot body B Bryce Perkins.
Speaker 3: No Rich Rich for the steal?
Speaker 2: Hey, yes, Owen signed a two year, sixty actually six point five million deal with Jacksonvilleah, he doesn't get.
Speaker 4: Your kind of money, all right? So finally Rich on the board. We go to round four.
Speaker 2: Houston Texans joined the NFL for the two thousand and two season. They finished that season. It's what record A four and twelve, B two and fourteen or.
Speaker 3: C eight and eight? Mike Big Mike C No, rich.
Speaker 1: Ethan, you know what?
Speaker 3: All right? E said a A yes, right, barn Ethan on a board? What richest forty nine ers are going to be this year? WHOA? I said it? I said it won't. Mama, all right? Rich and Eastern in Brazil. Maybe let's go. I'm ready both on the board as we moved around five. All right, round five.
Speaker 2: Who's the only rookie to ever win the NFL MVP Award? Is it a Johnny Unitas? B Bart Starr or C Jim Brown B Bart Star?
Speaker 3: Are y'all? Is he right? No? He's not? He was so calm, spot spot seed Jim B Yes Bam nineteen fifty seven.
Speaker 4: Well that means we have a three way tie Rich, Ethan, and spot All right, guys, so for the three of you, we have a tie break right here, No multiple choice, the three of you just buzz in with your name to go first. Whoever comes closest, doesn't matter if you're over. Whoever comes closest, all right, Patrick, read the ot question here.
Speaker 2: In my dad's MLB career, Oh how many wins did he have as a picture between ninety two and two thousand and three?
Speaker 3: So in his career, Okay, in my dad's career, all right, guys, think about those years. Pat mahomes Ethan seven. Alright, well, Ethan, you've lost. I'm gonna I guess I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go seventy six.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go you know eleven, I'm gonna go forty eight.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing zero, even though I don't get a guess, I'm gonna go zero. The answer is Patrick forty two.
Speaker 2: Oh, spotty soon, spotty my pops before he was embarrassing me with John Rockford and all that stuff, Yeah he was.
Speaker 3: It's a low blow, man, but I'll let it slide.
Speaker 2: For thirty nine with four hundred and fifty two career strikeouts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Spotty with a great guest of forty eight, and that means that is your eighth victory in this game.
Speaker 3: Spot That's amazing. Questions. You're one up on top radio, Ethan.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you listening and playing the game there in Indy.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I heard you guys, Hey, thank you even Ethan. Good look being a nu dad. That's great, man.
Speaker 2: I heard you guys phoning over Tom Brady and the first hour. What about your boy here? Look at my abs, look at my wife. Man, Well I like that. By the way, you got some new weapons with your wife there, she got two new weapons. I mean I got to I mean whatever you guys, Patrick.
Speaker 3: By Patrick later Bud Patrick security walking them out, la Patrick? Something else? You could take your chair back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, thank you Patrick. He does look more trent he's and he's got that sweet haircut now, and you know he looked a little rumpus.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he might be like it not he doesn't have like John John Carlos Stanton ass. But I mean, he doesn't have Julio Franco ass. But I wonder if he was joking about that BBL. I don't know, by the way, you guys now that he's gone really quick. He said recently that he just thinks he and the team need to play like more, have more fun while they're on the field.
Speaker 3: Plane.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think, sometimes when you put so much pressure on yourself to be great, you gotta remember that, uh fun is a layer of.
Speaker 3: That threepeat pressure all year.
Speaker 2: Sure, So I think you know what, somehow, some way, you know, they'll barring injuries from key players like him or Chris Jones or Kelsey, they're gonna be right back to where they always are.
Speaker 3: Well coached, great personnel.
Speaker 2: Thanks again to Showtime Mahomes, Thanks to Big Mike who runs his place and spot. Congrats on the VIC.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you guys want to play along, we always give away prizes. We do this again next Tuesday. Covino and Rich always trying to bribe our way to more listeners. We appreciate it. So thanks for playing Covino and Rich Monday through Friday, two to four on the West, five to seven on the East. So I ask you this a question to ponder like Christian, like Samantha, Let's ponder what is something you were very late to the party on because we found out that, I mean because of you know, fine religious reasons. We found out that Tyler Lockett was a virgin until.
Speaker 3: He was thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trending on social media. Former Seahawks Pro Bowl wide receiver Tyler Lockett revealed that he was a virgin until he was thirty years old. He was a thirty year old virtues so rich he had you beat by two years. Lockett is a known devout Christian and said that he waited until marriage before having any relations with a woman. Now I'm not going to judge him for his religious beliefs or anything like that, but thirty years is a long I mean, listen, thirty years is a long hold on a guy with a lot of NFL options.
Speaker 3: Well, that's fair. He didn't really know what he was missing, did he, No, But that that is.
Speaker 2: True because I I do think that when you're an NFL player, there's just so many more you know, that job comes with stock options and ass options.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: So I mean, like when you're an NFL player, I can only imagine, And all his teammates were probably talking about.
Speaker 3: You know, we're going out tonight. I know these girls are waiting for us.
Speaker 2: It's a football player too, so you know he was getting a lot of attention. You know, it's I guess you know, you know his religious police are gonna trump all of that. But your thoughts on things you were late to the party on. Is there something that you will be like that you think about You're like, yo, everyone else was on that. I feel that way right now about something so insignificant. But hearing you and Danny and everyone talking about Love Island, I almost feel like I have to watch a stupid show because every day you're making references.
Speaker 3: And you're about twenty five twenty six episodes behind it.
Speaker 2: I know, but you guys, every morning I hear you idiots chuckling about it.
Speaker 3: I hear other friends like, who you're watching Love Island? So Love Island not virgins? Yeah? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Hey, they haven't the opposite familiar relations on TV. It's the wildest thing ever, So it could be anything simple.
Speaker 3: I'll start it off.
Speaker 2: I just got on the order my coffee from Starbucks app like, I don't know, six seven months ago. Yeah, Kavino is the guy that was still going in and like waiting for them to call at old school. But like, I'm like, I'm good, I'll just I'll order when I get there. I still refuse to say VENTI and all the other things. I still am that guy. I really am, like I have a medium that's cool because it just feels weird to me now, it feels weird. I don't like it. Italian makes me comfortable.
Speaker 3: Word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, have you used it? I'm only a little Italian. But I just started the app, just got on it way way to go. I mean, isn't that the point of the conversation.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I just got thrown off because Sam tried to make Starbucks somehow or another Italian culture all of a sudden. Isn't that not Italian words?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it's the culture. You know what I'm saying, Embrace your culture, Embrace Starbucks. I think family, the family is not Italian.
Speaker 2: Your your thoughts on things you relate to the party on Starbucks and Tyler Lockett and what.
Speaker 3: Happens to you.
Speaker 2: Sometimes your friends will start talking to you about a show that aired like twenty years ago. Like, dude, you're talking about what are you watching the Sopranos for the first time? Like, why are you bringing this up now? And that happens a lot like yeah, man, I just started watching, Like man, you're like twenty years too late, but that happens in life all the time. Like, man, all right, but I'm trying to think of that other example.
Speaker 4: I was late, at least in my circle of friends, getting my driver's license. I didn't get it till I was nineteen yo.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I wasn't driving, but that was pre Okay, Okay, I don't say that was pre Uber. That's actually a trend today. Kids today don't have the same urgency as we did when it came to getting our license because they have the Uber options and it's just not a priority to them for whatever reason, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So that's wild the NYG that you waited that long, so your.
Speaker 2: Thoughts will take your feedback, phone calls, all that good stuff. Next, filling in for our pal, the Great Dan Patrick. More next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Just another reminder, we're gonna be in it next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Filling it for Dan as we do it live from Capitol One All Star Village. That starts up Saturday, July twelfth through Tuesday July fifteenth, head to the Cobb Galleria for Baseball fun, live entertainment, and interactive games. You can buy tickets right now at all Star game dot com.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: We're live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick, the Hottest Rookies, biggest superstars, and the all time greats. The only place to collect them all is Panini Trading Cards. The official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show, for instance, classics, autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, and more. Start or continue your collection now at Paniniamerica dot net. Next to the Hottest Rookies. Why did you write in scataboo?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Man, that guy's a stuff? Is he Italian? He's a d It looks good in that New York Giants uniform.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Giants are such a question mark dude. That's what I love about the NFL. I'm not saying the Giants are gonna surprise everyone to make the playoffs, but hey, look what happened to Washington last year. The Giants, like you assume that you make personnel changes, eventually you turn the corner, right, you assume? I mean, could the Giants be bad again? Or is that whole division just a little more parody? Who knows. That's the fun of the NFL. And that's why we are.
Speaker 3: Less than sixty days until the start of.
Speaker 2: The sea fifty eight because myhome said he starts in fifty seven. I saw him the hallway because their first games in Brazil, Oh mamat Friday, and the kickoff is Thursday, Eagles Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And that's fifty eight days.
Speaker 4: Yes, in the last day of this month is going to be the first preseason game, which is the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's right around the corner, guys.
Speaker 2: I can feel it. You can feel it in your fingers. That's right, you can feel it in your toes. Hey, speaking of before we wrap up the show, it's been a great one. Today's Prime Day. You got any purchases in mind? Yeah, Dean sandsers jersey from UH Falcons Day.
Speaker 3: It is nice? Oh oh Prime. It doesn't have to be Primetime, doesn't anything.
Speaker 2: No, I think I've Writt an article about how they do too many prime days now that like, I don't know. My wife buys stuff every day anyway, So it's like, what is there gonna be more boxes than my doorstep?
Speaker 3: Who knows? Building a club? What are we doing? What we building?
Speaker 2: Botch just said it before. I'm like, oh it is. I'm trying to think of what I need.
Speaker 3: Is there anything spot?
Speaker 2: Is there anything that like you'd be like, oh, it might be a good time to buy your kid in new iPad or something.
Speaker 3: Is there anything like hot right now or Amazon? Amazon devices are always cheaper, But.
Speaker 2: I it's don't though there in case you were in the in the market for something.
Speaker 3: It's like shopping on an outlet store. I never know what's cheaper and what's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm looking for, rich for for CoA and you're a youth baseball coach. The the plastic tea, the whiffleball stand. Yeah, yeah, because he's working on his little swings too.
Speaker 2: Now I'm telling you sports equipment for these kids, not to sound because I'm far from being a boomer, but I'm fascinated by the sliding gloves, the sleeves, the every kid has a four hundred dollars bat. Every kid has our own helmet, Danny, do you remember ever having your own helmet? No, like you shared a you shared a stinky helmet with like your team and if they if the kid that wore your size was on base, sometimes you'd have to get up there with like a floppy extra large helmet on.
Speaker 3: Or a really tight one. Yeah. Me, I have a big head. I go there and have a little point.
Speaker 2: So no, I'm just thinking that too, because maybe you want to make a new purchase to wrap up our previous conversation things you were laid on. Maybe you need some new summer gear, because you know what I was sort of late on when people were rocking like stretchy denim, I'm like, what are you a ballerino your stretch pants? And then when you got it, I'm me're like, oh wait a second, oh and a shout out to you spoke to shout out to trap us Matthew with those featherwick because they're like next level comfy and they look good. But at first I was like, nah, man, I like my jeans the cardboard and rugged and stiff. Not anymore anymore at all. But one question, as we get ready to go to Atlanta next week for the All Star Game. You and I off the air, we're talking about the snubs, and the more I'm thinking about it, you know, we talk about do the fans get it right? And who do you want in the All Star Game? And I feel like my take's not going to be a popular one. I feel like the stars should be there. Even if they're struggling, there's still the stars. I'll be honest, I feel like not having Jan Soto there, they're saying the biggest snubs, our boy, Ben Verlander, our boy who we never met.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that guy.
Speaker 2: I like him, though, Juan Soto, George Springer and Suzuki on the Cubs, the biggest All Star snubs who should have been there and didn't make it. But I'm saying I don't leave it to the fans period. I think that's the lamest thing because as a Yankees fan, I said this yesterday, Oh you're getting is a bunch of Yankees and Dodgers who are a kind of undeserving the best I think he should be by merit, I actually disagree with you and the fact that the fans voted in it should be on do.
Speaker 3: You deserve it?
Speaker 2: There's a part of me that's like, that's that's a major accolade for a lot of people. If you have a great year, you should be in the All Star Game. There's so many people that take it for granted. I mean, you're allowed to have an opinion, but no, you're wrong, Like we've all had that right. You're like, yo, I know my opinion stinks. I get it should be based on merit. But if you told me who do I rather there, Bryce Harper or someone that had a better first half than him, my answer is going to be Bryce Harper. Who do I rather see played? George Springer or some Yeah, but if Bryce Harper's not bringing it, then he deserve to be an All Star. You're buying into like little league politics because he's the coach's son. He's an All Star. But no, I about the kid that really was the better kid. It seems impossible because he's unstoppable. But your dude, Aaron Judge, who, by the way, other than RBI's is leading this year in every category compared to last year's stats, and last year he looked like the greatest player you've ever se.
Speaker 3: So imagine if Aaron. The whole Aaron.
Speaker 2: Judge cal Rally thing is a joke, by the way, props to cal Raley, not to take anything away from the guy, but it's Aaron. Aaron Judges. His batting average is one hundred points higher. Yes, not even exaggeration though, okay, and he's what two home runs behind the guy. It's it's it's fatigue because Aaron Judges, Aaron Judge fatigue. My point is Aaron Judge, let's just say, which wouldn't happen because he's too good. But let's just say Aaron Judge started the year, had an injury and then was batting like two forty with eight home runs, and like it was not Aaron Judge in my mind, put him in the All Stary Game no matter what because he's Aaron Judge.
Speaker 3: I don't like that to me.
Speaker 2: Think you need all star numbers to be in the All Star Game. Hey, listen to my grandma. Man, have a great day. Thank you Dan Patrick for letting his fill in. Don't forget he's gonna be on Family Feud Thursday, which is pretty We're gonna.
Speaker 3: Be filling in next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Perfect.
Speaker 2: We'll see then until then, Ariba there baby, see you in the Promised Land.
Speaker 3: Have a great Tuesday. Goodbye everyone,