Speaker 1: On this episode of the Command Center Podcast, we are breaking down the Seahawks matchup man a lot of good football players on that offense for Seattle, and we're gonna break down is Geno Smith a one hit wonder and Tanna knows him from when he was little kids? That's kind of fun story. And we're gonna talk about don't quote me, Buck quote me, and Santana Moss is leaving that leaving that segment, make sure to check it out. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Santana Moss and Fred Smooth. And if you didn't check out the Command Center show, here is your mockneck mock nick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was wrong. Yeah, but I told you he ain't had a neck because it's damn his job one right there, mock nick.
Speaker 3: Different from a turntail.
Speaker 1: But I also like this shirt because it makes you look like you got muscles.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know, what is it legal for me to ride through Washington, DC with my own way? I know it's a good And by the way, speaking of them, have you ever went to the fish market in Seattle? I never went fish I wasn't so when we went in two thousand. Was that twenty ten?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ten? When we went twenty ten, I went and visited the Starbucks.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I went down to the fish market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tried to catch your fish.
Speaker 2: I got hit an.
Speaker 4: Eye before the game, black my eye before the game, because I think it was like not just the fish hit me, and I like some of the juice, the spikes, like you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting there with a black eye trying to explain my DV coach Jared Gray.
Speaker 2: You're like, something's wrong.
Speaker 3: You got in a fight at the restaurant of it and I got hit by a fish.
Speaker 2: That happened?
Speaker 1: Did you like, because like you stay in downtown, right, you just walked over there or something.
Speaker 3: No, we just caught Listen. The one thing about me anytime we went and play so well, me and Mike with dB, we finna go out and have dinner, go see the city, all right. So we went in a dinner at the at the Needle. Okay, we ate at the the Needle. Then we were like, come on, let's go, let's go to the fish market. So we went in the fish y'all y'all Washington players and they were like, yeah, can you catch this fish.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I could catch you anything.
Speaker 1: We dude, this the big fish, right, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking about like a thirty pound fish. I'm like, man, you crazy all here tossing fish.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I was somewhere, probably in the room, eating some Jamaican food or something like that. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I never liked leaving the hotel because I was like, I always had to go, especially meetings and stuff. So I was always you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember. I remember. I remember the twenty ten game when we played up there man Anthony Armstrong Man. He came through with a clutch, big touchdown to I think put us ahead. But we played the kind of game like if you go back and think about that game, we stayed right there and then it was like a run play here that I remember making a key block. I remember because Cal got on me about the block. He was telling me, you got to get that safety tail when you get in there. They show us just look, you gotta get that, and I got no Cam was in there. He was more like that. Two years later, he was twenty twelve, twenty eleven. Matter fact, the next year can whoever it was, I didn't even have to do much. I kind of went in there and I'm not sure if it was Royce or Hallou or was it it was Hallou. I just basically shield the safety. Lou came right off my backside, man and gone, and that gave us the first down, and then we hit deep down the sideline and I remember, I'm like, man, we just won. So but I've had a lot of memories up there, man, from five when I first got here, losing to them in the playoffs. We had beat him earlier that year at home. I had one hundred something plus y'alls in that second round playoff game and we lost. But Seattle's been one of those teams been thrown and how you know what, we.
Speaker 3: Always play him and Tampa Bay, and like we got to play one of them to get to the next level of the playoffs every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about this iteration of the Seattle team. Obviously, we've had a lot of our own different experiences there. You know, twenty twelve, we played them in the playoffs here, lost all those types of things. But this team very very different. Let's start high level. Let's start on the offensive side of the football. You know, Smith, So everyone's talking about how Seattle's out as good as they were last year potentially, and there's been this regrets and and to me, it all starts with Gino. He's just not taking care of the football the same way, and he's putting the ball in arms way and it's made it difficult for them to be afficial offensively.
Speaker 3: Do you think he got a case of the fat rats disease?
Speaker 1: I don't. I mean, he got paid, but like he's a guy that I don't know how you get fats rats when you've been like pseudo back up, yeah, backup for like five or six years.
Speaker 2: I've always I've always found that because Gino is a guy. He grew up in my hometown. I went to school his mom and his dad high school.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, so we went to school with Gino Smith's mom and dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we and have forty man. So he was a kid man that I watched play little high His high school was called Mera Mahagh and they was right next door to my high school.
Speaker 1: You can't be that whole much older than him, can you.
Speaker 2: Come on with.
Speaker 1: Years?
Speaker 2: I mean, but he's how old is he?
Speaker 1: So? No?
Speaker 2: Probably twenty seven now he's probably thirties. He probably in his thirties now, I mean his mom and dad probably had him when we was we was in high team in high school, they had him round joke, but I had to throw that one. Smart guys. I've always looked at him as a gun slinger. You know, when he was in West Virginia, he was a gun sling him and as that's one of the reasons why when he came in here he had to mature a little bit because in the league, those windows are much smaller, and I think sitting in Seattle kind of going bouncing around, he grew up a lot. And then going to Seattle being under you know, Russell and watching how that offense was the difference between those two guys. They both gun slingers, but Russell was a guy that he would add little a lot more than Gino. Gino is a guy. Man. You give a man, she's gonna take a mile, and so you look at it now. I believe now that he's a starter. A lot of teams have caught up to what he does and what they're doing now more so is having title, giving him tightle windows, having better coverage and getting after him knowing that he's not a guy that can escape the pocket and do so. You know, he's not a speed guy. He's not a guy that's that you know, agile side of the pocket. So they forcing him to like, okay, be an athlete or find that when and that one is not always there. He got turned the confidence in his arm and he's trying to make those throws and eventually it comes back to him even overthrowing the guy or give him away here.
Speaker 3: That was damn near brillion. I can't really say nothing about that was really right on what I was gonna say about him, because the one thing when Gino gets in trouble, it's on overthrows and them overthrow because he think I got the to get it in this one dude, when I have to. But like he said, he don't make a lot of off schedule plays. So if they ain't on schedule, now you just force him to say how patient is Gino? Because I'm gonna play deep zone and force him to dump dump dump dump dump. That ain't what he really want to do. Gino want to push the ball down the field. And I really think the reason they regressed a little bit to me is not Gino. It's the run game. I feel like they ran the ball, not at a higher clip last year, but just more effective.
Speaker 1: They've been pretty efficial running football this year. When you look at the numbers, right, they got two running backs Sharpernay and and they both are pretty good. They're both over four yard four point three yards to carry, so that's pretty solid obviously for them. I think to your point, the thing that's been really surprising when you watch their offense is they take a lot of sacks. Their offensive line is kind of in, yeah, okay, there we go, yep, all right, I was gonna say it that way, but they're not. They're not playing that well. Right. They've got a lot of backups there, Lucas. They're starting right tackle. The rookie they drafted from Washington State last year. He got hurt on their backup guy. The backup guy gets hurt. There's been games this year where that the third the fourth tackle is playing significant minutes for them, and he's a saw.
Speaker 2: I ain't even cut you. I just saw what a dude name is from Phillip Peters. Peter. He's the right tackle played last week play with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's an old man, but but I think that that's the issue that they're run into is they take a lot of sacks. They're their running backs are very very talented. Walker and Charbonney are excellent football players in the screen game like they're just good football players, you know. And I think the thing you mentioned Tanna mentioned about him or you you mentioned about pushing the football on the field, this offense is so predicated on pushing the ball down the field. They are looking for chunks, explosive plays, and I think that's really reflected and how inefficient they've been on third down. They are the third worst team in the NFL and there are some bad football teams right now. In third down conversion play, Yeah, third down conversion percentage, they are terrible. They're thirty one point seven percent, which is bad. Right. So basically, if they don't get a big explosive play, they can't sustain drives long enough to score. And then when they get to the red zone because their third down efficiency is so poor, they have to kick field goals. It's it's really interesting to watch game flow for them because they they move the ball pretty well. It's like, here's a huge play to Metcalf, here's a huge play to lock it underneath. Here's a here's a Jackson's with an jigbuck catching the ball and you know, breaking a tackle running for twenty. Here's a running back screen. Here's an explosive run from the running back. And then the offense just gets into neutral and Gino you said, he wants to sit in the pocket and behind that offensive line like they're just he can't do it, and it's it's it's the offensive line. It's kind of what we saw earlier this year. The offensive line and the fact that the concept is so down the field it really hurts don't yes, it.
Speaker 2: Hurts them splash player away here and there from really being you. That's how I want, you know, when I'm watching it, I'm sitting there like nothing's going on. Then Bean, you got Metca running for a fifty yard Well you got Bean, you got Locking locking it hitting you deep at Locking way more dangerous than all those guys. But I just it's crazy that there's nothing going on. And then bomb, i'mna hit you with a bomb. I'ma hit you with something deep, and that gets them going.
Speaker 1: And they got a lot of good players on that side. I mean, obviously we mentioned Locking and d I think dk is you see some of his limitations, like some of the stuff they were talking about when he came out, Like obviously he's big, he's physical, he's that fifty to fifty contested touch guy. He is explosive with the football in his hands when he gets the ball running like good luck going to get down. This year, they've gotten away from like these deep crossing routes with him where you can catch and run. It's like straight vertical route like goes, comebacks, posts, And I think it's really hurt his game quite honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I saw his only catch, well, the only catch of the half last name Baltimore, Baltimore game. Was his first catch of the game was a fifty yard and when he ran that was the first that was his first catch, the first attempt. Everything. But one of the things, it's crazy that you bring up Medcab because and I'm gonna use this in my segment that we got coming up. Don't quote me, but quote me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we go all right, put it out there.
Speaker 2: But one of the things about Metcab, as much as we want to sit there and talk about what he can't do, spanker any given moment on that field, to destroy you, and it's just one of those guys.
Speaker 1: I think that's a frustrating thing about it for me as a fan of him in that skill set, it's like, why are we not doing this every game? Why we're not using him in this way? Why are we trying to hit him on a go every single But but you.
Speaker 2: Know what I think it is, and it's this is something that we talk about a lot here and there's a guy who knows it off too well. Quarterbacks make you, and that shows you the limitations they have in Geno. No, don't get me wrong, I love Geno, hometown kid. Glad to see him Rarei's I'm glad to see he's finally became that guy. But even with all those intangibles he has, he just ain't enough consistent. It's not enough consistent quarterback play to for Metcalf to be the guy he was with Russell. You see what I'm saying, Like when he was with Russell, he could just do whatever he wanted to do because Russell was gonna find him.
Speaker 3: He was gonna live and find a way to get the quarterbacks. If I want to be a good quarterback, I've always said in my head. I'm gonna get it to my best.
Speaker 2: But you know what, man, it's all about It's all about design of that play. It's all about the progression of that those routes. And half the time those quarterbacks, a lot of quarterbacks don't have the kahunas to go outside of what the coach is called. You know what I'm saying, Like Marble now going outside? That tell me back, I'm going at you being in Testaburdy, I'm going outside, Jason, I ain't see nothing, You ain't seen nothing. But that was my guy. But still, like who else the guy we had here? I like Logan, not Logan, Todd, Todd, Todd Collins. Todd Collins. Gonna go to the old guys. So you have some of these guys who I'm calling them, they they were seasoned, they was lathered, they was veterans, but they was guys that understood. Man, this guy gonna make me. So I'm gonna go to this guy. And some of these quarterbacks get a little caught up into who they are more so than the guys you have. That's really that guy. But that's why I always look at other people offenses and say, man, that's only that's the only thing that I was kind of like lacking. I didn't have a team where I could just be the guy, but you know, just to speed things up, man, that's what I'm thinking. That's what's going on with Metcalf. I think Metcalf can be more. The Metcalf that we saw before is just quarterback play ain't up the park.
Speaker 1: So we haven't really talked about the defense yet. For Seattle, we'll hold off on that for one second. I want to just ask this question because I think that's really interesting. So who has the better receiver group? Do you think? Is it Seattle? Is it Washington? Because I look at this depth chart for Seattle and I'm like, holy cow, man, they got Metcalf, they got Locked, they got Jackson Smith and and Jake, but they got Jake Bobo, that kid from me.
Speaker 3: I like him. He's tow like coming out of college. So ran a terrible for that though.
Speaker 2: On paper we look explosive, we look dynamic coming into this season with what we have. But I will be on the record to say that those guys can Seattle a little better than us. I think because of I think it's not because of just ability, it's just.
Speaker 1: Just they just feel more dynamic.
Speaker 2: No, it's not even the size, and it's just they've been here. They've been they've been here long enough, they've done it long enough. You know, a locket, the guy who you don't even give them enough credit to. He's out there killing your best. He'll kill you in week out. You got a metcalf who man like you just give him the worst ball you can, just throw it up to him. He's gonna go across the mill. He's gonna hurt your safety trying to hear him. He's gonna make the play, you know what I mean, Brother, you have to catch or not. He's gonna make a play. And then you have this kid now that just Jackson Smith and he's been phenomenal. So that's the thing that's scary about them. And that's something that I was like, you know, I'm gonna talk about later when I talk about these you know their matchup against our defensive backs, because you talked about that. You know that that's one of your matchups, that's one of your that's one of your favorites, going up against our dbs against their their wide receiver. I'm scared of that, bro, I'm gonna be real with you because I know we are prone to give giving up with the big play explosives. And I don't want this to be the team that say we're gonna make them look think that.
Speaker 3: We even all over say that's how they play the makeup.
Speaker 2: They might be a little bit. They might have one or two more guys than the Eagles have in their cores, and they can easily be that same kind of.
Speaker 3: Funny because when I look at these wide receiving cords, I try to just go slot slot slot. I. Number one, Terry. Who would you really have? Terry or DK?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: I think I think Locke's more than number one than DK.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm gonna get to him. But but I would say DK is probably you know that they want to hate right now? So who would you rather have?
Speaker 2: Terry a DK?
Speaker 1: Mixing?
Speaker 2: For what we do, it's easy to say Terry, But for what the league will look at, they would pick DK all right off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, number two, the number two receivers, Johann a Locket.
Speaker 2: Who'd you ready? R Han is great? You know we like his potential.
Speaker 3: Three wide receivers, all right, would you ready to have Curtis Samuel's Jackson Smith and didn't I ready have Curtis Samuel.
Speaker 2: I say, Curtis might have a little more season than that kid, and Curtis a little faster than them.
Speaker 3: And I could use Curtis.
Speaker 2: So so it's kind of like it. But what I'm saying is so if you look at it like that, then it's a toss up. But from just the play, I know, I say what you say because I feel like you can understand. You got to put into all contexts that we're learning a new offense. Yeah, you know what I mean, We're not. We're still gathering the information and trying to you know, play on the same page, which I've seen a lot of progress. These guys they out there running, they're gone, you know what I mean. They love young guy. We was waiting for him to get going, and he's been he's didn't make a hell of a play. So if we can put the pressure and put you know, Gino into one of those panic moments, then now they play into our hands. But we let him have his time, it could be scary out there for our defensive backs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the thing, is like, because we do you know, we do a lot of we give up a lot of big explosive plays. This is a big exposive play offense. Like, can we manage some of that? It's gonna be a big deal.
Speaker 2: Let's talk.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little bit about the defense real quick. So their their defense. I think their defense is interesting, right, because it's it's not overly complicated, right.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty They play simple and fast.
Speaker 1: Pretty straightforward. They do big pressures, and they're good at the pressures they bring. They bring them in good moments, critical moments, and they're fast with them. But they're not complicated. And like you mentioned, it's cover two, it's Cover three, it's man, it's nothing crazy. How do you think Sam matches up against this group? He seems to play well against defenses to play straightforward, but I will say this coverage group in the back end place fast.
Speaker 3: He gonna think about it. He has to find thirty three. He has to find Jamal Adams. He's the cop that makes this defense goal because as good as he is at the safety, he's better closer to the line of scrimmage. That's where he makes his plays. He's a sacker. He's a guy that makes them play faster than they are. So my thing is how fast can Sam fined? Thirty three? Yeah, five thirty three. They're gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Help you play.
Speaker 3: You got Witherspoon that's in the nickel and he's excelling at the nickel. Tariak Woodland do I receive? I mean the cornerback he's having a dial year, but he has the ability to make any plays at any time physically is can you make these linebackers make plays in space?
Speaker 2: So look watch the game Trey willand jump off the page with Aspoon and that Trey Brown, Wooling and Witherspoon. Those DB's the first press. Those are three DB's that I see. I said, who it's gonna be interesting and we protect for Sam. Now we get to see our receivers go up against I believe top tier cornerback play. Then you're gonna thought about it. You got thirty three and back there so they whole second there. Yeah, got names, you know what I mean, if you want just talk about names, they got the name. Can we go up against them? But the one thing that I saw that to me that made me say, I like this matchup because when you talk about the blisters. And you talk about thirty three playing up close to the line of scrimmage every time. They brought five or six men last week for some odd reason to tight end Mark Andrews is wid by open by himself. So Logan Thomas, if you not chopping at the bitch right now and saying, give me, show me one of these looks, Just give me one of these looks. And I'm hoping that Sam's seeing it too, and wish they are because they watching film just like us. I was sitting there sitting myself. Hold on, let me wind us again. Let me see if there was how many men came, so I can just make sure that I'm not you know, because I try to critique the things how I see it and speak on how I see it. And I saw it too many times like the first half. I believe Mark Andrews had six catches going to halftime, like critical key key clutch catches, you know what I mean, because they was leaving them open at times and they wasn't blissing a lot. And so one of the one of the things that stood out to me just saying that, Okay, the secondary is up there. They name for name, they can go out there and play against anybody. But the one thing they haven't been good at is stopping the run and really putting that much pressure. So the one guy to who put a little pressure or got his name, boy my fac fifty three number fifty three. There you see, you said, fast off their edge, Lennold got to come with it. You gotta have your hard hat, your you know, all that stuff. You know, Timbling's all that bring it because he's gonna come off there. You understand, we play this game and they know what we're susceptible to, like, Hey, these teams and this team can't stop this, we're gonna do it. And that's how you have to think going into every game. But I'm just hoping that we can have that same energy that we had the last two weeks, because if we can come with that kind of game plan to say, let's let's kind of get the run game going, let's moved his ball, move the pocket and get that twelve men out of it early, we have a great fighting chance offensively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And I think the other thing about this defense that's interesting is they do they are like ninth in the league and takeaways. So the interceptions, fumble, get after the football, gotta protect the football, and uh, like you said, for their very confident group fast, they know what they're they know what they're doing right, and they're really dialed in. And I think it'll it'll be a very interesting challenge and they've been very productive over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Who has the I don't even know if you who has the luxury of drafting the top five corner and let him play Nickel.
Speaker 1: He's been great. Though.
Speaker 3: What I'm just saying, you know, how many times do you see this?
Speaker 1: To me that strikes me as a thing where it's like, this is the best player on our board, Like we're taking them and we're going to find a spot.
Speaker 2: For most definitely, But I'm just saying, very seldom see a corner just go get shut in the inside and hem.
Speaker 1: In the top six guy tox six, top top six pick in the NFL. Yeah, And again, like so, even though they're simple because they get a lot of turnovers, they've held really good offenses to sub like sub point totals. I think they held they.
Speaker 2: Share of wins and losses against teams that they shouldn't have or shouldn't shouldn't have lost. You shouldn't have lost to the team, and they shouldn't have been the team. So that's how look at their whole schedule or or record right now, Like, damn they beat that team that.
Speaker 3: The Raids took him down through there with some physicality. So if some coach every be enemy, I'm thinking about running his barrow.
Speaker 2: And they backup running back. Was the one that was his first three carries and gashed him.
Speaker 1: He's a Mitchell Mitchell. He's a guy though, he's like a four to three guy, kind of.
Speaker 2: Small and you know, compact. Yeah, ran the ball well. I mean the other guy too, got in there every time he touched the balls. That's that's what That's what stood out to me, is just seeing that it was. To me, it was a balance attack that kind of got them, you know what I mean, you know where they was at. I think they ran the ball exceptionally well. And then with the threat of having Lamar. That's kind of always hard for sure to kind of account for a quarterback that can do it, because I saw a lot of times he made plays that where it should have just been stopped and he kept the ball. And then and even in the passing game, they blitched them fifty three came off the and he ran on him and he got twenty three yards, you know what I mean. So you can't make up for that. That's just that's just playing in the backyard. And that's the plays that you can't draw on the paper and say we're gonna get this.
Speaker 3: It will make him so unique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think I think that game is kind of an outlier for the defense. I think they've been much more consistent. So like when you're looking at him, think about how they played against Cleveland. It was a backup quarterback, played well against Arizona, played well against Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: And Cleveland had a good defense. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So and the thing again that it's been hurting this defense quite a bit, hurt them a lot in the Baltimore game is the offense turns the ball over a lot. Gino Smith fumbles, interceptions, saving.
Speaker 2: A rough I believe eight turnovers in the leastest games.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is which is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's get to our last sevement, which I'm excited for. All right, So where are the Commander's advantages? And we're gonna do a segment with Tanna where it's don't quote me, but quote me with our very own Santana Moss. And this is the first time we've done this segment, but we're gonna kind of let Tanner run this show. And I can't wait to see what our guys got.
Speaker 2: Call it a little bit.
Speaker 1: I ain't got one to do hoppyhood hop hoodie. Right, yeah, so what's the first what we got to tell you? What's the first one? Here?
Speaker 2: Don't quote me, but quote me? All right, don't quote me, but quote me. And I kind of alluded to this a little earlier. Man, sh del rio, please give our guys some helping that back in because I'm scared of these receipts. Now we can sit here and talk about today. But man, trust me, if we if we allow, because one of the things people fail to realize, and I want to I want to talk about it. We talked about this all year long, and we wonder why you wondering why we haven't seen so much, you know, or we haven't seen enough pressure from our guys up front, because half of the time it's the guys in the back end. You got a guy here, they're free and you're not communicating well enough, and you got those guys sitting back there and you're waiting time out, you know when they gonna get there. No, the rush is to me, the rush doesn't start up front. It starts with the guys in the back end. Because if the court back had to hold the ball a little longer, that allows your guys to get to them. So if we want to see our guys up front, and I know, chasing those boys are gone. But I don't feel like we have to rely on those guys to go out then be dominant up front. We have we have enough guys and I believe in two hill and we just call them James Hyphens and the two young guys and I'm two studs in the middle. You know that their offensive line pff grade all under fifty. They moved. They got musical chairs too, by the offensive line, like the Giants have a couple of weeks ago. So we have to take advantage of that. But the way you take advantage of that is in the back end and being secure. So I'm hoping that we have a coverage on there where there's two under where there's four, whether there's something that's going to have us play with our eyes on the quarterback to not let these guys be with their backs turned so we can have a chance at the ball or have a chance to see when he's throwing it so we won't get burned. Because I believe this receiver corps can be lethal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I totally agree with that. I think they're all explosive. Even the running backs are explosive. Tight ends are explosive. Like Noah Fan. We didn't mention him in the top of the show. He's an explosive kind of four to four guy. Big dude can make a lot of plays. Like their fourth receiver is extremely explosive. So a lot of stuff to be worried about here. And I think to your point ten, it's like, can Jack find a way to create a conservative coverage structure right that keeps everything in front of you? But also can he be varied enough and mix it up so that Gino can't get a beat on you?
Speaker 2: And not even that. Let's let's see a little bit what we saw last week. Give these guys face, put hands on guys, pram. You don't get me wrong, Like I remember, we had this little discussion, you know, right before we started to show yesterday and I was asking you, why is it that sometimes we don't put hands on guys? And then we saw Forbes go out there and he put hands on everybody lined up in front of him. To me, as a playmaker, rather, I'm a receiver, tight end, defensive back. I have to do and I have to do what's going to be best for me individually. So if a coach can tell me ten, I need your hands up when you're in your stands, and I want your hands on your knees. You know, coaches coach you up to tell you what they want to see from you, but after that, not gonna make a play sure, And that's overcoming coaching. So if a coach told me I want you to play a scheme a certain way, it is I'm gonna play this scheme, but now I have to play it to the ability. I have to now show that player that scheme how I fit in this scheme. Same way I told you guys when I was in New York. You know, Paul Hackett told me I don't want to see you running route like that. You ran that dig rock that is that you can't run it like that? Like I just beat the hell out of this guy. And he didn't want to see it again. And guess what I got in the game and run it again, went for eighty and he threw his clipboard at me. It was like, I can't coach this guy how because you have to understand. You can coach me, but so far. Now when I'm on the feel, it's time for me to click in as that player, as that playmakers, that different maker, and go out there and make a play. When I make a play, all that coaching go out the door. You can't tell me how to do it. All you can do is get me right, line up and know what I got to do. From there, I'm gonna take it from there.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's it. And then you know, there's a lot more to talk about in this game. But I think the main thing that came out of that conversation, in my opinion, is the most important part here in this game. The deciding factor is can you limit the big plays for Seattle? Can we And if you can do that.
Speaker 3: I think on both sides, you got to limit the big plays they make on defense and limit it.
Speaker 1: On limited turnoff is really I think I think comes down to. So let's let's get into game predictions. Smoot, what do you got?
Speaker 3: Twenty one twenty?
Speaker 1: That's how tight it's gonna be. Do you think.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's gonna be a block extra point. I don't know if it's just two field goals and not a touchdown to get that twenty. But I'm going twenty one Washington twenty. So we're getting out of hair. We're getting out of there by the hairs on our chin and chin chins.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's a win?
Speaker 2: I think it's a win.
Speaker 1: Wow, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be an m m a battle. It's gonna be hard fort twelve. Man' gonna try to get in it. We're gonna make a player two here and there to quiet them. It's gonna be one of them kind of games. They gonna be like, damn, we thought we we thought we had a little back, but these guys are really playing, and I think it's gonna be a play made on the other side, you know, either side offensive defense. Is that gonna decide the game for us? I can't tell you who's gonna win it. I really, I really believe it's gonna be one of them hard four games. This might be our toughest opponent, especially just because of what their their home stadium does for everybody, and everybody got to be down in I'm pretty sure right now, I'm surprised I ain't been hearing no music. But the day is the first day, so we are. But man on the field, they need to have loud noise going. We need to be able to have silent cadence, all that stuff defensively, how you check your hands, seeknings, do all that because it gets so loud in there. Oh man, I at one time I would just like scrap that I'm gonna run. I was just telling the telling the quarterback. I'm running, curl, I'm running come back. Like you gotta be able to just know what's going on, because that's what a man can play a huge role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I totally agree with that, and I think it will be close. And the thing to me I keep going back to is like, can our defense limit explosive plays because like unlike last week where Mac Jones wasn't able to connect on some of those note caepers, Gino's got an ability to do that. Obviously, the defensive line can communicate some of that. They've given a lot of sacks. But I just look at it and I say to myself, man, like this is the defense needs to come come with it. I think offensively will be okay as long as you don't turn the football over, you know, more than twice, I think will be okay. But defense has come with it. Part of me thinks Seattle's gonna win this game just because it's a tough trip. What's your point total, I'm gonna say. I want to say it's gonna be like twenty four to twenty something like that. So you with me, it's gonna be a close game. I think these teams are more evenly matched than people maybe nationally think, because I think there are some souls offensively with the Seattle offensive line, for example, that are really mitigating like the effectiveness of that group. And I think Gino's turning the football over too much to be like a top tier group. But again, they've got some talented pieces on the offensive side of the football. That means they're they've got like a puncher's chats, right the Deontay Wilder.
Speaker 3: They live to got a chance, And my MVP of the game is one to run pain. Yeah, because you're waiting for that game from him or even John Allen?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, is it right?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: The interior guys, are you know one of them?
Speaker 1: You don't have a chance. This is the game right here. Yeah, so I think that's what we're looking for. Really excited for this game, really exciting because it feels like could be a statement measuring stea Yeah, really good measuring sith this. This is a competitive team, winnable football coached well coach. Really looking forward to watching this and hopefully the commander is crazy.
Speaker 2: To I I'm meant to say this, the decoordinator and the defensive line coaches both was on my cottage team and really yeah, so so the defense defensive coordinator is Clinton Hurt and Damian Lewis d Luis did he lose? He's the defensive line coach. So it'd be great. Yeah, definitely, definitely, it'd be great just to see those guys doing what they're doing. Man, it's just crazy, just know that.
Speaker 3: Damn that old Yeah Antonio Pierce head coach. I mean for the love Vegas regulars, we.
Speaker 1: All yeah, absolutely so, thank you guys so much for joining us on the show today. Really appreciate it. If you like this show, please make sure to check out it on the YouTube page which you're on right now. Like to subscribe where you get your podcast. You guys like this podcast, please make sure to check out our other podcast. We got a ton of them. We got The Players Club with London Fletcher and Tantana Moss and this week who you got the.
Speaker 3: Old Airwolf, the Old he's the Young air Wolf Man.
Speaker 2: He's the Young air Wolf, That's what he is.
Speaker 1: Can we to check that out? And we've got the Command Center Special podcast with be mich and Santanamos live from Seattle, Man. That's going to be a ton of fun. Make sure to check that out. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and our hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.