Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you, and I gotta say, if you're a person that loves the world of politics, even when it can be annoying sometimes Center, there is nothing more fun than getting ready for a debate day. And we're finally here, Donald Trump on stage with Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Today is debate day, and we wanted to do a special podcast today. We didn't do Wednesday's pod because we wanted this to come out on the day of the debate. And this is, as Muhammad Ali put it, the rumble in the jungle. This is the debate tonight between Trump and Biden. We're gonna break it down. We're going to talk about what to expect. We're gonna talk about what each side wants to do, needs to do, and where the media is going to fall out in all of this. We're also going to talk about breaking news that the Department of Homeland Security has announced they've identified over four hundred illegal immigrants brought to the United States by an ICE this affiliated human smuggling network, and about fifty of them remain unknown. They don't know where they are. It is frightening, and it underscores the risk of terrorism that every day keeps getting higher and higher and higher under Joe Biden and the Democrats' open borders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a shocking story and there are a lot of people that got in through This isis network that we're still searching for. Right now, we're going to break all that down for you. About a year ago, I decided I wanted to get back to my college weight. I had put on weight. I didn't feel like I was still active like.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be.
Speaker 2: And I was like, all right, I gotta hit that forty plus age group. And I was like, all right, I want to get my strength and vitality back. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. Well that is when I found out about Chalk and I can tell you it has been a game changer. I am now down sixty three pounds from last August. Now, the problem has been at South Fron levels are off a cliff historically, at an all time low, and that is where Chalk comes in. The patriots at Chalk Choq are helping real American men take back your right to proudly maximize your masculinity by boosting your testosteron levels up twenty percent over ninety days. In fact, I just started lifting weights again and I can tell you the Male Vitality Stack it works. Manufactured right here in the US of A. Chalk's natural herbal supplements are clinically proven to have game changing effects on your energy, your focus, your mood. So if you're sick and tired of being sick and tired of sitting on that couch or wishing you could go back and work out like you used to, check out Chalk maximize your masculine today at chalkcchoq dot com.
Speaker 1: Use the promo code Ben.
Speaker 2: You're going to get a massive discount on any Chalk subscriptions for life. Choq dot com promo code Ben for lifetime savings on any subscription limit time offer. Subscriptions are canceable at any time, so don't wait. Get your testation levels back up to where they need to be. Choq dot com promo code Ben for massive savings. Senator, I got a lot of questions that I want to ask you about debates. You've done a lot of them. You've been on stage in a debate with Donald Trump. How did you get ready for a debate, and it's you know, Donald Trump says, hey, I don't do it the traditional way. I'm certainly not going to lock myself away for a week at Camp David and take a lot of napps. He says, he's not really a traditional debate prepper. That can be good or bad. It's cost him. I actually think some debates in the past. So what is your strategy when you get ready?
Speaker 4: Well, my strategy is I think different from a number of people. What I do is I sit down with a team. It's typically a team of somewhere between five and ten people, and I'll spend at least a full day talking through the I don't do a lot of play acting. I don't generally have people that are that are mock acting as whoever else it is I'm debating. But rather I have really smart people, often their Supreme Court lawyers, who are sitting down thinking through, all right, what are the likely questions, what are we going to talk about? What are the topics that are going to come up. Part of it is we start with a meta strategy. What is my objective in this debate? You know, in a presidential debate, particularly in the primaries where you're having a bunch of debates, there are different times when you have different strategies, there's different times when you want to draw a greater contrast with one candidate versus another, And so for debate prep, I'll often start with, all right, what's my objective? A question that I will ask my team over and over again is what's a win? What do we want the headline to be at the end of the debate, And let's think backwards how we produce that, what is the outcome we want to be? And then we'll talk through who are the moderators, what are the questions are going to come? And then for me, rather than practicing an answer, I don't want answers to sound rehearsed.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want to just stand.
Speaker 4: Up and give a set piece, We'll talk instead about all right, what are the likely questions and what is the strategy or approach for answers, and and we'll go through that at considerable length and talk back and forth about Okay, how's the how is my opponent going to come back after that? And what's the strategy? What do I want my opponent to say, and what's my response to where they're going, and so it will be.
Speaker 3: It's actually been for me.
Speaker 4: Debate prep is very much the same way I would prepare for Supreme Court arguments. I would do moots at times, but particularly as I had done more and more Supreme Court arguments, I ended up arguing nine times in front of the US Supreme Court, and particularly for the later ones, rather than actually play acting out the argument, I would do the same thing. I would talk through with smart strategists where we wanted to go and what we wanted to get done.
Speaker 2: I love getting ready for debate prep and have gotten to be a part of it several different times at different levels. And I've also seen the candidate that over prepares. How do you make sure you don't do that? Because when you get too many thoughts and too much information and too many lines as you described, and can sound pre rehearse, that I've seen be a disaster for candidates. We've seen this on the national stage in President of debates before as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be wooden. You don't want to be overrehearsed. You don't want to come off as overrehearsed. I think the most notable example of that was in twenty sixteen in the primaries the New Hampshire debate, where Chris Christy went after Barco Rubio and I was standing there, I was right next to Chris, and I mean what Chris did DeMarco was as brutal as we've ever seen in any debate, because he is going after Marco and accusing him being a robot, and and Marco kept saying the same thing over and over again and and and Chris just pounded him for it, and and it ended up I mean, I have to say for the rest of us, but we were kind of like, all right enough, Chris cut you know, you're you're You're like, you're killing the guy. But but it was Marco ran into trouble because he had a set piece that I guess he'd practiced that that that he repeated I think three separate times in a row, and and Christy really took advantage of it. That's not something you want to have happened.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: The good news is, I think the chances of Trump doing that are zero. That's that's not how he prepares for a debate. And I don't think there's any risk of him doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's been a lot of this, and let's move to Trump about hey, is he is he getting ready the way that he should be getting ready. He had a weak debate against Joe Biden in the last presidential cycle that some believe may have cost him the White House. He also said in an interesting article in the Washington Examiner, quote, so I've been in sixteen seventeen debates? Trump answered it. In response to a question. He said, quote, I think I've won almost all of him. I did well against Ted Cruz. That would be you, who is a good debater? All these guys. I became president. Some people say I became president because of these debates. You can't tell until you get up on the stage, because it depends on how he comes out. And I think you know he's referring obviously to Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now look that's right. And Trump is very loose in debates. He can be all over the place, but he tends to punch back. That's his instincts, you know, in terms of how he prepares for debates, particularly now, I think what he does is he does rallies. He goes to rallies and he riffs that and he finds themes that he thinks might work, and he sees how people react. I think a great example of that is the Las Vegas rally he did not too long ago, where where he rolled out the idea of no taxes on tips and and and actually, you know when when I had lunch with Trump a week before last, he talked talked to me and all the other Republican senators about where that came from. And he said he was sitting in the hotel room right before the rally, and he and and he was having some food, and the waitress came up, and and and and he said, the waitress, she said she was beautiful. She was beautiful, and we all believed we all believed him. And he said that she was. She was complaining about the burden of of all the record keeping for her tips and and and that it was really a pain, and that she didn't like it. And Trump said he just pulled out pulled out a pen and wrote down no taxes on tips and and he he told us, he said, look, this didn't come from a white paper, This didn't come from a bunch of tax experts. This just came from the conversation I had with the waitress, and then he said at the rally, I decided to say it, and I said, no taxes on tips, and he said and they went crazy, They went wild, And I got to say, by the way, I think is a policy proposal that one is political genius, and in fact, so much so that the week after he did it, I drafted legislation and filed legislation to make tips tax free because I actually agree with the idea strongly, and I think Republicans should be the party of waiters and waitresses and bartenders and barbers and hairstylists and taxicab drivers and uber drivers, and we're a blue collar party, and I think no taxes on tips is right at the heart of it, a tax relief proposal that goes goes exactly to the people we're fighting for.
Speaker 2: But that's Isn't it amazing by the way that Trump, now two of his biggest things have connected, whether it's twenty twenty or twenty sixteen, were kind of off the cuff. That build the Wall part, which became a co the center point, the cornerstone of his campaign.
Speaker 1: Sixteen was the same thing. It was a riff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he talks.
Speaker 4: About that how at a rally, he'll he'll essentially field test things. He'll put something out and see how people react and listen. The man has a really strong instinctual sense of people.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 4: I think the proposal of no taxes on tips, without exaggeration, I think that policy alone could could win in the state of Nevada. There's an enormous number of casino workers who who who get a significant part of their compensation from tips. There's a reason that crowd went wild because it spoke directly to people who are struggling, who are working towards the American dream. And I think you're right he did that with Bill the Wall that he tries different riffs and themes, and so I would expect that that that same dynamic. You know, it's interesting that that interview you were reading with byron Yorke with Trump on debates, that there was a portion of it that I thought was was very interesting. Well, which is he talked about the rules of this debate, and here's what Trump said, he said quote. What they did, I'm pretty sure is that they approached me with a debate that I couldn't take. Dana Bash Jake Tapper, whom Trump referred to as fake Tapper in the interview, no audience, sitting down originally sitting down a dead debate, turn off the mics when you're not speaking so I can't interrupt him. They knew I wouldn't accept that because it was CNN, it was Dana Bash, Jake Tapper, and I like it audience, and probably he doesn't, who knows, so they thought they would present it. I would say no, and then they would say we can't debate because Trump said no. So I said yes before they even gave me the terms. So he got roped into it.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: I agree with every word at what Trump just said there. And it's interesting, listen. I think this debate, every one of these rules is stacked to be against Trump. The fact that it is in a studio with no audience. Trump feeds off an audience, He plays to an audience. Biden's terrified by an audience, says the reason he turns out six people to his events so that favors him. CNN, Tapper, and and Bash are going to come after Trump relentlessly. It's not gonna be Trump versus Biden. It is going to be Trump versus Biden and CNN. And and and and then the turning off the MIC's bit.
Speaker 3: Really is garbage.
Speaker 4: It's it's because Biden can't actually handle real conflict in the debate, and so he's asked CNN please stop mean mister Trump from from saying anything when I'm talking and listen. All of that skews towards Biden. But I also agree with with Trump's instinct, which is if he had pushed back, the Biden team desperately wanted to get out of this debate. They wanted to cancel it, and so they wanted to propose rules that that that were so skewed. Trump would push back and they could say, oh, it was Trump who canceled the debate, Guess we can't have it. And and so I completely agree with the decision. Fine, you get all the rules. It's skewed for you, We're going to have a debate. And and and listen, I'm gonna make a prediction right now. My prediction is tonight Donald Trump is going to kick Joe Biden's ass in this debate.
Speaker 1: Is How's he going to do that?
Speaker 2: And I want to go back to sixteen for example, you know, he was on defense a lot.
Speaker 1: He enjoyed that aspect of the debates.
Speaker 2: I think at some point when he felt like, Okay, I'm the front runner and everybody's coming at me on the left and the right of the stage. Then in the last presidential debates that he was involved with, he was on defense because of COVID in the economy and inflation and things that were happening. And this time he's not on defense. He can absolutely go on offense. But does he have to be careful about his demeanor? Does he need to philosophically get the audience from point A to point B and kind of tone it down a little bit and make it clear, Hey, look, I'm running because people are hurting and people that were not hurting when I left office are now hurting. Is that a strategy that he should implement. What should demeanor be?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look, I think it is very important that that he be toned down, that he not come in with a chainsaw. And if you look at the first debate in twenty twenty, the first debate in twenty twenty, he came out swinging, he was attacking, he was relentless, and I think the consequence of it is he bailed Joe Biden out Joe Biden was not doing well, but Trump interrupted so much that that it actually gave Biden an excuse just to shut up and let Trump be super aggressive. And particularly when Biden's answers are not very good, you got to give him a chance to give him and give him the rope to hang himself.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting.
Speaker 4: In this same interview Trump did with with with Byron York, he addresses this, So Byron York asks him, says, quote, a lot of people thought in the first debate with Biden that you were somewhat overamped, that you just went after him too much. Trump responds that I interrupt him. Yeah, I think And Byron Yorke says, do you agree with that? And here's what Trump said, Mmm huh. Then, after a short pause, he defended the interruptions before conceding that yes, there were too many. Quote, he lies so much. Trump said, he's going on everything he says is a lie. So I would call him because calling him out two minutes later is very tough because you know it's a lie. It's a lie. Everything's a lie. I've never seen anything like it. So when I would interrupt, it look like I agree. Though the second debate, I handled it much differently and got very good marks. And so look, I understand he was in the attack mode, and that's fine, but it ended up bailing bailing Biden out. I also agree with this comment there that Trump was much more effective in the second debate against Biden than in the first. And what I hope we see tonight is that Trump very calmly lays out the facts that Biden has screwed everything up, that Biden and heer did peace and prosperity, and that right now inflation is hammering working people, that that right now the economy people are hurting, that right now crime is rising far too high, that right now the border is an absolute chaos, and people are dying, and it's the worst in history. That on foreign policy, when Biden came into office, Donald Trump had just finished signing the Abraham Accords, we had peace in the Middle East. We now have two simultaneous wars, and and and what I hope that Trump does is simply lay out the facts that that on almost any every measure, the American people were better off when Trump was president than when Biden is president. And I think those facts are strong enough that he doesn't need to beat Biden over the head with tone or rhetoric. I'd let the facts do the work and and and and force Biden to defend himself. I would also try very much to surprise Biden, to cause him to ask him questions, to challenge him, not in a yelling manner, and because his microphone will be turned off of doesn't have the podium, that will be limited, but to challenge him very directly, to ask him questions that he can't give a set, memorized answer to, because I think Biden's prep team is giving him lots and lots of set memorized answers. They're trying to feed him substance that he can just regurgitate.
Speaker 2: Final question on this what do you think is the top maybe one to three subjects that Donald Trump has to make sure that he spends quality time on. And I may shock you on this one, you may disagree. I think there's certain issues that you don't spend a lot of time on. For example, I don't think you spend that much time on the Biden crime family, because I think you can get into the weeds and waste valuable time talking to the average American that might not care that much about that compared to the economy, or an open border, or a fetnyl coming across the southern border.
Speaker 1: The list goes on and on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: There's lots of concerning evidence about Biden corruption, but I think a lot of voters are not following that very closely. Those that are know about it, the rest, I don't think are going to be persuaded by it. I would have just about every comment Trump makes be about how your life is different. Look, the classic question, and in any in any election, is are you better off today than you were four years ago? And and on almost every metric, the answer is clear. For the vast majority of Americans things were better when Trump was president than now, and and and and so I would have it. I would have immigration front and center. I think it is quite likely that that that that Trump is going to talk about Joscelyn Nungary, the the twelve year old beautiful girl who was assaulted and murdered in Houston just a few days ago by two illegal immigrants Joe Biden released. I think he's going to talk about Rachel Marin, the beautiful mother of five who was raped and murdered in suburban Maryland by illegal immigrants that Joe Biden released. I think he's going to talk about the thirteen year old girl just a few days ago who was raped in a public park in New York by an illegal immigrant that Joe Biden released, And I think he's going to talk or he should talk about the eight suspected terrorist isis K terrorist from Tajikistan who were just arrested on suspicion of a terrorist attack a plot, and again who Joe Biden released, and I hope he walks systematically through one after the other after the other. You know, you look at how on defense, how unprepared Biden was for Lake and Riley during the State of the Union, where his defense during the State of the Union was well, an illegal killed her, Well, legals kill people too. You know, if that's Biden's defense, that's not going to go well. And given how horrific the facts are here, I think Trump. You know, there's an old line in a court of law, which is, if you have the facts, you bang the facts. If you have the law, you bang the law. If you have neither, you bang the table. There's some truth to that. The facts of just how bad Biden's record is are so compelling that Trump doesn't need to be overstated. And in fact, in the same interview he went on a little bit more and he said, quote, I was very aggressive in the first one talking about the twenty twenty debate with Biden. The second one I was different, and I got great marks on the second one. It was a little unfair because in the second one a lot of votes had already been cast. So I'm probably gonna look at the scene at the time. It's like a fight. It depends on what the situation is. And and so I think I hope he's going to try more to emulate how he conducted the second debate. I think he was much stronger in the second debate. And I think you asked what topics that Trump is going to be sure to raise, And that's actually when you asked me before, Ben about preparing for debates. When I thought about a Supreme Court argument, I would always come up with a list of what I call must raise points, and they're typically three to five points. And my test for it was if when the argument was done and I sat down, if this point had not come out of my mouth, would I be pissed. Would I be kicking myself saying how did I get through this oral argument and not make this point? Because it is critical, it is why we should prevail in this Supreme Court argument. I would think about debates the same way, and when I prepare for them, I do I think about, all right, what are the substitutive points that, more than anything else, I want people at the end of the debate to remember and to say, this is what the election is all about. So I think immigration is going to be a huge part about it. I think it's the biggest issue in this election. I think inflation in the economy is right behind it, and I think people are really unhappy with inflation in the economy. And I think I hope Trump does a good job of laying out, for example, the connection of energy and the Biden administration's war on American energy and why that's driving inflation. I think that's a very powerful point. And then I also think on foreign policy, look, Trump is going to point out what is it with Democrats in forever wars? That when Trump was president, he got us out of a war, he defeated ISIS and ended the war, and Joe Biden gets office, and he goes from peace and prosperity to the biggest war in Europe since World War II and the worst war in the Middle East in fifty years. And objectively, the whole world is on fire. And I think Biden. Biden has a lot of hubris, a lot of arrogance. He thinks is a foreign policy expert. And I think Trump making the point that Joe, you've screwed the entire world up, that there has not been a president who's messed foreign policy up this badly since Jimmy Carter. I think that will drive Biden crazy and is a point I really hope Trump makes.
Speaker 2: There's another debate that's going to take place outside of the Trump the Biden debate, and that is the debate that could happen with CNN in the commentators. The two people that have been chosen are huge hacks that cannot stand Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: The evidence here, it is.
Speaker 6: The dehumanizing rhetoric of Adolf Hitler is once again alive and well on a national political stage, this time, of course, in the United States, this time give in life by former presidents and current Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump. If you were to open up a copy of Hitler's Mindkomf you would find the Nazi leader describing the mixing of non Germans with Germans as poisoning. There's really no other way to say it. Donald Trump's language mirrors this directly.
Speaker 7: Longstanding anti Semitic trope that the true allegiance for Jews is to their religion rather than their country. It was used in Nazi Germany to justify the arrest, persecutions, and mass killings attempted extermination of the Jewish people, and Trump has been pushing this trope for years.
Speaker 2: Those are your two moderators of the debate, Senator, and look, I worked with Dana. I've done presidential debates with Dana. I've done post preimposed election coverage, convention coverage, debate coverage with her and with Jake Tapper. I witness it for seven years behind the scenes. They both hate Trump, they both hate conservatives. This is normal. There's no way this is going to be a fair fight. How would you deal with it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, they're going to come after him relentlessly. You're right.
Speaker 4: I've done lots and lots of interviews with both both Jake and Dana. I've done presidential debates with Jake and Dana. They're going to come in with an agenda. You know, it's ironic the portion you raised. You look at right now where all of the vicious anti semitism is coming from, and it's the left. It's the radical left that are protesting on campus, it's the squad, it's the Democrat Party. And yet in CNN world, it's Trump that is anti semitic. And it's just it is. They're coming in with a clear agenda. I don't expect them to ask difficult questions Biden. I expect them to go after relentlessly. I think they're obsessed with January sixth. I think you're going to get multiple questions about January sixth. They're going to try to prosecute them January sixth. I also we've seen CNN is obsessed with the trials. I think you're gonna get questions about Gene Carroll. I think you're gonna get questions about Stormy Daniels. By the way, none of which matters to an American family who's worried about putting food on the table, who's worried about keeping their kids safe. But CNN is not trying to ask questions that are helpful for a voter to decide whom to vote for instead. And when I said Trump should be overstated, I meant really with respect to Biden. If if CNN it acts like you and I both think they're gonna act, which is as wild eyed partisans. I think Trump should should be perfectly fine just calling them out on it. And they're so thin skin that they're so sensitive.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It was really striking this week when when when you had a spokeswoman for the Trump campaign on CNN and she was laying out both both Jake and Dana's long history of antagonism to Trump, and CNN ended the interview. They're like, no, no, I'm not gonna let you talk badly about my colleagues. We're done. You can't say that. And I got to say, Ben, when a so called journalistic outlet censors what you say and says you can't criticize us, we are beyond criticism. That's not journalism. And I think they are really thin skinned, and I think we're going to see that tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to you real quick about your cell phone and if you've got a cell phone. That is, with Big Mobile, you may not realize that when you pay your bill every month, you're supporting democratic causes and candidates that are running at the local, state, and national level with major donations. You may not realize your money is going to extremist groups, just like Plan Parenthood. That is why I made the switch Patriot Mobile. I use it, I travel all the time. I get phenomenal service and look in twenty twenty four, the Internet has changed. Cell phone service has changed, and you don't have to worry anymore about getting bad coverage. You're going to use the same exact towers that you're using right now. But when you switch to Patriot Mobile, something amazing happens. They take about five percent of your bill every month and no extraditional, no extra charge to you, and they give it back directly to causes, candidates and organizations. Is to support our First and our Second Amendment rights. They support the rights of unborn children, and they also support our military. Our veterans are wounded warriors. This is why I love Patriot Mobile. They make sure that when you make a call, you send a text, and when you pay your bill, you're making a difference in sending up for what you believe in. Check them out and I'm going to give you free activation. Go to Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict. That's Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict. Switching is so easy now technology. You can do it over the phone. You can keep your same cell phone number you have now, keep your same cell phone you've got in your hand, or you can upgrade to a new one if you choose to call them and see how easy it is to switch. In twenty twenty four nine seven to two Patriot. That's nine seven to two Patriot nine seven to two Patriot or Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict. That's Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict sentata. I want to move to another shocking story. Uh, and it is one that I wish I could say I didn't think we would see. Unfortunately, you predicted it. We've talked about it that this was going to keep happening. This one, though, is extremely concerning. The Department of Homeland Security has identified now quote, over four hundred migrants brought to the US by an ISIS affiliated human smuggling network, and now they are they're desperately trying to find people they had caught and released. Now over one hundred and fifty of them have been arrested, but the whereabouts of over fifty remain unknown.
Speaker 1: Your reaction.
Speaker 4: Look, this is a shocking story that in some ways is not shocking because we know that this administration that Joe Biden and the Democrats have effectively rolled out the red carpet and with open borders, have given an invitation to terrorists to come into the country. But even so, the degree of naivete and reckless disregard for the safety of Americans is remarkable. So here's the story. According to NBC, and I'm just going to quote NBC quote, the Department of Homeland Security has identified over four hundred immigrants from Central Asia and elsewhere who crossed into the US in the past three years as subjects of concern because they were brought by an ISIS affiliated human smug network, three US officials tell NBC News. While over one hundred and fifty of them have been arrested, the whereabouts of over fifty remain unknown, the official said, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement is looking to arrest them on immigration charges when they are located. One of the US officials and people said people affiliated with ISIS are operating as human smugglers in Central Asia and helping people there leave their countries and travel to the West, where they are smuggled into the US. It is not known whether the human smuggling activity directly funds ISIS activities, or whether ISIS members are making personal money through human smuggling on the side, the US official said. The official added that the US has no indication that the more than four hundred migrants brought to the US by the network have plans to carry out terrorism in the US, but immigration agents are looking to arrest them out of an abundance of caution. And here's a quote from the Bible Administration quote. In this case, it was the information that suggested a potential tie to ISIS because some of the individuals involved in smuggling migrants to the borders, that led us to want to take extra care and out of an abundance of caution, make sure that we exercised our authority in the most expansive and appropriate way to mitigate risk because of this potential connection being made.
Speaker 3: Now that's the.
Speaker 4: Quote, And what utter and complete garbage out of an abundance of caution, Yeah, we let four hundred people go that ISIS had smuggled into the country because we're so cautious, and then we realized, wait a second, there's an election. There's an election coming up in five months, and all these people that ISIS smuggled in if they carry out a terrorist attack and people realize we let them go, that's going to be a real problem.
Speaker 3: Oh crap, does anyone know where they are?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What an insane statement?
Speaker 2: Well, and not just insane, but it's also interesting to see now how the media is covering this. NBC Nightly News actually ran this on the Nightly News and called it an NBC investigation.
Speaker 1: Listen tonight.
Speaker 8: NBC News has learned more than fifty migrants with potential ties to an ISIS affiliated smuggling network are at large in America. Many illegally crossed the border and were released into the US by border patrol because there was no information suggesting terrortize at the time. Now their whereabouts are unknown as immigration agents look to arrest them.
Speaker 1: US officials tell.
Speaker 8: Us saying they're among a group of over four hundred migrants DHS identified in the US from Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Moldova, Kyrkistan, Georgia, and Russia as subjects of concern because they were brought to the US by an ISIS affiliated smuggling network, something the FBI director warned about earlier this year.
Speaker 2: Some of the overseas facilitators of the smuggling network have ISIS ties that were very concerned about.
Speaker 8: Ice IS located and arrested over one hundred and fifty of the four hundred migrants so with some already deported from the US. Officials say, adding authorities are not panicking because their ties to ISIS are not certain, but they're prioritizing their arrest out of an abundance of caution.
Speaker 5: The problem is the volume of people coming across the southern border. Individuals from ISIS and other affiliated groups have recognized it as a weak point in our defense, and they're using this opportunity to try to sneak in.
Speaker 8: NBC News was first to report on a similar arrest of a newsback man in Baltimore whose country alerted the US he was affiliated with ISIS. That man, like the others apprehended so far, was arrested on immigration charges, not terrorism related charges. ISIS k has claimed responsibility for deadly terror attacks in Russia and Iran in the past year, and recently, the DHS Inspector General sharply criticizing vetting at the US southern border, saying DHS is at risk of admitting dangerous persons into the country or enabling asylum seekers who may pot significant threats to public safety and national security to continue to reside in the United States. Two senior law enforcement officials told NBC News they are not tracking a terror plot from this group of migrants, but their arrest on immigration charges come out of an abundance of caution.
Speaker 2: Lester, They sure do you like that word center, abundance of caution? I also love in there. That one line that really just made me laugh is quote authorities are quote not panicking. Really that's supposed to make me feel better.
Speaker 4: Well remarkably, though, what they're not panicking about is not the actual public safety threat. It's not keeping Americans safe. It's the political exposure. They're freaked out because there's an election in a few months and they realize, oh no, this could look really bad for us. It has been the consistent pattern of this White House that they do not prioritize national security. Everything everything, everything is partisan politics, and Okay, what I'm about to say, it's not hyperbole. It is accurate day after day, week after week, month after month. For three and a half years, Joe Biden the Democrats have released illegal immigrants who are murderers, who are rapists, who are child molesters, who are gang members, and who are being smuggled in by isis K, a known terrorist organization, and they're letting them go. They're letting them go the four hundred notice notice in that NBC report they said they were released by the Biden administration. So we apprehended them, said, oh, look, isis K bringing someone in? All right, let's let them go? Like that is it defies words. And if there were not an election in five months, I don't think the Biden administration would be doing anything at all about it. This is all about cover it up until after election day and then we can let them go again. And I don't get Actually, I do not understand the thought process. If you're Alejandro Mayorcus help me on this, Ben, Seriously, if you're Alejandro Mayorcis, You're like, hey, four hundred people, isis case smuggled in?
Speaker 3: Should we let them go? Like?
Speaker 4: What is how do the brain synapses fire for your answer to be yep, let them go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the scary part is I think they just say this is just part of that. You've got to take the bad with the good, and their definition of good is letting millions in. So, hey, we know there's gonna be bad actors in those millions. We can't check them all out fast enough as we're allowing them to flood into this country. So that's just our policy. There may be terrorists to get in here. Oh wait, there are terrorists to get in here. We know there's people on the terrorists watch list, and we're just gonna do it anyway. But right before the election, we're going to clean it up a little bit and look like we're being proactive.
Speaker 4: I've said this multiple times, but I very much believe it. We are today at a greater risk of a major terrorist attack than we have been any time since September eleventh, and the director of the FBI has been saying that over and over and over again in congressional testimony. What the FBI is looking at, I'm confident, is even worse than what we're talking about. And that is the direct consequence of utterly reckless policies of open borders, and to tie this to what we started at the beginning. I think this should be front and center what Trump is talking about tonight at the debate.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you that was gonna be my final question for you is if CNN doesn't bring it up, do you force the issue if because I have a feeling they're going to be playing defense for Joe Biden. So does the president go all in on these type of issues even if they don't bring them up.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, absolutely, yes.
Speaker 1: Bring it up. No matter what, I love it.
Speaker 2: We're going to be obviously giving you guys, guys a lot of reaction to debate.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, we'll be doing that.
Speaker 2: As you know, we do this show Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and we do a weekend review on Saturday for what you may have missed during the week. Make sure you hit that subscribe or auto dowload button. Share this podcast please wherever you are on social media and on those in between days, grab my podcast the Ben Ferguson podcasts wherever you get your podcasts and their center, and I will see you after obviously the debate.
Speaker 1: Enjoy watching it.