Speaker 1: Second date of date. Some things just go together, like campfires and s'mores. Yeah, trucks and mud Disney and happy endings every time.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: Another perfect pairing is football and flirting. Like I've seen Tom Brady in his center making eyes at each other all the time. That makes ESPN's Top ten every single week. But do you know you can also flirt at a football viewing party, not just when you're in the games. And that's what happened to one of our listeners, Brian. Brian, welcome to the show man. Were you the flirty, the flirter or the flirt test?
Speaker 3: I guess you canna say I took part in a bit of.
Speaker 4: Each, Oh, Brian.
Speaker 1: Appetite.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: So tell us who are you flirting with? What's their name?
Speaker 2: Okay, and set the scene for us. Are you at a house party?
Speaker 3: Where yet house party? We're watching football and guessing between seventeen twenty two twenty three people in there?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a.
Speaker 2: Big party, man.
Speaker 1: And how did you and Gina come to be kitchen?
Speaker 3: Oh? It makes sense, ob obviously I've seen her, but I saw her go to the kitchen, so I was like, hey, let me just make my way to the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Nice she goes to the kitchen, Yes, and you're hungry, okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And the kitchen is like the you know, it's like the soul of the house. Anybody hangs out, It's where you get to know people.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel it's easy to you know, like strike a conversation in the kitchen then.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I'm assuming in the living room or everywhere else, everybody's watching the game and being loud, so if you want to talk to someone, So, how did you strike up a conversation? Or maybe she struck up the conversation? How did things get going?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I think she started flairing me by joking and saying that you know anything about football?
Speaker 5: And then I just kind.
Speaker 3: Of like follow along with I was like, oh, yes, how much is a is a field goal?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 8: I was thinking I would have got defensive, been like how dare you?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you the quarterbacks name.
Speaker 2: And that's a good move though.
Speaker 6: It's a good judge on her part too, to see how aggressive the dude is, you know, because you don't want to date, like the know it all in the room.
Speaker 1: And it's a weird thing though to see somebody woman explaining football to very I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it. You're completely right. But if you look at this woman, you'd be like, yeah, anything you say.
Speaker 2: It was, that's all right.
Speaker 1: So how do things go from there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, we started making drinks and just talking. But I don't know if I was just nervous or anxious, but I just ended up saying like douchey stuff.
Speaker 2: Like what do you mean?
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 3: The game in a pretty big TV? And then all of a sudden, it's kind of like a out of body experience where I just saw myself, Hey, my TV is bigger than that one.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you think that TV's big.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We all had that moment where you're like looking at yourself and you're like, why are you still talking?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What did she say when you were bragging about your TV? Was she like rolling her eyes or was she like, oh tell me more?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I mean she laughed and I just played it off and I got lucky on that one.
Speaker 1: So she tried to move on from the moment, get okay.
Speaker 2: But she was still interested in you after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we continue to talk and just get to know each other, and it was time for her to leave, and she was going to order an uber and I said, you know, let me just drive you home and we can continue to talk and just connect. And we finally get her place and she asked me to come.
Speaker 6: Up, okay, to see her big TV.
Speaker 1: So did you?
Speaker 3: Of course I came up. You're kidding me?
Speaker 1: A touchdown field goal? What did you get? First down?
Speaker 3: Nothing happened?
Speaker 2: Nothing happened?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, we just sat, We had a drink or two, We talked. We talked, and we talked and she's like, oh, I got to get ready for my week, and I was like, that's my cute.
Speaker 2: So did you just do you think she was waiting for you to make a move.
Speaker 3: I didn't get that kind of a vibe. It was I don't know it was it was.
Speaker 5: It was just weird.
Speaker 3: I didn't like I wanted to, but at the same time, it's just me meeting her and yeah, the fine line between being respectful and not too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely okay, So how long were you in her place before you had to leave?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't long. Twenty minutes, okay.
Speaker 6: To her credit, maybe she like, you know, sometimes you get a little over excited, like you're in the car.
Speaker 2: You're in the moment you're like, yeah, come up, or maybe that's what I should do.
Speaker 6: I should invite him up and then once you're up there, oh man, I gotta get up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Okay, so what happened after you left your place? What's happened since that night?
Speaker 3: I texted, I've called no answer, so I'm really confused.
Speaker 1: Sounds like someone needs a hail Mary.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be done with football pods, don't get.
Speaker 1: We're gonna man explain all the football stuff to Alexis during this break, and then when we come back.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that you guys can guide me through the game winning drive.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's end on that. We're gonna play a song. We'll come back. We'll call Geen if you try and get your second date update.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, hold on second date update. Just read a study. Every time a football game happens, a baby is born. That's a fact. I mean, there must be a connection there that football leads to baby.
Speaker 2: He's no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It felt like now you made it weird. That's how our listener, Brian ended up meeting a woman named Gina at a football viewing party and he ended up driving her home that night, even got the invite to join her in her place. I was only there for about a half an hour before the night was pretty much over and he had to leave. So now can't reach her and he's calling in the pros. That's us dating pro supposedly, then find out the reason why. Brian, you ready to do this?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: You got your pads on, You got your jockstrap on.
Speaker 2: We don't need a jockstrap.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's good to have protective gear before we go into these phone calls. Always use protection.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 1: Nope, he's adjusting. I got guard.
Speaker 3: I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 6: Guys, Oh, I think you should be too nervous. It doesn't sound like you did anything really stupid. I mean, at least from your side of the story.
Speaker 1: You know, if you did do something, and then we're gonna find out right now, and we're pretty dumb.
Speaker 5: So she doesn't love you dumb people.
Speaker 1: Somebody does. Yeah, we're just gonna take it as love.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's style Gina's phone number and see if she answers, see what she has to say. Okay, here we.
Speaker 5: Go Hello, Hey, is this Gina speaking Gina?
Speaker 1: What's up? My name is jeffrom the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, who oh, No.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: It happens like this.
Speaker 2: Wow, hi Genah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're on the radio right now with Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. That's Brooke. My name is Jeff We have Jose and Alexis here too.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, I'm just I'm so caught off guard.
Speaker 7: There seems like there's a lot of people on the phone.
Speaker 9: I didn't I didn't even know they still haddio stations like a real radio station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a full team here.
Speaker 2: No, we got a podcast too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're dying breeze, but we're trying to move into the future, so one of us will be gone soon. I'm sure the point of this.
Speaker 7: Call, I mean, you sound legit.
Speaker 1: So we got two almost compliments in five minute period. It's amazing. But look, we're trying to get a little bit of help for one of our listeners. His name is Brian, and you met him the other day.
Speaker 7: I met him the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you met him at a football viewing party.
Speaker 7: They were talking about the Brian that drove me home, that gave me a ride home.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's the Brian, the one that you invited up to your apartment after he dropped you off, and he, like he said, he hung out at your place for like a half hour.
Speaker 2: He has a crush on you. He likes you.
Speaker 7: I don't mean to sound conceited, but a lot of people do. I I'm an exercise rider. I'm a jockey, ride race horses, and.
Speaker 6: They get like a following the pot dudes that follow your.
Speaker 1: Fan so tight pants.
Speaker 9: Yeah. So the point I'm making is.
Speaker 1: I very busy and Okay, the whole point is that Brian had a really nice time hanging out with you that day, and he wants to do that again. That I'm I'm assuming that was some of all his texts.
Speaker 7: No, what, I wasn't sure if we would be a good match. So I invited him upstairs and put him through my test.
Speaker 2: So your test test, there's a test upstairs, make you sit down with a.
Speaker 1: Physical what test? Because we talked to him before we spoke to you, and he didn't mention anything about having to do a test.
Speaker 7: Well, I didn't tell him I was testing him a secret test.
Speaker 2: What's your test?
Speaker 7: Well, I just I'm a very active person and I one of my pet peeves is I have no tolerance for men that are lazy, and he just seems like one of those lazy tights after I put him to my test, and it was a very simple test.
Speaker 1: Okay, he seemed lazy after he offered to drive you home from the party that you guys attended. A lot of physical I mean I can turn left and right on the wheel.
Speaker 2: I'd like, how you say a lazy person?
Speaker 6: And Jose is automatically if in this room right now, I'm like, okay, how do you tell?
Speaker 2: How do you tell if he's lazy or not? What do you do?
Speaker 7: So I'm bringing out the drinks from the kitchen and I purposely knocked the remote off the end table to see if he'd be a gentleman and pick it up. And he did, but after I gave him the.
Speaker 8: Look, so he he he passed the test, But he didn't pass the test of the way you would have liked him to the test.
Speaker 7: I don't need a guy that's a couch potato.
Speaker 9: If you can't move three feet to your left and pick up a darn remote control, you.
Speaker 1: You're the one that knocked it over there.
Speaker 9: You know he should have grabbed the drink tray in the first place.
Speaker 2: Didn't you say? He picked up the remote though the death stair brook.
Speaker 7: But I had to give him the look.
Speaker 9: And then he walks over and gets the remote and he doesn't even like bend down to get it, just reaches forward like it was contaminated or something like it had sir. He's just like, here's your remote.
Speaker 2: This is strange.
Speaker 6: I mean, the person he described that he hung out with it was different than who you seem to be very active.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 7: I don't know, maybe I had too much to drink that night. Because I am very caught off guard by this phone call.
Speaker 1: I think Brian is very caught off guard by this phone call too, because he's not he never mentioned this, and he's finding all of this out for the first time. I need to tell he's on the other line listening, and he definitely need to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Brian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, here, I've heard the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's a Brian test, like come on, like.
Speaker 3: Really, come on, I'm not a couch potato. And yeah, I did not bet my knees, but guess what I have.
Speaker 4: But I don't really know if that's a selling point if you're trying to get on to take me. Okay, you know, I'm not going to tell you that right away.
Speaker 3: You know, the invinment to your apartment.
Speaker 6: You I mean, do you think that maybe you you judged him too quickly?
Speaker 9: Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: Did you just hear what he said? I totally called it.
Speaker 4: Is those legs just because I haven't.
Speaker 3: Shut me out like that and brand me as a couch potato because.
Speaker 4: I have issues with my knees.
Speaker 6: I mean, maybe he has issues because he was so active that he was overused him.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually that's what my doctor said.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And I think maybe the reason that he didn't want to get up and wanted to stay on the couch is he wanted to just be close next to you.
Speaker 9: Can you imagine ten years from now, you could just see Brian all laying out on the couch with his tendon night.
Speaker 3: How do you think your knees are going to be in ten years after jocking so much?
Speaker 2: She's a jockey, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do yoga, Bryan. I can't be with someone that just sits on there and watches football.
Speaker 4: So why the hell in the world which you're gonna football party to sit you down and watch a football game. I'm so active.
Speaker 9: Shut up, Brian, hit on the couch with your dad, niece and another radio station.
Speaker 7: Because this is a start.
Speaker 3: I'm already here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well before you go call, before you call the other radio station, Brian, let this radio station ask a question first, because we'd like to send you guys out on another date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's passion, definitely passion.
Speaker 1: There's something.
Speaker 9: What do you mean another date?
Speaker 7: We'll go on a date with Brian.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, we'll offer to send you on a first date on us.
Speaker 7: If Brian wants to date, he can go to the retirement home or assistant living because he's not coming back here.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. Brian, are you close to an assisted living facility? I don't want to have to walk too far and hurt knees. Everybody's knees. Wow, Brian, you up for it.
Speaker 3: I call you guys for hope. And now I'm being shamed because I have night and my niece.
Speaker 1: Come on, like, hey, it's not gonna be forever man like you little rest and some ice and ibuprofen. It'll get better.
Speaker 7: God actually gets worse. That's not true, guys wicked
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning